PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 EPISODE 4 -AFTERTHOUGHTS-

Meteor Weapon
Apr 26, 2017, 06:00 AM
So...we've really came far to get to the end of EP4. Since we've reached the finale of EP4, minus the Phaleg battle and Yamete's incoming buff update , what are your thoughts for the entirety and everything about EP4?

r00tabaga
Apr 26, 2017, 06:11 AM
My thoughts are that they should bring this west for us PS4 players.

otakun
Apr 26, 2017, 06:19 AM

You're better off hoping for PSU2 or PSO3 at this point then a western PSO2 release.

Meteor Weapon
Apr 26, 2017, 06:27 AM

And why is that? Just go English patch and go American Ship 2

mickbis
Apr 26, 2017, 08:34 AM
1. EP4 have extremely well done music.... IMO
"Steel Prestige - Borderless" "Tokyo" "Las Vegas" "Moon base" "Mother EQ"
2. player role in new ARKS and the introduction of Xiera
3. mentioned of sub space traveling which result in the possibility for future content is vast

aside from that I think it ok not horrible not great
if you think of it as the introduction episode

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 26, 2017, 08:44 AM
The anime was a mistake.

Goukezitsu
Apr 26, 2017, 09:17 AM
The worst episode. Good system changes (3 button, rings, recycle shop fixes, excubing, etc.) Hoping episode 5 fixes everything episode 4 did wrong. Deus nerf was the nail in the coffin really.

Raujinn
Apr 26, 2017, 09:21 AM
The best episode. Everything was gloriously stupid 10/10 would kick a T-Rex in the face again.

The anime high school stuff was pretty bad tho.

Xaelouse
Apr 26, 2017, 09:49 AM
It was kinda enjoyable minus stupid stuff like SG (which is redeeming itself now although the AC->SG conversion looks really silly now) and how one pet on Summoner deteriorated the use of several others. I think after this episode they really need to tone down on introducing raid bosses and study more on how to make a decent one again. Apos Dorios, Loser's last phase and Mother's last phase are the only decent fights at the moment, and the latter two can be completely ignored with enough burst.

The story was cliche as hell but was fun. Still more interesting than EP3.
I was honestly hoping they would do something with Challenge Quest before the episode ends, but I suppose they won't. Maybe Arks Battle Chronicle will make up for it?

EDIT: forgot about scratch bonus items. Fuck those too

Altiea
Apr 26, 2017, 09:54 AM
You kinda have to look at the story in a "so bad it's good" way to enjoy it. It's really dumb, but it's dumb enough that if you don't take it seriously, it's kinda fun to watch. Of course, if you're one of those people who can't not take it seriously, EP4 isn't the Episode for you.

hoangsea
Apr 26, 2017, 10:02 AM
afterthought ?

EP4 SUCKS

isCasted
Apr 26, 2017, 11:04 AM
EP4 was full of good stuff that was mishandled in varying degrees of horribleness.

3-button control scheme is an incredible addition which is how the game should have been from the start, yet it's not a default for new players on PC (I bet my ass many people at 75/75 still have no idea it exists) and it's not available on Vita.

Skill rings finally add things like frontal S-Roll, gap closing and STEP JA, but the system itself is not extensible enough. It has lots of concepts that, again, should've been there from the start, yet to fix the game you have to rely on chat shortcuts and highest-rarity armor (admittedly, it's still better than nothing). Gathering is plain dumb, random, unintuitive, unfun mess.

Collection Files gave me a hope when they were first added, because Revolucio 1 offered a diverse set of objectives and could be done at your own pace. Sure, it required low-level stuff, but weapons themselves weren't that strong either. So we though stronger stuff would be more fun to obtain... Big fat NOPE, it's all limited-time and EQ-bound, fuck you.

NT weapons are great, except for the fact that you need 6 damn copies of them, SAFs weren't available from the start, CFs are still limited-time and bound to 12-player content and EQs, Emper Rappy worshipping is dumb and OT WEAPONS STILL EXIST.

Layered wear - finally some variety!... except they come in tickets. Grrr...

PD buff? Incredible!.. except for RNG factor. Solo PD? Fantastic! Except you still have to sit through 30-second teleporters and cutscenes, and RNG factor is even worse. And EQ version was limited time.

Daily LQ rotation? Great! Except they're incredibly boring now because everyone is so strong. At least going solo was fun before nerf kicked in. It still takes way too fucking long to do them solo, but now there's no challenge whatsoever. They could've buffed point acquisition for low-man groups or something, but they chose the dumbest way.

Training Quests, one of the most wanted features by some people, only cover the most basic stuff that's related to combat. Meanwhile, progression system, where the most confusion lies, keeps growing with more and more redundant features.

PA customization - again, these work well in combat, but they make no sense as "customizations". Majority of them are objectively superior to uncustomized versions, so there isn't really a choice as the word "customization" would imply. It's an extra layer of complexity to progression system with no depth. There are "customizations" that'd be better off as entirely new PAs (Infinite Fire, all new tech crafts) or high-level versions (you know, like in every other Phantasy Star game since PSO). Oh, and Deadly Circle T-0 is still a braindead mess, and Sharp Bomber T-0 is OP.

Graphics "upgrade" sucks balls, and I won't get tired of repeating it. Environment textures are a pixelated mess compared to old ones, and added "3D" objects on them make me cringe. Lighting is completely broken, painful on eyes and washing out colors. Color filter thing adds unwanted tints and makes things like character skin color jump between extremes (my Berry, who's just slightly tanned, jumps between pale as shit and straight up African depending on area). Makeover Salon is still the best area for character screenshots, it seems. Important features such as HQ models, AO and camera lighting have no excuse to be tied to only one graphics setting.

Now, for content:

You'd think some of the largest and most interesting cities on planet would look great in a game with such a vibrant art style as PSO2? Wrong. No detail, no skyscrapers, no flashing neon signs, barely any cars and people don't exist. Las Vegas, while it's nice to have a more 3D take, is only 3 preset maps. Epic fail.

Train Ghidoran Suppresion-like quests is something this game desperately needed. So, again, high hopes for the game's future... ruined, because Las Vegas didn't have any Arks Quests at all. Rideroids are fun, and Riding Quests would be great if not for RNG and weak-ass enemies. Dash panel gimmick was fun in Vegas LQ, but that LQ was ruined by lacking enemy variety and spawn bugs.

Original Phantom enemies are an epitome of annoyance, with a deadly combo of attack-based weakspot reveals + random attack patterns. Weakspots will clip through environment. The actually fun ones are just improved Darkers, for fucks sake! Angels were nice-ish to fight in story quest, but in EQ they're a pushover; probably not coming to any regularly-accessible content either.

Ultimate Amduscia also has fantastic enemies, especially bosses. But it's repetitive and already dead.

Story is cliche'd meh fest.

Music is fantastic, as always (except for Deus EQ).

Kintama
Apr 26, 2017, 11:33 AM
Arrest Kimura.

Altiea
Apr 26, 2017, 12:15 PM
So... Am I the only one here who doesn't really hate anything about EP4? Cause it feels like literally everyone else is salty to some degree.

Cyber Meteor
Apr 26, 2017, 12:34 PM
So... Am I the only one here who doesn't really hate anything about EP4? Cause it feels like literally everyone else is salty to some degree.

I would say you're not the only one xD I don't really hate anything about EP4, SU class just didn't attract me (on some point it does, like the candy box and upgrading rarity but the way it's played during battle didn't) but most of the content was enjoyable, the only real disappointement was how easy Yamato was when it came out, not like 1st version of PD wasn't easy, but to see it happen twice in a row made me think : oh? so now they don't want us to fail EQs? ok, but that was it, the fact Deus ESCA was easy didn't surprised me that much nor that it got nerfed because XH blocks didn't succeed, i got what SEGA was about with this EP4 long ago and until now they mostly delivered what i thought they would; except the solo PD and the rematch for Deus and next boosted raid boss which are good surprises to me. As much as i want some effort/reward ratio contents, my guess is that we're gonna have some only in the last difficulty they will implement, maybe by then they'll get how to balance the playerbase more properly than non-expert/expert blocks. Those expert blocks didn't bring that much imo, especially since no content matching the requirement for those blocks came out, so it gave just more reasons for bitching players to complain even more because the new content afterward was mostly still meant for non-expert players.

PS: I mostly care about aesthetics in PSO2 but more in terms of levels and weapons looks , well ofc some fashion but i settled to what you see in my signature months ago, and i'm not planning to change for a long time either (except recoloring the cast, i recently did it few days ago so the colors in the sig aren't the same than my current colors but kept the Cobres CV parts xD). Anyway, as for equipement, i actually care to max out weapons (max grinded and element) and affix units (at least with decent affixes not the 150 atk or Elelegant stuffs xD)

loafhero
Apr 26, 2017, 12:56 PM
The Tokyo and Vegas maps aren't any fun to traverse in.

Tokyo is just one boring run across a non-vertical path and the dash panels lose their charm whenever I'm forced to stop to fight mobs, spawned at an annoying distance from each other no less, as the massive difference between regular run speed and dash panel speed messes up the momentum.

Vegas brought back verticality but you''ll mostly have to find a Rideroid spawn point to get on top of anything. Also, fuck the UFOs.

The dash panels and Rideroids are more limiting instead of a movement upgrade. What they should've done is make it so that our characters could immediately run fast or fly (maybe something like Quna's wings for her upcoming new concert) at any moment instead of needing to find a specific spot to run fast or fly.

The story was turd but thank goodness it ended within the Episode itself. Couldn't bare to have any more Earth and highschool bullshit be expanded on any further. I found some good moments from it but all the good moments from the Story always happens to involve any of the non-Earth characters. The final half was just the nail in the coffin. Aesthetically, we go from a blue-white color palette for most of the story to a sudden ugly gold-brown color palette. Story-wise, we go from fighting a conspiracy controlling Earth to fighting god for some reason, killed in the very chapter it was introduced. Countless times has the story been criticized for being inconsistent with PSO2 but the finale outdid itself by being inconsistent with goddamn EP4 itself.

Morgan Fumi
Apr 26, 2017, 01:08 PM
Good gameplay changes, terrible awful story.

Theres a million other places for high school bullshit, can't we go back to space?

echofaith
Apr 26, 2017, 02:02 PM
I liked Summoner and gameplay changes like the 3 button pallete. The limitation on expert blocks by clearing a quest was good, but the grinding part felt badly implemented(a 35 isnt that much better than a 32, and ignoring old +40 weapons was just an annoyance for old players). Aside from the music, I didnt enjoy any EQ released. Ultimate Amducias was just a glorified seasonal EQ without a chance of Empe Rappy and Izane. Coupled with the fact that the whole episode was a CF fest(the offender being the time limit), playing felt more like chore than before.

Layer wear ended up becoming just a pain because of the ticket based system, and is not even that customizable. If Taiga was reading this, he would knows what I mean :/ SG in general was good, because it gave new functionalities for free, while also giving the option to pay for them. Rings were good, and while gathering had a cooldown, that was probably better than making each ring ask for 20+ items per level. At least you could do gathering in like 5 minutes per character and finish your ring in around a week.

Overall, they had good ideas, but I feel the majority were badly executed :|

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 26, 2017, 02:46 PM
For what it's worth I actually didn't mine Ep4 story. I preferred Ep4 story over Ep3..... Sukanahime (was that her name? lol) wasn't as relevant as I hoped and the only interesting part to me was toward the end when the plot for PD started to come to the frontline.....

Zorak000
Apr 26, 2017, 03:37 PM
EP4 was full of good stuff that was mishandled in varying degrees of horribleness.
yeah it all feels like they slapped everything in with duct-tape and paperclips, which has been SEGA's MO since even the earlier games.

3 button mode is nice but I've ran into Too Many Button syndrome personally; I could make the initial transition but now that I could map Weapon Action to it's own button I.. have kinda ran out of keys I could easily reach to do that... left index/middle/ring gotta stick to WASD otherwise I would have to lose the ability to S.Roll in a desired direction, caps lock, left control, and left alt are unbindable, left shift is still weapon pallet shift, and I can't see my thumb doing anything besides spacebar. on the mouse I would need to sacrifice my push to talk button and that isn't happening, even if I am not on a voice chat all too often right now. I've figured out how to do it on controller but I still have a really weird thing where pickup/interact has to be mapped to the lock-on button while in shooter aim mode because there just aren't enough buttons to have weapon action bound to it's own thing and still keep everything else

rings are kinda neat in that they are effectively toggleable/swappable skills; and gathering is kind of a dumb bad way to go about getting them. chalk that one up to the player survey I guess, though sega should figure out that just because people want something doesn't mean it is going to add something meaningful to the experience they were trying to craft.

the revival of the aura and revolutio files are a step in the right direction; I just wish the revolutio files didnt require +10 risk SHAQs and a roll of the dice to progress.

I never actually cared to +35 a weapon until they announced SAFs and the expert block/level cap requirements, the returns for those last 3 grinds seemed too low for the effort once I already maxed the element. I still feel this way for the most part though, it's just that I've been able to actually +35 more weapons ever since the Gix files and then the buff that lets 13* NTs drop with +31-34 already unlocked, as well as the ability to properly merge those max grinds. grinding 12*s with +4/+5 10* weapons is probably best outside of emperrappies, though it does eat through the meseta a bit.

agree
agree

yeah I only ever just saw those kinds of Limited Quests as mindless murdertrains to hang out with your friends to do

agreed
agreed

yeah a lot of these textures are still low-quality garbage; "lets get a closeup of the moon being blown up" "what do you mean the texture has to be bigger than just 64x64 or else it will look bad just ship it"

the areas were ok but I'll agree they could have looked a little better if they didnt cut so many corners

super agreed

neutral

ultimate amduscia got repetitive because they didnt give us any incentive to do anything else between EQs, that quest could have been a technological marvel of level design and it still would have gotten repetitive after hour 5-20 depending on the person

story was consistently more entertaining than episode 3 I'll give it that much; ep3 just had all the interesting stuff backloaded to the end, ep4 only had the garbage between when we first jump out of the PC and when we fly in with the campship to save her from hagito

mostly agreed, I like the music for Deus but the part during the mobbing and dash panel sections just doesn't really fit the situation too well

starwind75043
Apr 26, 2017, 03:59 PM
I think the best way to sum up ep 4 is, a lot of great ideas but poor execution of those ideas.

loafhero
Apr 26, 2017, 10:07 PM
I forgot to mention anything I liked about EP4. Well, to put it simply, when I'm not mentioning at all about the other EP4 stuff, that means I liked them enough to not complain about it too much.

I think the main problem with EP3's Harkotan arc was that it was a story arc that really needed more focus on and to be expanded upon more as the planet itself isn't as primitive or as savage as the previous planets. The previous planets could sort of afford to be less expanded on because it had its primitive nature as an excuse. Harkotan has a goddamn city and kingdom which should have called for more depth. That said, I still prefer EP3's story over EP4 because EP3 had more likeable characters and a much more competent villain. Said villain (Double) was no Luther but they were at least worth taking seriously than any of the EP4 villains.

Meteor Weapon
Apr 26, 2017, 10:37 PM
Storywise, we see Double as threatening due their ability to create clones of almost everything they eat and even manifest a copy of a goddamn Dark Falz with ease. Hell they can even blew up planets for lulz if they they wanted. Double is the most dangerous Falz compared to other Falzes due to their childishness that makes up their pure evilness. Phul and Olc being a duo doesn't even compare to their level of threat, a damn Alongahda/Wolgahda is a better threat than her so proudly Laplace Demon. Heck we all hated Double's Dark Falz form for their massive annoyance lol. Not the greatest boss, but still gets its job done by being an absolute annoyance and most hated. Never have I face a boss so annoying I wanted it dead ASAP.

silo1991
Apr 26, 2017, 11:02 PM
like i said before EP4 had nice gameplay updates but really sloth art direction , i didn't like the earth ambientation, the story is a complete bullshit which i cant see any rescuable point , the aesthetic of the phantoms ( specially you yamato) are really sloth , they dont give me the creative vibe like the other enemies families , the character are really annoying and the villains you can't take them serious , the music at of tokyo and las vegas fields (least the lyrical version) it becomes annoying eventually , sega should know that play the same song over and over again is a torture method :P ( thats why i dont play riding quest anymore)

and you know this was a bad season when the 3 raid bosses didn't cause me any sort of hype. talking about them my score are :
yamato : good and fun boss for newbies but the slothness of the aesthetics of yamato IS TO DAMM HIGH

falz mother: because of the music i had expectations with this boss but disappoint me really badly , i don't have trouble with the ridedroid section ( remind me starfox) but her second phase is really tedious and sloth in terms of gameplay ( specially if the team don't deal damage fast enough)

deus esca: where should i start besides the fact that the boss came out of nowhere ( just why ep 4 didnt end with mother and get out of earth ) the desing of the angels are acceptable but the variety is really short just 3 minions really ? they couldn't add archers or valkyries or even angels of death ( just armed with scythes) . the boss it self is really cinematic but what i consider a big mistake was give us 4 minutes for the last phase not 5 , FOUR ( i dont know if with last patch that change ) , and also if a portion of the team are hunters its gg they don't have good mobility ( i was part of the portion :P )

just for conclude the whole concept of the angels could work as a whole new alien race which they been fighting the darkers for generations and also they know how to use the ether and the phantoms as minions but they are like the protoss from starcraft , they burn/ destroy any world that has been tainted with the darkers main reason why the arks have to fight them .

also forgot to mention this , but you know the pahntoms were a lost cause when sega needed to recycle the darkers ; ESCA DARKERS this enemies most of them are just reskins , there is no diference of how to kill them or what you should watchout

loafhero
Apr 27, 2017, 01:19 AM
Kinda agree about the lack of variety in the Angel Phantoms. My guess is that the devs thought that there's no need to give more variety with the angels since their already classified as Phantoms and they've already designed a lot of Phantoms to begin with (even though the other half are just reskinned Darkers with new abilities).

One thing I do like about Phantoms is the sound effect of their weakpoints getting hit. Its just so oddly satisfying, more so than the balloon-like sound effects of a Darker weakpoint getting hit. Even the sound effect the Phantoms make as they teleport in sounds more satisfying than the teleport sound effects of Darkers.

blkbox11
Apr 27, 2017, 01:34 AM
I enjoyed it, and I can say this proudly. Story, characters and everything included. Wasn't such a big fan of EP 1 to 3, and parts of 4 could have been done better to avoid said parts being rehashes of previous Episodes, but it still left me with a much better feeling overall.

The only bad things for me personally were the introduction of SG and its exclusive scratch as well as Deus nerf.

Golgotha
Apr 27, 2017, 06:09 AM
Knowing the reason this episode was made this way, it makes sense.
All the "bad" things like intentionally surreal setting and anime tie in, "offtopic" story with less than threatening villains, stalled progression, all was mostly caused by rebooting the game for new players, which made game virtually empty for players that were around for more than a year.
Outside from that direction, the game got plenty of nice things like graphical update, NT system and Cfiles, Layering wear, stargems that enabled quest trigger circulation and more free costumes that otherwise would be likely in exclusive scratches.

Ultimate amduscia felt rushed, and the map is too static to enjoy it for long. At least the bosses were reused in many other places. But I really miss the monster blender situations from ult nab and lilipa, where boss or two could spawn in a narrow section filled with smaller enemies.
OT continued to become more and more obsoleted, with 13s increasing power gap even further, but at the same time Cfile hunting for enemies and drops reinvigorated many quest modes that almost lost their purpose in current progression otherwise.
Leagues helped directing people to play same quest once in a while as well, even though I doubt it will work again with so many SG sources around.
Most Earth enemies feel like having the same "dps spike" design, where you only can efficiently hit the target for a few seconds, but I hope its really just a local theme, and not a sole attempt to mitigate humongous MPA damage input.
Rings felt like they "stole the light" from class skills and crafting (which is almost abandoned, in favor of crudely done gathering), but at the same time 12s units add quite a bit of depth to customization, and managing offclass R rings is nice.
Battle arena feels much more pleasant than Cmode, mostly due to short session format and potential to be updated more often than once a year.

All in all there was a lot more of stuff for core players in second half of ep4, and more to come, so I think the game was done just fine. Now all it takes is the next episode to keep the current pace. If it is going to take another flip, making most of recently added stuff obsolete, then we might lose momentum again.

mickbis
Apr 27, 2017, 11:38 AM
how could I forgot to mention the battle arena that one of the very good thing that I like about EP4
It actually required a good team play and understanding of every weapon available
at first people're afraid because it "PVP" but I found it enjoyable maybe better than some game with PVP as a main selling point
now all they need to do is introduce more variety into the arena, more map with interesting gimmick or different pa

and just like Golgotha said I realize that EP4 is suppose to be the introduction of 2nd half from the start so I didn't expected many thing heavy or more arks related to happen yet with all those Earth plot
and it actually work well IMO regard the stuff that directly related to ARKS universe
the foreshadowing of Mother from the EP2-EP3
Sup-space travelling and PSP2 collab
The increasing power of Profound Darkness plot in the background ( Try to create more Falz )

anything Earth related tho is just a side story... unless Ether-powered Earth character will involved more with ARKS from now on and actually contribute in solving the Profound Darkness endless loop aside from us baby sitting them

IchijinKali
Apr 27, 2017, 01:19 PM
Lets see if I can do more than just complain about the story.

Skill Rings & Gathering
[SPOILER-BOX]The introduction of skill rings was a nice idea. But it became pretty clear early on that a good chunk were just objectively bad in every sense of the word and making some class combos have no real choices on their rings. Katana Braver comes to mind on that with its first two rings being able to activate gear without needing to counter but it drains so fast you probably shouldn't have bothered. The other removing the homing feature of KC which tmk is something people quite enjoy having.

But the main drawback of skill rings was farming for the items needed to grind your rings. Which thankfully, for some people, they can now just purchase the parts from others instead of relying on RNG for some gem. Personally I liked gathering reminded me of the Monster Hunter series but the whole only 100 stamina ruins the fun. SEGA let us spend SG to increase the max instead of just using SG to end the time, rather spend SG on a permanent boost than a temp.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Fashion
[SPOILER-BOX]The 'Fashion Editing' feature is something I take advantage of quite often, when I'm not farming for SG. I just wish it would change facial related things like eye color, makeup, and eye styles. Could do without having 30 saved outfits 10 was plenty enough if we could get the face changes.

Fashion Catalog I haven't used at all but I really have no interest in looking at thousands of people's 'cute' lolis, that is what forums are for.[/SPOILER-BOX]

CFs and Boss EQs
[SPOILER-BOX]Collection files both a boon and bane to me. Guaranteed 13* is nice but sheer farming required to get the weapon is quite annoying when they don't all center on just the EQ, like what Astra did.

Raid bosses pft the faster they can be completed the faster I can see nothing good dropped so if they are nerfed you won't hear me complaining about it.
[/SPOILER-BOX]
Story
[SPOILER-BOX]
Jesus christ we got Star Ocean 3'd
That was the high point in the story for me when it reminded someone of Star Ocean 3, and subsequently me as well.

Then the school setting with us watching a typical high school anime protagonist and how her life is going since she was infected with Darker Photons which then created life thanks to a mixture of BS, Photons, and Ether. My only hope is that we never see Earth again and leave them to fix their own Moon. I don't want to see any of those characters introduced in Episode 4 ever again, even Xierra(stupid HIGH CAST complaining about her damn chest size)[/SPOILER-BOX]

Anime
[SPOILER-BOX]The anime I can't complain about because I've only watched one episode which the last one because someone said it was like Mobile Fighter G Gundam's ending, and I LOVE G GUNDAM. Was told Itsuki was just another Kazuto thats badass at everything, has no personalty, and has main character immunity which I saw all three traits in that last episode. Isn't that right Itsuki how are those Apprentice blast wounds that were strong enough to one-shot AISs but MULTIPLE shots wasn't enough to put your lame butt down.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Lets see what else CF, story, anime, rings, gathering, oh
Ultimate Quest Amuduscia
[SPOILER-BOX]Talk about some fun when it showed up and had people doing them regularly. Granted it got boring after awhile but doesn't change the fact they were great fun and challenging.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Anything else . . . right that
PvP
[SPOILER-BOX]Had no desire to see it introduced because an actual Action RPG can't really work in a PvP environment. Psuedo-turn based RPGs yeah it can work there. I've done enough to get about to upper B rank before getting sick of it, or because I got all the items those lame BCs could get me whichever I don't care. I've never liked playing anything regarding fighting other players its fun when you are winning, obvs, and frustrating when you are losing, no shit sherlock. Creating your own group has no purpose as there is nothing to gain and it isn't like you get to use your own gear.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Lumpen Thingy
Apr 27, 2017, 05:55 PM

EP2 will always be the EP I hate the most. Even the shitty story in EP4 isn't as annoying to me as all the bullshit that went down with EP2 like making race stats worthless or making braver the shunka only class

Ryuhou
Apr 28, 2017, 02:02 AM
Best and worst episode.
This ep saw major changes and some were amazing others were really bad. Most of the bad things were crucial details Sega screwed up in new content and of course, permaban from abandoning eqs and BA.

reinforcers
Apr 28, 2017, 02:38 AM
good story, nice additional class, summoner is really game changing to the game, different style of playing, hope more class coming like this. the anime .... I guess sega just want to make more fame for gunslash weapon

loafhero
Apr 29, 2017, 04:39 AM
the anime .... I guess sega just want to make more fame for gunslash weapon

My impression is that its because the weapon just suited the protagonist (Itsuki) that uses one. Itsuki was depicted as a boy who can do everything competently but never excel in them either. The Gunslash is like that but the symbolism is made pointless when he could block with it, started using Sword PAs and Kazan Nadeshiko (I don't care that Aika called it "Over End" when it obviously functioned like Kazan Nadeshiko).

lostinseganet
Apr 29, 2017, 11:47 AM
You're better off hoping for PSU2 or PSO3 at this point then a western PSO2 release.Yea PSO3 with PSVR! Sega should jump in since their is little competition in the action rpg setting in PSVR yet.

Moffen
Apr 29, 2017, 11:55 AM
My impression is that its because the weapon just suited the protagonist (Itsuki) that uses one. Itsuki was depicted as a boy who can do everything competently but never excel in them either. The Gunslash is like that but the symbolism is made pointless when he could block with it, started using Sword PAs and Kazan Nadeshiko (I don't care that Aika called it "Over End" when it obviously functioned like Kazan Nadeshiko).

I'm still waiting on that GS L/SwitchParry.
The day it exists is the day I forgive Ep4

Tymek
Apr 29, 2017, 01:05 PM

Elaborate!

Cyber Meteor
Apr 29, 2017, 01:16 PM

What if it happens on EP5 release (wether it is ring or a skill of the new class)? Ep4 will still be forgiven or stay unforgiven for you? xD

Moffen
Apr 29, 2017, 01:26 PM
What if it happens on EP5 release (wether it is ring or a skill of the new class)? Ep4 will still be forgiven or stay unforgiven for you? xD

I'll still forgive it bc the anime came out in ep4 which bolstered the GS popularity (Then it died)

Elaborate!

A dream.
A guard frame during weapon mode switch.
All I want ;_;

TheAstarion
Apr 29, 2017, 06:51 PM
Datamining probably got us down. A new class with pets when the last two had been hybrids, while we lacked the third; and a new planet with phantom T-Rex and a phantom train boss sounded so much more awesome than we actually got.

I'd have probably been happier with episode 4 if we didn't have episodes 2 & 3 already.

FantasyHeaven
Apr 30, 2017, 11:48 AM
EP2 will always be the EP I hate the most. Even the shitty story in EP4 isn't as annoying to me as all the bullshit that went down with EP2 like making race stats worthless or making braver the shunka only class
How is braver being guren only any better? At least shunka was satisfying to use due to being hilariously overpowered. Guren is just better than everything else but still feels flimsy and does bad damage.

As for me, I started playing less and less and now have quit completely. Considering removing the game entirely because it's an unoptimized waste of space but I'm still waiting on ep5 reveals I guess.

Z-0
Apr 30, 2017, 12:01 PM
My main issue with Episode 4 is that it's just changed the game into some sort of MMO-mobage hybrid consisting entirely of chores and not much solid gameplay (though, I guess you could argue it was Episode 3 that really started this trend).

I feel you don't really play PSO2 anymore, just follow the directions given to you through new concepts like Collect Files and the plethora of limited-time / run-limited / scheduled-only Emergency Quests.

Episode 4 would have been good if there was actually content to properly play, but Episode 4 offered none of that. Ultimate Amduscia was a step in the right direction, but Collect Files killed it, along with just being completely forgotten about.

I don't have the game on my computer anymore because it's just simply not fun to pursue your goals, I got tired of doing the same shitty chores over and over again, which couldn't even be done at my own leisure. Will Episode 5 fix this? Maybe, but also probably not.

While many necessary QoL changes ended up coming (Front S-Roll, some ring skills, people have mentioned this) which made the game better to play, the overall design is extremely wonky and unfun.

Episode 2 was definitely the best episode. While it had some shocking balance issues, there was stuff to actually do.

jooozek
Apr 30, 2017, 12:19 PM
ep4 = hope your free time alligns with scheduled eqs and schedule your free time around scheduled eqs
fuck that shit

loafhero
Apr 30, 2017, 09:58 PM
Yea PSO3 with PSVR! Sega should jump in since their is little competition in the action rpg setting in PSVR yet.

I'm just hoping for a Nintendo Switch availability while discontinuing making any versions for the PSVita or any other possible Sony handhelds.

Outcaster
May 1, 2017, 11:07 AM
All the game play Elements: SU, Rings, UQ, CF, PVP were all good editions IMO

The story was very underwhelming and felt Like a shounen adventure with Hitsugi and friends with new BFF/husbando or waifu/ Player-chan/kun tagging along

All that really came out of it are my new waifu Xiera and Hitsugi.
fuck that psycho bitch Kohri

Neith
May 1, 2017, 12:07 PM
Episode 4 has great music (mainly Realize and Borderless). There's a few things it improved and the layered wear system is interesting but costs players a fortune buying all the bits. Collection files are always really repetitive and dull. PvP is alright and rings are a good addition.

The story was terrible and only partially redeemed by having no Matter Board (Story Board is much better), and the anime was boring as hell. Having said that, the story has never been a strong point of this game, Ep4 just made it more apparent. I preferred the minimalist (read: almost non-existant) story in PSO.

It also added Summoner which I can't stand. It made every boss start dropping eggs which is annoying for non-SU players, Maron is ridiculous and Pietro is worst NPC and most certainly not 'mai furendo'.

Ep4 also made it even more clear that the real game is Emergency Quests, so god help anyone who can't be idling in the blocks for hours beforehand.

Waifu simulator game is strong. :wacko:

Roll on Episode 5, surely the only way is up :lol:

Shirai
May 2, 2017, 10:26 PM
This has most likely been said.

no more loli npc plz
NO MORE ANIMU NONSENSE

Ryuhou
May 3, 2017, 03:31 AM
How is braver being guren only any better? At least shunka was satisfying to use due to being hilariously overpowered. Guren is just better than everything else but still feels flimsy and does bad damage.

As for me, I started playing less and less and now have quit completely. Considering removing the game entirely because it's an unoptimized waste of space but I'm still waiting on ep5 reveals I guess.
Guren is far better than Shunka. It's really not the same.
Shunka is slow and clunky and made everything else obsolete.
Guren is fast and an amazing gap closer, far more appropriate for a speed based Kenshin like class.
And mainly, it is not actually OP like Shunka and while most of the time it's the best choice, several other options are close behind (Sakura T0 even has higher dps) so while Guren is used most of the time, it is hardly used 99% of the time like Shunka.

IchijinKali
May 3, 2017, 08:31 AM
I want some more involvement with our Support Partner I mean besides one story mission they have been given no purpose other than to do CERTAIN collect quests. Even those are becoming more limited considering they can't go do quests involving gathering materials such as red meat and the like.

Let us have them during story missions they don't need to talk or anything I just want something more out of them besides 'here go farm for these items'.
[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/vEf5o/c26f9555e6.png][/SPOILER-BOX]

Moffen
May 3, 2017, 10:00 AM
I want some more involvement with our Support Partner I mean besides one story mission they have been given no purpose other than to do CERTAIN collect quests. Even those are becoming more limited considering they can't go do quests involving gathering materials such as red meat and the like.

Let us have them during story missions they don't need to talk or anything I just want something more out of them besides 'here go farm for these items'.
[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/vEf5o/c26f9555e6.png][/SPOILER-BOX]

Honestly people would probably use them way more often if they werent absolutely tiny.

Meteor Weapon
May 14, 2017, 11:12 PM
https://puu.sh/vKa9Q/e2a189950a.png
https://puu.sh/vKact/7b142c80c2.png

https://media.giphy.com/media/LRVnPYqM8DLag/giphy.gif

That feel when you realized he is spying on us quietly from somewhere.

Selphea
May 14, 2017, 11:13 PM
TFW he hugged an Annette daki but actually wanted Eucrita

loafhero
May 15, 2017, 03:31 AM
That explains Quartz Dragon.

Zephyrion
May 15, 2017, 03:56 AM
Wow, I always thought the dragons in PSO2 had such awesome designs. If Panzer dragon's saga's daddy is behind this, that's understandable

Cyber Meteor
May 15, 2017, 07:19 AM
Oh Sakai was the one designing the dragons for Panzer Dragoon Saga? Awesome!! :D

Masu
May 15, 2017, 02:08 PM
This explain that...I suppose. Also the swarming small dragons have "voices" super similar to Panzers ones. Sanctum have some design touch from Panzer Dragoon Saga/Azel too. Final touch/reminder is Ledran with the homing lazor PA.
Now for the wtf, I thought it was Moebius/Jean Giraud who was behind 1st Panzer design............................................ .................................................. .......