PDA

View Full Version : Buff to ranger: Add JG L ring when charging PAīs

MightyHarken
May 3, 2017, 02:10 PM
Forces have it and they donīt even need to stand in one place. We need to riot.

isCasted
May 3, 2017, 02:27 PM
I'd rather remove it from Force (and, possibly, Hunter too) than give it to anything else. Automated parries are an easily abusable mess of a mechanic.

GHNeko
May 3, 2017, 03:57 PM
I'd rather remove it from Force (and, possibly, Hunter too) than give it to anything else. Automated parries are an easily abusable mess of a mechanic.

the parries are only for 1 hit, so they dont cut it in cluster fucks/multi hit attacks where this type of mechanic matters the most. on top of that all the normal parries are significantly more abusable then tech charge parry and hunter charge parry.

also the game has become a giant cluster fuck of hitboxes so i dont really think that removing such things will be healthy for the game. lol

MightyHarken
May 3, 2017, 04:27 PM
And for anyone who comes here saying "Ra has wb" give me a break, every boss nowadays has wb jam and it becomes just as powerful as shifta, but a lot less efficient.

reaper527
May 3, 2017, 04:31 PM
every boss nowadays has wb jam and it becomes just as powerful as shifta, but a lot less inefficient.

so it's more efficient?

MightyHarken
May 3, 2017, 05:56 PM
so it's more efficient?

my bad, lol

doomdragon83
May 3, 2017, 06:48 PM
Rather than a ring, just make it an actual (1sp) skill.

Valimer
May 3, 2017, 11:48 PM
Rather than a ring, just make it an actual (1sp) skill.

I feel like this would be fine because at this point were running out of useful things to put points in for the Ranger tree.

Kinda depressing to theorycraft balancing PSO2 since I don't think SEGA will ever get it right. I mean... traps. Traps don't even work on Ultimate, the only place where they would be remotely useful. And spending 10 points on extending roll invulnerability frames? It's like they got a 5th grader to make the skill trees.

Ryuhou
May 4, 2017, 04:32 AM
Not JG, rifle needs to get away from the high risk high reward pas that mostly rely on enemy ai RNG and revamp them to be much more reliable and just don't do such massive damage.

Overall damage ought to rise due to far higher upkeep. And failing a lot of pas cause enemies and bosses move at the wrong time, interrupt you or projectile speed is pathetically slow is just incredibly frustrating.

I think launcher has the problem even more but I haven't used it since ep2 or 3 or so.

GHNeko
May 4, 2017, 05:28 AM
Not JG, rifle needs to get away from the high risk high reward pas that mostly rely on enemy ai RNG and revamp them to be much more reliable and just don't do such massive damage.

http://puu.sh/vFdkz/9c745c480d.png

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????

Selphea
May 4, 2017, 07:21 AM
Didn't they already do that though, just that they call it "Maron Strike" :wacko:

TehCubey
May 4, 2017, 09:05 AM
And for anyone who comes here saying "Ra has wb" give me a break, every boss nowadays has wb jam and it becomes just as powerful as shifta, but a lot less efficient.

I didn't know shifta boosted my damage output by 50%.

Let's face it, RA is a support class - one of the only two in the game, the other being TE. The difference is that you can do damage yourself instead of having to rely on Zanverse.

Also use crafted parallel slider like, all the time. Second best DPS after fully charged sat cannon, but far more practical.

Moffen
May 4, 2017, 11:00 AM

Overall damage ought to rise due to far higher upkeep. And failing a lot of pas cause enemies and bosses move at the wrong time, interrupt you or projectile speed is pathetically slow is just incredibly frustrating.

I think launcher has the problem even more but I haven't used it since ep2 or 3 or so.

>but I haven't used it since ep2 or 3 or so.
Then you have ZERO idea what you're talking about.

Zulastar
May 4, 2017, 11:04 AM
Let's face it, RA is a support class - one of the only two in the game, the other being TE. The difference is that you can do damage yourself instead of having to rely on Zanverse.

Also use crafted parallel slider like, all the time. Second best DPS after fully charged sat cannon, but far more practical.

TeSu with 5 Marons: 35-50 additional pp from skills and candys + additional pp regen from pet auto attacks + 400k with 1 strike stable while your hands are free for support techs...

As for Ra I just wish for a ring that makes Bullet Keep usable with other types of weapons T_T

Calsetes
May 4, 2017, 11:54 AM
TeSu with 5 Marons: 35-50 additional pp from skills and candys + additional pp regen from pet auto attacks + 400k with 1 strike stable while your hands are free for support techs...

As for Ra I just wish for a ring that makes Bullet Keep usable with other types of weapons T_T

Idea:

Give Assault Rifles a "weapon action" like the Gunslash / hunter weapons / etc. That is a single shot, as opposed to the three-round burst it normally fires. Why have this, you ask? Weak Bullet goes on that. Suddenly, you can shoot like normal, keep your Weak Bullet in your rifle for when you need it, and still have access to your other stuff.

Unless this makes it too strong. Looking at it again, it's probably too strong. You know what, ignore what I typed:

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/venture-bros-ignore-me.gif?w=650&h=488

doomdragon83
May 4, 2017, 12:44 PM
Idea:
So if I got this right, an alternate fire mode, single fire kinda like gunslash gun mode, probably faster and/or stronger since it's a rifle and will use up special ammo like WB unlike the burst fire mode we currently have for rilfes. Sound nice and all but it's too complicated for the likes of Sega so it's ultimately denied.

Zulastar
May 4, 2017, 01:08 PM
Unless this makes it too strong. Looking at it again, it's probably too strong.

I dunno about Vol Gapor ( 'cause I dunno how it works) and Banish arrow ( 'cause I hate bows) but OP chart for me is:
1 Chain Trigger
2 Maron Strike
3 Katana Combat
4 Limit Break
5 Weak Bullet
WB have just to much cons when compared to others...

But this is offtop already, we're never gonna get someting like this anyway. And about topic theme it's about defence not dps.

Altiea
May 4, 2017, 01:29 PM
I said it several times and I say it again: Reflect Aegis from Nova (which actually breaks Rifle).

Give Assault Rifles a "weapon action" like the Gunslash / hunter weapons / etc. That is a single shot, as opposed to the three-round burst it normally fires.

Nova already toyed with the idea of having customizable Rifle normal attacks. You can change your normal attack to Single Shot (fires one, moderately high-damage bullet), Semi-Auto (regular attack), or Full Auto (One Point as a normal attack, but a lot weaker).

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 4, 2017, 03:07 PM
I dunno about Vol Gapor ( 'cause I dunno how it works) and Banish arrow ( 'cause I hate bows) but OP chart for me is:
1 Chain Trigger
2 Maron Strike
3 Katana Combat
4 Limit Break
5 Weak Bullet
WB have just to much cons when compared to others...

But this is offtop already, we're never gonna get someting like this anyway. And about topic theme it's about defence not dps.

The fact that KC is there, and compound techs aren't makes me laugh.

Also, if you put WB (assuming jamming) on that chart, zanverse, and shifta strike belongs there too.

Vol graptor is a copy of banish arrow.

GHNeko
May 4, 2017, 06:40 PM
The fact that KC is there, and compound techs aren't makes me laugh.

Also, if you put WB (assuming jamming) on that chart, zanverse, and shifta strike belongs there too.

Vol graptor is a copy of banish arrow.

not only is KC up there but it's above LB

holy shit what

Saagonsa
May 4, 2017, 06:52 PM
To be honest you could probably make the argument that KC is more op than limit break in a vacuum. 15% damage increase with 20 seconds of invincibility and a big nuke at the end would be insane if braver stances weren't as weak as they are.

GHNeko
May 4, 2017, 07:04 PM
To be honest you could probably make the argument that KC is more op than limit break in a vacuum. 15% damage increase with 20 seconds of invincibility and a big nuke at the end would be insane if braver stances weren't as weak as they are.

and because KC is attached to katana which is attached to br, that's why you cant look at it in a vacuum LUUL

Saagonsa
May 4, 2017, 07:11 PM
and because KC is attached to katana which is attached to br, that's why you cant look at it in a vacuum LUUL

Oh, yeah definitely. Just saying I could see why the skill KC alone could be considered OP, even if it isn't in practice

Selphea
May 4, 2017, 08:08 PM
Doesn't Massive Otome with as many Flash Guards as a lv80 Hu can buy make this a non issue though?

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 4, 2017, 09:23 PM
Oh, yeah definitely. Just saying I could see why the skill KC alone could be considered OP, even if it isn't in practice

Basically, it's not as powerful in practice as it sounds because katanas aren't exactly shredding bosses like Gus and Fis do regularly, and Fos are at least as good as Brs in the mobbing department when it comes to nuking an area.

Aside from 20 seconds of invincibility, KC feels overrated compared to how often a geared Fo can use their compounds, or a skilled Gu can CT (which already has a shorter cooldown than KC before we consider the Chain finish bonus skill), or a certain setup of Fi can take quite a bit of the risk out of limit break while lasting up to 3 times longer with a larger damage bonus.

Mattykins
May 4, 2017, 09:37 PM
lol

Ranger is probably as good as it ever has been since the last couple months of Ep1 back when Sega buffed Fury Stance and briefly made gunslash the best weapon in the game. Yeah, there's WB jamming, but rifles actually have DPS in the form of Sat. Cannon, End Attract, and Parallel Slider-0 that they're not just WB dispensers anymore. Also, Launcher - thanks to crafted Divine's power/mobility and the power from the Non-Weak ring, holds up these days.

If you don't like getting knocked around, get Massive Hunter, since it's not like RaBr is that good anymore anyway. My dps is exceptional in mpas as Ra and it's not like my gear is that amazing; like 110 r-atk in affixes per item on average.

Meteor Weapon
May 5, 2017, 01:00 AM
I said it several times and I say it again: Reflect Aegis from Nova (which actually breaks Rifle).

Nova already toyed with the idea of having customizable Rifle normal attacks. You can change your normal attack to Single Shot (fires one, moderately high-damage bullet), Semi-Auto (regular attack), or Full Auto (One Point as a normal attack, but a lot weaker).

Still wondering why they haven't even impelemented stuff from Nova, is balancing it a major issue for them to put in?

Altiea
May 5, 2017, 10:17 AM
Still wondering why they haven't even impelemented stuff from Nova, is balancing it a major issue for them to put in?

They probably want the Nova stuff to stay in Nova, despite a lot of the changes in that game being legitimately good ideas. I do applaud the PSO2 team for acknowledging that Nova actually exists with all the costumes they're bringing over (Sexy Style, Shampoo Style, Cycleon), but some of the gameplay stuff would be nice too.

Although Nova also replaced Double Saber's Kamaitachi with a Guard action, so...

NightfallG
May 5, 2017, 12:41 PM

Tri-Ace devved Nova iirc. Tri-Ace is also a better company than Sega.

Meteor Weapon
May 5, 2017, 12:52 PM
....wasn't SO5, made by Tri Ace a major flop in japan, then Tri Ace got purchased by a mobile company?

Cyber Meteor
May 5, 2017, 02:36 PM
....wasn't SO5, made by Tri Ace a major flop in japan, then Tri Ace got purchased by a mobile company?

Yeah indeed, though it was Tri-Ace it was a different team than the previous Star Ocean, there wasn't even the creator of the serie on SO5, so even if Tri-Ace has the reputation of being better than SEGA it doesn't prevent them to get it wrong sometimes, in their case only one was bad enough to be bought by a mobile company in order to survive. As for PSO2 there is some similarities, not the same team than PSO1 (probably PSU/PSPo2i too) but at least they kept a few "big minds" of PSO1 :p

Pyrei
May 6, 2017, 01:59 AM
when you consider every class except force and techer uses PAs for damage, this ring "Charge PA Parry" and the other skill/ring that we'd all want "PA charge PP revival" are both too good to be skills for the simple problem of which class gets these? (and if you say all class, then that means techer must also get force's charge PP revival which hasn't happened in 4 years, doubt we'll get it now). Now these could be rings of course but these could easily reshape the entire game.

if just talking about Charge PA parry, for all PAs, this makes several PAs much stronger than listed, as you'll be spamming those even more than before, not just as damage but as shielding too.

hunter: several hunter PAs have charge ability so I believe sega decided to give this as a skill to hunters to test how well this would be as a ring for force, it works fairly well.
fighter: not very many PAs have charge ability on fighter come to think of it, deadly circle 0 would be abused further tho... but aside from that deadly archer, tornado dance, slide upper 0, straight charge (normal), and meteor fist would be slightly better from this
ranger: while this class is the start of the convo, it actually gains little from charge Parrying, only end attract, sat cannon (does this even count as charged? idr), and divine launcher 0, and aiming shot for gunslash
gunner: thanks to gunner's "TMG Arts S-charge" gunner can't really even use PA charge parry, as this skill removes the charge from the few charged PAs gunner has.
braver: this class would be the trouble maker of the bunch, several PAs on both katana and bow are considered as charge PAs, so giving this class PA charge parry would likely make braver a lot stronger (shame tho would be nice :v)
bouncer: the only thing here is strike gust and vinto gigue???... (can we get more bouncer PAs... please)
summoner: summoner has a few PAs that charge, aero/torim spiral, popple splode, redran burst, the real question is which gets the parry? pet or master?

GHNeko
May 6, 2017, 02:21 AM
gunner: thanks to gunner's "TMG Arts S-charge" gunner can't really even use PA charge parry, as this skill removes the charge from the few charged PAs gunner has.

tmg s charge doesnt remove charge from PAs
you can still charge them.

what the skill does is that it lets you use the charged version of a pa instantly. not kill the charge.

Veriti
May 10, 2017, 12:38 AM
I think a good buff for Ranger would be to split Weak Bullet into two 5 point talents. The first would be the current WB, but make it only as strong as the jammed version since that's pretty much how it works in all relevant content. The new 5 point talent connected to that would be something like Ranger does 5% or 10% more damage per skill point to a WB'd target, main class only.