PDA

View Full Version : Just For Fun: Dream Up A New PA/Tech

Altiea
May 16, 2017, 08:42 PM
So EP4 didn't actually give us any new Arts or Techs that weren't related to Pets. They gave us lots of Type-0s instead, which was pretty nice for repurposing old Arts and Techs that no one ever uses. However, some are hoping for EP5 to bring back new waves of moves, especially for stuff that needs it (*coughBootscough*).

Invent a new Photon Art or Technique!

(And for anyone who says "Over End for Partizans", it's already been done. Phantasy Star Nova did it first, it's called Over Slicer, and no, it's never coming to PSO2, because SEGA seems adamant about keeping non-costume Nova stuff out of PSO2.)

Asellus
May 16, 2017, 08:56 PM
New compound techs are in order. Light/Dark and Fire/Ice would be fun.

Evangelion X.XX
May 16, 2017, 09:21 PM
For Katana: give Br (From Samurai Shodown) Haohmaru's "Crecent Moon Uppercut Slash/KogetsuZan" (otherwise, generically known as as his DP Sword Uppercut Slash) which can be combo'ed into Gekka.

Edit:

For Twin Daggers: give a PA something akin to Nakoruru's (Samarai Showdown) "Annu Mutsube " (the fast-dashing low attack with her knife/short sword/dagger/whatever) that goes through enemies.

Assault Rifle: not really a PA (like what the OP wants, since it'll be too powerful), but an RA utility skill called "Freeze Bullet" (with cool down) that's akin to the AIS's freeze-thingy that can freeze enemies within a certain AoE (either this or make it a "Freeze Bomb" like Gravity Bomb and Stun Grenade).

Knuckles: replace RNG Meteor fist with a new PA similar to Terry's Power Wave or Goku's Kamehameha Wave.

Sword: Something like "Suprise Dunk" for Fighter, but leaps into a the air with a single flip, and then comes crashing down with its big sword for AoE, good damage, and stun on mobs.

Bouncer DB: a mid range "Photon-Blade-Energy-Slash" AoE for mobbing that consumes DB Gear.

Sirius-91
May 16, 2017, 09:21 PM
Just give me a Wired Lance PA that allows me to strangle enemies.

AirinMikune
May 16, 2017, 09:45 PM
I will do some buff related tech as we are lacking those. I was saving the idea for a new class that uses technique to endow their weapon with elemental properties.

Dis type technique focuses on enchanting your weapon with elemental effects, this last for 1 min.

Disfoie - Engulfs your weapon with flames, raising its attack by 5%, doubles chance of burning if you have the Burn affix, enemies who was last hitted by your normal attack will do a mini explosion on death (like a wand gear explosion)

Disbarta - Crystalizes your weapon causing a small chance to stun enemy per normal attack if melee, or movement speed slow if ranged.

Diszan - Increases attack speed by 25%, small chance of auto-casting Zan per swing if your sword.

Disgrantz - Adds a small chance of absorbing HP per attack, raises PP regeneration by +2 per hit.

Diszonde - Gives your attack a mini-chasing effect (like katana combat)

Dismegid - Drains 5% of your HP per swing and converts the stolen HP into percentage attack power (so if you have 1000 HP, will drain 50 HP and raises your normal attack by 50%)

cheapgunner
May 16, 2017, 11:05 PM
New Techs: All the techs Deus uses, from the plant techs to the balls of light and light based lightning.

Give us a Light-lightning combo like his giant ball Insta death tech.

And pull earth techs from PSU pls.

Poyonche
May 16, 2017, 11:53 PM
Gravity technics, Gravity technics !

nguuuquaaa
May 17, 2017, 01:20 AM
DS: Throw the DS on to an enemy, then teleport/jump to where it is and take it out while cleaving a large arc.

Sword: Give Bloody Sarabande/Speed Rain to sword. Also a PA where you jump high up in the air and strike down creating a giant tremor.

Sword: Something like "Suprise Dunk" for Fighter, but leaps into a the air with a single flip, and then comes crashing down with its big sword for AoE, good damage, and stun on mobs.

DB: Give Redran Burst to DB.

JB: Give Symphonic Drive to JB. Better, make it Phaleg's Rider Kick :wacko:

WL: Other Cyclone, but vertical/diagonal.

Knuckles: ROAD ROLLER DAAAAA!!!

GS: Star Gazer A PA that deal damage based on how many mode switch you did in the combo, kind of like Synchro Geki but with mode switch instead.

Altiea
May 17, 2017, 01:32 AM
Also a PA where you jump high up in the air and strike down creating a giant tremor.

So... This?

http://i.imgur.com/KDtKalw.gif

nguuuquaaa
May 17, 2017, 02:03 AM
So... This?

No need for damage when jumping up, but yeah it's basically that.

loafhero
May 17, 2017, 03:35 AM
So... This?

Wow, its like Rising Edge, Nova Strike and Twister Fall had an awesome three-way and one of them gave birth to this.

Moffen
May 17, 2017, 03:49 AM
GS PA which is basically Dragon Exs lance spike.
You jump,plunge GS into the floor,shoot,and a giant explosive pillar rises under the target with decent AoE but end attract tier ticks.

PrinceBrightstar
May 17, 2017, 07:41 AM
Combination PAs that require two or more players to pull off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI54FwiI6kQ

Just to be clear I'm looking to see multiple abilities when used in combination cause additional effects, of course abilities simply stack on top of each other right now. Some of those may not work, but I'd like to see it happen.

SmolNeko
May 17, 2017, 07:50 AM
Combination PAs that require two or more players to pull off.

I propose a Katana Braver only one where bravers hold it like they would a PB, it has them hold their sword kazan charge style then when a timer expires, all bravers participating get KC auto-proc and start to fly around spamming gurren until they all hit max KCF, before finally all ending with it at the same time. No matter what damage gets dealt the enemy targeted by the person who initiates will split in half and die while saying "N-no this cannot be!!". Will also display a DMC style combo rating based on how many guren ticks were connected.

Selphea
May 17, 2017, 08:39 AM
Gunslash - stab forward and empty a clip into the target.

Jet Boots - short series of 4 lightning kicks, press Shift to finish with a shot of Jet Boots exhaust, like Rage Dance.

Bullet Bow - charge and shoot out an arc-shaped spray like a wider Diffuse Shot

Wired Lance - spin the blades in front of you like a pair of yoyos.

Calsetes
May 17, 2017, 09:19 AM
Wired Lance: Execute

Wraps one of the lances around the target's neck before performing a sawing motion to attempt to sever their head. I'm thinking mainly of a move I saw used on some of the larger monsters in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

Spears: Double-Trip

Does that classic move you see in various martial arts films, where the protagonist grabs something like a broom handle when fighting multiple opponents and just trips the two guys on either side of him, first the one on the right, then the one on the left, by hooking their legs and sweeping before doing the same with the butt of the spear. Knocks down enemies. One target to front and back.

Assault Rifle: Photonic Blast

Move similar to the one you get in the mechs - a giant laser beam in front of you that lasts for the duration. Locks user in place. Similar duration to Flame Bullet for Launchers. Target can turn, but not move.

Launcher: Jump Shot

Launches target into the air by firing a blast directly below them. When used on the ground, launches you into the air one jump's height. When used in the air, fires a shell directly down onto the ground (or the target below the user) and launches you into the air the same height as a double-jump.

For all I know some of these might be in the game already. Don't think I have all the PAs for all the weapons.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 18, 2017, 12:14 AM

Just to be clear I'm looking to see multiple abilities when used in combination cause additional effects, of course abilities simply stack on top of each other right now. Some of those may not work, but I'd like to see it happen.

I have yet to beat falz on my emulator :/

I probably just suck.

loafhero
May 18, 2017, 01:41 AM

Oh, so like the Chrono Trigger games.

Crystal_Shard
May 18, 2017, 04:31 AM
Oh, so like the Chrono Trigger games.

It's the reverse, since Phantasy Star IV came before Chrono Trigger though.

I'd like to see a Fire/Light and Ice/Dark Compound Tech. Makes more sense from a elemental matching perspective.

For new PAs, I'd like to see a bossing PA for Wand someday. Maybe a Vinto-esque "Elemental Smash" that exhausts the Wand Gear meter in exchange for a massive burst of damage? With different elements having slightly different effects.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 18, 2017, 10:32 AM
I can't think of anything new for katana PAs without it being a possibly overused trope.

FireswordRus
May 18, 2017, 12:51 PM
All DS PA with super armor.

Great Pan
May 18, 2017, 07:09 PM
Throw Batarang: Instant win on bosses.

Tymek
May 19, 2017, 07:37 AM
Star Gazer

MightyHarken
May 19, 2017, 05:34 PM

So much this. You win the day sir. Imagine a bow braver combining his final nemesis with Satellite cannon. BOOM. Super charged horizontal laser canon.

Rifle: Basically a craft for grenade shell that imitates the missile barrage attack from the AIS.
Launcher: Concentrate one craft: Imitates parallel slider in the sense that you can keep moving around while assaulting with bombs.
Sword: Copy/imitate Arc of deliverance from DD. Charge for 15 seconds while having super armor, to unleash a close ranged attack with 10000% power that ignores S def from bosses and enemies alike.

Zulastar
May 19, 2017, 07:46 PM
I don't need new PA's but dream about some things:

1 Sakura 0 separate ( Gurren-style ) PP payment
2 More comfortable Sattelite Aim hitbox
3 Adequate behavior of Distraction Wing with close targets

Evangelion X.XX
May 19, 2017, 10:55 PM
You know what I think, guys...

You know how the Technic Classes have Compound Techs, that is, Special Moves (at least that's what it seems like to my mind) where they have to wait till the gauge becomes filled before being able to do them (similar to a gauge/super bar in fighting games).

Well, I think, each class should have something akin to that.

Braver should have maybe something like Lightning's "Army of One" from FFXIII with Katana.

Ranger should have maybe something like a huge energy blast shot with their rifle.

Hunter should have maybe something like Squall's "Blasting Zone" from FFXIII.

Fighter should have maybe something like I dunno, maybe summoning a huge tornado around them.

Bouncer should have maybe something like how Gilgamesh (from Fate/Stay Night) summons a bunch of weapons behind him, instead of weapons, however, it'll be Photon Blades instead.

Dunno, what Gunners should have though

Zulastar
May 20, 2017, 10:54 AM
Special Moves (at least that's what it seems like to my mind) where they have to wait till the gauge becomes filled before being able to do them (similar to a gauge/super bar in fighting games).

Photon Blast is that move, ne?

Altiea
May 20, 2017, 11:07 AM
Photon Blast is that move, ne?

Photon Blast sucks, though. I think he meant more along the lines of Compound Techs, but for other classes.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 21, 2017, 06:50 PM
You know what I think, guys...

You know how the Technic Classes have Compound Techs, that is, Special Moves (at least that's what it seems like to my mind) where they have to wait till the gauge becomes filled before being able to do them (similar to a gauge/super bar in fighting games).

Well, I think, each class should have something akin to that.

I'd be for it.

Thing is, execution would have to be fast enough/frontloaded to not be totally invalidated/impractical in the presence of other strong enough players, or else you get the type of problem banish arrow has vs phase changes.

Ryuhou
May 22, 2017, 04:58 AM
Doubt we'd ever see anything like this. But on the other hand an aoe buff that gives everyone a good chance for inflicting a status for 1 minute might work.
Certainly would make statuses and related builds like chase a lot more relevant.

Calsetes
May 22, 2017, 10:53 AM
I'd be down with Jellen and Zalure being brought back.

Meteor Weapon
May 23, 2017, 01:42 AM
i wonder how abusable it'd be if those techs came back.

Altiea
May 23, 2017, 02:20 AM
i wonder how abusable it'd be if those techs came back.

The problem is that enemies are already flimsy enough that they aren't particularly necessary.

If enemies had stats like PSNova post-game (I'm looking at you, mook with 2,000,000 hit points with two-hit kill attacks), then maybe they'd be useful.

DrCatco
May 23, 2017, 07:23 PM
For jetboots, I would like the Falz Hunar's high kick: no iframes and weak, but able to knocking​ out small enemies and casting a full megiverse on impact. Even better, make it chargeable, with 2 levels: levels 0 (uncharged) -> only hit enemies; level 1 -> hit and knock out; level 2 -> hit, k.o. and megiverse. How about that?

Ryuhou
May 24, 2017, 05:36 AM
That kick is badass and we need more JB pas. I'd love to see it.

The problem is that enemies are already flimsy enough that they aren't particularly necessary.
If enemies had stats like PSNova post-game (I'm looking at you, mook with 2,000,000 hit points with two-hit kill attacks), then maybe they'd be useful.
True.
Also, having to cast JZ for every enemy wasn't very fun in PSOBB, I doubt it will be much better in PSO2. But a kind of Jellen to use on bosses would be nice, some bosses like Deus hit hard and fast with a lot of cheap shots (like a 3000 damage attack or the first phase of Deus Hunar spamming stun attacks so fast you can only rarely get out of stun before you get hit again and can easily get hit 5 times and die if you don't dodge all of these attacks).

Kondibon
May 24, 2017, 06:20 AM
I still think Jellen and Zalure should have been what Bo does with the JB PA shift actions instead of buffs. It makes more sense. :I

Ryuhou
May 26, 2017, 05:01 AM
I propose a Katana Braver only one where bravers hold it like they would a PB, it has them hold their sword kazan charge style then when a timer expires, all bravers participating get KC auto-proc and start to fly around spamming gurren until they all hit max KCF, before finally all ending with it at the same time. No matter what damage gets dealt the enemy targeted by the person who initiates will split in half and die while saying "N-no this cannot be!!". Will also display a DMC style combo rating based on how many guren ticks were connected.
Using Guren normally on a group of weak mobs already is like this.

What we really need is a pa with decent damage and good range on tmg. Something to finish a chain with when a boss moves away. Atm the only option is to let it expire cause you can't move fast enough to get in range again and no pa can reach the boss.