PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 New class?

Hyri
May 23, 2017, 09:52 PM
As I was reading the 5th anniversary page I found a line that had the text
"新クラス、そして新たな世界。"

Good ol' Google translate put it to: New class, and a new world.
If it's true I'm really looking forward to the full reveal.

Link for clarification of where I was reading it.
http://pso2.jp/players/event/5th_anniversary/online/

arokidaaron
May 23, 2017, 09:54 PM
IIRC it was confirmed that we're getting a new class, at a past game show? that was posted somewhere here it the forums.

XykeVayaris
May 23, 2017, 09:56 PM
New class was confirmed quite some time ago. What is it though, maybe we might be getting news along with ep5 teasers in the June broadcast

Asellus
May 23, 2017, 10:05 PM
What could it be? I feel like pso2 has already covered all their bases with regard to classes. If anything I would speculate that it's a Summoner spin off. Maybe a form-changing class similar to beast?

final_attack
May 23, 2017, 10:09 PM
I wonder if this one ...... is a leak or just a joke lol Or just pick whatever picture I had for that space (https://twitter.com/snowell_60/status/866855011791142912)

DrCatco
May 23, 2017, 10:37 PM
It's the clases that the pso2 community has wanted for years ... The r-atk/t-atk hybrid... The one who has the last dex mag skill... PSO2 last class...

Or could be a bard. Meh, only Sega knows at this moment. There is no point in worrying now.

Cyber Meteor
May 23, 2017, 10:55 PM
@final_attack this pic is very likely a fake for at least 2 reasons :

1) If the rapier was part of the next class why would they put a pic of someone holding a rapier a) before every sub-title? b) on a magazine that's released some weeks before the PSO2 station that'll reveal the "first" infos on PSO2 (class reveal isn't granted at this stage) ?

2) SEGA pretty much confirmed themselves rapier wouldn't be a new weapon type when making Ardem's rapier a weapon camo for wand, katana and tact :p, and that "rapier is next weapon type" only came because of Ardem's rapier existence and attack style with really nothing more (somehow Aratron's hammer didn't trigger similar speculations). If it was a new weapon type it would have been a real weapon added to Earth raid bosses drop pool later on and not before EP5 on a limited quest. There is a rapier small icon (the class-type icon) out there but it was definitly a fake (same background color than braver's small icon? just nope xD )

Dark Emerald EXE
May 23, 2017, 11:32 PM
Considering every episode gets a new class I don't see why this would be any different.

Ep1: (technically Fi,Gu,Te even though later in the episode)
Ep2: Br
Ep3: Bo
Ep4: Su

IMACOP
May 24, 2017, 04:40 AM
2) SEGA pretty much confirmed themselves rapier wouldn't be a new weapon type when making Ardem's rapier a weapon camo for wand, katana and tact :p
Where is that from? And if you know when it will be out?

Ryuhou
May 24, 2017, 05:40 AM
I probably speak for a lot of people when I say I would love the new class to use Slicers.

What could it be? I feel like pso2 has already covered all their bases with regard to classes. If anything I would speculate that it's a Summoner spin off. Maybe a form-changing class similar to beast?
Hunter and fighter have very similar weapons and irl there is a huge variety of weapons so there is always room for more. And considering a large amount of every class' skills are just raising damage in different ways, it should be easy to ad various skills to a new class.
For example A stance to deal more damage to mobs and another one to deal more damage to bosses.

SmolNeko
May 24, 2017, 05:58 AM
For example A stance to deal more damage to mobs and another one to deal more damage to bosses.

Please no, let's not even think about them considering those two factors for stances.

I am hoping for slicers though, and maybe a t-atk based class that is more fun than Forces heavily watered down selection of good techniques and Techers very bland wand smacks, under utilized support skills and clunky controls.

Dark Emerald EXE
May 24, 2017, 07:19 AM
Gib Range/Tech Hybrid.

That way the hybrids are all covered.
Melee/Range (Braver)
Melee/Tech (Bouncer)

And if it was a true hybrid than Range/Tech hybrid class would not be based on stances. (Considering the concept that makes them do not)

Zorak000
May 24, 2017, 08:02 AM
im going mad with the severe lack of slicers these last five years

they haven't been eaten by another weapon type

we haven't seen any camos of what used to be a slicer

where are they sega. where are the slicers.

cheapgunner
May 24, 2017, 08:54 AM
im going mad with the severe lack of slicers these last five years

they haven't been eaten by another weapon type

we haven't seen any camos of what used to be a slicer

where are they sega. where are the slicers.

Would be nice to have them, and they could be oh so more amazing with this game's engine and combat system. I'd love some sort of Bard 2nd wep for the new class as well.

Cyber Meteor
May 24, 2017, 09:29 AM
Where is that from? And if you know when it will be out?

From last PSO2 Station, you can check the recap at bumped.org, it'll be out on July 5th, it'll be a drop from the Arks Battle Chronicle Episode 4 quest

wobble
May 24, 2017, 10:05 AM
@final_attack this pic is very likely a fake for at least 2 reasons :

Dengeki is now fake, gaiz

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/500/1500839/170411pso2dps_107.pdf
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/525/1525491/170523pso2dps_110.pdf

Xaelouse
May 24, 2017, 11:10 AM
They're gonna show us what it is in two weeks, guys. There's nothing to really go by until then, and this generic graphic design isn't really telling.

Batty
May 24, 2017, 04:06 PM
all in all, i just hope they remain with clasical PS weapons, summoner was something new and wasnt near as succesful as bouncer and braver were.

me personally, i would love a twin claws user class that acumulates gear by chaining PAs and then releases it with an activable palette skill for a big nuke

DrCatco
May 25, 2017, 03:02 PM
For a Ranged/Tech hybrid, I would like to see a weapon that has not been mentioned before: a slingshot.

Slingshots can use different types of ammunition, so I'd like to see photon arts that allow to use different types of tech-ammo (fire shots, ice shots, etc), and that these shots explode on contact, such as wand blasts, and maybe a stance that increases the power of these shots (like Elemental Shots? idk).

Although I must admit that I have no idea what other stance should exist, if there must be another.

One can dream, I suppose.

Dark Emerald EXE
May 25, 2017, 03:08 PM
Considering only Melee classes have stances I don't see why a Range/Tech would.... ( hope it wouldn't if they tried to make it a thing )

Moffen
May 25, 2017, 03:28 PM
Please no more stances until they fix the balancing against fury stance.
Tired of Hu being the only good sub 80% of the time.

LancerFate
May 25, 2017, 03:42 PM

Play Force or Summoner, or Hu main ? So you cant sub Hu for sure XDD
And for new class i just hope its not another melee.

DrCatco
May 25, 2017, 04:14 PM
Well, I only mentioned stances just because the other two hybrids use them. But since Ra and Gu do not use them, the third hybrid probably will not use them either. Anyway...

Another weapon that I would like to see are orbs. I think I saw a conceptual drawing here in the forum some time ago, and since then I liked them.

sakare
May 26, 2017, 04:08 AM
https://youtu.be/ZPlltOzfonw

New Race

mr.chills
May 26, 2017, 04:58 AM
off-topic, but in that video(2:23) is that daredevil and megaton parfaits i see in the xie exchange shop??!! wwwwwwwwwww

Pyrei
May 26, 2017, 07:51 AM
5 parfaits: daredevil, bolster, hungry, luxury, megaton in that order

(hungry is the PP slayer parfait that gives 7% dmg up when under 50% pp, I don't have one so I just used the translation)

Shinamori
May 27, 2017, 02:52 PM
Megaton, you'll be mine.

MightyHarken
May 27, 2017, 08:28 PM
A sling shot? Gtfo, lmao.

MightyHarken
May 27, 2017, 08:39 PM

It“s not the best sub for some classes. If anything, I“d nerf the F out of katana combat and improve average stance.

cheapgunner
May 27, 2017, 08:50 PM
It“s not the best sub for some classes. If anything, I“d nerf the F out of katana combat and improve average stance.

Give avg stance a damage reduction from enemies to boot. Give weak stance a pp reduction when you hit weak points/correct element.

DrCatco
May 27, 2017, 09:33 PM
A sling shot? Gtfo, lmao.

I mean, it wouldn't be that weird...

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/W41Xejk.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Wof2NXm.jpg

From Onepunch Man[/SPOILER-BOX]

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 28, 2017, 12:14 PM

You make it sound like KC is powerful relative to most other things in this game.

AzurEnd
May 28, 2017, 12:51 PM
Dont know how KC stacks up to other things but I wish my main class had a button I could press when ever I wanted that made me completely invulnerable for its entire duration while also giving me a percentage based damage bonus which also did a butt load of damage when I pressed the button again.

Ryuhou
May 29, 2017, 05:39 AM
Invincibility is the main thing KC has going for it. Without the count up ring the finish damage can easily be the same as a single Guren if you have bad AI rng.
Compared to burst damage of other classes like CT / Compound techs or even sustainable dps like End Attract + Sat Cannon / BHS it is not very strong.

It's pretty good when you don't have a boss that randomly jumps out of range like Chrome but it's far, far from being op. And in the long run due to everyone being able to dodge even the invincibility isn't op either, the main use is stuff like cheesing XQ stages without getting hit or cheesing Mother when the mpa's damage isn't high enough to destroy all cubes.

None of those are any game changers.

TBH, no idea how people can even think Katana is op. It's good now but still a far cry from knuckles for example. Guren is the one thing making it good again, before that Katana had low upkeep and was pretty weak.

We however do need another Average stance boost, 10% would be great (more would be too much though). Not just for Katana but also for bow so you are not entirely dependent on weak spots and for SuBr.
The 10% from Average Charge Bonus are kinda getting less and less useful with guren being so important, part of Sakura T0 not being charged and as a sub it doesn't help much because outside Katana and Bow few weapons have a lot of good charge pas.
In fact, changing Average Charge Bonus to an unconditional 10% bonus might already be enough.

echofaith
May 29, 2017, 09:04 AM
They should just remove KC escape and raise the damage from the JA part up to 30% or something. Is not like braver needs the invincibility anyway, so might as well make the buff just raw damage.

Alenoir
May 29, 2017, 02:13 PM
New Race

Unless you're calling Frame Arms/Girl as a new race...

Anduril
May 29, 2017, 02:18 PM
Unless you're calling Frame Arms/Girl as a new race...

I assumed they meant Rappy-men, since they are adding those Rappy heads.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 29, 2017, 06:58 PM
They should just remove KC escape and raise the damage from the JA part up to 30% or something. Is not like braver needs the invincibility anyway, so might as well make the buff just raw damage.

I'd rather something a bit more interesting, and more consistent.

I was throwing around ideas with a friend, and I thought of:

-a skill that reduces the remaining cooldown-time of KC for attacking/parrying
-replacing the invincibility with damage reduction, and super armor to make it fair (call it combat toughness instead of combat escape for all I care)
-0 PP cost for the duration

Moffen
May 29, 2017, 08:07 PM
I'd rather something a bit more interesting, and more consistent.

I was throwing around ideas with a friend, and I thought of:

-a skill that reduces the remaining cooldown-time of KC for attacking/parrying
-replacing the invincibility with damage reduction, and super armor to make it fair (call it combat toughness instead of combat escape for all I care)
-0 PP cost for the duration

>0pp cost for the duration

Ahahahahahahah
No.
No thank you.

MightyHarken
May 29, 2017, 08:22 PM
Why do people even want more classes. As if leveling up a class wasn“t farmy and annoying already, just make new weapon types for each class. There“s plenty to choose from from pso1, then make gunslash base its damage off of your best stat

echofaith
May 29, 2017, 09:09 PM
I just want a better subclass for hunter. Or better yet, let me go huhu and I wont need to level another class to sub v:

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 29, 2017, 10:03 PM
>0pp cost for the duration

Ahahahahahahah
No.
No thank you.

And yet PP convert, PP restorate, and PP charge revival on a compound tech-spamming class combo stronger than katana Br is fine?

Ahahahahahaha yeah that is a funny joke.

echofaith
May 30, 2017, 05:25 AM
To be fair, PP convert lowers Force already low HP even lower during its duration, and Compounds leave you vulnerable so you cant really spam them mindlessly.
Current KC is a zero risk high reward skill, and the revamp you suggested just changed one of its rewards for an even more broken one without any real risk.
Is close to Limit Break with all its passives, and this one also gives you an innate Massive Hunter, and no HP lowered :/

Lumpen Thingy
May 30, 2017, 06:45 AM
Why do people even want more classes. As if leveling up a class wasn“t farmy and annoying already, just make new weapon types for each class. There“s plenty to choose from from pso1, then make gunslash base its damage off of your best stat
If leveling a class is hard for you in this game its time to play something else.

Dark Emerald EXE
May 30, 2017, 08:00 AM
And because every Episode gets a new class?

r00tabaga
May 30, 2017, 09:13 AM
When did "farmy and annoying" become synonymous with hard? I agree, just make more weapon types for the existing classes.

ArcaneTechs
May 30, 2017, 09:30 AM
When did "farmy and annoying" become synonymous with hard? I agree, just make more weapon types for the existing classes.
Casuals

why is KC such a big thing for you guys? its not like its game breaking and a massive boom in BR players looming around lately. Might as well go back to saying remove WB and heck, remove every major active skill for each class

R/T class plz, disappoint me Sega next streamic

Dark Emerald EXE
May 30, 2017, 09:38 AM
while I'll play probably w/e they make.... I really hope the new class (as I'm sure everyone else does) is Range/Tech

After all we already got the other 2 hybrids types....but than Summoner happen. which I didn't see as a bad thing.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 30, 2017, 10:31 AM
To be fair, PP convert lowers Force already low HP even lower during its duration, and Compounds leave you vulnerable so you cant really spam them mindlessly.
Current KC is a zero risk high reward skill, and the revamp you suggested just changed one of its rewards for an even more broken one without any real risk.
Is close to Limit Break with all its passives, and this one also gives you an innate Massive Hunter, and no HP lowered :/

Having no invincibility like I suggested puts risk factor back.
Katana is a melee weapon. Fo is at a range. Saying there's no innate risk factor for being melee is silly.

Relative to the likes of compounds, it's just not very strong. I've seen nico nivo videos of people pumping out compounds more than once in the span of 30 seconds when bossing thanks to magical piece while KC has a 15% damage boost for all of 20 seconds once every minute and a half. Much of the risk of using compounds is alleviated by using megiverse first.

KC is high-reward in a vacuum. We're not in a vacuum. We're in a game where limit break, chain trigger, compound techs, and maron strike exist, and not everything we deal with is a pack of goldradas.

MightyHarken
May 30, 2017, 12:08 PM

I tend to ignore idiotic comments like lumpythingy“s but thanks for responding to his idiocy, lol. new weapon types would make not only 1 more class, but 8 more because of the new PA“s and combat styles.

In the end, every fucking class is the same shit, meant to dps in a bit of different ways.

echofaith
May 30, 2017, 01:30 PM
Having no invincibility like I suggested puts risk factor back.
Katana is a melee weapon. Fo is at a range. Saying there's no innate risk factor for being melee is silly.

Relative to the likes of compounds, it's just not very strong. I've seen nico nivo videos of people pumping out compounds more than once in the span of 30 seconds when bossing thanks to magical piece while KC has a 15% damage boost for all of 20 seconds once every minute and a half. Much of the risk of using compounds is alleviated by using megiverse first.

KC is high-reward in a vacuum. We're not in a vacuum. We're in a game where limit break, chain trigger, compound techs, and maron strike exist, and not everything we deal with is a pack of goldradas.

I never said anything regarding no risk of playing melee. I meant extra risk compared to using a skill VS not using it. But I would argue that thanks to the balancing of melee classes around Hunter as subclass, melees in general have it easier at living than any other thanks to all the passives Hunter provides. In fact, for Raid bosses who now focus in AOE and less on personal aggro, range isnt that big of an advantage as it was before, at least for surviving.

Activating KC doesnt add any extra risk; is a literal buff without downside. Both LB and PP Convert will make you die faster because of the HP lost. LB being stronger is only natural, since you are sacrificing your survival for more DPS.

Even with your suggested revamp for KC, you still get damage mitigation, so is not a risk, but an actual buff still. A more fair version of your revamp would be taking double damage you regulary take. You can use actual MH from hunter to mitigate it if you wanted. Is still slightly weaker than LB in terms of numbers, but you get infinite PP and still have more survival than LB users.

I wouldnt compare Comps directly to KC since they arent buff skills, but on a low HP class like Force being stunlocked during its duration is a high risk, since you can get 1hkoed by latest bosses even with default HP. Pulling them each 30 seconds is more a matter of skill from the player, which is the whole point of high risk high reward stuff. I also dont consider them balanced either, but I feel Comps are a different kind of problem altogether.

Zorak000
May 30, 2017, 02:58 PM
I'd say what is putting hunter sub over the others is having two JA boost skills. while /br and /bo's equivalent skills are tied to weapon-exclusive active skills. Nerfing JA Bonus 1+2 would bring hunter sub more in line with braver and bouncer, but then that'd hurt hunter's main class weapons. meanwhile you would also need to nerf fighter's stance up skills to keep everybody from just moving over to fighter sub and continue to ignore /br and /bo

/bo has some bigger fundamental issues but I'm not touching that subject.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 30, 2017, 03:24 PM
I never said anything regarding no risk of playing melee. I meant extra risk compared to using a skill VS not using it. But I would argue that thanks to the balancing of melee classes around Hunter as subclass, melees in general have it easier at living than any other thanks to all the passives Hunter provides. In fact, for Raid bosses who now focus in AOE and less on personal aggro, range isnt that big of an advantage as it was before, at least for surviving.

Activating KC doesnt add any extra risk; is a literal buff without downside. Both LB and PP Convert will make you die faster because of the HP lost. LB being stronger is only natural, since you are sacrificing your survival for more DPS.

Even with your suggested revamp for KC, you still get damage mitigation, so is not a risk, but an actual buff still. A more fair version of your revamp would be taking double damage you regulary take. You can use actual MH from hunter to mitigate it if you wanted. Is still slightly weaker than LB in terms of numbers, but you get infinite PP and still have more survival than LB users.

I wouldnt compare Comps directly to KC since they arent buff skills, but on a low HP class like Force being stunlocked during its duration is a high risk, since you can get 1hkoed by latest bosses even with default HP. Pulling them each 30 seconds is more a matter of skill from the player, which is the whole point of high risk high reward stuff. I also dont consider them balanced either, but I feel Comps are a different kind of problem altogether.

My original point was before we get too far into semantics is calling KC low risk, high reward is misleading, because CT, compounds, and limit break are high reward.

KC is low risk, meh reward.

All of the other examples are comparatively higher risk, and much higher reward.

As for your 'more fair idea', let's take that, and compare it to compounds, which should either be seriously nerfed, or more things brought to that level:

Br would effectively have their HP cut 50%, still possibly not use as often, and still deal far less damage?

I don't see how that's fair. At all.

As for saying it would be 'slightly weaker than limit break', limit break lasts up to 3 times longer than KC, with a superior multiplier before we consider the choice of halfline/deadline slayer and crazy beat. It's also on a class combo that has superior multipliers than Br/Hu without limit break.

If anything, it will take alot more than JUST my KC suggestion to bring katanas up to par.

echofaith
May 30, 2017, 05:08 PM
My original point was before we get too far into semantics is calling KC low risk, high reward is misleading, because CT, compounds, and limit break are high reward.

KC is low risk, meh reward.

All of the other examples are comparatively higher risk, and much higher reward.

As for your 'more fair idea', let's take that, and compare it to compounds, which should either be seriously nerfed, or more things brought to that level:

Br would effectively have their HP cut 50%, still possibly not use as often, and still deal far less damage?

I don't see how that's fair. At all.

As for saying it would be 'slightly weaker than limit break', limit break lasts up to 3 times longer than KC, with a superior multiplier before we consider the choice of halfline/deadline slayer and crazy beat. It's also on a class combo that has superior multipliers than Br/Hu without limit break.

If anything, it will take alot more than JUST my KC suggestion to bring katanas up to par.

Whole point I tried make is that you cant expect KC to be on par with other stuff like LB when there isnt near as much risk. Though it seems your complain isnt about KC itself, but about Braver damage compared to the rest. If thats the case, I would consider raising PA damage before trying to balance it around an activation skill. Unless you want another Gunner :p

And you would also need to balance risk of doing DPS with it compared to the rest. Of all the classes that are higher than Braver in the DPS chart, how easy/harder are they to properly play compared to Braver?

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 30, 2017, 05:21 PM
And you would also need to balance risk of doing DPS with it compared to the rest. Of all the classes that are higher than Braver in the DPS chart, how easy/harder are they to properly play compared to Braver?

Depends on easier in what way.

To play at it's highest potential, yeah braver is easier.

If I want an easier time putting out the game's most competitive dps, Fi has the tools for it.

Kinda hard, if not impossible, to do what Fi does with what little means Br has.

Asellus
May 30, 2017, 05:56 PM
New class: An amalgamation of the existent classes. Muh-hahahaha. Frankenclass.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 30, 2017, 06:35 PM
New class: An amalgamation of the existent classes. Muh-hahahaha. Frankenclass.

Challenger?

cheapgunner
May 30, 2017, 07:06 PM
A class that uses bombs wouldn't be too bad (aka Bomberman-lite). Bombs can do Ranged or technic, with the bombs being able to be charged and thrown, kicked or carried to and from wherever you need them to be. A camo could be chain chomp or Bomb-bomb from Mario franchise.

Rollng a bomb, hitting a mob of Oodans and watching a charged Rafoie bomb explode in their faces would be lit. No stances, just have various skills to add stun, Hp regen, PP regen, and other bonuses when active with bombs. Maybe even a skill to add a higher charge, and possible increased size to your bomb for higher PP cost.

>:-]

Asellus
May 30, 2017, 11:36 PM
while I'll play probably w/e they make.... I really hope the new class (as I'm sure everyone else does) is Range/Tech

Gunlance -MHF style loaded with "tech bullets" KABOOM.

blkbox11
May 30, 2017, 11:40 PM
There is already a class that uses bombs, it's called Summoner.

AirinMikune
May 30, 2017, 11:51 PM
Blaster

Weapon - Magnum (handgun)/Heavy Machine gun

All PA changes it's behavior based on the last element of Technique casted.

Fire - Bullets does a small AoE explosion
Ice - Slows enemy hits
Wind - Piercing effect
Electric - Speeds up projectile
Light - Slight tracking
Dark - Uses hp to deal extra damage

Selphea
May 31, 2017, 05:23 AM
Challenger?
Ep3 Fi Main 😂

Ryuhou
May 31, 2017, 05:50 AM
I see a lot of people that apparently rarely use katana. KC is as far from being op as PBF. Infact PBF is probably better because it's easy high dps with lots of range (far more than KC) and if you run out of gear it takes a single pa to max it again.

KC has invincibility but 20 seconds amount to very little actually because the point is not to survive endless attacks of a boss like in other games but to deliver a ton of damage ASAP. And so KC falls far behind other dps options like LB + BHS, WB + satcannon / end attract, CT, compound techs, Maron explosion, etc.

When was the last time you saw a katana braver get highest damage in a boss fight? Wait, you didn't cause katana gets easily outperformed by a number of other builds.

If you think it is op you apparently don't understand the game very well.

[Ayumi]
May 31, 2017, 07:43 AM
Just give me my Spread/Shotgun and Slicers.

echofaith
May 31, 2017, 09:18 AM
I see a lot of people that apparently rarely use katana. KC is as far from being op as PBF. Infact PBF is probably better because it's easy high dps with lots of range (far more than KC) and if you run out of gear it takes a single pa to max it again.

KC has invincibility but 20 seconds amount to very little actually because the point is not to survive endless attacks of a boss like in other games but to deliver a ton of damage ASAP. And so KC falls far behind other dps options like LB + BHS, WB + satcannon / end attract, CT, compound techs, Maron explosion, etc.

When was the last time you saw a katana braver get highest damage in a boss fight? Wait, you didn't cause katana gets easily outperformed by a number of other builds.

If you think it is op you apparently don't understand the game very well.

I think the reason people call KC OP is because it gives many buff without a single downside. I dont consider it unbalanced, but is certainly something many would envy. Broken stuff like LB and PP convert have lowered HP, so at the very least it ask you to play better to avoid dying. PB Fever doesnt have a downside, but is a buff for your PB only, no invincibility, and no burst damage at the end. And while I dont know the DPS chart, I am sure Bouncer isnt in the top either. If anything, I find it weird that people try to compare KC DPS with LB, when they both work as direct opposites as far as survival goes :/

Braver having lower DPS than others is only natural when you consider how much easier to play is compared to most other classes. Is no coincidence that it is the most used for clearing both solo XQ and solo PD, one of the few missions that requires you to play seriously. They actually won over Pillow explosions in PD ;/

I am all for balance, but suggesting a damage buff for Braver without an actual catch, or basically, wanting to be on par with an LB fighter without being a risk in all mission doesnt sound fair.

Zulastar
May 31, 2017, 09:45 AM
;3422265']Just give me my Spread/Shotgun and Slicers.

I'll bet for Whip and Slicer. R/T both. Whip - mid-range single target, R<T, Slicer - long-range aoe, R>T.

Masu
May 31, 2017, 11:00 AM
I'll bet for Whip and Slicer. R/T both. Whip - mid-range single target, R<T, Slicer - long-range aoe, R>T.
Sounds good to me:wacko:

Also about KC it's very easy to fuck up the finish in a 12/12 mpa with all the flashes around. Very easy to miss the red ring warning (Double/PD/Elder/loser am looking at you with all your redish stuff), so yeah there's counter but actually I have a hard time to tell one eye to verify time and ask the other to watch at current targets :clown: I guess katana count up ring was not made randomely.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 31, 2017, 02:46 PM
I think the reason people call KC OP is because it gives many buff without a single downside. I dont consider it unbalanced, but is certainly something many would envy. Broken stuff like LB and PP convert have lowered HP, so at the very least it ask you to play better to avoid dying. PB Fever doesnt have a downside, but is a buff for your PB only, no invincibility, and no burst damage at the end. And while I dont know the DPS chart, I am sure Bouncer isnt in the top either. If anything, I find it weird that people try to compare KC DPS with LB, when they both work as direct opposites as far as survival goes :/

Braver having lower DPS than others is only natural when you consider how much easier to play is compared to most other classes. Is no coincidence that it is the most used for clearing both solo XQ and solo PD, one of the few missions that requires you to play seriously. They actually won over Pillow explosions in PD ;/

I am all for balance, but suggesting a damage buff for Braver without an actual catch, or basically, wanting to be on par with an LB fighter without being a risk in all mission doesnt sound fair.

Why else do you think one of the first things I said was remove the invincibility, replace it with super armor? At that point, the risk IS melee range.

Also, I never liked your ideas of just increasing % values. It does nothing for making katana any less boring, and will keep giving you justification for saying "katana shouldn't be as rewarding when it's so easy". Suggest something like I did that would add SOME sort of depth.

echofaith
May 31, 2017, 04:42 PM
Why else do you think one of the first things I said was remove the invincibility, replace it with super armor? At that point, the risk IS melee range.

Also, I never liked your ideas of just increasing % values. It does nothing for making katana any less boring, and will keep giving you justification for saying "katana shouldn't be as rewarding when it's so easy". Suggest something like I did that would add SOME sort of depth.

As I said before, the risk I meant was between using the skill VS not using it. Replacing invincibility for super armor is still more safe that not using KC at all. I also said later that you shouldnt try to balance Braver around KC alone.

As for ideas, I suggested raising PA damage and KC to make it closer to other classes PA, but you says thats boring. Fair enough. But I also remember suggesting you taking twice more damage when using your revamped KC, but you didnt like the idea. You said that even with your super armor idea, Braver deserved even more buffes just to be on par with top DPS.

Now, I may be misunderstanding this, but you also say that being melee is risky enough to warrant a DPS increase on par with Fighter LB. Yet fighters have that very same risk even outside LB. So why should a buffed KC be any safer than LB? Seems to me you only want to buff KC to meet a DPS standard, but not willing to add any risk. Thats not balance :/

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 31, 2017, 05:52 PM
As I said before, the risk I meant was between using the skill VS not using it. Replacing invincibility for super armor is still more safe that not using KC at all. I also said later that you shouldnt try to balance Braver around KC alone.

As for ideas, I suggested raising PA damage and KC to make it closer to other classes PA, but you says thats boring. Fair enough. But I also remember suggesting you taking twice more damage when using your revamped KC, but you didnt like the idea. You said that even with your super armor idea, Braver deserved even more buffes just to be on par with top DPS.

Now, I may be misunderstanding this, but you also say that being melee is risky enough to warrant a DPS increase on par with Fighter LB. Yet fighters have that very same risk even outside LB. So why should a buffed KC be any safer than LB? Seems to me you only want to buff KC to meet a DPS standard, but not willing to add any risk. Thats not balance :/

I know braver shouldn't be balanced around KC alone. I said it myself already.

That isn't limited to JUST braver changes either. Some things should be nerfed. Some risk/rewards toned back, but of course the backlash would be huge.

Balance would be all classes capable of vaguely similar levels of results depending on the player, and class choice should be purely playstyle. Your position on 'balance' is to keep easier classes intentionally weaker, while suggesting possibly nothing to add depth for them to be worthy of a higher dps ceiling in your opinion. Your line of thinking leads to justifying obviously low performance ceilings, and followed with phrases such as "reroll fighter" as a result of that.

Thats not balance :/

We disagree on a fundamental level on what that is.
Your version of balance leads to players only bringing specific combinations for the fastest kills by large margins, which we already see.

Agree to disagree?

echofaith
May 31, 2017, 06:45 PM
My reasoning for easier class combinations having lower DPS, is to avoid them overshadowing harder classes for the same performance. There just wouldnt be much appeal to use hard and clunky combos without an actual reward.

But yea, agree do disagree v:

Moffen
May 31, 2017, 06:48 PM
Neither of you asking for balance changes will ever get your opinion listened to by SEGA so you're just pissing in the wind anyway fam.

feelsbadman.

LordKaiser
May 31, 2017, 08:49 PM
I hope the new class is the R & T attack class that we expected on episode 4.

Ryuhou
Jun 2, 2017, 05:16 AM
easier to play classes should be the same endgame as others, like Humar in PSOBB.
Also, Katana Braver isn't really easier than hunter or DB bouncer.
In fact hunter can be even tankier with all guard and healing guard.

echofaith
Jun 2, 2017, 09:16 AM
easier to play classes should be the same endgame as others, like Humar in PSOBB.
Also, Katana Braver isn't really easier than hunter or DB bouncer.
In fact hunter can be even tankier with all guard and healing guard.

And yet, none of those 2 are in top usage for those missions.
I just think that making all classes equal in term of performance will end up killing usage in harder classes because there wouldnt be a reason to deal with those mechanics if I can get same results with an easier method.

XykeVayaris
Jun 2, 2017, 09:44 AM
There was this topic I discussed with some friends, they were saying about a KC related ring where instead of having an AOE combat finish, why not a single forward slash like (the pre-adjusted) JB's vinto. As in the one that cannot change its direction, and deals heavy short range damage.

Which is probably too op anyway so never mind.

Yamishi
Jun 4, 2017, 11:11 AM
A cool weapon I'd love to see for a R&T class is a Tech-imbued Minigun. You "load" Foie bullets and rain fire down upon enemies, or Barta bullets to rush enemies with an ice storm.

A guy can dream.

[Ayumi]
Jun 4, 2017, 08:13 PM
A cool weapon I'd love to see for a R&T class is a Tech-imbued Minigun. You "load" Foie bullets and rain fire down upon enemies, or Barta bullets to rush enemies with an ice storm.

A guy can dream.

Sounds like a Million Storm Custom PA idea.

Calsetes
Jun 5, 2017, 10:37 AM

A guy can dream.

Better idea:

Element determines how the guns work. Foie is loaded in, it works similar to Flame Bullet for launchers (i.e. flamethrower.) Barta is loaded in, it's a rapid-fire machinegun - lower damage, but longer range. Zonde is loaded in, it's like a "shock cannon" that hits a much wider area in front of you (maybe a PBAoE around you instead?) Grants is loaded, it's a laser similar (though smaller scale) to Sphere Eraser. Megid.... not sure what Megid could do.

Might be too complex for the engine to work out, though, and I'm sure they'll wind up being relegated to PAs (which, I'll admit, some of this stuff does actually sound like a regular launcher as it is.)

cheapgunner
Jun 5, 2017, 01:18 PM
Give me an old FF-style class. Buffs/Debuffs like Haste, Slow, Atk/Def/Elemental debuff techniques and the like. Twin handguns, Wand, and gunslash for weapon choices. Handguns can launch 2 of the same basic techs like Foie, Barta, Zonde, etc. non-customize variants. Would be kinda cool.

[Ayumi]
Jun 5, 2017, 06:05 PM
Give me an old FF-style class. Buffs/Debuffs like Haste, Slow, Atk/Def/Elemental debuff techniques and the like. Twin handguns, Wand, and gunslash for weapon choices. Handguns can launch 2 of the same basic techs like Foie, Barta, Zonde, etc. non-customize variants. Would be kinda cool.

Give me DNC/NIN and RNG/NIN

DrCatco
Jun 7, 2017, 08:01 AM
Is there anything about the new class in recent (datamined) files?

Hyri
Jun 7, 2017, 08:27 AM
Not to my knowledge no but I haven't really looked. The next station is in 3 days so we'll probably find out more then.