PDA

View Full Version : Your Final Thoughts on EP4's Map, Enemy and Raid Mechanics

loafhero
May 25, 2017, 02:53 AM
With EP4 being pretty much done with introducing any more new maps and enemies (barring the upcoming updated Yamato fight), I really want to know what you all think about the map, enemy and raid mechanics.

Should it be continued in EP5? Should it just be scrapped all together or at least, improved upon?

Kintama
May 25, 2017, 03:23 AM
Tokyo mobs, as in Tank, Helicopter, Yamato, were great design and made sense for an Earth planet bestiary.

The Vegas stuff, never fucking again, i'd rather drink bleach again than see recolors of these lazy abominations.

ESC-A darkers are just underused recolors of already existing mobs, eh.

And Angels are criminally underused as it is, what the heck sega, also how are the japanese coastal waters, the Moon and the new continent not free explore areas already?! (And by free i mean sandbox free, no stupid timer, and lvl 80 mobs FFS)

Meteor Weapon
May 25, 2017, 03:25 AM
Maps feels way too vibrant yet also bland even on Yggdrasil. I wish there are enemies that are seriously based on mythical lore of the planet Earth rather than based on human fear but that never happened. The design aspect of almost everything on Episode 4 other than Ult Amduscia, Falz Mother and Deus feels so lazy.

Xaeris
May 25, 2017, 03:46 AM
There's a trend in the raid fights of Episode 4. Technically, it started in Episode 3, but it really swung into high gear with this episode. As we should all be aware, the time a boss' weak point is exposed can be cut short if a certain damage threshold is reached. So in a strong group (that isn't coordinating Maron bombs), Mother might be down for like three seconds before she gets back up again. This really, really annoys me; it strikes me as a way to artificially extend the length of a fight without impacting players on the weaker end of the spectrum. I hope we get away from this in Episode 5, but I'm not hopeful.

loafhero
May 25, 2017, 04:25 AM
Well, their design is one thing, but how they function in gameplay is what I feel is deserving of more discussion. I think talking about EP4's aesthetics is like beating a dead horse at this point.

If I had to use a term to describe EP4's mechanics, its that its a "theme park". Instead of letting players determine when they can progress in something, its the game that dictates how and when the players can progress before cutting them off shortly expecting them to enter again.

"Exploring" in Tokyo and Vegas is very limiting. Unlike in the older maps where you can choose your own battles and even skip it without having your progressed hindered, EP4 maps forces you to clear out an area of enemies before your allowed to make any progress. Completing Hans Earth COs or any Earth Daily COs are a chore because you're very likely required to enter either Tokyo or Vegas again on a 2nd or 3rd attempt in order to complete the usual "Kill X number of enemies" as a result of this limiting design imposed on players.

"Oh, you need to kill more Polar Bears to complete your CO? Want to run around the map more to find more Polar Bears? Too bad! You reached the points limit! Come again next time!"

Doesn't help that Phantoms aren't as aggressive as older enemies. Their often spawned far away from each other which is made more tedious with the awful AI of the Phantoms who are quite possibly the most retarded enemies of PSO2. The Phantoms seem to have bad vision because for as long as I've played, they won't try to rush at you unless you're REALLY close to them.

Mother as a raid boss (not counting the Rideroid phase) is kinda fun, mostly because she's just using older Episode's raid boss mechanics.

Deus was actually really fun the first few times but the obligatory and awkward cut-to-black cutscene transitions have lost its charm. The fight itself seems more focused on being flashy than anything else.

Cadfael
May 25, 2017, 09:47 AM
"Exploring" in Tokyo and Vegas is very limiting. Unlike in the older maps where you can choose your own battles and even skip it without having your progressed hindered, EP4 maps forces you to clear out an area of enemies before your allowed to make any progress. Completing Hans Earth COs or any Earth Daily COs are a chore because your very likely required to enter either Tokyo or Vegas again on a 2nd or 3rd attempt in order to complete the usual "Kill X number of enemies" as a result of this limiting design imposed on players.

This, plus the spawn mechanics and a lack of specific boss rooms make it difficult to farm for Vegas specific bosses. Need a Train Ghidoran? Just use the Arks mission. Need a Trailer or Vegas Illusia? Time to run free field and hope that one of the spawn areas picks the boss you need, or hope that enough people are running riding quests.

Cyber Meteor
May 25, 2017, 10:34 AM
The only thing i don't like in EP4 is this spawn point system , while i do get it was done for "fashion/screenshot in peace" purpose, i don't get why we don't have a version of the quest like in Kuron EP3 with no set spawn point, and after a certain amount of point you go to the boss area. Idk if you remember but in the reveal teaser of Vegas there was a little cutscene for Vegas Illusia appearing, as other bosses used to have, but it's nowhere to be found now not even in Story board, meaning they probably had thought about doing something like Train Ghidoran quest but cancelled it at last moment for some reasons (riding quest could be one reason i guess).

Anyway, as for maps, well while Tokyo is kinda meh, Vegas is more interesting look wise, musics for both fields are really good ^^. Phantom ennemies give me mixed impressions depending on the type : i'm not that much fan of Hagito's phantoms (zombies, military-like), but i prefer the Bethor's ones, and actually Vegas phantoms too :p, but it's more about their aesthetics than their mechanics as they're pretty simple. ESC-A darkers are cool imo, more powerful variants of their usual attacks and good choice of colors. The only thing about raid bosses that got my attention is actually, that they were easier than before and it was done on purpose xD, but thank god for the solo EQ and rematch thing they've introduced with deus and will be there for Super-Yamato, gives something more worth of our +35 13* power and lvl 80 :D

[Ayumi]
May 25, 2017, 01:06 PM
Tokyo: It's fine. Not bad but not good.
Should've had the 1st level stayed the same, 2nd level be the tank (made it better to be an actual boss feeling to it), and 3rd being the same except like Kuro Explore when you get 250 you should go after the Train (It already takes way too long to get 500 in Tokyo because you can have bad RNG of never seeing a single Code or maybe just see one in one run)

Yamato: Not bad. Was kinda fun. Not much else I can say about it.

Las Vegas: Where do I fucking start... let me just say as a whole it can fuck off. Worst thing ever.
1. There's no fucking main mission to play which I think is fucking stupid.
2. There's only the Explore Mission and then the Ride Mission which is exactly a fucking Explore Mission with limited drops because you know very damn well the drops from the red gem is not even half of what you would've fucking gotten as drops if the enemies drop it normally... and forced to play it for 10 fucking minutes.
3. As the buildings in there are named... total RNG. I don't want fucking RNG in hoping to fight Optimus Prime or Ms. Mood Slime herself... which she shows up like 2% of the time it seems when I want her and almosr 98% when I don't need her. SH? Good luck... VH? Almost never... Hard and Normal? Every other area I go to usually is her. Makes any collection sheet involving Las Vegas almost a skip for me (or in Zenesis case if I have a sheet for the damn Truck I wait it out until one of the other spots are free and fight Org Blan or EX or Quartz or whatever than HOPE I see the fucking train enough times.
4. Emergency Codes. The best way to break any fun in this fucking area is to make be fly up in the air to ram into Alien Kakwangs that dash all over the place or go even higher up to ram into a giant UFO which the 1st time was fun but the 2nd time it became boring.
5. UFOs. Yeah these fuckers are singled out. They're not hard... they're not challenging... they're literally just an RNG annoyance. They dash all over with no pattern at all which makes anything that isn't a rifle the most annoying thing to fight. It's constant PSO symbols on the ground is annoying as well and their abduction beam is also just as annoying.... while I liked Mario Party out of all of the Mario Parties... there's a reason Nintendo never rerelease that one... UFO...

Mother: She's eh... really boring to me. One of the most boring bosses I've fought. Phase 1 wasn't fun... I don't think I ever had fun ever on that riding device as a whole actually but I might leave a spot for that alone.
Phast 2... blow up the arms... stun... blow up the arms... stun... blow up the arms.... stun... then only when she's at half health is the EQ ever gets decent. No thank you.

Phantom God: First time it was amazing.... after that if it wasn't for the collection sheets I would probably skip it every so often.
UNSKIPPABLE CUTSCENES ARE FUCKING DISGUSTING IN ANY BOSS FIGHT I don't need every fucking form to have some "epic" cutscene that just takes up time off my tickets and just bore me to death after seeing the Hydras climb out of the puddle and then start clip-helling themselves. Really dumb fight because of that. Without all of those cutscenes it would've been really nice.

Rider Machine things I don't give a fuck about to know the name of: Annoying to turn (don't care if I can "alright" with dashing and then turning while pressing X.... or the 180 only turn which is helpful at only certain occasions.) then the slow moving from going up or down and everything else. It's a chore to use which is why those codes in Las Vegas I really find very annoying and then the 1st phase in Mother I never is thrilled to play.
It's like they took the AIS which would be lamborghini tank and then turned it into a card"skate"board (Cardboard Skateboard).

I already hated EP4 when it 1st was introduced and these areas didn't do anything but made me loathe EP4 more. Never do this shit again, Sega. Fucking disgusting.

Altiea
May 25, 2017, 01:14 PM
UFOs: You don't play Boots or Rifle? AHAHAHAHAHA *proceeds to be a bitch for two minutes while having Nova levels of damage sponginess*

I never really had too much of a problem with Illusia farming, mostly because whenever I need to do it I just break out the Dragon Slayer and go play Solo XQ for a half hour.

IchijinKali
May 25, 2017, 01:31 PM
The problem I have with Tokyo and Vegas is the added 'openness' of the maps. Spawns aren't limited as much on where they can go so after they spawn and they didn't aggro more than likely they will just spread out. Can't count the number of times a bird in Tokyo or A FRICKIN UFO in Vegas was quite a ways away from the spawn point just because they fly off all the time.

Any other map besides Kuron that would be just fine considering you are moving towards another area and not stuck on the same map. But even with Kuron you can just move on to another part of the map to find a different spawn site, and hopefully a trial. Vegas and Tokyo on the other hand you are stuck there til they are all dead because point system, and as Altiea pointed out have fun with UFOs if you don't have ranged attacks.

Raid bosses meh attack the weakpoint, dodge the heavy hitting attacks, go crazy during DPS check, and move on. Nothing new, interesting, or worth mentioning when discussing them raid bosses to be a means of getting, sometimes, better gear.

I think I covered everything I wanted to cover, overall episode 4's maps, enemies, and raid bosses are meh. But that seems to be par for the course with this episode. Except for Amuduscia's Ultimate Map that was fun.

[Ayumi]
May 25, 2017, 01:39 PM
The problem I have with Tokyo and Vegas is the added 'openness' of the maps. Spawns aren't limited as much on where they can go so after they spawn and they didn't aggro more than likely they will just spread out. Can't count the number of times a bird in Tokyo or A FRICKIN UFO in Vegas was quite a ways away from the spawn point just because they fly off all the time.

Any other map besides Kuron that would be just fine considering you are moving towards another area and not stuck on the same map. But even with Kuron you can just move on to another part of the map to find a different spawn site, and hopefully a trial. Vegas and Tokyo on the other hand you are stuck there til they are all dead because point system, and as Altiea pointed out have fun with UFOs if you don't have ranged attacks.

Raid bosses meh attack the weakpoint, dodge the heavy hitting attacks, go crazy during DPS check, and move on. Nothing new, interesting, or worth mentioning when discussing them raid bosses to be a means of getting, sometimes, better gear.

I think I covered everything I wanted to cover, overall episode 4's maps, enemies, and raid bosses are meh. But that seems to be par for the course with this episode. Except for Amuduscia's Ultimate Map that was fun.

Or if you have the Tokyo map where you have that little park in the middle of a 4 grid and like 2 enemies in the middle and 4 literally spread out on the side of the grid. Then when you kill those while having to literally run around 4 grids... they load the 2ndd batch on top of those and you need to run the 4 grids again to get them.

Zanverse
May 25, 2017, 01:41 PM
As one of the very few people that actually enjoyed EP4's content, I'll say that my favorite map has got to be Las Vegas. The map itself isn't just one flat area with a few little spots that you can access by jumping like most of the other maps in this game. You can actually fly around onto buildings and explore without having to follow a specific path. (I have a feeling that SEGA made this area and Tokyo knowing that people would want to use them for screenshot purposes.) The enemies are truly and honestly not as "trash" as everyone deems them to be. I like Devil's Trailer, Dulluhan Riders and the three-headed fire doggos. The only enemies I find garbage are the clowns, because they aren't even energetic, nor do they pose much of a threat. Also, UFOs are cunts. The only thing I'm not particularly fond of are the nodes that dictate where the enemies will spawn, but ah well.

ESC-A Darkers and Es Angels are pretty darn cool. People are saying that the ESC-A Darkers are just recolors, but they actually have new moves which can be dangerous if you ignore them. (specifically Platidorus a.k.a. 'Goldrahdas On Ice' )

I also like the music for EP4. Here's my top five favorite;

- Zero-G (Free Field + Train Ghidoran version); probably one of the best BGMs to come out of the episode; I'm not sure what the lyrics are, but everything else about it gives you a sense of "Welcome to Earth, We need your help".

- Borderless; Pure intensity. This song is what motivates me to play Yamato.

- Mother's Moonlight Sonata; Something about the lyrics and the remix of Moonlight Sonata itself captivates me and makes me feel a bit of sadness for Mother...

- Neon Days/Neon Nights; A lot of people dislike these songs because of Runblebee's rapping and singing, but I've been a fan of him since 'Catch Me If You Can' from Sonic Riders, so they're two of my favorite tracks from him. (I've listened to Neon Days so much that I actually deciphered most of the lyrics and the meaning of the song) I wish Riding Quest was active again, so that I can hear them more in-game.

- Gruzoras Drago/Drago Dealeon's Battle; Pretty intense theme with a few parts that pay homage to Quartz and Ex's themes. Gotta love the second phase's introduction.

I can go on and on about the stuff that I like in EP4, but I'm sure others would rather see people trashing and roasting the episode instead of shedding some light on it. :wacko:

Moffen
May 25, 2017, 02:28 PM
Fire KMR

echofaith
May 25, 2017, 02:55 PM
Dont like new maps because of the boring traveling between spawns, them being random(so hunting for a boss is now RNG) and being tied to a point system(making the RNG part even worse). Mother is the only boss I slightly enjoyed, but what killed it was the repetitive first phase with the arms. Last phase is cool though. All other EP 4 bosses have been boring for me.

CF is good, because it kills the RNG part. Problem is how most of the time is tied to EQs, so you basically rely in schedules instead of having the freedom to farm it when you want.
Layer wear turned out to be bad overall. Base being ticket based only serve as a mean to make them less affordable, while the whole idea of giving us more customization falls flat when we still cant change top/bottom setups, or shoes. Thats not to mention many times the outer wear makes you look fat due to the way is programmed.

Liked summoner, because Maron throwing is a thing, class is easy to play, and makes lower difficulty content(Tacos, dailies and such) much simplier to do with minimal effort. Plus it allows for Husu to exists. Epitome of casual which I actually enjoyed c:

Dark Emerald EXE
May 25, 2017, 03:16 PM
Layer wear turned out to be bad overall. Base being ticket based only serve as a mean to make them less affordable, while the whole idea of giving us more customization falls flat when we still cant change top/bottom setups, or shoes. Thats not to mention many times the outer wear makes you look fat due to the way is programmed.

I personally like layer wear the only gripe I have is that inner/base is ticket based.

And while not a issue.....I'd really like if base you could change color of it like Outer....

Cadfael
May 25, 2017, 04:26 PM
Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one that wasn't a fan of the Deus battle. I never thought I'd be standing around waiting for so much time in a climactic battle against a final boss.

Great Pan
May 25, 2017, 06:55 PM
No more DPS check, please. My gears sucked but I wanted to enjoy the fite!

Selphea
May 25, 2017, 08:28 PM
Enemy - too much recycling. We have 4 versions of Goldrahda now which is bordering on ridiculous imo. Also RIP Gu/Ra, i never really knew you.

Map - Tokyo and Vegas with their spawn systems unnecessarily slow down the quest unless they guarantee an ecode per spawn after killing the first wave. Ult Amdu was ok, wish it was designed around 4P though.

Raid mechanics - it's just a dps check! Unless they have some silly add system and debuff mechanic where you need a Hunter to taunt and kite around a bunch of hitscan attack spammers while a Techer heals, and everyone needs to move in a certain pattern to avoid crossing some kind of colored debuff that will wipe the party it's nothing to complain about

Skornedemon
May 25, 2017, 09:01 PM
Enemy - Interesting actually. I do like some of the creativity, it just didn't really belong...

Maps - Tokyo was good, it took a long time for me to like it, but I did end up liking it. Also you can actually hunt the boss of the area due to it having a 'suppression' arks quest, unlike... The other area. Vegas is a terrible map(s). They feel like random slapped together playgrounds that don't flow well for pso2's gameplay.

Raid Bosses - DPS checks are fine, if they're done to not ridiculous standards. At this point in PSO2, if you aren't going full damage, you're doing it wrong. I really don't like that. All the old creative builds are dead, people just slap on a 13* for their class and that's that. I hate the Boat EQ the moment you get on the actual boat and the AIS fight afterwards. Everything is chaotic and not intuitive. The God EQ was better... but is held back by too many cutscenes(that aren't just a camera angle you could just toggle too). My biggest problem is not necessarily Episode 4's fault, but nowadays bosses just crumble within seconds, as abilities combined with the 13* damage potential is not balanced well. There's just too big of a gap for them to balance to. There were days long past when an Ex Dragon would show up, and the 12 Man group would be fighting it for a good minute or two, not a second. Most bosses dont even finish their Intro Animation anymore! Getting sidetracked, I just hope they do better with Episode 5 at this point, and will also ignore the 'Super Boat' EQ coming up.

ews1114
May 25, 2017, 09:15 PM
Flying mobs are one again as annoying to fight, but UFO takes it further by flying away every time you hit it.
Map designs are great, besides how spread out spawns are all the time. You have these mobs on this side of Vegas and you have One lonely mob on the other side of this tall building cuz that was where the spawn indicator was located.
Mother was just a "nuke her or waste time" EQ.
Deus shouldn't even be afraid of light but Sense of Eveeeel makes it so, excited for the next raid boss afraid of light again on EP5!
Deus was also quite buggy as how sometimes the dragon would wiggle itself out and making it unclimbable.
Only three es angel mobs but thats okay, theres enough annoying mobs in EP4.

silo1991
May 25, 2017, 09:34 PM
ok like i said before , for me this was the worst and slacker episode ever ,
first why our earth as a setting ,
2 tokyo and las vegas are really limited , no exploring no chance to choice if fight or run
3 the enemies are too sloth and they did a lot of recycle the normal phantoms are too meh for me ( yamato is the worst) , eesca darkers most of the are just reskins there is no difference of how to kill them or what you should watch out( and you know the phantoms was a lost cause when sega needed to create them) and the angels are the only ones who are acceptable but 3 minions seriously , no valkyries (archers) or death angels (equipped with scythes) and you guys have to admit the basic angel the one with daggers is a reskin of deue solda (winged darker)
4 raids : yamato is fun i can't deny it but the aesthetics of yamato , the amount of laziness is to damn HIGH, mother i liked the 1st and 3rd phase but my main problem is the 2nd one because is tedious and lazy as hell plus if your team don't deal enough damage in time is even more tedious , seriously when PD got a renovation i said my dear come to me im suffering (juan gabriel QUOTE) and deus esca there is a mix opinión i like the concept of him, is the most rescuable aesthetically in my opinion but the way of how was introduced was to forced , in the end sega didn't knew what to do with this mess

[Ayumi]
May 25, 2017, 10:46 PM
Flying mobs are one again as annoying to fight, but UFO takes it further by flying away every time you hit it.
Map designs are great, besides how spread out spawns are all the time. You have these mobs on this side of Vegas and you have One lonely mob on the other side of this tall building cuz that was where the spawn indicator was located.
Mother was just a "nuke her or waste time" EQ.
Deus shouldn't even be afraid of light but Sense of Eveeeel makes it so, excited for the next raid boss afraid of light again on EP5!
Deus was also quite buggy as how sometimes the dragon would wiggle itself out and making it unclimbable.
Only three es angel mobs but thats okay, theres enough annoying mobs in EP4.

WHEN you hit it? I've had times I've tried to Guilty or Dead Approach or other things to it and it fucking dashes away before the hit even connects. I hate those things.

loafhero
May 25, 2017, 11:33 PM
I can definitely say that Mother is the better raid boss than Deus and Yamato.

The reason I see why Mother's last phase seems to be generally liked is because of how aggressive she is in that phase and how often she changes up her movesets to keep things exciting. No more of that tedious rinse and repeat arms phase. She can actually destroy you if you're not paying full attention.

Deus Esca Zephyros suffers from being so sluggish and having mechanics where you have to wait for a few seconds before you can actually do anything to him. As a HU/Fi, I rarely ever have to move around much. I could arrogantly have my character facing away from Deus, and casually Just Guard its big ass sword and lousy punches. Deus is a raid boss that almost never punishes players for getting too cocky. I mean, if you look at this from a plot perspective, knowing how egotistical Deus's host was, all that flash but little substance fits Deus really well but in gameplay, all of that has made Deus fallen lower as a PSO2 raid boss.

Deus cutscene transitions also seem baffling considering that previous raid bosses have had smoother transitions whenever they change forms. Profound Darkness's final form, although took control of the camera away from you, had much smoother transitions.

I think what people prefer more with PSO2's raid bosses is speed.

Hysteria1987
May 26, 2017, 02:45 AM
There was so much I didn't like about Ep4 that I'm gonna gloss over most of it because I don't want to be that guy. Fortunately I don't have too much to say about maps, enemies or raids specifically :P

* Not keen on the areas, which were glorified boxes with other, smaller boxes in them that wouldn't let you escape until you tallied up enough numbers for some reason, or the fact that they couldn't bother to squeeze out some actual quests for Vegas.
* Ironically enough, I can't say I liked that the Ult Amd quest wasn't a free-roaming kill X points type like the other two. To me at least, when Ult Lillipa was released was the most fun time in the game. That said, the aesthetic of Ult Amd is real nice.
* A huge deal of the EQs now are just big bosses over and over again. I want to see more mob-based stuff - VRTD is nice though criminally underscheduled, and I'm glad we got Rainy (though I don't like that it's a corridor- but here's not the space for that...).
* They brought back toy darkers, this time in phantom form :((((( The rest of the phantom darkers are pretty sweet though.

That said, Deus Esca has a nice and different aesthetic, and Mother was a nice fight. I'd like to get away from Earth in the next episode and get back to a proper space adventure though.

Suirano
May 26, 2017, 02:57 PM
Episode 4 was so many mixed feelings.

Maps:
Tokyo was alright but as said before the fact you had to do it multiple times for enemy kills and how the spawns worked kind of sucked. When they lowered the points to 500, I would clear it extremely fast and not even notice I was already close to finishing. I liked that Train Ghidoran had a guaranteed spawn that could easily be handled.

Vegas was the opposite. I really did not care about Las Vegas. The mobs were just odd and annoying, especially the UFOs and the Bikers. Finding Illusia was non-existent minus Solo XQ or RQ and even in RQ, I did plenty of runs where she didn't spawn at all and instead that stupid big UFO kept showing up. I am annoyed Moonbase or Yggdrasil wasn't a free field.

Enemies: Tokyo enemies were alright. Vegas enemies were annoying, ESCA-Darkers were kind of neat I guess. I like Ragnus' design overall even if it enjoys humping towers to death. Angels were underused and I wish they came a bit more.

Raid bosses: I have only viewed Yamato as a grind and nothing more. I guess I am in the minority that didn't really care for the EQ. I would do it randomly out of boredom but it was just eh overall.

Mother to me was the best raid boss of Ep. 4. The rideroid phase is dumb and I don't care for it but I enjoyed the fight. The arms phase goes on for way too long if your MPA isn't a high damage one. The combo attacks of the arms is alright. However, I really loved the final phase because she is so aggressive and you can die at any moment with how hard she hits just keeping up that intensity.

Dues was underwhelming. Even before the nerf was very underwhelming. My favorite bit of the fight is probably Dues Anges more than anything. The abrupt cutscenes are just ridiculous. Dues looks pretty cool but beyond that was just not interesting. It was very flashy to just be flashy and his theme is just not interesting. Was a perfect design to use IDOLA the Fanatic Viper. I have no idea why they didn't.

Although not a raid boss or field boss, the Phaleg fight was fun and a bit different with timing your moves. I liked it.

Overall, Episode 4 was just average. Some good, some bad but nothing really extravagant.

chaoko99
May 27, 2017, 12:29 PM
;3421944']
Phantom God: First time it was amazing.... after that if it wasn't for the collection sheets I would probably skip it every so often.
UNSKIPPABLE CUTSCENES ARE FUCKING DISGUSTING IN ANY BOSS FIGHT I don't need every fucking form to have some "epic" cutscene that just takes up time off my tickets and just bore me to death after seeing the Hydras climb out of the puddle and then start clip-helling themselves. Really dumb fight because of that. Without all of those cutscenes it would've been really nice.

Rider Machine things I don't give a fuck about to know the name of: Annoying to turn (don't care if I can "alright" with dashing and then turning while pressing X.... or the 180 only turn which is helpful at only certain occasions.) then the slow moving from going up or down and everything else.

It does the cutscenes due to a purely technical issue: The engine doesn't let you swap skyboxes cleanly without a loading screen.

Also if you press space and W/S, you can quick dodge up and down.

also turn on automode. It is the superior experience.

Zulastar
May 27, 2017, 04:09 PM
I wish Las Vegas Free's designer to die with a brain cancer. 10 maps withowt Illusia... I HATE RANDOM SPAWNS!

Kondibon
May 27, 2017, 04:59 PM
I wish Las Vegas Free's designer to die with a brain cancer.http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/912/638/d67.jpg

MightyHarken
May 27, 2017, 08:11 PM
I enjoyed some mechanics. I wish we can see another large boss fight like Yamato, but in space, and instead of being a fucking ship, how about a darker worm in space, and manning photon cannons and shit from a ship. I want another accesory slot please

Mattykins
May 27, 2017, 09:35 PM
I do miss the old Free Field mechanic. I was hoping this episode would right some of Ep 3's wrongs, but alas, it made it worse.

Also, as annoying as the field is and stuff, I don't hate Las Vegas mobs aesthetic all that much. The goofy caricatures of Americana gives me Earthbound vibes, and I'm okay with that. The UFOs can do less zipping around tho :c

Kinda holding out in vain for AQs past Ep 2, and for Sega not to ruin them with mpa bullshit. So sick of 12-man quests being the only way to get anything done :c

Ryuhou
May 29, 2017, 05:43 AM
One thing I noticed is that nowadays Free fields have a lot more codes than before, especially with all those NPC codes. Pretty sure it's a lot more codes than we had in ep 3 and I feel like you are more likely to get a code if you have a rare booster running.

Makes it even worse that we only have 3 XH explorations because they almost rival EQs at times.