PDA

View Full Version : EP4: Your Favorite QoL Change!

Altiea
May 25, 2017, 05:24 PM
Arguably the best part about EP4 was the streamlining that we got. Sure, the new content is fairly divisive, but we got stuff like 3-button and mass Tekking!

What's your favorite EP4 quality of life update?

Anduril
May 25, 2017, 05:32 PM
Aside from what you've mentioned, I would say most of the fashion stuff, with the exception of Base and Inner wear being tickets; I love being able to change cosmetic stuff on the fly. Also, collection sheets come in at a close second just because I have really bad luck when it comes to drops, and these allowed me to get good gear for all my characters.

Xaeris
May 25, 2017, 05:34 PM
There's a lot to choose from. Salon options in the lobby, free storage expansion, mass tekk/recycle...but I don't think anything really beats 3-button. Absolutely transformative change that was.

final_attack
May 25, 2017, 05:45 PM
Front S Roll ._.

Evangelion X.XX
May 25, 2017, 05:48 PM
For sure, 3-Button Action Configuration.

And then the next would be, Character Storage (pretty much have Alts store all kinds of Junk), Inventory Expansion, pretty much just Storage Expansion Overall; ever since this was implemented, I stopped getting Premium frequently, and only get it occasionally, or during times like Boost Week when I do massive affixing, buying, selling, and "Spring Cleaning" of assets.

echofaith
May 25, 2017, 05:59 PM
I totally forgot about this, and is actually a super good change. Definitely one of the top changes for me. And while I do hate the ticket system for base wears, I do enjoy being able to change them anytime without wasting inventory space. Ideal system would had been having them being account bound instead of character bound, just like lobby actions.

[Ayumi]
May 25, 2017, 06:08 PM
Maybe the mass selecting of things... that's about it.
I'm 100% disappointed in layered clothes and I really hate 3-button controls with how they're set up as if they were just simply done in the way things were for Ranger and Force as it was for let's say Gunner where I just put a PA somewhere and decided when I want to use it then I could be fine.
But to have to set every button (Even my dodge) leaves me with not having enough buttons to set it up how I want.
So I'm still on the old button set up.

Great Pan
May 25, 2017, 06:47 PM
Phasions. That's all.

Cadfael
May 25, 2017, 06:59 PM
Was "My Set" this episode? If so, then that.

nguuuquaaa
May 25, 2017, 07:18 PM
Nothing beats 3-button.

XykeVayaris
May 25, 2017, 11:55 PM
The option to turn off rare drop notification from party members. Those thing clogs up the chat box and keeps appearing even if I've already left the party and returned to lobby.

3-button has been praised multiple times so i don't think there's anything else I'll have to add on to it. Definitely one of the best next to the featured mentioned earlier.

CF and NT grinding did encourage me to take up more weapons too.

And definitely have to give thumbs to the layering wear, gone are the days where punish jacket looks awesome but that hideous shirt underneath disrupts the look.

loafhero
May 26, 2017, 01:22 AM
3 button option. My other mouse buttons have never been so happy.

Mass selecting is nice too.

HardBoiledPapa
May 26, 2017, 01:57 AM
3 button layout - no need to dedicate a weapon slot just for spamming the same PA.
My Set - very useful specially if you change class a lot and you can even change class anywhere with a few exceptions.
Pause boost effect - no need for your char to be stuck because you've used all those rare boosts and just waiting for Boss Raids.

Ether
May 26, 2017, 02:05 AM
Gotta be mass tekking for me, I used to honestly dread EQs because it would take nearly another half an hour to tek everything, now you just select all, tek, select all, excube, it's glorious

Hysteria1987
May 26, 2017, 02:50 AM
+1 for 3-button, mass tekking and layered fashions.

Didn't really like much of the content of Ep4 at all but the mechanics were spot on.

IchijinKali
May 26, 2017, 06:48 AM
Lets see.

Mass trade-ins/untekking, MySet chat commands, My Fashion, CFs, Rings, Mass CO accepting, NT, Character Storage, Access to clothing in character storage while in salon, and Bonus Quests.

RadiantLegend
May 26, 2017, 07:17 AM
Lets see.

Mass trade-ins/untekking, MySet, My Fashion, CFs, Rings, Mass CO accepting, NT, Character Storage, Access to clothing in character storage while in salon, and Bonus Quests.

I must have missed that. Your list + 3 button layout.

Anduril
May 26, 2017, 08:46 AM
You guys,My Set was actually added with Ep3, though they did add the My Set chat shortcuts in Ep4.

TehCubey
May 26, 2017, 11:18 AM
;3421971']I really hate 3-button controls with how they're set up as if they were just simply done in the way things were for Ranger and Force as it was for let's say Gunner where I just put a PA somewhere and decided when I want to use it then I could be fine.
But to have to set every button (Even my dodge) leaves me with not having enough buttons to set it up how I want.
So I'm still on the old button set up.

2-button controls: preassigned buttons for normal attack and shift action + 3 PA slots
3-button controls: 6 customizable slots, one used for normal attack, one for shift action = 4 slots left for PAs

Not enough buttons?

Altiea
May 26, 2017, 11:53 AM
2-button controls: preassigned buttons for normal attack and shift action + 3 PA slots
3-button controls: 6 customizable slots, one used for normal attack, one for shift action = 4 slots left for PAs

Not enough buttons?

Possibly using a control scheme where he only has access to two buttons, which is rare, but possible.

Remz69
May 26, 2017, 12:01 PM
3 button is not a QoL change, it has too big an impact to fall under quality of life

jooozek
May 26, 2017, 12:15 PM
auto-loot of 13* and boost pause equally

Anduril
May 26, 2017, 12:41 PM

Not enough buttons?
Don't forget, you can also assign a dedicated Weapon Action button even when using 3-button, thus freeing up an extra PA slot; though, this could cause more issues with the number of buttons available.

[Ayumi]
May 26, 2017, 07:32 PM

Not enough buttons?

If I could PSO1 and have the B button set to confirm/pickup/use 3rd PA slot then yeah I would have enough. with the 3 button setting I'm missing a button as every single button is used right now for my set up in the 2 button set up. I have nothing that I can free up for the 3 button set up at all.

Flaoc
May 26, 2017, 08:43 PM
3 button setup.. melee has never been so enjoyable to play as it is now compared to before
mass untekk - well that saves a lot of time doing that crap
changes to how the recycle shop is handled (mass cubing.. wait was that ep4 or ep3?)
auto loot 13/14* and disable party member rare drop notifications - nuff said
skill rings - sure they werent implemented in the best way but the abilities they offer.. i just cant go back to not having them (12* units are amazing) complete gamechanger and 2nd to 3 button in quality of life
edit: oh right boost pause extending the life of triboosters i use now

unfortunately ep4 itself was meh but cannot deny the quality of life it offered

Altiea
May 26, 2017, 10:34 PM
;3422057']If I could PSO1 and have the B button set to confirm/pickup/use 3rd PA slot then yeah I would have enough. with the 3 button setting I'm missing a button as every single button is used right now for my set up in the 2 button set up. I have nothing that I can free up for the 3 button set up at all.

Assigning multiple functions to the same button in combat sounds like a bad idea... I can't count how many times I got killed in Vita version because I was trying to dodge and accidentally picked up loot instead.

[Ayumi]
May 26, 2017, 10:39 PM
Assigning multiple functions to the same button in combat sounds like a bad idea... I can't count how many times I got killed in Vita version because I was trying to dodge and accidentally picked up loot instead.

Only problem I see would be on the pick up but not confirming which only happens either in lobby or menus.
IF we had button set up for combat and lobby then that would be a different story.

Altiea
May 26, 2017, 10:49 PM
;3422064']Only problem I see would be on the pick up but not confirming which only happens either in lobby or menus.
IF we had button set up for combat and lobby then that would be a different story.

What setup are you using, by the way? I also thought I wouldn't have enough space on my controller, but I figured I could make do by moving Dodge to R2, Confirm to L2, Subpalette Select to R3, TPS Camera to L3, and axing Auto-Run.

[Ayumi]
May 26, 2017, 10:56 PM
What setup are you using, by the way? I also thought I wouldn't have enough space on my controller, but I figured I could make do by moving Dodge to R2, Confirm to L2, Subpalette Select to R3, TPS Camera to L3, and axing Auto-Run.

L1 Lock-on, L2 for palette, R1 shift, R2 Dodge, L3 Never use (Has Quick Menu), R3 Close Camera, A Jump, X attack, Y PA, B pickup/confirm, Start menu, select pop-up map, D-Pad palettes.

Rather not have anything on L3 as I never liked having a button on the stick I need to move with as that can get very very messy.

HardBoiledPapa
May 27, 2017, 12:16 AM
;3422068']L1 Lock-on, L2 for palette, R1 shift, R2 Dodge, L3 Never use (Has Quick Menu), R3 Close Camera, A Jump, X attack, Y PA, B pickup/confirm, Start menu, select pop-up map, D-Pad palettes.

Rather not have anything on L3 as I never liked having a button on the stick I need to move with as that can get very very messy.

Your only choice there imo is to sacrifice that pop up map for something else since the standard number of buttons for controllers is 12. You also have to get used to the changes now instead of not doing anything. I tell you i've been there and having to change to what you're used to can be frustrating at times but the end result is worth it.

[Ayumi]
May 27, 2017, 02:51 AM
Your only choice there imo is to sacrifice that pop up map for something else since the standard number of buttons for controllers is 12. You also have to get used to the changes now instead of not doing anything. I tell you i've been there and having to change to what you're used to can be frustrating at times but the end result is worth it.

I'm pretty sure a PA on Select really wouldn't be efficient though.

emanresuj
May 27, 2017, 11:23 AM
;3422068']L1 Lock-on, L2 for palette, R1 shift, R2 Dodge, L3 Never use (Has Quick Menu), R3 Close Camera, A Jump, X attack, Y PA, B pickup/confirm, Start menu, select pop-up map, D-Pad palettes.

please don't be upset at this unsolicited solution,

but!

i know you don't like having anything on L3, but that's actually one of the most important buttons on the controller, to me at least. that said, i would probably move pickup/confirm from b to L3. most confirm animations lock your character in place anyway (e.g. terminals, npc's) so that's not really a conflict with the motion of left stick, or could be pretty useful when running (quickly picking up items on the move) so actually complementing the motion of the left stick. also, i made this decision because pickup/confirm is usually a non combat action with zero animation on its own, so accidentally pressing it in the heat of battle would not harm you in the least (at least, not more so than having the quick menu pop up in say... mining base). admittedly, it may take a little time to get used to. i'd recommended at least trying because...

... that would allow you to move palette from L2 to b. i'm guessing "palette" is using the currently highlighted item in the subpalette at screen bottom. if so, a face button is a pretty nice fit! if you try it, i really think you'd end up liking that change. since one will almost never use a subpalette item and attack at literally the same time, i think it's ok to move that from a shoulder button like L2, and if such a need arises, it's really easy to push two face buttons at once... maybe? i don't know button proximities on xbox controller :(

and if you can make both the above changes (please, please try; don't take my word, but it really is worth it...)

now your L2 is free for the 3 button mode's pa toggle button thingy. i've begun calling it the ura-palette like a friend of mine, but basically the button that lets one use the second set of PA's (leave this set to "hold"). if you put that on L2, you can keep all your attack buttons the same and lose virtually zero muscle memory AND get 3 button mode.

this is how it would work:
currently, your...
X is attack
Y is PA
R1 is shift action
you will not need to change any of these buttons to now use 3 button mode —

you would leave X as attack, Y as PA 1, but the slot in the first half of your new three button weapon palette that aligns with R1 you would set to shift action (second option from the top in the PA selection menu, looks really defaulty). then in the second half of the weapon palette, you would go PA2, PA3, and R1 can now be PA4, or w/e.

if this is obvious and easy to understand, please forgive the terrible diagram to follow:
2 button:
(for example)
[attack][pa][pa][pa] or xyyy

3 button:
(for example)
first half works just like 2 button; second half is where the fun begins
.......first half..........||..second half (L2)
[attack][pa 1][shift]||[pa 2][pa 3][pa 4]
.....x........y.......r1........x.......y........r 1
then you just hold L2 and pick x y or r1 to get whichever pa you want from the second half, whenever you want it and without having to tediously wade through combos to get to the one pa you want right this moment: pa2, pa3, or pa4. some people would put shift action (again) on the L2 half, but i'd recommend against this.

Kondibon
May 27, 2017, 04:50 PM
If you don't mind using a 3rd party program, and doing a bit of setup, joy to key is worth using. I got tired of toggle functionality and started using it ages ago. My setup might be a bit weird to get used to (interacting is both bumpers and B for example), But it can give you access to most of the important functionality without needing to cycle through weapon or sub palettes. https://www.dropbox.com/s/15g85cr632gwew6/PSO2%20MK3.cfg?dl=0

I can make a controller map of how I use it if you're interested.

MightyHarken
May 27, 2017, 08:09 PM
We need 5 accesories, please.