PDA

View Full Version : My Idea for an Episode 5 Intro

MightyHarken
May 31, 2017, 06:49 PM
*Open link to get into the story* (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6Ufyp3F4tU)

5 Years after the events of the Profound darkness, the arks fleet has detected new life signals from a distant universe, upon deepening themselves into the new galaxy, many of the ships started failing and were lost in space, except for one ship which had been pulled into the gravitational force of a desertic planet.

Now the Arks ship is stranded in an unknown planet, our heros soon discover their surroundings are filled by photon energy eating maggots and alien predator life forms who are invulnerable to conventional weapons. dozens of research groups have gone to investigate the surrounding areas but none have returned and none respond to the operators.

Our MC´s quest is divided in two things; The first one is to search for signs of the research teams, and the second one is to complete the mission assigned to the previous arks; "Investigate the depths of the planet and look for any clues as to what´s going on so we can have a better position in this dire situation.

E trials:

"Escape".
Giant predators will hunt arks and devour them, avoid combat at all costs since they´re invunerable to damage.

"Extermination"
Destroy all surrounding maggots before they feed on your photon energy. (Failing to win the trial will drain your PP to 0 for 5 minutes)

1st field: "Dreaded Forest".

Area Boss: Giant darker worm. (will leave attacks and abilities to your imagination).

Lol, just my wish for episode 5. Or a similar story. :P

Kondibon
May 31, 2017, 08:08 PM
I'd just like to point out that the Profound Darkness problem hasn't been solved. Just put on hold while we do filler earth stuff.

Altiea
May 31, 2017, 08:18 PM
I'd just like to point out that the Profound Darkness problem hasn't been solved. Just put on hold while we do filler earth stuff.

The game needs an excuse to keep having raid boss fights. If they killed off PD, then it would make no sense to keep fighting it story-wise.

Kondibon
May 31, 2017, 08:40 PM
The game needs an excuse to keep having raid boss fights. If they killed off PD, then it would make no sense to keep fighting it story-wise.It's immediately brought up that Xiao is trying to find a more permanent solution to PD. I know what you mean, but I don't think they would bring that up without it coming up later.

MightyHarken
May 31, 2017, 08:51 PM
I´m just dying for a good story, lol. I only hope Sega delivers this time.

loafhero
May 31, 2017, 10:03 PM
I'm a sucker for a "stranded in an unknown world" premise.

blkbox11
May 31, 2017, 10:29 PM
A forced, edgy survival setup not unlike a horror game? And that immediately equates to a good story?

This is why I'm glad the English community has no influence on this game's direction.

Mattykins
May 31, 2017, 10:35 PM
Nah, Harken is a special kind of edgy.

Phantom Rain
May 31, 2017, 10:44 PM
that whole premise sounds a lot like Phantasy Star Nova

Altiea
May 31, 2017, 10:44 PM
*Open link to get into the story* (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6Ufyp3F4tU)

5 Years after the events of the Profound darkness, the arks fleet has detected new life signals from a distant universe, upon deepening themselves into the new galaxy, many of the ships started failing and were lost in space, except for one ship which had been pulled into the gravitational force of a desertic planet.

Now the Arks ship is stranded in an unknown planet, our heros soon discover their surroundings are filled by photon energy eating maggots and alien predator life forms who are invulnerable to conventional weapons. dozens of research groups have gone to investigate the surrounding areas but none have returned and none respond to the operators.

Our MC´s quest is divided in two things; The first one is to search for signs of the research teams, and the second one is to complete the mission assigned to the previous arks; "Investigate the depths of the planet and look for any clues as to what´s going on so we can have a better position in this dire situation.

E trials:

"Escape".
Giant predators will hunt arks and devour them, avoid combat at all costs since they´re invunerable to damage.

"Extermination"
Destroy all surrounding maggots before they feed on your photon energy. (Failing to win the trial will drain your PP to 0 for 5 minutes)

1st field: "Dreaded Forest".

Area Boss: Giant darker worm. (will leave attacks and abilities to your imagination).

Lol, just my wish for episode 5. Or a similar story. :P

What the hell, this is literally the Phantasy Star Nova plot.

blkbox11
May 31, 2017, 10:48 PM
Nah, Harken is a special kind of edgy.

Not the first time I've seen this kind of suggestion. It can't all be one guy.

Thankfully, the ones I've seen for PSO2 are not as bad as the ideas about, say, Warframe. And there, the devs, being English speakers, actually listen to people's suggestions.

that whole premise sounds a lot like Phantasy Star Nova

Glad someone else mentioned it. But even that wasn't as dire a situation as TC's.

TehCubey
May 31, 2017, 11:07 PM
"Impossible to beat giant enemies what kill you" does not automatically a good story make. It does however make for a very frustrating one.

loafhero
May 31, 2017, 11:12 PM
"Impossible to beat giant enemies what kill you" does not automatically a good story make. It does however make for a very frustrating one.

You mean, the Gehl Wulfs emergency trial?

Great Pan
May 31, 2017, 11:13 PM
Wee want more dark, edgy, gritty story.And the bad guy wins too!

loafhero
May 31, 2017, 11:19 PM
Wee want more dark, edgy, gritty story.And the bad guy wins too!

Soo, EP1?

TehCubey
May 31, 2017, 11:20 PM
You mean, the Gehl Wulfs emergency trial?

Umm, yes? That trial is annoying as balls and I'm pretty sure that's not exactly a minority opinion here.

Also some variations let you blast the wulfs with a photon cannon so they're not so unkillable after all.

Great Pan
May 31, 2017, 11:30 PM
Soo, EP1?

Dark Souls.

ralf542
Jun 1, 2017, 01:58 AM
And where is Matoi and Aika? If they are not present in the story then SEGA should stay with EP4.

Meteor Weapon
Jun 1, 2017, 02:45 AM
Aika's existence in ep4 makes no difference lol, she was just...there...hanging out in the bridge starring into the abyss and not putting any effort to stop mama barging into the bridge

ralf542
Jun 1, 2017, 03:05 AM
Aika's existence in ep4 makes no difference lol, she was just...there...hanging out in the bridge starring into the abyss and not putting any effort to stop mama barging into the bridge

At least she is/was there unlike Matoi at the start from EP4.

Altiea
Jun 1, 2017, 03:29 AM
Aika more or less exists exclusively to make the anime relevant to the story to some degree, even though it's entire effect on the main story was "Matoi won't show up until Chapter 4". So her character doesn't really have any direction as it stands.

loafhero
Jun 1, 2017, 04:23 AM
At least she is/was there unlike Matoi at the start from EP4.

That's because Matoi was stuck in extended cryo sleep, mainly because she absorbed most of the darker energy away from Aika. Not only did that save Aika's life but its also the reason why Aika's cryo sleep period was much shorter. Short enough to appear earlier in EP4. There wouldn't be Aika in EP4 if it wasn't for Matoi.

Also, Matoi fought Aratron and Herbert alone while the ship was being invaded by Mother Cluster. What did Aika do during then?... Yeah, nothing.

Meteor Weapon
Jun 1, 2017, 04:32 AM
Actually, Matoi got out faster than us, she just didn't have a chance to meet because earth bullshit and yadayada. Aika never got cryo sleep in the first place iirc.

loafhero
Jun 1, 2017, 04:37 AM
Actually, Matoi got out faster than us, she just didn't have a chance to meet because earth bullshit and yadayada. Aika never got cryo sleep in the first place iirc.

Specifically, Matoi was put into cryo sleep twice. The first time after EP3 where she later got out earlier than Player, hence her appearance in the anime. The second time being the result of the end of the anime.

I guess to be fair (looking back at [043-E]), Aika never actually says she was put into cryo sleep. She just said that it took her half a year to recover from that event and that she couldn't move all that well until she finished her recovery.

Meteor Weapon
Jun 1, 2017, 07:36 AM
I'm still wondering what was she doing going back to earth meeting up with the two main anime characters. Just to meet with them i guess.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 1, 2017, 07:44 AM
Might wanna add (Speculation/Topic) in the subject title.......click bait other wise....

unless of course.....that was your goal all along :o

loafhero
Jun 1, 2017, 09:16 AM
I'm still wondering what was she doing going back to earth meeting up with the two main anime characters. Just to meet with them i guess.

I can already imagine that Aika was busy making character songs nobody cares about on Earth with the other two anime protagonists for the remainder of EP4's story.

Alenoir
Jun 1, 2017, 12:09 PM
I can already imagine that Aika was busy making character songs nobody cares about on Earth with the other two anime protagonists for the remainder of EP4's story.

What. All they have to do is poke a button on that song writing machine that's been going on since chara song CD #1 and it will write the song/lyrics for them. No human work required other than singing. (Lore-wise, anyways.)

yoshiblue
Jun 1, 2017, 06:23 PM
Episode 5: We have to go back to Earth, to save them from one of their animes. Ends with an Evangelion tier boss battle.

MightyHarken
Jun 1, 2017, 06:45 PM
Might wanna add (Speculation/Topic) in the subject title.......click bait other wise....

unless of course.....that was your goal all along :o

The title literally says "My idea for episode 5" lol.

Cyber Meteor
Jun 1, 2017, 07:04 PM
It was "Episode 5 Intro" before, when Dark Emerald EXE made this post :p, now it's changed to what you see now

DeadEscape
Jun 1, 2017, 11:57 PM
It was "Episode 5 Intro" before, when Dark Emerald EXE made this post :p, now it's changed to what you see now
No proof no talk, now piss off.

Altiea
Jun 1, 2017, 11:59 PM

Can confirm. This thread WAS called "Episode 5 Intro" a few days ago.

Xaeris
Jun 2, 2017, 12:43 AM
I'll vouch for that as well.

Ether
Jun 2, 2017, 01:34 AM

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:2lZa-mndQyYJ:www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php%3F237246-Episode-5-Intro+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 2, 2017, 02:35 AM

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:2lZa-mndQyYJ:www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php%3F237246-Episode-5-Intro+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cj3-oypUUAET_eQ.jpg

blkbox11
Jun 2, 2017, 03:03 AM
Nuked.

MightyHarken
Jun 2, 2017, 04:20 PM
Lol, My bad. But thanks Emerald for correcting the name of the title. Didn´t mean for it to be missleading. Just wanted to share my intro for EP5. I may not be the best writer, but I think MMO´s should always concentrate on a setting, rather than a story like a Persona game or a Fire emblem.

I also didn´t know this was the premise for Nova as I never played it before. Calls my attention, but I don´t know any japanes and not willing to go through the effort of ever playing it/wasting money on a vita.

arokidaaron
Jun 2, 2017, 04:34 PM
IIRC AIDA's team had an english patch working for Nova, i think it was posted at reddit months ago, and it linked to gba temp.

Altiea
Jun 2, 2017, 05:46 PM
Lol, My bad. But thanks Emerald for correcting the name of the title. Didn´t mean for it to be missleading. Just wanted to share my intro for EP5. I may not be the best writer, but I think MMO´s should always concentrate on a setting, rather than a story like a Persona game or a Fire emblem.

I also didn´t know this was the premise for Nova as I never played it before. Calls my attention, but I don´t know any japanes and not willing to go through the effort of ever playing it/wasting money on a vita.

Basically, there's an ARKS Ship known as "Delta Valiant" that works for a subunit of ARKS known as the "ARKS Special Planetary Exploration Division", or "Alter". They discover a planet named Machia, but are shot down and crash land on the surface, and they're stranded.

Machia has no Photons; it instead has an energy source called Gran (it's later revealed that the Gigantes turn Photons into Gran), and without Photons, ARKS is pretty screwed, until you (the player) and your buddy Lutina meet a girl named Juno who grants them the power to use Gran (thus the terms GP instead of PP and Gran Arts instead of Photon Arts). You are now tasked with finding parts to rebuild the Delta Valiant and get the hell off Machia, a task which is complicated by the Gigantes, towering, armored, well equipped (with tons and tons of guns) beasts that inhabit Machia and have secret ties to its past.

Oh, and there are Gran Darkers, but they don't do much besides killing your captain at the beginning of the game. They're like regular Darkers, but they've been mutated by the Gran, so now they're weak to Gran (and you get some neat variants, like G Zeshrydha, who's a pint-sized version of Zeshy, and G Dark Ragne).

loafhero
Jun 2, 2017, 10:50 PM
I may not be the best writer, but I think MMO´s should always concentrate on a setting, rather than a story like a Persona game or a Fire emblem.

I dunno. A developed setting is nice and all but if the characters in it aren't, it just feels really empty aka EP4's story.

MMO's like Final Fantasy XIV for example is very story-driven and its received glowing reviews for its story in the current expansion while still delivering a very detailed and developed lore for its setting.

ralf542
Jun 3, 2017, 02:44 AM
Really empty aka EP4's story.

MMO's like Final Fantasy XIV for example is very story-driven and its received glowing reviews for its story in the current expansion while still delivering a very detailed and developed lore for its setting.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/Q4MjUu5.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

loafhero
Jun 4, 2017, 05:56 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/Q4MjUu5.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ah, so you've picked that up from the FFXIV reddit, eh?

silo1991
Jun 4, 2017, 07:18 PM
from my point of view i wanted the arks meets an alien race which are like the protoss , they have the same goal against the darkers but , the burn/destroy any world tainted by them or...

and alien race that knows how to control the darkers and aesthetically looks similar to black doom from shadow the hedgehog game. plus all their technology revolves around the darkers and also they are the back up plan of double (plus they see her as a goddess )