PDA

View Full Version : New Class for Ep. 5: HERO class (discuss and thoughts)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

diamondx
Jun 10, 2017, 01:09 AM
what do yall think about this next class hero?

Altiea
Jun 10, 2017, 01:11 AM
It's literally Buster from Phantasy Star Nova armed with a big Gunlance-sized magic sword.

loafhero
Jun 10, 2017, 01:16 AM
Pretty cool. After the shitstorm over how ugly cutesy the Summoner is, I'm glad we're getting a more badass looking class again.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Hero class trainer NPC is somehow related to Huey.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 10, 2017, 01:17 AM
for later use/more info on the class:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?237265-Hero-Class-Discussion

loafhero
Jun 10, 2017, 01:20 AM
for later use/more info on the class:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?237265-Hero-Class-Discussion

Huh, okay. I'll switch to this thread instead.

ArcaneTechs
Jun 10, 2017, 01:24 AM
Huh, okay. I'll switch to this thread instead.
its ok bro, i did post the vid if you wanna watch it again

KingSasuke
Jun 10, 2017, 01:39 AM
Looks awesome and OP as hell lol on a serious note it has tmgs so I am sold.

ZerotakerZX
Jun 10, 2017, 04:07 AM
It's literally Buster from Phantasy Star Nova armed with a big Gunlance-sized magic sword.

Just read my thoughts

Mattykins
Jun 10, 2017, 04:16 AM
Anyone got that trailer for Hero they just showed?

nguuuquaaa
Jun 10, 2017, 04:17 AM
No subclass > I can't go TE/HE ~> fuck SEGA.
Otherwise sword seems to have quite big damage.

Meteor Weapon
Jun 10, 2017, 04:20 AM
Hero class seems pretty broken enough to even get a subclass/be a subclass.

Poyonche
Jun 10, 2017, 04:21 AM
EP 5 Hero info. Will update this post as it comes out.

Before that balance change stuff will be posted online later the day. Guard Stance Advance main class only.

One Lv75+ strike and ranged and tech class (HU/FI/BO, RA/GU/BR, FO/TE/SU) to become hero. Need title. No subclass for Hero. Probably no subclass for any advance classes period.

Weapons have entirely different actions when used by Hero. Weapon change PA. Sword weapon action kamehameha. TMG action gun spin for PP regen, talis weapon action fast travel. DPS what is going on.

Sword weapon action shoots out fire balls, you can charge it up to do kamehameha instead. Hero TMG normal attack uses PP too, weapon action called Reload, gun spin to regen PP. High speed step instead of dive roll. There are ways to regen PP faster but that will be introduced to us later, not now. Long hold talis weapon action to put down a marking, then quick travel to it. As a Hero talis have PAs. Not sure if you can do tech.

Other info not mentioned that will be revealed later.

Keyword 五周年おめでとう

No subclass for Hero

Mattykins
Jun 10, 2017, 04:24 AM
As far as I know, Hero can have a subclass, but it can't BE a subclass.

Meteor Weapon
Jun 10, 2017, 04:25 AM
So just need title right? Not Lv75 of said class on 1 character since my alt characters doesn't main that 1 class.

Poyonche
Jun 10, 2017, 04:28 AM
As far as I know, Hero can have a subclass, but it can't BE a subclass.

Oh this ? It may be cool then.
(FI or BR subclass again ?)

Mattykins
Jun 10, 2017, 04:32 AM
Iunno, we got some people saying one thing and some saying another. I'm under the impression that it just can't be a subclass, but if it can't have one, then someone correct me.

escarlata
Jun 10, 2017, 04:32 AM
According to their tweet (https://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/873465863004749825/photo/1)
You just need the title for having 75 in each of the 3 classes, to clear the CO to create it.
Also, the tweet mentions that Hero is main exclusive and not available as sub, probably meaning that you can still sub /Fi

final_attack
Jun 10, 2017, 04:39 AM
According to their tweet (https://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/873465863004749825/photo/1)
You just need the title for having 75 in each of the 3 classes, to clear the CO to create it.
Also, the tweet mentions that Hero is main exclusive and not available as sub, probably meaning that you can still sub /Fi

Oh, so, if I Lv75'ed Te on my alt, my main that only have Lv20 Te can also get the Hero class?

My main only have Gu,Hu to 80, Lv75 Ra, 1 Lv40, 1 Lv20, others, under 10. My alt have all classes to 75 (at least) ._.

Oh, right, it's possible to make Hero class with Hu, Gu, and Te only, right? :o 1 for each type?

Saagonsa
Jun 10, 2017, 04:40 AM
From the trailer, there was something that popped up when they chose Hero as a main class, and mentioned subclasses, and then supposedly the subclass part of the menu got greyed out when they accepted it. It might be related to the fact that Hero also had a lv30 cap while everything else was at lv75, so it might have its own Koffie COs. Not sure though.

Mattykins
Jun 10, 2017, 04:45 AM
Well, if someone can get us that trailer, we'd be golden :T

escarlata
Jun 10, 2017, 04:50 AM
Their phrasing in the tweet is actually pretty ambiguous - サブクラス設定は不可 which just means subclass-setting is not possible
It probably make sense that subclass cannot be set, considering they won't need to have a confirmation window if you can actually sub other classes.

Trailer would confirm everything tho.

Mattykins
Jun 10, 2017, 04:51 AM
I mean, if it has no subclass, I'm assuming it'll be balanced with that in mind, and it would cut the required grinding to make the class good in half, so not the worst thing if it's true?

escarlata
Jun 10, 2017, 04:54 AM
Probably their solution to everyone subbing /hu & /gu to everything :-P

[Ayumi]
Jun 10, 2017, 05:01 AM
Probably their solution to everyone subbing /hu & /gu to everything :-P

Hey! I don't always to everything!

Hu/Fi
Fi/Hu
Ra/Hu
Gu/Hu
Fo/Te
Te/Fo
Br/Hu
Bo/Hu
Su/Fi

Moffen
Jun 10, 2017, 05:02 AM
;3423036']Hey! I don't always to everything!

Hu/Fi
Fi/Hu
Ra/Hu
Gu/Hu
Fo/Te
Te/Fo
Br/Hu
Bo/Hu
Su/Fi

So basically vanilla meta LUUL

Mattykins
Jun 10, 2017, 05:02 AM
http://i.imgur.com/a1mTzEv.png
Dug through the stream history. Subclass did in fact grey out when He was selected.

Confirmed: Hero cannot have a subclass

loafhero
Jun 10, 2017, 05:20 AM
Wait, Hero's max level is 30?

Mattykins
Jun 10, 2017, 05:24 AM
Huh, I didn't notice that D: I wonder if it has its own cap COs...

arokidaaron
Jun 10, 2017, 05:37 AM
the video showed a level 75 hero so it probably has a separate cap CO

Alenoir
Jun 10, 2017, 05:46 AM
Hero both don't have a subclass AND can't become a subclass.

Atmius
Jun 10, 2017, 05:57 AM
Unless they're separate titles to unlock hero rather than the existing class x 75 cap titles (hell, even if that is the case), for being 75/75 hu/fi, Ashe doesn't have any of the class cap unlocks set. I see it being likely given that it's a test server, that the regular co's aren't actually complete resulting in the oddity you see there.

Ezodagrom
Jun 10, 2017, 06:11 AM
Where?
The parts that showed Hero had no UI, the part that has a lvl 75 char is just a Hunter.

RadiantLegend
Jun 10, 2017, 06:41 AM
Guess I need to change my plans and save my catalyst for sword, twin mechs, and talis.

Tymek
Jun 10, 2017, 08:13 AM
what do yall think about this next class hero?

One-handed Swords. I'm love.

http://i.imgur.com/a1mTzEv.png
Dug through the stream history. Subclass did in fact grey out when He was selected.

Confirmed: Hero cannot have a subclass

rip

arokidaaron
Jun 10, 2017, 08:50 AM
Where?
The parts that showed Hero had no UI, the part that has a lvl 75 char is just a Hunter.

https://youtu.be/KX9pk7jGjsU?t=169

Basically the part where they demonstrate the class on the bosses.

Ezodagrom
Jun 10, 2017, 09:28 AM
https://youtu.be/KX9pk7jGjsU?t=169

Basically the part where they demonstrate the class on the bosses.
Oh, didn't know about that trailer, only had seen the Ep5 reveal one.

FantasyHeaven
Jun 10, 2017, 09:55 AM
I don't see any reason to play the old classes tbh

Abonimus
Jun 10, 2017, 09:55 AM
Soooo lvl75 striking / ranged / tech all on one character to be able to get hero or can it be on 3 separate characters ? XD

Altiea
Jun 10, 2017, 09:57 AM
Soooo lvl75 striking / ranged / tech all on one character to be able to get hero or can it be on 3 separate characters ? XD

They're Titles, so it can be on different characters.

morkie
Jun 10, 2017, 10:05 AM
that hero sword use, and do charging are like end attraction PA
seems like i gonna choose sword hero weapon to use that can feel im using like ranger thing

loafhero
Jun 10, 2017, 10:11 AM
One-handed Swords. I'm love.

I think there's still some two-handed animations but a Hero class character is simply treated as being so monstrously strong (befitting of an upper-tier class) that they can swing around a great sword with one hand faster than a Hunter... and can apparently counter attack on a JG like a Braver.

Rayden
Jun 10, 2017, 10:29 AM
So... What's stopping a Hero from using a Lind Cray sword to get the +20% damage from Sacrifice Bite?

Selphea
Jun 10, 2017, 10:40 AM
Sega's banhammer :wacko:

Altiea
Jun 10, 2017, 10:46 AM
Actually kinda wondering what would happen if you gave Dragon Slayer to Hero.

Asellus
Jun 10, 2017, 10:47 AM
I think people are going to stumble around with this one. How many players can say they play all three weapon types with finesse? And how many players are affixed for hybrid offense? I'm sure a lot of people will play hero but how many will be good at it? Personally I think very few.

[Ayumi]
Jun 10, 2017, 10:57 AM
I think people are going to stumble around with this one. How many players can say they play all three weapon types with finesse? And how many players are affixed for hybrid offense? I'm sure a lot of people will play hero but how many will be good at it? Personally I think very few.

Seeing the only classes I pretty much like in PSO2 are Gu, Hu, and Fo, it seems like a match made in heaven for me.
But yeah my gear isn't prepared for it whatsoever.

loafhero
Jun 10, 2017, 11:00 AM
Wait, was it confirmed that Heroes can use regular Swords, TMGs and Talis? I was under the impression that Heroes get their own weapons just like other classes and that Hero weapons are a transforming weapon which would explain how the class could seamlessly transition between weapons during combos without suffering weapon change lag.

Selphea
Jun 10, 2017, 11:01 AM

Hero has a completely different playstyle for all three weapons as it were. Its Talis has PAs and I highly doubt it will have tech damage on the same levels as Fo. Apparently Sword can't block, instead if shoots kamehamehas. TMGs seem to be very ground based and I didn't see a single S.roll in the trailer. Shift for TMGs probably twirls the guns to reload and I don't imagine it staying in the air. Normal attack animations are different too.

I didn't see a single existing PA either. Similar animations yes, but timings are completely different. I don't think the existing classes have much in common with Hero beyond weapons. If anything, Hero's Sword seems closer to Dual Blades with its throw-based action and multi hit no-charge PAs, and Hero's TMGs are more like Rifle in that it can't rely on normal attacks to regain PP, and it's a lot more ground based.

Moffen
Jun 10, 2017, 11:02 AM
Wait, was it confirmed that Heroes can use regular Swords, TMGs and Talis? I was under the impression that Heroes get their own weapons just like other classes and that Hero weapons are a transforming weapon which would explain how the class could seamlessly transition between weapons during combos without suffering weapon change lag.

So did I,but people seem unwholely convinced you need 3 different weapons affixed and grinded before you can actually use the hero weapon.
Which makes
zero
sense.

You can bugger off SEGA if you think i'm grinding for 3 Qliph weapons just to use something else lmao.

KlTSUNE
Jun 10, 2017, 11:05 AM
looks awesome ^^

loafhero
Jun 10, 2017, 11:09 AM
Would've been disappointing if Heroes used the exact same PAs as all the other classes.

jooozek
Jun 10, 2017, 01:26 PM
watching those TMG bits
im glad i didnt bother levelling Gu/Hu

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 10, 2017, 01:27 PM

I'm getting the feeling, and seriously hoping, that Hero uses one transforming weapon, and a switch (stat) skill is likely.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 10, 2017, 01:36 PM
Actually, I feel like it is really a single transforming weapon. If you look carefully at the clips where the female hero is showing off tmg, and talis moves, it always looks like she begins with what looks like the sword sheathed on her back.

jooozek
Jun 10, 2017, 01:40 PM
I'm getting the feeling, and seriously hoping, that Hero uses one transforming weapon, and a switch (stat) skill is likely.

without macroing there is no way to fast switch weapons on a controller so there has to be some palette action for weapon transformation

Altiea
Jun 10, 2017, 01:55 PM
Would've been disappointing if Heroes used the exact same PAs as all the other classes.

From the footage, I think Hero actually does use the same PAs, but they're heavily modified specifically for use with Hero. For example, in the trailer where they were showing off the Weapon Actions, you can see the Hero performing Ignite Parrying.

Tymek
Jun 10, 2017, 01:57 PM
Well, the Hero section on the Class Selection screen lists Sword, Twin Machineguns and Talises as individual weapons. Also Gunslash.

KuroNeko77
Jun 10, 2017, 02:01 PM

The class selection screen shows that Sword, Gunslash, TMGs and Talis are weapons usable by Hero though.
[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/wgkmL/ac93fc8531.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 10, 2017, 02:08 PM
The class selection screen shows that Sword, Gunslash, TMGs and Talis are weapons usable by Hero though.
[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/wgkmL/ac93fc8531.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Still, every clip they show off tmgs, and talis, the character starts with a sword sheathed on their back...
And I still can't imagine sega telling us to make hybrid affix units to play one specific class optimally.

Moffen
Jun 10, 2017, 02:10 PM
Still, every clip they show off tmgs, and talis, the character starts with a sword sheathed on their back...
And I still can't imagine sega telling us to make hybrid affix units to play one specific class optimally.

I'm assuming it works like the tact where you slot a weapon into the slot for the Hero hybrid sword.
There is no specific weapon icon for heros main weapon.
So it'll be a hybrid of the three...

I want to be angry but I just found out i have a 35 grind cap unlocked zein sword...

Tymek
Jun 10, 2017, 02:12 PM

You're acting like people don't do that already. :V

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 10, 2017, 02:15 PM
I'm assuming it works like the tact where you slot a weapon into the slot for the Hero hybrid sword.
There is no specific weapon icon for heros main weapon.
So it'll be a hybrid of the three...

I want to be angry but I just found out i have a 35 grind cap unlocked zein sword...

Perhaps. Was watching the video again. For what it's worth, those specific points where the characters went from the sword being sheathed on their back to gunplay, I heard no weapon pallet switch sound effect (though of course you hear everything else).
2:09
2:17
2:20
2:23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX9pk7jGjsU&feature=youtu.be
No weapon switch particle effect either.
There's even more of those moments with the talis.

jooozek
Jun 10, 2017, 02:25 PM

they are clearly playing on a controller since the face buttons never change to those of a keyboard/mouse and like i already said, there is no way to fast switch on a controller, you'd see the scroll menu popup or they'd go for chat macro, those things never happen in this video

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 10, 2017, 02:31 PM
You're acting like people don't do that already. :V

Not saying people don't already do that.
I just can't imagine sega making a class where that specific method of affixing is optimal, and promoted.
That's why I get the feeling a switch strike sort of skill is very likely.

ralf542
Jun 10, 2017, 02:34 PM
Perhaps. Was watching the video again. For what it's worth, those specific points where the characters went from the sword being sheathed on their back to gunplay, I heard no weapon pallet switch sound effect (though of course you hear everything else).
2:09
2:17
2:20
2:23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX9pk7jGjsU&feature=youtu.be
There's even more of those moments with the talis.

This. (https://techcrunch.com/2008/10/25/youtube-enables-deep-linking-within-videos/)

Gaylar
Jun 10, 2017, 02:39 PM
Guess I better go grab a Zeinesis TMG/Talis now.

Class looks pretty hype to me.

doomdragon83
Jun 10, 2017, 02:46 PM
I just hope the skill tree is well done and not filled with garbage like 20 SP worth of the same thing.

they are clearly playing on a controller since the face buttons never change to those of a keyboard/mouse

The display keys/buttons can be changed to whatever. I can have DS3/4 buttons displayed and it will look like I pressing Square when I'm really left clicking on the mouse.

Guess I better go grab a Zeinesis TMG/Talis now.
I never thought I'd agree with this...

Altiea
Jun 10, 2017, 03:11 PM
I think I''m okay with this, since I main GU on my alt and I play Sword/TMG combos in Nova (cross weapon Dancing Sweep/Tornado Meteor combo too strong). I just need a Talis.

Speaking of which, sinc Elemental Conversion isn't a thing, doesn't that mean you can put whatever element on the Talis?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 10, 2017, 03:25 PM
I really am in love with the class costume and onehanding greatswords...

Poyonche
Jun 10, 2017, 03:38 PM
It looks like there ARE weapon particles change effect, its just that it is so fast that we can barely see it.

https://youtu.be/KX9pk7jGjsU?t=4m

Play in 0.25 Speed (well you don't really need it) from here and you'll see the particles when he swtiches from Talis to TMG.

Shinamori
Jun 10, 2017, 04:04 PM
Looks like Hero class is gonna have warcry on it's sheet.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 10, 2017, 04:17 PM
It looks like there ARE weapon particles change effect, its just that it is so fast that we can barely see it.

https://youtu.be/KX9pk7jGjsU?t=4m

Play in 0.25 Speed (well you don't really need it) from here and you'll see the particles when he swtiches from Talis to TMG.

I saw them at times when they were switching from attack to attack.
The parts I referred to was when they were at rest. I'm now thinking your hero weapon will look like a sword when sheathed, but turns into whatever weapon mode you had equipped when drawn.

Kiboune
Jun 10, 2017, 04:20 PM
I think it's gonna be like this - you equip talis/tmg/sword and any PA of other weapons. So basic attacks gonna be from currently equipped weapon, and PA from talis/tmg/sword
And maybe after using PA of different weapon , your equipped weapon changes.

AzurEnd
Jun 10, 2017, 05:39 PM
The thing that really stood out to me is that the demonstration ONLY swapped weapons during a Dodge that looks similar the weapon action Twin Sword has on Bouncer and that they maintained their JA after weapon switch. Not only that but the person seemingly had multiple PAs for each weapon, the sword and TMG specifically I can point out 2 PAs.

MightyHarken
Jun 10, 2017, 06:07 PM
I get all the hype and wanting to make Hero the best class, but why the nerf on Ranger? At least increase ALL PA´ damage not just the ones rarely anyone uses.

Tenlade
Jun 10, 2017, 06:16 PM

if you watch the trailer, the on the fly weapon swapping actually changes which weapon pallete they're on, its physically changing weapons.

Moffen
Jun 10, 2017, 06:20 PM
It maintains the same model because it likely works exactly how the tact does.

JS.

doomdragon83
Jun 10, 2017, 06:37 PM
if you watch the trailer, the on the fly weapon swapping actually changes which weapon pallete they're on, its physically changing weapons.

Yup, also you see the max PP change when they are changing weapons too.

Batty
Jun 10, 2017, 08:05 PM
i just hope you arent gimping yourself by deciding to not use one of the weapon types. I main sword, i dont like caster of any kind but i can see myself using talis on a hero class because of what has been showed it looked more melee and utility than tech based. but i absolutely despice using tmg.

Xaelouse
Jun 10, 2017, 08:10 PM
Well it'd be stupid to ignore Talis seeing that it grants you a setup move that adds damage even when you switch weapons plus a teleport.
Deciding between sword and tmg is probably situation dependent and depends on which finisher you need for that active skill. Sword has longer animations for its damage that's for sure.

Batty
Jun 10, 2017, 08:14 PM
as an aditional note, was i the only one who was reminded of adept rogues from the old dot.hack series by hero´s xD? http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Adept_Rogue

Varuden
Jun 10, 2017, 08:33 PM
i just hope you arent gimping yourself by deciding to not use one of the weapon types. I main sword, i dont like caster of any kind but i can see myself using talis on a hero class because of what has been showed it looked more melee and utility than tech based. but i absolutely despice using tmg.

Honestly, if the point of the class is the ability to switch weapons on the fly and combo with it. I would really hate to see people ignore that in favour of a single weapon/PA. If people go back to just using PA/Weapon X and PA/Weapon Y then what is the point of being able to switch anyways? You can do that already with a Main and Sub class + Multiclass weapon on your palette.

Yes, there are going to be variants in game play style- but I feel that if people really want that novelty of new classes, we should stop thinking of them in terms of what already exists and find a new way to play them rather than play them exactly like how we would play a currently existing class.

Just my own personal opinion on the matter.

Xaelouse
Jun 10, 2017, 08:45 PM
Also something to note, every single weapon type that Hero can equip is part of the Fornis series.

Selphea
Jun 10, 2017, 08:58 PM

What's more likely is Sega will botch the balancing yet again so that one weapon is good for general use with AoE and fast damage, another weapon has huge burst when a boss sits still for 3 seconds, and the third weapon is some low DPS gimmick weapon relegated to hitting buttons in TAs.

If there's one cooldown skill for each weapon then it's down to whether Hero will be able to rotate all cooldown skills.

Pretty sure there will be a Switch Strike/Tech/Shoot. I will laugh if it ends up being Switch Dex and they add Noble Dex and Elegant Dex.

DrCatco
Jun 10, 2017, 09:03 PM
[...]Pretty sure there will be a Switch Strike/Tech/Shoot. I will laugh if it ends up being Switch Dex and they add Noble Dex and Elegant Dex.

Switch Dex. Now that I would like to see.

Batty
Jun 10, 2017, 10:12 PM
another interesting thing to know is how fast does tmg trigger action recharges the PP gauge. would be cool if it where atleast half as good as orbit speed (even i would atleast use a slot for tmg purely for pp recharge since it seems that hero will be a PA spam beast)

Selphea
Jun 10, 2017, 11:10 PM
Could stack with PPC ring and maybe 2nd Orbit pot? Or 1st pot if twirling is considered unsheathed.

morkie
Jun 11, 2017, 12:03 AM
feels like a bit dissapoint to me, there's nothing you can discuss on this class without subclass

stick to the old class

oratank
Jun 11, 2017, 12:11 AM
so talis somehow act like slicer in hero hand?

GHNeko
Jun 11, 2017, 12:53 AM
https://twitter.com/dexiruto/status/873747714722459648

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 11, 2017, 01:29 AM
https://twitter.com/dexiruto/status/873747714722459648

Was a matter of time.

We just need a PA that calls the self-esteem team.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 11, 2017, 01:52 AM
Considering Hero is one arming sword and holding TMG and Talis different than their normal counterpart....

Sort of makes me wonder if they introducing sword/tmg/talis that only Hero can use

Kondibon
Jun 11, 2017, 02:12 AM
Considering Hero is one arming sword and holding TMG and Talis different than their normal counterpart....

Sort of makes me wonder if they introducing sword/tmg/talis that only Hero can useThe class is probably just going to use them differently. That might be part of why they can't have a sub.

LancerFate
Jun 11, 2017, 07:41 AM
So first advanced class is all-rounder (striking,ranged,tech), it's too early to guess but, what next advanced class going to be? Pure striking (hu,fi,bo), pure ranged (ra,gu,br) or pure tech (fo,te,su)?

Loveless62
Jun 11, 2017, 08:33 AM
So, for the hero class, all of the weapon actions have been replaced. Does that mean no blocking with sword and no stylish roll with TMGs? That will take some getting used to, maybe even some Git Gud for step attacks and dive rolls.

Heroes will probably still have mirage escape with talis, but I doubt we can rely on switching to talis fast enough to mirage escape on demand if we don't already have it out.

Of course, the weapon actions or some of the new PAs could have some generous i-frames/guard frames. Only time will tell I suppose.

AnikaSteinberg
Jun 11, 2017, 08:34 AM
So first advanced class is all-rounder (striking,ranged,tech), it's too early to guess but, what next advanced class going to be? Pure striking (hu,fi,bo), pure ranged (ra,gu,br) or pure tech (fo,te,su)?

My theory to that is that the next advanced class might be the advanced representative of the Force, then Ranger classes (the three classic/basic classes)

Hero class, imo, is the advanced representative of the Hunter class, using one weapon from its original class, then two weapons from the alternate class of the other attack types
(Talis = Techer, TMG = Gunner)

Since the classes were divided into the three attack categories for Hero's unlocking requirements, the pattern could be:

[Insert Class name] = (Advanced) Force
Weapon types: Rod, then Bullet Bow (Br), and Double Saber (Fi, since appearance similar to Rod XD)

[Insert Class name] = (Advanced) Ranger
Weapon types: Rifle, then Wand (Te), and Dual Blades (Bo)

Well, that's just my theory though

ralf542
Jun 11, 2017, 09:06 AM
[Insert Class name] = (Advanced) Force

It will be Wizard.

Asellus
Jun 11, 2017, 10:33 AM
It will be Wizard.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?237265-Hero-Class-Discussion/page3

Supreme techer. :P

LordKaiser
Jun 11, 2017, 10:46 AM
So here it comes! It's time to be a Hero!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBwS66EBUcY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGcsIdGOuZY

Yeah if they don't mess the skill set, this class will be over used.

AirinMikune
Jun 11, 2017, 10:50 AM
Hero = Offence based class (Hu/Gu/Fo)
Guardian = Defense based class (Fi/Br/Ra)
Diviner = Support based class (Bo/Su/Te)

Hero + Guardian = Savior
Hero + Diviner = Redeemer
Guardian + Diviner = Angelic

Savior + Redeemer + Angelic = God o.oa

Cyber Meteor
Jun 11, 2017, 12:51 PM
This new class definitly got my attention, sufficiently to make me try it on day 1, unlike SU that made me more uncertain back then. Now i'm just wondering if we'll need to have like 3 weapons to +35 or just 1 of the 3 will do it for the complete power ? Also, i wonder how mag stats will matter on this class :p

[Ayumi]
Jun 11, 2017, 01:00 PM

Hero + Guardian = Savior

Seems the only one there I would like is Hero and Diviner and Redeemer.

cheapgunner
Jun 11, 2017, 01:02 PM
So sword, TMGs and tails we have now can be used for this class is the concensus?

[Ayumi]
Jun 11, 2017, 01:10 PM
So sword, TMGs and tails we have now can be used for this class is the concensus?

https://puu.sh/whbMB/0cf267dd67.png

Cyber Meteor
Jun 11, 2017, 01:21 PM
Oh something just crossed my mind : since Hero can't have subclass, how are you gonna participate as Hero in the rematch quests that require BOTH main and sub class at lvl 80 ?

Altiea
Jun 11, 2017, 01:24 PM
Oh something just crossed my mind : since Hero can't have subclass, how are you gonna participate as Hero in the rematch quests that require BOTH main and sub class at lvl 80 ?

They'll probably make an exception for Lv. 80 Hero.

[Ayumi]
Jun 11, 2017, 01:35 PM

Actually... if I was masochist enough, I would try getting one of my alts to level 80 and try that out.
I did save one of the class load outs with a main class and no subclass.

Just to see how the game would've reacted to have a level 80 main and not even having a sublcass.

I'm not insane enough to do that, though.

Cyber Meteor
Jun 11, 2017, 01:39 PM
Then why not just lvl 75 and try UQ Amduscia? it also got a main + sub class requirement just at lvl 75 instead of 80 :p Which also means my question applies to those quests with a main+sub requirements

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 11, 2017, 01:47 PM
Hero seem to have a evade similiar to DB's weapon action when it had sword out doing the one hand blast thing....

Abonimus
Jun 11, 2017, 04:19 PM

Hero + Guardian = Savior

Hehe be nice if it was this way xD

ralf542
Jun 11, 2017, 04:56 PM

Hero + Guardian = Savior

Guard Stance Hero and Limit Break Guardian?

AirinMikune
Jun 11, 2017, 07:34 PM
Best defense is to make sure no one is able to damage you meaning killing them first?

Offense is the best defense.

Moffen
Jun 11, 2017, 07:40 PM
Yeah if you enjoy thorougly getting 1shot killed by everything or combo'd to death unless you run automate.

Crystal_Shard
Jun 11, 2017, 08:08 PM
Now that we have the Hero class, I demand that the next class we get be Demon Lord! Or Villian! Maybe Mid Boss?

More seriously, the name Guardian has enough history in the PS(U) mythos to be the name of a potential advanced/expert class in future, so I wouldn't put it past Sega to consider using it. I'd like to throw out that they could name the final class something like Esper, and have the older fans kinda fangirl/boy over it. ^^;

I think they jumped the gun a little too far naming this class Hero though. Might become a Title Arms Race in future at this rate.

Sandmind
Jun 11, 2017, 08:18 PM
Then why not just lvl 75 and try UQ Amduscia? it also got a main + sub class requirement just at lvl 75 instead of 80 :p Which also means my question applies to those quests with a main+sub requirements

The lazy way without messing with coding an exception in the game would be a 2nd phantom class in the game data that is automaticaly loaded as subclass for Hero and copy it's level. Let's call it .... "Villain" or "Doppelganger." :wacko:

[SPOILER-BOX]Joke aside, that is what Square-Enix did with the FFXIV's Heavenward expansion when they added new jobs, but without base class.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ether
Jun 11, 2017, 10:31 PM

Maybe the CO to unlock level 80 for Hero will require you to have three level 80s (striking/ranged/technic)

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 11, 2017, 10:36 PM
Maybe the CO to unlock level 80 for Hero will require you to have three level 80s (striking/ranged/technic)

Don't joke like that. Even though I've just about reached that point, there would be riots in akihabara.

Selphea
Jun 11, 2017, 11:08 PM
I think they want more people to play Hero, not less, so requirements will probably be lower rather than higher. Can fully expect an army of baddies in XH wearing ungrinded unaffixed Luxe / Tagami units swinging around a +0 Revo Sword

DrCatco
Jun 11, 2017, 11:20 PM
I just hope that the requirements to unblock the Hero class are by character, not by account. That would be a good restriction to enter the expert blocks.

[Ayumi]
Jun 11, 2017, 11:29 PM

Don't joke like that. Even though I've just about reached that point, there would be riots in akihabara.

Doesn't phase me as I got Gunner, Ranger, Hunter to level 80 and Summoner to level 78. BRING IT ON

arokidaaron
Jun 11, 2017, 11:36 PM
Weren't the requirements confirmed to be level 75 titles? Even bumped stated Hero class requires titles/.

Vatallus
Jun 11, 2017, 11:42 PM
The requirements are titles. It would make no sense to have it based on one character having lv 75 of X classes when some of us play more than one character.

AirinMikune
Jun 11, 2017, 11:49 PM
Dark Class route = Requires you to finish ep 3, starts on the route that you became P______a

Ravager - Savage melee attacker that uses their HP to boost their damage
Reaver - Slow, long range bombardment type attacker, superb damage but can do friendly fire
Corruptor - Anti-photon user, gains nice solo buffs, unaffected by usual photon buffs

Ravager + Reaver = Devastator
Ravager + Corruptor = Soul Sapper
Reaver + Corruptor = Destroyer

Devastator + Soul Sapper + Destroyer = Apocalypse

LordKaiser
Jun 12, 2017, 12:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veOqZ0-23e8

It's just me or they turned talis into a fidget spinner at 2:35

oratank
Jun 12, 2017, 12:12 AM
yeah talis has pa

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 12, 2017, 12:46 AM
I just hope that the requirements to unblock the Hero class are by character, not by account. That would be a good restriction to enter the expert blocks.

Pretty sure it will be by account.

Making it restricted to character is just insanely stupid at this point.

reinforcers
Jun 12, 2017, 12:49 AM
the one thing that I have concern after I watch the class demo, is it a normal Sword, Tali, and TMG that already exists today or new type weapon? how to switch between weapon so fast since weapon palette doesn't seem work that way?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 12, 2017, 01:20 AM
I'm still holding on to hope that it is some sort of single transforming weapon with how fluid everything is (and the weapon looking like a sword when sheathed, but immediately changing with their first action that draws the weapon).

If not, well at least I have +35 fornis sword and tmg...

escarlata
Jun 12, 2017, 01:33 AM
Trailer shows actual palette swap whenever a weapon swap occurs tho

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 12, 2017, 01:38 AM
Keep in mean titles are always account based. So you wouldn't have to level the respective classes on the character in question you plan to play Hero on.

I originally thought "What if all three weapons where just one weapon?!" but then i rewatched the video and notice on the screen where they switch to Hero you see the icons for Sword, Gunslash, TMG, Talis at the bottom.

While clearly an aesthetic thing..... I found it interesting the sword had a barrel in the base......

http://i.imgur.com/n2nsAPR.png

Anduril
Jun 12, 2017, 01:42 AM
Yeah, the question is how does the switch happen (especially for people who use controllers). Looking at the video, I can't really see anything that indicates there is a button to press on the weapon or subpalettes for switching; while the GUI shows Dual Shock buttons, it is possible that they are using KB&M, and are just switching with the numpad.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 12, 2017, 01:48 AM
Making it look cooler with num pad eh? That would be horrible lol

Altiea
Jun 12, 2017, 02:35 AM
In Phantasy Star Nova, Buster could learn Skills called Quick Weapon Switch Up and Quick Weapon Switch Down. These Skills are mapped to the Weapon Palette like an Art, and when activated, instantly switched to the next Weapon Palette above or below the current Palette while immediately executing the Art assigned to the next weapon's slot. This allows you to perform cross-weapon combos, such as TMG Dancing Sweep into Sword Tornado Meteor or DS Moonsault Rush into Partizan Over Slicer.

Tymek
Jun 12, 2017, 07:14 AM
In Phantasy Star Nova, Buster could learn Skills called Quick Weapon Switch Up and Quick Weapon Switch Down. These Skills are mapped to the Weapon Palette like an Art, and when activated, instantly switched to the next Weapon Palette above or below the current Palette while immediately executing the Art assigned to the next weapon's slot. This allows you to perform cross-weapon combos, such as TMG Dancing Sweep into Sword Tornado Meteor or DS Moonsault Rush into Partizan Over Slicer.

Wow, that's amazing.

Calsetes
Jun 12, 2017, 09:03 AM
I'll say it - I'm bummed that fists aren't an option for this class.

[SPOILER-BOX]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atxYe-nOa9w

Come on, you knew it was going to be that.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Batty
Jun 12, 2017, 09:11 AM
i would say they´re using a gaming mouse, i programed mine´s side buttons with macros so that each one automatically changes to, and uses a spesific PA in another palette, the effect looks exactly like what the Hero in the videos is using when he changes a palette, but i dunno, its too elaborated xD

[Ayumi]
Jun 12, 2017, 09:35 AM

[SPOILER-BOX]

I wished they used Rods.
I like Swords and Twin Mechs. I was never a fan of card throwing. Or maybe Boots?

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 12, 2017, 09:44 AM
;3423529']I wished they used Rods.
I like Swords and Twin Mechs. I was never a fan of card throwing. Or maybe Boots?
But then you couldn't chuck Fire RasenShurikens at stuff lol

loafhero
Jun 12, 2017, 09:55 AM

[SPOILER-BOX]

On another note, I think I just found the right song to listen to should I ever play as a Hero.

Dugs
Jun 12, 2017, 09:55 AM
i would say they´re using a gaming mouse, i programed mine´s side buttons with macros so that each one automatically changes to, and uses a spesific PA in another palette, the effect looks exactly like what the Hero in the videos is using when he changes a palette, but i dunno, its too elaborated xD

Or they use PAs to switch between weapons.

Like it says on their preview description.

escarlata
Jun 12, 2017, 10:12 AM
Apparently in the trailer there are instances where the weapon palette has jumped by 2 numbers, so the PA are probably sth like, after use, switch to the next palette with a specific weapon type

[Ayumi]
Jun 12, 2017, 10:46 AM
Thinking about it... I hope this isn't a 3 button only class.

mickbis
Jun 12, 2017, 02:56 PM
;3423552']Thinking about it... I hope this isn't a 3 button only class.

my fear too... with all those seamless combo I doubt it is 2 button friendly

I got struck with old way since my instinct always told be to press shift guard for every incoming attack
so it still very hard for me to get used to 3 button

Rayden
Jun 12, 2017, 03:10 PM
I'll never understand how people are still stuck on the old two button system. Three button is the new standard, and it's simply superior in every way. The class definitely looks like it's designed for that. Four button (three button + weapon action) is even better.

If your problem is that you have the muscle memory to press Shift to block, then why not just bind Shift to Weapon Action and then find another key for the extra PA slot?

LordKaiser
Jun 12, 2017, 04:23 PM
2 button setting is useful for people that plays on controllers, mainly on PS4 since 1 of those will replace the normal attack I'm afraid.

Totori
Jun 12, 2017, 04:42 PM
You have to reconfigure the controls, you'll still have enough buttons. Will take some getting used to. Like I made all three face buttons my attacks, with A/X being jump. Talking/picking up items being the L2/LT button.

Forgot I made the hotbar button the L3/LS button.

Altiea
Jun 12, 2017, 04:46 PM
2 button setting is useful for people that plays on controllers, mainly on PS4 since 1 of those will replace the normal attack I'm afraid.

I play on PS4 and I changed my entire setup to accommodate 3-button.

Rayden
Jun 12, 2017, 05:49 PM
Controller here too, playing fine with 4-button. The face buttons are actions 1-3 and jump, and one of my triggers doubles-up with the switch palette and pick up item controls. I have the weapon action control on one of the bumpers just like it was originally with 2-button.

AzurEnd
Jun 12, 2017, 05:53 PM
Im curious about that hero's level cap, when the guy in the video goes to select the newly unlocked Hero class it says its Level Cap is 30 but in the demonstration hes Lv75. What kinda hoops are we gonna have to jump through in order to get this class to full power...

Kondibon
Jun 12, 2017, 05:54 PM
I imagine most people are tired of me bringing up joy to key whenever gamepad discussion comes up, but it's still an option for people who feel like they don't have enough buttons.

Im curious about that hero's level cap, when the guy in the video goes to select the newly unlocked Hero class it says its Level Cap is 30 but in the demonstration hes Lv75. What kinda hoops are we gonna have to jump through in order to get this class to full power...Watch it turn out that one of each type of class at 75 is only to unlock the class and the level cap quests require more until you eventually have all the other classes capped. :wacko:

cheapgunner
Jun 12, 2017, 06:11 PM
I imagine most people are tired of me bringing up joy to key whenever gamepad discussion comes up, but it's still an option for people who feel like they don't have enough buttons.

Watch it turn out that one of each type of class at 75 is only to unlock the class and the level cap quests require more until you eventually have all the other classes capped. :wacko:

That would be terrible. Hoops within hoops so you can be forced to jump thru hoops to jump thru hoops. No thanks.

Rayden
Jun 12, 2017, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't mind that requirement. It'd give people incentive to try out more classes... and I already have them all maxed anyway.

[Ayumi]
Jun 12, 2017, 06:37 PM
I'll never understand how people are still stuck on the old two button system. Three button is the new standard, and it's simply superior in every way. The class definitely looks like it's designed for that. Four button (three button + weapon action) is even better.

If your problem is that you have the muscle memory to press Shift to block, then why not just bind Shift to Weapon Action and then find another key for the extra PA slot?

You have to reconfigure the controls, you'll still have enough buttons. Will take some getting used to. Like I made all three face buttons my attacks, with A/X being jump. Talking/picking up items being the L2/LT button.

Forgot I made the hotbar button the L3/LS button.

I don't have enough buttons on a 360 controller to play 3 button.

Watch it turn out that one of each type of class at 75 is only to unlock the class and the level cap quests require more until you eventually have all the other classes capped. :wacko:

May I ask if every button is used, how would joy2key or xpadder or anything will be helpful as there isn't a button to use for it.

Saagonsa
Jun 12, 2017, 07:09 PM
;3423596']I don't have enough buttons on a 360 controller to play 3 button.

A: Jump B: pick up item X: attack 1 Y: attack 2 RB: attack 3 RT: dodge LB: weapon action LT: switch sides Dpad: weapon/subpal navigation One of the sticks: use subpal. That seems like exactly enough buttons for everything?

AzurEnd
Jun 12, 2017, 07:28 PM
And its not like the person who did the demonstration for Hero class wasnt using a controller with the 3-bullet layout or anything. So its pretty evident there are enough buttons for a 3-Button layout.

Tyreek
Jun 12, 2017, 07:38 PM
Does the Xbox One Elite controller remedy this at all? Or are those additional buttons mimicing other buttons?

LordKaiser
Jun 12, 2017, 07:42 PM
I play on PS4 and I changed my entire setup to accommodate 3-button.Well It's just that I haven't found a way to map them in a comfortable way but now I have a idea. I will move the activation button away from the L2 and R2 triggers.

Tyreek
Jun 12, 2017, 08:05 PM
A: Jump B: pick up item X: attack 1 Y: attack 2 RB: attack 3 RT: dodge LB: weapon action LT: switch sides Dpad: weapon/subpal navigation One of the sticks: use subpal. That seems like exactly enough buttons for everything? All my keys are occupied that I can't use 3 button effectively either. My LT button on my Xbox One controller is used for subpalette usage, as its distracting going from gamepad to keyboard when I'm in the middle of fighting and need to pop a mate or cast a tech not on my palette, like Resta. While I can opt to do something like making my R3 button my Attack 3 button, I'm still short a button for my Rear Palette so I can use the additional PAs open to me. Forced to sacrifice my weapon action, or the additional palette For me this is a no go situation. Part of why I wish there was some hack to make the Xbox Home button an additional button to use.

Saagonsa
Jun 12, 2017, 08:19 PM
All my keys are occupied that I can't use 3 button effectively either. My LT button on my Xbox One controller is used for subpalette usage, as its distracting going from gamepad to keyboard when I'm in the middle of fighting and need to pop a mate or cast a tech not on my palette, like Resta. While I can opt to do something like making my R3 button my Attack 3 button, I'm still short a button for my Rear Palette so I can use the additional PAs open to me. Forced to sacrifice my weapon action, or the additional palette For me this is a no go situation. Part of why I wish there was some hack to make the Xbox Home button an additional button to use.

Just set use subpal to a stick button and put switch to rear on LT?

[Ayumi]
Jun 12, 2017, 08:20 PM
A: Jump B: pick up item X: attack 1 Y: attack 2 RB: attack 3 RT: dodge LB: weapon action LT: switch sides Dpad: weapon/subpal navigation One of the sticks: use subpal. That seems like exactly enough buttons for everything?

That is the most painful way possible to play Gunner for me.

EDIT: Yeah, I still can't find a good way to switch to 3 button as Gunner or Ranger at all.

Tyreek
Jun 12, 2017, 08:36 PM
Just set use subpal to a stick button and put switch to rear on LT?

Setting switch to rear to my stick button wouldn't work out too well, especially since I occupy the stick buttons already with change view/auto follow, however I can switch auto follow out to use attack 3, but even then, I'm still a button short to use rear palette. I play Ranger and Gunner, so I keep change view for things like Mining Base. I tried plenty of combinations to make this work, so I'm always sacrificing something, or making my layout uncomfortable. This even moreso if I'm playing Force or Techer and have to charge stuff on my subpalette.

Rayden
Jun 12, 2017, 08:49 PM
;3423596']I don't have enough buttons on a 360 controller to play 3 button.

All my keys are occupied that I can't use 3 button effectively either.

A: Jump
X: Action 1
Y: Action 2
B: Action 3

RB: Weapon Action
RT: Evade

LB: Lock On
LT: Switch Palette and Access (double function)

LS: Auto Run
RS: Change View

D-Pad: Switch Subpalette / Weapon Palette
Select: Use Subpalette Item
Start: Menu

What are you missing?

Does the Xbox One Elite controller remedy this at all? Or are those additional buttons mimicing other buttons?

I'm fairly sure it just duplicates other buttons on the controller. If you want a lot of extra buttons, you should try a Steam controller. That thing has 5 extra physical buttons right off the bat, but it can be configured in all sorts of ways with mode shifts, action sets, touch menus, single/double taps, short/long presses, gyro input, and so on to add a massive amount of extra controls.

MightyHarken
Jun 12, 2017, 09:30 PM
I use 3 type as ranger and it´s damn good. You just have to get sued to use sub pallet skills and items with the left stick.

[Ayumi]
Jun 12, 2017, 09:35 PM
A: Jump
X: Action 1
Y: Action 2
B: Action 3

RB: Weapon Action
RT: Evade

LB: Lock On
LT: Switch Palette and Access (double function)

LS: Auto Run
RS: Change View

D-Pad: Switch Subpalette / Weapon Palette
Select: Use Subpalette Item
Start: Menu

What are you missing?

I'm fairly sure it just duplicates other buttons on the controller. If you want a lot of extra buttons, you should try a Steam controller. That thing has 5 extra physical buttons right off the bat, but it can be configured in all sorts of ways with mode shifts, action sets, touch menus, single/double taps, short/long presses, gyro input, and so on to add a massive amount of extra controls.

You tell me how to "double function" so I can do that with another button. I would be fine with having access and jump on the same A button.

Anduril
Jun 12, 2017, 10:35 PM

By default it just mimics face buttons; however there is a program, reWASD, that is similar to JoyToKey, but it allows you to map all the buttons, including the paddles.It has a 3-day free trial, but after that you do need to buy a license for it. But honestly, I wouldn't drop $150 on an Elite just for getting 4 extra buttons.

~~~~~~~

I personally remedied my button woes by getting a knock-off chat pad for my controller (it's basically just a generic ~$15 wireless keyboard that has its own receiver, but gets power from the controller; it's made of cheap plastic, so it doesn't really add much weight, and has surprising lasted me a couple of years already with no issues), so I was able to remap the sub-palette select buttons to other functions since the number keys are within easy reach.

jooozek
Jun 13, 2017, 01:28 AM
in joy2key you can bind the xbox 360 guide button as long as you are using the 2009 drivers for the controller/receiver

http://i.imgur.com/RLsvr0B.png

my setup:

[SPOILER-BOX]here is my ingame setup

http://i.imgur.com/isSqPOU.png

here is my joy2key setup, my RT swaps to the second virtual joystick on which the RT is also the weapon palette swap, i've unbound the ingame controller mappings for jump and weapon palette swap

http://i.imgur.com/FTuLLDM.png http://i.imgur.com/PEjr9nR.png
Joystick 1
POV = dpad
Button 10 = R3 (no. 9 on my subpalette which is Moon Atomizer on F9 keyboard which I also have bound to map overlay on controller itself)
Button 11 = LT (jump on Space keyboard)
Button 12 = RT (switch to virtual joystick 2)
Button 13 = Guide Button (item pick up/interaction from E on keyboard)

Joystick 2
Button 11 = LT (jump)
Button 12 = RT (weapon palette swap)
Dpad Up = Weapon no. 1
Dpad Right = Weapon no. 2
Dpad Down = Weapon no. 3
Dpad Left = Weapon no. 4[/SPOILER-BOX]

doomdragon83
Jun 13, 2017, 01:50 AM
I use DS4Windows with my DS4, I can make my buttons emulate xb360 controller buttons, kb and mouse buttons. I can also make the PS button, touchpad (8 inputs) and gyro do things too.

If you play PSO2 es, I also found out that in the Nox emulator, you can remap swipes and taps (to specific parts of the screen) to the keyboard. So doing that, I made a profile in DS4Windows using the keys I set up in Nox to play es on my controller.

Rayden
Jun 13, 2017, 06:58 AM
;3423610']You tell me how to "double function" so I can do that with another button. I would be fine with having access and jump on the same A button.

Most gaming peripherals come with their own configuration/profile software, so that's one option, but if your controller doesn't have anything like that then you could just use JoyToKey. It's free.

Download the latest version from here: http://joytokey.net/en/
Then use it to rebind your A button to the keyboard controls for both jump and access (probably Space and E by default). You can leave all your other controls on the normal gamepad defaults, if you like, so they remain unaffected.

Batty
Jun 13, 2017, 09:38 AM
as someone that still used 2 button type for altmost 8 months after ep4 was released and then gave it a go at 3 button type. i can asure that 3 button type is definily superior, at the beggining you will feel very unconfortable, of course, after 3 years playing one way is hard to get used to another. but thats the pretty thing of 3 button type; you can configure as you want to, it might take a little bit of playing around with it and testing different conbinations to find the one you like more, but once you do, you wont feel like touching 2 button type anymore

in my case, i use a logitech g600 for playing, i configured all my weapon palettes to have; normal attack; weapon action for all sets and a different PA for the third button on each set. on the weapon sub palette on all sets i put the 3 PAs i always need at hand (stuff like sonic arrow or sacrifical bite)

then i configured each of my g600 side buttons with a macro to automatically weapon shift to a different set and use the PA in the third button, then programed my g-shift button to access the subpalette (a third click button on the right side of the right click button)

it took a while to complete, but thanks to this set now i have access to all of my PAs at the reach of my thumb, something i couldnt do with the 2 button type config. i only use the keyboard for jumping and movement (i set the remaining buttons on my mouse to access the subpalette)

back to topic though, something probably everyone has noticed allready, the 3 weapons used by the Hero in the video all were identical in appearance. i guess this will mean that we will either get a new set of 13* with this style, or this is a new weapon camo for all 3 hero weapons, if so, it will probably be given either as a reward title for something related to the hero class (unlocking it or reaching him to 80) or as a CO reward from the hero class representative npc

AzurEnd
Jun 13, 2017, 10:37 AM
back to topic though, something probably everyone has noticed allready, the 3 weapons used by the Hero in the video all were identical in appearance. i guess this will mean that we will either get a new set of 13* with this style, or this is a new weapon camo for all 3 hero weapons, if so, it will probably be given either as a reward title for something related to the hero class (unlocking it or reaching him to 80) or as a CO reward from the hero class representative npc

Yeah the 3 Button layout is pretty great, specially if you get comfortable enough with having your Weapon Action assigned outside of your weapon palette so you can have 5 PAs instead of 4.

I would really like it if they were a Combo Camo as a class level reward, but chances are they are either new 13* or 14* Weapons from the new bosses in Ep5. Probably still gonna be a hell of a lot easier to get them than the bloody Coat Edge Camo.

ralf542
Jun 13, 2017, 10:45 AM
in joy2key you can bind the xbox 360 guide button as long as you are using the 2009 drivers for the controller/receiver

How do you turn off your controller? Take out the battery pack everytime you finished playing?

[Ayumi]
Jun 13, 2017, 11:23 AM
I use the new Xbox controller with a Micro USB so I can't use the 2009 driver.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 13, 2017, 11:49 AM
I think with the introduction of 3 button....I had to give up my auto run button....(360 controller)

Of course that wasn't a huge deal.

Probably still playing it wrong but I got some what of a better feel for it now.

jooozek
Jun 13, 2017, 12:49 PM
How do you turn off your controller? Take out the battery pack everytime you finished playing?

yeah, pretty much

you could also use this if you dont want wear down the controller batter pack grip

https://sourceforge.net/projects/turnoffxboxcontroller/

ralf542
Jun 13, 2017, 02:12 PM
yeah, pretty much

you could also use this if you dont want wear down the controller batter pack grip

https://sourceforge.net/projects/turnoffxboxcontroller/

This is better: http://pety.me/XboxExt/

jooozek
Jun 13, 2017, 02:59 PM
seems nice but can you somehow extend how long you need to hold the button? i have pickup on turbo and wouldnt want accidentally to turn off my controller

LordKaiser
Jun 13, 2017, 05:55 PM
I hope the skill tree of this class is not trash. For a class like this i expect a OP skill tree. It may probably use Hero MAG skill but this will be only useful if this time it distribute the Dex to the 3 types of attack at a 100% instead of just 50% . The booster skill it has should work better than Fury Stance or at least near it.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 13, 2017, 06:01 PM
I hope the skill tree of this class is not trash. For a class like this i expect a OP skill tree. It may probably use Hero MAG skill but this will be only useful if this time it distribute the Dex to the 3 types of attack at a 100% instead of just 50% . The booster skill it has should work better than Fury Stance or at least near it.

Or a choice of 3 newly-phrased switch strike-esque skills: 'all damage is affected by X atk instead'

Can't imagine sega intentionally making a class that uses all 3 atk types and expect us all to deal with making specific unit sets packing stuff like apprentice soul, and ability to optimally play one specific class since that isn't optimal for any other class besides techer being the only one that comes close.

Saagonsa
Jun 13, 2017, 06:54 PM
Or a choice of 3 newly-phrased switch strike-esque skills: 'all damage is affected by X atk instead'

Can't imagine sega intentionally making a class that uses all 3 atk types and expect us all to deal with making specific unit sets packing stuff like apprentice soul, and ability to optimally play one specific class since that isn't optimal for any other class besides techer being the only one that comes close.

Considering how there are very few swords, TMGs, and talises that cover all 3 attack types, I doubt there will be switch skills.

Moffen
Jun 13, 2017, 07:04 PM
So,I've got my affixes ready to go.

What worries me is the mag.
Will we have a dex mag?
Can we PLEASE have a dex mag?

I want all 3 atks converted to 200 atk if I have a 200 dex mag D:

I really dont want to be skewed into using one weapon type over the other.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 13, 2017, 07:52 PM
Considering how there are very few swords, TMGs, and talises that cover all 3 attack types, I doubt there will be switch skills.

Uh, what?

The point of the switch skills is because we're likely expected to use multiple attack types, which is why Bouncer got it in the first place.

Anduril
Jun 13, 2017, 07:58 PM
Uh, what?

The point of the switch skills is because we're likely expected to use multiple attack types, which is why Bouncer got it in the first place.

I think they meant that a Switch skill as they exist now wouldn't work. Currently Switch skills change the stat that is used, as in the weapon/pet already has to have that stat on it (as seen with Jet Boots which have both T-ATK and S-ATK even though they natively only use the T-ATK); very few Swords, TMGs, and Talis have any other ATK than their default on them. Using the current version of a Range Switch skill on a Zenisis Sword would mean that it would default to 0 R-ATK rather than converting its S-ATK into R-ATK, which would be what would be needed for Hero (and if it does have a switch skill, this is probably how it would work, kinda like a buffed version of Mercy of Lilipa's potetnial).

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 13, 2017, 08:13 PM
I think they meant that a Switch skill as they exist now wouldn't work. Currently Switch skills change the stat that is used, as in the weapon/pet already has to have that stat on it (as seen with Jet Boots which have both T-ATK and S-ATK even though they natively only use the T-ATK); very few Swords, TMGs, and Talis have any other ATK than their default on them. Using the current version of a Range Switch skill on a Zenisis Sword would mean that it would default to 0 R-ATK rather than converting its S-ATK into R-ATK, which would be what would be needed for Hero (and if it does have a switch skill, this is probably how it would work).

That's why I suggested a different sort of phrasing/function like 'all damage is affected by X atk instead'.

I'm sure I said that before, though I do call it a switch skill for short.

But yes, you're right about that second part.

In a way, a single transforming weapon with all 3 atk types would make sense with my idea as is, heh.

Using 3 individual weapons with their exclusive atk types really sounds like a stupidly messy deal for the player...

MightyHarken
Jun 13, 2017, 08:18 PM
That's why I suggested a different sort of phrasing/function like 'all damage is affected by X atk instead'.

So like Gunslashes should have worked from the beginning? Overall I wish all that r,t,s atk nonsense was removed and just changed for power attack. Just like in PSO. This way players could rely on more weapons than the ones that are meant for their class only.

Anduril
Jun 13, 2017, 08:20 PM

The game does have Mercy of Lilipa's Potential which is (paraphrasing) "Convert a % of this weapon's R-ATK into T-ATK," so they would just need to phrase it something specific like "Convert Sword S-ATK and Talis T-ATK into R-ATK" and maybe call it like "Range Convert" (and ditto for Striking and Tech).

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 13, 2017, 08:26 PM
The game does have Mercy of Lilipa's Potential which is (paraphrasing) "Convert a % of this weapon's R-ATK into T-ATK," so they would just need to phrase it something specific like "Convert Sword S-ATK and Talis T-ATK into R-ATK" and maybe call it like "Range Convert" (and ditto for Striking and Tech).

Oh yeah, like the wand reactor skill.

I know this all sounds like wishful thinking, but, if there was a skill like that for hero that converts the weapons' atk to the other two types, and there was a 'all damage is affected by X atk instead' type of skill, players would avoid a messy affixing problem.

If only Sega makes it happen.

AirinMikune
Jun 13, 2017, 09:08 PM
Would be cool if it has a skill called Overlimit which temporarily boost the other stat to match the highest stat you have for a few seconds.

So if you have 4k Satk, both Ratk and Tatk will be boosted to 4k momentarily, like 30 secs tops as for the downside, maybe lowers your defense type to the lowest one you have?

AzurEnd
Jun 13, 2017, 09:46 PM
I doubt they would give Hero a Universal Damage Stat. Which is why I have been buying up the Multi Attack Souls while they are still dirt cheap, cause I got a feeling those are gonna go up in demand with Hero.
Well thats assuming they dont do a universal damage modifier and considering how Hero works and that we dont know how its skill tree is yet having conversion skills just doesnt make sense other than to not mess with the affixing norms.

LordKaiser
Jun 13, 2017, 10:54 PM
LOL that's why Hero MAG may happen, SEGA wants you to spend your time making new units with universal affixes. (Unless Hero Mag stays at 50%...)

AirinMikune
Jun 13, 2017, 10:58 PM
Most multi type souls are expensive to begin with or dirt cheap.

Anga soul - Best soul for me, balanced 20 atk and 4 PP, natively boost vinculum on top of it
Knight Gear Soul - Cheaper alternative, 5 less attack but has 15 dex which might be relevant on one of hero's skill. Comes with Vinculum most of the time.
Apprentice Soul - Hands down best for offense oriented builds, cant say more against 40 attack
Gryphon Soul - Cheapest and readily available soul, boost All resist if you wanted a balance offense/defense set, cheapest and readily available

Modulator - when paired up with Apprentice, hands down best stat, very expensive though
Vinculum - just 10 less attack from modulator but a whole lot cheaper, most all attack souls comes with this one so thats a plus
Astral Soul - Don't even, might need to sell your literal soul just to get this

Doom Break - Not sure if Sega plans on getting this readily available but it is best to stock up on these, very cheap now and is easily transferable at 80% with three.
Ether Factor - Thanks to Laplace, the half of it can be easily made, with Deus Factor being dirt cheap and Yamato going down in price soon, better stock up on mother factor to get this one.

I am personally going for Knight Gear Soul/Vinculum/Ether Factor/Doom Break/All Resist III/Elegant Stamina, a nice balance because with Sega experimenting on them double damage from mobs/boss, its best to have a bit of defense just in case.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 14, 2017, 10:10 AM
Wouldn't that mean at best you only get 66 on all three Attacks on Mag... (assuming it worked that way)

Also if it indeed does go in that direction wouldn't be too odd to expect a Noble/Elegant Triple at some point.

Batty
Jun 14, 2017, 10:55 AM
did the unlock CO specified if the requeriment was a tittle obtained from reaching each class to 75? a "Title"? because otherwise it would mean that we need to reach 75 with the 3 classes on the character we want to unlock the hero class

Akero
Jun 14, 2017, 10:59 AM
I wonder if the Hero class will be advanced enough to get finger animations.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 14, 2017, 11:06 AM
did the unlock CO specified if the requeriment was a tittle obtained from reaching each class to 75? a "Title"? because otherwise it would mean that we need to reach 75 with the 3 classes on the character we want to unlock the hero class
Yes it specifically says "title"

[spoiler-box]
Hero Class Unlocking
•Hero is Main Class only. You can not set a subclass.
•You need to earn 3 Titles for the following: ◦1 Striking Class at Level 75 ◾Valid Striking: Hu / Fi / Bo

◦1 Ranged Class at Level 75 ◾Valid Ranged: Ra / Gu / Br

◦1 Tech Class at Level 75 ◾Valid Tech: Fo / Te / Su

•Head to Koffie and clear the CO with the earned Titles.

[/spoiler-box]

Rien
Jun 14, 2017, 11:46 PM
It's probably already said, but here's the notes I gathered through rapidly pausing/unpausing/playing video in slow motion.

Hero has a single skill that is vital to it's boss damage role. The skill it uses requires you to fill a gauge by attacking, I'll call it "gear", then activate the skill (1st on the subpalette). Doing this restores all your PP, not sure if it's due to a skill. It works like Katana Combat where it will gather damage you deal and then perform a finisher. All 3 finishers are shown in the video. You have a limited time (shown by the gear going down) to deal this damage before you either use finisher or it's gone. It has a pretty long recast, so every one has to count.
You can tell that your gear is done charging because a star on the gear gauge lights up. Like Katana Combat, you have to press the skill button to use the finisher.

All weapons have 2 PAs that don't switch, and at least 2 PAs that switch.

Sword functions:
Normal Attack: 4-hit combo, 3rd attack is double-slash.
Weapon Action: Ki Bullet. Can be charged up to 2 stages. Stage 1 charge hits 32k on Vol head. Uses no PP. Likely to actually restore PP.
Photon Arts:
Wide Wave Slash charge PA that appears to have a JG/Counter function (might be skill). Performs 1 slash when charge starts and a second when unleashed. 10pp to "counter"and 20pp to unleash.
Multi-Slash PA that ends with a downward slash. 10pp initiate, drains over time. Total ~35pp to do the full PA.
*Charge forward stab PA that changes to Talis (weapon change has shown to be cancelled) 15pp.
*PA that shoots a volley of Ki Bullets and switches to TMG.
Finisher: Multiple wide slashes with large photon blade, ending in a downward slash dealing 89k crit.

TMG Functions:
Weapon Action: Reload: spin for PP recovery. A single tap appears to go from 89 to 97 PP, One full spin goes from 74 to 90. using other videos as ref it's as fast as pp restorate 10 + PP convert 10. You can use Reload as a Just Reversal... in mid-air, too.
Photon Arts:
Multiple dodge/jump-shoot PA. Uses 25PP.
Gun-Kata PA that does similar poses to Satellite Aim but shoots multiple times. 30pp.
*PA that shoots rapidly forward similar to Dante's Honeycomb Fire/Rapid Shot. Switches to Talis. 20pp.
*PA that rapidly flies to a target in the Messiah Time pose and fires a point blank blast. Switches to sword. 20pp.
Finisher: Single blast that hit 49k on Quartz.

Talis Functions:
Normal Attack: 3-hit combo of throws.
Weapon Action: Charge, throw and warp. Throw itself seems to do damage (12k on Quartz)
Photon Arts:
Charge PA that Throws a talis that flies in circles like a boomerang. Charging seems to stop fall. 20pp.
Charge PA that throws a flying shuriken-style 4-bladed windmill. Charging seems to stop fall. On hit, it multiplies itself into windmills of many sizes and zeros in on the hit point.
*Unknown short PA/attack that spent 1pp and switched to TMG. Likely an "evasive" talis throw as Blake (male hero) does it while moving mid air vs Vol.
*PA that charges forward (in the Barantsion pose, lol) and switches to sword.
Finisher: Charges currently active talis into a wide flashing rapid-attack nuke that deals 36k multiple times. The boomerang circle seems to be a main/priority target for this.

As a side note, the skill on the 2nd slot of subpalette is a Warcry/Showtime like icon with the depiction of a monster on the lower left and a PP and an up arrow on the top right.

ralf542
Jun 15, 2017, 08:04 AM
I would like to know what SEGA does with Sword Gear/Hunter Gear Boost, L/Hunter Gear Save, Twin Machine Gun Gear/T Machine Gun Mastery and Talis Tech Bonus.

Anyway, Episode 5 can't come fast enough.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/pwqWVDi.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Kondibon
Jun 15, 2017, 08:11 AM
I would like to know what SEGA does with Sword Gear/Hunter Gear Boost, L/Hunter Gear Save, Twin Machine Gun Gear/T Machine Gun Mastery and Talis Tech Bonus.
The weapons seem to function completely differently, another reason why Hero probably can't have subs. I won't be surprised if they don't even have the old PAs.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 15, 2017, 08:55 AM
The weapons seem to function completely differently, another reason why Hero probably can't have subs. I won't be surprised if they don't even have the old PAs.

This is the exact reason why I had this mindset that they might bring out Sword,TMG,Talis that only Hero can use....

but of course Idk how internal game mechanics work considering the change class screen showed the same icons as the originals so no idea.

Kondibon
Jun 15, 2017, 09:12 AM
This is the exact reason why I had this mindset that they might bring out Sword,TMG,Talis that only Hero can use....I'm pretty sure the game already has the capacity to have a weapon function different on different classes, it's just not something they ever bothered to do to this degree. Having different PAs and weapon actions would probably be easy though.

EDIT: For reference we've already seen them change the effects of core mechanics via skill rings like the JG rings, and the A.Launcher mode ring, and tagging which classes can use which PAs has been a thing since forever. It's not too much of a stretch to expect Hero to do that for the entire weapon.

Rayden
Jun 15, 2017, 11:12 AM

Sword Gear and Hunter Boost are on the Hunter class, so Hero won't have access to them.
L / Hunter Gear Save requires Hunter Gear Boost, and Hunter as the main class, so Hero won't be able to equip that.
TMG Gear and TMG Mastery are on the Gunner class, so Hero won't have access to that.
L / TMG Stance Up requires a stance, and also specifies the Hunter, Fighter, Braver, and Bouncer classes, so Hero won't be able to equip that.
Talis Tech Bonus is on the Force class, so Hero won't have access to that.

PAs have always been (mostly) locked to classes. Only a Hunter main or Hunter sub can use sword PAs, for example, so I'm sure Hero won't be able to use the current sword or TMG PAs. They should have access to techs though, as a caster class. The video showed techs on the subpalette.

I wonder how it'll work with weapons that provide special access to PAs though, like the Lind sword with Sacrifice Bite.

Alenoir
Jun 15, 2017, 11:53 AM
On mag stats:

HMZK said it can be any one of the three stats, IIRC.

This is the exact reason why I had this mindset that they might bring out Sword,TMG,Talis that only Hero can use....
Not sure why that's needed unless potentials are involved. Each weapons are really just a model that you put onto another model. Unless you mean the weapons acting completely different for Heroes, in which case eh, nothing new. Parallel Slide-0.

[Ayumi]
Jun 15, 2017, 01:46 PM

Took a few days but I finally got around in trying it.

Seems like the answer is you NEED to have a sub. So yeah, safe to say that Hero would probably just have a phantom subclass that will always match it's level.
So whenever it gets to level 10, it's phantom sub will be 10 as well.

Eternal255
Jun 15, 2017, 02:19 PM
They should have done this instead of making summoner so we would have 2 hero classes now -_-

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 15, 2017, 02:24 PM
;3423919']

Seems like the answer is you NEED to have a sub. So yeah, safe to say that Hero would probably just have a phantom subclass that will always match it's level.
So whenever it gets to level 10, it's phantom sub will be 10 as well.

That or they just change the requirements to say 75/75 or [Insert Level Here] Hero

sort of like for that 80 title where everything needed +35 13* Weapon except for SU which did the whole 13* Pet thing.

[Ayumi]
Jun 15, 2017, 02:29 PM
They should have done this instead of making summoner so we would have 2 hero classes now -_-

Blame the ass-sniffer in charge of EP4. Good riddance to that pile of trash (I enjoyed Summoner though).

That or they just change the requirements to say 75/75 or [Insert Level Here] Hero

sort of like for that 80 title where everything needed +35 13* Weapon except for SU which did the whole 13* Pet thing.

You're right... then you remember it's Sega.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 15, 2017, 02:53 PM
;3423923']You're right... then you remember it's Sega.

Ha.

inb4 Hero can't join anything prior to it's release.

Eternal255
Jun 15, 2017, 11:42 PM
;3423923']Blame the ass-sniffer in charge of EP4. Good riddance to that pile of trash.

You're referring to the director? Is he no longer employed? Haha

[Ayumi]
Jun 16, 2017, 12:14 AM
You're referring to the director? Is he no longer employed? Haha

Last time I recall he was gone long before the Mother EQ.
Like they had his ideas, told him "Good, so Phantom God is the last part? Good. Get out."
Paraphrasing of course.

Poyonche
Jun 16, 2017, 04:49 AM
;3423923']Blame the ass-sniffer in charge of EP4. Good riddance to that pile of trash (I enjoyed Summoner though).

This is an offense to all the ass-sniffer.

Altiea
Jun 17, 2017, 01:46 PM
One More! is out, Bumped's got data.

Hero Gear

Hero has their own Gear Gauge, of course. Supposedly, it doesn't deplete over time, so it's probably manual consumption via an action.

Hero Time

It's not-Katana Combat. Has a 2-minute recast and the finishing attack varies depending on the weapon type.

Hero Finish

Different weapon types get different finishing moves. Sword gets some swift strikes I guess, TMGs get to shoot a lot, and Talis gets the Nagrants knockoff.

Hero Boost

Damage bonus for attacking a lot?

First Blood

*cue Rambo joke*

Unknown Skill

Hero has a double jump.

Also, Hero confirmed to have their own PAs.

Anduril
Jun 17, 2017, 02:36 PM
Ok, so the weapon switch looks to be tied to both the PA and the duration of the button being pressed, so you don't have to automatically switch weapons when using the PA as long as you don't hold down the button. That works.

Poyonche
Jun 17, 2017, 03:14 PM
I'm surprised they had a good idea like this, I'm already thinking to all the combos i'll do with that !

jooozek
Jun 17, 2017, 04:04 PM
Ok, so the weapon switch looks to be tied to both the PA and the duration of the button being pressed, so you don't have to automatically switch weapons when using the PA as long as you don't hold down the button. That works.

so no matter how shit hero will be ill be maining it :wacko:

Batty
Jun 17, 2017, 05:31 PM
, double jump, ignition parry style PA, katana combat, photon blade style weapon action proyectiles, first attack when unsheating a JA, tech casting its like if sega has picken all the things i like of other classes and i wished for and put it on a single one XP the only thing that could make it better now is if they finally allows us to use more than one weapon camo at the time

cheapgunner
Jun 17, 2017, 06:37 PM
, double jump, ignition parry style PA, katana combat, photon blade style weapon action proyectiles, first attack when unsheating a JA, tech casting its like if sega has picken all the things i like of other classes and i wished for and put it on a single one XP the only thing that could make it better now is if they finally allows us to use more than one weapon camo at the time

Inb4 Hero has single weapon camos for all 3 of their weps, but it just changes form depending on the weapon out at the time.

Moffen
Jun 17, 2017, 07:17 PM
Inb4 Hero has single weapon camos for all 3 of their weps, but it just changes form depending on the weapon out at the time.

Thats literally what it is lol.
A glorified tact with weps slotted instead of pets.
Calling it now.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 17, 2017, 08:26 PM
Thats literally what it is lol.
A glorified tact with weps slotted instead of pets.
Calling it now.

I was thinking that. I'm still hung up over those moments where the demo characters went from standing idle with what is obviously a sword on their back to doing actions with TMGs/talis without a pallet switch sound effect, or weapon switch particle effect, implying they were equipped with those weapons already while idle, but it just takes the form of a sword when sheathed.

Moffen
Jun 17, 2017, 08:50 PM
I was thinking that. I'm still hung up over those moments where the demo characters went from standing idle with what is obviously a sword on their back to doing actions with TMGs/talis without a pallet switch sound effect, or weapon switch particle effect, implying they were equipped with those weapons already while idle, but it just takes the form of a sword when sheathed.

Well if you look,the tmgs are the guard of the sword,the talis is the handle and guard with the thrown piece being the blade itself.
There is a white petal effect when you unsheath and watching it at 0.5 speed,the model never reloads at all.

escarlata
Jun 17, 2017, 08:52 PM
Hero Time

It's not-Katana Combat. Has a 2-minute recast and the finishing attack varies depending on the weapon type.
So, they are giving us Compound Tech V2 basically?

Batty
Jun 18, 2017, 06:50 AM
So, they are giving us Compound Tech V2 basically?

well, dunno if theyll be compound tech lv, but they certainly pack quite a punch; in the video we see him use the sword finisher un blu ringhada wich hit him for aproximately 250k divided in 5 hits, he uses the tmg finisher on quartz dragon wich made a single very powerfull 490k hit, and the used the talis finisher on zeshrayda and im not sure if he managed to land all hits but the finisher was doing a lot of 30k hits at kestrel rampage speed before zehsy died

however he have to consider a couple of things; sega doesnt usually wear optimal gear on their characters to avoid showing their full potential (the summoner reveal video was doing barely a fraction of the dmg they´re able to do) and he was lv 75, considering hero cannot have sub class that means each lv must come with quite a big amount of stats so we can asume that those finishers can do atleast 50% more damage than what they showed

Shinamori
Jun 18, 2017, 09:27 AM
Sega does that a lot. Especally when they use to do live playthrough of upcoming content. Like when they failed SH and VH TD4.

Cyber Meteor
Jun 18, 2017, 10:23 AM
When they showed TD4 live playthrough they actually had maxed grinded/element Nemesis series lol, funny enough in the Gracia trailer, they were using Bio weapons and were at 3 mins left on the DPS phase when they got the super killer hit Deus only does if you somehow don't manege to kill him after the second down xD

Selphea
Jun 18, 2017, 10:26 AM
Interestingly though, that 498k was on Quartz head which has a 0.7x Ranged multiplier. On an actual weak point like Mom's 1.75x core and with a 1.2x WB and Shifta Strike it'd be 1.6 million.

The sword slashes were on non-weak too, Ringa's main body is 0.9x.

Considering they're planning to cap damage at 999k, Sword finish might end up being the most practical.

Moffen
Jun 18, 2017, 11:12 AM
Interestingly though, that 498k was on Quartz head which has a 0.7x Ranged multiplier. On an actual weak point like Mom's 1.75x core and with a 1.2x WB and Shifta Strike it'd be 1.6 million.

Considering they're planning to cap damage at 999k, Sword finish might end up being the most practical.

Wasnt the damage cap only there temporarily there till the ep5 patch rolls out to stop people throwing chain marrons for 6mil a pop?

DeadEscape
Jun 18, 2017, 11:45 AM

What the fuck man have you ever fought Quartz with ranged weapon at all? That piece of shit's head got at least 1.15x modifier for Ranger's Weak Hit Advance yo. If anything I'd say that 498k is actually only 250k on main body.

IWinToLose
Jun 18, 2017, 03:11 PM
Wasnt the damage cap only there temporarily there till the ep5 patch rolls out to stop people throwing chain marrons for 6mil a pop?

As far as I'm aware, the 999,999 damage cap only applies to Deus and to Episode 1 and 2 LQ's.

Altiea
Jun 18, 2017, 03:23 PM
As far as I'm aware, the 999,999 damage cap only applies to Deus and to Episode 1 and 2 LQ's.

Also Phaleg, but she doesn't even have enough HP to warrant it in the first place.

Altiea
Jun 18, 2017, 03:53 PM
Bumped updated again, with even more notes!

Hero Gear

Attacking fills the Gear Gauge, while Hero Time depletes it.

Hero Time

Hero Time can only be activated when your Gear Gauge is maxed out.

Hero Boost

Reportedly, the damage boost effect of Hero Boost will reset if you take a certain amount of damage within a specific time frame.

First Blood

Poooooossibly gives the first attack of a combo Just Attack power.

Spirit Bullet (Sword Weapon Action)

Spirit Bullet scales with S-ATK, but has Ranged properties. It also recovers PP on strike. You can't charge to Lv. 2 initially, but you can unlock the power via Skill Tree.

Batty
Jun 18, 2017, 05:15 PM
"Hero Countering

Here is how an attendee described the process:

After using an evasive maneuver to evade an enemy’s attack, by doing a step attack, it will be possible to activate the “Hero Counter.”
They said the counter reminded them of Gurren Tessen’s followup."

Im loving this class more and more by the minute :D

it doesnt seem like it will have any hard time at all with PP regeneration, with hero time recharging it, tmg weapon action if its atleast as good as sheathed orbit, and this warcry look at like symbol that as PP in a corner of the icon

i wonder what other use the gear gauge has, will affect the PAs dmg somehow?, i cannot imagine it being just decoration when the hero time skill is on CD

[Ayumi]
Jun 18, 2017, 06:19 PM
"Hero Countering

Here is how an attendee described the process:

After using an evasive maneuver to evade an enemy’s attack, by doing a step attack, it will be possible to activate the “Hero Counter.”
They said the counter reminded them of Gurren Tessen’s followup."

Im loving this class more and more by the minute :D

it doesnt seem like it will have any hard time at all with PP regeneration, with hero time recharging it, tmg weapon action if its atleast as good as sheathed orbit, and this warcry look at like symbol that as PP in a corner of the icon

i wonder what other use the gear gauge has, will affect the PAs dmg somehow?, i cannot imagine it being just decoration when the hero time skill is on CD

It's a side step and not a roll like Gunner?
If so, Hero ruined for me.

Moffen
Jun 18, 2017, 06:22 PM
;3424159']It's a side step and not a roll like Gunner?
If so, Hero ruined for me.

TMGs have a Mirage/Step hybrid. [Slow down the dodge done during the quartz dragon fight in the gameplay trailer]
If you dont want to step with tmgs

P l a y G u n n e r.

[Ayumi]
Jun 18, 2017, 08:34 PM
TMGs have a Mirage/Step hybrid. [Slow down the dodge done during the quartz dragon fight in the gameplay trailer]
If you dont want to step with tmgs

P l a y G u n n e r.

Then yeah, fuck Hero. Getting it to 80 and then stop touching it and going back to the nerfed Gunner.

Flaoc
Jun 18, 2017, 09:12 PM
really dumb complaint right there but expected from psow.. really cannot see how thats gonna ruin the class

Moffen
Jun 18, 2017, 09:27 PM
really dumb complaint right there but expected from psow.. really cannot see how thats gonna ruin the class

People want a new class with multiple weps that dont do anything different to their old weps
/la shrug

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 18, 2017, 09:58 PM
Of all the things to complain about...

I very much prefer step to dodge roll.

Kondibon
Jun 18, 2017, 10:00 PM
Personally I think it's good if not everyone prefers Hero's play style over the play style of their own class. I dunno why anyone expected any of Hero's weapons to function like they do on their original classes though.

Batty
Jun 18, 2017, 10:17 PM
heh, i know the feeling, there is a guildie who stubornly keeps wishing that he can use the traditional sword PAs alongside hero´s, and that he sees no reason why it shouldnt be able to.

i admit though, that having sacrifical bite on hero would be awesome (maybe even a little OP) but considering that most PAs work alongside their class spesific gear bar, for normal PAs to work on hero they would have to rework how they behave with Hero´s gear bar, and i think sega is a bit lazy on that area

Altiea
Jun 18, 2017, 10:36 PM
;3424162']Then yeah, fuck Hero. Getting it to 80 and then stop touching it and going back to the nerfed Gunner.

That's a... really petty reason not to main a new class.

Xaelouse
Jun 19, 2017, 02:28 AM
There isn't much reason to max it unless you suspect it will be better than FI or GU at their niches, which I doubt.

I hope the class offers something to the party other than just being a new playstyle that takes more work but deals less damage. But seeing as they're gonna nerf a support tech...

[Ayumi]
Jun 19, 2017, 02:34 AM
That's a... really petty reason not to main a new class.

Not when I loathe step.

Kondibon
Jun 19, 2017, 02:53 AM
;3424173']Not when I loathe step.How many points do you usually put in it?

isCasted
Jun 19, 2017, 03:43 AM
Step is omnidirectional, quick and doesn't have crippling recovery frames. It's hard to imagine why one would prefer any other dodge type.

Kondibon
Jun 19, 2017, 03:49 AM
Step is omnidirectional, quick and doesn't have crippling recovery frames. It's hard to imagine why one would prefer any other dodge type.Probably because step barely has any frames of invincibility without any points in it.

final_attack
Jun 19, 2017, 04:52 AM
Probably because step barely has any frames of invincibility without any points in it.

It's ...... something that I'm afraid off, actually o.o
Well, gonna see how tight the invincibility ....... or availability of skills / rings once it's implemented :D

Vatallus
Jun 19, 2017, 08:13 AM
I put 0 points in step since that is enough invinc frames to get past 99% of attacks.

final_attack
Jun 19, 2017, 08:27 AM
Unless ...... some people simply not used to step (since there are weapon action and some PAs with invincibility frames) ;w;

Gonna have to re-learn that step (or see available PAs if it has invincibility frames) ;w;

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 19, 2017, 09:05 AM
I know on Fi I learned to love the I-frames from stepping with Knuckles.... so this isn't an annoyance to me...

Batty
Jun 19, 2017, 11:07 AM
apparently IF in hero might not even be necesary since it seems that you will want to get hit mid step animation in order to perform the hero counter skill

in another news, pso2.swiki.jp has allready created a section for the hero with some additional info, i was wondering if anyone could give an accurate translation of this text:

称号の提示が条件なので、例えば75以上にしたクラスが1キャラ目Hu、2キャラ目Br、3キャラ目Su、 以降のキャラは全て75未満…といった場合でも、オーダー受注可能な全てのキャラでヒーローを解禁する事が 可能。

it seems to explain if you can get the required titles with different characters and still complete the hero unlock CO even if not all characters have a lv 75 stricking, range and tech classes

Calsetes
Jun 19, 2017, 11:26 AM
Yeah, they said a while back that it was title-based, so naturally if you hit whatever point you need to accept that CO (likely one level 75 class) you'll be able to accept the order and unlock Hero so long as your account has the titles (i.e. so long as some character on your account has hit levels 75 ranged, striking, and tech classes between all of them.)

It sounds a lot like the 80 unlock CO, where people say they get the titles on other characters and can just accept / complete the order right off the bat or something as soon as it's available.

Alenoir
Jun 19, 2017, 11:26 AM
it seems to explain if you can get the required titles with different characters and still complete the hero unlock CO even if not all characters have a lv 75 stricking, range and tech classes

Think of it as Lv80 unlock. It's basically that.