PDA

View Full Version : ARKS Investigative Report: Part 2

Altiea
Jun 21, 2017, 12:21 AM
Quest and Enemy data is out. (http://pso2.jp/players/event/5th_anniversary/online/report/quest/)

Some of these stats are amusing, so I'll just point out the ones I like.

Not much has changed in the Quest section, other than the addition of new content. Tokyo is apparently the 2nd most popular field, while Vegas is the least popular field.

So Klotho's COs has more clears than any other COs in the game, yet Hans has had more CO clears total? That seems backwards.

Kinda weird to see Afin and Echo share a spot on a list with Gene and Matoi.

Apparently, at the time of this writing, people really sucked at fighting Mother.

Decol Malluda: Still kicking ass since Episode 2.

Es Anges kills more players than any other regular enemy despite the fact that it only shows up in two Quests in the entire game. Amazing. In fact, it's kinda disturbing how that particular list is dominated mostly by Phantoms...

Pyrei
Jun 21, 2017, 02:33 AM
Es Anges kills more players than any other regular enemy despite the fact that it only shows up in two Quests in the entire game. Amazing. In fact, it's kinda disturbing how that particular list is dominated mostly by Phantoms...

hahaha... dat stun x 5~ > twister spikes (or w/e that move is) is crazy strong

Hysteria1987
Jun 21, 2017, 02:39 AM
Looks like PD kills the most players. No surprises there to me. I find it really hard to see what's going on in that quest thanks to all the flashy effects, not to mention the fact that since you're so close to him, a lot of his attacks come from above you, off screen. PD doesn't exactly project all that clearly.

Vegas might have been a box with other, smaller boxes in it, but I really didn't care for Tokyo, I honestly preferred Vegas - I would have thought Vegas would have beaten Tokyo at least.

Afin's probably number 1 for partner characters because he's just so close to the top of the list I guess :P I understand the use of older characters over new though, if I'm going for non-player partner characters I'll probably use Zeno and Echo at least.

Shinamori
Jun 21, 2017, 03:02 AM
Decol Malluda still killing folks...

doomdragon83
Jun 21, 2017, 03:11 AM
I really hate how almost every enemy has an attack that stuns you and there isn't much you can do other than not being there or being invincible; there's a skill ring for most status effects but not stun. Es Anges version of stun in particular is the absolute worst so far as getting hit once is enough to pin you down for a while; trying to shake out of the stun isn't enough as the next hit reapplies stun on you. You have to then hope you aren't too close to the Anges spikes.

Vegas might have been a box with other, smaller boxes in it, but I really didn't care for Tokyo, I honestly preferred Vegas - I would have thought Vegas would have beaten Tokyo at least.
Vegas is a filthy dump. Somebody thought that RNG enemies and bosses was a good idea. I ended up taking a break from PSO2 after the Vegas CF finished since trying to find Illusia was an aggravating chore. Tokyo at least has an Arks quest that has both tank and train and you can quickly go through it, why was this not done for Vegas? Vegas Free Exploration and Riding quest can both go eat a big one.

Decol Malluda still killing folks...
How? I don't see what's special about it over some other mini boss?

IchijinKali
Jun 21, 2017, 03:17 AM
If I read it right, hard to tell since I'm on my phone, 5th place on NPC partner card usage is frickin Hitsugi. Now that is more disturbing than the whole Echo and Afin on same list as Gene and Matoi. But still a little funny considering I've done at least 100 quests with all 5 of them.

final_attack
Jun 21, 2017, 03:18 AM

1HKO grab-attack (because some people only affix PP), maybe?
Or those shockwaves ....... or just tank that machinegun shots ......

Ezodagrom
Jun 21, 2017, 07:37 AM
You're thinking of Deus Hunas, Es Anges are just these:
http://pso2.jp/players/event/5th_anniversary/online/report/quest/img/screenshot/damage07.png

Lyrise
Jun 21, 2017, 07:54 AM
If I read it right, hard to tell since I'm on my phone, 5th place on NPC partner card usage is frickin Hitsugi. Now that is more disturbing than the whole Echo and Afin on same list as Gene and Matoi. But still a little funny considering I've done at least 100 quests with all 5 of them.

Seiyuu fandom is a very strong thing. 1st and 2nd are Hiro Shimono (forever DT Seiyuu) and Yoko Hikasa. 5th place is Risa Taneda.

IchijinKali
Jun 21, 2017, 08:29 AM
Seiyuu fandom is a very strong thing. 1st and 2nd are Hiro Shimono (forever DT Seiyuu) and Yoko Hikasa. 5th place is Risa Taneda.

By that logic I would hate every character voiced by Dorothy Elias-Fahn just because she voiced Mimori Kiryu in S-CRY-ed and Kamiya Kaoru in Rurouni Kenshin both characters who drove me up the wall whenever a fight broke out involving their love interest and their first thought was 'no Ryuhou/Kenshin don't fight'.

Altiea
Jun 21, 2017, 10:46 AM
By that logic I would hate every character voiced by Dorothy Elias-Fahn just because she voiced Mimori Kiryu in S-CRY-ed and Kamiya Kaoru in Rurouni Kenshin both characters who drove me up the wall whenever a fight broke out involving their love interest and their first thought was 'no Ryuhou/Kenshin don't fight'.

As I've heard, seiyuus are a bit of a bigger deal in Japan than in the West.

Decol has a nasty streak of killing first-timer Striking classes because of his bullet attacks in tower form and his grab attack when you've broken all the tower parts, which both deal an enormous amount of damage if you happen to be standing in front of them.

Meteor Weapon
Jun 21, 2017, 10:51 AM
Every enemy(depending on difficulty) can still kill you if you get caught off guard. Even a god damn Dagan.

Cadfael
Jun 21, 2017, 11:08 AM

Machine gun attack + bad units?

loafhero
Jun 21, 2017, 11:11 AM
Really surprised Forest Exploration (THE 1st Free Field in the game) remains so consistently popular to this day (1st place). Maybe because its soundtrack, visuals and easy enemies are responsible for this?

Train Ghidoran Suppression ranking 3rd isn't a surprise for me as I imagine a lot of people are in love with how both Tokyo bosses (Type 15 Tank and Train Ghidoran) and all Tokyo enemies (albeit in small numbers) are guaranteed spawns. Vegas, meanwhile, can get nuked for all I care (shitty RNG boss spawns).

Gal Gryphon (with the proper health stats) can be a tough son-of-a-bitch to take down.

For EP4 raids, Mother deserves to be more popular than Deus. Deus's cutscene bonanza has gotten old. People will remember gameplay over flashy cinematics, I suppose. Also, pretty impressive PD and Loser remains (4th and 5th respectively) so popular to this day given their age.

Time Attack Harkotan is so simple. No need to remember any puzzles or paths. Just kill enemies as fast as possible. I imagine that to be the reason for why its the most popular Time Attack quest.

Once again, Klotho is the meseta king. Hans and Franka COs are the simplest COs to do and give the best EXP.

Afin and Echo are among the earliest partner cards you can receive, whether you're starting in EP1-3 or EP4. I think this is why their partner cards are the most used as not everyone plays the story. Matoi (EP4) and Hitsugi's partner cards are gated by the Story Board but Matoi's card can be received much earlier than Hitsugi's card so that's probably why Matoi's card usage is more than Hitsugi. I have no clue why Gene's card usage gets 3rd place considering how its entirely possible to miss out on her partner card from skipping out on Gene-related events.

Kondibon
Jun 21, 2017, 11:17 AM
Really surprised Forest Exploration (THE 1st Free Field in the game) remains so consistently popular to this day (1st place). Maybe because its soundtrack, visuals and easy enemies are responsible for this?If this is how often people start a quest, not how often they finish it, then it's entirely possible forest free field is the most popular because it's one of the quests people use to get into the camp ship before an EQ starts.

Zipzo
Jun 21, 2017, 11:44 AM
If this is how often people start a quest, not how often they finish it, then it's entirely possible forest free field is the most popular because it's one of the quests people use to get into the camp ship before an EQ starts.

This, and also I'm fairly certain it's my 'go-to' when I want to just kick-around and try different PAs or class builds, test /compare damage and what have you.

Calsetes
Jun 21, 2017, 11:51 AM
I'm bummed more people don't like Lisa as a partner. I just did the Episode 1 EX mission with her last night and holy shit she's hilarious.

"They're all grouped up in one location. That makes it easier to blow their brains out!"

Arada
Jun 21, 2017, 12:08 PM
So Klotho's COs has more clears than any other COs in the game, yet Hans has had more CO clears total? That seems backwards.

It's not. Hans has many more CO than Klotho.

10 CO x 10000 clears (like Klotho) < 50 CO x 5000 clears (like Hans)

IchijinKali
Jun 21, 2017, 12:09 PM
I'm bummed more people don't like Lisa as a partner. I just did the Episode 1 EX mission with her last night and holy shit she's hilarious.

"They're all grouped up in one location. That makes it easier to blow their brains out!"

Just wait til you see her interactions with Ohga, Marlu, and Fourier. She brings out the CAST side of Fourier, a love of shooting for the sake of shooting. Creeps out Ohga, because she loves slaughtering ALL enemies. Admonishes Marlu for basically being too slow, saying she should pick up the pace so to not be useless.

She also brought that same loveable side for her brief appearances in episode 4. Giving Hitsugi her rite of initiation, Lisa saying she wants to see what it is like to shoot and Earthling. Downright scaring Enga, she deduced how he attacks opponents from just a handshake. Giving Kohri her initiation, acted like she was still an enemy.

Alenoir
Jun 21, 2017, 12:53 PM
Looks like PD kills the most players. No surprises there to me. I find it really hard to see what's going on in that quest thanks to all the flashy effects, not to mention the fact that since you're so close to him, a lot of his attacks come from above you, off screen. PD doesn't exactly project all that clearly.
Try playing on a ranged/tech/summoner class once. His tells aren't that hard to tell once you've see it from far out.

Afin's probably number 1 for partner characters because he's just so close to the top of the list I guess :P I understand the use of older characters over new though, if I'm going for non-player partner characters I'll probably use Zeno and Echo at least.
If anything, that list tells me people are doing matterboard/story stories. Those PCs are all characters that joins you (more than others) in story.

I really hate how almost every enemy has an attack that stuns you and there isn't much you can do other than not being there or being invincible; there's a skill ring for most status effects but not stun. Es Anges version of stun in particular is the absolute worst so far as getting hit once is enough to pin you down for a while; trying to shake out of the stun isn't enough as the next hit reapplies stun on you. You have to then hope you aren't too close to the Anges spikes.
Deus's stun attack does have a tell in the form of voice. Memorize the sound of the phase and run the fuck away whenever he says it.

Altiea
Jun 21, 2017, 01:06 PM
Possibly the only reason Gene is even on the PC list is BOOBS.

Actually, now that I think about it, could Gene possibly be the most popular PSO2 character even though she isn't... a PSO2 character?

ZerotakerZX
Jun 21, 2017, 02:03 PM
Possibly the only reason Gene is even on the PC list is BOOBS.

Actually, now that I think about it, could Gene possibly be the most popular PSO2 character even though she isn't... a PSO2 character?

what kind of characther she is then?

Altiea
Jun 21, 2017, 02:11 PM
what kind of characther she is then?

A PSO2es character?

doomdragon83
Jun 21, 2017, 03:58 PM
1HKO grab-attack (because some people only affix PP), maybe?
Or those shockwaves ....... or just tank that machinegun shots ......

Machine gun attack + bad units?
The grab comes out as soon as you get rid of the 3 body parts, simply move out the way and attack after it misses, just like a Rockbear missing it's grab. Shockwaves can be evaded by going sideways or just dodging through them. The shots can be dodged, one can literally run around it and be safe.

Decol has a nasty streak of killing first-timer Striking classes because of his bullet attacks in tower form and his grab attack when you've broken all the tower parts, which both deal an enormous amount of damage if you happen to be standing in front of them.
I guess this makes sense. Aside EQs like Mothership EQ, new players have access to any featured quest and open parties in areas they don't have access to if I'm not mistaken.

Deus's stun attack does have a tell in the form of voice. Memorize the sound of the phase and run the fuck away whenever he says it.
I do listen out for that but sometimes other players may get too close, that happened to me before and I dodged into stun meant for another player. That part of the fight isn't a big deal, I just hate how over used stun is in general.

Vatallus
Jun 21, 2017, 04:36 PM
Which Deus stun are we talking about? Deus Hunas? The one he always uses right after he teleports when reaching a certain damage threshold?

Ryuhou
Jun 22, 2017, 06:24 AM
Not Deus Hunar but the Es Angel mobs.They don't have any particularly op moves.

I actually am surprised. PD has ARKS level after all whereas Deus hits harder and faster (PD does not have a 3k+ damage move used normally) and there is no cushion.

Not to mention Deus Hunar First Phase (don't know the real name) is incredibly cheap with the stun spammage.

The red gas can quickly add up to very high damage, the grab is often a ohko and the red energy waves are sometimes hard to dodge and also do high damage.
In ep 2 weapons were a lot slower so it could be hard to attack without taking damage as dodging often took so much time that Malluda was already attacking again right afterwards.
I used to die easily to him.

Almost all major NPCs in PSO2 have a popular seiyuu. Also, Hitsugi is a very likable character regardless of voice.
Also also, wtf? What is disturbing about this?
Especially, Most Ep 1 characters are pretty lame. Afin is a wet towel, a wannabe that calls you bro but always feels like a pretty one sided friendship.
And Echo is a generic tsundere.
I get freaked out a lot more by them being popular.