PDA

View Full Version : EP5: More PAs or More PA Customs?

Altiea
Jun 23, 2017, 12:19 PM
EP4 didn't give us anything in the way of new PAs for classes other than Summoner, instead opting to repurpose old, unused PAs into shiny new Customs that are a lot better (except Nabarta Type-0). But with EP5 on the horizon with a bunch of new balance changes, some people are wondering when we're gonna get new Arts.

Would you like to see new Arts or new Customs? If Customs, which Arts and how would they be customized?

Moffen
Jun 23, 2017, 12:45 PM
Please do something about poor cruel throw.
The PA has never ever been good.

Nabarta-0 is fine.its just an Ice ignition parry.
Just tap the thing and it works wonders.
I run fo/fi and i'll be able to spec into ice soon so I have the extra multis to back it up lul.

Whatever the launcher blow-up doll PA is.
That SERIOUSLY needs a change lmao.

Ezodagrom
Jun 23, 2017, 01:49 PM
I'd be fine with just more customs, though a few new PAs would be nice too (especially for boots and dual blades).

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 23, 2017, 02:00 PM
While JB did just get Strike Gust-0 not too long ago.....I'd love if JB had a different PA altogether....

Mattykins
Jun 23, 2017, 03:13 PM
I wouldn't mind more dual-mode gunslash PAs that work like streswei. :V Or maybe some customs in that vein.

cheapgunner
Jun 23, 2017, 03:24 PM
Yes, more techs. Bring us the groujnd techs from PSU. Giant rock through, grounjd snakes and crowns of rocks jetting from the ground up.

Sanguine2009
Jun 23, 2017, 06:45 PM
WAND PAS
A
N
D

P
A
S

MightyHarken
Jun 23, 2017, 09:06 PM
sword needs an arc of delicerance kind of PA. Where you charge an attack for a long time to unload a heavy blow. IŽd give it a 6 second charge for a whoopin 6500% power

ArcaneTechs
Jun 24, 2017, 12:39 AM
some more JB PA's would be great so I can actually start using JB's again

LordKaiser
Jun 24, 2017, 01:15 AM
I had never crafted a PA before, I need to seek out a guide to know what exactly is the best formula for each PA on a given class.

GHNeko
Jun 24, 2017, 01:25 AM
new katana PAs that work godlike on FiBr :wacko:

XykeVayaris
Jun 25, 2017, 06:14 AM
Was hoping for asagiri craft for a while but since it's getting on the buffed boat, well I guess it wouldn't be touched for a while now.
Also tails (do technically) get PAs and wand is still as lonely as ever

SteveCZ
Jun 25, 2017, 11:33 PM
I wish for longer asagiri with 8 PP on first dash (and whatever PP after for the slashes) so I don't need to dash only with boring Guren.

Selphea
Jun 26, 2017, 05:29 AM
new katana PAs that work godlike on FiBr :wacko:

Doesn't FiBr already have Sakura 0 Gekka though :O

And I still want a 20PP Jet Boots PA ;_;

FantasyHeaven
Jun 26, 2017, 03:15 PM
They need to stop bandaiding PAs with customs. For example normal sacrifice bite has absolutely no use and the custom is an upgrade in every way. It just makes no sense and makes the devs seem incompetent (which they are in a lot of ways).

Zorak000
Jun 27, 2017, 12:11 PM
I think they are moving to a "less is more" structure, they can't quite remove what they got in so far but I guess they can use customs to amplify or redefine a PA's role.

sacbite 0 though yeah that should have just been a buff

GHNeko
Jun 27, 2017, 03:09 PM
Doesn't FiBr already have Sakura 0 Gekka though :O

And I still want a 20PP Jet Boots PA ;_;

yeah fibr has end0 gekka but

but i want more

somethign to make up for the disadvantages of no main class counter bonus, gear bonus, and poor weapon pool. lmao

Selphea
Jun 27, 2017, 08:06 PM
yeah fibr has end0 gekka but

but i want more

somethign to make up for the disadvantages of no main class counter bonus, gear bonus, and poor weapon pool. lmao

That ship's sailed tho :'D unless they buff Br's subclass damage so FiBr can use Fi weapons to hit weak points with charged attacks for way more damage than FiHu

Exxy
Jun 27, 2017, 09:50 PM
Change the Kestrel Rampage Type 0's last hits.

Ryuhou
Jun 28, 2017, 05:55 AM
Please do something about poor cruel throw.
The PA has never ever been good.
It used to have high damage vs mos but it seems the finisher damage was nerfed into triple digits, I tested it a bunch of times and I only ever saw triple digit damage, against small mobs, big mobs and bosses.

Zorak000
Jun 28, 2017, 10:01 AM
That ship's sailed tho :'D unless they buff Br's subclass damage so FiBr can use Fi weapons to hit weak points with charged attacks for way more damage than FiHu
that'll never happen though, since braver's equivalent to JA Bonus 1+2 are Katana Combat JA Bonus and Rapid Shoot Advance.

Fury sub hunter isn't on top just because fury is easy to use on nearly every weapon or for the survivability that skills like massive hunter, automate, and iron will offer; it's also because JA Bonus 1+2 are ridiculously strong for how easy they are to use

Ryuhou
Jun 30, 2017, 01:52 AM
Well, it's not like Fury Stance or survivability are hard to use either...

Golgotha
Jun 30, 2017, 04:39 AM
Seeing how they're keen on disconnecting new stuff with the old stuff, I would expect new PA crafts as soon as the rest of crafting becomes relevant.

i.e. not with advanced classes on board.

Ryuhou
Jun 30, 2017, 05:16 AM
I REALLY want new pas over more pa customizations.
Of course it's very nice to get pas as most Type 0 crafts are practically that but the problem is that in several cases both the original and the Type 0 are good and even if you go with Type 0 cause it's better, it stills stings to not be able to use the original anymore.
For example Zonde or Twister Fall or Sakura Endo (T0 eats pp so fast it becomes a big problem cause dps isn't everything).

That's why I really don't want any more T0 customizations, it would have been far better if pas only got technique style stat enhancement crafts and all T0 crafts would be new pas and new techs (there are almost enough enough T0 crafts already to make a new category of techs for each element).

Not to mention some weapons still have only few pas like JBs and even DBs don't have that many.

Altiea
Jun 30, 2017, 10:02 AM
Not to mention some weapons still have only few pas like JBs and even DBs don't have that many.

Since when did Blades have "a few" PAs? DBs have as many PAs as every other weapon except Boots. Boots are the main issue in this department, because SEGA seriously boxed themselves into a corner when trying to come up with how Boots PAs work.

Golgotha
Jul 2, 2017, 04:10 PM
You were supposed to use a mix of tech and PAs on boots, hence the option of setting them into palette alongside. Its also the only casting class that can do so in the air. There were even several tech rings to reinforce this intent.

The problem is that techs simply don't work outside of compound spam on Fo, so every boot BoHu (which is entire Bo population) stuffs palette with gale vinto vinto and expects more PAs to spam for gear fill. Its kind of different issue, but I hope you get the point. It happened with Gunner after sroll nerf, except there is no nonFo tech buff, and no Kimura official posts on how to play tech bouncer without hurting yourself.

reinforcers
Jul 2, 2017, 11:21 PM
I hope too, especially for Bouncer that only have some PAs, which make the class less variation to play

Ryuhou
Jul 3, 2017, 05:46 AM
Since when did Blades have "a few" PAs? DBs have as many PAs as every other weapon except Boots. Boots are the main issue in this department, because SEGA seriously boxed themselves into a corner when trying to come up with how Boots PAs work.
DBs still have notably less pas than all other melee weapons.
Sword and Katana have 11 pas but DBs only have 7 pas. Not as few as jbs but still lacking some variety.

But yeah, Sega was very ambitious with boots. I like it cause it's an interesting mechanic but it means each boot pa is basically 2 pas in one.

You were supposed to use a mix of tech and PAs on boots, hence the option of setting them into palette alongside. Its also the only casting class that can do so in the air. There were even several tech rings to reinforce this intent.

The problem is that techs simply don't work outside of compound spam on Fo, so every boot BoHu (which is entire Bo population) stuffs palette with gale vinto vinto and expects more PAs to spam for gear fill. Its kind of different issue, but I hope you get the point. It happened with Gunner after sroll nerf, except there is no nonFo tech buff, and no Kimura official posts on how to play tech bouncer without hurting yourself.
Yeah. Sadly without fo or te sub there is no point using any attack techs so teching hybrids are always limited to support and healing techs.