PDA

View Full Version : Am I screwed?

xTAZORx
Jun 26, 2017, 06:05 AM
I'm aware this topic may be quite usual, but I couldn't find a satisfying answer (Or maybe it's just I refuse to lose my 350 hours account xD)
I came back playing after a year or so, and now I've remembered I had set up that Google Authenticator thingy, but my phone from when I was playing is not working anymore and I'm desperate -_- (And no, I don't have the termination code)
I created a new account but it's a pain in the ass to grind again during hours and hours..
I know the only solution is to contact directly Sega and that they won't answer unless the email is in Japanese ^^;
If this is really the only solution to this issue, then I'm really screwed xD
My Japanese is really precary and I don't think google translate would do either..
Does someone have something like a sample email in japanese to use in this cases? xD
(It would be really handy for the community if you think of it :-P)

It's so depressing to start over again, so I need to try at least T.T

ralf542
Jun 26, 2017, 06:21 AM
Yes you need to contact SEGA in japanese and pray that they offer support to a gaijin.

Be glad, at least you locked out yourself from your account and not some random stranger hacked it. Totally worth it.

Lyrise
Jun 26, 2017, 08:56 AM
If anything though, getting the authenticator removed is a lot easier than any specific PSO2 related problem because it affects your entire Sega ID account, which is a completely different department. Only a small number of SEGA ID linked games even have the Japan only clause, so I wouldn't be too concerned. Just make sure your request is written in half-decent Japanese and you should be OK.

Something like removing a PSN link to a PSO2 account is specifically a PSO2 problem, and of course that type of problem is going to get more scrutiny.

xTAZORx
Jul 4, 2017, 06:05 AM
If anything though, getting the authenticator removed is a lot easier than any specific PSO2 related problem because it affects your entire Sega ID account, which is a completely different department. Only a small number of SEGA ID linked games even have the Japan only clause, so I wouldn't be too concerned. Just make sure your request is written in half-decent Japanese and you should be OK.

Something like removing a PSN link to a PSO2 account is specifically a PSO2 problem, and of course that type of problem is going to get more scrutiny.

I managed to write an email in a decent japanese, but now they ask to fill up a formulary with some information like address and secret answer (which I think I may remember, but I'm not sure since I never paid too much attention to secret answers..)
I don't quite understand why should they ask for all that information just to remove google authenticator though..

ZerotakerZX
Jul 4, 2017, 06:38 AM
I managed to write an email in a decent japanese, but now they ask to fill up a formulary with some information like address and secret answer (which I think I may remember, but I'm not sure since I never paid too much attention to secret answers..)
I don't quite understand why should they ask for all that information just to remove google authenticator though..
You can use this to generate some fake data
http://www.fakeaddressgenerator.com/World_more/Japan_address_generator
as for the secret question. YOu can just try and effin guess every one of them (you can try and answer all the question at once if not sure). Well, if you fail wait for another email from sega, maybe they can offer some other options. or maybe not, then you gonna be tottaly screwed for sure.

Lyrise
Jul 4, 2017, 08:41 AM

That's the very nature of 2FA (two-factor authentication). They aren't doing this to give you a hard time, it's to prevent people who manage to steal your login and password from accessing account/information. They need to be able to verify that you are who you say you are.

If you lack that information you could be in a bit of a jam though. (This is why I tell people use as much real information as possible. Even if you have to use the address of a forwarding service, at the very least, it's still associated to you in some way. As for your name, you can transliterate it to katakana, and they still won't care, but at the very least you wouldn't forget it.)

I think though, with the ongoing events, the 350 hours you would lose can be easily made up awful quickly, so it's not a total loss.

http://www.fakeaddressgenerator.com/World_more/Japan_address_generator
as for the secret question. YOu can just try and effin guess every one of them (you can try and answer all the question at once if not sure). Well, if you fail wait for another email from sega, maybe they can offer some other options. or maybe not, then you gonna be tottaly screwed for sure.

They aren't looking for him to provide a new address, they're looking for him to provide his actual address used during signup, that's not exactly something you can claim that you forget.

ZerotakerZX
Jul 4, 2017, 10:37 AM
That's the very nature of 2FA (two-factor authentication). They aren't doing this to give you a hard time, it's to prevent people who manage to steal your login and password from accessing account/information. They need to be able to verify that you are who you say you are.

If you lack that information you could be in a bit of a jam though. (This is why I tell people use as much real information as possible. Even if you have to use the address of a forwarding service, at the very least, it's still associated to you in some way. As for your name, you can transliterate it to katakana, and they still won't care, but at the very least you wouldn't forget it.)

I think though, with the ongoing events, the 350 hours you would lose can be easily made up awful quickly, so it's not a total loss.

They aren't looking for him to provide a new address, they're looking for him to provide his actual address used during signup, that's not exactly something you can claim that you forget.

I dont remember segaid reg page having things like name and adress at all. Only nickname, mail, birthdate and secret question

Sirius-91
Jul 4, 2017, 02:06 PM
I dont remember segaid reg page having things like name and adress at all. Only nickname, mail, birthdate and secret question
They do actually, just at the time, you would only need to fill that out if you were buying AC via webmoney. But now they require you to fill that out completely, the next time you log in via the website (and update your password).

pkemr4
Jul 4, 2017, 10:51 PM
They do actually, just at the time, you would only need to fill that out if you were buying AC via webmoney. But now they require you to fill that out completely, the next time you log in via the website (and update your password).

the name field never worked for me when doing account stuff, does it require kanji?