PDA

View Full Version : Buster Quest Discussion: "We Need A New Gameplay Mode", SEGA Said

Pages : [1] 2

Altiea
Jun 26, 2017, 11:09 PM
Welcome to Buster Quests, which are basically EQs, but not EQs!

Buster Quests are the "revolutionary" new gameplay mode for Episode 5! In Buster Quests, players must defend their Buster Towers from enemy attacks, then when the time is right, strike back with the powerful Buster Pile (that definitely wasn't stolen from another Phantasy Star game that has "Busters" and "Piles") and face down the demon boss.

Matching

Buster Quests will be sorted into three gameplay modes:

Main Match: Standard Buster Quest. Main Match has a limit as to how many times it can be played per day; this limit resets at 5 AM JST. In Main Match, player stats are capped according to your Grade. Winning a Main Match will increase your Buster Points, while losing will decrease your Buster Points.
Main Match Advanced: Standard Buster Quest for Grade 3+. Shares a play limit with Main Match. Unlike Main Match, stats aren't capped in Advanced. Requires 3000 Buster Points to participate. Requires 80/80 or Hero 80 to play. Advanced has the same drop pool as Main Match, but has a higher rate of dropping good loot. Winning an Advanced Match will not increase BP, but losing will decrease BP.
Free Match: Buster Quest with unlimited play time. Playing Free Match will restore some up to 3 play points to Main Match and Main Match Advanced. Winning a Free Match will not raise your BP, but losing will decrease BP.

In addition, Buster Quests will support Cross-Block Matching. However, the Expert match option will not function for Free Match.

Grade System

Unlike regular Quests, Buster Quests run on the Grade System. There are three levels of Grade; Grade determines enemy level, enemy spawns, and player stats, all of which scale to the Grade Level. Grade 3 is identical to XH difficulty.

Grade 1: Enemies are Lv. 20. Players whose stats are higher than the limit have their stats capped accordingly.
Grade 2: Enemies are Lv. 50. Players whose stats are higher than the limit have their stats capped accordingly.
Grade 3: Enemies are Lv. 75. No upper limit on stats.
Grade 3+: Main Match Advanced. Enemies are Lv. 80. No upper limit on stats.

Towers

At the start of a Buster Quest, each player is assigned to a Buster Tower which they must protect. Unlike a Mining Base, Buster Towers are armed with several types of defense weapons. You can select one of four types of Defense Weapon loadouts at the start of the Quest:

Balance
Defense
Attack
Special

Each type of loadout contains a variety of weapons, which include armaments such as:

Photon Punisher: Obliterate your foes with a satellite cannon!
Telepipe Cannon: Deploy Telepipes from your Tower.
Barriers: Various types of Barriers are available; Buster Towers can use the Freeze Barrier as well, and new Barrier types are included.
Turrets: Deploy ranged armaments such as Shotguns and Gatling Guns for some last minute defense
And More!

Phases

Buster Quests are split into five Phases.

Defense Phase: Protect your Buster Towers while collecting Mana scattered on the field. Mana can be consumed to power your Defense Weapons and restore HP to your Buster Towers.
Buster Phase: Consume your Mana reserves to summon the Buster Pile, a giant spear that can be used to destroy the Demonic Barriers protecting the boss. You'll need to protect your Buster Pile while it's charging up; if it's destroyed, you must return to Defense Phase and collect more Mana to summon another Buster Pile.
Attack Phase: Engage the Demonic Castle in direct combat. Defeating it in this phase will transition to the Final Defense Phase.
Final Defense: Stay alive while surviving the onslaught of vicious attacks. If you can make it, the party will transition to the Final Attack Phase.
Final Attack: Destroy the Demonic Castle within the time limit to clear the Buster Quest. If you can make it this far, you can still receive clear rewards even if you fail. However, better rewards are dispensed for clearing, and the higher your Clear Rank, the better the drops.

EDIT: Now updated with a video trailer!

https://youtu.be/_ZRPlUq4Ud0

Mattykins
Jun 27, 2017, 12:50 AM
So help me Jesus, if they implement cross-block matching on the main ship and only do it for these Buster Quests and not for EQs...

Altiea
Jun 27, 2017, 01:02 AM
So help me Jesus, if they implement cross-block matching on the main ship and only do it for these Buster Quests and not for EQs...

I thought the EP5 trailer showed off cross-block matching for Deus?

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 27, 2017, 02:43 AM
Can you really steal ideas from yourself?

Ryuhou
Jun 27, 2017, 05:27 AM
No, that's called recycling.

Anyway I doubt we will ever see EQ block matching. At the moment the sole purpose of the premium set that probably is an important source of revenue for Sega is getting into blocks that are full for free players in order to get a better EQ party. If cross block matching would be used, there was no point to use it anymore.

Then, wouldn't be the first time Sega did something in PSO2 that was bad for business, though it probably would be the first time they'd do something that's bad for business but also good for players.

Cross block EQ matching (I pray this and buster quests distinguish between general XH and expert blocks) would hugely improve the game because it's no longer a huge rush to get into a good block and no more a big problem if you are a bit late. Usually if you start late you see a lot of different low number mpas on the ship who could already start doing the eq if they weren't separated by block. Ad changing block can take up to 2 minutes with lag so it's also a huge problem by itself, not to mention that if you join a party on another block and the mpa changes you don't join the quest, even if the mpa still has space for you once you arrive in the new block.

Also, this would be a disaster if shared vita blocks would be added and wouldn't have their own separate pool. I assume that's inevitable because they are shared with vita but it's not guaranteed with sega's track record of terribad coding and stupid decisions. This would cause problems in a number of quests and for some reason ship 2 vita players are utter crap. Consistently I get the worst runs ever there and not even when I got into a B1 mpa before expert blocks were introduced.

Then again, maybe Sega wants to transition away from premium sets cause they aren't selling well anyway and so we won't get new gear passes either, but Sega will just extend current profit generating features or add new ones.
I really hope this is the case.
While expected, I assume jps will be annoyed and might complain if we need passes again to trade 13* weapons and 12* units.

Zorak000
Jun 27, 2017, 11:15 AM
they said cross block matching will be able to still restrict your matches to expert blocks. also yeah the ep5 reveal trailer explicitly showed cross-block matching working for deus too.

anyway, for the last few months I was saying to myself that I wished that EQs did exactly this; always up and repeatable but with a cap on quest-clears for getting the good drops, but with some form of incentive to help out people who haven't reached their limit. The main/free system sounds close enough though. The existing EQ triggers would be the only outlier, but I guess they could be recycled to just refresh your personal clear-limit instead. Baby step for now I suppose. Though I do hope we see some kind of revisal to the current EQ setup, we just got too many to care about right now. Granted; Deus, Mother, and Yamato are the ones on top, but even that feels like too much between wanting file progress, fuse progress, and collecting factors to try to make Factor Catalysts, the schedule is getting really crowded! Onion, Eldser, Demise, and VR all got their own incentives to run, but even those feel like they are just getting in the way more than not. Wind and Rain is in between those groups in my opnion but now I am getting off track, this thread's about Busted Quests not Ennui Quests.

This sounds pretty interesting, the more I hear the more I kinda like it, but really I will need to play it for myself a bit to see if it really manages to work

LancerFate
Jun 27, 2017, 12:31 PM
they said cross block matching will be able to still restrict your matches to expert blocks. also yeah the ep5 reveal trailer explicitly showed cross-block matching working for deus too.

It's actually nice feature , i hope they add more expert blocks, because in prime time for JP they always full.

Alenoir
Jun 27, 2017, 02:02 PM
It's actually nice feature , i hope they add more expert blocks, because in prime time for JP they always full.
I've never seen it fully fills up during Japan prime time on ship 2.

Gwyndolin
Jun 27, 2017, 03:13 PM
I think I'll wait and see how the quest pans out... I find the TDs kind of irritating to run generally speaking (at least in non team groups) so I hope its different enough from those eqs.

Great Pan
Jun 27, 2017, 07:07 PM
Nononononononononononononononono! I dun wanna play with those XH block peasants! They always ruinning my MPA! Let the weak be with the weak!

NightfallG
Jun 27, 2017, 11:40 PM
Nononononononononononononononono! I dun wanna play with those XH block peasants! They always ruinning my MPA! Let the weak be with the weak!

Read between the lines on this, and it's Sega admitting there might be a population dropoff problem.

Ether
Jun 28, 2017, 12:30 AM
At first I was thinking of the buster quest as a replacement for a free field, but it makes a lot more sense to think of it as an EQ that is just always available. I'm not a fan of the mining base missions at all, but I can see this and cross-block matching leading to good things in the future.

Hopefully cross block matching means you can actually get a party for ultimate amduscia or riding quests without waiting hours

GHNeko
Jun 28, 2017, 01:16 AM
Read between the lines on this, and it's Sega admitting there might be a population dropoff problem.

Or....

It could be because they realized that block camping is a bit of a problem that hurts casuals more than helps because it routes people into working their schedule around the game and makes it more of a chore to play through content which ruins the fun factor and makes it more likely to give up. A lot of people dont like how EQs are time gated and having to camp blocks just to get a decent MPA is a huge pita for many.

It also helps multi-shippers who can end up coming to a 2ndary ship too late and get stuck with an awful party.

with block matching, more people who dont have as much time to waste can get full MPAs and greater chances for quality runs.

Not sure why people want to jump straight to "lol pso2 is dying" :thonk:

Ryuhou
Jun 30, 2017, 06:09 AM
In general the mad rush of a 30 minute window to start the best quests in the game ruins most of their fun. Especially since that limited time (and no banhammer) means you cannot really choose your mpa and can easily be stuck with leechers (I keep running into them in exp blocks, yesterday someone actually said "carry me XD".
If there is no need for a mad rush and if you don't have to worry one bad mpa will ruin your drops for the day it will be a lot more relaxed.

Anyway, buster Quests sound fun, but long. And considering ship 2's terribad track record with TDs among randoms and many so called "Pro" teams, I doubt after the initial rush when you can easily find good players in random mpas it will be the same as with any TD that isn't 1, mediocre results if lucky, crap results or actual failure if not.

Rien
Jun 30, 2017, 07:45 AM
What I want to know is- can we lock MPA and do friends/team-only busters?

Tymek
Jun 30, 2017, 07:57 AM
Is this all we know so far?

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 30, 2017, 08:02 AM
To say Expert blocks is better a bit bias I'd say. I've seen good/bad MPA in both respectively. This includes seeing leechers.

Expert block doesn't automatically mean you're better

Ryuhou
Jul 3, 2017, 05:28 AM
Mostly it does. I have some friends that are good players but haven't gotten lvl 80 yet and are stuck in XH and as mentioned before I keep running into leechers in expert blocks.
But the majority of players will be better in expert blocks than in XH It is a huge difference because even though I see them occasionally, I still see FAR fewer leechers than before expert blocks were introduced. And most of them at least have semi-usable units (unchanged ideal set ho). If you call them out some may even switch to better weapons.

On the other hand before expert blocks I kept running into B1 people with unground 2* units and unground 8* weapons.

I have to say though, for some EQs the difference between XH and expert blocks isn't much. I did a few Rainy Season EQ run in XH blocks and got 3 runs, just like in expert blocks.

TBH 3-4 is best anyway, any faster and each run will be a mad ash to clear codes and the instant I stop to kill an enemy I will zone and miss drops out because some rushers are already killing bosses far ahead.
That defeats the purpose. Not just less drops per run but far more importantly, the point of playing is fun and it is no fun whatsoever to only run after rushers and not even be able stay to kill any mobs and rarely getting more than 1 or 2 hits in on a boss before it dies it just stupid. No idea what these people even play the EQ for because they skip most bosses crystals. Maybe they waste the entire EQ just for the tiny chance of an Izane or Emper Rappy at the end.

oratank
Jul 3, 2017, 05:42 AM
. Maybe they waste the entire EQ just for the tiny chance of an Izane or Emper Rappy at the end.

yes it worth when you got more than 10 thousand excube nothing in rain matter except those two

Ryuhou
Jul 3, 2017, 05:47 AM
lol
But still, that is infuriating because they ruin the fun for everyone else. That's even worse than leechers cause leechers are not nearly as disruptive.

oratank
Jul 3, 2017, 06:05 AM
i don't see where is the fun of 12mpa disintegrate thing in a sec. that why buster quest reduce it to 8

Zorak000
Jul 3, 2017, 09:37 AM
I think it was saying that a maximum of 4 players will be able to deploy the defensive equipment in the quest, so I guess it'll differ to the 4 players with the highest buster rank points or whatever. the maximum number of things that can be deployed of each type are also shared between the MPA, to say the least, it will be interesting to see how that all turns out

loafhero
Jul 4, 2017, 12:21 AM
New video showcasing the Buster Quest mechanics was just uploaded:

Probably should edit this video in on the first page.

Also, it seems like they've added a bit more color into the map. The pre-quest start zone looks neat and detailed but I couldn't help but laugh at how none of the items there like swords, spears and paper maps are ever going to be useful to a group of futuristic space soldiers.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 4, 2017, 12:26 AM
Some enemies are weak to light.
Others to fire.
I feel like they put the damn tag in the top-left intentionally in a crap attempt to hide the fact, but only accomplished making it far more annoying and pissing me off.

oratank
Jul 4, 2017, 12:37 AM
well a slow trap doesn't slow down at all

all of those defend system where is AIS or somekind of Magitek.bayonetta2 have that so square can't sue you

Altiea
Jul 4, 2017, 01:11 AM
New video showcasing the Buster Quest mechanics was just uploaded:

Probably should edit this video in on the first page.

Also, it seems like they've added a bit more color into the map. The pre-quest start zone looks neat and detailed but I couldn't help but laugh at how none of the items there like swords, spears and paper maps are ever going to be useful to a group of futuristic space soldiers.

Alright, will edit as soon as possible.

Man, it looks like they're really going all out with the "medieval" aesthetic. Even the UI for the Quests and stuff looks all flowery and grand.

Also, it looks like Fairy Xierra is our Operator for the Episode, so...

Meteor Weapon
Jul 4, 2017, 01:47 AM
Hotdamn, I wonder if this quest will take the next TD against Full Form Apprentice in a new approach. Well at least the medieval aesthetic doesnt look too bland. It was kinda Sega's mistake using low quality trailer back then making everything look flat lol.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 4, 2017, 02:26 AM
PSO2 X CoC

loafhero
Jul 4, 2017, 02:40 AM
I'm surprised that the gattling gun turrets turned out really powerful. Looks like its best used against slow enemies.

The wall barrier looks like the most reliable ability in the map especially when the tougher, fast running enemies spawn.

Not sure if the electric trap will be used that often.

Those orbital blasts look awesome. I can imagine a combo combining the tower freeze ability and then blasting the trapped monsters with the orbital blasts.

PokeminMaster
Jul 4, 2017, 02:42 AM
The Heroes are named Break and Sil'fer... nice

Poyonche
Jul 4, 2017, 04:11 AM
I hope it would come with Hero release on 26th but nope, it is coming early August (so the following week I guess), a little disappointed but looking at the content it looks promising.

Asellus
Jul 4, 2017, 04:14 AM
I hope it would come with Hero release on 26th but nope, it is coming early August (so the following week I guess), a little disappointed but looking at the content it looks promising.

Looks like TD with a twist.

morkie
Jul 4, 2017, 04:17 AM
release early August? so we have time to play old EQ using Heroes class

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 4, 2017, 04:20 AM
Make sense.....gives you time to prep for the Buster Quest.....

Tymek
Jul 4, 2017, 04:57 AM
So, EP5 will not introduce any new fields?

Ryuhou
Jul 4, 2017, 05:25 AM
i don't see where is the fun of 12mpa disintegrate thing in a sec. that why buster quest reduce it to 8
That's exactly what I was saying.

TehCubey
Jul 4, 2017, 06:54 AM
Wow, the field doesn't look like a flat featureless plain anymore. It actually looks good now.

I wonder how will scaling work. This is not an MMO where your stats depend almost exclusively on equipped item level, we all know it's about affixes, and these can be wildly variable.

Shinamori
Jul 4, 2017, 07:22 AM
That's exactly what I was saying.

Until the 7 other players are running around with LR units, +1~,+10 13* with blow resist affixes.

Altiea
Jul 4, 2017, 10:17 AM
You know, I could never figure out why every single PSO2 official trailer has like, a ton of dislikes.

loafhero
Jul 4, 2017, 12:04 PM
You know, I could never figure out why every single PSO2 official trailer has like, a ton of dislikes.

Probably just people still butthurt over no western release (yes, there's still a lot of them around).

TehCubey
Jul 4, 2017, 01:56 PM
Probably just people still butthurt over no western release (yes, there's still a lot of them around).

Not quite. I mean, it's entirely possible that some of the downvotes came from people who wanted a western release, but a significant number of them is from Japanese fans, believe it or not.

A part of the (Japanese) fanbase is very vocal about their hate for Hero as a class, and I'm almost entirely sure it's them.

Golgotha
Jul 4, 2017, 02:11 PM
So ep5 launches with a class and este booth tweaks?
Nice episode guys.

For buster quest, theres more dislikes on average. At least one of the top japanese comments flat out calls buster quest boring. This is unusual way of speech.
7-10 dislikes for any other video is a median from english subscribers, but this time it breaks records.

oratank
Jul 4, 2017, 02:24 PM
best thing of ep5 is material and gathering storage :D

LancerFate
Jul 4, 2017, 03:00 PM
Buster Quests also have a feature that automatically adjusts stats based on the Grade. This helps curb the overwhelming discrepancy of stats between players. (from bumped).
Well will see how it works out.

Ether
Jul 4, 2017, 03:49 PM
So what is the point of getting better gear if the quest is just going to balance everyone out?

Zephyrion
Jul 4, 2017, 04:01 PM
So what is the point of getting better gear if the quest is just going to balance everyone out?

We'll have to see how the downscale applies, but it will very likely be something percentage-based, meaning that they'll probably apply flat % down/up to players, so the better the gear, the less problematic is the loss of stat (or the better the gain for the other side).
They could also cumulate and then equally share the stats across the players, but again, the better your own gear his, the better the pool would become. meaning better shared stats in the end

Again not much info about it yet, but I definitely think they won't just straight out reduce your stats to match the other player's stats

loafhero
Jul 5, 2017, 12:57 AM
The other reason I can think of as to the dislikes on the video probably stems from how people aren't entirely fond of the idea of no new Free Field and ARKS quest maps as per usual of every new Episode.

Ryuhou
Jul 5, 2017, 04:36 AM
Until the 7 other players are running around with LR units, +1~,+10 13* with blow resist affixes.
I - what? I have no idea where you draw a connection. You might not be aware of it but in expert blocks about 80% of the players are neither leecher nor rushing snobs. You really can have one without the other.

They are all shit. The video quality is total crap and it says a lot about a company if they cannot even be assed to make decent advertisement for their own products. That is how little Sega cares.
That is why so many things about PSO2 are halfassed or stupid even though it's relatively easy to fix them. Hell even things like the damage formula are super easy to fix (just change from multiplying every to added multipliers and only using them once at the end).
There is a lot overall but individual most issues are not all that big. Yet Sega most of them.

As for buster quests, the one and only problem is that they are similar to TD, and will most likely require a lot of strategy and coordination compared to mobbing / boss eqs.
Cause of that runs with randoms will inevitably be as failure prone as TD4, which even so called pro teams have a hard time getting more than B rank in and XH randoms frequently fail it.

But the grade system and the other mechanics might prevent the worst.

Kondibon
Jul 5, 2017, 04:44 AM
Hell even things like the damage formula are super easy to fix (just change from multiplying every to added multipliers and only using them once at the end).Why do people always thing wide sweeping changes like these are as simple to implement as just making the change? That would completely throw the game's balance out of whack.

Also, for that specific thing, that implies that it's broken in the first place. For better or for worse, it's most likely intentional.

Ryuhou
Jul 5, 2017, 05:41 AM
Why do people always believe the game is balanced? Anyone can see it's a total mess. Why do you think Sega is nerfing almost all burst damage to hell and adds various mechanics to adjust Buster Quest difficulty, even stating there is a big difference in damage between players?

The fucking point of fixing the damaging formula is because it is a broken mess right now and fixing it so not everything gets multiplied would greatly help the balance.

One important thing in rpgs are numbers. It's not coincidence damage numbers are displayed. Most people that play rpgs are nerdy enough to like big numbers in this context. Which means a damage formula that exaggerates each damage mod and thus forcing the numbers down will inevitably make people care less about class skills and weapon potentials if the numbers are low, look at Quliphad the potential, the damage buff is a mere 2% higher than everything else starting with Austere about 2 years ago and Zeinesis still only has the 12% and party heal no one cares about remotely as much.

If players don't get motivated by weapon potentials and weapon stats are not rising much either, Sega spends time money and effort to create new content players don't care much about. If I wouldn't believe we'll be able to sell 13* around mid ep 5 I wouldn't even bother with any Zeinesis and probably would still have my first set of sheets at 100% deus drop but would not care enough to kill any of other bosses.
The damage formula and the burst damage prevent proper game balance and thus force sega to keep weapon power creep small . That's also why austere is virtually unsurpassed for over 2 years.
Even now only 14*, Quliphad with a good affix and maybe Gix if you can consistently keep the potential procced almost every run have any notable edge on austere.
If Sega could make power creep stronger, there would be no need for austere to remain so good for so long because sega could add stronger weapons and people would have really cared a lot more.
But they can't without the multipliers making people even more op as they are now because of the broken damage formula.

And now, it's a nightmare for Sega that the game is so unbalanced. Look at all the extra effort and time they have to spend on fixing the problems with OP players.
Magatsu's new run limit, performing ship transfers only during maintenance, all new EQ bosses only rarely permitting burst damage setup, all those new eqs with run limits like TD 4 and even some mobbing EQs like last Easter and not to mention WB Jam which Sega had to implement individually for every new boss and EQ.

If the game was balanced, they would not have this trouble and quite obviously they really dislike the imbalance considering how fast they react whenever OP players exploit some trick to kill faster and get more rewards, hell once they didn't manage to fix a CT related OP setup in time they even threatened to ban people that use it before it was fixed the next maintenance. The only reason I can think of why it gets at least partially fixed only now is because some higher ups must have opposed it for a long time because they don't understand the game.

Altiea
Jul 5, 2017, 05:47 AM
Why do people always believe the game is balanced? Anyone can see it's a total mess. Why do you think Sega is nerfing almost all burst damage to hell and adds various mechanics to adjust Buster Quest difficulty, even stating there is a big difference in damage between players?

The fucking point of fixing the damaging formula is because it is a broken mess right now and fixing it so not everything gets multiplied would greatly help the balance.

One important thing in rpgs are numbers. It's not coincidence damage numbers are displayed. Most people that play rpgs are nerdy enough to like big numbers in this context. Which means a damage formula that exaggerates each damage mod and thus forcing the numbers down will inevitably make people care less about class skills and weapon potentials if the numbers are low, look at Quliphad the potential, the damage buff is a mere 2% higher than everything else starting with Austere about 2 years ago and Zeinesis still only has the 12% and party heal no one cares about remotely as much.

If players don't get motivated by weapon potentials and weapon stats are not rising much either, Sega spends time money and effort to create new content players don't care much about. If I wouldn't believe we'll be able to sell 13* around mid ep 5 I wouldn't even bother with any Zeinesis and probably would still have my first set of sheets at 100% deus drop but would not care enough to kill any of other bosses.
The damage formula and the burst damage prevent proper game balance and thus force sega to keep weapon power creep small . That's also why austere is virtually unsurpassed for over 2 years.
Even now only 14*, Quliphad with a good affix and maybe Gix if you can consistently keep the potential procced almost every run have any notable edge on austere.
If Sega could make power creep stronger, there would be no need for austere to remain so good for so long because sega could add stronger weapons and people would have really cared a lot more.
But they can't without the multipliers making people even more op as they are now because of the broken damage formula.

And now, it's a nightmare for Sega that the game is so unbalanced. Look at all the extra effort and time they have to spend on fixing the problems with OP players.
Magatsu's new run limit, performing ship transfers only during maintenance, all new EQ bosses only rarely permitting burst damage setup, all those new eqs with run limits like TD 4 and even some mobbing EQs like last Easter and not to mention WB Jam which Sega had to implement individually for every new boss and EQ.

If the game was balanced, they would not have this trouble and quite obviously they really dislike the imbalance considering how fast they react whenever OP players exploit some trick to kill faster and get more rewards, hell once they didn't manage to fix a CT related OP setup in time they even threatened to ban people that use it before it was fixed the next maintenance. The only reason I can think of why it gets at least partially fixed only now is because some higher ups must have opposed it for a long time because they don't understand the game.

He didn't say the game was balanced. There's kind of a difference between "game balance" and "actually balanced", which are not mutual.

The problem is that if you change multipliers from "multiply everything" to "add everything", the damage formula is still broken, but in a completely different way. That would also require adjusting roughly 95% of the percent damage bonuses to match.

Kondibon
Jul 5, 2017, 07:25 AM
Why do people always believe the game is balanced?I never said the game is well balanced. The fact that it's not is why making a change with such a large scope is so complicated. I also never even said it's a bad idea, just that it's more complicated than just changing the damage formula.

Rereading my post I can get how it came off that way though.

LancerFate
Jul 5, 2017, 08:18 AM
Why do people always believe the game is balanced? Anyone can see it's a total mess.

If you are so toxic about pso2, why you still play srsly ? just drop it and be happy)

TehCubey
Jul 5, 2017, 12:57 PM
Why does everyone assume power adjustment means they will be nerfed? The way it's phrased it sounds like people with bad gear will be adjusted up instead. Or what's even more likely - that the buster quest's grade will influence what gear level you're supposed to be at, and the game will adjust it according to that, not to the MPA's average.

http://i.imgur.com/mXyupD1.gif

Mattykins
Jul 5, 2017, 06:19 PM
I love how slow powercreep is suddenly a bad thing, lol. I've played games where if you take a break for even a couple months you'll be underpowered and no one will party with you.

Great Pan
Jul 5, 2017, 06:55 PM
Summary: Weaklings should stay at the lobby and dance all day, let the OP players have fun with new contents. Amirite?

Golgotha
Jul 6, 2017, 04:04 AM
Why do people always believe the game is balanced?
Balance means equilibrium, not equality. If equality was the goal, there would be one class with one weapon.
I've seen what imbalance is, and I have to say, Pso2 is yet to see imbalanced state.

by the way, you need numbers in rpgs only when there is no other possible indication to differ strong blow from a weak one. Its why game progression loses any meaning when numbers change but gameplay stays the same.

Altiea
Jul 9, 2017, 09:57 PM
Updated original post to reflect new information about Grade and Main Match Advanced.

loafhero
Jul 11, 2017, 01:34 AM
4 brand new videos relating to EP5 was just uploaded from the PhantasystarCh. 3 of which are related to Buster Quests giving useful info on how Buster Quests functions such as the many phases and defense abilities:

[SPOILER-BOX]
https://youtu.be/-Q2TCDmcOng
https://youtu.be/RpYDP0z6PUc

https://youtu.be/9oJSB2PvAdw[/SPOILER-BOX]

The 4th one is Story related and I will post that in the Episode 5 Story Discussion thread.

Altiea
Jul 12, 2017, 01:24 AM
By the way, SEGA has gone on record stating that EP5 will not introduce more Free Fields. This means that going forward, Buster Quests will replace Free Fields in EP5.

loafhero
Jul 12, 2017, 03:47 AM
Buster Quests will replace Free Fields in EP5.

Somehow, SEGA didn't seem to get the memo that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Kondibon
Jul 12, 2017, 03:51 AM
Man... sometimes I just wanna run around and beat stuff up, and I'm tired of the only XH options for that being like 3 free fields. >:

loafhero
Jul 12, 2017, 03:56 AM
Man... sometimes I just wanna run around and beat stuff up

Same here but I'd like to be able to do that without the game putting some kind of point system that forcibly finishes the quest for me. Let me finish the quest whenever I feel like want to dammit.

Vatallus
Jul 12, 2017, 04:00 AM
Yeah, it makes no sense why Sega couldn't invest a little bit of time and add XH to every Arks Quest/Free Field and add an AQ for every free field.

So much of the content the game actually needs goes neglected. Ultimate Mode should have been more than just 3 quest. Timed Attacks turned into run Harkotan 5 times because "players spend too much time running TAs". As if the game had something else to make us play besides EQs and now LQs with carrot on the stick items that have no reason to be as rare as a 14* but are.

I can't wait until they decide to start skimping out on Story Quest to add a new EQ and LQ every month with items that won't drop for 99.9% of the player base.

Kondibon
Jul 12, 2017, 04:06 AM
Same here but I'd like to be able to do that without the game putting some kind of point system that forcibly finishes the quest for me. Let me finish the quest whenever I feel like want to dammit.I forgot about that. Actually, I have NO XH quests I can just run around in.

I can't wait until they decide to start skimping out on Story Quest to add a new EQ and LQ every month with items that won't drop for 99.9% of the player base.You mean like they did? Remember how multiple episode 5 story updates were just cutscenes?

Vatallus
Jul 12, 2017, 04:09 AM
You mean Episode 4 right? And yeah that is true but I was implying even worse then now.

Kondibon
Jul 12, 2017, 04:29 AM
You mean Episode 4 right? And yeah that is true but I was implying even worse then now.No, I'm from the future. I know how it's going to go.

LancerFate
Jul 16, 2017, 09:03 AM
Main Match: Advanced is excluded from the stat adjustment feature.
info from bumped pso2 station recap

loafhero
Jul 16, 2017, 09:55 PM
Main Match: Advanced is excluded from the stat adjustment feature.
info from bumped pso2 station recap

Well, that explains why the option to be cross-matched with Expert players isn't available to Free Match. Free Match already imposes a stat sync but Main Match doesn't.

Altiea
Jul 27, 2017, 11:00 PM
Wondering how Buster Quest will play, but don't want to wait for the update? Never fear! Progress to Story Quest 5-1 to play a BQ tutorial!

loafhero
Jul 27, 2017, 11:49 PM
Wondering how Buster Quest will play, but don't want to wait for the update? Never fear! Progress to Story Quest 5-1 to play a BQ tutorial!

That tutorial quest was deceiving. It fails to capture the salt and stress of PSO2's defense tower quests.

[Ayumi]
Jul 28, 2017, 01:11 AM
That tutorial quest was deceiving. It fails to capture the salt and stress of PSO2's defense tower quests.

The hell are you talking about?
We got expert blo...oh....

Tymek
Jul 28, 2017, 03:45 AM
;3428235']The hell are you talking about?
We got expert blo...oh....

Expert Bloo?
http://i.imgur.com/meJ9FBd.png

IchijinKali
Jul 28, 2017, 05:11 AM
Expert Bloo?
*picture of Bloo*

Expert blocks don't exist anymore. So all those people that consistently made sure they met the Expert block requirement so they had access to the competent XH group of players just kinda got screwed.

oratank
Jul 28, 2017, 05:58 AM
try use matching with expert only checked no one there :/

hhhnnnggg
Jul 28, 2017, 06:06 AM
Nah, that's what the 2nd checkbox in Matching Settings at the quest counter is for. The requirements for being an "expert" are still important, but like everyone else you are not bound to specific blocks anymore.

Still, it's now very easy to get screwed if you party up before an eq because you need to check everyone's gear and since many 11* units are still fine you often cannot tell if people are experts or not, so you risk not being able to join expert mpas.

ZerotakerZX
Jul 28, 2017, 07:49 AM
Nah, that's what the 2nd checkbox in Matching Settings at the quest counter is for. The requirements for being an "expert" are still important, but like everyone else you are not bound to specific blocks anymore.

Still, it's now very easy to get screwed if you party up before an eq because you need to check everyone's gear and since many 11* units are still fine you often cannot tell if people are experts or not, so you risk not being able to join expert mpas.

Yeah, that's bull. Tell me if you ever find out how to streamline this pt gathering process

Calsetes
Jul 28, 2017, 08:57 AM
Expert blocks don't exist anymore. So all those people that consistently made sure they met the Expert block requirement so they had access to the competent XH group of players just kinda got screwed.

Gotta say, doing an XH Yamato yesterday and holy shit was it glorious. On one run I didn't even need to use a single monomate! Never had this before the update.

Usually it's "Why's there a big glowing ball in the sky? I'll just kill these mooks instead of shooting that! ... Why'd I die? What exploded?"

If this is what it was like on Expert Blocks, then man I wish I leveled up earlier and got into them earlier. I just assumed my regular XH block group got lucky, or that Hero was massively overly broken since we had maybe three or four in our MPA. Have been more liberal with my WB applications now, though, since I got six shots instead of four.

IchijinKali
Jul 28, 2017, 10:00 AM
Gotta say, doing an XH Yamato yesterday and holy shit was it glorious. On one run I didn't even need to use a single monomate! Never had this before the update.

Usually it's "Why's there a big glowing ball in the sky? I'll just kill these mooks instead of shooting that! ... Why'd I die? What exploded?"

If this is what it was like on Expert Blocks, then man I wish I leveled up earlier and got into them earlier. I just assumed my regular XH block group got lucky, or that Hero was massively overly broken since we had maybe three or four in our MPA. Have been more liberal with my WB applications now, though, since I got six shots instead of four.

Yes it is like that, usually. W/o anybody saying anything they do their jobs and focus on immediate threats. Sometimes you would think it was an organized MPA with how fluid everything was blasted through with a sort of ruthless efficiency and precision.

[Ayumi]
Jul 28, 2017, 02:54 PM
try use matching with expert only checked no one there :/

Yeah I tried that on the 1st day and 2nd day. Most times it won't work putting matching settings to expert. Like yesterday I went looking for a party that was expert only for Loser. They also had the settings on of course so...
When the EQ started, we were 5/12 and then 4/12 (pretty much just us), until they had to restart it 3 or 4 times.
Finally we got 12/12.
Then the actual Loser fight was about to start and had to restart it a few times to get that 12/12. The whole thing is a fucking mess.

Altiea
Jul 31, 2017, 03:28 AM
Based on the trailer that just went up, there's a better idea of how armaments will work.

Basically, at the start of the Quest, you will be asked to pick a Defense Weapon set. These come in four varieties: Balance, Attack, Defense, and Special. Each set has its own varieties of weapons in varying quantities.

Balanced: Comes with a wide assortment of armaments. Good for a little bit of everything.

-- Slow Trap
-- Reject Barrier
-- Gatling Turret
-- Photon Punisher
-- Telepipe Cannon
-- Freeze Barrier

Attack: Features armaments specialized in dealing damage to enemies.

-- Gatling Turret x2
-- Shotgun Turret
-- Photon Laser x3
-- Photon Punisher

Defense: Focuses on armaments that impede enemies and support players.

-- Slow Trap x2
-- Reject Barrier x2
-- Shotgun Turret
-- Telepipe Cannon
-- Freeze Barrier

Special: Focuses exclusively on unique types of armaments. Possesses less armaments overall as a result.

-- Reject Barrier
-- Photon Laser
-- Photon Punisher x2
-- Freeze Barrier

loafhero
Jul 31, 2017, 03:43 AM
So, if we pick one set, we have to use that set for the rest of the quest?

Altiea
Jul 31, 2017, 03:47 AM
So, if we pick one set, we have to use that set for the rest of the quest?

I believe that's how it works. It forces you to consider your options.

Notice how the Special Set is the only one that has two Photon Punishers. Not sure how useful that'll be in the long run.

There will also be Omega Timed Abilities that can be made via the Crafting System for use in Buster Quest. The Data Drives for Omega Timed Abilities require a new Crystal called an "Omega Crystal" to synthesize.

New Daily Orders, Team Orders, and Hans Orders will be added that focus on Buster Quest. I'd like to note that according to the trailer, the DOs for Buster Quest have relatively high Meseta payout. Not Bal Rodos high, but higher than SH Free Field Dailies.

A new CF collection is coming that features the Ivrida Series. These 13* Weapons can be upgraded to the Curisis(?) Series weapons via a Zieg trade-in that requires a material known as Curisis Boosters. Buster Quest will also feature the Ivrida 12* Units.

Buster Quests will also reward an item called Buster Medal A. Buster Medal A can be exchanged at a special Shop for rare goodies, such as a new outfit and a Lobby Action (Curisis Boosters, Omega Crystals, Great Success +50%, a 6s Sub Unit, Photon Boosters, and Lambda Grinders are also seen in the Shop in the trailer. I'd also like to note that the Shop has a date on it, so its stock possibly rotates?).

And of course, Buster Quest will feature new Hero-themed 14* weapons! These will be the first 14* Weapons that aren't EQ-restricted, so farm to your heart's content! (I also like how they use Classes that aren't Hero to demonstrate the weapons despite the weapons being, well, Hero weapons.)

LancerFate
Jul 31, 2017, 05:14 AM
And of course, Buster Quest will feature new Hero-themed 14* weapons! These will be the first 14* Weapons that aren't EQ-restricted, so farm to your heart's content! (I also like how they use Classes that aren't Hero to demonstrate the weapons despite the weapons being, well, Hero weapons.)
I guess same as Hr cant use 14* (tmg and sword, potentials only for respective normal class), so probably 14* for Hr cant used by other class.

Sirius-91
Jul 31, 2017, 09:23 AM
I believe that's how it works. It forces you to consider your options.

Notice how the Special Set is the only one that has two Photon Punishers. Not sure how useful that'll be in the long run.

There will also be Omega Timed Abilities that can be made via the Crafting System for use in Buster Quest. The Data Drives for Omega Timed Abilities require a new Crystal called an "Omega Crystal" to synthesize.

New Daily Orders, Team Orders, and Hans Orders will be added that focus on Buster Quest. I'd like to note that according to the trailer, the DOs for Buster Quest have relatively high Meseta payout. Not Bal Rodos high, but higher than SH Free Field Dailies.

A new CF collection is coming that features the Ivrida Series. These 13* Weapons can be upgraded to the Curisis(?) Series weapons via a Zieg trade-in that requires a material known as Curisis Boosters. Buster Quest will also feature the Ivrida 12* Units.

Buster Quests will also reward an item called Buster Medal A. Buster Medal A can be exchanged at a special Shop for rare goodies, such as a new outfit and a Lobby Action (Curisis Boosters, Omega Crystals, Great Success +50%, a 6s Sub Unit, Photon Boosters, and Lambda Grinders are also seen in the Shop in the trailer. I'd also like to note that the Shop has a date on it, so its stock possibly rotates?).

You're able to freely switch your weapon sets until the battle begins. There's also a counter in-game that takes note of how many times X weapon set was used for. There's also HP recovery jamming involved depending on difficulty. To what is HP jammed, no clue.

Normal gets a 10% HP Jam, Hard is a 20%, VH is 30%, SH is 40% and XH is 80%. I don't know the grade values that relate to difficulty.

Enemies are also buffed in accordance to what weapon set you picked.

More mana you collect also increase the enemy spawns.

Superia
Jul 31, 2017, 09:51 AM

What does that one do?

Altiea
Jul 31, 2017, 11:13 AM
What does that one do?

It's a kill sat. When you board it, the game switches to top-down view so you can aim a laser beam of death from the sky to blow up monsters.

hhhnnnggg
Aug 1, 2017, 05:47 AM
WTF is the HP jamming for? That is killing everything.
Why does Sega imagine 80% HP jamming that forces everyone to use different builds and play differently and invalidates a number of skills and rings would be fun?
HP is a a huge bother and will screw up everything because everyone will die like flies.
What's wrong with just having a lot of enemies and increasing their stats for higher grade / XH difficulty?

ralf542
Aug 1, 2017, 07:06 AM
Why does Sega imagine 80% HP jamming that forces everyone to use different builds and play differently and invalidates a number of skills and rings would be fun?
HP is a a huge bother and will screw up everything because everyone will die like flies.
What's wrong with just having a lot of enemies and increasing their stats for higher grade / XH difficulty?

EPISODE FIVE GUARD STANCE META

Arada
Aug 1, 2017, 07:14 AM
EPISODE FIVE GUARD STANCE META

Episode V: you'll need a Techer after all.

Kondibon
Aug 1, 2017, 07:20 AM
What's wrong with just having a lot of enemies and increasing their stats for higher grade / XH difficulty?IT's hp recover jamming, not max hp jamming.

Xaelouse
Aug 1, 2017, 07:55 AM
Just don't get hit or just go full tank spec Hero

oratank
Aug 1, 2017, 08:03 AM
80% Hp recover jamming? te are you friend buddy they can heal like 2000 per tick 80%jamming is nothing to them

ralf542
Aug 1, 2017, 08:41 AM
Just don't get hit or just go full tank spec Hero

Hero and tank? Maybe with Chainsawd+Rising Slash button hold.

Kondibon
Aug 1, 2017, 08:45 AM
tank spec Hero

http://i.imgur.com/iE0S38i.gif

Sirius-91
Aug 1, 2017, 04:55 PM
Pulled this and translated this from in-game via the files.

During the Buster Quests, you may
receive support from Xiera doing the
following:

・After the Buster Phase ends,
Immediately start another Buster Phase
without starting a Defense Phase

・During the Attack Phase, attacks
done to the Buster Tower by the
Devil Castle are suppressed

Altiea
Aug 1, 2017, 05:10 PM
Pulled this and translated this from in-game via the files.

During the Buster Quests, you may
receive support from Xiera doing the
following:

・After the Buster Phase ends,
Immediately start another Buster Phase
without starting a Defense Phase

・During the Attack Phase, attacks
done to the Buster Tower by the
Devil Castle are suppressed

So Xierra can actually do something besides shout announcements at us?

Sirius-91
Aug 1, 2017, 09:17 PM
Weapons that are used to help defend the Buster Towers are called ARKS Weapons.

There's 2 types of ARKS Weapons:

Passive Objects
Active Objects

Passive Objects are weapons that constantly produce effects after installation until they're destroyed by enemies.

・Shotgun Turret
Fires a strong slew of bullets, but a
cooldown period occurs after firing.

・Gatling Turret
Fires a stream of bullets forward.

・Slow Trap
Enemies that pass through the Slow Trap
have their movement speed reduced.
Cannot be destroyed by enemy attacks.

Active Objects generate effects at
your discretionary use.
※The number of uses are shared across all players

・Reject Barrier
Barriers that prevent the enemy assault.
Barriers will be lifted after a certain
period of time, or if destroyed by the enemy.

・Freeze Barrier
Uses ice attribute attacks that surround
the Buster Tower and freeze the enemy.
Can be used to destroy the Ephimera Core.

・Photon Laser Cannon
A weapon that releases a beam
after charging for a few seconds.

・Photon Punisher
A weapon that drops a powerful beam
by pointing at a designating target
from the sky.

・Telepipe Cannon
Launches a Telepipe to a selected location.
※Only a single Telepipe can be created
from one Telepipe Cannon.

Altiea
Aug 1, 2017, 09:18 PM
Still curious as to where the Telepipe Cannons take you. Back to the Buster Tower, perhaps?

Sirius-91
Aug 1, 2017, 09:53 PM
Still curious as to where the Telepipe Cannons take you. Back to the Buster Tower, perhaps?
Possibly, or the starting area as mentioned from another tip.

Uncle_bob
Aug 1, 2017, 10:44 PM
Man what is all this shit. I just want to play the game.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 1, 2017, 10:57 PM
Man what is all this shit. I just want to play the game.
if they put out the same thing every time with reskinned everything, people would whine and complain about it. i mean what are you expecting? Buster Quest will probably end up like fields and dying off slowly after at least 2 weeks then its back to the old wait for new content life

its basically TD but you get to invade back, really its not incredibly amazing

loafhero
Aug 1, 2017, 11:07 PM
At least we're getting EQ content than isn't time gated.

Kondibon
Aug 1, 2017, 11:21 PM
At least we're getting EQ content than isn't time gated.You mean like riding quests and ultimate amduscia? Or any of the current LQs? Like, to me the problem is that this is literally the only way to experience any content involvingthe new enemies or... anything that isn't a story quest. Once it dies (and it will), if they don't add some other sort of permanent content, we're only gonna see this stuff in EQs and LQs at best anyway.

Maybe the multi-block matching will help, but for people like myself who just want to casually go in and do stuff, it's really frustrating how few options I have that include XH difficulty, or at the very least enemies that don't die when I blink at them.

http://i.imgur.com/gPOMIjo.jpg

Altiea
Aug 2, 2017, 12:09 AM
It depends on how hard SEGA pushes Buster Quest. Like, they never pushed RQ or UQ Amdusica like, at all after the CFs. They kinda just moved on. Meanwhile, SEGA is hyping up Buster Quest as "the main gameplay mode" of EP5, so it comes down to how much they keep it alive.

Right now Battle Arena is on life support, because while it's not entirely dead, people only still do it for 100 SG per week.

The funny thing is, the gameplay modes SEGA comes up with aren't actually half bad, but they don't bother to keep people interested in them long enough for them to become mainstays (looking at you, Challenge Quest).

Kondibon
Aug 2, 2017, 12:17 AM
It depends on how hard SEGA pushes Buster Quest. Like, they never pushed RQ or UQ Amdusica like, at all after the CFs. They kinda just moved on. Meanwhile, SEGA is hyping up Buster Quest as "the main gameplay mode" of EP5, so it comes down to how much they keep it alive.

Right now Battle Arena is on life support, because while it's not entirely dead, people only still do it for 100 SG per week.It doesn't matter how hard they push it, eventually there isn't going to be enough of value there to consistently find groups. It doesn't matter how many new buster quests they add if there's no reason to go back and do the old ones once you have what you want. If the content was soloable I'd be fine with it. I still do old Free fields and AQs because I like them, but if buster quests are like TD or riding quests, then you aren't going to be able to just jump in and solo them casually.

EDIT: And yes, pvp/challenge quests are other good examples.

Meteor Weapon
Aug 2, 2017, 12:21 AM
I dont really see a reason to do CQ anymore tbh, other than...well...15k exp tickets lol

Kondibon
Aug 2, 2017, 12:22 AM
I dont really see a reason to do CQ anymore tbh, other than...well...15k exp tickets lolThat's the problem. When there's no reason to do the old content, the people who want to just jump in and do it for fun can't anymore.

Altiea
Aug 2, 2017, 12:26 AM
They're probably just lazy and don't want to update the CQ Shop with anything relevant. Hell, even SG rewards for the CM Shop would be nice. Or perhaps an update for Ideal to NT versions that aren't horribly outdated.

EDIT: On the topic of RQ, sometimes I run SH with a friend for shits and giggles, so there's that.

LancerFate
Aug 3, 2017, 06:35 AM
Bumped have bunch of new info, main match advanced is lvl 80 only, and have high BP requirement.

loafhero
Aug 3, 2017, 08:08 AM
Oh, wow. They were right about EP5 enemies having easier-to-remember-names than EP3 enemies.

I guess Ghastle Dohr only appears in MM: Advanced similar to Deus Esca Gracia being an 80/80-only boss.

Hopefully, the BP loss for MM: Advanced isn't so huge as to force you to do MM Grade 3 (or even lower than that) on the first failed run.

Altiea
Aug 6, 2017, 10:44 PM
Original post updated to match newly-released information.

Altiea
Aug 9, 2017, 04:09 AM
Buster Quest is out now! This will now become a discussion thread for Buster Quest!

Tymek
Aug 9, 2017, 04:19 AM
Buster Quest is out now! This will now become a discussion thread for Buster Quest!

Isn't it exactly what it already was?

Altiea
Aug 9, 2017, 04:53 AM
According to Ivrida CF, we now have two new Abilities.

Fabula Soul: +10 ATK, +20 HP
Omega Reverie: +15 ATK, +20 HP, +1 PP

Based on these stats, I feel like we're looking at another Combo Soul...

Tymek
Aug 9, 2017, 04:59 AM
Ares The Soul: +25 ATK, +35 HP, +3 PP

ralf542
Aug 9, 2017, 05:42 AM
How do you start the buster quest? I wanted to go in alone but it doesn't let me go through that curtain.

ZerotakerZX
Aug 9, 2017, 05:43 AM
How do you start the buster quest? I wanted to go in alone but it doesn't let me go through that curtain.

maybe you can't go alone

Kondibon
Aug 9, 2017, 05:44 AM
How do you start the buster quest? I wanted to go in alone but it doesn't let me go through that curtain.You can't do it solo, you need at least 4 people.

hhhnnnggg
Aug 9, 2017, 06:08 AM
I hope we get something that can get close to Astral Soul but without having such a low success rate.

Masu
Aug 9, 2017, 06:24 AM
Maybe I've missed something but I just checked buster shop and why sentence receptor on unit? 0.0

Saagonsa
Aug 9, 2017, 06:39 AM
Maybe I've missed something but I just checked buster shop and why sentence receptor on unit? 0.0

The 12* units can drop with the sentence affixes on them already.

ralf542
Aug 9, 2017, 06:40 AM
You can't do it solo, you need at least 4 people.

Meanwhile, no parties available or just 1.

https://media.tenor.com/images/c6c2d491410f86f4057918dd0421687c/tenor.gif

ZerotakerZX
Aug 9, 2017, 06:45 AM
Meanwhile, no parties available or just 1.

https://media.tenor.com/images/c6c2d491410f86f4057918dd0421687c/tenor.gif

Never had that problem. Try cross search.

Masu
Aug 9, 2017, 07:33 AM
The 12* units can drop with the sentence affixes on them already.
Thank you and wew now that's new! I was afraid sega derped inb4 another emergency maintenance :v

Kondibon
Aug 9, 2017, 08:33 AM
I dunno how I feel about needing to do so many free matches. I get why it's like that, but they're SO easy...

AmanoMai
Aug 9, 2017, 08:41 AM
Ares The Soul: +25 ATK, +35 HP, +3 PP

any info on how to make this yet?

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 9, 2017, 08:46 AM
According to Ivrida CF, we now have two new Abilities.

Fabula Soul: +10 ATK, +20 HP
Omega Reverie: +15 ATK, +20 HP, +1 PP

Based on these stats, I feel like we're looking at another Combo Soul...

inb4 ep5 end game affix is something Reverie

Rayden
Aug 9, 2017, 08:48 AM
any info on how to make this yet?

The same way as Act the Soul, but with Fabula instead of Toh'oh.

Sizustar
Aug 9, 2017, 09:32 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGxJoFGXsAE4Scm.jpg

Resistance of the enemies in the Buster Quest

Arada
Aug 9, 2017, 09:48 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGxJoFGXsAE4Scm.jpg

Could explain the chart to me as I can't read japanese?
Just telling what it's about at least.

IchijinKali
Aug 9, 2017, 09:53 AM
Could explain the chart to me as I can't read japanese?
Just telling what it's about at least.

Simply put a vast majority of enemies are weak to Fire, next is Light, and finally one of them is just weak to Ice.

Arada
Aug 9, 2017, 09:56 AM
Simply put a vast majority of enemies are weak to Fire, next is Light, and finally one of them is just weak to Ice.

Great, thanks.

Rayden
Aug 9, 2017, 10:02 AM
Isn't that second column showing something to do with striking, shooting, and techs?

Sizustar
Aug 9, 2017, 10:05 AM
Isn't that second column showing something to do with striking, shooting, and techs?

Resist, Red - Striking, Blue - Shooting, Yellow - Tech

Meteor Weapon
Aug 9, 2017, 10:10 AM
Is it just me or Free Match of other people's mpa is defaulted as locked? Is it a bug or intentional?

Klubbah
Aug 9, 2017, 11:06 AM
Is it just me or Free Match of other people's mpa is defaulted as locked? Is it a bug or intentional?

Not just you. If you have a password and try to just hit Start Match you can only match with the block you are in and it automatically checks the "Also restrict other parties in multi-party areas". If you don't have a password you can only match in multiple blocks and i'm assuming it has something to do with that.

I think it is buggy as I tried matching with multiple blocks (so no password) and having a friend try to find my room on join a room on other blocks but they couldn't see it (Although matching with multiple blocks on something like Forest Free field they can see it that way). So as far as I can tell you either queue up with no password in multiple blocks or setup a group yourself, can't join through the other blocks/current blocks things without knowing a password.

Also tried joining locked rooms typing in no password but no luck.

Sirius-91
Aug 9, 2017, 03:38 PM
Not just you. If you have a password and try to just hit Start Match you can only match with the block you are in and it automatically checks the "Also restrict other parties in multi-party areas". If you don't have a password you can only match in multiple blocks and i'm assuming it has something to do with that.

I think it is buggy as I tried matching with multiple blocks (so no password) and having a friend try to find my room on join a room on other blocks but they couldn't see it (Although matching with multiple blocks on something like Forest Free field they can see it that way). So as far as I can tell you either queue up with no password in multiple blocks or setup a group yourself, can't join through the other blocks/current blocks things without knowing a password.

Also tried joining locked rooms typing in no password but no luck.

If one of you have expert setting on and the other one doesn't, the non-expert person won't see the room until it is either ticked on or off.

Sirius-91
Aug 9, 2017, 03:41 PM
The same way as Act the Soul, but with Fabula instead of Toh'oh.
It's in the same pool as the others, you can even use Escarde.

Kondibon
Aug 10, 2017, 01:37 AM
I know they aren't hard or anything, but does anyone know how the stat scaling works in regards to weapons? There's apparently a minimum stat value that includes weapon attack. With that in mind, wouldn't it be better to use a weak weapon with a strong latent than a 13*?

EDIT: also you can stun the Minotaurs, even while they're charging. Just an FYI.

red1228
Aug 10, 2017, 03:09 AM
Getting REAL TIRED of being the only player in the left cage on the final "push / attack" wave, while the other seven players are in the right cage. Do people not understand that you need to clear both cages to reach the boss?

Altiea
Aug 10, 2017, 03:13 AM
Getting REAL TIRED of being the only player in the left cage on the final "push / attack" wave, while the other seven players are in the right cage. Do people not understand that you need to clear both cages to reach the boss?

What kind of MPAs are you getting? I've never seen such an unbalance in any of the BQs I've run.

red1228
Aug 10, 2017, 03:40 AM
What kind of MPAs are you getting? I've never seen such an unbalance in any of the BQs I've run.
The kind where every other run has one player afk in a corner the entire Quest (yes really) and the above mentioned 1 : 7 ratio for the final push / wave.
I know I can't tell people how to play the game, but god damn I wish randoms would atleast try to put some thought & effort into XH content (oh yeah this has been on Grade 3 runs).

Altiea
Aug 10, 2017, 03:41 AM
The kind where every other run has one player afk in a corner the entire Quest (yes really) and the above mentioned 1 : 7 ratio for the final push / wave.
I know I can't tell people how to play the game, but god damn I wish randoms would atleast try to put some thought & effort into XH content (oh yeah this has been on Grade 3 runs).

Grade 3 with Expert toggled on?

red1228
Aug 10, 2017, 03:51 AM
Grade 3 with Expert toggled on?
Had it toggled off (yes I know that's the problem right there) because I don't wanna sit there for 20minutes waiting between runs. I served in 'Nam. I still remember the days of Challenge Mode.

Sorry. I'm just frustrated at the absurd gap between Expert Players and the ... "not-expert" players.

Renderless
Aug 10, 2017, 04:42 AM
Is there a reason why all rooms are locked? Even with the Expert only requirement ticked on or off. I can't enter any rooms nor it seems that anybody joins rooms that I make. I haven't yet done one quest so I'm still Grade 1. I also don't even have a PW on.

Kondibon
Aug 10, 2017, 04:45 AM
Is there a reason why all rooms are locked? Even with the Expert only requirement ticked on or off. I can't enter any rooms nor it seems that anybody joins rooms that I make. I haven't yet done one quest so I'm still Grade 1. I also don't even have a PW on.The only way to have the quest not be multi-block (which makes it not show up in the quest list), is to lock it. So you'd only ever see the locked parties.

Renderless
Aug 10, 2017, 04:48 AM
The only way to have the quest not be multi-block (which makes it not show up in the quest list), is to lock it. So you'd only ever see the locked parties.

Oh I see. Thank you.

loafhero
Aug 10, 2017, 05:46 AM
Ran a Grade 3 match recently and a rare version of the castle boss (Ghastle Dohr) spawned. Only thing worth pointing out during the quest is that unlike the regular castle that throws a self-destructing giant sword in the field, the rare version will turn its arms into cannons readying to fire upon two towers. So, go up the seperate ramps to reach and destroy the cannon arms before it destroys the towers.

Sizustar
Aug 10, 2017, 07:42 AM
The PP recovery distance seems quite far?
https://twitter.com/98kokumu/status/895211461542379521

red1228
Aug 10, 2017, 07:52 AM
The PP recovery distance seems quite far?
https://twitter.com/98kokumu/status/895211461542379521
That... actually changes my mind on a few weapons. Thought it was only gonna be "Killing Bonus" range & thus only good for melee. But if they all can kill & get the PP from that distance, then nice.

morkie
Aug 10, 2017, 10:13 PM
looks like so few people run a buster quest...
seems people not fun doing buster quest,

Altiea
Aug 10, 2017, 11:02 PM
So... Am I like, the only person who thought the music for Buster Quest stood out?

ZerotakerZX
Aug 10, 2017, 11:04 PM
So... Am I like, the only person who thought the music for Buster Quest stood out?

It does stand out, but it doesn't mean it particulary enjoyable, nothing I would want on my phone, I mean. But this differs from to person, you understand.

loafhero
Aug 10, 2017, 11:11 PM

Its not bad but its no Mining Base.

Altiea
Aug 11, 2017, 12:47 AM
SEGA has identified a bug where your CF gauge will not increase even if you play Main Match. (http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/i_measures_20170811_8/)

It also states that if you're in a party with someone who isn't in the same Grade as you, the Party will automatically be sorted into Free Match even if the party leader selects the Main Match button.

red1228
Aug 11, 2017, 12:53 AM
SEGA has identified a bug where your CF gauge will not increase even if you play Main Match. (http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/i_measures_20170811_8/)

It also states that if you're in a party with someone who isn't in the same Grade as you, the Party will automatically be sorted into Free Match even if the party leader selects the Main Match button.
Was wondering about this actually... Figured it was just something Sega forgot to mention and left us [the players] to figure it out. Didn't think it was an actual bug/glitch.

Altiea
Aug 11, 2017, 01:25 AM
Was wondering about this actually... Figured it was just something Sega forgot to mention and left us [the players] to figure it out. Didn't think it was an actual bug/glitch.

The CF thing is a bug. The sorting thing isn't.

Kondibon
Aug 11, 2017, 02:01 AM
So... Am I like, the only person who thought the music for Buster Quest stood out?I like it when it's coherent, but I feel like it cuts too harshly between segments ingame.

Sizustar
Aug 11, 2017, 10:51 AM
That... actually changes my mind on a few weapons. Thought it was only gonna be "Killing Bonus" range & thus only good for melee. But if they all can kill & get the PP from that distance, then nice.

Pretty far actually
https://twitter.com/armored_pso2/status/895993851311149056

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 12, 2017, 12:32 AM
After doing advanced, I'll say this is the first bit of content I hope they keep relevant since CM1.
Keep giving us reasons to play this.
I want to battle demons in forests, and other terrain next.
I want to see more closed rooms full of baddies and bullshit as we storm the castle before we can break arms.

Needless to say, I really like this. Unlike TD where I'd assign myself to an area and wait, SEGA paced things in a way where I feel busy the whole time.

Oh, and it's not an EQ so yay.

Altiea
Aug 12, 2017, 02:19 AM
Buster Quest Update! September

New Zone: Wasteland
New Enemies: Currently unannounced targets, as well as a new Demon Castle, Misil Gasood!
New 13* Series: Shvel 13* Series! New upgrade path for Cleasis.

loafhero
Aug 12, 2017, 03:11 AM
New 13* Series: Shvel 13* Series! New upgrade path for Cleasis.

It wasn't even its final form?!

Poyonche
Aug 12, 2017, 04:29 AM
It wasn't even its final form?!

Well... I guess I'm going to upgrade my Evleda Sword afterall, just in case... :wacko:

Altiea
Aug 12, 2017, 04:39 AM
Watch this turn into a whole upgrade series that spans like, five or ten upgrades and it eventually turns into like, a 13* better than Zein/Qli or a 14*.

LancerFate
Aug 12, 2017, 04:43 AM
Watch this turn into a whole upgrade series that spans like, five or ten upgrades and it eventually turns into like, a 13* better than Zein/Qli or a 14*.

PSO2 Visionmaker ? xD

loafhero
Aug 12, 2017, 07:06 AM
Well... I guess I'm going to upgrade my Evleda Sword afterall, just in case... :wacko:

Yeah, same. I actually feel motivated to do more BQs now lol

Tymek
Aug 12, 2017, 07:16 AM
Is it just me, or do the Ivreda/Evleda/??? units drop really easily?
Also, makes you wonder when they're going to announce the Cleasis and Shvel Unit upgrades.

FireswordRus
Aug 12, 2017, 02:52 PM
mana level max 14, need 999999 points for it.

DrCatco
Aug 12, 2017, 03:17 PM
mana level max 14, need 999999 points for it.

Holy–! How many players were gathering mana?

Kondibon
Aug 12, 2017, 06:40 PM
So I got a Cleasis Hander to max element and +30. Can I stop now? I'm so tired of buster quests already.

ashley50
Aug 12, 2017, 06:44 PM
Yes, you can stop now. Thanks for your hard work!

Tymek
Aug 12, 2017, 07:06 PM
I wouldn't stop until I have all of the Buster Shop rewards and the Demonia Saber.

Kondibon
Aug 12, 2017, 07:31 PM
Demonia Saber.The what?

ashley50
Aug 12, 2017, 07:42 PM
The what?

The 14* Sword.

Kondibon
Aug 12, 2017, 07:50 PM
The 14* Sword.I completely forgot those exist after I found out they were 14*s and not a camo.

Altiea
Aug 12, 2017, 07:59 PM
So I got a Cleasis Hander to max element and +30. Can I stop now? I'm so tired of buster quests already.

I mean, you can stop until September. Then you can farm for more Boosters to upgrade your Cleasis!

Kondibon
Aug 12, 2017, 08:09 PM
I mean, you can stop until September. Then you can farm for more Boosters to upgrade your Cleasis!I got enough boosters to upgrade it before I even finished the sword, so unless I need another Evel sword It wouldn't take anywhere near as long to get whatever the next boosters are. Unless the latent adds something that works outside of Buster Quests though, I don't really care. I only upgraded the sword because I like the colors more.

AirinMikune
Aug 12, 2017, 08:41 PM
Seeing how they seem to plan the buster weapon to keep on upgrading every time they introduce a new castle, they might be a good investment in the long run.

Not sure how many castle they plan to release, I am thinking around 4-5 with everyone weapon upgrade helping in a specific phase, the current weapon are only useful during defense phase so I am thinking the next upgrade will also help during buster phase.

So I suggest keep farming until you have most weapon type at +35 (the 2nd advance class might use another set of 3 different weapon) while the hype is still a bit hot because by the time the second castle starts, no one might be running the first one and you will have a hard time making the base weapon again.

Kondibon
Aug 12, 2017, 09:07 PM
So I suggest keep farming until you have most weapon type at +35I'm not grinding my ass off for 3.2% more weapon atk.

Altiea
Aug 12, 2017, 09:17 PM
I'm not grinding my ass off for 3.2% more weapon atk.

B-But Sentence Arma!

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 13, 2017, 06:02 AM
I'm not grinding my ass off for 3.2% more weapon atk.

trust me. no matter the 13 star. ALWAYS go for +35. free affixes are free

Kondibon
Aug 13, 2017, 06:07 AM
trust me. no matter the 13 star. ALWAYS go for +35. free affixes are freeI'm not reaffixing my sword again just to get 5 more atk and 2 more pp, and I'm sure as hell not gonna upslot.

oratank
Aug 13, 2017, 06:51 AM
yeah Sentence Arma make it's a great fodder

jooozek
Aug 13, 2017, 09:06 AM
so anyway i didn't play those buster shits since 2 days, how do you run efficiently doing free and main? what's the loop

ZerotakerZX
Aug 13, 2017, 09:11 AM
so anyway i didn't play those buster shits since 2 days, how do you run efficiently doing free and main? what's the loop

what do u mean? You doing main ones until run out of stamina, if you still aren't bored to sleep, you can run a free one to regain a stamina point.

jooozek
Aug 13, 2017, 09:14 AM
what do u mean? You doing main ones until run out of stamina, if you still aren't bored to sleep, you can run a free one to regain a stamina point.

1. main match boost
2. some kind of daily limit on getting access to main through free

Superia
Aug 13, 2017, 11:22 AM

There is? It has not seemed like that to me.

final_attack
Aug 13, 2017, 11:39 AM

I think the notification about limit is about max limit is 2 for stamina. With 1 stamina recovered every 5 AM JST ..... So, capped at 2 consecutive main matches. After that, need to recover through free match. With rotation of Free - Main - Free - Main .......

Well, maybe someone can clarify this one ..... I'm still in the middle of testing it tho (current stamina is 1 from Free Match I did before logging off, will see if the stamina will become 2 tomorrow)

Poyonche
Aug 13, 2017, 12:24 PM
You indeed get 1 Main Match stamina every 5 AM JST.

You have a cap of 3 Main Match stamina. Once you reach 0, 1 or 2 MM Stamina, you can recover it by playing (and winning) a Free Match. There isn't a limit to the number of stamina that can be recovered from Free Match, just that once you reach 3 MM Stamina, there is just no point doing Free Match.

Zorak000
Aug 13, 2017, 12:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/3vYiCx5.gif
it's free special abilities

hhhnnnggg
Aug 14, 2017, 04:32 AM
You indeed get 1 Main Match stamina every 5 AM JST.

You have a cap of 3 Main Match stamina. Once you reach 0, 1 or 2 MM Stamina, you can recover it by playing (and winning) a Free Match. There isn't a limit to the number of stamina that can be recovered from Free Match, just that once you reach 3 MM Stamina, there is just no point doing Free Match.
I.e. if you alternate Free and Main match you can spam them all day long?

BTW, what's the point of the new 13* The regular versions are weaker than Zeinesis and the upgraded versions are only a bit stronger, far behind Qliphad. Why bother except for Sentence or affixes?

Altiea
Aug 14, 2017, 04:51 AM
I.e. if you alternate Free and Main match you can spam them all day long?

BTW, what's the point of the new 13* The regular versions are weaker than Zeinesis and the upgraded versions are only a bit stronger, far behind Qliphad. Why bother except for Sentence or affixes?

Yes, there's no limit to the Stamina restored by Free Match, but you can only have 3 play points at a time. So if you alternate the two, you can keep playing Main Match all day.

As it stands, they mostly exist for the new Sentence SAFs, and Cleasis upgrade is for if you want a nicer weapon than Zein/Qli for Buster Quest specifically. But Cleasis upgrade will also be getting a second upgrade to a new 13* series in September.

Great Pan
Aug 14, 2017, 07:03 AM
Apparently, there's only BQ with passworded rooms. Guess they don't want to let us have fun after all.

LancerFate
Aug 14, 2017, 12:58 PM
Got rainy weather only once, it's really rare ?

Tymek
Aug 14, 2017, 01:09 PM
Got rainy weather only once, it's really rare ?

I only got it once too. I wonder if it affects anything.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 15, 2017, 01:47 PM
Fight an army of minotaurs alone, and get beat. Tower gets seriously damaged.
Try to defend a buster pile alone against a horde, and get beat. Have to go through 3 buster phases.
People still setting their towers to attack mode in advanced. Tower gets wrecked by charging minotaurs.

People need to use the goddamn map and common sense. You can see where players, enemies, buster piles, and towers are. I should never get the feeling I'm defending half the damn map by myself in an 8-person MPA. Expert requirements don't seem to be high enough.

oratank
Aug 15, 2017, 02:06 PM
press m for once is a really hard to do lol

Superia
Aug 15, 2017, 02:16 PM
Try to defend a buster pile alone against a horde, and get beat. Have to go through 3 buster phases.
People still setting their towers to attack mode in advanced. Tower gets wrecked by charging minotaurs.

People need to use the goddamn map and common sense. You can see where players, enemies, buster piles, and towers are. I should never get the feeling I'm defending half the damn map by myself in an 8-person MPA. Expert requirements don't seem to be high enough.

One tip that I have for people soloing like 6 charging minotaurs (which shouldn't happen) coming at a tower you are already positioned at is to use Racer Edge. While Brand New Star is a more pp efficient option for other mobs, the minotaurs specifically are vulnerable to stun, allowing you to at least hold them off while waiting for backup, or to (best case) kill them all by yourself if you have the PP at the time by hitting them all with Racer Edge. Not that you should need to, but this has come in handy a few times. It does nothing against the Golem + weaker mob comps though.

That last part is odd. I have not yet had an mpa with expert matching on where even a single tower broke.

Poyonche
Aug 15, 2017, 02:18 PM

When did that happen ? I got a similar run in the (GMT +1) afternoon.
Started a run, was alone on orange tower, try to take out all the minotaurs but they somehow pass me with those riding orcs and severely damaged Orange Tower (like "Almost done for"). First buster phase was partially a failure, one buster pile survived only (with barely any HP left).
Second buster phase managed to destroy two barriers. Defense phase resulted in Orange Tower destruction, third buster phase was not bad.

Blue Tower died in the "big" defense phase and there I discovered that Buster Quest had a critical BGM. :wacko:

Also It was in a Advanced Match with Expert matching.

LancerFate
Aug 15, 2017, 02:42 PM
It's always same problem, people just chaotically move all over the map, it was like this on all TD type quests, and yes talis really good vs minotaurus, not only Racer Edge but Dive Bullet can stun also even its only single target but you can switch to next.

I thought with this simple tower positioning and plain simple map, there will be no problems like divide 4 players defend left 2 towers, 4 players right 2 towers.
Well i guess some players even on advanced are too lazy to use barriers or just don't care, anyway overall runs are smooth but you always remember negative experience. I personally just choose left side or right and stick there helping other side with Satellite Tower (not sure how its called xD ) on big mob spawns.
Btw TMG finisher on castle core 999k and Brand New Star counter have long i-frames and can reach core when sword counter cant, using TMG for core attack phase so far.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 15, 2017, 02:42 PM
When did that happen ? I got a similar run in the (GMT +1) afternoon.
Started a run, was alone on orange tower, try to take out all the minotaurs but they somehow pass me with those riding orcs and severely damaged Orange Tower (like "Almost done for"). First buster phase was partially a failure, one buster pile survived only (with barely any HP left).
Second buster phase managed to destroy two barriers. Defense phase resulted in Orange Tower destruction, third buster phase was not bad.

Blue Tower died in the "big" defense phase and there I discovered that Buster Quest had a critical BGM. :wacko:

Also It was in a Advanced Match with Expert matching.

Was the blue tower set to attack mode (no reject barriers, or slow traps)?
Was the buster pile on orange side mobbed by enemies with only one person trying to defend it during 2nd buster phase?

One tip that I have for people soloing like 6 charging minotaurs (which shouldn't happen) coming at a tower you are already positioned at is to use Racer Edge. While Brand New Star is a more pp efficient option for other mobs, the minotaurs specifically are vulnerable to stun, allowing you to at least hold them off while waiting for backup, or to (best case) kill them all by yourself if you have the PP at the time by hitting them all with Racer Edge. Not that you should need to, but this has come in handy a few times. It does nothing against the Golem + weaker mob comps though.

That last part is odd. I have not yet had an mpa with expert matching on where even a single tower broke.

I normally use moment trick for stuns, but still... it was ALOT of minotaurs. Some of them came out of the stun, and had a normal aggro table, which meant 4 or more swinging at me specifically.

As for the last part, again, someone set that tower to attack, which as far as I'm concerned is almost worthless right now. It is odd considering the fact the left half of the map was left to me and like 1 other person for most of the early game, the other 6 people should have been in a position to handle it, but blue went down. Not sure how.

IchijinKali
Aug 15, 2017, 02:49 PM
I was about found out what it is like to LOSE this thing, yeah apparently it is possible to actually LOSE. All it takes is level 50s trying to do Grade 3 and not know how to take a hit or DODGE!!!! Wish I could record these because wow the amount of times I saw the left side die during the actual attack phase was just sad. Compared to the right which was just me and two others waiting for them to get done while the castle just pelted our two remaining towers unabated.

[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/xaSKF/8ac9199ef5.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

ashley50
Aug 15, 2017, 02:59 PM
Better than having one tower remaining...

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/oIPpYen.jpg[/spoiler-box]

IchijinKali
Aug 15, 2017, 03:06 PM
Better than having one tower remaining...

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/oIPpYen.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Looking at that pic you guys already lost with how little of the bar is left and still haven't actually reached him yet. Be amazed if you did manage to win.

Superia
Aug 15, 2017, 03:14 PM
I normally use moment trick for stuns, but still... it was ALOT of minotaurs. Some of them came out of the stun, and had a normal aggro table, which meant 4 or more swinging at me specifically.

As for the last part, again, someone set that tower to attack, which as far as I'm concerned is almost worthless right now. It is odd considering the fact the left half of the map was left to me and like 1 other person for most of the early game, the other 6 people should have been in a position to handle it, but blue went down. Not sure how.

It is probably one of the worst configs for sure. With the usual static trap + double walls, you can easily deal with a horde coming from the front, which is far more advantageous than the minor damage those rubber band guns put out. As for Moment Trick, that is usually what I do too, especially if I am behind the minotaurs. It does not penetrate groups like Racer Edge though, so unless you are specifically letting them attack you for counters or something, Racer Edge usually works out better against the groups of minotaurs.

I was about found out what it is like to LOSE this thing, yeah apparently it is possible to actually LOSE. All it takes is level 50s trying to do Grade 3 and not know how to take a hit or DODGE!!!! Wish I could record these because wow the amount of times I saw the left side die during the actual attack phase was just sad. Compared to the right which was just me and two others waiting for them to get done while the castle just pelted our two remaining towers unabated.

If I may ask, why were you doing grade 3 with 3k points?

IchijinKali
Aug 15, 2017, 03:22 PM
If I may ask, why were you doing grade 3 with 3k points?

Eh not really in it for the gear so doing it to level grind Grade 3 seems to be the better option. Also with my luck seemingly getting worse every run today, Grade 3s with level 50s, I didn't want to risk the point loss. Now if I was doing it with my team then yeah I would be doing the Advanced BQ.

Gaylar
Aug 15, 2017, 08:29 PM

Oh man, I think this was the run I was in earlier today.

Left side went pretty much completely undefended with a wall up yeah? By the time I noticed it was pretty much too late. I got a seriously bad feeling when it took so long on the first attack phase to break the core on the castle, and from what I saw most of the players were Hero too...

I got something like 3 HTs in that run, it was ridiculous.

Gaugen
Aug 15, 2017, 09:28 PM
I've had issues with people in BQ's that just don't know how to fight the enemies.
Every single enemy has a weak-point on them, but you don't have to focus on a single one if there are 30 of them attacking a tower. AoE the bastards or use a tower.
It's especially bad when it comes to people that fight Golems without stunning them. There should never be more than a single person attacking a Golem. Ever. They take like 2 seconds to stun and about 5-8 more seconds to kill. It's crazy that they ever reach the towers in the first place.

Sizustar
Aug 15, 2017, 09:41 PM
Hmm...seems like fire Fo is a viable option beside Hr...

ArcaneTechs
Aug 15, 2017, 09:46 PM
Hmm...seems like fire Fo is a viable option beside Hr...
where've you been?

SteveCZ
Aug 15, 2017, 10:08 PM
What's the diff to play advance than main match grade 3 in terms of loot? Higher drop rate?

final_attack
Aug 15, 2017, 10:24 PM
What's the diff to play advance than main match grade 3 in terms of loot? Higher drop rate?

As far as I know, yes, just higher drop rate (I got more grinders on Grade 3 ....... just a few on Grade 3+, and much more high rarity items on Grade 3+).

SteveCZ
Aug 16, 2017, 01:06 AM
As far as I know, yes, just higher drop rate (I got more grinders on Grade 3 ....... just a few on Grade 3+, and much more high rarity items on Grade 3+).

Ah okay... cause i'm really lazy doing this one, but the 14*s are non-existent interesting.

TakemiShinnosuke
Aug 16, 2017, 10:48 AM
Have been playing grade 3+ for awhile now.. and how what is the RNG level?? I mean how many times must we play to get something like 14* weapons and defence units like izane... I have been playing but have not found anything good popping out yet

ashley50
Aug 16, 2017, 10:49 AM
Have been playing grade 3+ for awhile now.. and how what is the RNG level?? I mean how many times must we play to get something like 14* weapons and defence units like izane... I have been playing but have not found anything good popping out yet
Play more. Play A lot.

IchijinKali
Aug 16, 2017, 10:50 AM
Oh man, I think this was the run I was in earlier today.

Left side went pretty much completely undefended with a wall up yeah? By the time I noticed it was pretty much too late. I got a seriously bad feeling when it took so long on the first attack phase to break the core on the castle, and from what I saw most of the players were Hero too...

I got something like 3 HTs in that run, it was ridiculous.

I don't recall a wall being thrown up for the left side considering I was on that side most of the time since Orange kept getting bummed rushed by chargers, still ended up being the first tower lost. We did take awhile to take out the core for the first attack phase but that is easily easily because everyone tried to go for the core instead of those two towers at the start so they kept getting blindsided by the mobs being spawned.

During the final attack phase I'm pretty sure we only had one teleporter left, because someone chose ATTACK for their defense tower. I sent it to the right side for it would take less time, was Blue Tower's. But only me and one other used it because everyone else ran to the castle. Even then we still got done with our side first with only one other person. After about 30 seconds of waiting and seeing the left side have someone always be dead I tried to go over and help. Problem was by the time I got there they FINALLY finished. Wasn't the end of them dying though fighting the castle two people had managed to die. Wish I took a screen cap of who all was in the MPA.

Poyonche
Aug 16, 2017, 11:14 AM
It is what my nightmare run (which I was speaking of yesterday) looked like near the end :
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/BvA5Nnm.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Almost sure Orange Tower was Special-type, forgot about Blue tho.

final_attack
Aug 16, 2017, 11:26 AM
It is what my nightmare run looked like near the end :

No one protect the Orange Tower? :o
Special-type for Orange / Blue would be nice (especially that final defense phase's last rush).

Poyonche
Aug 16, 2017, 11:28 AM
No one protect the Orange Tower? :o
Special-type for Orange / Blue would be nice (especially that final defense phase's last rush).

I did but I was alone with one person sometimes, pretty sure there was a wall between Orange and Purple at a moment because I remember using Talis to get past it.

Klubbah
Aug 16, 2017, 11:41 AM
My two bad runs I might as well throw here with the others. I am playing Grade 3 without the Expert matching ticked so I can't complain too much with the option available, but either more people are ticking that or they are doing Grade 3+ (still need 4 excubes for my Hero and then all that exp, can only do 3+ as Te/Br right now) as these past 2 days its gotten a lot worse. Still haven't lost but it's pretty close.

[SPOILER-BOX]4131741318[/SPOILER-BOX]

Both of them had the same pretty dumb problem... A Wall appeared. Instead of just easily going around it or defending the towers on their side 4-5 people just whack it down while 3-4 golems and 2 waves of mobs run at the towers, that's all I really want to complain about. There are the level 40-60s or w/e but I have had fine runs with them before, the MPA just really wants to take down those walls. (Does something bad happen if they stay up even? Besides having to go around it)

I'm not that strong either but I charged Julius Nykta (suction photon burst) 3 times in both of those matches which seems crazy to me.

TakemiShinnosuke
Aug 16, 2017, 12:06 PM
The wall is easy .. just walk through it and use use an anti and done (resta if needed).note: by walking through it you will have a weak bullet signature on you but who cares just do not get hit and all be fine.

Alenoir
Aug 16, 2017, 12:19 PM
It is what my nightmare run (which I was speaking of yesterday) looked like near the end :

> Mana Lv6 with 6100pt

I think I find the problem. It takes more than 2 people going full time crystal to reach Lv6.

Poyonche
Aug 16, 2017, 12:23 PM
> Mana Lv6 with 6100pt

I think I find the problem. It takes more than 2 people going full time crystal to reach Lv6.

"Why should I bother protecting tower when I can spend my time gathering beautiful crystals ?"

Masu
Aug 16, 2017, 12:33 PM
But but it's super interesting to study fish shoal behavior with mini map :clown:

rashoood
Aug 16, 2017, 04:11 PM

I washed my hands from 14* but I am missing a leg unit. Been playing like crazy but no luck lol

Alenoir
Aug 17, 2017, 11:15 AM
People, for the love of god, stop picking attack type for your tower's weapon sets.

That's the only set that doesn't come with freeze barrier for the tower, and most of them are useless if you're just going to soccer anyways.

ashley50
Aug 17, 2017, 11:17 AM
Maybe their translation patch broke and no way to tell which is which without being able to tell which is which...

And so they accidentally "chose" the attack setup

Lyrise
Aug 17, 2017, 12:11 PM
Maybe their translation patch broke and no way to tell which is which without being able to tell which is which...

And so they accidentally "chose" the attack setup

Considering you can actually see on the field a preview of what you get when you pick a different setup, and the option to confirm a setup or pick a setup are on different pages, I find that explanation pretty unlikely.

Suplin
Aug 17, 2017, 04:12 PM
Probably too early to speculate but how many buster quests you think will be introduced by the end of ep5?

Unless i am reading it wrong magic cuent bq enemies take an extra 10% of from tech damage (thats what the message indicates during the bq intro right?) so it would make sense if the next 2 buster quests have a similar modifier for striking or ranged damage maybe?

Also regarding the bq weapon potential assuming cleasis affects both defence+final defence phases we should be looking forward to potentials for the buster and attack/final attack phases as upgrades at the very least

Moffen
Aug 17, 2017, 04:59 PM
I believe we'll likely have a buster quest castle for each province?
Is it a province?
whatever the heck the land is called that the other peeps own.
3 more perhaps?

IchijinKali
Aug 17, 2017, 05:03 PM
I love tempting fate

[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/xcIX4/bfd2ddc495.jpg
https://puu.sh/xcIXy/3471785913.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

LancerFate
Aug 17, 2017, 05:30 PM
I believe we'll likely have a buster quest castle for each province?
Is it a province?
whatever the heck the land is called that the other peeps own.
3 more perhaps?

I think so we have 4 TD in total, now its time for 4 BQ xD

I love tempting fate

[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/xcIX4/bfd2ddc495.jpg
https://puu.sh/xcIXy/3471785913.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
one of the reasons why i got lvl 80 hero prior to BQ, i saw it coming XD

People, for the love of god, stop picking attack type for your tower's weapon sets.

That's the only set that doesn't come with freeze barrier for the tower, and most of them are useless if you're just going to soccer anyways.
Yep attack layout seems useless, 4 balanced type best from what i saw so far.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 17, 2017, 06:59 PM
are mobs in BQ Main Advance only Lv75? or do they hit Lv80 at some point? im maxed out and i havent seen a Lv80 set yet

Tymek
Aug 17, 2017, 07:55 PM
Welp, got my first disconnect during a Buster Quest not too long ago.
That sucks.

That sucks!!

loafhero
Aug 17, 2017, 09:56 PM
are mobs in BQ Main Advance only Lv75? or do they hit Lv80 at some point? im maxed out and i havent seen a Lv80 set yet

So, far its only been mobs capped at 75. Never seen an 80 enemy.

Great Pan
Aug 17, 2017, 11:07 PM
Welp, got my first disconnect during a Buster Quest not too long ago.
That sucks.

That sucks!!

ZOOBAARAASHEEKOO OONN GAA NAAAIIINAA KEEMEE WAA

Vatallus
Aug 18, 2017, 03:18 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/pFiqeYw.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

That was a 2% win. Makes me wonder if the castle hitting the tower again would have been enough to kill it. I don't even know what happened during that run but thank god some of us had War Cry.. or whatever its called when on a Hero.

Altiea
Aug 18, 2017, 03:41 AM
As far as loadouts go, I usually stick with either Defense or Special. I know that literally everyone else picks Balance or Defense, which leads to an oversaturation in Telepipe Cannons. I quickly deduced that the Gatling Turrets do essentially nothing besides DPS low enough to make a Tank Hunter build look good, so Attack is more or less out of the question.

Great Pan
Aug 18, 2017, 04:12 AM
Real men only uses Attack type sets.

Kondibon
Aug 18, 2017, 04:24 AM
an oversaturation in Telepipe Cannons.You can never have enough telepipes. :wacko:

Moffen
Aug 18, 2017, 07:18 AM
Honestly 4 telepipe cannons is really good.
Set the outer towers telepipes next to eachother so you can jump from side to side in seconds and use the middle ones to teleport to the ramp in the second attack phase.

you usually dont get btfo as easily by hords of minotaurs spawning on the other side of the map.

Superia
Aug 18, 2017, 07:18 AM
You can never have enough telepipes. :wacko:

No :wacko: required. "oversaturation in Telepipe Cannons" is a myth.

TehCubey
Aug 18, 2017, 10:31 AM
I don't see much use for special loadouts. Do we really need 2 photon punishers? The only situation where they might be practical is for wiping out side rooms on the final attack, but even then I'm not convinced it's not faster to just attack normally - unless everyone goes one side for some reason.

Kondibon
Aug 18, 2017, 11:09 AM
but even then I'm not convinced it's not faster to just attack normally - unless everyone goes one side for some reason.In my experience using the Photon Punishers on the side rooms is faster, but I dunno if having two photon punishers is really necessary for that.

Poyonche
Aug 18, 2017, 11:38 AM
In my experience using the Photon Punishers on the side rooms is faster, but I dunno if having two photon punishers is really necessary for that.

It is when people waste uses of Photon Punisher on Omega Goblins spawn or other worthless things... :(

Is it only happening to me ?

millefeuille
Aug 19, 2017, 08:59 AM
There's a first time for everything.
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/vVZcmT1.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Moffen
Aug 19, 2017, 03:02 PM
[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

What grade? 3+? ._.

millefeuille
Aug 19, 2017, 09:46 PM
What grade? 3+? ._.

Grade 3.

Kind of expected it since only 3 players were Hero's (me included) and the average player level was <75; a lot of 50's and 60's.

loafhero
Aug 19, 2017, 11:05 PM
[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

This is a perfectly timed screenshot because of Xierra's look of shock and disappointment.