PDA

View Full Version : Exp stealing

Garanz2
Apr 30, 2003, 04:29 PM
Imagine the scene: I am playing with my lvl 26 HUcast in hard using a 150 POW mag and a yamato. I am happily fighting through C2 when a lvl 36 FOnewearl joins my game. We say hi, and I send her a pipe. We go into the next room and I run towards the nearest evil shark. Suddenly, WHOOSH! Foie flies over my shoulder and hits the shark for 500+ damage, killing it instantly. I go for the next one, WHOOSH! It dies, without a single hit from me. Therefore no experience. It got really tedious by the time we got to C3 so i politely asked her to use a less powerful spell. She says ok. We enter C3 and a bunch of enemies spawn. I run at one and kill it, turn round to attack the others and watch as they all die from friggin' Gizonde! I think getting exp is really hard for hunters because the ranged characters always kill most of the enemies before you even reach them. OK, i know I was too powerful for my level, doing about 200 damage per hit, but when you just want to get exp, the least these godly-for-their-level forces and rangers could do is let hunters get a hit in. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

AYY-BEE-CEE
Apr 30, 2003, 05:23 PM
Yes, every online player of PSO has experienced this, but it is a first experience having heard of someone moan about it when they're just as guilty of it themselves. Level 26 Hucast with a Yamato? Right now I'm same level and character type and I'm using a Soul Eater I won offline with around 270-ish base ATP and a level 54 mag. So I have more right to moan, you hypocrite.

Orange_Coconut
Apr 30, 2003, 08:15 PM
O_o

First of all, Yamato has around the same attack power as the Musashi, which is able to be found in Hard Mode. Garanz might have had another character for hand-me-downs or he could have made it to VH offline at a low level. The mag could easily be raised by anyone (I know you didn't mention that but it's got a nice power stat ^_^).

Well, even if he did give a hand-me-down, from what I can tell he was in a room alone. He obviously knows how it feels to get exp. stolen, in which case I don't think he would do the same. If you leave a room open without a password, chances are you want other people to join, which is what he wanted. The only problem is that it was a highly twinked FO, which wouldn't be so bad if maybe she let Garanz here get some exp too.

He's only trying to say that it's annoying when people come into a room with "twinked" characters and take all of the kills. I don't balme him. I have a highly twinked FOnewearl as well, but I try to take on few enemies because I can kill them quite easily. It's all about teamwork, which I bet millions of people have said before. But there's a reason why people are able to play with each other, and it sure isn't because they're supposed to stare at each other and see who can get through with getting the most exp.

Anyways, even if a character has high level things equipped or learned, as long as that person doesn't forget why PSO is made to be an online game (as well as offline, of course), then things should be fine between the teamates.

IceBlink
May 1, 2003, 04:35 AM
I purposely left my FOmarl in normal with a level 1 Rafoie, so she can never kill a enemy in one hit with that move. Plus, I use zalure much more often. If I use a simple tech, I use one which the enemy is strong against, so it won't die in one hit. I only start busting out the level 18+ simple techs if a hunter or ranger joins the game and starts killing everything in one hit. It's kinda fun to turn the tables back on them... ^_^;

Garanz2
May 1, 2003, 01:41 PM
I'm not compaining that the FO was twinked, as i know i was twinked myself, but it's just so annoying when another character kills everything before you even get a hit in.