PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for a starter charcter?

MaskedShardy
Jul 6, 2017, 10:26 PM
So right now im installing PSO2, and i figured id ask, whats a good starter character for a beginner? I was thinking about a deuman, because of their damage boost, but honestly dont know for sure. Just figured id ask for suggestions.

Great Pan
Jul 6, 2017, 11:07 PM
Go CAST or go home.

Kondibon
Jul 6, 2017, 11:21 PM
So right now im installing PSO2, and i figured id ask, whats a good starter character for a beginner? I was thinking about a deuman, because of their damage boost, but honestly dont know for sure. Just figured id ask for suggestions.
Deumen are good, but their low HP and defense can actually make life a bit rough while learning the game. It's not something you can't get used to though. I say pick whichever has the features you want and go from there. For example, I play a caseal because I can go robutt or moeblob whenever I want.

Zipzo
Jul 7, 2017, 12:21 AM
Sometimes I curse myself for not having gone CAST. (Is a female human).

ralf542
Jul 7, 2017, 03:24 AM
You have 3 character slots, so Newman, Dewman and CAST.

TehCubey
Jul 7, 2017, 05:13 AM
Character stats derived from race/gender do not matter. There are differences but overall they're insignificant. Build, mag, and affixes are all 10 times more important each, if not more.

So the good news is - pick whatever you like best.

Deumen are good, but their low HP and defense can actually make life a bit rough while learning the game. It's not something you can't get used to though.

Not really. With the sub units you get from the very early story quest, everything on N and H difficulties deals pathetic damage. Single digit for everything except bosses.

Ryuhou
Jul 7, 2017, 05:38 AM
Well, that was the case in ep 2. Now it's a lot easier. Female dewmans, however, are the cutest.

ralf542
Jul 7, 2017, 06:19 AM
Character stats derived from race/gender do not matter. There are differences but overall they're insignificant. Build, mag, and affixes are all 10 times more important each, if not more.

Biggest difference is 87 T-Atk with Fo/Te. Newman♀ has the highest T-Atk and Cast♀ the lowest, with Team tree/Shifta Advance(5 point)/Shifta Drink EX it's 141 T-Atk difference.

TehCubey
Jul 7, 2017, 08:49 AM
Biggest difference is 87 T-Atk with Fo/Te. Newman♀ has the highest T-Atk and Cast♀ the lowest, with Team tree/Shifta Advance(5 point)/Shifta Drink EX it's 141 T-Atk difference.

Which equals about 3% damage difference at level 80 - just saying so OP knows what the scale is.

MaskedShardy
Jul 7, 2017, 02:15 PM
umm, what does robutt and moeblob mean?

Anduril
Jul 7, 2017, 02:27 PM
umm, what does robutt and moeblob mean?

Just a jokey way of saying that as a CAST you can alternate between a robotic form and a fleshie form.

MaskedShardy
Jul 7, 2017, 03:11 PM
oh, they can?.

Anduril
Jul 7, 2017, 03:20 PM
oh, they can?.

Yep; these are the same character:
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/dcu5Pds.png[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/ioGWAJY.png[/spoiler-box]

Ryuhou
Jul 7, 2017, 03:35 PM
Even better for males because males don't need to resemble a cyborg, they can go full super robot.

Zipzo
Jul 7, 2017, 04:39 PM
Worth noting that CASTS also can never have fleshie ears. Stuck with antennas or metal parts sticking out of their ears.

Anduril
Jul 7, 2017, 05:47 PM
Worth noting that CASTS also can never have fleshie ears. Stuck with antennas or metal parts sticking out of their ears.

Or use a hairdo that covers the ears completely.

Jei182
Jul 26, 2017, 08:08 PM
Or use a hairdo that covers the ears completely.

Or headphone accessories if you prefer a hairstyle that doesn't cover the ears. I have been OCD about this on my cast but I am going to try out some new things considering I have a bunch of tickets that I just happened to use on my other characters that he should have now. Now I just need a makeover ticket to fix some things.