PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Fighter/ Bouncer Question thread

TakemiShinnosuke
Jul 12, 2017, 09:21 AM
So far using Bo/Hu with jet boots is great, however , I feel its lacking somewhere in damage. Could be me I do not know.
Also note that , while hunter damage is high , its weapons are very slow hitting. Not something I want cause I hate slow hit rates.

Was thinking of Bo/Fi with jet boots and Fi/Bo with a twin dagger...how would that work out?

LancerFate
Jul 12, 2017, 09:27 AM
Em just don't do it) if you want Fi, go meta build Fi/Hu.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jul 12, 2017, 09:36 AM
meaning what? do a Fi/Hu get the Fi leveled then go Bo/Fi ??

But what are the Fi benefits to a Bouncer using Jet Boots

Anduril
Jul 12, 2017, 09:56 AM
meaning what? do a Fi/Hu get the Fi leveled then go Bo/Fi ??

But what are the Fi benefits to a Bouncer using Jet Boots
Lancer means that if you intend to main Fi (aside from leveling for it being a subclass, though if you can go Fi/Hu even for that, it might be better), the best combo would be Fi/Hu.
Fi's overall benefits come from its Stances; they pretty much have the highest damage multipliers, but are conditional on your position relative to the enemy (though, in general, you can get away with just using Brave Stance).
Also, Fi has the Tech Arts skills which combined increase damage and reduce PP consumption when using different PAs and Techs in succession.
Additionally, because Fi's stances also effect Techs, it has decent enough T-ATK where you don't need to use Switch Strike (though if you are already speccing your Mag as S-ATK, you should still use it), and it's techs aren't completely terrible, so they can do decent damage when put in rotation (particularly if you have Shifta Air Attack Boost).

TakemiShinnosuke
Jul 12, 2017, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the note... I will do the FI/Hu just for leveling then later sub class it for Bo Jet boots.

Jet boots are good .. elemental switch hehe....

TakemiShinnosuke
Jul 12, 2017, 01:14 PM
Ahhhh still cannot decide... Bo/Hu or Bo/Fi for jet boots

Anduril
Jul 12, 2017, 01:32 PM
If you've already started with Bo/Hu, just go that way, and if you don't feel like using Hunter weapons while you level Hu, then just find yourself a Hunter equipable pair of Jet Boots (https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Simple_Jet_Boots_List).

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 12, 2017, 02:00 PM
play bo/hu with jet boots and don't waste your time with fi as a sub. It's awful

TehCubey
Jul 12, 2017, 02:31 PM
play bo/hu with jet boots and don't waste your time with fi as a sub. It's awful

This. A hu sub contributes to your damage much better than a fi one.

If your damage is low, there could be several causes for that (skill tree, equipment, playstyle) but class selection is not one of them. At the very least not the sub - bouncer is considered one of the weaker classes nowadays, but you can still make it work.

Altiea
Jul 12, 2017, 02:46 PM
If you've already started with Bo/Hu, just go that way, and if you don't feel like using Hunter weapons while you level Hu, then just find yourself a Hunter equipable pair of Jet Boots (https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Simple_Jet_Boots_List).

Speaking of which, Plasis Arion is available this month via Material Zero Exchange, but be prepared to grind your ass off for it.

LancerFate
Jul 12, 2017, 03:14 PM
This. A hu sub contributes to your damage much better than a fi one.

If your damage is low, there could be several causes for that (skill tree, equipment, playstyle) but class selection is not one of them. At the very least not the sub - bouncer is considered one of the weaker classes nowadays, but you can still make it work.

imo Bouncer is very strong class, with KR type-0 especially.

Altiea
Jul 12, 2017, 03:26 PM
imo Bouncer is very strong class, with KR type-0 especially.

I thought we were talking about Boots?

LancerFate
Jul 12, 2017, 03:59 PM
I thought we were talking about Boots?
I think he was talking about Bo in general, with boots its also strong just need some experience to use vinto effectively.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jul 12, 2017, 10:08 PM
Speaking of which, Plasis Arion is available this month via Material Zero Exchange, but be prepared to grind your ass off for it.

How can I get one.. the site says it has something to with ES ??

Altiea
Jul 12, 2017, 10:12 PM
How can I get one.. the site says it has something to with ES ??

You have to play PSO2es Emergency Quests to get the Plasis Arion. It can drop on Extra Hard difficulty EQs, but can also be purchased by acquiring 20 of an item called "Material Zero", which drops in XHEQs. You can get an Arion in a single EQ if you have sufficiently geared alts and play all of them.

I would buy it, but I'm saving up for the Twin Daggers, Nesis Arion.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jul 12, 2017, 10:13 PM
You have to play PSO2es Emergency Quests to get the Plasis Arion. It can drop on Extra Hard difficulty EQs, but can also be purchased by acquiring 20 of an item called "Material Zero", which drops in XHEQs. You can get an Arion in a single EQ if you have sufficiently geared alts and play all of them.

I would buy it, but I'm saving up for the Twin Daggers, Nesis Arion.

XHEQ's in ES also?? or the main PSO2 ??

Altiea
Jul 12, 2017, 10:32 PM
XHEQ's in ES also?? or the main PSO2 ??

Emergency Quest in PSO2es. Every other week, there's an Emergency Quest where you fight a rare boss. These typically last for a few hours at a time per day, and have rewards unique to PSO2es that you can't get in PSO2, such as exclusive equipment and equipment affixed with Soul Receptor and Extreceptor.

Gear you can only get in PSO2es include the Rigid and Lead series of Sub Units, and rare All Class weapons with Innate PAs, such as Selc Flotz, a 10* All Class Jet Boots with Strike Gust built in. The Rig, Sigma, and Arion series of weapons are also exclusive to PSO2es.

Tunga
Jul 13, 2017, 06:14 PM
Why not um just use both bouncer weapons?

ArcaneTechs
Jul 14, 2017, 12:48 AM
Why not um just use both bouncer weapons?
why hasn't sega gave JBs more PA's yet? thats the real question

Dephinix
Jul 14, 2017, 01:27 AM
Because Hero is what SEGA envisioned Bouncer being, but failed tremendously.

Xaelouse
Jul 14, 2017, 09:08 AM
How is Bouncer a failed version of Hero? You might as well say Hunter and Fighter are as well

And JBs dont really need new PAs as the four now + techs (if s-atk, + dual blades) covers all the necessary angles of combat. Just another craft maybe.

Dephinix
Jul 14, 2017, 07:59 PM
That's just how I imagine it from their perspective, I'm not saying the class sucks if that's what you were inferring from that. Fighter actually needs all of its weapons to be optimal, Hunter is.. eh, sword was buffed too much, but hopefully the changes make the partisan bearable again. Bouncer was supposed to be a hybrid class, but in the end people are still choosing one weapon over the other, or only using their "off" weapon for active skills, and offensive techs aren't really touched outside of JB element change.

You seem real defensive over bouncer, an extra PA or two would be nice, it seems odd it's ignored. If you're happy with it, that's cool.

Selphea
Jul 14, 2017, 08:29 PM
Hero is more like what Sega envisioned Bo/Br being I think, which would've been doable by y'know, buffing Bo/Br!

Saelix
Jul 14, 2017, 08:31 PM
Honestly if they just put Just attack advance on every striking class with a cap it would do a lot for diversity

LancerFate
Jul 15, 2017, 12:46 AM
There is no problem in choosing one weapon, it's current bouncer meta, well even skill points are limited you know ( for hybrid fans i not mean it's bad playing hybrid just it's not in meta ). Hero i glad it's not just another class, like some expected last hybrid we are missing T/R atk based, the whole advanced class idea looks interesting to me, and i really excited to play it.
P.S There 2 HERO threads alrdy xD

Dephinix
Jul 15, 2017, 12:49 AM
If only Selphea, xD

Oh no, I agree that it works just fine, but I thought Bouncer meta was using JB Rapid Boost on bosses when PBF was on cooldown, and/or vice versa? There's a lot of skill points to do both, if you have the meseta for rainbow DBs. Unless you like maxing the S Atk Ups, but, eh. I would have been really upset with the T/R hybrid class idea too, this Hero thing is at least a fresh change that will be entertaining.

LancerFate
Jul 15, 2017, 01:07 AM
No i just use both stances Element/Break.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jul 15, 2017, 03:30 AM
Bump Bump....

Lol Again this section... I like Boucer JB Play style.. fits my style etc... however , to make it good it needs a sub class..

I can't seem to find one that is equal to the JB style of play... everything else seems so slow...

JB has striking from switch strike , can use techs and make the per hit faster by using that speed boost skill ...

After playing so much JB... I cannot seem to find another class that is almost the same lol

I intend to make both sides 80/80 to join the special quests but erm

HELP!!!

LancerFate
Jul 15, 2017, 04:01 AM
Bump Bump....

Lol Again this section... I like Boucer JB Play style.. fits my style etc... however , to make it good it needs a sub class..

I can't seem to find one that is equal to the JB style of play... everything else seems so slow...

JB has striking from switch strike , can use techs and make the per hit faster by using that speed boost skill ...

After playing so much JB... I cannot seem to find another class that is almost the same lol

HELP!!!
imo as you mentioned in first post, Hunter probably the best subclass, Fury Stance, Massive Hunter, Automate.

TehCubey
Jul 15, 2017, 04:33 AM
Bump Bump....

HELP!!!

People, myself included, told you to use HU sub. Why should we try to help if you're not going to listen?

Altiea
Jul 15, 2017, 04:54 AM
People, myself included, told you to use HU sub. Why should we try to help if you're not going to listen?

I mean, you don't have to be rude about it.

I think what he's getting at is that he wants a Sub that is functionally fluid like Boots is. Of course, HU sub is basically the only good option for BO, so the only other option is to adapt to other playstyles. If you want that 80/80, you can't play Boots forever.

TehCubey
Jul 15, 2017, 05:40 AM
Yes, every class has a different playstyle (with some exceptions, like FO and non-wand TE). You shouldn't pick a sub judging by what plays similar to the main because that's not what a subclass is for, it's there to further enhance you with its skills, bonuses and whatnot.

Varuden
Jul 15, 2017, 10:01 PM
Once upon a time, Fi/Bo was a class combination that was pretty fun and actually did pretty well at the time. One way involved using ズィレンハイト Jet Boots (which back then was the strongest Fi equipable Jet Boots you could use).

Can you still play it today? Yes, you technically still can play it today (although you'd be much weaker). Although, I'm not sure about how strong Fi/Bo would be if you used プラシスアリオン (13* PSO2es Jet Boots).

Otherwise, for Bouncer Main + Jet Boots you can play BoHu or BoFi. I'd recommend BoHu though because you get more mileage with it and can also use Dual Blades if you ever felt like it. But if you really want your Techs, you can BoFi.

Tl;dr:
- Is it possible to play FiBo? Yes.
- Is it recommended to play FiBo? Not anymore, since it is weaker than main class Bouncer (If using Bouncer weapons).
- If you play Bouncer main, you should go BoHu or BoFi
- I recommend BoHu over BoFi for more available options.

People breathe, eat and sleep meta here at PSO-World. So if you don't say something meta, you'll probably be roasted over a fire or be treated rudely. But I usually see the former happen.

Altiea
Jul 16, 2017, 01:00 AM
The upshot of FI/BO is that you can cut out some Main Class Skills on BO tree to dump into Crit Skills. You also get burst damage on FI through Limit Break and access to Critical Strike, which is +20% damage and +15% damage, respectively. You also get stat ups on the tree to balance out the stat difference between using higher end Boots and Plasis Arion. Arion also gives you a little extra PP sustain with its +15% PP recovery on hit. Your main stat is additionally T-ATK, which is cheaper to affix for than god-awful S-ATK, and you get extra bonus by way of Techs actually being halfway decent with TAJA, which will push a little extra damage while rotating Vintos.

On the other hand, you're losing out on Gear Boost and Escape, which are both rather important skills if you're running Boots. You also, of course, lose Class Bonus (10%), too. You also don't get access to a lot of the higher end Boots, although the stat difference between Zeinesis and Arion is 110 T-ATK, which is a smaller gap than I expected.

Assuming I'm using this strange damage calc correctly, (http://4rt.info/psod/?xsiiI) FI/BO Arion will out-damage BO/HU Zeinesis/Qliphad with Anthesis that has an affix build of 400 S-ATK, assuming the FI/BO is Limit Breaking and has PP, Deadline, and Crazy Beat maxed with Lv. 7 Halfline. (https://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11AnbCIobCIobCIobCIobCIobCIobCIobCIo bCIo0jdodBIb000000000dodAI2bnfeAfJksSzsjqn00000fdo ib0000000fdo0000000Io00000000ioIn00000000IbIo00000 00jdoIbkiqAfbsfrAJkJkIbIn00000fdB0000006) However, when you're not Limit Breaking and aren't under the effects of Halfline and Deadline, (http://4rt.info/psod/?3W0M0) you... actually match BO/HU Zeinesis/Qliphad w/ Anthesis 400 S-ATK.

... If I'm using the calculator right. I might not be, so take those numbers with a grain of salt.

Anduril
Jul 16, 2017, 01:49 AM
... If I'm using the calculator right. I might not be, so take those numbers with a grain of salt.
You forgot to add the Class Weapon Bonus all the way at the bottom; here are the corrected ones:
Limit Break On (http://4rt.info/psod/?d1aW4)
Limit Break Off
(http://4rt.info/psod/?vbvgc)

Altiea
Jul 16, 2017, 02:56 AM
You forgot to add the Class Weapon Bonus all the way at the bottom; here are the corrected ones:
Limit Break On (http://4rt.info/psod/?d1aW4)
Limit Break Off
(http://4rt.info/psod/?vbvgc)

That's without affixes on the Arion too. Tack on 150+ T-ATK affix and you've pretty much matched BO/HU Zeinesis even without Limit Break.

Selphea
Jul 16, 2017, 08:15 AM

Crazy Beat is SATK, won't work on TATK boots but otherwise looks correct. Also Limit Breaking Jet Boots without Iron Will or Jet Boots Escape is kind of suicidal.

Fi/Bo is still playable though, especially for seasonals, non-timed LQs, SHAQs, Yamato and other easy + high exp content.

Altiea
Jul 16, 2017, 11:06 AM
Crazy Beat is SATK, won't work on TATK boots but otherwise looks correct. Also Limit Breaking Jet Boots without Iron Will or Jet Boots Escape is kind of suicidal.

Fi/Bo is still playable though, especially for seasonals, non-timed LQs, SHAQs, Yamato and other easy + high exp content.

Just curious, is Chase/Hafline Boost tree viable for FI/BO? I know that you can inflict Mirage at a fairly decent rate with Moment Gale.

ralf542
Jul 16, 2017, 11:43 AM
To all: 500 base atk, no affix but 400 only on Qliphad and normal attack damage with TAJA.

I hope this is better(80/80 Dewman♀) http://4rt.info/psod/?zJ5le

Selphea
Jul 16, 2017, 11:53 AM
Just curious, is Chase/Hafline Boost tree viable for FI/BO? I know that you can inflict Mirage at a fairly decent rate with Moment Gale.

IMO, for mobs it works especially with Ele Burst and Vinto. It's not like Fi/Bo has much else to spend SPs on since Crazy Beat is dead and the Gears are all for SATK weapons. Have to caveat that I really hate playing Fi/Bo regardless and wouldn't have touched it with a 100ft pole if not for level 80 grinding though (1 more level!)