PDA

View Full Version : Bad experience in the chat room...

AYY-BEE-CEE
Apr 30, 2003, 05:17 PM
I hate the chatroom.

The administrators are useless B's with no sense of humour ('scuse my spelling, I'm an Ing-lander).

They make wild accusations of racism when you talk about the japanese in abbreviated terms (in this case, j a p s), which you do not mean in a racist manner, you argue that, they kick you anyway.

If you can't use acronyms on an internet website, well, how pathetic is that, it's like a sandwich without the bread, or a P.C. without a monitor, and such and such alike.

You can't discuss a debate of which you stand the other side of the adminstrator, or you get kicked.

And the people there are no fun at all, boring sods who just want to make the world sad.

Anyway, I'm banned now, so maybe I can do more constructive things, plant a tree, learn an instrument, not get insulted by a bunch of low-lifes who mope around in a chatroom kicking people off so they can get a kick out of it.

And if you defend them, I pity you.

ABDUR101
Apr 30, 2003, 05:38 PM
On 2003-04-30 15:17, AYY-BEE-CEE wrote:
I hate the chatroom.

You should'nt go there anymore then.

The administrators are useless B's with no sense of humour ('scuse my spelling, I'm an Ing-lander).

They make wild accusations of racism when you talk about the japanese in abbreviated terms (in this case, j a p s), which you do not mean in a racist manner, you argue that, they kick you anyway.

Even if you don't mean it offensively, it is still an offensive term. I could run around saying the "N" word without meaning it in a bad way, but that doesn't make it any less demeaning or offensive.

If you can't use acronyms on an internet website, well, how pathetic is that, it's like a sandwich without the bread, or a P.C. without a monitor, and such and such alike.

Thats the rule, no excessive use of net speak. Just because it's part of the internet, doesn't mean it works like everything else.

Pennsylvania is part of the US, but it has some laws that are different from the rest of the US. You still have to follow them, regardless.

You can't discuss a debate of which you stand the other side of the adminstrator, or you get kicked.

I'd imagine if you were debating intelligently, you would'nt get kicked. That depends on your idea of "intelligent" conversation.

And the people there are no fun at all, boring sods who just want to make the world sad.

Then why would you even want to be there in the first place? If you're there for abit and you see how boring it is, why even make a big fuss?

Anyway, I'm banned now, so maybe I can do more constructive things, plant a tree, learn an instrument, not get insulted by a bunch of low-lifes who mope around in a chatroom kicking people off so they can get a kick out of it.

If you got banned, you most likely did something, or repeatedly did something which resulted in you earning it.

Honestly, is it a trend now-a-days to goto the chat, get pissed, get kicked/banned and then come here to vent off about it? How many threads have there been about this recently?

Don't goto the chat if you can't follow the rules or don't know proper internet guidelines.

And if you defend them, I pity you.

Thats nice, but in honesty, I pity the people who get kicked or banned from it and then come here to bad mouth the chat and those who actively take care of it.

Take a chill pill > Everybody

It's only the internet > Everybody

There is life beyond your CRT or LCD display > Everybody

*goes to consume vasts amounts of something edible*

Scriptor
Apr 30, 2003, 09:16 PM
I think the word your after is MUNCHKIN ABC.

Zack_Morris
Apr 30, 2003, 09:45 PM
As much as you didn't mean anything by it when you said it the term "Jap" is definitely offensive.

As for not liking the chatroom i'll keep my mouth shut http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Been there done that...

Guile
May 1, 2003, 09:42 PM
I think I put a Q-Tip to far into my ear, it hurts now...

Oh and
Shut up.

AYY-BEE-CEE
May 2, 2003, 11:13 AM
Oh well, I'll make sure I remember that 'Jap' is offensive no matter how naive I am about these big new words, many people are fussy on here, no anti-chatroom messages (perhaps they could make it a better chatroom, then there would be no need) and respect others, despite the heap of s**t they give you.

*Minute later*

Hello everybody! I think you're all great! The chatroom is superb, and the people of this world are fantastic!

Wewt
May 2, 2003, 04:27 PM
Actually, the rule is no netspeak, not no excessiv use of it. Here's the word-for-word version:

"7) No netspeak. Especially no use of "lol", "u" for "you", "r" for "are", etc"

There's also a rule for no use of scripts, but I use about 4 different ones. I didn't get into trouble for that. Oh well.

s3rial_one
May 2, 2003, 04:55 PM
I can certainly understand not wanting to have people using "u" and "r" and the like; doing so makes the writer look like some sort of uneducated cretin, but no "lol?" I just can't wrap my head around that one...

Why?

ABDUR101
May 2, 2003, 05:26 PM
On 2003-05-02 14:27, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:
Actually, the rule is no netspeak, not no excessiv use of it. Here's the word-for-word version:

"7) No netspeak. Especially no use of "lol", "u" for "you", "r" for "are", etc"

As taken from this thread about the rules of #PSOW (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=48740&forum=6&8)

7. No netspeak. This is another rule that had to be shortened to fit in the space allowed. Originally, it was "No excessive netspeak." As with swearing, we don't care if you say "lol" once in a while. But please...is it really necessary to shorten the word "you" to "u"? It's two letters! This unnecessary laziness really bugs most of us, and I would suggest you refrain from doing it. As previously mentioned, #psow is not like AOL chat.

Wewt
May 2, 2003, 05:48 PM
Then you might want to have a word with the ops over at the channel. The rules as you enter the channel CLEARLY says:

7) No netspeak. Especially no use of "lol", "u" for "you", "r" for "are", etc.

It might clear up a load of shit with the users that question that particular rule. Besides, chances are that people will not read that topic, and jump straight into the channel... where the rules are announced to users as they join.

Ness
May 2, 2003, 06:11 PM
Another person whining about the chatrooms. You get upset for being kicked and then you comeback being a bitch about and get banned. Then you make a topic whining about why you hate the chatroom for banning you when it was your fault to begin with. Same as all the others.

ABDUR101
May 2, 2003, 06:19 PM
On 2003-05-02 15:48, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:
Then you might want to have a word with the ops over at the channel. The rules as you enter the channel CLEARLY says:

7) No netspeak. Especially no use of "lol", "u" for "you", "r" for "are", etc.

It might clear up a load of shit with the users that question that particular rule. Besides, chances are that people will not read that topic, and jump straight into the channel... where the rules are announced to users as they join.

...did you not read the exact quote I gave you from the other thread?

7. No netspeak. This is another rule that had to be shortened to fit in the space allowed. Originally, it was "No excessive netspeak." As with swearing, we don't care if you say "lol" once in a while. But please...is it really necessary to shorten the word "you" to "u"? It's two letters! This unnecessary laziness really bugs most of us, and I would suggest you refrain from doing it. As previously mentioned, #psow is not like AOL chat.

I don't have to get on anybody, it's their channel and I have no domain there.

War_Child
May 2, 2003, 09:16 PM
WWWWWWWWWWWW - if you were using scripts, they weren't noticeable. The ones that piss us off our the fserve ones, mp3 ones, coloured text, etc.

The rule is no excessive netspeak. We usually warn first. Now please stop whining ^_^

umipixie
May 4, 2003, 10:30 PM
Yes, if you read the rules (posted on the java chat page, even) you will see the rule is no *excessive* netspeak. There's a link messaged to you when you join the channel as well. Unfortunately, the rules message had to be shortened to fit in the space allowed. Plus, you go to the rules page (in the FAQ on this site) and you tell me if you'd want that whole thing messaged to you when you join...I would be really irritated if I got that whole message every time I joined the channel. -_-

Anyway, who is this person complaining? I don't remember anyone banning you...you're certainly not on the bans list right now. O.o

As far as scripts go, we don't care if you're running invisible scripts that don't post some irrelevant infos every three minutes into the channel. We don't do version on everyone who comes in and make them fill out a questionaire. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: umipixie on 2003-05-04 20:44 ]</font>

Ness
May 5, 2003, 03:34 PM
I try to avoid using netspeakl unless I'm in fresh kills.

SuperPredator
May 8, 2003, 04:45 PM
It's the worst chatbox i've ever been in.
Always bitching about the damn rules, and it's the only thing they ever say on that damn box. You just can't start a decent conversation. Especialy with the F****** ops, they act like they're god. I'd like to meet these M*****F****** in person, let's see if they'll talk big then.
Where ever you go there will always be uptight lamers like that.
I've been to boxes that had only a few rules with over 500 users. And they are working perfectly.
So why can't this box?

[i]Rules only excist to be broken!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SuperPredator on 2003-05-08 14:46 ]</font>

ABDUR101
May 8, 2003, 04:51 PM
On 2003-05-08 14:45, SuperPredator wrote:
[i]Rules only excist to be broken!

Make sure you read our rules (http://www.pso-world.com/faq.php?myfaq=yes&id_cat=9&categories=Forum), and follow them. The same goes for the chat room rules, you follow them, otherwise you get kicked, and eventually banned.

umipixie
May 8, 2003, 05:20 PM
No one even kicked him, AND no one was rude to him...

05:00pm <PR3DAT0R> wazap?
05:01pm <umipixie> no colors please
05:01pm <PR3DAT0R> You gotta be kiddin
05:01pm <umipixie> some people's clients do not support them
05:01pm <PR3DAT0R> Colors brighten this place a little
05:01pm <PR3DAT0R> so?
05:01pm <PR3DAT0R> won't bother them then
05:01pm <IceBlink> Please read the rules and understand them before attempting to communicate. Thank you. This is a prerecorded message, so do not attempt to reply.
05:01pm <umipixie> it's rude
05:02pm <PR3DAT0R> they warned me about this chan
05:02pm <PR3DAT0R> no good
05:02pm -|- PR3DAT0R has left #psow []

O_o You can't make anyone happy. Warn people and they complain. Kick them without warning and they complain. No matter what happens, someone always freakin complains. -_-;;

[for those of you who are not familiar with IRC stuffs, "colors" are commands used to type words in color instead of in the default color, which shows up differently for different users, depending on what kind of program they are running. some people whose clients do not support colored text cannot read whatever a person is typing in color, so it just shows up like a blank line. it's very irritating for people to not be able to read stuff people are typing, and to have a bunch of random blank lines show up.]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: umipixie on 2003-05-08 15:37 ]</font>

ABDUR101
May 8, 2003, 05:35 PM
Don't let it get to you. You told them the rule, so thats it, if they get pissy and leave, it's no big deal.

I'm going to enforce the rules here, as expected, and if someone gets mad at me for making them follow a rule, or reprimanding them for not following a rule, then that makes no difference to me at all.

Kid_Icarus
May 8, 2003, 05:39 PM
Wah.

I still haven't been kicked yet ;_;

Blast me for following rules!

umipixie
May 8, 2003, 05:45 PM
:P It's not getting to me, it just makes me laugh that no one even told him off, called him stupid, kicked and/or banned him, or did anything else mean to him...but he still complained. Now maybe people will understand that no matter what you do or how you run some channels someone will always complain.

The other day one op was dealing with someone who was trying to pawn off pirated versions of PSO PC...he asked him to quit. The guy didn't quit. I asked him to quit...he didn't. Another operator asked him to quit and he didn't...so finally he got kicked. And then a regular user was like "you guys are too lenient."

On the flip side, this guy gets no reprimand (usually, simply asking someone to stop typing in color is sufficient to get them to stop, not really worthy of a kick unless they get pissy about it) and he says we are harsh.

It's just funny...and a perfect example of what I have been trying to tell everyone lately (no one is ever satisfied no matter how you run the show). I could be handing out free Krispy Kremes with every join and people would still find something to complain about. ^_^;;

Raist
May 8, 2003, 06:01 PM
I think its the rules themselves that MOST people find to strict, not the ops themselves. I really don't know, I've never actually used the channel. But judging by all the threads complaining about the chat room, thats the way it sounds.

umipixie
May 8, 2003, 06:23 PM
I dunno, I didn't see anyone calling the rules a "dipshit" or a "nazi". ^_^;

Orange_Coconut
May 8, 2003, 06:34 PM
Well, the rules might bother some, but I remember when I got on it was like how I normally type anyways.

As for the ops? They seemed very nice when I was around. They normally had interesting conversations.

When I first got on, I remember being criticized at first but it wasn't by an op (er, admin... Or something... I always get them mixed up and the + and @ by the names kept confusing me.. Heh).

You just have to give it time, if someone insults you pretend you didn't see it or just forget about it. Eventually you'll fit in.

As I said before, there are some interesting conversations that take place in that channel http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ness
May 9, 2003, 04:10 PM
This is what I think:

All these people hate the chatrooms because they were kicked. When are they going to realize that a kick is not a ban? Also the ones that were banned were banned for "defending themselves". So they get mad at the ops for something that was their own fault to begin with.

Also rules don't exist to be broken. If that were the case then there would be no rules. I like the chatrooms and I like the ops. If you follow the rules, then the ops can be really nice people.

umipixie
May 10, 2003, 01:38 AM
*HUGS NESS AND CHIKU* You guys get cookies.

Chiku (err...orange coconut) has a point. A lot of the time people get mad at us ops when we are not the ones sitting there ridiculing them...I think the regular users are way meaner to each other than we are to them. ;P

War_Child
May 10, 2003, 10:41 AM
Rules are meant to create peace and order, not to be broken. Which is why if you break them, you get warned, then kicked. If you don't like it, stay the hell out of the chatroom please, for we don't want you if you're just going to be a big crysack. ^_^

umipxie, Orange Coconut, Abdur101 and Ness officially win on the logic point scale. Can we get this topic locked please?

Kasera
May 10, 2003, 11:20 AM
Where's the new rule about "chatroom bitching topics"? Yes, yes, we know. All the users are morons, and all the ops are Nazi-esque power tripping low lives. It's old news now.