PDA

View Full Version : Looking to learn the ropes

huck
Jul 16, 2017, 06:41 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm Huck.... Big fan of Phantasy Star since Dreamcast (ran up a 800$ phone bill as a kid connecting to a long distance 56k # smh). I was playing PSP1 yesterday and kept thinking damn I wanna play online. Did some research and now I'm on PSO2 on PS4 for the first time. What a difference a jump button makes lol....

Anyways I would really like to team up with some English speaking/texting players. I just need to learn some things from you guys/gals. My PSN name is huck0928 shoot me a msg or friend request whenever.

I'm a little rusty since my Episode I&II/Universe days but once a Guardian....

TehCubey
Jul 16, 2017, 08:35 PM
I'll just say this: when leveling up your character, be careful with two things - your mag, and the skill tree, because mistakes here aren't easy to fix, unlike everything else in the game.

For the mag, you want it to have as much of your class's attack score as possible (s-atk for hunter, etc), and nothing else.

For skill trees, check online and on this forum what builds are good before you start spending SPs.

Everything else can be fixed more or less painlessly if you make a mistake there. When in doubt, consult the guide list (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/) on bumped.org.

ZerotakerZX
Jul 17, 2017, 02:34 AM
Most easy way would be joining a team and bombarding them with questions in real time and sticking out with them every now and then. The list of teams is in here http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?231651-PSO2-Team-Directory-update-6-4
There is a lot more actually, but you have to search ingame.

I'll just say this: when leveling up your character, be careful with two things - your mag, and the skill tree, because mistakes here aren't easy to fix, unlike everything else in the game.

For the mag, you want it to have as much of your class's attack score as possible (s-atk for hunter, etc), and nothing else.

For skill trees, check online and on this forum what builds are good before you start spending SPs.

Everything else can be fixed more or less painlessly if you make a mistake there. When in doubt, consult the guide list (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/) on bumped.org.
they not HARD to fix, its just cost a bit of cash. Arks cash. Real munny. But ya, good reason to be careful.

huck
Jul 17, 2017, 06:44 AM
When in doubt, consult the guide list (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/) on bumped.org.

I feel confident in figuring everything out if I could understand the language. Thank you so much for this link. I can't wait to get home to play now. Omg those translations are a god send!

Thank you sir you're a true gentleman and scholar

EDIT:

Looking at the translation I see theres option for a pet. I didn't really know the classes when I created my character so I chose what looked like a standard HUmar from PSO... can they have Pets?

Indignation211
Jul 17, 2017, 07:03 AM
My player is is indignation211. I'd be happy to help you out In-game. I'll be on after work.

As for pets those are exclusive to the Summoner class.

huck
Jul 17, 2017, 07:25 AM
OK cool... I have to sit down for like 30 minutes later today and try not get frustrated making a Sega id for my friend (hate that capchta part ugh). Then we'll be online!

EDIT:

One of my favorite features of PS4 is the ability to play your own music. I want do play some Burning Rangers & PSO1 music instead if the PSO2 music. But when I do you can still hear the PSO2 music underneath it for sine reason instead of being replaced altogether. Anyway to mute the game music?

TehCubey
Jul 17, 2017, 08:23 AM
Pets are a Summoner thing. You can switch classes at any given moment, but you have only one mag so it's good to decide on one, or at least on classes using one attack type.

Calsetes
Jul 17, 2017, 08:37 AM
If you have a few points on your mag in a region you don't want, it's not terribly hard to fix, as much as it is tedious to fix. Basically, once your mag gets above level 101, you can "buy" items that lower one stat by one level on it for 50 excubes each. So, a handful of points isn't bad - say, you're an idiot like me and have two mags and accidentally gave your ranged one a high-rank striking weapon. 50 cubes per point, 1 cube per 10 or 11-star weapon, and you can see how it adds up.

As for the captcha thing, try using the Google Translate draw feature. It helped me out a lot better than trying to hunt down, copy, and paste each kana on a chart. I've noticed they tend to spell words out.

huck
Jul 17, 2017, 09:08 AM
As for the captcha thing, try using the Google Translate draw feature. It helped me out a lot better than trying to hunt down, copy, and paste each kana on a chart. I've noticed they tend to spell words out.

Google translate app on phones? Can you complete the Sega register on mobile?

That does sound easier!

ashley50
Jul 17, 2017, 09:44 AM
Anyway to mute the game music?
Go to Options.

Kiyumi
Jul 17, 2017, 10:01 AM
The music for EP4 stuff is actually pretty good, notably the Tokyo area, and the Yamato Battleship EQ. Dont know why you want to mute the music.

You can buy a jukebox and music for your My Room and change the music in there.

Alenoir
Jul 17, 2017, 10:22 AM
The music for EP4 stuff is actually pretty good, notably the Tokyo area, and the Yamato Battleship EQ. Dont know why you want to mute the music.

You can buy a jukebox and music for your My Room and change the music in there.
Some people just want their own music.

I personally wouldn't mute it because Earth BGMs are great. Vegas is amazing.

Calsetes
Jul 17, 2017, 10:27 AM
Google translate app on phones? Can you complete the Sega register on mobile?

That does sound easier!

Don't know if that has that, but if you open a tab in your browser to translate.google.com there should be an option to do it with the mouse, which then pops up a list to select from.

http://i.imgur.com/sU8bARO.png

huck
Jul 17, 2017, 10:40 AM
Dont know why you want to mute the music.

I have like 1TB of music on my external HD and listening while playing kinda kills two birds with one stone if I'm ever gonna listen to everything.

Some people just want their own music

Yeah..

I see Episode 4&5 mentioned a lot on here. Since I'm really late to the party is there anyway I can play the first episodes I've missed?

Don't know if that has that, but if you open a tab in your browser to translate.google.com there should be an option to do it with the mouse, which then pops up a list to select from.

Will definitely do that!

Alenoir
Jul 17, 2017, 11:16 AM
I see Episode 4&5 mentioned a lot on here. Since I'm really late to the party is there anyway I can play the first episodes I've missed?
All players currently defaults to episode 4, but you can change to the episode 1-3 lobby in login menu. Once episode 5 hits, you can change it in-game.

Since we're on that object, I'm just going to link all the Earth music with vocal.

Tokyo day: Zero-G (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNhPQ-7kPWY) / Night: Realize (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL-lofmaSQQ)
Las Vegas day: Neon Days (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld3PR5lkyYQ) / Night: Neon Nights (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oOcRqZdI0c)
Yamato + Ep4 opening: Borderless (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq8f45Llwag)

Bonus: Hello (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlUV1M_yVI8)

Indignation211
Jul 17, 2017, 12:12 PM
You need to complete the first story quest for episode 4. This will allow you to select episode 1-3 mode when logging in. It's also necessary to unlock new areas after Forest.

Alternatively you can wait a week and a half for episode 5. One of the advertised features is a complete recap of episode 1-3 story, though only the episode 1 portion will be available at launch.

EDIT: you get the story quest after completing Koffies client order for Forest Exploration. When you get a call from Sierra go back to the bridge and proceed through the story boarf.

Calsetes
Jul 17, 2017, 01:12 PM
Just a heads-up, the Episodes 1-3 story aren't handled in the same manner as the Episode 4 story - it uses what they call a "matter board" where it gives you a mob to hunt down for a drop, or requires you to view a specific scene. Once you get the drop or see the scene, though, you don't need to finish the quest you're in - you can abandon and do another one for your next objective.

HOWEVER, for enemy drops that you don't get, but killed some of the enemies for it, you'll want to finish the mission anyway. It won't apply "kill credit" until you finish the mission.

djknitex
Jul 17, 2017, 01:40 PM
Yo let's hang out, I just recently re-started at lvl 43 and would like some people to play with.

huck
Jul 17, 2017, 02:29 PM
Since we're on that object, I'm just going to link all the Earth music with vocal.

Love video game music thanks!

You need to complete the first story quest for episode 4.

A little bit stuck rn can't figure out how to get new missions from kofie. I got my first mag but can't figure out past that

Just a heads-up, the Episodes 1-3 story aren't handled in the same manner as the Episode 4 story - it uses what they call a "matter board" where it gives you a mob to hunt down for a drop, or requires you to view a specific scene.

Sounds cool either way can't wait for episode 5 trying get as much done before the release!

Google translate worked amazingly!!!!!!!! So quick

Yo let's hang out, I just recently re-started at lvl 43 and would like some people to play with.

PSN: huck0928 my mic is broke but I do have a chatpad so I'm fast with texting.

Just wish I didn't have to press L3 to switch to English before every conversation though

Indignation211
Jul 17, 2017, 04:25 PM
Have you already completed the Forest Free Field? If so then it might be time to talk to Xierra on the bridge and progress through the Story Board. Koffie wont give more client orders until you complete chapter 4-1.

Tunga
Jul 17, 2017, 05:01 PM
Learning the ropes is easy. [SPOILER-BOX]http://new3.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/6214147+_349179addb10e3d6e895f856483b7c9e.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Normal post:

Sounds cool either way can't wait for episode 5 trying get as much done before the release!

No need to rush things, just take it slow and learn how the game works. The good gear is stuck at XH level missions anyways.

Great Pan
Jul 17, 2017, 07:06 PM
Be a Hu/Fo. I recommend this, a magikal bigass sword wielder is awesome, just like an anime!

Ether
Jul 17, 2017, 07:44 PM
Be a Hu/Fo. I recommend this, a magikal bigass sword wielder is awesome, just like an anime!

Jokes on you that's exactly what Hero is going to be

Great Pan
Jul 17, 2017, 09:35 PM

But before you can be a Hero, you must master the way of Hu/Fo!

Anduril
Jul 17, 2017, 09:45 PM
On a serious note, I think the best combination of classes to level for Hero for a new player would probably be Hu, Br, and Te since they can all use a Striking mag effectively and can be used in mostly decent combos.

djknitex
Jul 17, 2017, 09:46 PM
PSN: huck0928 my mic is broke but I do have a chatpad so I'm fast with texting.

Just wish I didn't have to press L3 to switch to English before every conversation though

I'm not sure how to add that cause I play from PC but the game is cross-platform, what's your segaid/character name?

SteveCZ
Jul 17, 2017, 10:04 PM

With extra PP recovering water gun.

huck
Jul 17, 2017, 10:36 PM
Have you already completed the Forest Free Field? If so then it might be time to talk to Xierra on the bridge and progress through the Story Board. Koffie wont give more client orders until you complete chapter 4-1.

Yeah I need to figure this part out. I like this new look Forrest but I'm tired of playing it over and over lol

EDIT:. I saw your friend request... I think I accepted it or I might've pit it on blacklist I'm not sure. We'll figure it out

No need to rush things, just take it slow and learn how the game works. The good gear is stuck at XH level missions anyways.

Yeah your right.... I have a friend who gets 703 error when trying to register anybody ever seen that before?

Yeah I want to look like Guts

I'm not sure how to add that cause I play from PC but the game is cross-platform, what's your segaid/character name?

my Character is just Huck

My segaid is either huckpg or huckmoepg

SteveCZ
Jul 17, 2017, 11:07 PM
Yeah I want to look like Guts

Don't take the Hu/Fo advice for real (or any of it) as he's obviously just joking and it's always a joke used in PSO2 (except for Kohri).

Calsetes
Jul 18, 2017, 09:39 AM
On a serious note, I think the best combination of classes to level for Hero for a new player would probably be Hu, Br, and Te since they can all use a Striking mag effectively and can be used in mostly decent combos.

Aren't the only "acceptable" classes that count towards the three requirements for Hero the three "pure" classes? I.E. Hunter and Fighter for a melee class, Ranger and Gunner for a ranged class, and Force and Techer for magic classes? I don't think Braver, Bouncer, and Summoner count towards anything for Hero unlock, but I could be wrong.

As soon as I get caught up with the story, I'm going to use what remaining time I have to try to level another character as a magic class for the Hero unlock - got one who's already a 75/75 Ranger/Hunter. Only thing is I'm not sure if I want to raise them as a Force or a Techer.

Anduril
Jul 18, 2017, 09:59 AM
Aren't the only "acceptable" classes that count towards the three requirements for Hero the three "pure" classes? I.E. Hunter and Fighter for a melee class, Ranger and Gunner for a ranged class, and Force and Techer for magic classes? I don't think Braver, Bouncer, and Summoner count towards anything for Hero unlock, but I could be wrong.

As soon as I get caught up with the story, I'm going to use what remaining time I have to try to level another character as a magic class for the Hero unlock - got one who's already a 75/75 Ranger/Hunter. Only thing is I'm not sure if I want to raise them as a Force or a Techer.

Braver counts for ranged, Bouncer for striking, and Summoner for tech.

Hero Class Unlocking

Hero is Main Class only. You can not set a subclass.
You need to earn 3 Titles for the following:

[*=left]1 Striking Class at Level 75

[*=left]Valid Striking: Hu / Fi / Bo

[*=left]1 Ranged Class at Level 75

[*=left]Valid Ranged: Ra / Gu / Br

[*=left]1 Tech Class at Level 75

[*=left]Valid Tech: Fo / Te / Su

Head to Koffie and clear the CO with the earned Titles.

Source: PSO2 Station #9 Recap (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-9-recap/)

huck
Jul 18, 2017, 09:46 PM
EDIT: you get the story quest after completing Koffies client order for Forest Exploration.

Thanks for the help today! Total life saver

huck
Sep 11, 2017, 11:53 AM

You getting back on?

pooh420
Sep 20, 2017, 04:06 AM
Hey I'm also new to PSO2 but a long time fan of phantasy star. I am on ship 02, in game name is Miss Pooh. Would love to meet some ppl to socialize/play with in game so hit me up anytime. ^^

huck
Sep 26, 2017, 07:50 AM
Hey I'm also new to PSO2 but a long time fan of phantasy star. I am on ship 02, in game name is Miss Pooh. Would love to meet some ppl to socialize/play with in game so hit me up anytime. ^^

Let's team up!