PDA

View Full Version : Does SEGA have plans for new running animation?

KaizoKage
Jul 19, 2017, 08:52 PM
I mean, CASTs have two option: a.) normal running, and b.) booster dash something while the rest of the races has the only single running animation.

SEGA could at least have those ninja running animations or hovering animation as running or better yet, that surfing LA as running animation :v

loafhero
Jul 19, 2017, 09:24 PM
Male and female non-CASTs have different running animations. Male ones look more serious while female ones appear dainty-looking. This is a huge annoyance for people who prefer their female characters to appear more tomboyish.

There's also a small part of the forums that really want Reda's (NPC at the Shop area with the pompadour hair) jogging animation to be an optional new running animation.

ZerotakerZX
Jul 20, 2017, 02:20 AM
Male and female non-CASTs have different running animations. Male ones look more serious while female ones appear dainty-looking. This is a huge annoyance for people who prefer their female characters to appear more tomboyish.

There's also a small part of the forums that really want Reda's (NPC at the Shop area with the pompadour hair) jogging animation to be an optional new running animation.I think female run is not that absurdly girly. But I think there was a mod on mod thread that swap the running animation. Or was in standing animation? Standing animation on females is stupid too anyway.

Tymek
Jul 20, 2017, 05:21 AM
I think female run is not that absurdly girly. But I think there was a mod on mod thread that swap the running animation. Or was in standing animation? Standing animation on females is stupid too anyway.

Both standing and running animations would be swapped out iirc.

lostinseganet
Jul 23, 2017, 04:39 PM
You'd have to get JPN players to harp about. Sega don care bout merica's pain.

NightfallG
Jul 24, 2017, 02:57 AM
There have never been any plans to change or add to basic animations, as far as I know. Haven't even mentioned the possibility of it, despite it being potentially very profitable. Think of basic animation tickets in the scratch or something. Walk types. Run types. Idle types. There is money to be made ignored.

They did mention the possibility of maybe adding a left-handed option at some point in the future though.

Oh well. There's always mods, if you can make due with just swapping male and female animations.

The cynic in me can already see every female walk animation being an exaggerated sexy saunter, run animation being progressively girlier, and idles just being gravure poses. Meanwhile male animations would be clumsy, drunk, silly, etc. we'd never get honestly good animations for anyone.

tfw your good aesthetic design ideas that would literally make shitloads of cash get ignored because 'murica, feels bad :<