PDA

View Full Version : Proper Affix Order

AirinMikune
Jul 22, 2017, 01:37 AM
I know this is a weird question, but there are those certain group of people that would bug you that your affixes were an eyesore because it wasn't arranged the proper way, which begs the question, which is the proper way of doing it?

I am 3 final fodder away from completing my affix so I wanted to make sure it is perfect.

Here is how I will arrange mine:

Anga Soul
Vinculum
Ether Factor
Doom Break
Ability III
Elegant Stamina

Some argue that Ether factor should be first and arranged from highest stat to lowest like:

Ether Factor
Anga Soul
Vinculum
Doom Break
Ability III
Elegant Stamina

So whats your take on it and why?

LancerFate
Jul 22, 2017, 01:49 AM
Em, i think either is fine,i personally don't like only when all 3 units have same affix and all of them are randomly shuffled, but can't remember when i saw it last time so it's pretty rare.

ralf542
Jul 22, 2017, 01:56 AM

Anga Soul
Vinculum
Ether Factor
Doom Break
Ability III
Elegant Stamina

Some argue that Ether factor should be first and arranged from highest stat to lowest like:

Ether Factor
Anga Soul
Vinculum
Doom Break
Ability III
Elegant Stamina

Both triggers me. Soul is ALWAYS 1st.

Something like this?

Anga Soul
Ether Factor
Vinculum
Ability III
Doom Break
Elegant Stamina

Please don't do something like this.
http://i.imgur.com/4qF2UfH.jpg

ArcaneTechs
Jul 22, 2017, 02:02 AM
I know this is a weird question, but there are those certain group of people that would bug you that your affixes were an eyesore because it wasn't arranged the proper way, which begs the question, which is the proper way of doing it?

I am 3 final fodder away from completing my affix so I wanted to make sure it is perfect.

Anga Soul
Vinculum
Ether Factor
Doom Break
Ability III
Elegant Stamina

Ether Factor
Anga Soul
Vinculum
Doom Break
Ability III
Elegant Stamina

honestly the first one is fine, the ocd kicks in on the second one

if you wanted:
Anga Soul
Vinculum
Ability 3
Doom Break
Ether Factor
Elegant Stamina

I'd swap Anga with App Soul though but thats just me

realistically none of it matters, let people get upset, it doesnt effect your stats

final_attack
Jul 22, 2017, 02:09 AM

Anga Soul
Vinculum
Ether Factor
Doom Break
Ability III
Elegant Stamina

Ether Factor
Anga Soul
Vinculum
Doom Break
Ability III
Elegant Stamina

Between the 2 option ..... maybe the 2nd.

Though I personally would prefer longest -> shortest name order in-game (don't know if the length can be different in JP or EN). Just kind of pleasing to see it.

Well, shouldn't matter on which order you should choose of course. As long as all the stat you want is in there.

Rayden
Jul 22, 2017, 04:10 AM
Souls always go first. Boost items always go last.

Ether
Jul 22, 2017, 04:31 AM
My order
SAF
Boost Item
Factor
Soul
Ability III
Stat Boosts
Fever/Smile

KazukiQZ
Jul 22, 2017, 04:31 AM
lol

But in the end, it depends on your preference, on what you think looks the best. Recently I've made some Qliphad weapons, and I think I've finally found my favorite arrangement for affix xD

It goes something like this:

Astral Soul
Power VI
Elegant Power
Sentence Triple
Ether Factor
Flict Arma

When it's in the display box, it'll show up like this:
http://puu.sh/wQ4nz/29a182511b.jpg

ralf542
Jul 22, 2017, 05:00 AM
My order
SAF
Boost Item
Factor
Soul
Ability III
Stat Boosts
Fever/Smile
https://media.giphy.com/media/vk7VesvyZEwuI/giphy.gif

TehCubey
Jul 22, 2017, 06:20 AM
This thread makes me want to arrange my affixes in a random order, different for each unit. I also have a 199 atk + 1 dex mag (and no intention of fixing it), but other people can't see that so it's just for me to appreciate.

AirinMikune
Jul 22, 2017, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the input, I know it would be an eyesore to some people but you guys does have a valid point.

I, myself, always think soul should go first at it gives a brief explanation of your unit affixes at a glance.

Vol Soul? Satk, outdated affix
Bayari? Satk focused decent affix
Apprentice - all out attack, paired with Mod, you know the player means business.

Kinda not sure if ether factor should be first at it gives the information that your affixes means business, kinda like astral.

There is also that way the player will see your affixes as per that screenshot.

Three on right, three on left.

Anga Soul
Ether Factor
Vinculum
Ability III
Doom Break
Elegant Stamina

Is looking a bit good, all first letter spells A EVADE haha, yeah better evade me cuz imma whoop you real bad O3O

I am thinking Abi III should be below doom break though

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 22, 2017, 07:54 AM
this thread makes me want to just start mixing all the affix orders now

KazukiQZ
Jul 22, 2017, 08:37 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ZXsQAXx_ao0/maxresdefault.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
xD

ZerotakerZX
Jul 22, 2017, 08:40 AM
And I thought my thread about LGBT was silly.

Masu
Jul 22, 2017, 11:15 AM
Apprentice - all out attack, paired with Mod, you know the player means business.

... *speechless*

this thread makes me want to just start mixing all the affix orders now

:lol:

Asellus
Jul 22, 2017, 01:53 PM
Proper affix order is the order that's appealing to you.

Alenoir
Jul 23, 2017, 07:22 PM

Please don't run 5 PP affixes. There is a reason why 3 PP > 5 ATK, especially if this is a weapon. You get more excuses if you're doing units though.

Anyways, I personally do:

Soul
Factor
ATK Up
Stats Up
Special affixes (Flict, Mod, Sentence, Fever, etc.)
Doom
Booster

For the most part, anyways. Sometimes I forget and some stuffs gets shuffled, but Soul/Factor/ATKStats/x/Booster always. Though it doesn't really matter as long as I don't get to see your affix order.

pika2525
Jul 25, 2017, 02:36 PM
Hey look I'm actually posting here after almost a year of being a member.

Normally what I'll do is:

Soul
Booster
Special Affixes and ATK SAFs, ordered by ATK + other stats

Ether Factor
Mod
Sentence Triple
Sentence ATK
Flict/Arma
Yamato/Mother/Deus Factor
Vinculum
Doom Break
Mutation II
Ability III
Stigma

ATK Stats (Power V etc)
Auxiliary Stats (Spirita/Stamina/Resist)
Phrase SAF

Enforcer MKV
Jul 25, 2017, 02:50 PM
It's all completely irrelevant.

I'd be more likely to go 'out of order' to troll people who I know care more about that stuff, if I still played.

Tunga
Jul 25, 2017, 05:03 PM
It's all completely irrelevant.

At the end of the day (or your meseta) the stats will remain the same.

AirinMikune
Jul 25, 2017, 06:31 PM
I think the order has an effect, I think a slight one.

When I am making a 4/4 party for the rematch, I tend to look at the equips so I quickly glance at their equips and it helps if all the most useful affix is on the top and the bottom, I guess there is a reason lots of people prefer top being soul (was the affix with the most effect back then) and last is the booster.

Elder Soul
XXX
XXX
XXX
XXX
Spirita Boost

Will quickly tell me the char is a glass cannon, if the Spirita boost was a stamina, then I should char will be on the tanky side.

This equip checking is like a 1-2 sec quick glance at their equips so a proper order really helps.

Either that or I just have OCD -.-

Altiea
Jul 25, 2017, 06:40 PM
I like Soul on top, unless it's like, Ether Factor, in which case it's Ether Factor on top, then Soul second. Other than Support Item Abilities like Noble or Elegant being last, I could care less where the rest of the affixes go.

As for other players affixes, I don't really care about the order. It's all the same to me anyway.

Mattykins
Jul 25, 2017, 06:40 PM
The fact that this is as big a deal as it is is all the proof I need that God has abandoned us.

AirinMikune
Jul 25, 2017, 06:55 PM
You are making a big deal of affix order being a big deal -.-

It's more of a convenience showing the most important affix in a glance.

For example, date:

2017 26 July vs July 26 2017

Same goes with name: Last, First Middle

Order makes sure the most relevant information is seen.

Reilet
Jul 25, 2017, 06:58 PM
Bask in modern art.

http://i.imgur.com/VBSrfo3.png

Vatallus
Jul 25, 2017, 07:05 PM
As long as Soul is first and Boost is last I don't care.

AirinMikune
Jul 25, 2017, 08:58 PM
That modern art...

Stare at it for 3-5 sec and try to give a rough estimate of the stats this character have and it tells you how a proper affix order is important.

I tried, gave me a headache.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 25, 2017, 09:24 PM
Bask in modern art.

http://i.imgur.com/VBSrfo3.png
not even Astral Soul
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/016/289/Anime_More_like_belongs_in__4760c4ac73fc2ce9bb68d8 8c4e6f01cd.png

Pyrei
Jul 25, 2017, 09:42 PM
That modern art...

Stare at it for 3-5 sec and try to give a rough estimate of the stats this character have and it tells you how a proper affix order is important.

160satk/40hp/13pp

its not that hard lol...

on side note I've run into people trash talking other players with good gear for affix order, seriously? its not that big of a deal. :-?

Kondibon
Jul 25, 2017, 09:47 PM
That modern art...

I tried, gave me a headache.Or you can switch to the tab that shows the total stats.

Mattykins
Jul 25, 2017, 09:52 PM
That modern art...

Is this even for real? lol

KazukiQZ
Jul 25, 2017, 09:57 PM
160satk/40hp/13pp

its not that hard lol...

on side note I've run into people trash talking other players with good gear for affix order, seriously? its not that big of a deal. :-?

Yea, affix order is just a side thing to do, for us to have abit of fun when we're doing the affixing, sorting to whatever suits the players themselves. To hell for those that say their affix order is the absolute correct lol

Reilet
Jul 25, 2017, 10:01 PM
not even Astral Soul

Fine.

Big image

http://i.imgur.com/VTSRGMZh.jpg

Newblood
Aug 4, 2017, 08:56 AM
I registered just to say that yall have OCD.