PDA

View Full Version : Why Hero needs huge balance!

sesiom000
Aug 1, 2017, 09:49 AM
After seeing the results of hero launch i started to think that i needed to share my opinion on why i think this class will affect the game big time from now on...
So as everyone saw SEGA released they're 1st "Advanced Class" and the results are so broken its funny.
Apparently Sega sees the Hero class pretty balanced compared to the old ones and they said it doesn't need nerf because its meant to be like that...
After i saw these videos i just laughed at how bad SEGA can be at balancing the game...

Profound Darkness with Hero:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_FXpOQqxlY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8ZNBRMYP5A

Phaleg with Hero:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U1oaykA29A

This isnt balanced, this is clearly the most broken class ever on PSO2 history hell shunkan damage compared to this is a joke...
Why is this class so horribly balanced?
And im not the only one that thinks like this...
Iīve been speaking with people that are using Hero and they say the class is clearly way Overpowered compared to the others and needs huge adjustments...
Not only is the damage 10x stronger than any other but the I-Frames and maneuverability are so high compared to the others u will rarely die...
Plus its the only class that has infinite PP cheat on it.
Everyone will just abuse of the class from now on, no one will want to play with the old classes anymore, just look at how it was when shunkan was released and you will know what im talking about.
SEGA just destroyed the balanced of the game with this GOD MODE Hero class in efforts to make the game so casual even a noob player can deal cheat damage to enemies.
Who need hunters when you can slash the enemy 10x times faster and deal 10x more times the damage?
Who needs gunners when you can use TMG like a minigun dealing 10k damage per milisecond with infinite PP and god tier evade?
Who needs forces when you can just spam the same PA and deal 35k damage per second infinitely?
Who needs the old classes anyway?
And this is only in the 1st week, imagine how will it be when people get better weapons and experience with the Hero...

Hero needs balancing fast and SEGA needs to stop trying to sell the game using broken class as bait!

Sizustar
Aug 1, 2017, 09:52 AM
Not really.

ralf542
Aug 1, 2017, 09:57 AM
Why is this class so horribly balanced?

Because now every casul can do high damage. They will fix EPPR field(damn sega) but thank god they don't touch the fast normal attack macro. R/Automate Halfline/Midline/Deadline is all what Hero needs.

NightfallG
Aug 1, 2017, 09:58 AM
Top end gear gets top end results. QQ?

PS: They got rid of the infinite PP thing, so your "cheat mode" complaint makes no sense.

Gwyndolin
Aug 1, 2017, 10:00 AM
Evidently, Sega doesn't feel the same way you do, except for regards to that EPPR bug. So, boo hoo.

sesiom000
Aug 1, 2017, 10:03 AM
Clearly the posts on top didn't see the videos i posted.
See phaleg video and tell me if thatīs balanced.

NightfallG
Aug 1, 2017, 10:04 AM
I saw your videos. People have been cheesing Phaleg with GU for a while now, but you're not complaining about that.

Again, top end gear, top end results. Go do that solo PD run with a basic affix and like ~150PP and then I'll believe you.

Rayden
Aug 1, 2017, 10:06 AM
the I-Frames and maneuverability are so high compared to the others u will rarely die...

Step has much less I-frames than what most other classes have (Just Guard, S Roll, Deadly Circle, Gran Wave, etc.). You can even get hit after successfully Stepping and before the Counter.

AmanoMai
Aug 1, 2017, 10:06 AM
Clearly the posts on top didn't see the videos i posted.
See phaleg video and tell me if thatīs balanced.

FoTe phaleg 46 seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnTFAkLGytU

NightfallG
Aug 1, 2017, 10:08 AM
FoTe phaleg 46 seconds

I wonder how the op is gonna wiggle out of this one to continue being the fun police.

Anduril
Aug 1, 2017, 10:09 AM
The main reason Hero seems so imbalanced is because the requirements for unlocking it were released so far ahead that it allowed a lot of people to unlock it immediately; the reason why SEGA says it is working as intended is because in their eyes it is a class that you can only use after you have worked for it, thus the large power boost is a reward for having leveled up multiple classes to lv75. Obviously, this isn't the case thanks to the current slew of boosts we've had thanks to the WEB Panel event, but in theory, it should hold true for players who start after this point.

ZerotakerZX
Aug 1, 2017, 10:14 AM
I think it's OP myself. Just do some MPAs with overparse on and you'll see that average damage is somewhat higher than normal. And I don't even use that xpert thingie matching option anymore.
Videos like this are poor judgment since hardcore asians can perform crazy numbers with any gear and class.

Xaelouse
Aug 1, 2017, 10:18 AM
I don't care too much about it being one of the strongest classes as long as they do something with the other classes they gutted or left behind.

But damn is it casual as hell. No automate but has some of the most braindead PAs ever, some full of i-frames and guard frames and still some of the top DPS options

sesiom000
Aug 1, 2017, 10:21 AM
Ok then im the stupid guy here who thinks Hero is OP and my videos have high gear players ok...

What about killing phaleg at lvl 39 without complete skill tree and status bonuses???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3hTrtnDGq0

Do that with another class AS EASY as this and we will speak...

NightfallG
Aug 1, 2017, 10:23 AM
I just see you sharing video after video of people who've been either making high end gear or practicing or both. If it's so super simple, go make a vid.

Evangelion X.XX
Aug 1, 2017, 10:27 AM
I don't think Hr is hella OP, but definitely upper tier and "easy mode" (especially with TMGs) ; when I play it, I feel like I don't have to do as much work as other classes (such as worrying about positioning/set-ups) in order to reap the rewards.

Sizustar
Aug 1, 2017, 10:28 AM
FoTe phaleg 46 seconds

Fi/Hu phaleg 39 second
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31651516

Ether
Aug 1, 2017, 10:30 AM
I agree with OP, Hero is pretty braindead simple. I beat Phaleg my second try, Bounds of Corruption 6-10 my first try and Solo PD my first try. Even if they aren't the strongest class, other classes usually have to get ideal situations, Hero can just fly around and deal damage safely from a distance and never stop dealing damage.

The two things that stand out to me the most are the instant 25 PP from doing the timed reload on TMGs, which allows you to spam certain PAs forever. It feels like overkill when the timed reload already has better than orbit regen. The other thing is Dive Bullet only costing 5 PP on talis, despite doing decent damage and letting you stay safely away from most enemies, in the air, while circle strafing around them. Most enemies simply can't deal with that, and raising the PP cost on it would at least make you stop once in a while to give them a chance.

sesiom000
Aug 1, 2017, 10:38 AM
Fi/Hu phaleg 39 second
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31651516

The difference is pretty big between anyone can do it with Hero, and few can do with FI/HU.

The big Question here is everyone can do it with Hero super easy:
Lvl 33
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVd0RI2gu_o
Lvl 40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zHn-v-mZLQ
Lvl 45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBrgaWw89ac

Any casual can do it with Hero THATS the problem...

Sizustar
Aug 1, 2017, 10:41 AM
The difference is pretty big between anyone can do it with Hero, and few can do with FI/HU.

Lvl 33
Lvl 40
Lvl 45

Except, you seem to forget the requirement for a player to become a hero?
So a "Casual" player can't just become a hero, they have to meet the requirement first~

And if any casual can do it, please post a video of yourself doing it, instead of other player~

NightfallG
Aug 1, 2017, 10:42 AM
So a "Casual" player can't just become a hero, they have to meet the requirement first~

And if any casual can do it, please post a video of yourself doing it, instead of other player~

Ding ding ding, exactly.

Kiboune
Aug 1, 2017, 10:46 AM

Lvl 33
Lvl 40
Lvl 45

Watched lvl 33 video and all i can say what not "any casual" have the same weapons and units for such damage.

sesiom000
Aug 1, 2017, 10:48 AM

Anyone can lvl up to 75 3 classes in 3 days with week boosts my team mates done that and they casually play the game.
And im not a casual player such as you, so posting a video of myself is not going to solve the matter of even casuals can do it...
Besides the class deals tons more damage per second as any other class and as better pp recovery, I-Frames and speed as any other class, and can buff and heal himself...
Whats the Cons on this Class then?

NightfallG
Aug 1, 2017, 10:51 AM
"And im not a casual player such as you, so posting a video of myself is not going to solve the matter of even casuals can do it..."

lmao

So it's so easy anyone can do it, people ask you to do it to prove that, you won't do it.

Don't play a dick measuring game if you don't want yours measured.

Sizustar
Aug 1, 2017, 10:54 AM
Anyone can lvl up to 75 3 classes in 3 days with week boosts my team mates done that and they casually play the game.
And im not a casual player such as you, so posting a video of myself is not going to solve the matter of even casuals can do it...
Besides the class deals tons more damage per second as any other class and as better pp recovery, I-Frames and speed as any other class, and can buff and heal himself...
Whats the Cons on this Class then?

It doesn't deal as high damage as other class combo, I-frame is shorter then other class, and speed, unless you mean able to move and attack, but other class can do it.

So you sound like as if you are basing it off those top player video, and haven't played it yourself at all?

And is it necessary for you to make your own topic?
When there's already two topic for discussing Hero?
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?237269-New-Class-for-Ep-5-HERO-class-(discuss-and-thoughts)
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?237265-Hero-Class-Discussion

AmanoMai
Aug 1, 2017, 10:54 AM

whether it's a "problem" or not, that's up to opinion, no?

i don't see the harm in casual being able to do good damage. In fact, as long as people are contributing to the mpa, it's fine?
not everyone have time and effort to invest in a game, but i like it that there are options for both hardcore and casuals to do similar contribution. everyone can enjoy.

Ofcourse, you can say that it's unfair for hardcore because hardcore has to beat casuals by a huge margin to justfify their effort, but then again, that is just one way to look at things.

sesiom000
Aug 1, 2017, 10:58 AM
I like how i know everyone is playing Hero right now because of the huge backlash i knew i would receive for telling the obvious of Hero being OP and unbalanced...
Saying that the class is supposed to deal high damage wont change the fact that it breaks the game so much that no one is playing with other classes anymore...

In FFXIV you play as a DPS, Tanker or Healer and you need to have skill...

In PSO2 there is a class that does all of the above better with no effort solo....

Get a grip...

Sizustar
Aug 1, 2017, 10:59 AM
whether it's a "problem" or not, that's up to opinion, no?

i don't see the harm in casual being able to do good damage. In fact, as long as people are contributing to the mpa, it's fine?
not everyone have time and effort to invest in a game, but i like it that there are options for both hardcore and casuals to do similar contribution. everyone can enjoy.

Ofcourse, you can say that it's unfair for hardcore because hardcore has to beat casuals by a huge margin to justfify their effort, but then again, that is just one way to look at things.

As stated in the PSO2 Osaka Ark Live, Hero is meant to be able to deal pretty consistant damage in the hand of a expert and normal player,
So they have no plan to do any nerfing of Hero, except the PP recovery ring.

I like how i know everyone is playing Hero right now because of the huge backlash i knew i would receive for telling the obvious of Hero being OP and unbalanced...
Saying that the class is supposed to deal high damage wont change the fact that it breaks the game so much that no one is playing with other classes anymore...

Umm...Not at all, it's the new class, so everyone will try it out.
or did you forgot Summoner, and when Maron and Melon was introduced and all Summoner become bomberman?

NightfallG
Aug 1, 2017, 11:02 AM
So are you going to make a vid of you killing Phaleg at like level 20 or whatever to prove your point or are you too "hardcore" to be "concerned with filthy casuls"

final_attack
Aug 1, 2017, 11:03 AM
@OP
Survival isn't that good if people not used to step tho.
Not everyone can be good at dodging like those on vids, even if they tried.

Also, some people just don't have the experience at step because class leveling in PSO2 can be done without actually playing the class, like, leveling Hu as sub with BonusQuests only .... Or simply not that good at it (at least I'm still not so good at stepping), there are also JG or SRoll which much easier to do than step.

Took damage after you managed to get counter step then stagger might cost you with death (well, 1 crutch from HeroWill if you took it) ....
And, it'll punish you pretty harsh for failed evade too (that 60% HeroTime) .....

Having to Lv75 for at least 3 classes should indeed give some kind of reward ..... sure, the class is strong, even with 1 weapon type, since it must give some type of "progression" after the time and work they put for leveling other classes ..... but, to maximize Hero and constantly get things like HeroTime mid-fight, people need to switch weapons, so the class still give rewards for better players that can play multiple type of weapons and good at evade-counter.

I still think Hero just fine as it is, it might give players incentive to try learn other weapon types if they find playing Hero is fun. .... while still giving better players more advantage.

sesiom000
Aug 1, 2017, 11:04 AM
As stated in the PSO2 Osaka Ark Live, Hero is meant to be able to deal pretty consistant damage in the hand of a expert and normal player,
So they have no plan to do any nerfing of Hero, except the PP recovery ring.

Umm...Not at all, it's the new class, so everyone will try it out.
or did you forgot Summoner, and when Maron and Melon was introduced and all Summoner become bomberman?

Why did they nerf Maron this last patch then???
Why SU deserves nerf and Hero doesn't???
Why did chain get nerfed only TMG???
Why WB got nerfed????

Dont try to be correct, u just make yourself look bad,when u dont even know whats going on on this game...

Edit: So its okay to nerf the crap out of other classes but dont touch mr Hero because everyone is using it?

LOL...(Facepalm)

NightfallG
Aug 1, 2017, 11:07 AM
If you think Hero is on the same level as 999999 damage pillows you need to get your head checked.

Also let's not act like you wouldn't have taken umbrage if they hadn't of done those nerfs.

sesiom000
Aug 1, 2017, 11:09 AM
If you think Hero is on the same level as 999999 damage pillows you need to get your head checked.

Also let's not act like you wouldn't have taken umbrage if they hadn't of done those nerfs.

Doesnt change the fact that SU got nerfed, and u guys dont want nerf on a character thats clearly the most OP class on this game.
Double Standards...

NightfallG
"clearly the most OP class on this game[citation needed]"

Still waiting on your lv20 flawless Phaleg run. You're hardcore, so it shouldn't be a problem. :^)

Sizustar
Why WB got nerfed????

Dont try to be correct, u just make yourself look bad,when u dont even know whats going on on this game...

Edit: So its okay to nerf the crap out of other classes but dont touch mr Hero because everyone is using it?

LOL...(Facepalm)

Everyone else can become those other class in the beginning, no one can become a h ero in the beginning.

And balance and nerf is a part of any MMORPG, so asking why it happens, is a rather silly question.

And the simple answer to why those change occured, is because they don't fit the idea that the game developer have planned, so they tweak the game to make it closer to what they envision on how they want player to play the specific job and class.

AmanoMai
Aug 1, 2017, 11:10 AM
Why WB got nerfed????

WB nerf technically affects everyone in a mpa, including Hero.
And at the same time, it affects no one because any content of importance have had WB jamming since forever.

Lets not be quick to flame someone as "don't even know what's going on" when you bring in flawed arguments yourself

sesiom000
Aug 1, 2017, 11:12 AM
"clearly the most OP class on this game[citation needed]"

Yea i forgot Hu was the most OP class..(sarcasm)

NightfallG
Aug 1, 2017, 11:13 AM
Now we're talking about Hunter? I thought we were talking about Hero. Stick to the subject. :^)

Alenoir
Aug 1, 2017, 11:14 AM
Why WB got nerfed????

LOL...(Facepalm)

Because subclass happened.

Just by themselves they are fine. Group a high multiplier with a high multiplier and you get game breaking stuffs. The nerfs are in place to limit the high multiplier x high multiplier thing we've been abusing since Magatsu first came out. Never forget the reason why we're limited to 4 runs per Magatsu. Unless that's casual enough for you to forget.

sesiom000
Aug 1, 2017, 11:17 AM
And the simple answer to why those change occured, is because they don't fit the idea that the game developer have planned, so they tweak the game to make it closer to what they envision on how they want player to play the specific job and class.

SEGA envision is make old classes obsolete to make everyone come back to episode 5 and sell the new product like every other game, its basic marketing.

WB nerf technically affects everyone in a mpa, including Hero.

Then why cant they make WB ranger only?
And btw ranger without WB is trash and u cant even deal decent damage without WB, so it affects more the ranger than Hero.
Try to solo Phaleg with ranger without WB and tell me if its easier than Hero without WB...

arokidaaron
Aug 1, 2017, 11:17 AM
Show's video's of dedicated hardcore players clearing content easily

Of course they look OP that way silly, they're in the hands of people who're dedicated on clearing content faster than any normal player. I'd like to see a video of someone who has never done any of those content you have posted, especially those who're new to the game :)

Sizustar
Aug 1, 2017, 11:18 AM
SEGA envision is make old classes obsolete to make everyone come back to episode 5 and sell the new product like every other game, its basic marketing.

Then why cant they make WB ranger only?
And btw ranger without WB is trash and u cant even deal decent damage without WB, so it affects more the ranger than Hero.
Try to solo Phaleg with ranger without WB and tell me if its easier than Hero without WB...

And you keep on forgetting that Hero is the first Advanced class, so it's expected to be stronger then the current job combo, except it's not, Fi/Hu out damages it, same with Gu/Fi, Fo/Te is stronger now due to alot of the tech buff, along with Mirage dash, it's still one of the most safer class to play compared to Hr.

Making WB ranger only, is a rather stupid decision for a MultiPLAYER game, don't you think?

arokidaaron
Aug 1, 2017, 11:19 AM
And you keep on forgetting that Hero is the first Advanced class, so it's expected to be stronger then the current job combo, except it's not, Fi/Hu out damages it, same with Gu/Fi, Fo/Te is stronger now due to alot of the tech buff, along with Mirage dash, it's still one of the most safer class to play compared to Hr.

This. I'd rather think of it as an ADVANCED CLASS, a class that does something better than it's normal counterpart, even if it's plain stupid.

Sizustar
Aug 1, 2017, 11:20 AM
This. I'd rather think of it as an ADVANCED CLASS, a class that does something better than it's normal counterpart, even if it's plain stupid.

They have another advanced class planned too, but it's probabely going to be next episode.

sesiom000
Aug 1, 2017, 11:20 AM
Because subclass happened.

Just by themselves they are fine. Group a high multiplier with a high multiplier and you get game breaking stuffs. The nerfs are in place to limit the high multiplier x high multiplier thing we've been abusing since Magatsu first came out. Never forget the reason why we're limited to 4 runs per Magatsu. Unless that's casual enough for you to forget.

You can kill phaleg with a lvl 39 Hero, thatīs less 121 levels less counting main and sub class of other class...
Clearly the sub class doesnīt even add anything to this topic cause hero can do it without sub without those multipliers on place and full skill tree...

NightfallG
Aug 1, 2017, 11:21 AM
"guys if ranger, a support class, can't kill phaleg on its own but hero, a damage class, can that's not fair!!!"

So hardcore.

PS: Ranger is still a huge boost to any EQ MPA. You know, content that people give a shit about.

PPS: Hero requires a combined 225 levels to unlock, 75 more to get to baseline, ~21 cubes to unlock 80, and then 5 more levels to get there. So if this is about levels, stfu lmao

Sizustar
Aug 1, 2017, 11:22 AM
You can kill phaleg with a lvl 39 Hero, thatīs less 121 levels less counting main and sub class of other class...
Clearly the sub class doesnīt even add anything to this topic cause hero can do it without sub without those multipliers on place and full skill tree...

You're bring top player into this discussion again, the same kind of top player that can beat phaleg with a 1* ungrinded weapon, and you keep on using those example, of top player, and no evidence of casual player.

sesiom000
Aug 1, 2017, 11:22 AM
Making WB ranger only, is a rather stupid decision for a MultiPLAYER game, don't you think?

What Multiplayer???
An Hero soloing an EQ EASILY when there needs to be 12 players?????

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 1, 2017, 11:23 AM
considering you can use 13* at that level on Hr.....to try to compare them is a bit.......skew?

NightfallG
What Multiplayer???

Go solo PD with Hero at ~150PP, and we will take you seriously.

Alenoir

You can do a lot of things at Lv39 if you know how to play the game. Cause you know what, unlike hotkey button smashing MMORPGs, this game uses an action system. You don't die as long as you can dodge.

If only the Lv39 video you linked offed her in 45 seconds, than you may have a point.

arokidaaron
Aug 1, 2017, 11:25 AM
Honestly this thread should be locked, this is leading nowhere fruitful when the OP is comparing a level 30 player using TOP TIER *13 weapons, on a phaleg fight lmfao.

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 1, 2017, 11:25 AM
I STILL can't beat solo PD even on Hero but I'm still learning the in's and out's of the class so I don't feel to have Hero is to beat all....

I have gotten the hang of countering on Hr more the time I've practiced.

<<<<< Casual player

lol

sesiom000
Aug 1, 2017, 11:26 AM
What Multiplayer???

Edit:

You're bring top player into this discussion again, the same kind of top player that can beat phaleg with a 1* ungrinded weapon, and you keep on using those example, of top player, and no evidence of casual player.

A top player is someone that knows the class in and out, YOU DONT make a top player in 3 days of the class being released...
A top player is a ESPORTS korean players for example, or CS GO players that play the same thing over and over again and gain experience with the classes weapons etc...
If that happens its because its not a top player its because its a Casual God Class...

NightfallG
Aug 1, 2017, 11:27 AM
>pso2
>compared to esports

w e w what the fuck is going on in that head of yours man

Honestly this thread should be locked, this is leading nowhere fruitful when the OP is comparing a level 30 player using TOP TIER *13 weapons, on a phaleg fight lmfao.

It should be locked and archived as an example of every dick measuring tryhard who talks shit but never demonstrates because let's be real, they can't do what they say they can do.

Alenoir
Aug 1, 2017, 11:28 AM
Edit:

A top player is someone that knows the class in and out, YOU DONT make a top player in 3 days of the class being released...
A top player is a ESPORTS korean players for example, or CS GO players that play the same thing over and over again and gain experience with the classes weapons etc...
If that happens its because its not a top player its because its a Casual God Class...

There isn't that much to learn to heroes. Knowing when to dodge (and counter) and how to use PAs is about it. A good chunk of hero's DPS comes from countering, which relies on you dodging. So learn to dodge more.

sesiom000
Aug 1, 2017, 11:29 AM
>pso2
>compared to esports

w e w what the fuck is going on in that head of yours man

Im not comparing PSO2 im explaining top players, dont try to make out of context situations...

Edit:

It should be locked and archived as an example of every dick measuring tryhard who talks shit but never demonstrates because let's be real, they can't do what they say they can do.

You should be banned for profanity then...

Golgotha
Aug 1, 2017, 11:29 AM
It was already confirmed that its intended to be easier (not more powerful than other classes) to play for obvious reasons.
This is "okay" in a sense that there is no direct speedrun competition, they have shifted arks battle to battle arena. Any significant challenge in the game gets titles and rewards corresponding to the class that was used to clear the challenge, so that's fine too.
They're not going to do anything with hero, your best hope would be in skills they're going to add to existing classes.

arokidaaron
Aug 1, 2017, 11:31 AM
Hero has the basics of alot of classes in PSO2, with just an addition of some new stuff. We also got lots of previews for months making people understand how Hero works, and let's be real, there are just those people who learn stuff quite fast compared to a normal person.

Alenoir
Aug 1, 2017, 11:32 AM
Hero has the basics of alot of classes in PSO2, with just an addition of some new stuff. We also got lots of previews for months making people understand how Hero works.

It's literally all classes (minus summoner) mixed into one class, to be honest. I like to do the step JA into aura blast combo to hit ranged stuff, which is just pretty much what I was doing with photon blades on BO.

Edit: Hey OP, I know how you're all heated up about how your classes are nerfed to hell or something. Complaining on here and getting people to agree with you won't do anything. Complain here. (http://pso2.jp/players/support/inquiry/?mode=opinion) They are the only one that can do anything about it.

sesiom000
Aug 1, 2017, 11:35 AM
I cant believe how much backlash im receiving just for saying that the class is OP on a videogame compared to other very hard to play classes...
For moments i thought i was on a SJW forum or something.

Edit: Its only a matter of time for the lobbies being full of Hero and the others classes get dropped we all know that.
Online communities always use the Easiest and strongest classes in any online game.
So its only a matter of time that SEGA will be forced to balance Hero.

Sizustar
Aug 1, 2017, 11:36 AM
I cant believe how much backlash im receiving just for saying that the class is OP on a videogame compared to other very hard to play classes...
For moments i thought i was on a SJW forum or something.

NightfallG
Aug 1, 2017, 11:37 AM
Still waiting on your Level 20 Phaleg run btw

Alenoir
Aug 1, 2017, 11:39 AM
So, are you going to complain to SEGA to raise awareness that you think hero is overpowered?

No?

Is this just all trying to get people to agree with you?

sesiom000
Aug 1, 2017, 11:40 AM
Still waiting on your Level 20 Phaleg run btw

Im still waiting for Hero nerf...

Selphea
Aug 1, 2017, 11:41 AM
I don't strictly think Hero needs "huge" balance but some balance.The argument that "because this class has more prereqs, it deserves to be more powerful" doesn't really work in this situation. In principle it can work, except right now there's 9 base classes and one advanced class with more than a year before the next one. If there were 9 advanced classes introduced at the same time and balanced against each other so that we have some semblance of diversity, that'd be fine. But there's only one advanced class, and it plays in a certain way which doesn't appeal to everyone.

On the other hand some playstyles straight up cannot keep up with Hero. Jet Boots Bouncer has needed help for ages. Bow Braver just got gutted hard. Techer had every boss killing option: Banish, Maron, Compounds, nerfed. Are those players supposed to shut up and play Hero? What's more likely is they quit and move on, Sega gets less money and we wonder why content takes even longer than before while being even more halfassed than before.

NightfallG
Aug 1, 2017, 11:41 AM

If you can't do it, it's okay, at least you know you're hardcore in your heart.

Sizustar
Aug 1, 2017, 11:42 AM

And the PSO2 team already stated that there will be no Hero nerf coming during the Ark Live at the PSO2 Osaka Thank Festa a few day ago.
The only "nerf" that's happening is the PP recovery ring, which they didn't test for some reason~

I don't strictly think Hero needs "huge" balance but some balance. I think the argument that "because this class has more prereqs, it deserves to be more powerful" doesn't really work in this situation. In principle it can work, except right now there's 9 base classes and one advanced class with more than a year before the next one. If there were 9 advanced classes introduced at the same time and balanced against each other so that we have some semblance of diversity, that'd be fine. But there's only one advanced class, and it plays in a certain way which doesn't appeal to everyone.

On the other hand some playstyles straight up cannot keep up with Hero. Jet Boots Bouncer has needed help for ages. Bow Braver just got gutted hard. Techer had every boss killing option: Banish, Maron, Compounds, nerfed. Are those players supposed to shut up and play Hero? What's more likely is they quit and move on, Sega gets less money and we wonder why content takes even longer than before while being even more halfassed than before.

PSO2 has and still is one of Sega's top performing serie, as you can see by the event have been growing more extravgent with each year, now having yearly tournament in different in japans.

And as stated in Bumped and my Osaka Thank festa topic, sega has plan to tweak existing class, and their current priority is Te Buff, but knowing PSO2 team...

sesiom000
Aug 1, 2017, 11:42 AM
So, are you going to complain to SEGA to raise awareness that you think hero is overpowered?

No?

Is this just all trying to get people to agree with you?

Its for people to see that the game is currently unbalanced, just as the time when everyone was using shunkan and whoever voiced an opinion against it was flammed just for later on them to be correct.

Alenoir
Aug 1, 2017, 11:47 AM
Its for people to see that the game is currently unbalanced, just as the time when everyone was using shunkan and whoever voiced an opinion against it was flammed just for later on them to be correct.

You got so worked up over the entire issue though. Just agree to disagree and drop it and share your opinion with people that do agree, instead of making a huge issue over the thing here. That doesn't leave a good feeling for everyone involved unless it's someone like me that doesn't really care either ways.

Anduril
Aug 1, 2017, 11:47 AM
If there were 9 advanced classes introduced at the same time and balanced against each other so that we have some semblance of diversity, that'd be fine. But there's only one advanced class, and it plays in a certain way which doesn't appeal to everyone.
I agree, or even if they just released 3 advanced classes at once like they did with PSU's master types; maybe to fit the fantasy thing they were going with, have it be something like Hero (as it is, but scaling back the range it has; requires Hu/Gu/Te), Rogue (maybe something like Twin Daggers (as a partially throwing weapon), Bow, and modified Pets; requires Fi/Br/Su), and Mage (Rods with specific Tech behavior, and Dual Blades and Launcher as casting weapons with a convert skill; requires Bo/Ra/Fo).
The real balance killer in the game is the slow drip of one new class per episode, and those classes being the ones that SEGA focuses on while letting everything else just idle.

Selphea
Aug 1, 2017, 11:48 AM

It's not strongest though, it's just the most faceroll/derp class. Very low skill floor but if you're MLG level with Fi or Gu they will perform better.

sesiom000
Aug 1, 2017, 11:50 AM
You got so worked up over the entire issue though. Just agree to disagree and drop it and share your opinion with people that do agree, instead of making a huge issue over the thing here. That doesn't leave a good feeling for everyone involved unless it's someone like me that doesn't really care either ways.

im just defending my statement using valid arguments and facts about why i think hero needs balancing such as the maron that got nerfed or chain trigger got nerfed this last patch and no one cares about those because no one is using those classes anymore...

Sizustar
Aug 1, 2017, 11:51 AM
im just defending my statement using valid arguments and facts about why i think hero needs balancing such as the maron that got nerfed or chain trigger got nerfed this last patch and no one cares about those because no one is using those classes anymore...

Do you play the game...at all?

I see at least 1~2 bombermon in most EQ MPA, and Gu/Fi, or Fi/Hu are more common.

NightfallG
Aug 1, 2017, 11:51 AM
Hate to break it to you, but Sega doesn't balance things around top tier players doing top tier player shit in a solo bonus story mission with a single enemy and lol if you think they should.

Also 'valid arguments' lol, you showed a bunch of top tier players doing their thing and then called everyone SJWs when they called you on it. Give your head a shake.

Alenoir
Aug 1, 2017, 11:53 AM

I mained summoner for the entire episode 4. I'm for the maron and chain trigger nerf because that was stupid.

Do you seriously want to know that as a pleb SU that's not even subbing GU, I managed to Maron Strike something for 3.1mil damage?

sesiom000
Aug 1, 2017, 11:53 AM
Do you play the game...at all?

I see at least 1~2 bombermon in most EQ MPA, and Gu/Fi, or Fi/Hu are more common.

Yes i play everyday and i rarely see other classes anymore.

Superia
Aug 1, 2017, 11:54 AM
It's not strongest though, it's just the most faceroll/derp class. Very low skill floor but if you're MLG level with Fi or Gu they will perform better.

I don't know about that. I think Fighter and Gunner are (or maybe were, in the case of Gunner) capable of outputting more damage under some conditions, but they lack some of the ridiculous utility Hero has. For instance, I believe the primary reason why the hero Solo PDs are currently a cut above the rest in completion time is because of their ability to snipe double out of the air when it is trying to rocket boost around the stage. I think Hero is stronger than at least Gu/Hu right now overall, and has much more utillity than Fighter.

arokidaaron
Aug 1, 2017, 11:54 AM
That's because the class is still new and still has so much hype lmao. Wait till the hype dies and people go back to their classes.

sesiom000
Aug 1, 2017, 11:56 AM
Hate to break it to you, but Sega doesn't balance things around top tier players doing top tier player shit in a solo bonus story mission with a single enemy and lol if you think they should.

Also 'valid arguments' lol, you showed a bunch of top tier players doing their thing and then called everyone SJWs when they called you on it. Give your head a shake.

So if my arguments are so false why are you so worried about them?
If you know SEGA wont nerf why are you so preoccupied with what i say about the Hero?
Or maybe you know whats coming?

Edit: Parse has shown heroes doing 2 times more damage than other players from various sources as other posters said before many times.

Alenoir

New class, people trying to level it to Lv80 (because buster quests are coming up next week). This happens every time a new class is introduced, minus summoners. People hate summoners. :|

Lumpen Thingy
You should actually quit the game if you think Hero is the best dps class in the game.

Cyber Meteor
the real balance killer in the game is the slow drip of one new class per episode, and those classes being the ones that SEGA focuses on while letting everything else just idle.

It seems like it's not gonna be the case for EP5, as currently they got future plans for the previous classes (more skills and such) and almost none for Hero aside from that EPPR ring exploit. So clearly, for SEGA, those classes aren't gonna be obsolete anytime soon, and Hero will be there for those who don't want to invest lots of efforts to do end game content (because not "everyone" will prefer Hero, or even stay with it in the long run if it stays as it is the whole episode :p )

Sizustar
Aug 1, 2017, 11:58 AM

You plan on the official server in japan?
Becuase alot of your "fact" doesn't match what actually is like playing the class you talk about.
And your example of "casual" Top tier player soloing phaleg isn't helping your "fact"

sesiom000
You should actually quit the game if you think Hero is the best dps class in the game.

You should actually quit posting if you dont even have an argument...

Xaelouse
Sword weapon action is funny. It's like if Vinto had guard frames for days, 10x the range, doesn't cost you gear, pp, or make you worry about element. And it doesn't even need to rely on it to keep up with other weapons.

You can't just simply say "go back to other classes". For some, it will feel like night and day

NightfallG
Aug 1, 2017, 11:59 AM
If you know SEGA wont nerf why are you so preoccupied with what i say about the Hero?
Or maybe you know whats coming?

Edit: Parse has shown heroes doing 2 times more damage than other players from various sources as other posters said before many times.

lmao trust me no one is worried about you. Calling you on your shit is a free action.

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 1, 2017, 11:59 AM
You should actually quit posting if you dont even have an argument...
my argument is quit the game so please do so

Selphea
Aug 1, 2017, 12:00 PM
PSO2 has and still is one of Sega's top performing serie, as you can see by the event have been growing more extravgent with each year, now having yearly tournament in different in japans.

And as stated in Bumped and my Osaka Thank festa topic, sega has plan to tweak existing class, and their current priority is Te Buff, but knowing PSO2 team...

It's profitable but there was a graph showing CCU crashed HARD after the Yamato peak, and today they're still touting the same 4.5 mil IDs. So it's not really growing and they have to recall/retain/upsell, except the CCU ain't there. You can see they're trying to monetize harder with SG resets, more rental storage and more overtly sexy LAs/costumes etc. That usually happens when a game enters the back end of the hump. That's normal, just whether it goes down gracefully or it falls off a cliff.

I honestly don't know the JP market well enough to say whether this works. I do know KR and SEA love their new broken MapleStory FotM classes so there's that. Maybe that'll happen here - the same players will keep coming back to spend AC and level new characters on broken classes for a few months to give them that stable cashflow. I'm not that kind of gamer though.

Superia
Aug 1, 2017, 12:01 PM

Lol, they probably made the classic mistake of thinking it was worth debating anything with someone who unironically calls others SJW for disagreeing with them.

sesiom000
Aug 1, 2017, 12:01 PM
my argument is quit the game so please do so

You just come here flamming someone that as a different opinion than yours and you didn't had anything to the conversion so yea...

sesiom000
Aug 1, 2017, 12:02 PM
lmao trust me no one is worried about you. Calling you on your shit is a free action.

From discussing Hero to profanity...

Lol, they probably made the classic mistake of thinking it was worth debating anything with someone who unironically calls others SJW for disagreeing with them.

Check my quote above.

Edit: Back to topic so what type of measurements should they do to balance the classes from now on?

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 1, 2017, 12:16 PM
From discussing Hero to profanity...

Check my quote above.

Edit: Back to topic so what type of measurements should they do to balance the classes from now on?

get good?

Ryna
Aug 1, 2017, 12:24 PM
I'm going to lock this thread since there are other Hero specific feedback threads.