PDA

View Full Version : Buster Quest Gameplay

Maulcun
Aug 3, 2017, 11:00 AM
Time: 40:33

Players: Kanako Takatsuki, Mitsuhiro Ichiki , Satoshi Saki,Yuya Kimura, Osho and Retro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug-f87TkLF4&feature=youtu.be

loafhero
Aug 3, 2017, 11:37 AM
Oh, those Buster Piles are a lot more fragile than I thought.

jooozek
Aug 3, 2017, 03:14 PM
who are those old farts?

Masu
Aug 3, 2017, 03:35 PM
Looks like a lot of fun but as usual let's hope the hype won't deplete too fast once available :v Also those efforts to make castle boss to look like a hard fight... :twak:Hero Time use when? *whisle*:twak:

NightlightPro
Aug 3, 2017, 04:20 PM
RTS much?

Poyonche
Aug 3, 2017, 04:45 PM
"Hey guys ! Lets fight this super-aggressive mob right IN the Buster Pile !"

"Hero Gear is full ? Meh, why would I use Hero Time, normal attacks are much better !"

(this is #sarcasm ofc, don't do this)

Tymek
Aug 3, 2017, 05:27 PM
Time: 40:33

Players: Kanako Takatsuki, Mitsuhiro Ichiki , Satoshi Saki,Yuya Kimura, Osho and Retro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug-f87TkLF4&feature=youtu.be

50:23 - "ACCIDENT"

Tunga
Aug 3, 2017, 06:52 PM
"Hey guys ! Lets fight this super-aggressive mob right IN the Buster Pile !"

"Hero Gear is full ? Meh, why would I use Hero Time, normal attacks are much better !"

(this is #sarcasm ofc, don't do this)

The avg player will see this and try to copy them, you sarcasm but ts not!

[Ayumi]
Aug 3, 2017, 07:27 PM
So... TD5/6/whatever?
Hopefully I like the drops in there, because this looks boring.

Meteor Weapon
Aug 3, 2017, 11:55 PM
The stream gets more dislikes than likes is saying something lol

ralf542
Aug 4, 2017, 01:58 AM
There are only 2 interesting "things" in this video, モモカ and シルファ.

loafhero
Aug 4, 2017, 02:56 AM
The stream gets more dislikes than likes is saying something lol

Its either because of resentment that Buster Quest is the only non-Story quest content that EP5 is featuring instead of providing the usual new Free Fields per Episode OR the viewers are just annoyed by the questionable competence of the people playing the game.

oratank
Aug 4, 2017, 04:47 AM
they should let them run 80 match people will happy to see them tear apart with a real threat :D

oh it start at 1:10 hour mark why mob still 75? Does buster quest use aq system to rise mob level?

loafhero
Aug 4, 2017, 06:43 AM
I'm gonna assume that lvl 80 mobs only appear in Main Match Advanced.

Meteor Weapon
Aug 4, 2017, 07:02 AM
Its either because of resentment that Buster Quest is the only non-Story quest content that EP5 is featuring instead of providing the usual new Free Fields per Episode OR the viewers are just annoyed by the questionable competence of the people playing the game.

NANINANINANINANI!?!?!?!?! SUGOIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no i havent watched the video but i assume that's what it is.

also the main reason for the dislike based on a jp who explained to me was, well you can read what he said

me: "I am now worried with EP5, is it because the lack of new free fields?"

jp: "Is have too but main reason is downward revision of existing class and the hero is too strong.It's unbalance.(My english have some miss because I'm Japanese,sorryXD)"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug-f87TkLF4&lc=z22hwr4jzzj2sptnqacdp433recrgnl0qye5aoor3dpw03c 010c.1501836211052905

oratank
Aug 4, 2017, 07:52 AM
jp: "Is have too but main reason is downward revision of existing class and the hero is too strong.It's unbalance.(My english have some miss because I'm Japanese,sorryXD)"

i won't op as fuck as multi maron bomb

Meteor Weapon
Aug 4, 2017, 08:13 AM
At least maron bomb required you to time and grind it right before you can even use it and I don't even summoner. Hero just obliterates everything and has a hell a lot of mobility and speed than any other classes. I dont hate the Hero class but that class makes every other class before it looks weak and slow compared to what4ever Hero does

AnikaSteinberg
Aug 4, 2017, 08:34 AM
has a hell a lot of mobility and speed than any other classes

this most importantly imo

back then, people still choose to ride AIS on TD3 despite Fo/Te's and Gu/Hu's being able to compete (not equal, not over, compete) DPS-wise.
Why? Because you can carry that DPS in a very short notice all around the map using an AIS.
The same can be said for Hero, which will now do the same thing dashing around in this new Buster Quest.

oratank
Aug 4, 2017, 10:05 AM
this most importantly imo

back then, people still choose to ride AIS on TD3 despite Fo/Te's and Gu/Hu's being able to compete (not equal, not over, compete) DPS-wise.
Why? Because you can carry that DPS in a very short notice all around the map using an AIS.
The same can be said for Hero, which will now do the same thing dashing around in this new Buster Quest.

buster more like td1,2,4 and nekke good mpa don't run around they stay at spawn point

Alenoir
Aug 4, 2017, 11:57 AM
NANINANINANINANI!?!?!?!?! SUGOIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no i havent watched the video but i assume that's what it is.
I started paying attention to their subpalette half way through. Other than Ichiki, the others are either saving their HT or completely forgot they exists. The girl also isn't using any of the weapon changing PAs, and they just relies too much on TMG reload in general, which really slows down the flow of the class if you do it more than 1 second every time.

At least maron bomb required you to time and grind it right before you can even use it and I don't even summoner.
Maybe because you don't summoner. Maron bomb doesn't take much work outside of getting the parfaits and raising them up to 120. The shield is a 180 degree JG and you have 10 seconds to throw it after it builds up, which is usually more than enough time to "time it".

Masu
Aug 4, 2017, 03:08 PM
Any datamined info about those cf Evleda 13* potential?

LancerFate
Aug 4, 2017, 04:59 PM
Any datamined info about those cf Evleda 13* potential?

Not yet i guess, Cleasis weapon potential is beneficial for Buster Quests it's info from bumped Cleasis is upgraded version.

oratank
Aug 5, 2017, 12:06 AM
that's sound stupid but fine it doesn't beat qliphad

ralf542
Aug 5, 2017, 02:24 AM
that's sound stupid but fine it doesn't beat qliphad

What if it's potential is Damage against <insert buster quest monster type> boosted by 20%? But no way some reskinned OT weapons in a reskinned Cunt Kingdom Mining Base beats yer glorious Austere v2.

Superia
Aug 5, 2017, 09:54 AM
Not yet i guess, Cleasis weapon potential is beneficial for Buster Quests it's info from bumped Cleasis is upgraded version.

You referenced Bumped. Where was that said?

Vatallus
Aug 5, 2017, 12:29 PM
If you disconnect or logout during the quest, you’ll lose even more Buster Points than normal.

Can't wait until a bug makes me crash. Granted the bug might be with my processor and not the game itself but I can't wait for that random crash I'll eventually get.

LancerFate
Aug 5, 2017, 12:41 PM
You referenced Bumped. Where was that said?

pso2 station recap #10.

Syanonn
Aug 13, 2017, 02:47 AM
First few days of Buster quest were fine =/ but starting from yesterday I got hit by [630] connection error twice and quite a few of my runs that started 8/8 ends up 5/8 or 6/8 at the end.

Kondibon
Aug 13, 2017, 02:49 AM
If you disconnect or logout during the quest, you’ll lose even more Buster Points than normal.

Can't wait until a bug makes me crash. Granted the bug might be with my processor and not the game itself but I can't wait for that random crash I'll eventually get.Unless you're crashing or DCing on a regular basis it's not that bad. It took me two runs to get enough points for 3+ again

EDIT: Derp, didn't see the time on that comment. Oh well. It's useful to know anyway.

ZerotakerZX
Aug 13, 2017, 03:37 AM
BQ was dull and ez at first.
It was still stale at grade 2
Yet so now on grade 3.
Will it finnaly be better once I'm 3G+?

Kondibon
Aug 13, 2017, 03:51 AM
Will it finnaly be better once I'm 3G+?Not really. The biggest difference is that there's 4 demon barriers instead of just 2, so you'll probably need to do at least 2 buster rounds unless you somehow get level 4 mana by the first buster round. Other than that it's just bigger numbers.

Altiea
Aug 13, 2017, 03:54 AM
Not really. The biggest difference is that there's 4 demon barriers instead of just 2, so you'll probably need to do at least 2 buster rounds unless you somehow get level 4 mana by the first buster round. Other than that it's just bigger numbers.

Advanced has a slightly higher chance to dispense good loot. I noticed the Booster rate is also a little higher.

Kondibon
Aug 13, 2017, 04:07 AM
Advanced has a slightly higher chance to dispense good loot. I noticed the Booster rate is also a little higher.Neither of those things have to do with how interesting actually playing the quest is.

mr.chills
Aug 14, 2017, 04:17 AM
im kinda of late to the hero train so started playing bq as fo/te which i have good gear/trees for

usually i "feel" like i can do decently and soften/pick off of lots of strays with rafoie, foie/gifoie if they get close and ilfoie/fomel when i can get a group in there. also brilliant grants lets me contribute to golem kills from afar and gigrants0 decent on sorcerer/skelly groups
however if i dont have pp convert ready by the time attack phase starts i dont really get to hit the castle

my question is: is it ok to bring fo/te or te/fo to buster quests? or am i just dragging everyone else down by not playing hero?

ZerotakerZX
Aug 14, 2017, 04:21 AM
im kinda of late to the hero train so started playing bq as fo/te which i have good gear/trees for

usually i "feel" like i can do decently and soften/pick off of lots of strays with rafoie, foie/gifoie if they get close and ilfoie/fomel when i can get a group in there. also brilliant grants lets me contribute to golem kills from afar and gigrants0 decent on sorcerer/skelly groups
however if i dont have pp convert ready by the time attack phase starts i dont really get to hit the castle

my question is: is it ok to bring fo/te or te/fo to buster quests? or am i just dragging everyone else down by not playing hero?

you can stand there and do nothing for all i could care, since is absurdly easy with some many heroes running around, nobody would ever notice a leecher or two... Or five.

mr.chills
Aug 14, 2017, 04:24 AM
but i mean i dont want to be useless, just trying to figure out how i can contribute most as a caster, maybe te/fo with buffs...
also i havent tried advance grade yet, thought maybe it would matter more there

ZerotakerZX
Aug 14, 2017, 05:08 AM
but i mean i dont want to be useless, just trying to figure out how i can contribute most as a caster, maybe te/fo with buffs...

then ya, you gotta be hero to actually contribute.

TehCubey
Aug 14, 2017, 06:24 AM
I'd take a Force who knows what they're doing and has decent equipment/affixes over a trash-tier Hero, any day.

IchijinKali
Aug 14, 2017, 06:47 AM

Know whats sadder I tried doing BQs as a FI/HU guess where most of my contributions came from? Using my 13* Bow that has Million Storm on it as a Natural PA. I would just activate Limit Break and spam Million Storm which was more useful than trying to hit stuff with Knuckles, Double Sabers, or Twin Daggers.

What I'm trying to say is the only way you are useless in these is if you are melee with no ranged ability it makes you downright worthless for any enemies besides ones already at a tower or aggro'd to you.

Great Pan
Aug 14, 2017, 07:01 AM
Nothing matters, I'll let my MPA to a crushing defeat! By doin' nuthin'!

Masu
Aug 14, 2017, 09:25 AM
Neither of those things have to do with how interesting actually playing the quest is.
Grade 3+ have a lot more random events/spawns. Reading how bored you seems to be already, did you actually played/farmed it enough yet?
To me this BQ is just an introducing. I think next updates/new fields will be harder.

Now what I don't like about BQ is how it is full designed for Hero. I would like to try with other class but I already know it/I will perform bad in comparison. So why bothering? :/

Kondibon
Aug 14, 2017, 09:56 AM
Grade 3+ have a lot more random events/spawns. Reading how bored you seems to be already, did you actually played/farmed it enough yet?
To me this BQ is just an introducing. I think next updates/new fields will be harder.

Now what I don't like about BQ is how it is full designed for Hero. I would like to try with other class but I already know it/I will perform bad in comparison. So why bothering? :/I'm not bored, just burned out super hard. I actually the buster quest is really fun. Constantly running the same quest for hours isn't.

oratank
Aug 14, 2017, 11:46 AM
such a so boring when we have to grind grade why do they think this is a good idea :/

Evangelion X.XX
Aug 14, 2017, 02:01 PM
My take on BQ, is that it's okay.

It isn't as intense as TD3/TD4/TDVR (although now that everyone's rolling as Hr, I'm sure these quests are not as difficult as before), but overall BQ is okay, and I spam it quite frequently; and because BQ isn't EQ gated, it gives you something to do when there's nothing to do and that's a plus for me.

The only thing I don't like about the BQ System is how you have to go through Free Mode in order to do Main Mode and then back to Free Mode and so on and so forth.

ohpz
Aug 14, 2017, 04:01 PM
The only thing I don't like about the BQ System is how you have to go through Free Mode in order to do Main Mode and then back to Free Mode and so on and so forth.

Same. I end up switching to an alt character that can only get grade 1 free matches, recharge 3 boosts / main matches (+ get daily CO done), then swap back to my main for another round of 3+s.

[D]DCisknf
Aug 14, 2017, 05:16 PM
But I quite like it.
It rewards the high tier player (as a stamina at a time) for playing with lower tier/casual player.
This made difference player can have fun together and the solve the problem that the late start player(character) may stuck on grade 1 with [1/8] player in the room.

Kondibon
Aug 14, 2017, 09:49 PM
DCisknf;3431081']But I quite like it.
It rewards the high tier player (as a stamina at a time) for playing with lower tier/casual player.
This made difference player can have fun together and the solve the problem that the late start player(character) may stuck on grade 1 with [1/8] player in the room.Yeah, once I realized free matches match you with people doing lower grade main matches too, the setup made more sense.

Vatallus
Aug 15, 2017, 02:56 AM
I'm fine with Buster Quest. I'm also fine with Hero. I'm having fun speeding around the map. Zoomy zoom. Slashidty slash.

sol_trigger
Aug 15, 2017, 06:14 AM
i see random ugly bitch making a duck face as video thumbmail, i press dislike

TakemiShinnosuke
Aug 15, 2017, 06:29 AM
looks like a rant but I am putting this in case someone one wants to pick up from here...

Other than that exp is great.. its pumping like crazy

I hope the next update of buster quest puts in better a matching system and not stuff like a 3x or 4x or maybe 5x on a grade 3 main quest. Its stupid cause they keep dying lol -_- ...
seriously someone better fix it please ...

oratank
Aug 15, 2017, 06:48 AM
looks like a rant but I am putting this in case someone one wants to pick up from here...

Other than that exp is great.. its pumping like crazy

I hope the next update of buster quest puts in better a matching system and not stuff like a 3x or 4x or maybe 5x on a grade 3 main quest. Its stupid cause they keep dying lol -_- ...
seriously someone better fix it please ...

there is expert only check box for that

TakemiShinnosuke
Aug 15, 2017, 08:35 AM
Thanks.. oops I missed that lol... thanks

NightlightPro
Aug 15, 2017, 08:49 AM
can you get temp/perma banned if you disconnect too frequently in buster quest matches?

Moffen
Aug 15, 2017, 09:42 AM
there is expert only check box for that

Where is this cute little checkbox because i cant find it and im convinced im blind.

Cyber Meteor
Aug 15, 2017, 09:51 AM
It's in "Matching Settings" at Quest counter 1st menu (under "Accept Trigger quest" if it makes it easier to visualize ^^)