PDA

View Full Version : PC or PS4 - Which has the higher PSO2 userbase in Japan?

Nulve
Aug 4, 2017, 12:46 PM
PSO2 is now available for PS4 in Japan, so I was wondering, which system is more popular for playing PSO2 in Japan, atm?

Is there any actual userbase data out there?

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 4, 2017, 12:52 PM
1. Would probably been better to ask this in General Questions thread http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?213385-Quick-Questions-Come-here-for-quick-answers!

2. Considering the PC version has been up from the beginning and PS4 didn't get their version until early last year it would be safe to say PC has higher user base. (PC is also not limited to PS4/Vita Blocks)

ZerotakerZX
Aug 4, 2017, 12:57 PM
Everybody has common servers, so it not that big of a deal. there some blocks for certain platforms only, but that's a minor issue.

[Ayumi]
Aug 4, 2017, 01:00 PM
I'm pretty sure more play on PC than on PS4.

Sora3100
Aug 4, 2017, 01:47 PM
1. Would probably been better to ask this in General Questions thread http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?213385-Quick-Questions-Come-here-for-quick-answers!

2. Considering the PC version has been up from the beginning and PS4 didn't get their version until early last year it would be safe to say PC has higher user base. (PC is also not limited to PS4/Vita Blocks)

PS4 uses the same blocks as PC

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 4, 2017, 02:30 PM
PS4 uses the same blocks as PC

Do they? could of sworn PS4 could only go on the Vita Blocks?

guess I was mistaken ><

Ezodagrom
Aug 4, 2017, 03:29 PM
Do they? could of sworn PS4 could only go on the Vita Blocks?

guess I was mistaken ><
You can use the quick menu to switch the overhead display to show PSN IDs, you can see people playing the PS4 version on normal blocks through that.

[Ayumi]
Aug 4, 2017, 07:47 PM
You can use the quick menu to switch the overhead display to show PSN IDs, you can see people playing the PS4 version on normal blocks through that.

I'm not sure that's a decent way to tell as I've known people who play on the Vita before the PS4 version and when they were on their PC, I could've seen their ID on their character and Arks Card due to having their ID linked to their account now.

Alenoir
Aug 4, 2017, 08:17 PM
It tells you if the person is currently logged from PC or from a Sony system, but doesn't give an accurate view if you play using both platforms.

Nulve
Aug 14, 2017, 08:29 PM
So, the general consensus is more Japanese people play the PC version.

That's nice to know the PC is doing well for Sega in Japan. Hopefully it leads to more Sega PC ports, like Yakuza and Persona etc, on PC.

[Ayumi]
Aug 14, 2017, 09:06 PM
So, the general consensus is more Japanese people play the PC version.

That's nice to know the PC is doing well for Sega in Japan. Hopefully it leads to more Sega PC ports, like Yakuza and Persona etc, on PC.

And Sonic 2006, Phantasy Star Portable 2 1 and 2/Infinite Remastered, Crazy Taxi 2 and 3, and much more.

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 14, 2017, 11:16 PM
;3431088']And Sonic 2006, Phantasy Star Portable 2 1 and 2/Infinite Remastered, Crazy Taxi 2 and 3, and much more.

why the hell would anyone would pay for free games?

[Ayumi]
Aug 15, 2017, 12:00 AM
why the hell would anyone would pay for free games?

People been doing it for years. Why stop now?