PDA

View Full Version : Is matchmaking worth using?

JCry
Aug 6, 2017, 12:46 PM
I know the option has some bugs atm and they plan to fix them but even so is it still worth? I've tried using multi blocking only and current block for 2 BWs and each time I've only gotten 4 runs due to all the down time of finding players (this even happens on current block resets.)

ZerotakerZX
Aug 6, 2017, 12:51 PM
I can't find anyone by using current block only when xpert mode is on. So kinda forced to use multiblock search, and it kinda works well.

Altiea
Aug 6, 2017, 02:20 PM
It more or less functions the way it was intended, sans some janky glitches that show their faces every once in a while. I pretty much use it exclusively to match for EQs nowadays.

JCry
Aug 6, 2017, 02:24 PM
So is it better to have the expert block option checked or unchecked?

Altiea
Aug 6, 2017, 02:29 PM
So is it better to have the expert block option checked or unchecked?

Depends on content. For most EQs and probably the upcoming Buster Quests as well, you should leave it on. For pretty much anything else, you should turn it off.

LancerFate
Aug 6, 2017, 02:40 PM
Depends on content. For most EQs and probably the upcoming Buster Quests as well, you should leave it on. For pretty much anything else, you should turn it off.

Expert Player matching will work regardless of difficulty, but it will not work specifically for [Free Match Buster Quests]. just to clarify bumped info.

TehCubey
Aug 6, 2017, 02:49 PM
It more or less functions the way it was intended, sans some janky glitches that show their faces every once in a while. I pretty much use it exclusively to match for EQs nowadays.

The way it's implemented right now is really shit. I had occurences when I tell the game to match me, I join a 3/12 (or sometimes a 1/12, which means myself only) MPA - while a 8/12 MPA is right there. The algorythms are working almost at random, whether you do multi or single block matching.

I also heard horror stories of people being kicked out from parties while trying to find multi block MPAs, but I've yet to witness that. One way or another, Sega messed up majorly. I repeat, not only multi block, but single block matching works worse than before. The fix can't come fast enough.

Regarding expert matching - if you have it available, remember to keep it on at all times. If you don't, work to make sure you can turn it on as soon as possible. Remember to do your part as good (or at least competent) players and refuse to carry leechers!

Ether
Aug 6, 2017, 03:05 PM
Expert matching is a mixed bag, if you have it on you will not see non-expert parties at all, so the player base still remains divided. I'm sure a lot of former "experts" haven't turned it on either

[Ayumi]
Aug 6, 2017, 03:06 PM
The only problem I see is, if I have the qualifications of expert, I shouldn't have to fucking toggle expert mode on to see expert parties.
I should see them by default.

Turning on expert mode should make it that I only see experts, and turning it off shows everything. Kind of like a filtering set up. I don't see why when I'm an expert, I've had people say they can't see my party simply because I didn't have expert turned on... when the other 3 in the party are also expert.

It's fucking stupid.

Alenoir
Aug 6, 2017, 03:26 PM
I also heard horror stories of people being kicked out from parties while trying to find multi block MPAs, but I've yet to witness that.

So, what happens is that when you cross block match with a party, an menu option pops up for the other members of the party to accept cross matching before it will actually happens. That menu pops up along with the party invite notification sound effect. Sometimes some people missed it and don't know how to get it to show up (check your party invite window) or just doesn't know that's even a thing and never accepts it. What the party leader have for option is that they can start the matching with whoever that agreed to do it, and will only take those people along with him/her. The person(s) that did not agree will simply get kicked out of the party because the others already left for another block.

isCasted
Aug 6, 2017, 03:39 PM
;3429787']The only problem I see is, if I have the qualifications of expert, I shouldn't have to fucking toggle expert mode on to see expert parties.
I should see them by default.

Turning on expert mode should make it that I only see experts, and turning it off shows everything. Kind of like a filtering set up. I don't see why when I'm an expert, I've had people say they can't see my party simply because I didn't have expert turned on... when the other 3 in the party are also expert.

It's fucking stupid.

The setting shouldn't affect what you see, because having to check and uncheck the option just to check all parties is annoying. They could make it so that it shows all parties, but marks expert ones with some sort of a sign.

Also, I've had cases of people being unable to accept goddamn party invites because of difference of that option. At other times we could form parties, but couldn't even start a (single-party) quest because someone didn't have a check while leader did.

Ether
Aug 6, 2017, 04:27 PM
Yeah that happened to me, I tried to party with two friends who haven't played in a while, I had the expert flag on and couldn't even start a mission with them in the party, because it was trying to flag it as expert.

The whole system really needs work. Experts only should be a toggle you set similar to friends only or team members only, not hidden under matching settings and hiding all non expert games from you when it's on.

TehCubey
Aug 6, 2017, 05:37 PM
So, what happens is that when you cross block match with a party, an menu option pops up for the other members of the party to accept cross matching before it will actually happens. That menu pops up along with the party invite notification sound effect. Sometimes some people missed it and don't know how to get it to show up (check your party invite window) or just doesn't know that's even a thing and never accepts it. What the party leader have for option is that they can start the matching with whoever that agreed to do it, and will only take those people along with him/her. The person(s) that did not agree will simply get kicked out of the party because the others already left for another block.

I'm aware of that and I thought that's what happened, but I talked to people involved and apparently this wasn't the case. Everyone pressed ready, what follows is a stupidly long waiting period followed by the party disintegrating.

[Ayumi]
Aug 6, 2017, 05:57 PM
The setting shouldn't affect what you see, because having to check and uncheck the option just to check all parties is annoying. They could make it so that it shows all parties, but marks expert ones with some sort of a sign.

Also, I've had cases of people being unable to accept goddamn party invites because of difference of that option. At other times we could form parties, but couldn't even start a (single-party) quest because someone didn't have a check while leader did.

I've had that too many times. Way too many fucking times. This needs to be fixed.

ZerotakerZX
Aug 7, 2017, 12:09 AM
Deus Esca Ex: Playerbase Divided.

blkbox11
Aug 7, 2017, 01:51 AM

Actually, I was the party member in that. I definitely pressed yes to accept, and what happened was that my friend (who was the leader) and myself were transported to the new block. That's where it stopped working as intended: I ended up in the lobby despite being in the Campship before, while the party leader spawned in the Campship, or so I thought. Turns out he was stuck in an infinite loading tunnel and only his character's model loaded from my POV. He had to force his game to close afterwards, leaving me alone.

The MPA countdown started before I knew exactly what was going on, so I couldn't leave the MPA because I thought he was already in and was just doing stuff in the Campship. We ended up having to do the MPA separately as a result.

[Ayumi]
Aug 7, 2017, 11:56 AM
Actually, I was the party member in that. I definitely pressed yes to accept, and what happened was that my friend (who was the leader) and myself were transported to the new block. That's where it stopped working as intended: I ended up in the lobby despite being in the Campship before, while the party leader spawned in the Campship, or so I thought. Turns out he was stuck in an infinite loading tunnel and only his character's model loaded from my POV. He had to force his game to close afterwards, leaving me alone.

The MPA countdown started before I knew exactly what was going on, so I couldn't leave the MPA because I thought he was already in and was just doing stuff in the Campship. We ended up having to do the MPA separately as a result.

I think I know what happened as I've seen this happen a few times.
It's shitty server lag.

I've seen it happen 2 times before.
What happens is that people prepare to say yes (Whether it's "prepare" for a second or whatever) and then the game starts to move everyone. The problem is the the game lags out a bit and sometimes someone would get moved all alone... then about 5 seconds or more later, they see the others just pop into the party out of no where with everyone not knowing what the fuck is happening.
I would assume when this shit happens and somehow messed up with loading everyone together, the free or premium space gets full... meaning those that Sega fucked over can't get in because the space that was required to them is now gone.

Calsetes
Aug 7, 2017, 12:02 PM
What I hate about matching is when you get moved and for some reason you don't have full health, or your stuff like Fury Stance got turned off.

I blame it on Dark Falz attacking you while you're in the Star Wars Hyperspace Tunnel of Dr. Whoodum.

[Ayumi]
Aug 7, 2017, 12:16 PM
What I hate about matching is when you get moved and for some reason you don't have full health, or your stuff like Fury Stance got turned off.

I blame it on Dark Falz attacking you while you're in the Star Wars Hyperspace Tunnel of Dr. Whoodum.

The turning off is because you changed blocks so everything you had on gets removed. I've had this done when I had drinks on too.
The health, no clue.

IchijinKali
Aug 7, 2017, 01:11 PM
I also heard horror stories of people being kicked out from parties while trying to find multi block MPAs, but I've yet to witness that. One way or another, Sega messed up majorly. I repeat, not only multi block, but single block matching works worse than before. The fix can't come fast enough.

That one I can actually answer for you.

Yes that is a thing and no it isn't a bug it is a 'feature'.

When in a party and you plan to do the quest using the multiple block choice well . . . everyone has to ready up. You know that thing that wasn't explained at all outside of update video. If you don't ready up and the Party Leader decides to go ahead and start the quest well you get kicked from the party.

blkbox11
Aug 7, 2017, 01:44 PM
;3429938']I think I know what happened as I've seen this happen a few times.
It's shitty server lag.

I've seen it happen 2 times before.
What happens is that people prepare to say yes (Whether it's "prepare" for a second or whatever) and then the game starts to move everyone. The problem is the the game lags out a bit and sometimes someone would get moved all alone... then about 5 seconds or more later, they see the others just pop into the party out of no where with everyone not knowing what the fuck is happening.
I would assume when this shit happens and somehow messed up with loading everyone together, the free or premium space gets full... meaning those that Sega fucked over can't get in because the space that was required to them is now gone.
Could be that, yes. It was during Japanese prime time.

That one I can actually answer for you.

Yes that is a thing and no it isn't a bug it is a 'feature'.

When in a party and you plan to do the quest using the multiple block choice well . . . everyone has to ready up. You know that thing that wasn't explained at all outside of update video. If you don't ready up and the Party Leader decides to go ahead and start the quest well you get kicked from the party.
I was one of the people in said party, and you can read the details of what happened on the previous page.

And yes, I actually did press 'yes', and there was feedback from the button UI before the usual loading tunnel appeared. What happened after that wasn't the usual, however.

Asellus
Aug 8, 2017, 10:18 AM
At OP: No.

Check the expert box and jump manually otherwise you're standing around waiting for the mpa to fill at snail's pace.