PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 PSO2 Ark Live 9/2 with Ichitaro (Regarding balance change on old job and future buff)

Sizustar
Sep 1, 2017, 10:46 PM
http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv305545248

This will be the first official info on the old job balance change along with guest from Quell(One of the contestent from the PSO2 tournament)
And future update info~

Also if they have time, they will answer player question submitted through tiwtter with the #PSO2質問 tag

Now that more awake, and rewatching KMR part with more etail
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DItuQ3XUEAAANWs.jpg

Movement related
- Increase the range of Meelee weapon step - Will have the same range as HR, but the same time and same invincibility time

- Step Attack homing improved

- Movement type PA increase range, will mainly improve PA time, Speed improvement, Il-Zonde tech and other tech will be the same

- Rolling(Shooting job) can use Step-jump ring

- Mirage dash Range and "turning" improve (TheTe buff?)

Basic Damage up
-Normal damage rate increase (Hr normal hit is almost as strong as it's PA, unlike old job, in which PA deal majority of damage)
- Hit Pause*The pause when a hit connect* decreased to make attack faster
-PP recovery increase from attacking
- Increase damage of some PA

And the specific of what KMR said is as follow

The planned change is to make the old job control smoother, even after all the balance change, it wouldn't be as easy and strong as Hr(Most Jp player don't really like KMR for this reason, since he's supposed to be here to elevate player concern)
Regarding buffing old job, we'll take player concern into consideration after this balance change(Late october) and decide whether to buff them some more to decrease the distance between old job and advance job.

Although the current Buster Quest is geared toward Hr, but we believe after the implement of the late october update(Balance and new quest?) the situation of HR #1 will be alievated, although only after one month, we see the situation of everyong nearly going Hr, but that should only be a phase in the 5/10 year total game plan.

The goal for Hero was to be strong and fun to control is our plan for Ep.5, we were worried if it was not strong enough, it won't get player interest, in the past, when new job was introduced, player flocked toward it, we believe the HR situation to be the same.

IMO~~
KMR way of talking is kind of not serious, and say what is on his mind, which some player don't like, since they feel not being taken seriously~ Most viewer on niconico and ingame felt Hamazaki should have done most of the talking

HR is fun, to play and control, but IMO~ shouldn't have been the only advanced class, even for a fantasy setting, it should have been 3, one for each Attack type focused. having even one more, would have alievated alot of player complaint, since now most people feel forced to play Hr to compete in current content.
-Increase damage of some PA

ZerotakerZX
Sep 1, 2017, 11:29 PM
So its today? Really wanna know how sega gonna try to fix this bull.

Sizustar
Sep 2, 2017, 12:47 AM
So its today? Really wanna know how sega gonna try to fix this bull.

Yes, today at 20:00 JST, so about..5 hour from now.

Kondibon
Sep 2, 2017, 02:31 AM
I can't wait for them to give a bunch of damage to everything and act like that makes up for the clunkyness. :wacko:

Sizustar
Sep 2, 2017, 02:50 AM
I can't wait for them to give a bunch of damage to everything and act like that makes up for the clunkyness. :wacko:

We'll see how the team does, since Ichitaro and the guy from Quell do actually play the game, not sure what class they specialize in though, so their opinion should be more in tune then Sakai(Gunslash is strongest) and the other director, but that's only if the PSO team listen to them and other player....

morkie
Sep 2, 2017, 02:50 AM
new PA, or new skills

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 2, 2017, 02:55 AM
We'll see how the team does, since Ichitaro and the guy from Quell do actually play the game, not sure what class they specialize in though, so their opinion should be more in tune then Sakai(Gunslash is strongest) and the other director, but that's only if the PSO team listen to them and other player....

Gunslash so strong that it didn't need a 10% damage boost from class title bonuses!

Moffen
Sep 2, 2017, 03:01 AM
Gunslash so strong that it didn't need a 10% damage boost from class title bonuses!

Gunslash getting 0buffs is my biggest reason for hopping on the Hero train lmao.
Already weak weapon but Fi/Hu I could at least keep up with good mpa,but now its been promptly btfo by every weapon other than it getting a buff.
And to add even more salt into the wound,I dont even think its considered a weapon for Hero.

Weapon is beyond dead.

Sizustar
Sep 2, 2017, 03:26 AM
OK~ so Ichitaro does play Hr

And he just got the 3 Evelda CF weapon to +35 for before the Ark Live
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIsrsx6UwAAkYfE.jpg

And his normal gear?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHpawE9VoAAbOhZ.jpg

Kintama
Sep 2, 2017, 03:29 AM
I really hope they have something in store for bows as the only current "viable" bossing solution is spamming kamikaze, that's it. :(

LancerFate
Sep 2, 2017, 03:39 AM
I only hope this cry train not affects new advanced class and they will work on it as planned.

blkbox11
Sep 2, 2017, 03:54 AM
I only hope this cry train not affects new advanced class and they will work on it as planned.

If the buffs to the other classes can calm people down until the next advanced class release, then they can continue. Otherwise it's going to be difficult because even among JP players there is a considerable amount of salt regarding Hero.

ralf542
Sep 2, 2017, 03:58 AM
We got PA buffs so I doubt we get PA/skil tree buff this time. Prettty sure with a few new rings they will fix everything.

Kintama
Sep 2, 2017, 04:12 AM
We got PA buffs so I doubt we get PA/skil tree buff this time. Prettty sure with a few new rings they will fix everything.

There's a launcher ring and Launcher still has like a 1% usage, another ring won't help, this time they have to dive in and do things thoroughly without sacrificing a ring slot, same goes for the lolaim bow ring that should have been a bug fix in the first place.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 2, 2017, 04:53 AM

I pretty much expect this, leaving Br as 2-dimensional to play as ever, but with slightly bigger numbahs.

Mattykins
Sep 2, 2017, 05:00 AM
All I remember from when it was first announced was

"They plan to add skills and change some of the behavior of existing classes.
They’re going to buff techer! However, they haven’t decided what they plan to do."

Arada
Sep 2, 2017, 05:18 AM
All I remember from when it was first announced was

"They plan to add skills and change some of the behavior of existing classes.
They’re going to buff techer! However, they haven’t decided what they plan to do."

More like "and they still haven't figured out what the class should do".
We'll see but the game is basically dead if they don't change things fast. There's barely anyone on these days. My team is basically gone from Episode 5.

blkbox11
Sep 2, 2017, 06:03 AM
We'll see but the game is basically dead if they don't change things fast. There's barely anyone on these days.

Is your team members' absence the only evidence of your claims? Is it a Japanese team? Because I'm not seeing a big difference in the number of full blocks during prime time on my ship.

Mattykins
Sep 2, 2017, 06:09 AM
It looked like they were showing something, but niconico is such hot garbage, I keep getting booted from the stream for being too peasant :T

otakun
Sep 2, 2017, 06:11 AM
https://i.gyazo.com/a5d59d848cf7b15363ca5877b451df86.png

Sizustar
Sep 2, 2017, 06:12 AM

Basic goal seems to be increase mobility of old job to be on par with HR is what was said

Translation of the pic

Mobility up
- Melee Step range increased
- Movement type PA increase range
- Mirage dash Range and "turn?" improve

Basic Damage up
-Normal damage increase
-PP recovery increase
-Increase damage of some PA

otakun
Sep 2, 2017, 06:15 AM
mine was first even if shittier quality =P

Moffen
Sep 2, 2017, 06:15 AM

Please lord Sizu-sama,translate these moonrunes for us mere mortals.

blkbox11
Sep 2, 2017, 06:16 AM
Step Jump works with Dive Roll as well. Yes!

Mattykins
Sep 2, 2017, 06:21 AM
Mobility is nice, but I hope they increase the general speed of attacks, too. A little damage wouldn't hurt, either. Doesn't have to be Hr-tier, but at least to remain relevant in this brave new world of heroes.

Sizustar
Sep 2, 2017, 06:28 AM
Mobility is nice, but I hope they increase the general speed of attacks, too. A little damage wouldn't hurt, either. Doesn't have to be Hr-tier, but at least to remain relevant in this brave new world of heroes.

From what was said in the ark live
The goal currently is to have old job have mobility equal to Hero, damage wise, and that old job damage dealing wise, in a skilled player can equal or surpass HR.
While Hr, even in a novice hand, can still deal high damage~

The balance change won't be implemented till end of October, but there should be more info on the direction they are going in future ark station and ark live.

Sizustar
Sep 2, 2017, 06:40 AM
Every Tuesday will be a boost to Affixing type
Going in this rotation
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DItzgc3VAAAwwlH.jpg

S-atk type
R-Atk Type
T-Atk Type
HP/PP Type

blkbox11
Sep 2, 2017, 06:45 AM
From what was said in the ark live
The goal currently is to have old job have mobility equal to Hero, damage wise, and that old job damage dealing wise, in a skilled player can equal or surpass HR.
While Hr, even in a novice hand, can still deal high damage~

I'm glad they're sticking to their direction with expert/advanced classes despite all the salt.

DavidAG
Sep 2, 2017, 06:50 AM
Any idea of when stuff like ether factor would get the +5% boost?

Sizustar
Sep 2, 2017, 07:46 AM
Dark blast, both male and female will share the same model

ZerotakerZX
Sep 2, 2017, 07:55 AM
What's Hitstops (Aka Hit-Pause)?

isCasted
Sep 2, 2017, 08:04 AM
When you hit (or get hit by) something, for a certain duration your animation is locked. It's meant to give an illusion of impact (like, say, your character is actually bumping into an enemy instead of just swinging the weapon right through it), but in practice it ruins the flow of the combat (and, in case of PSO2, also fucks with JA timing) and does nothing that couldn't be accomplished with proper sound and animation design.

Sizustar
Sep 2, 2017, 08:05 AM
What's Hitstops (Aka Hit-Pause)?

From what they say, it's basicly increasing the attack speed of older class, in lessening the effect of hitstop.

ZerotakerZX
Sep 2, 2017, 08:06 AM
good, but I wonder why do they need 2 months for this

Arada
Sep 2, 2017, 08:09 AM
good, but I wonder why do they need 2 months for this

It's because all their releases are locked until October, I believe.

ralf542
Sep 2, 2017, 08:09 AM
Bluesy Requiem costume will be implemented too.
https://i.giphy.com/media/2ODg2GB8EN8Yw/giphy.webp

jooozek
Sep 2, 2017, 08:41 AM
late night jerkin streams i see

KaizoKage
Sep 2, 2017, 08:44 AM
I hope we get previews of the changes soon

Xaelouse
Sep 2, 2017, 08:48 AM
This Arks Live feels pointless if they're saving real info for TGS. That list of buffs was pretty much expected.

Spellbinder
Sep 2, 2017, 09:03 AM
I'm cautiously optimistic that balance will be moving in the right direction, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't irked by their statement that everyone playing hero is what they wanted to happen in episode 5. I thought variety was the spice of life.

Sizustar
Sep 2, 2017, 09:03 AM

That would be this weaponoid chara from PSO2es mobage
http://i.imgur.com/t7kU6DC.png

oratank
Sep 2, 2017, 09:14 AM

sega sure really want to sell bluesy suck to be niren kamui.

also

Arks Autumn Function (October)
Weaponoid Costume Election
Male and Female in separate divisions.

sega finally realize that male costume will never win lol

ralf542
Sep 2, 2017, 09:24 AM
That would be this weaponoid chara from PSO2es mobage
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/t7kU6DC.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

I know lord Sizu-sama.

Cyber Meteor
Sep 2, 2017, 09:28 AM
I'm cautiously optimistic that balance will be moving in the right direction, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't irked by their statement that everyone playing hero is what they wanted to happen in episode 5. I thought variety was the spice of life.

I would be very cautious about the "everyone playing Hero is what we wanted", especially since if that was planned, why waiting September to say it? Also, it already happened a few times they said afterward one thing was what they thought initially then implemented new things that would prevent that same thing from happening again.
Also, yeah variety is the spice of life, (like a game company saying otherwise should be taken seriously...... :p ), they're gonna make older classes on par with Hero in mobility and dmg so that's something toward variety, also it's Part 1 of classes rebalance, they'll take the feedback from those changes to do further readjustments to older classes after that. However, the content they'll create for EP5 will be with Hero in mind, probably because it's easier to balance around a single advance class that is on the top 3 classes of the game than having to think about multiple classes not on par with each others at the same time.

SteveCZ
Sep 2, 2017, 10:20 AM
Bluesy Requiem and Avenger’s costume will be implemented too.

That's the update for me. ;)

Spellbinder
Sep 2, 2017, 11:07 AM
I would be very cautious about the "everyone playing Hero is what we wanted", especially since if that was planned, why waiting September to say it? Also, it already happened a few times they said afterward one thing was what they thought initially then implemented new things that would prevent that same thing from happening again.
Also, yeah variety is the spice of life, (like a game company saying otherwise should be taken seriously...... :p ), they're gonna make older classes on par with Hero in mobility and dmg so that's something toward variety, also it's Part 1 of classes rebalance, they'll take the feedback from those changes to do further readjustments to older classes after that. However, the content they'll create for EP5 will be with Hero in mind, probably because it's easier to balance around a single advance class that is on the top 3 classes of the game than having to think about multiple classes not on par with each others at the same time.

I don't know why they waited, but I can only go by what they said.

For one, these balance changes are being made to help close the gap between Hero and the other classes, but they made pretty clear that a normal class being played well will not evenly match a Hero being played well (which I guess is fair, it being advanced and all).

He also goes on to say that while they are adding a new buster quest this month, the content being added in October (or perhaps November) won't be tailored to Hero the way buster quests are. That being said, their goal for Episode 5 was to introduce this new advanced class, and make it strong so that people would want to play it (mission accomplished I guess?). He goes on to comment how in the past they introduced new classes and not as many people played them as they wanted, which I assume is the reason for making Hero so powerful, at least at the start of Episode 5. Ichitarou then goes on to ask if practically everyone at the moment playing Hero is what they were expecting, to which the answer was yes. Ultimately, it sounds like he wants the majority of the playerbase to be playing Hero.

ralf542
Sep 2, 2017, 11:12 AM
He also goes on to say that while they are adding a new buster quest this month, the content being added in October (or perhaps November) won't be tailored to Hero the way buster quests are.

Of course not, cuz it will be tailored to Dark Blast.

doomdragon83
Sep 2, 2017, 11:20 AM
"Step Jump will also apply to Dive Roll." Well that's cool, wish they went all the way to include Mirage Escape and Mirage Step so everybody can use Step Jump. It would be cool if every class could do a mid air jump to so you can get a step jump after jumping and doing something in the air like Hero can do.
"Movement type PA improvements." I hope this means stuff like Ilzonde goes further, faster and cost less.
"Reduced Hitstops (Aka Hit-Pause)" About time. Stun should be dealt with as well as there's no resistance/immunity to it and almost every boss has it. Well, that probably won't happen but one can dream.
"Dudu Day" I don't know, this would have been better if it was a boost for all and not specific abilities. This should have been 10% or increase the success rates of certain abilities/relax the penalty of upslotting.

Anyway, These changes should have been implemented months before EP5/Hero came out to settle players into it, maybe more players would have stuck to their old classes than what's going on now.

They seem to have no plans (typical) to remove the clunkyness. Things like Launcher (on ground) and Rifle reloads after every 3rd shot, that weird animation when you do Zero Distance on the ground, Cosmos Breaker animation after a hit, Diffuse Shell/Grenade Shell/Piercing Shell "locking up" if you don't properly JA them; they need to remove that crap too. I talked about Ranger but those are just examples. I love Step Jump but that alone won't do much.

Masu
Sep 2, 2017, 11:38 AM
"Movement type PA improvements." I hope this means stuff like Ilzonde goes further, faster and cost less.

Safoie T-0? <_< >_>

Zorak000
Sep 2, 2017, 11:39 AM
step jump already works with mirage step, but honestly I don't feel like mirage escape even needs to work with it, but that's just me

anyway dont forget the crowned king of clunkyness: ~Wired Lance~
where Other Spin, Grapple Charge, Holding Current, and probably Heavenly Fall too will mess up horribly if the environment gemotery gets in the way of the PA's baked-in animations. also Air Pocket Swing freaking out if you are locked into the target; so when you pass through them, the game tries to turn you around to face them, but then that makes the backswing animation miss entirely.

those other PAs really need to either make the attacks adapt to how far away you initially grab the enemy (holdling current and grapple charge), or have some kind of raytrace check to adapt the attack so you dont have the attack's main damage happening outside of the level (other spin, maybe holding current too, I think heavenly fall fits in here as well) air pocket swing idk, I guess just have it disable lock-on for you when you start it; I dont really see any other easy solution, since your main target could be right in front of you, or at the very tip of your swing, or targets at both ends!

loafhero
Sep 2, 2017, 11:54 AM
Dark blast, both male and female will share the same model

Still not gonna stop fans from drawing Dark Blast with boobs.

Kintama
Sep 2, 2017, 12:07 PM
step jump already works with mirage step, but honestly I don't feel like mirage escape even needs to work with it, but that's just me

anyway dont forget the crowned king of clunkyness: ~Wired Lance~
where Other Spin, Grapple Charge, Holding Current, and probably Heavenly Fall too will mess up horribly if the environment gemotery gets in the way of the PA's baked-in animations. also Air Pocket Swing freaking out if you are locked into the target; so when you pass through them, the game tries to turn you around to face them, but then that makes the backswing animation miss entirely.

those other PAs really need to either make the attacks adapt to how far away you initially grab the enemy (holdling current and grapple charge), or have some kind of raytrace check to adapt the attack so you dont have the attack's main damage happening outside of the level (other spin, maybe holding current too, I think heavenly fall fits in here as well) air pocket swing idk, I guess just have it disable lock-on for you when you start it; I dont really see any other easy solution, since your main target could be right in front of you, or at the very tip of your swing, or targets at both ends!

You are like a little baby, if a target is too round(elder, PD, magatsu weak points) kamikaze doesn't hit and lags around instead.

oratank
Sep 2, 2017, 12:46 PM
Still not gonna stop fans from drawing Dark Blast with boobs.

no it's not Dark Blast with boobs it suppose to be like witchblade

ArcaneTechs
Sep 2, 2017, 02:31 PM
what a really lackluster stream, glad i dont stay up for these anymore. the 5% every week is pretty interesting

Dragwind
Sep 2, 2017, 03:02 PM
Some interesting changes, and honestly a bit more than I was expecting.

I don't think it's going to fully close the gap between Hr and other classes, but I also think that's not necessarily a bad thing. This should make it so that well geared (and skilled) players of old classes will definitely be able to keep up and outperform most Hr players. Of course, this all yet has to be seen as we don't exactly have a hands on experience with these changes yet or any concrete numbers to work with afaik.

yoshiblue
Sep 2, 2017, 05:46 PM
Dark Blast needs more Ride the Fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peVLto54RfM

Tymek
Sep 2, 2017, 06:01 PM
Dark Blast needs more Ride the Fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peVLto54RfM

*Foie

Sizustar
Sep 2, 2017, 09:53 PM
Now that more awake, and rewatching KMR part with more etail

Movement related
- Increase the range of Meelee weapon step - Will have the same range as HR, but the same time and same invincibility time

- Movement type PA increase range, will mainly improve PA time, Speed improvement, Il-Zonde tech and other tech will be the same

- Rolling(Shooting job) can use Step-jump ring

- Mirage dash Range and "turning" improve (TheTe buff?)

Basic Damage up
-Normal damage rate increase (Hr normal hit is almost as strong as it's PA, unlike old job, in which PA deal majority of damage)
- Hit Pause*The pause when a hit connect* decreased to make attack faster
-PP recovery increase from attacking (So old class damage output can keep up with Hr)
- Increase damage of some PA

And the specific of what KMR said is as follow

The planned change is to make the old job control smoother, even after all the balance change, it wouldn't be as easy and strong as Hr(Most Jp player don't really like KMR for this reason, since he's supposed to be here to elevate player concern)
Regarding buffing old job, we'll take player concern into consideration after this balance change(Late october) and decide whether to buff them some more to decrease the distance between old job and advance job.

Although the current Buster Quest is geared toward Hr, but we believe after the implement of the late october update(Balance and new quest?) the situation of HR #1 will be alievated, although only after one month, we see the situation of everyong nearly going Hr, but that should only be a phase in the 5/10 year total game plan.

The goal for Hero was to be strong and fun to control is our plan for Ep.5, we were worried if it was not strong enough, it won't get player interest, in the past, when new job was introduced, player flocked toward it, we believe the HR situation to be the same.

IMO~~
KMR way of talking is kind of not serious, and say what is on his mind, which some player don't like, since they feel not being taken seriously~ Most viewer on niconico and ingame felt Hamazaki should have done most of the talking

HR is fun, to play and control, but IMO~ shouldn't have been the only advanced class, even for a fantasy setting, it should have been 3, one for each Attack type focused. having even one more, would have alievated alot of player complaint, since now most people feel forced to play Hr to compete in current content.

blkbox11
Sep 2, 2017, 11:08 PM

Definitely agree with this. Some number and other minor tweaks on older classes would be fine afterwards, but not having 2~3 advanced classes from the beginning was a big mistake considering their intention of making them stronger and easier to play.

The only thing left would be people loyal to the older classes, but at least those who want to see more variety would see 2~3 classes instead of just Hero in MPAs.

Moffen
Sep 3, 2017, 12:44 AM
Normal attack buff better give wand smacks a huge boost.

Altiea
Sep 3, 2017, 12:57 AM
Normal attack buff better give wand smacks a huge boost.

It'd have to be Dragon Slayer-tier to be remotely relevant...

Zyrusticae
Sep 3, 2017, 01:08 AM
Very curious about the normal attack boost. Buffed hunter sword swings can already exceed PA DPS in some cases. Will bravers be able to slaughter enemies entirely with normal katana slashes? I can only wonder...

Xaelouse
Sep 3, 2017, 01:35 AM
There will still be redundant classes even with all those changes lol. Well better pray for the new class skills to do something about that. Techer at least still has a place in MPAs despite being at its weakest, which is impressive.

ZerotakerZX
Sep 3, 2017, 02:54 AM
There will still be redundant classes even with all those changes lol. Well better pray for the new class skills to do something about that. Techer at least still has a place in MPAs despite being at its weakest, which is impressive.

when skills gonna come?

FantasyHeaven
Sep 3, 2017, 04:23 AM
It'd have to be Dragon Slayer-tier to be remotely relevant...
Wand whacking techer is dead in the water regardless of what at this point. Even if they boosted their damage by 10x if you can't get to the enemy before it dies there is no point. Even if you miraculously get to the enemy the heroes can just blast it from afar in the time it takes for your whack animation to finish.

Zephyrion
Sep 3, 2017, 04:48 AM
Wand whacking techer is dead in the water regardless of what at this point. Even if they boosted their damage by 10x if you can't get to the enemy before it dies there is no point. Even if you miraculously get to the enemy the heroes can just blast it from afar in the time it takes for your whack animation to finish.

I don't really agree with that, since the mobility buff could also apply to techs like Ilzonde or Safoie, giving you a way to compete. Even then you could lock in as Techer/Braver and compete with Hero thanks to Guren tech cancels. Aside from normals being stronger, I still am hoping for faster swings like you (not only hitstop reduction, but startup reduction too, something similar to what Lavis Cannon got).

oratank
Sep 3, 2017, 04:55 AM

why? you don't have to hit everything on screen tho if your really want to be the first guy who hit it camp at spawn point

Zorak000
Sep 3, 2017, 11:39 AM
yeah when they said hero was an "advanced class" and looked like it was "Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series: the class", I honestly thought they were going to liken back to episode 1 and give us a few more advanced classes mid-episode. but so far all we know is that they said there won't be a new class until ep6, and even then it'll only be one. that kinda stinks to me

wondbonking is about where it's always been in an mpa situation, just extrapolated since hero's mobility allows it to beat a techer to the heart of the mobs no matter what lead the techer had. however the way I see it is like this: if the mobs are getting cleared out that fast already would it have even mattered if you were playing hero too? probably not!

techer's problems these days lie in what should they do when wandbonking isn't that effective (either from there only being a single enemy to bonk, or the mobs are highly resistant to zondeel) and a zanverse is already active. casting techs simply makes people feel like they are just a weaker force that only throws down buffs; the same applies to subbing summoner. the method of using stuff like volg and banish have also been pushed out of favor too, so techer's been left pretty high and dry without something unique and effective to use when they can't scoop up everything nearby and bonk em to oblivion. really, the easiest thing to point out is that going for solo PD clears, Effort Symbol Techer, and the phaleg s-rank title, are borderline impossible to do on techer without relying tech casting done better on force or subclass weapons.

"lmao of course the support class sucks at solo content" isnt really a good argument if they expect people to be able clear it on techer just like all of the other classes to begin with

Zyrusticae
Sep 3, 2017, 12:58 PM
TeFo just needs Element Conversion to not be main class only, and then they'd at least be fine as an alternative wind/dark/light caster class. Making that skill main class only was an incredibly boneheaded move that cemented Fo as a useless subclass, good only as a main for compound techs.

yoshiblue
Sep 3, 2017, 01:08 PM
Force tree needs a rework in general anyways. As a friend of mine said, we don't go into playing a Force to be element specialists. Still won't change because we gotta get that skill tree money though.

Zephyrion
Sep 3, 2017, 01:54 PM
TeFo just needs Element Conversion to not be main class only, and then they'd at least be fine as an alternative wind/dark/light caster class. Making that skill main class only was an incredibly boneheaded move that cemented Fo as a useless subclass, good only as a main for compound techs.

While I agree that FO as a subclass is hardly workable, I don't think that would be the solution. If anything it would make FO obsolete, especially now we get several elements per skill tree. TE would just be as strong as FO, but with supports. It would also kill wand whacking even harder, which is bad, since SEGA specifically buffed wand melee skills to TE to prevent the class from becoming a pseudo FO.

TE issues have merely been higlighted by the patch, and they were always there to begin with (lack of bossing options, being over reliant on their subclasses, redundant and one-dimensional supports). And I'd rather have those issues fixed on the TE side, since subclasses, be it FO, BR,HU or FI shouldn't be providing things that TE itself is lacking.

cheapgunner
Sep 3, 2017, 05:59 PM
While I agree that FO as a subclass is hardly workable, I don't think that would be the solution. If anything it would make FO obsolete, especially now we get several elements per skill tree. TE would just be as strong as FO, but with supports. It would also kill wand whacking even harder, which is bad, since SEGA specifically buffed wand melee skills to TE to prevent the class from becoming a pseudo FO.

TE issues have merely been higlighted by the patch, and they were always there to begin with (lack of bossing options, being over reliant on their subclasses, redundant and one-dimensional supports). And I'd rather have those issues fixed on the TE side, since subclasses, be it FO, BR,HU or FI shouldn't be providing things that TE itself is lacking.

What Techer could use is some Wand Melee PAs for wand whacking, to help it solve its Bossing dilemma and some specific skill tree skills and/or buffs. Like a skill that ties both Shifta/Deband together when you cast either, improving the buffs' duration to like 5+ mins and maybe a skill to give it a speed buff to casting, where FO can't receive if mained or subclassed to.

doomdragon83
Sep 3, 2017, 09:42 PM
What Techer could use is some Wand Melee PAs for wand whacking, to help it solve its Bossing dilemma
lol, I thought the same thing when Techer came out. The lack of Wand PAs made TE be on the boring side, and then Bouncer came out, capable of using techniques and PAs and at that point I had less hope for TE. Sega seems to want TE to be a support focus class in a game where it would be welcomed but not a necessity.

Altiea
Sep 3, 2017, 10:35 PM
I think there's sort of a catch-22 with Techer in the sense that they can't really give it buffs that aren't straight damage/utility buffs without skewing the TE meta (and by extension, the entire meta) in some way. Wand missed the PA train a long time ago, so no dice there. Buffs to its support utilities that are game-changers would invoke Character Select Forcing, which we already know was a huge mistake (pre-EP5 Ranger and Techer). Giving it a Skill that boosts Tech damage would more or less make it a FO clone that has a different weapon and can mob without wasting PP.

It also marks a problem with the game design in and of itself, since most of the game is balanced around being able to take pretty much any class and do content with it without having to rely on other players playing specific roles, but at the same time this makes some classes unviable because when everyone is capable, some classes are just straight up better than doing stuff than others.

Moffen
Sep 3, 2017, 11:16 PM
I wish they'd just add weapons to the game to existing classes.
Give TE a goddamn whip or something and a skill that removes enemy resistances to zondeel.

escarlata
Sep 4, 2017, 12:38 AM
Honestly I think Wand smacking with Te is pretty balanced as it is and all Te really needs is to make their other -main-class weapon- (Talis) into one where they actually use. (So envisioning wand for mobs, Talis for bosses)

Imo the only thing Te really needs is just shifting Talis skills (Talis Bonus and Talis Throw Speed) from Fo tree to Te tree. Te tree doesn't really have that much skills to add so there's more than enough points to add to those anyway, and is a decent buff to Te/Br or Te/Fi. Bonus point if they make a Talis gear with some interesting effects.

rawwk
Sep 4, 2017, 05:12 AM
What does Arks fever do?

Ezodagrom
Sep 4, 2017, 06:21 AM
Te/Fo wise, I think something that could work, instead of making element converstion not main class only, a Te main only skill that increases techs damage at close/mid range (I guess at most around gifoie range or something, and, maybe include wands explosions too)?
Or a skill that increases techs damage depending on how close the Te is to an enemy, more damage at very close range,and the further away the enemy is, the lower the boost gets?

Something to buff caster Te/Fo while keeping Fo/Te with a different role and keeping it relevant.

cheapgunner
Sep 4, 2017, 07:44 AM
lol, I thought the same thing when Techer came out. The lack of Wand PAs made TE be on the boring side, and then Bouncer came out, capable of using techniques and PAs and at that point I had less hope for TE. Sega seems to want TE to be a support focus class in a game where it would be welcomed but not a necessity.

It's easy to make TE' support to be viable and a necessity: Just remove a plethora of buffs they give to all existing classes to where a 12/12 lv 80 party isn't steamrolling everything weak bullet or not. Buffs for maxxing a class, to certain pas and overall balance it a bit where shifta/deband does a bit more noticeable amount from a TE than without and/or on a class like BO or Hr.

Some of the buffs they gave to weapons and classes in the last couple years were wholly unnecassry imho.

AnikaSteinberg
Sep 4, 2017, 07:45 AM
a Te main only skill that increases techs damage at close/mid range

Applying the exact same philosophy of Gunner for Ranger (zero ranger) and Fighter for Hunter (snatch combat) in Techer for Force?
There SEGA, there's your simplest, laziest, but concrete idea of how the class would actually work.

As for me, if SEGA really won't create brand new mechanics for Techer, I'd simply like to have a skill that can convert element masteries into something that can also be applied for melee attacks.

Not sure how would that work with a Te/Fo (Force's own masteries in particular) though.

[SPOILER-BOX]
(Smacking, as boring as it may seem to be without flashy animations, is actually so much more dynamic with step tempos and whack count values, at least for me. Even more so if you include recent melee-ish techs such as ramegid T0, safoie T0 and nabarta T0 in the close combat mix. Certainly beats blindly using Guren Tessen, Satellite Shot, Ragrants etc. ad infinitum every single time)[/SPOILER-BOX]

final_attack
Sep 4, 2017, 08:16 AM
Oh btw, about this buff .....
I heard it's just part 1?

Does part 2 come before this buff applied, or we'll get 2nd part after this buff applied? :o

Cyber Meteor
Sep 4, 2017, 08:54 AM
After, as they'll use the feedback from players after part 1 to make the part 2, so expect some months gap between 1st part and 2nd part

final_attack
Sep 4, 2017, 09:25 AM
After, as they'll use the feedback from players after part 1 to make the part 2, so expect some months gap between 1st part and 2nd part

Ah, all right, thanks.

Great Pan
Sep 4, 2017, 06:57 PM
Man, just you guys ditch those old, sluggish classes and become a Hero. The world need heroes, just like Overwatch!

Meteor Weapon
Sep 4, 2017, 10:31 PM
Heroes never die huh

Sizustar
Sep 4, 2017, 11:43 PM
Heroes never die huh

All current episode 5 content planned are tailed toward Hero, thus there is no plan to nerf, or remove hero for the current planned content, with episode 6, and the next advanced class, then we'll see.

RadiantLegend
Sep 5, 2017, 09:56 AM
People flocked to new classes because they were new, yes I agree but then after leveling said class not everyone was that same class. Everyone will remain hero because it's that much better than everything else.

Also will dragonslayer weaponoid pot benefit from normal attack boost? Surely they will figure it out before implementing right?

Shinamori
Sep 5, 2017, 10:45 AM
People flocked to new classes because they were new, yes I agree but then after leveling said class not everyone was that same class. Everyone will remain hero because it's that much better than everything else.

Also will dragonslayer weaponoid pot benefit from normal attack boost? Surely they will figure it out before implementing right?

It doesn't work with Hero already.