Source?

Nintendo Direct.

Kintama
Sep 13, 2017, 05:47 PM
SFDSDGN ? . GH?6TI7TVTFI7 GKHKKGU

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHH *running naked*

Nulve
Sep 13, 2017, 05:57 PM
Eww, it's the cloud version. PC remains the best place to play PSO2, confirmed.

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 13, 2017, 06:06 PM
ew god oh why? bad enough we have to share servers with PS4 players that are normally awful

Zorak000
Sep 13, 2017, 06:08 PM
so I guess the client will be ran on machines at SEGA, and they will be streamed to your switch. this means the switch version will never need to update for the most part, but input lag could be terrible

oh I hear they did this with the 3ds version of dragon quest X whenever that happened and it didnt go well. hopefully the tech has improved since then

Altiea
Sep 13, 2017, 06:19 PM
The PSO2 Dislike Bomb Curse strikes again. Funny how that works.

Also, has cloud gaming ever been... good? I don't ever remember cloud gaming working out for anyone.

Zorak000
Sep 13, 2017, 06:26 PM
in this case it'd be about wifi strength; and I guess sega thinks ESC-A towers are a real thing lol

Kondibon
Sep 13, 2017, 06:54 PM
Also, has cloud gaming ever been... good? I don't ever remember cloud gaming working out for anyone.I think it works for Japan because japanese internet isn't a bunch of noodles tied in knots across an entire continent.

Zorak000
Sep 13, 2017, 07:17 PM
I think it works for Japan because japanese internet isn't a bunch of noodles tied in knots across an entire continent.

I hear it's just one big mega-ultra-knot there; Japan ISP do not adhere to global standards or something, which is how that whole situation after the DDoS attack happened. SoJ's ISP altered the IP addresses of the servers to something the global standards are set to ignore completely, kind of "smart" on their end, but it's like cutting off your own arm just to fix a hangnail on your pinky finger

Renvalt
Sep 13, 2017, 07:32 PM
I hear it's just one big mega-ultra-knot there; Japan ISP do not adhere to global standards or something, which is how that whole situation after the DDoS attack happened. SoJ's ISP altered the IP addresses of the servers to something the global standards are set to ignore completely, kind of "smart" on their end, but it's like cutting off your own arm just to fix a hangnail on your pinky finger

Not surprising. Japan still has folks who reject the idea that the world is bigger than their nation alone (not to mention Sega of Japan seems to look down on the other branches as well, like a snobby ass oujo-sama who clearly needs a wake-up beating).

Of course, considering that my nation (the USA) still has people who think China = all of Asia, I may or may not have any right to be snapping at Japan for this.

Either way...

At least we know where the ep5 budget went now.

The EP5 budget was simply SEGA's execs realizing they could make more mawnies if they took a mobile format and nickle and dimed their playerbase. After all, dem otakus LOVE splurging on their anime waifus via Gachapon, right? You see it in other "mobile" games - it worked there, so it MUST work here, right?

.... God I hate having to mock corporations sometimes - even if I feel it's fucking necessary.

SteveCZ
Sep 13, 2017, 07:59 PM
I am not in Japan which should be great having this in there, so not approve!

Meteor Weapon
Sep 13, 2017, 08:06 PM
I hope this thing isn't gonna pull back any potential content they could've done with the game but....whatever.

Altiea
Sep 13, 2017, 08:53 PM
Well, if we're to look on the bright side, you can download... er, this, by just having a Japanese NNID. In theory, it should be the same deal as Monster Hunter XX, the demo of which people were able to download by having a Japanese NNID.

ZerotakerZX
Sep 13, 2017, 11:04 PM
It sounds stupid only to me? Like, why cloud? Vita could handle the game client, switch should be able too. And if they gonna invent a cloud, why not make available to other platforms too?

Zorak000
Sep 13, 2017, 11:08 PM
I think SoJ is still mad at SoA for that whole thing with the 32X and Saturn kinda competing against each other

Raujinn
Sep 13, 2017, 11:31 PM
I mean you could play it outside of Japan perhaps... though even if you could you'd have to put up with 200ms+ of input lag and stream delay if you're in the west so good luck playing with that!

huck
Sep 13, 2017, 11:51 PM
ew god oh why? bad enough we have to share servers with PS4 players that are normally awful

PC player's are usually the one posting hentai and praising Hitler in B1

Altiea
Sep 13, 2017, 11:54 PM
It sounds stupid only to me? Like, why cloud? Vita could handle the game client, switch should be able too. And if they gonna invent a cloud, why not make available to other platforms too?

The Vita version requires a 32GB memory card to play without a Game Card, and that's with super downgraded graphics and stuff. The Switch only has 32GB internal memory period, so...

EDIT: Apparently Dragon Quest Heroes already doesn't fit on the internal memory, so you've got me there.

ZerotakerZX
Sep 14, 2017, 12:05 AM
The Vita version requires a 32GB memory card to play without a Game Card, and that's with super downgraded graphics and stuff. The Switch only has 32GB internal memory period, so...

EDIT: Apparently Dragon Quest Heroes already doesn't fit on the internal memory, so you've got me there.

I think switch supports microSD cards. Now we know why. Even some gamecart games requeirs additional chunks of data on microsd.

loafhero
Sep 14, 2017, 12:12 AM
Was excited about a Switch port since I have a Switch but now I'm really disappointed its done through cloud streaming. Then again, a full port wouldn't be possible because PSO2's file size would eat up the Switch file capacity without getting a micro SD card. I think this is the reason for the mass dislikes on the JP side.

Altiea
Sep 14, 2017, 12:13 AM
Was excited about a Switch port since I have a Switch but now I'm really disappointed its done through cloud streaming. Then again, a full port wouldn't be possible because PSO2's file size would eat up the Switch file capacity without getting a micro SD card. I think this is the reason for the mass dislikes on the JP side.

Every official PSO2 trailer seems to get dislike bombed nowadays, so it's not much of an indication of anything. But I can imagine the cloud streaming having something to do with it.

Ryno
Sep 14, 2017, 12:23 AM
game has been out for 5 years. time for another next gen of phantasy star. then put it in gaming system wise. lol.

SteveCZ
Sep 14, 2017, 12:35 AM
Every official PSO2 trailer seems to get dislike bombed nowadays, so it's not much of an indication of anything. But I can imagine the cloud streaming having something to do with it.

^

This haha. Pretty much almost all their videos are disliked by at least 40%. Except Hero of course! ;)

Altiea
Sep 14, 2017, 12:37 AM
game has been out for 5 years. time for another next gen of phantasy star. then put it in gaming system wise. lol.

Where were you when like, a bunch of people quoted SEGA saying that PSO2 has a projected lifespan of 10 years?

yoshiblue
Sep 14, 2017, 12:45 AM
Running marathons and other life related things.

Ryno
Sep 14, 2017, 12:49 AM
Where were you when like, a bunch of people quoted SEGA saying that PSO2 has a projected lifespan of 10 years?

I was not around. but I'm present every now. I just don't post much like I used to. I just lurk . but it's a "just saying" :)

Ryno
Sep 14, 2017, 12:50 AM
Running marathons and other life related things.

what Yoshi blue said. RL stuff

Altiea
Sep 14, 2017, 01:07 AM
what Yoshi blue said. RL stuff

Oh, my bad. Sorry about that.

Cyclon
Sep 14, 2017, 01:35 AM
That is a lot of dislikes indeed. Has pso2 become their Call of duty or something?

Somehow I saw this announcement coming. Not the cloud stuff though. Apart from that, I have to use third party software to play correctly with a gamepad on PC, not to sure I'd want to play on Switch just because of the lower amount of buttons available.

Altiea
Sep 14, 2017, 02:00 AM
That is a lot of dislikes indeed. Has pso2 become their Call of duty or something?

Somehow I saw this announcement coming. Not the cloud stuff though. Apart from that, I have to use third party software to play correctly with a gamepad on PC, not to sure I'd want to play on Switch just because of the lower amount of buttons available.

You should see the Like/Dislike ratio for September 20th update trailer. It's much worse than the PSO2 Cloud trailer.

oslash
Sep 14, 2017, 02:19 AM
Not surprising. Japan still has folks who reject the idea that the world is bigger than their nation alone (not to mention Sega of Japan seems to look down on the other branches as well, like a snobby ass oujo-sama who clearly needs a wake-up beating).

Of course, considering that my nation (the USA) still has people who think China = all of Asia, I may or may not have any right to be snapping at Japan for this.

well... im from south america
to me playing on japanese or usa servers are kinda the same if it werent because the language barrier
i think i can say that my country gets ip blocked more often from usa servers than from japanese ones when it comes to games
also the problem from japan is that for them, everyone is the same as the americans, and no offense but USA isnt the best role model there to have

going back to the topic, this cloud streaming is bad and its destined to fail
i mean pso2 is a F2P game and they are not charging any fees to use the service
their servers wont hold up for the maintenance costs
and i highly doubt that having a cloud service will boost their AC sales enough to make for it

they might be able to use this as a test on how well would a pso2 port on switch would do and then actually make it, but i dont think sega works that way
i just hope they dont blame the switch on how bad this ends for them

isCasted
Sep 14, 2017, 02:42 AM
SEGA: spends money on servers that run the client of their F2P game hoping someone would tolerate 60-80ms input lag in an action game enough to pay for microtransactions.

Also SEGA: charges large price for material storage because it "puts excessive load on their servers".

Meteor Weapon
Sep 14, 2017, 04:36 AM
Also SEGA: charges large price for material storage because it "puts excessive load on their servers".

Wait seriously?

JCGamer
Sep 14, 2017, 05:33 AM
yay now nintedo want in the sega PSO2 action AWESOME :D and yet no USA release for us poor basters haha FUCK SEGA XD

SteveCZ
Sep 14, 2017, 05:48 AM
SEGA: spends money on servers that run the client of their F2P game hoping someone would tolerate 60-80ms input lag in an action game enough to pay for microtransactions.

Japan itself is like 4ms latency btw. So not for us. ;)

ZerotakerZX
Sep 14, 2017, 07:50 AM
yay now nintedo want in the sega PSO2 action AWESOME :D and yet no USA release for us poor basters haha FUCK SEGA XD
geez, why would somebody even care for us/eu release by that point?

jooozek
Sep 14, 2017, 10:41 AM
is public wifi everywhere even a thing in glorious nippon? switch doesnt have mobile phone internet from what i understand so i don't really get it

Cyclon
Sep 14, 2017, 11:24 AM
geez, why would somebody even care for us/eu release by that point?
Because they don't know what we know. They just see a game they want to play and assume they can't.

landman
Sep 14, 2017, 11:33 AM
Nice to have pso2 on more systems, and since this is not even a port, just an app to send commands and receive video, I don't think they will have to worry about porting, at all, unlike Vita, so Episode 5's content sucks on its own, not because of this.

is public wifi everywhere even a thing in glorious nippon? switch doesnt have mobile phone internet from what i understand so i don't really get it

I think nihonjin have their own wifi on their pocket or something like that, like sharing your phone's connection but a device that exclusivelly does that.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 14, 2017, 12:58 PM
so since the switch has some heating issues with bending the tablet portion of it (while docked) does that mean we're gonna see some meltdowns going on? (as optomized as this game is) hopefully we can link our US accounts like the PS4 can. Physical Cartridge would be nice

jooozek
Sep 14, 2017, 03:29 PM
Nice to have pso2 on more systems, and since this is not even a port, just an app to send commands and receive video, I don't think they will have to worry about porting, at all, unlike Vita, so Episode 5's content sucks on its own, not because of this.

I think nihonjin have their own wifi on their pocket or something like that, like sharing your phone's connection but a device that exclusivelly does that.

oh true, even android can do that since like 2.0 or something

isCasted
Sep 14, 2017, 03:40 PM
so since the switch has some heating issues with bending the tablet portion of it (while docked) does that mean we're gonna see some meltdowns going on? (as optomized as this game is) hopefully we can link our US accounts like the PS4 can. Physical Cartridge would be nice

It's streamed. Like PSNow.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 14, 2017, 04:33 PM
It's streamed. Like PSNow.
kinda obvious

Saffran
Sep 15, 2017, 10:30 AM
If it's obvious that it's a stream, why were you asking for a cartridge?

ArcaneTechs
Sep 15, 2017, 02:47 PM
If it's obvious that it's a stream, why were you asking for a cartridge?
not everyone has perfect wi-fi/internet, thats obviously what im getting at. i dont have a prob playing this way but i prefer less hassle if my ISP wants to be crappy for a day

Nulve
Sep 15, 2017, 05:27 PM
PC player's are usually the one posting hentai and praising Hitler in B1
PS4 users would behave the same if they could install the English patch and play.

Alenoir
Sep 16, 2017, 05:05 PM
not everyone has perfect wi-fi/internet, thats obviously what im getting at. i dont have a prob playing this way but i prefer less hassle if my ISP wants to be crappy for a day

It won't, because it's streaming to your system entirely.

Meteor Weapon
Sep 16, 2017, 09:15 PM
The complaints about it being stream are irrelevant for foreigners tbh, considering....this seems obvious for Japan's speedy internet only. Unless....some people over there have crappy network as well.

AlphaBlob
Sep 18, 2017, 05:04 PM
If there's a cartridge, it's probably just for a premium edition with some item code, Mario hat and Master Sword camo anyone?

NightfallG
Sep 19, 2017, 04:14 PM
The complaints about it being stream are irrelevant for foreigners tbh, considering....this seems obvious for Japan's speedy internet only. Unless....some people over there have crappy network as well.

Japan has dense cities, but I could imagine rural customers running into issues the same way they do anywhere else.

Zipzo
Sep 29, 2017, 07:46 AM
Amazing internet is not some kind of universal trait here (in Japan), despite the seeming general sentiment.

Yes, there are a lot of public hotspots [in Tokyo] such as train stations (the stations, not actually on the trains) or foreigner-dense areas (like shopping centers in Tokyo) but these types of places are not ones you're likely to see anybody on a Nintendo Switch, and especially not utilizing the the connection for a wifi-required game, as these connections are often pretty mediocre (10mb or less down and non-existent up).

Wifi-boxes are neat but a native Japanese person has no use for it. These are mostly a thing visitors and foreigners get/rent in order to mimic having a phone while they are in Japan, because most people use LINE to text, even nationally/locally.

Now in terms of internet you can have at home, yeah, it's pretty good if you pay for it. Fiber internet is obviously of pretty good quality, although none of the amazingly high numbers they promise are usually ever the actual case. They carefully say "up to" in almost all circumstances in which you're getting hikari internet (fiber optic).

What this means is that 1gig of down and 1gig of up is, 99% of the time, giving you anywhere from 75-200 down and similar for up, because fiber is actually forced to share its connection with everyone in your building who is also using fiber. So unless you're the only human in an apartment building using fiber, you're unlikely to ever experience what it's like to actually have a gig down and up as your consistent connection. None of this is to say that the internet isn't great compared to american options, but it's not the ridiculous chasm of greatness that seems to be presumed.

On the topic of PSO2 coming to switch, initially it has my interest because I do have a switch...but the fact that it's cloud is still a huge "wtf" considering the game runs on the vita and nobody cares about that console.

Japan or not, this is a really, extremely odd decision by them to make it a streaming-only accessible game.

D-Inferno
Sep 29, 2017, 08:12 AM
I honestly think that PSO2 Switch being cloud-based is just Sega either being really lazy and cheap to do a proper, or that PSO2's successor is not far of (is PSO2 still making a ton of money?).

Kintama
Sep 29, 2017, 12:22 PM
I honestly think that PSO2 Switch being cloud-based is just Sega either being really lazy and cheap to do a proper, or that PSO2's successor is not far of (is PSO2 still making a ton of money?).

Hey, Switch only has 32 Gigs of memory

Raujinn
Sep 29, 2017, 12:50 PM
PSO3 or whatever it'll turn out to be is some way off yet most likely. If I were to pull numbers out of my ass, we might see mentions of alpha testing in like 3 -4 years.

Saligun
Oct 10, 2017, 12:45 AM
Yea!But will the USA get this or will we get left out again?

Meteor Weapon
Oct 10, 2017, 01:22 AM

not sure if sarcasm but stop asking about a US version.

Altiea
Oct 10, 2017, 02:36 AM

Make a Japanese NNID on your Switch and download it from the Japanese eShop. That's the closest you're gonna get.

Tymek
Dec 15, 2017, 04:41 PM
I'll be sure to update the original post with any missing and new information tomorrow.

lostinseganet
Dec 16, 2017, 03:52 PM

They are still scared by the hacking of the sega dreamcast version. That is why they want to stream it. That is why they do not want the west too dirty it with evil hacks.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 16, 2017, 06:25 PM
They are still scared by the hacking of the sega dreamcast version. That is why they want to stream it. That is why they do not want the west too dirty it with evil hacks.
wild imagination you got there, they could easily do the same on PC but its not rampant but it isnt their reason for not releasing it to the West either

Sonickyle27
Dec 17, 2017, 11:52 AM

I seriously doubt that SEGA are still "scared" by this, considering that the Vita and PS4 versions are not cloud based and can be played without issue wherever there isn't an IP block.

The streaming aspect of the Switch version is either because they haven't the resources to port, support, and test the engine on yet another platform (after all, every update needs to be tested before publically released), or they're lazy; this is SEGA we're talking about here.

Sirius-91
Dec 17, 2017, 05:06 PM
I seriously doubt that SEGA are still "scared" by this, considering that the Vita and PS4 versions are not cloud based and can be played without issue wherever there isn't an IP block.

The streaming aspect of the Switch version is either because they haven't the resources to port, support, and test the engine on yet another platform (after all, every update needs to be tested before publically released), or they're lazy; this is SEGA we're talking about here.
Nintendo isn't too keen on multi-platform multiplayer games mixing outside the nintendo ecosystem, so sega needed a middleman server to handle the nintendo network junk, not to mention the technical limitations of the Switch, though it's not the graphics holding them back, but the storage requirements.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 17, 2017, 06:34 PM
Nintendo isn't too keen on multi-platform multiplayer games mixing outside the nintendo ecosystem, so sega needed a middleman server to handle the nintendo network junk, not to mention the technical limitations of the Switch, though it's not the graphics holding them back, but the storage requirements.
dont you mean Sony isnt keen on this? everyone is starting to cross-platform with different games except for Sony who doesnt want to

i would blame switch specs and storage, who knows if my Switch will melt for w/e reason if I played this as a main platform for pso2

MegaMettaurX
Dec 17, 2017, 06:51 PM
yeah but it's also expansive and it's dirt cheap to expand it. the PSVita's version of PSO2 isn't nearly as large as the foot print it leaves on PC

Sirius-91
Dec 17, 2017, 06:52 PM
dont you mean Sony isnt keen on this? everyone is starting to cross-platform with different games except for Sony who doesnt want to

i would blame switch specs and storage, who knows if my Switch will melt for w/e reason if I played this as a main platform for pso2

There's another reason, but that'll be for another time down the years, perhaps when this game is dead. But alas, it's a reason enough for sega to have a middleman server.

ratatosk
Dec 17, 2017, 09:58 PM

I mean the vita can handle it so i don't see why switch cant/wouldn't be able to. And vita memory cards are more expensive to buy than switch memory cards.

If anything i feel like sony had a hand in this by paying sega off to not fully support a switch version leading to the cloud version being a thing only for the switch.

MegaMettaurX
Dec 23, 2017, 10:16 AM

Stop that. This is not your elitist game. It's a damn MMO.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 26, 2017, 09:32 PM
There's another reason, but that'll be for another time down the years, perhaps when this game is dead. But alas, it's a reason enough for sega to have a middleman server.
super late but this is cryptic which even then it only reminds me of said "contracts" Sega may or may not have made, care to go into more detail?

I mean the vita can handle it so i don't see why switch cant/wouldn't be able to. And vita memory cards are more expensive to buy than switch memory cards.

If anything i feel like sony had a hand in this by paying sega off to not fully support a switch version leading to the cloud version being a thing only for the switch.
Vita is a way more downgraded version and ya basically runs off card where as the Switch isnt and I'm your well aware of Switch issues like the tablet warping from heat over time.

Stop that. This is not your elitist game. It's a damn MMO.
theres that word again

Meta77
Dec 29, 2017, 03:03 PM
Thankfully the switch version will be in its own block and not cross play

Tymek
Mar 8, 2018, 05:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At1-p61IvDo

pika2525
Mar 8, 2018, 06:02 PM
Excuse me.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sorry about that.

Well, guess I know what my 17th character is gonna be.

kurokyosuke
Mar 8, 2018, 06:30 PM
I wonder if the Master Sword weapon camo will have a bow, too. From what I could tell, it works for sword, double saber, katana, and gunslash.

Kintama
Mar 8, 2018, 06:38 PM
I wonder if the Master Sword weapon camo will have a bow, too. From what I could tell, it works for sword, double saber, katana, and gunslash.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dark Mits
Mar 8, 2018, 07:47 PM
Did the video explain if said camo will be available only on Switch mode? Will it be free for all? Will it require logging in from Switch and be bound to character/account?

Great Pan
Mar 8, 2018, 11:38 PM
Why some dude with long ears? Nintendo's representive should always be Mario!

0/10 Shit collab for no Mario.

the_importer_
Mar 9, 2018, 12:20 AM
SEGA's online game on Nintendo's online services, what could possibility go wrong?

Rukyius
Mar 10, 2018, 08:43 AM
I can already feel the lag. Side note, randomly day dreaming of a PSO VR with big lobbies for everyone to hang out in. Lol

Yoona
Mar 10, 2018, 09:00 AM
Side note, randomly day dreaming of a PSO VR with big lobbies for everyone to hang out in. Lol

90% sure there are some PSO lobbies in VR Chat if you wanna live that dream.

Rukyius
Mar 10, 2018, 09:15 AM
90% sure there are some PSO lobbies in VR Chat if you wanna live that dream.

Probably but I'd still need my PSO missions too.
Dang anime influenced fantasies lmao.

Aeternus
Mar 12, 2018, 11:50 AM
Cool news! Looks like i'll be finally out of PSO retirement!

landman
Mar 12, 2018, 03:39 PM
Have they announced how to get the goods? some exclusive CO like Toro and Kuro perhaps? I'm really curious to know how laggy it will be connecting from yuropa

I can already feel the lag. Side note, randomly day dreaming of a PSO VR with big lobbies for everyone to hang out in. Lol

You could always play PSO2 in VR (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?225799-PSO2-Virtual-Connect-v2-0-Player-Character-Rigging!&highlight=oculus)

Anduril
Mar 12, 2018, 06:03 PM
Have they announced how to get the goods? some exclusive CO like Toro and Kuro perhaps? I'm really curious to know how laggy it will be connecting from yuropa

From bumped:

You can obtain these items by first logging into PSO2 Cloud, then clearing Titles based on your progress.

jooozek
Mar 12, 2018, 08:43 PM
Cool news! Looks like i'll be finally out of PSO retirement!

yeah dont think so :wacko:

Meteor Weapon
Mar 12, 2018, 11:44 PM
lol people still waiting for english version?

Arada
Mar 13, 2018, 02:39 AM
lol people still waiting for english version?

No but apparently, people are still expecting they can play the Switch version from outside Japan.
They should prepare for disappoitment.

ZER0 DX
Mar 14, 2018, 01:19 AM
Switch is region free, and it's even less difficult to set up a Japanese user account on it than it is to do so on PS4 and Vita. I doubt it's going to be an issue.

Anduril
Mar 14, 2018, 01:22 AM
Switch is region free, and it's even less difficult to set up a Japanese user account on it than it is to do so on PS4 and Vita. I doubt it's going to be an issue.

I think its more of a question of latency since it is basically streaming the game; I imagine it will be playable, but precision timing for things like dodging may suffer somewhat.

ZER0 DX
Mar 14, 2018, 01:32 AM
I think its more of a question of latency since it is basically streaming the game; I imagine it will be playable, but precision timing for things like dodging may suffer somewhat.

Oh, most likely, but I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to get all the rewards from it and then never touch the switch version again.

Geistritter
Mar 14, 2018, 02:51 AM
The game in its current state has all enemy/player interactions check client-side first anyway, so latency doesn't affect things like dodging. There's no reason to expect the Switch version to be different in this regard.

isCasted
Mar 14, 2018, 03:13 AM
Yeah, no reason... except for the fact that that it's openly stated to be streamed, that they posted schematics showing how it's going to work and that the download size is 30 MB.

EDIT: heck, CLOUD is in the freaking name even. You'd think that'd make people at least think a bit and try to read about it instead of just assuming it's going to be magic.

Geistritter
Mar 14, 2018, 03:33 AM
Why does that have anything to do with the fact that enemy/player interactions are client-side?

I'll give you a hint: It doesn't. It's not like the console doesn't have RAM.

Kondibon
Mar 14, 2018, 03:57 AM
Why does that have anything to do with the fact that enemy/player interactions are client-side?Because the client isn't being run on the switch, it's being run on a server in japan, and you're just streaming it. That means, not only are you going to have normal distance lag, you're also going to have input lag.

isCasted
Mar 14, 2018, 03:58 AM
...what would be the advantage of having hit detection and other shit being on the client if the rendering is done by the server? Having it work like that not only would complicate the architecture to a ridiculous degree, it would also increase bandwidth usage. And with all of that the latency is still going to be just as bad if not worse. An image that a player sees is delayed based on the distance between the player and the machine that does the rendering, no matter what. Giving the client an ability to predict the game's state gives no advantage whatsoever if the client can't convey the prediction to the player and let them adjust their thinking accordingly.

Dark Mits
Mar 14, 2018, 04:28 AM
The game in its current state has all enemy/player interactions check client-side first anyway, so latency doesn't affect things like dodging. There's no reason to expect the Switch version to be different in this regard.Actually it does. The Switch does not perform any computations at all. It only projects what calculations are done on the true client, which is the Switch middleserver. To make the analogy better to understand, the Switch is only your monitor and keyboard/mouse/joypad. The Switch servers are your PC/PS4/Vita. All commands you do (open menus, chat, move, attack, dodge etc.) are sent through the internet to the Switch servers, they are processed there as a client, then they are sent to the actual PSO2 servers for synchronization etc, then the PSO2 servers send information back to the Switch server, and the Switch server sends the image to your device.

wefwq
Mar 14, 2018, 05:00 AM
The game in its current state has all enemy/player interactions check client-side first anyway, so latency doesn't affect things like dodging. There's no reason to expect the Switch version to be different in this regard.
It's only valid IF the game itself rendered on your own machine and doesn't involve internet-based input lag.
Your switch will be like wireless controller & monitor but it'll use internet connection, and your packet will be send across the globe rather than local environment.

Geistritter
Mar 14, 2018, 06:04 AM
That's an awfully illogical way to do it regardless of where you are in the world, honestly.

Dark Mits
Mar 14, 2018, 06:29 AM
That's an awfully illogical way to do it regardless of where you are in the world, honestly.It's the only "viable" solution Sega has outside of forcing potential players to purchase a 128GB memory to be used exclusively for PSO2 and PSO2 alone. And the price of that is, at least in my area, the equivalent of US$ 45. Not only that, but the Switch is not as powerful as PS4, so it would have to show significantly low quality graphics, and require recharging too often which is not something you want for an online game that you can't pause.

wefwq
Mar 14, 2018, 06:44 AM
That's an awfully illogical way to do it regardless of where you are in the world, honestly.
They probably take a note of what went wrong with Vita version and decide to make Cloud version instead of regular client.

landman
Mar 14, 2018, 07:23 AM
It's only advantages for the (Japanese) user, they don't need to keep the game updated and the console will not overheat. On the other hand, it makes it worse to play it wireless, unless Japan has mobile connections that match whatever internet connection from the future they have at home.

Geistritter
Mar 14, 2018, 02:04 PM
They probably take a note of what went wrong with Vita version and decide to make Cloud version instead of regular client.

Sure, but there being nothing client-side isn't much better for most people.

Granted, something I didn't consider until now is that the internet in most of Japan is quite a bit spiffier than most parts of even the first world, and the version is likely being built around that fact, but it still seems like going from one extreme to the other is ripe for unforeseen problems.

Tymek
Mar 29, 2018, 06:09 AM
I am content knowing that once I get a Switch, I will finally be able to play PSO2 the way it was intended to be played.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/916xw-c5wYL._SL1500_.jpg

the_importer_
Mar 29, 2018, 09:51 AM
I am content knowing that once I get a Switch, I will finally be able to play PSO2 the way it was intended to be played.

I'd pay to see you playing this while walking outside with the Switch docked on the keyboard somehow.

Meteor Weapon
Mar 29, 2018, 10:15 AM
That keyboard is compatible with switch?

Tymek
Mar 29, 2018, 10:20 AM
I'd pay to see you playing this while walking outside with the Switch docked on the keyboard somehow.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61gemb-UuAL._SL1000_.jpg
https://i0.wp.com/nintendosoup.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/switch_neck_accessory_1.png?resize=499%2C420&ssl=1

That keyboard is compatible with switch?

Well, the controller part is thanks to the ability to connect the Wii U Gamecube Controller Adapter, but I'm not sure about the keyboard part.

the_importer_
Mar 30, 2018, 10:02 PM
Oh this is gonna suck so many balls, poor Switch owners: http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-cloud-limitations/

ZER0 DX
Mar 30, 2018, 10:59 PM
Gross. Glad I only need to log on to it to grab the switch exclusive bonuses and then never touch it again.

wefwq
Mar 30, 2018, 11:32 PM
PS4/Vita can meet with Cloud players through my room and t room but can't even chat?
That's very strange choice of design considering they can meet up and all.

EvilMag
Mar 30, 2018, 11:35 PM
blame Sony on that. They've been pretty bitchy about not wanting cross platform play with other consoles.

Dark Mits
Mar 31, 2018, 03:34 AM
For some reason, I believe that the "Logout after 15mins of inactivity" rule should be implemented in every system, except it doesn't log you out, but instead transfer you to an empty block or your room. So many people who are afk sleeping or whatever near the counter in full blocks during EQs.

But this restriction of not allowing Switch and PS players to even chat is outright... can't even find the proper word. It's like "Why do you even allow everyone to be on the same server if you do not want them to be on the same server?"

the_importer_
Mar 31, 2018, 06:50 AM
For some reason, I believe that the "Logout after 15mins of inactivity" rule should be implemented in every system, except it doesn't log you out, but instead transfer you to an empty block or your room. So many people who are afk sleeping or whatever near the counter in full blocks during EQs.

But this restriction of not allowing Switch and PS players to even chat is outright... can't even find the proper word. It's like "Why do you even allow everyone to be on the same server if you do not want them to be on the same server?"

But what about my meh sexy dance move that I paid 50m for, no one will be able to see it if I get sent to my room or an empty block :p

Tymek
Apr 1, 2018, 08:07 AM
Just a little over two days left!

FaithY
Apr 2, 2018, 02:25 PM
Just a little over two days left!

FYI - Pso 2 Could is now available for download via the Japanese eShop. I just downloaded the 34.6MB file from the Nintendo eShop! :D

the_importer_
Apr 2, 2018, 02:30 PM
FYI - Pso 2 Could is now available for download via the Japanese eShop. I just downloaded the 34.6MB file from the Nintendo eShop! :D

Been available for over a week now I believe. I borrowed my friend's Swtich last Friday, created a Japanese account and downloaded the client which doesn't do much at the moment.

Dark Mits
Apr 2, 2018, 05:22 PM
Who's ready for emergency maintenances to fix some last-minute problems that weren't found during beta testing?

the_importer_
Apr 2, 2018, 08:30 PM
Who's ready for emergency maintenances to fix some last-minute problems that weren't found during beta testing?

Not only am I 95% certain that we're getting an early maintenance this week, but I'm 70% sure that we're getting a last minute maintenance less than 3 days after because of that stupid cloud version.

Dugs
Apr 2, 2018, 08:45 PM
Well, they already announced when the upcoming maintenance will be, which is indeed early.

2 AM in Japan, ends at the same general time. Assuming nothing happened. So we're looking at a minimum of a 15 hour maintenance.

Tymek
Apr 3, 2018, 12:00 PM
Maintenance has commenced. When next you wake, you will find a Link's awakening.

Electrochemist
Apr 3, 2018, 01:39 PM
(curious) If I was to go out and purchase a switch, how would I then get the game to work so I can get the bonuses? :D

Tymek
Apr 3, 2018, 01:47 PM
(curious) If I was to go out and purchase a switch, how would I then get the game to work so I can get the bonuses? :D

I'm not trying to be all judgy here, but are you saying that you are considering purchasing a Switch for PSO2 Cloud?"

There is not much you have to do. Create a Japanese Nintendo Account, download the PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 CLOUD client from the Nintendo eShop, and launch it. If you have a SEGA ID, all you need to do is login, link up your info, and voila; you are ready to play the game. I do not have a Switch nor is PSO2 Cloud actually available yet, so I may not be the most reliable source when it comes to this, but this seems to be what it's going to be like.

The Zelda BOTW rewards will be given out as title rewards based on progression in PSO2 Cloud, so perhaps you'll have to clear certain quests or play the game a certain amount of days. Or something like that.

Electrochemist
Apr 3, 2018, 02:04 PM
I'm not trying to be all judgy here, but are you saying that you are considering purchasing a Switch for PSO2 Cloud?"

There is not much you have to do. Create a Japanese Nintendo Account, download the PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 CLOUD client from the Nintendo eShop, and launch it. If you have a SEGA ID, all you need to do is login, link up your info, and voila; you are ready to play the game. I do not have a Switch nor is PSO2 Cloud actually available yet, so I may not be the most reliable source when it comes to this, but this seems to be what it's going to be like.

The Zelda BOTW rewards will be given out as title rewards based on progression in PSO2 Cloud, so perhaps you'll have to clear certain quests or play the game a certain amount of days. Or something like that.

Oh god no, lmao!
If I did ever get a Switch it would not be for PSO2 specifically but it is doubtful I ever purchase a switch as I do not even own a television.

I was simply curious, but thank you so much for answering :3

SteveCZ
Apr 3, 2018, 02:09 PM
How about borrowing your friend's Switch, login with your account (both SEGA and Nintendo Japan) get that bonus, and then logout.

Electrochemist
Apr 3, 2018, 02:13 PM
How about borrowing your friend's Switch, login with your account (both SEGA and Nintendo Japan) get that bonus, and then logout.

What are friends?

Tymek
Apr 3, 2018, 02:16 PM
Oh god no, lmao!
If I did ever get a Switch it would not be for PSO2 specifically but it is doubtful I ever purchase a switch as I do not even own a television.

I was simply curious, but thank you so much for answering :3

Well...the whole deal regarding the Nintendo Switch is that you do not need a television, haha.

You are welcome.

I really am sorry for still not having updated the OP. I will get to it ASAP.

(I'm also going to have to compile a list of Cloud Locked music...hahaha.)

Electrochemist
Apr 3, 2018, 02:48 PM
Well...the whole deal regarding the Nintendo Switch is that you do not need a television, haha.

Well yes but then you are only getting 50% of the experience in my eyes :p

ralf542
Apr 3, 2018, 03:03 PM
I wish monitors would have HDMI ports these days. Back in the day I could use PC, Xbox360 and PS3 without television, but these days DisplayPorts are the only things we have.

the_importer_
Apr 3, 2018, 03:13 PM
I wish monitors would have HDMI ports these days. Back in the day I could use PC, Xbox360 and PS3 without television, but these days DisplayPorts are the only things we have.

Display Ports are Royalty-Free, unlike HDMI where you need to pay for a licence to incorporate it in your device. They can also give you a better resolution. You can just use an HDMI to Display Port converter, they're pretty cheap.

SteveCZ
Apr 3, 2018, 08:24 PM
What are friends?

Good question. LOL. :D

ArcaneTechs
Apr 3, 2018, 09:14 PM
im totally confused on this, literally everything now a days has an HDMI port, please respond

pika2525
Apr 4, 2018, 12:22 AM
Seems that the Zelda collab items will simply require you to clear 4 quests on SH while playing on the Switch. (https://twitter.com/auw1975/status/981115512066211841)

FaithY
Apr 4, 2018, 01:38 AM
Seems that the Zelda collab items will simply require you to clear 4 quests on SH while playing on the Switch. (https://twitter.com/auw1975/status/981115512066211841)

Beautiful if that's true. I'll be back to PC in no time xD

ArcaneTechs
Apr 4, 2018, 01:38 AM
4x Harukotan TA DONE, get back on PC lol

Real question is can I link my American Nintendo account instead of my JP

Tymek
Apr 4, 2018, 01:39 AM

Hey, thanks for the information! :o I wonder how auw1975 obtained that information.

Connection tests are now available! See how your connection fares against the odds of a Japan-only streaming game!

FaithY
Apr 4, 2018, 02:23 AM
Connection tests are now available! See how your connection fares against the odds of a Japan-only streaming game!

And, I cant connect :P Surprise, surprise.

Darki
Apr 4, 2018, 03:09 AM
Yeah I can't either. Am I supposed to keep the region as Japan or that was only needed for the download?

Ifrian-x
Apr 4, 2018, 03:12 AM
The error code i get basically says that there are too many people trying to connect and thus the server is busy and to try later.

Darki
Apr 4, 2018, 03:15 AM
Same. I remember reading something about Sega stating they had enough servers ready for the release and I didn't believe a word of it, lol.

XbikXBd
Apr 4, 2018, 03:17 AM
same issue

Ifrian-x
Apr 4, 2018, 03:18 AM
Same. I remember reading something about Sega stating they had enough servers ready for the release and I didn't believe a word of it, lol.

Es que para creerse lo que Sega dice hay que ser tonto a las finas hierbas.

In any case, so far none of the error messages say anything about regions or about not being allowed to play.

Thereエs just like 3 different messages that talk about either connection issues due to server stress or the servers being unreachable due to too many connections at once and a few other ways to basically say the same.

landman
Apr 4, 2018, 03:41 AM
Maybe it just determines it's plain unplayable with our latency and keeps us out, or it could be the "too many connections, try later" as the error says at the end. I got error 2-AFJJA-0810 (81000734). Is there any ip we could ping to?

Maulcun
Apr 4, 2018, 04:05 AM
Lol

http://pso2.jp/players/gameguide/beginnersmovie/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lVD2K2f_J0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwOOskkEd10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNDotOzwQ_U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W94okP1F6SY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9pahLdKuIs

How get Link (Zelda) itens
http://pso2.jp/players/news/21406/

SteveCZ
Apr 4, 2018, 04:55 AM
.lol.

the_importer_
Apr 4, 2018, 06:06 AM
81000734 as well, not surprised. Also guys, just do "Subdue Za Oodan" on SH 4 times. I spam through this quest when I'm near enough playing 100 times with NPCs to unlock titles (I actually count using an app on my phone).

Tymek
Apr 4, 2018, 07:52 AM
Don't you just love it... (https://twitter.com/LotsaNintendo/status/948514247000100864)

...when your predictions come true? (https://twitter.com/tohirokonno/status/981476612620279808)

the_importer_
Apr 4, 2018, 08:38 AM
Don't you just love it... (https://twitter.com/LotsaNintendo/status/948514247000100864)

...when your predictions come true? (https://twitter.com/tohirokonno/status/981476612620279808)

To be fair, this is like predicting that it will snow in Canada somewhere in January -_-

Lyrise
Apr 4, 2018, 08:48 AM
I had no issues logging in, got all the BoTW stuffs within 10 minutes. At least they were also kind enough to give us 2 of each ticket, so every character can get the hair and shield (you only get 1 Master Sword and 1 of each Male and Female costume).

From where I am (Alberta, Canada) the connection was fine, though there is this delay caused by latency(like 0.25 seconds). It's not severe enough to hamper me from playing decently, but it is enough to screw up any JG/JC/HC attempt I make..

pika2525
Apr 4, 2018, 08:51 AM
Lots of JPs are reporting similar errors, so it's likely just the servers being overloaded. Should hopefully be cleared up by JP sleep hours.

Tymek
Apr 4, 2018, 10:15 AM
To be fair, this is like predicting that it will snow in Canada somewhere in January -_-

Ah, then that means dinner is served! With how much you spend on PSO2, snow is what you eat, right?

...I'm sorry. :') It was too good not to post. No ill intentions.

Lots of JPs are reporting similar errors, so it's likely just the servers being overloaded. Should hopefully be cleared up by JP sleep hours.

Good to hear!

the_importer_
Apr 4, 2018, 10:53 AM
Ah, then that means dinner is served! With how much you spend on PSO2, snow is what you eat, right?

...I'm sorry. :') It was too good not to post. No ill intentions.

!

I don't get it.

Tymek
Apr 4, 2018, 12:38 PM
I don't get it.

Ah, it is not important. No matter.

To return on-topic;

Questions for research:

Nintendo Switch players can meet up with PlayStation 4/PlayStation Vita players in Team Rooms and MyRooms.
- Can overhead statuses be used for communication between PlayStation 4/PlayStation Vita and Nintendo Switch players?
- Can the Message Board in MyRooms be used for communication between PlayStation 4/PlayStation Vita and Nintendo Switch players?
- Can the Team Room Message Board be used for communication between PlayStation 4/PlayStation Vita and Nintendo Switch players?

More to follow.

Kintama
Apr 4, 2018, 12:40 PM
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/295890205737615363/431145011476824064/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/295890205737615363/431145332546469888/Office_Lens_20180404-193714.jpg

The switch servers are empty but the game says i can't connect??

Tymek
Apr 4, 2018, 12:51 PM
Ah, it is not important. No matter.

To return on-topic;

Questions for research:

Nintendo Switch players can meet up with PlayStation 4/PlayStation Vita players in Team Rooms and MyRooms.
- Can overhead statuses be used for communication between PlayStation 4/PlayStation Vita and Nintendo Switch players?
- Can the Message Board in MyRooms be used for communication between PlayStation 4/PlayStation Vita and Nintendo Switch players?
- Can the Team Room Message Board be used for communication between PlayStation 4/PlayStation Vita and Nintendo Switch players?

More to follow.

The answers are here! First of all, this is what communication between PlayStation 4/PlayStation Vita and Nintendo Switch looks like:

The message sent on a PlayStation system:
[SPOILER-BOX]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ67k79XkAM0g4f.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

The message received on Nintendo Switch:
[SPOILER-BOX]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ67mNmW0AEjU5m.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

So, yeah. Communication is busted. But the questions for research have been answered, and the question is yes to all of the above:
Overhead statuses and Message Boards in both MyRoom and Team Room can be used as a workaround for the communication jamming between PlayStation 4/PlayStation Vita and Nintendo Switch!

As shown here:

Team Room:
[SPOILER-BOX]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ7EMLWXUAEkNLY.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

MyRoom:
[SPOILER-BOX]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ7FpHJX4AESrPx.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

The source for this information can be found here. (https://twitter.com/gorihimegori/status/981437503147298816)

XrosBlader821
Apr 4, 2018, 12:52 PM
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/295890205737615363/431145011476824064/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/295890205737615363/431145332546469888/Office_Lens_20180404-193714.jpg

The Switch Blocks are supposed to be holding Switch and PC Players so the Servers being overfilled has nothing to do with Block population. Besides don't forget there are 9 different ships full of Japanese Players who are using the same servers to connect to different ships.

Tymek
Apr 4, 2018, 12:57 PM

They couldn't be bothered to test their servers or to hold a beta test, and they end up with this. Kind of a messy situation.

Kintama
Apr 4, 2018, 01:02 PM
The Switch Blocks are supposed to be holding Switch and PC Players so the Servers being overfilled has nothing to do with Block population. Besides don't forget there are 9 different ships full of Japanese Players who are using the same servers to connect to different ships.

No, no matter how you look the block is empty, so it's not that.

XrosBlader821
Apr 4, 2018, 01:09 PM
No, no matter how you look the block is empty, so it's not that.

Ship 2 is notorious for having the most non-Japanese players tho and the cloud service isn't designed to work well outside of Japan.
Go check out the other Ships if you can. Ship 2 Switch blocks being a ghost town shouldn't surprise anyone.

Marynou
Apr 4, 2018, 01:30 PM
France here. I have a very good internet connection, I even get the white "You can play!" message when running the test but I've been getting the same 81000734 error again and again and again. I can't do anything, just the error. It must be a question of country... I've tried setting up a VPN on my phone and share the connection but to no avail.

the_importer_
Apr 4, 2018, 01:42 PM
The answers are here! First of all, this is what communication between PlayStation 4/PlayStation Vita and Nintendo Switch looks like:

The message sent on a PlayStation system:
[SPOILER-BOX]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ67k79XkAM0g4f.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

The message received on Nintendo Switch:
[SPOILER-BOX]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ67mNmW0AEjU5m.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

So, yeah. Communication is busted. But the questions for research have been answered, and the question is yes to all of the above:
Overhead statuses and Message Boards in both MyRoom and Team Room can be used as a workaround for the communication jamming between PlayStation 4/PlayStation Vita and Nintendo Switch!

As shown here:

Team Room:
[SPOILER-BOX]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ7EMLWXUAEkNLY.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

MyRoom:
[SPOILER-BOX]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ7FpHJX4AESrPx.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

The source for this information can be found here. (https://twitter.com/gorihimegori/status/981437503147298816)

This is such a stupid situation in an online game that's suppose to bring everyone together regardless of the platform, and yes, I do blame SONY on this one.

Tymek
Apr 4, 2018, 02:40 PM
France here. I have a very good internet connection, I even get the white "You can play!" message when running the test but I've been getting the same 81000734 error again and again and again. I can't do anything, just the error. It must be a question of country... I've tried setting up a VPN on my phone and share the connection but to no avail.

America seems to be capable of the deed. (https://twitter.com/Mr__Verde/status/981491897070903296)

Kintama
Apr 4, 2018, 03:09 PM

France here too, if the cloud ships are empty then it's certainly an ip block, too bad.

starwind75043
Apr 4, 2018, 03:10 PM
I expected during jp hours it would be a cluster fuck. I am actually interested to see how this will go for people during gaijin hours.

Kintama
Apr 4, 2018, 03:12 PM
This IS gaijin hour (4am in japan), i 've checked the cloud blocks on ship2, they are all empty and i cannot connect at all, ip block.

Marynou
Apr 4, 2018, 03:15 PM
Well... Does anybody know a good VPN for Android? Free if possible :D

I've tried several but the connection is always too slow and I get the yellow error message during tests...

landman
Apr 4, 2018, 03:41 PM
I don't think it's an ip block, it's just our connection does not reach japan with the required capacity, for example, I can speedtest from spain to france and get almost 100/100 mps with 40 ping, if I try tokyo I get 15/5 mbps with 300 ping... if the cloud service gets that information it's provably not good enough for it to work properly and will kick me or not let me even start.

Gaylar
Apr 4, 2018, 03:57 PM
As far as I've gotten, the input lag and actual gameplay doesn't seem too bad at all (from east coast US), but yeah, getting on and staying on is a serious pain in the ass. After about 2 hours of trying I only successfully connected once and I was online for all of maybe 5 minutes before disconnecting again.

landman
Apr 4, 2018, 04:01 PM
It's letting me connect, I've connected twice to the sega logo, then it dies lol so yep, poor connection, no ip block.

ZER0 DX
Apr 4, 2018, 04:08 PM
I'm just going to be under the assumption those of us in the midwest are never going to be able to log in to cloud to get the Zelda stuff.

the_importer_
Apr 4, 2018, 05:26 PM
I can log in on west coast for like 10min then it kicks me.

More than enough time to run "Subdue Za Oodan" 4 times on SH and get your titles.

Well... Does anybody know a good VPN for Android? Free if possible :D

I've tried several but the connection is always too slow and I get the yellow error message during tests...

I tried tunnelbear, but it doesn't work, they say this on their website:

Yes, but TunnelBear needs to be active on each device that you want to keep encrypted. The technical explanation is that VPN protocols and tethering operate on different network layers. Even if you have TunnelBear active on your primary device (iPhone/Android), the data from the tethered device will go outside the tunnel and NOT be secured.

For example: Let's say you have phone and a computer and you want to browse securely on both. You値l need to put TunnelBear on both the computer and the phone. If you put TunnelBear only on the phone, the data from your tethered computer will not go through the phones tunnel.

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 4, 2018, 06:41 PM
So THIS is the power of cloud...
[SPOILER-BOX]Actual quality of cloud, lol
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ9xkiiU0AYDYa8.jpg
I can actually get a good few minutes at a time with this but why bother

I can record a full video if you wanna see how low quality it gets in motion[/SPOILER-BOX]

batfax
Apr 4, 2018, 07:05 PM
Guessing the items are locked so no spare tunics will be able to pop up on the market?

the_importer_
Apr 4, 2018, 07:09 PM
Guessing the items are locked so no spare tunics will be able to pop up on the market?

Don't think it's a Nintendo decision, free PSO2 items tend to be locked, probably to make you spend AC and scratch.

FaithY
Apr 4, 2018, 07:25 PM
I'm just going to be under the assumption those of us in the midwest are never going to be able to log in to cloud to get the Zelda stuff.

Perhaps its time for a vacation away from the midwest. ;-)

FaithY
Apr 4, 2018, 07:30 PM
So THIS is the power of cloud...
[SPOILER-BOX]Actual quality of cloud, lol
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ9xkiiU0AYDYa8.jpg
I can actually get a good few minutes at a time with this but why bother

I can record a full video if you wanna see how low quality it gets in motion[/SPOILER-BOX]

It looks really choppy for me too. The dreamcast version played and looked better. LOL. I wasn't expecting anything better from a cloud based system across the world... The fact that we can even log in and get our items is cool enough for me.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 4, 2018, 07:36 PM
so is it like the Ps4/Vita version when it comes to accounts? Download with JP, Login/Account Link with US account? or purely JP across the boards?

ZER0 DX
Apr 4, 2018, 07:44 PM
Perhaps its time for a vacation away from the midwest. ;-)

You paying for my plane ticket?

pika2525
Apr 4, 2018, 08:06 PM
Feels good (エ・ω・`) (https://twitter.com/kido_pso2/status/981681970345316353)

ArcaneTechs
Apr 4, 2018, 08:44 PM
so is it like the Ps4/Vita version when it comes to accounts? Download with JP, Login/Account Link with US account? or purely JP across the boards?
quotin myself, doesnt matter what the account is. tried it for a bit, its like 240-360p bad in handheld, didnt try docked but that 1-2's delay on everything I do is annoying. Didn't DC though, got my runs in so idk how often I'll even play on my switch

RadiantLegend
Apr 5, 2018, 07:20 AM
Midwest issues connecting. Oh well

the_importer_
Apr 5, 2018, 07:34 AM
Well I got to the username and password screen this morning before getting an error message, we's moving up in the world :p

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 5, 2018, 08:10 AM
I seem to average 15 minutes of playtime before it disconnects

the_importer_
Apr 5, 2018, 08:12 AM
I seem to average 15 minutes of playtime before it disconnects

I'd take that, more than enough time to get the goods.

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 5, 2018, 08:20 AM
Also, atleast for me, going to home for 3 seconds and back will make the game reconnect, resetting the auto disconnect timer

Tymek
Apr 5, 2018, 08:56 AM
I was able to try out PSO2 Cloud today. By extension, it was also my first time ever using a Nintendo Switch. The connection test yielded a CF rating; between HT and HF I'm guessing. I am located in Europe.

I was able to connect right away, however the cloud connection was extremely unstable. I kept disconnecting near the end of Subdue Za Oodan, and I only managed to obtain the Hylian Shield so far. But we're making progress. Turning off the sound to lessen the data exchange burden helped a bit. At least I know that I can actually use it at all, if only barely.

Ifrian-x
Apr 5, 2018, 09:04 AM
I live in the Europe and have a 200/200 connection.

I was able to log in and play, and the gameplay flowed perfectly, i did not have any sort of slow down and i could parry and fight with absolute normality and without any sort of slow-down, yet the yellow yournetsuxxors text would not leave the screen and i had to keep using the home menu trick to be able to complete my 4 missions.

Itエs a bit sad because playing on the switch was very fun, but what can you do?

I will admit i am a bit confused as to why i get the message considering that unlike many posters here, i had zero issues gameplay wise and everything seemed to work just as good as on my PC.

Tymek
Apr 5, 2018, 09:17 AM
Also, atleast for me, going to home for 3 seconds and back will make the game reconnect, resetting the auto disconnect timer

Ah, is the yellow warning the auto disconnect timer? I knew there was an auto disconnect timer related to a problematic connection, but had I know about this trick earlier, I might actually have had all of the items today. Oh well.

Marynou
Apr 5, 2018, 09:27 AM
I managed to get in game today! Resolution was okay, a bit of lag... And the big yellow message telling me the game is going to close soon. And so it does, without fail every time.

I was putting so much hope in the Switch version... I'm always out and rarely have access to my PS4 or PC, and the Vita version has become completely unplayable to me; the framerate drops are terrible and the controls clunky as a result (not to mention the lack of the new controls).

I am... Well, terribly disappointed.

Megalomax
Apr 5, 2018, 10:20 AM
I'm logged in but I haven't played for a while. Is there a way to change controls to a controller mode or do I need to login through PC and do that?

Edit: I got it, never mind.

FaithY
Apr 5, 2018, 11:21 AM
i had to keep using the home menu trick to be able to complete my 4 missions.

Itエs a bit sad because playing on the switch was very fun, but what can you do?

Totally agree, its very fun to play pso2 on the switch. For anyone else out there wanting to get the 4 missions in but is getting disconnected before completing try the method quoted above (return to the home menu every couple minutes. returning to the game will reset the disconnect counter). It worked for me. :)

Note: you'll have to collect your items from the title attendant while logged in on your switch. You cant claim these rewards while logged in on PC, so don't forget to collect rewards before logging out of pso2 cloud :P

landman
Apr 5, 2018, 11:49 AM
Did the home menu trick, but I get disconnected in a few seconds, so I'm constantly pressing it lol managed to do a 1 run...

Tymek
Apr 5, 2018, 12:03 PM
My favorite PlayStation Vita game is Zelda.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DaCGi37XcAItk-H.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DaCGkPNW4AE-BYv.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DaCGmmKWsAIj-f9.jpg

batfax
Apr 5, 2018, 09:21 PM
Nice! The home button trick worked great. Y'know, aside from the big yellow text in the way, it actually played just fine. It made no sense that it would disconnect me because it was actually really responsive and looked fine for me.

NightfallG
Apr 5, 2018, 10:58 PM
My favorite PlayStation Vita game is Zelda.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DaCGi37XcAItk-H.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DaCGkPNW4AE-BYv.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DaCGmmKWsAIj-f9.jpg

Is this ticket non-tradeable or can I purchase it?

batfax
Apr 5, 2018, 11:12 PM
Whoops. I meant to check into that very question but I forgot and used the tickets right away. Judging by the costumes being locked though, I'd guess they're not tradeable.

ZER0 DX
Apr 6, 2018, 01:53 AM
They can't be sold or traded, they're account bound. Had to ask the help from one of my friends that could log into Cloud run on my account to get the zelda stuff for me.

the_importer_
Apr 7, 2018, 11:17 AM
OK WTF!!

My friend brought over his Switch Docking yesterday and I set that up with my Ethernet USB adapter. I got a stable wired 30mb/s connection now on the Switch. I did a test from my PC by downloading a 100MB file from Toyko, I know I have a stable 30mb/s connection and yet, that shitty PSO2 Cloud Service keeps saying that my connection is not stable enough and I can't stay in a quest for more than 20 seconds before getting kicked out. It's past 1 AM in Japan, people are suppose to be sleeping now, so WTF is going on here? I just want 10 minutes to get the Zelda shit and give back to my friend that half-backed tablet that likes to call itself a game console.

Tymek
Apr 7, 2018, 11:49 AM
I wonder if we will be seeing more Nintendo collaborations in PSO2 after this BOTW collab. Maybe even Cloud-exclusive Nintendo AC Scratches.

UPDATE: Oh look, a zero effort Development Timeline of PSO2 Cloud based on the new information from the April 7th (today) stream provided by Bumped:

PSO2 CLOUD DEVELOPMENT TIMELINE:

("Around a year ago") April 2017: Project conception
May-June 2017: First progress/advancing with the project
14 September 2017: PSO2 Cloud public reveal announcement in Nintendo Direct
Between 14 September 2017 en 9 March 2018: Details about PSO2 Cloud were revealed in this timeframe bit by bit
9 March 2018: PSO2 Cloud release date reveal announcement in Nintendo Direct - April 4th 2018
20 March 2018: PSO2 Cloud becomes available for preloading following PSO2 Station #18
4 April 2018: PSO2 Cloud release; service launched

Silent_Flower
Apr 7, 2018, 02:24 PM
Just tried to log on via Switch from Eastern Ontario and connection was not good enough. Ping test avg 172 ms with time to live of 39 from my desktop.

StreetFighter2242
Apr 7, 2018, 03:37 PM
Oh, my bad. Sorry about that.

Apology accepted.

StreetFighter2242
Apr 7, 2018, 03:38 PM

This i agree with.

landman
Apr 7, 2018, 04:29 PM
OK WTF!!

My friend brought over his Switch Docking yesterday and I set that up with my Ethernet USB adapter. I got a stable wired 30mb/s connection now on the Switch. I did a test from my PC by downloading a 100MB file from Toyko, I know I have a stable 30mb/s connection and yet, that shitty PSO2 Cloud Service keeps saying that my connection is not stable enough and I can't stay in a quest for more than 20 seconds before getting kicked out. It's past 1 AM in Japan, people are suppose to be sleeping now, so WTF is going on here? I just want 10 minutes to get the Zelda shit and give back to my friend that half-backed tablet that likes to call itself a game console.

I was doing the home menu thing every 10 seconds, it's only 4 runs per account, not that bad, you could even get help from someone / play with another account from PC to beat the run faster.

the_importer_
Apr 7, 2018, 06:54 PM
I was doing the home menu thing every 10 seconds, it's only 4 runs per account, not that bad, you could even get help from someone / play with another account from PC to beat the run faster.

Ya, but I could barely stay connected 1 minutes even when doing the home trick every every 5 seconds. And the lag, oh god the lag, it felt like I was trying to play this game using MS Remote Desktop.

Tymek
Apr 7, 2018, 06:57 PM
For players located in America:

It would appear California is the only place in the country where you can actually play PSO2 Cloud with minimal to no issues at all.

EuRailgun
Apr 7, 2018, 07:38 PM
Hi. Im from Italy with 60mbits download and 15 mbits upload. I try play this game on Nswitch but I got yellow message + lag. Game Kick me. I download game on pc + patch english, its perfect without any lag. WTF is wrong with nintendo switch server!!!!!

XrosBlader821
Apr 7, 2018, 08:10 PM
Hi. Im from Italy with 60mbits download and 15 mbits upload. I try play this game on Nswitch but I got yellow message + lag. Game Kick me. I download game on pc + patch english, its perfect without any lag. WTF is wrong with nintendo switch server!!!!!

The Switch version is only 100MB and the PC version 57GB. WTF is wrong with the PC version!!!!! /s

The Switch version uses Cloud gaming, you're watching a livestream of a PC in Japan.

EuRailgun
Apr 8, 2018, 05:06 AM
The Switch version is only 100MB and the PC version 57GB. WTF is wrong with the PC version!!!!! /s

The Switch version uses Cloud gaming, you're watching a livestream of a PC in Japan. So probably I never be able to play this game on switch. Thanks for explain.

RadiantLegend
Apr 8, 2018, 11:49 AM
Kept disconnecting every 1 min. Plenty time get my tickets.
At the very least, I can get daily log in if I'm away from ps4 or pc.

D-Inferno
Apr 8, 2018, 01:34 PM
Got my tickets pretty easily (took quite a bit of logins and dcs though); though it's a shame that it wasn't a proper port of PSO2. I still hope the Switch gets a PSP2/Nova-like installment though.

Tymek
Apr 8, 2018, 02:16 PM
Fun fact: Ubitus was also responsible for the streamed 3DS version of DRAGON QUEST X ONLINE. They've been really quiet about PSO2 Cloud, though.

For me, the hardest part about accessing PSO2 Cloud was getting access to a Switch. I'm just very lucky to have a friend nearby that has one.

Silent_Flower
Apr 8, 2018, 04:07 PM
Tried to log in at 2pm EDT, no luck. Connection is not good enough to connect. Hopefully my new place internet is good enough when I moved at the end of the month.

disabledflaw
Apr 8, 2018, 11:37 PM
For those trying to access from US, just a friendly reminder that the switch version was actually made for a Japanese market where they have 1gbps fiber connections for residential as the norm here. The latency from over seas would be way too high (By the way your ISP would limit your rate out of the country anyway so even if you get 300mbps avg in the US, it's slower out of country).

With that said, from Tokyo, besides the terrible FPS and graphic, the game itself has no lag what so ever. Just have to get used to playing on a controller rather than a keyboard and mouse.

Wesker8
Apr 12, 2018, 02:36 PM
Still trying to sign in and give it a go.

Tymek
Apr 12, 2018, 04:03 PM
Good luck to everyone still attempting!

Silent_Flower
Apr 12, 2018, 04:28 PM
I will try tonight, right after maintenance because that small window tends to have the least people online, but I do not have high hopes.

I am going a new location with significantly better internet in 2 weeks and hope logging there will let me in.

Lyrise
Apr 12, 2018, 06:10 PM
For those trying to access from US, just a friendly reminder that the switch version was actually made for a Japanese market where they have 1gbps fiber connections for residential as the norm here. The latency from over seas would be way too high (By the way your ISP would limit your rate out of the country anyway so even if you get 300mbps avg in the US, it's slower out of country).

With that said, from Tokyo, besides the terrible FPS and graphic, the game itself has no lag what so ever. Just have to get used to playing on a controller rather than a keyboard and mouse.

Pretty sure everyone here is aware of that. The main goal really is to maintain a connection long enough to get the Zelda goods and then never touch it again.

XrosBlader821
Apr 12, 2018, 06:11 PM
Pretty sure everyone here is aware of that. The main goal really is to maintain a connection long enough to get the Zelda goods and then never touch it again.

you'd be surprised how many people aren't aware of that.

Silent_Flower
Apr 12, 2018, 11:17 PM
Just tried to log in and my internet is officially to crap to log in.

StreetFighter2242
Apr 13, 2018, 02:15 AM
Lololol. This gave me laughs.

Tymek
Apr 13, 2018, 10:32 AM
Day 10 of PSO2 Cloud. Logging in is futile.

Lololol. This gave me laughs.

???

Altiea
Apr 17, 2018, 12:38 AM
Okay, so at a resort villa in Newport Beach, California, I tried connecting to PSO2C on a whim, and to my surprise, connecting was flawless. I only got the disconnect message exactly once, and after dispelling it with the Home Button trick, I never saw it again. Input lag is practically nonexistent; I can do all of the same Jet Boots techniques like Vinto Tech rotations as on my PS4 with almost the exact same precision. Only complaint is how Cloud Crossplay blocks are practically dead and the bad resolution at times, but otherwise it works like a charm. As I'm writing this I'm about to fight Solo PD on Switch.

Tymek
Apr 17, 2018, 03:12 AM
Okay, so at a resort villa in Newport Beach, California, I tried connecting to PSO2C on a whim, and to my surprise, connecting was flawless. I only got the disconnect message exactly once, and after dispelling it with the Home Button trick, I never saw it again. Input lag is practically nonexistent; I can do all of the same Jet Boots techniques like Vinto Tech rotations as on my PS4 with almost the exact same precision. Only complaint is how Cloud Crossplay blocks are practically dead and the bad resolution at times, but otherwise it works like a charm. As I'm writing this I'm about to fight Solo PD on Switch.

Which brings us back to this. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?237525-PSO2-Cloud-(Switch)-Discussion-Thread&p=3446247&viewfull=1#post3446247) California is apparently the one single place in America where PSO2 Cloud functions properly. How did Solo PD go?

(What are you doing in America? :0)

Altiea
Apr 17, 2018, 06:57 AM
Which brings us back to this. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?237525-PSO2-Cloud-(Switch)-Discussion-Thread&p=3446247&viewfull=1#post3446247) California is apparently the one single place in America where PSO2 Cloud functions properly. How did Solo PD go?

(What are you doing in America? :0)

I actually live in California, just not in the particular location that I'm playing PSO2C at (it's super high end normally). Solo PD went pretty much the same as on my PS4, and I later showed up to a Dragon EQ. The issue with EQs on Switch is because the servers are so sparsely populated that you need to turn off Expert to match properly, but Dragon and Rematch went about as smoothly as a normal XH Expert Dragon (and I got a 13* Aero Egg). I kinda wish that keyboard was a little faster, but it seems that with a powerful enough connection around here, PSO2C works almost exactly like the PS4 and PC versions.

Tymek
Apr 17, 2018, 10:37 AM
I actually live in California, just not in the particular location that I'm playing PSO2C at (it's super high end normally). Solo PD went pretty much the same as on my PS4, and I later showed up to a Dragon EQ. The issue with EQs on Switch is because the servers are so sparsely populated that you need to turn off Expert to match properly, but Dragon and Rematch went about as smoothly as a normal XH Expert Dragon (and I got a 13* Aero Egg). I kinda wish that keyboard was a little faster, but it seems that with a powerful enough connection around here, PSO2C works almost exactly like the PS4 and PC versions.

Wow. I...had no idea you lived in America. For some strange reason that I don't know of, I thought you lived in...Singapore, or something. My bad.
Either way; that's very awesome to hear! (The fact that PSO2C is functioning, I mean.)

Tymek
Apr 24, 2018, 10:02 AM
Hooray! With the help of the HOME Button Trick, I was able to obtain the remaining three Zelda items. (Though a more stable connection than the last time I tried has also played it's part in getting this done.) I now never have to touch PSO2 Cloud ever again, in a way.

Silent_Flower
Apr 29, 2018, 11:05 AM
Moved to my new place and still can't log in via Switch. Oh well. ;_; I think I am just too far to communicate with pso2 server from Southern Ontario.

Akaimizu
Apr 30, 2018, 08:59 PM
Tis a shame the cloud setup is this way. Just when I thought this might be the easiest way to play the game outside of the PC and have it keep up with updates.

Tymek
Aug 28, 2018, 10:41 AM
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/60-fps-Switch.jpeg

The Nintendo Switch version of PSO2 will finally gain support for 60fps. This update is scheduled for mid-September.

Ranmaru
Oct 23, 2018, 05:02 PM
This is a bump, but interested to know how people are faring with this, and this is relevant because I have just now discovered this, and will now try it out.

Dood
Feb 8, 2019, 08:38 AM
Yes my internet is good but I知 getting the dreaded no 22 before it disconnects me. My internet even with our Verizon fios isp seems to still give me the error no.22

Dood
Feb 8, 2019, 10:10 AM
Should I either buy some form of speed booster or go for the nuclear option and just play on PS4 cause my vitas in pretty bad shape as it won稚 charge can稚 unlink my vita psn without a working vita

Lyrise
Feb 8, 2019, 12:26 PM
Just play on your PS4. No amount of great internet service/speed is going to fix the latency issue you'll automatically have by not being remotely close to Japan.

Dood
Mar 9, 2019, 09:39 PM
So in other words I知 screwed because of my location

ArcaneTechs
Mar 9, 2019, 10:42 PM
you and everyone else trying to use their Switch for PSO2 outside is screwed, it just doesnt work well enough. So ya, you're only alternative is your PS4 in its native language. Nothing you can do about it

hell i cant even run dailies in empty blocks on my Switch without input delays and eventually 630 which is why I just stick to PC (or ps4 if need be)

Tymek
Mar 9, 2019, 10:43 PM

Indeed. The only place in America where one can play PSO2 Cloud (near) flawlessly is California.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 9, 2019, 10:44 PM
Indeed. The only place in America where one can play PSO2 Cloud (near) flawlessly is California.
i have friends who live there, none of them get a flawless connection like you think, its basically the same anywhere in the States

JoycieC
Apr 11, 2019, 06:01 AM

Don't worry, it isn't much better in Japan.

I recently took a three week trip to Tokyo (during the Thanks Festa 2019 event), and whilst PSO2 Cloud performed much better than it does here in England, it is by no means a viable way of playing the game for extended periods of time, it's good enough to collect rewards, login bonus and so forth, but even on a Japanese connection it was rather disappointing, I wouldn't play EQ's or anything where I could potentially disconnect and lose my item drops, the experience isn't as great as one would think it to be.

You'll regularly find the Cloud blocks are very empty, it's just not viable when there are alternatives that work better, and the likelihood is anyone playing PSO2 already has a PS4 or a PC and would rather that over a streamed version.

Give me a proper version somewhere between the Vita and PS4 versions and sure, PSO2 on the go as it was intended with Vita years ago.