PDA

View Full Version : Buster Quest "Issue"

psofan219
Sep 16, 2017, 08:53 AM
Man it's been forever since I last logged into this site...

*ahem* Anyway, apologies if this somehow isn't in the right spot, it seemed most fitting. I've spotted what seems like a potential glitch with Buster Quests that I thought SEGA had resolved at one point, and I'm wondering if I'm the only one experiencing this now.

What's happening is, I'm doing Free Match Buster Quests to try and get Excubes for some Zeinesis files I'm trying to complete. Well, for three runs in a row, I take a drink and pause my boost timers, because I don't find Buster Medals worthy of even burning a 250% RDR ticket on. Things go smoothly, and the quest is cleared. I collect my items, which includes 2-3 Excubes, but the Excube portion of my files is still 0%. Now, I've had this happen before, and it usually would complete on the second run. Not this time. Not even on the third run.

On the fourth run, I decided to not take a drink at all, and sacrifice seven minutes on my boost timers hoping to appease whatever gods dictate when and how I'm seemingly able to complete sections on my Zeinesis files. And it works. I get the Excubes, and I complete that section of the files... and am left scratching my head.

I think it's to due with pausing boost timers specifically that's causing this to apparently break for me, so I'm wondering if there are perhaps others who are having this same issue or not. And if you are... maybe this is the solution? If this isn't a glitch and there's somehow some really strange condition that you can't pause boost timers for Free Matches, I'd really like to know, so I can at least try and hold off on doing them until I'm either not running on a lot of boost power, or it's about to run out. Thanks to those who answer.

KazukiQZ
Sep 16, 2017, 09:56 AM
I think it's a bug, because back when BQ was still new, i could clear Zein CF excube by doing exactly what you did, with even boost pause drink. So, Sega had apparently broken something along the way to 'fix' BQ other problems, rip.

Saffran
Sep 16, 2017, 04:01 PM
Free Matches don't fill the Collect Files. Main Match only.

Zephyrion
Sep 16, 2017, 04:43 PM
Don't know how old is your problem but , I got Zeine's excube from BQ free match yesterday (boosts blocked and all). Well you should check your file still, although I don't doubt it's SEGA fucking up

Cyber Meteor
Sep 16, 2017, 05:02 PM
Free Matches don't fill the Collect Files. Main Match only.

Exactly what he said and what SEGA said when advertising BQs, the fact that you could fill your CF with the excubes from Free Match WAS a bug which seems to have been corrected now from what you're experiencing so it'll stay that way as it wasn't supposed to fill the CF in first place

Alenoir
Sep 16, 2017, 05:08 PM
It's been a bug. No one knows what exactly triggers it to pass your Zeinesis file or not. I had to run free match 3 times to get mine to clear too. At first I thought the first one didn't drop a cube, but turns out Japanese have that problem too.

Syanonn
Sep 16, 2017, 05:25 PM
So it's a bug?
I been able to get my excube progress on zenesis CF pretty consistently =/ I guess I was lucky?

Alenoir
Sep 16, 2017, 05:31 PM
More like the the ones that got hit by it is unlucky, since it's not a as widely known problem.

That was the only time I got hit too, the other Zeinesis got credit just fine outside of that batch.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 16, 2017, 05:40 PM
Well shit, i was abusing a bug for over 10 rounds of zenisis sheet completions. Oh well. Less headache. Should have been intended in the first place.

psofan219
Sep 16, 2017, 10:57 PM
Exactly what he said and what SEGA said when advertising BQs, the fact that you could fill your CF with the excubes from Free Match WAS a bug which seems to have been corrected now from what you're experiencing so it'll stay that way as it wasn't supposed to fill the CF in first place

Except it still is clearing the Collection File, which is what the bug is from what I'm seeing here? I thought the bug was the files NOT clearing properly. Interesting.

EDIT: So it seems that, after talking about it with some friends, that the whole Free Match not clearing files thing, is supposed to only happen for Evleda, which that is intended (and would explain why I was remembering the bug being that the files weren't being completed as intended, and it still seeming to be the case)

Alenoir
Sep 18, 2017, 02:07 PM
Well shit, i was abusing a bug for over 10 rounds of zenisis sheet completions. Oh well. Less headache. Should have been intended in the first place.

No, the Excube drop not counting for Zeinesis file is the bug. There's no restriction on the excube drop, so it should have counted if you normally picks it up from the ground, cept sometimes it doesn't trigger on free match loots.

Saffran
Sep 18, 2017, 05:49 PM
Basically their program is stupid.
It knows that "if the item drops, the bar is filled out at the end of the quest, overiding the normal progression rule".
But it also knows that "It's a free match so no filling of the bar".
And since it doesn't know what rules applies first, it goes "let's throw a dice".
And that's the bug.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 19, 2017, 12:47 AM
Well then, that was annoyingly inconsistent.