PDA

View Full Version : Just For Fun: Your Favorite Non-Raid Boss Enemy!

Altiea
Sep 25, 2017, 07:24 PM
The mood here's like, really bad right now, and I don't like it.

Those poor, poor enemies. They show up only to get mowed down in two seconds by crazy, maniacal space soldiers hell-bent on eradicating everything in the universe that even dares to oppose them. Scary, isn't it? Some of them even look nice and can do cool stuff! Like, all those neat Mechs, or the Kuronians (who totally aren't clones or anything).

What's your favorite enemy that isn't a raid boss?

Kondibon
Sep 25, 2017, 07:39 PM
Diggs.

HentaiLolicon
Sep 25, 2017, 07:40 PM
Naberius monkeys. I just hate monkeys, so I always kill them as slow as possible, in-short they are stress-relief punchbag

Anduril
Sep 25, 2017, 07:40 PM
Noire Draal. So adorable. *Disclaimer: I am not being sarcastic or facetious; I am completely serious.*

Amongst normal mobs, though, I would have to say Spardan As; they just try so hard, but are so ineffective.

SteveCZ
Sep 25, 2017, 08:06 PM
Toy house and that invisible non-targettable fish on spawn.

yoshiblue
Sep 25, 2017, 08:55 PM
Garongo. Unique in that it's green. Roll out attacks. Overall very fun design, but I feel they should ideally be as chill as Rappies.

loafhero
Sep 25, 2017, 10:18 PM
El Ahdas. They look cool and its super satisfying to hit their weakpoints.

Dragon Ex and its perky teenage girl counterpart, Noire Draal. They don't move around too much like Vol and Quartz so their not as frustrating to fight and their theme music is my favourite of the 3 Dragonkin Field bosses. Yakuza 6's final boss soundtrack kinda has similar beats to it (also produced by SEGA, btw):

[SPOILER-BOX]Start at 0:40

https://youtu.be/Pg15Bx4DiKM?t=39s[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]
https://youtu.be/EcmKy7PbNHA[/SPOILER-BOX]

Sparky JK
Sep 25, 2017, 10:25 PM
I like pretty much all the dragonkin bosses apart from Vol/Burn Draal for being different from the fire-breathing red winged norm. I also like Anga Fundarge's battle music, and how the colors all fade to blueish whenever it's around. Bal Rodos is also a fun boss. I have too many favorites.

KaizoKage
Sep 25, 2017, 11:00 PM
Demon Phaleg because **** her, but I love fighting her cause shes challenging for me, I haven't beaten her yet so I have to git gud with her

Keilyn
Sep 26, 2017, 12:03 AM
PSO-1: Special Rappies
PSU: Kakwane
PSO-2: Garongo + Dirandal

ZerotakerZX
Sep 26, 2017, 12:53 AM
Gigur Gunne Gam. His attack patterns are hard to tottaly ingonre so he is slightly less braindead as the rest of the game's content.

Zephyrion
Sep 26, 2017, 03:24 AM
Quartz Dragon, because so fucking cool, and his theme is totally awesome
for normal mob, I'd say Banoridian, coz it's so fun to strip and I can only"aww" when it's all flustered once you've broken all its parts (but then, as the asshole you are, you mercilessly kill it for that A-rank daily)

Tons of contenders in there that are very close to those, but hey, had to make a choice

Moffen
Sep 26, 2017, 03:54 AM
Bayaribbles before it got nerfed

Demon-
Sep 26, 2017, 05:46 AM
I always liked the way Vol Dragon looks and his voice sounds cool.

KORE DE OWORIDA!!!!!!

Noire Draal. So adorable. I agree! I love her voice!

isCasted
Sep 26, 2017, 06:08 AM
Everything in UQs except for Anga (and that's only because of stupid resists).
Guar Zigmorde and Blu Ringahda, because they are fairly tricky if you can't cheese them. Their designs are also cool.

sonisei
Sep 26, 2017, 06:58 AM
dagash/dagacha, krada :S

red1228
Sep 26, 2017, 07:27 AM
Favorite Non-Raid Boss is probably DF Hunar or Cougar-NX Ace.
I think they'd be a lot more interesting if they played as aggressively as we players do.

I also kinda like Facility's Schilt Grimian. If only for that dashing power slam attack of theirs. Kinda like they're doing a ghetto version of Rodeo Drive-0.

FantasyHeaven
Sep 26, 2017, 12:12 PM
The guaranteed spawn (used to be at least) breeahda e-trial in forest exploration
Used to be my own raid boss back in ep1 when I had no clue about controls or PAs, was trying to fight it in 3rd person with normal 1* launcher attacks but that poison and el ahda spawns were just too strong
Same with vol dragon after I overcame the breeahda somehow, took me a while to figure out the instakill fireball (that no one knows about)
Now I just kill them both in one attack it makes you wonder if this game should've gone in another direction

Cyber Meteor
Sep 26, 2017, 01:35 PM
For non-raid bosses it would be Phaleg, Falz Hunar, Dragon Ex/Noire Draal, Gigur Gunne-Gam, Train Ghidoran, Guar Zigmorde, ESC-A Ragnus/Dark Ragne, Dark Vibrace(and the Yuga one) and all the UQ ones
As for regular ennemies, i would put (including UQ version) Kuklo/Cyclonehda , Luda Sorcerer, Goldrahda/Platidorus, El Ahda, so mostly darkers lol

IchijinKali
Sep 26, 2017, 01:39 PM
Banshee and Banther just love that when I destroy their claws and they do their dash swipes they just fall on their side after doing it just once.

Kiyumi
Sep 27, 2017, 10:16 AM
Blu Ringada has such a interesting, unique design that you will never find anywhere else. He even has nice music when you get close to him (the rings?). I dont think any other boss has music effects like that. I still remember back in the day when I had to break his rings 3x before I could kill him. Now I ignore the rings, run up to him as Hero, and hold down right click and he dies within seconds. Such a waste.

Honorable Mentions: Decol Malluda, Chrome Dragon.

For the little mobs, I like those aqua dudes in Facility that juggle the spiky balls and drop them, just because it looks hilarious.

Honorable Mentions: Dahgash, darker crabs

[Edit] Forgot Odin. This guys attacks and both VFX and SFX are so cool, literally everything about this guy is awesome. Wish he attacked much faster though and hit harder.

Loveless62
Sep 27, 2017, 10:17 AM
Emperor Rappy: Way too cool. I love those hugs, too.

Diabo Igrithys: Fast, ferocious, in-your-face, sets most of the ground on fire. A good test of reactions.

Anga Fundarge: Incredible variety of attacks, interesting as a rogue photon beast.

Cyclon
Sep 27, 2017, 11:33 AM
I like most of the bosses in this game really. If I had to pick, though... I'd say either Ragne or Ex. Ragne just screams PSO2 to me, I still remember hunting rappies at level 10 or so and getting that huge thing to fall out of nowhere when I had no idea bosses could spawn randomly. I also really like its design, attacks, and the process of defeating him.
Dragon Ex is just a really good 1v1 fight. Learning its patterns is fun, and evading his attacks feels really rewarding. I guess most importantly it really feels like a duel to me, which I like.

As far as normal enemies go there are too many, but I'd like to mention burgers. You guys know them as vargrs, which is sacrilege. If something can be localized as burger, it should always be.
I especially like Ganon burgers.
I don't even know which of the three kinds these are.