PDA

View Full Version : People are still bothering and waiting to get a western version.

Meteor Weapon
Oct 6, 2017, 08:18 PM
I don't think i really need to make a new thread for this

I don't know where all these people came from but...with a lot of information across the internet regarding no PSO2 western release, seeing they're still bitching to Sega about no western version is a cringe to read. I mean...why are they still waiting for it in the first place? The English community in the JP version is pretty strong as it is for people to hop in.

And kinda nice to see AIDA in the comments :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xs0ufxuTUI

isCasted
Oct 7, 2017, 03:51 AM
At this point, 5 years after the original release, I can only say these people are delusional. The desire for this game gives them enough power to complain for years, but not enough power to spend some time with a capcha and check some checkboxes in Tweaker. If NA release was to come, they'd play 20 hours and quit because they'd be tired, or because it wouldn't be like they imagined it, or some other shit. And don't forget the fact that SoA has barely any money ever since Sonic Boom fiasco (it's all their fault and nobody asked for it, but in the end it shouldn't be taken off account).

Some of them say that they want "communication", which is "impossible" on JP server due to language barrier. You can find an English-speaking team very easily on Ship 2, and majority of the teams are incredibly friendly. In most online games communication (whether it's with random people or team/guildmates) more often than not boils down to shit-flinging and blame-shifting, which detracts from experience more than anything else.

ZerotakerZX
Oct 7, 2017, 04:17 AM
They are quite silly and stupid

Shoterxx
Oct 7, 2017, 08:06 AM
I wouldn't mind an official english localization for the JP version for all the non-JP players out there. But PSO2 West is just out of the question.

Still mad at SEGA though.

IchijinKali
Oct 7, 2017, 08:08 AM
It is even worse reading those replies AIDA got regarding his/her post. With some people actually WANTING to play the Switch version while living in the West, S-C-A-R-Y.

ZerotakerZX
Oct 7, 2017, 08:57 AM
It is even worse reading those replies AIDA got regarding his/her post. With some people actually WANTING to play the Switch version while living in the West, S-C-A-R-Y.

typical nintendobois.

Cadfael
Oct 7, 2017, 09:51 AM
I wouldn't mind an official english localization for the JP version for all the non-JP players out there. But PSO2 West is just out of the question.

Pretty much this. I'm sure most English speaking players have invested far to much time into the JP version to want to start over if there ever was a NA version, especially if that NA version was behind in content. Personally, I would be perfectly fine if Sega just gave in and accepted that non-Japanese players exist (and are paying them money), and removed the foreign player restriction from the game's TOS. English localization would be icing on the cake.

Meteor Weapon
Oct 7, 2017, 11:12 AM
Things that annoy me the most is that youtube reviewers tend to miss the point the fact that PSO2 west is impossible at this point, leaving people a false hope or worst make people resent sega for the wrong stupid reasons.

blkbox11
Oct 7, 2017, 12:42 PM
Things that annoy me the most is that youtube reviewers tend to
Wait, there are more of these? I've always thought that the 'Bring it West' mentality was limited to older PS game fans who are not as well informed about the Tweaker and/or just picky about the language.

Having Youtube video creators who do this certainly would explain why this sentiment continues to propagate instead of dying out.

Shoterxx
Oct 7, 2017, 01:20 PM
limited to older PS game fans who are not as well informed about the Tweaker and/or just picky about the language.

Well, it's about SEGA having forgotten us/ditched us more than any of those. Also, I receive some petition thingy about every month or so to "BRING PSO2 WEST". It's time to stop! No more!

Meteor Weapon
Oct 7, 2017, 01:52 PM
They never really remembered or take note the tragedy that is PSU NA and PSO2 SEA did they.

Having Youtube video creators who do this certainly would explain why this sentiment continues to propagate instead of dying out.

The the description of the video i posted in the first post literally said this:-

"In an odd announcement, Sega seems to have remembered Phantasy Star Online 2 and they are putting it on the Nintendo Switch in Japan only. Not only that, it's not actually being installed to the system supposedly and will be streaming much like DQX does on the 3DS. Either way, it's on so many systems (even cell phones) so Sega, it's time to bring this game westward."

Ignorant youtubers who dont do their goddamn research are one of the things in the internet I hate the most, the description alone makes me not want to watch the video because it would most likely be complaining about the game not coming to the west.

blkbox11
Oct 7, 2017, 02:04 PM
Well, it's about SEGA having forgotten us/ditched us more than any of those. Also, I receive some petition thingy about every month or so to "BRING PSO2 WEST". It's time to stop! No more!
I forgot to mention those who are not as well informed about the situation in general, too. Then again, I believe this information on 'why no Western PSO2' is not pinned anywhere outside of reddit. It also wouldn't stop people who feel entitled to a Western PSO2 release.

Ignorant youtubers who dont do their goddamn research are one of the things in the internet I hate the most, the description alone makes me not want to watch the video because it would most likely be complaining about the game not coming to the west.
I know that guy was spreading it, but when you said youtube reviewers in your previous post, that was plural. I was asking if there are more youtubers besides this person who also did the same.

Meteor Weapon
Oct 7, 2017, 02:09 PM
Ah sorry, I guess made it sound too broad. Well there's this video that got kinda famous for awhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouKcCW2aC54

Meteor Weapon
Oct 7, 2017, 02:12 PM
And sorry for double post, here's more of the videos which i havent watched yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2p9pIXg-ys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVvKDf53O4A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSvPXw0EYi8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDz8AZ7avUY

blkbox11
Oct 7, 2017, 02:29 PM
This is all terrifying but also hilarious at the same time. I just watched the first video and it was the stereotypical old Western PSO player reaction to the game.

Time to watch the rest.

Cyclon
Oct 7, 2017, 09:17 PM
They don't want any compromises while playing a video game, which, in a way, is understandable. I feel like one of the biggest reasons that's still a thing is that if you completely skipped PSU(like a lot of people did, it got terrible reviews and was pay2play after all) and aren't keeping tabs on the state of SoA, it's easy to be uninformed and not realize that a western version would most likely be way worse even.

They are quite silly and stupid
Let's not forget, this has all been a big gamble here, on the dedication of an awesome team of fans and Sega/the japanese community's leniency. Nobody's stupid for not taking a gamble.

Raujinn
Oct 9, 2017, 07:49 PM
It's almost like people just want to play a game without having to depend on 3rd party software made by god knows who and to be entitled to customer support should they have technical issues or not get locked out of their account forever because they can't appeal a ban or to conveniently make microtransaction purchases.

Stupid people LOL

Sirius-91
Oct 9, 2017, 09:09 PM
It's almost like people just want to play a game without having to depend on 3rd party software made by god knows who and to be entitled to customer support should they have technical issues or not get locked out of their account forever because they can't appeal a ban or to conveniently make microtransaction purchases.

Stupid people LOL

I really want a western server, so SEGA can enjoy once more what we're suffering.

Alexandrious12
Oct 13, 2017, 12:28 AM
At this point, 5 years after the original release, I can only say these people are delusional. The desire for this game gives them enough power to complain for years, but not enough power to spend some time with a capcha and check some checkboxes in Tweaker. If NA release was to come, they'd play 20 hours and quit because they'd be tired, or because it wouldn't be like they imagined it, or some other shit. And don't forget the fact that SoA has barely any money ever since Sonic Boom fiasco (it's all their fault and nobody asked for it, but in the end it shouldn't be taken off account).

Some of them say that they want "communication", which is "impossible" on JP server due to language barrier. You can find an English-speaking team very easily on Ship 2, and majority of the teams are incredibly friendly. In most online games communication (whether it's with random people or team/guildmates) more often than not boils down to shit-flinging and blame-shifting, which detracts from experience more than anything else.

Sadly not the case for most, my girlfriend and I dont play it since the translation, which many touts as 90 percent on average for all things, is really around 70 percent, and alot of important tutorial, menu items, and NPC quests are completely untranslated. Therefore, it becomes a pain because we have to figure out what it all means, research online, and spend time doing that to figure things out than just playing the game.

Its been put out of my mind anyway. But if a western release comes yea, ill likely drop ESO since I cant play XIV anymore, and put my MMO time into PSO2. There is nothing else worth a damn for me and her to play until 2019, when Pantheon comes out. Other than, SEs other mmo.....but it is held hostage once again on the sales of a single player game of its franchise coming out in early 2018.

Meh. Oh well. Either way, if PSO2 came out west all of a sudden, id play it, id put money into it, and id stick with it until the inevitable plug pull from the usual faults: Slow content releases, cheating/hacking, lack of support, low population, etc, etc, like it did all the games before.

Sighs, I pray Yoshi-P finding his replacement means he is going to that other SE mmo to start localizing it for the west since he has experience to do so now. Meh.

Calsetes
Oct 13, 2017, 02:27 PM
The only reason why I still want to see a Western release at some point - despite playing it on the Japanese servers without issue - is mainly this:

As an English-speaking non-Japanese player, as soon as any sort of a "false flag" is done against my account for any reason, that's it. I'm done. The money I spent on the game? Down the drain.

With an English version of the game, I can work out something with support - "No, I didn't log in for three months because I was playing other games. No, I speak English, but I follow all the other rules of the Terms of Service. No, I didn't use any sort of third-party tool to give myself an advantage." With this version, though, I don't know if Google Translate will help me out enough to work out any potential issues with them - and my poor Japanese would definitely be a sign that I'm not likely a native Japanese and thus shouldn't be playing in the first place.

That's all. The odds of that happening are slim, but they're higher than if it were a global or a Western game, where I can play that without praying someone doesn't decide "Nope, fuck it, evil gaijin gets reported because he used a Monomate instead of a Dimate." When you sink money into a game you like... knowing it can be taken away so easily bothers me.

Zorak000
Oct 13, 2017, 02:54 PM
such can be said about life

Shoterxx
Oct 13, 2017, 06:08 PM
As an English-speaking non-Japanese player, as soon as any sort of a "false flag" is done against my account for any reason, that's it. I'm done. The money I spent on the game? Down the drain.

It'd still go down the drain with a NA/EU server, since I don't see it going for more than a year.

SteveCZ
Oct 13, 2017, 07:54 PM
opened http://www.pso2.com/us (http://www.pso2.com/us/) ... ah, it still works... even the Facebook page... :^)

Just a glimpse of false hope you guys have been waiting (still) for 5 years. :-(

Keilyn
Oct 14, 2017, 12:32 AM
My problem with western releases are not the developers, but the publishers.

Do you really want to trust
Aeria Games
My.Com
SEGA OF AMERICA

with publishing a Japanese game in the U.S?

SEGA stopped publishing a lot in the U.S and Europe due to the fact a lot of their stuff bombed in the West between 2006 and 2011. Look it up yourself if you do not believe me. They have also proven that while they have the resources, they simply do not have the personnel, or skill to handle a global game. At least when I play FF XIV (also a jpn game), there are data centers in North America, Europe, and Japan (to have its playerbase happy and with good ping).

Do I desire and wish for a language localization and possibly Localization Rights?

I saw how SoA handled Phantasy Star Online - 1 and Phantasy Star Universe here. I did not like it. I can not believe that any localization in the States would give us a complete 1: 1 game without it being butchered somehow. Not to mention that there isn't a guarantee of a perfect or good translation to exist either in the West...

The model as well would have to be changed.
When Black Desert Online was released in the West, its business model and game design were altered to fit B2P standards as the original game was released in Korea as an F2P. The director of the game claimed that Westerners are so afraid of F2P being part of the label of a game due to P2W standards (which are common cultural trends in Korea and China to pay for everything as a way of life) that the only way to make it in the west is to adapt a game to western culture..

I think for PSO-2 to be successful in the west and not bomb in the way that PSU-NA/EU (PC Version) is to actually make the game appealing to westerners instead of the typical "here is our cut and butchered game without most of the content... deal with it!" attitude..

I remember having much better response time in PSU-JP than in PSU-NA/EU due to servers in Japan being far better than the super shitty American servers that had frequent crashes. Remember all of those times that the login servers crashed, forcing players to remain logged in for the entire night because if they logged out, they wouldn't be able to log in? That was brutal and nightmarish....

Anyhow...
Phantasy Star has a special place in my life.

It helped me a lot in my weaknesses in Japanese as a language and eventually my reading/writing improved to the point I was able to begin reading/translating Japanese research slowly. I also fell for the characters and especially the music to the point i learned a lot on my Guitar, Bass, and Keyboard. Some of course hyper-versions of the music. PSO-2 is the first Phantasy Star game where the graphics to me kept getting closer and closer to life-like anime, and the characters are a work of art, but a lot of toxic behavior exists from both, SEGA and its updates, along with the community and their endless complaints (some of them have merit, others are plain banter), which keep me from playing further this iteration of the series.

I just really feel that in every gaming experience I've had where the Developer and Publisher were not the same to a game... the experience has been subpar to the original for me....

Enforcer MKV
Oct 14, 2017, 01:18 AM
People shouldn't be begging Sega to bring the game west, they should be ripping them apart for going through the trouble of making an English site and then never giving us a product over here.

Regardless of whether the site is appealing or not, they still went through the effort of putting it together, and then they don't even have the balls to confirm a cancellation. While I do think people should give up the ghost at this point...this is partly on Sega as well.

Selphea
Oct 14, 2017, 02:20 AM
People shouldn't be begging Sega to bring the game west, they should be ripping them apart for going through the trouble of making an English site and then never giving us a product over here.

Regardless of whether the site is appealing or not, they still went through the effort of putting it together, and then they don't even have the balls to confirm a cancellation. While I do think people should give up the ghost at this point...this is partly on Sega as well.

I blame the intern who clicked Publish then left after 3 months!

Totori
Oct 14, 2017, 09:02 PM
Peeps really should give SEGA more of a hassle for not saying anything. Just say it's canceled, so most people can move on with their day. People do still want this out, because well why not? They liked the game, when they played PSO/PSU/PSP2 and it'll give them a nice start or whatever.

SteveCZ
Oct 14, 2017, 09:18 PM
Basically I agree on that. They can just confirm what happened to the west version to stop this haunting thread and talks. I'm actually more curious on why they don't want to though.

GHNeko
Oct 14, 2017, 09:32 PM
It does SegaC no good to announce that the western version is not coming. :wacko:

So dont expect them to do so.