PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 lags lately

rsod
Oct 16, 2017, 02:12 PM
Lately (3-4-5 days) I had severe issues connecting to the game. I don't know what is it: it doesn't seems to be any related with my network, because every other game/site/program works just fine and no problems, tried to use Japanese vpn - thing is, my connection to vpn is stable but connection to the game is not...
Well, it's not that I want to ask for help (I did already on discord, and nothing worked really, althought if someone has ideas I'll be glad to hear them) but, I would like to know if someone else experiencing same issues, please let me know. I want to figure out whether it's purely my problem or it's server or some intermediate channel issue.

MDashK
Oct 16, 2017, 03:09 PM
Lately (3-4-5 days) I had severe issues connecting to the game. I don't know what is it: it doesn't seems to be any related with my network, because every other game/site/program works just fine and no problems, tried to use Japanese vpn - thing is, my connection to vpn is stable but connection to the game is not...
Well, it's not that I want to ask for help (I did already on discord, and nothing worked really, althought if someone has ideas I'll be glad to hear them) but, I would like to know if someone else experiencing same issues, please let me know. I want to figure out whether it's purely my problem or it's server or some intermediate channel issue.

You're not alone...
Tell me something... Out of curiosity, are you in Portugal, and if so, is your ISP Nowo?

Shirousagi
Oct 16, 2017, 03:24 PM
Not from Portugal or even close to it, but experience occasionally heavy lags last several days. It's probably not the fault of your or mine local ISP. Probably fault of Japanese ISP SEGA uses or some higher tier ISP, again.

MDashK
Oct 16, 2017, 03:40 PM
Hmmm... I asked that because I had some issues with my internet connection in this past 2 days...
But... Something that I noticed... This is somehow related to blocks...
It might be silly, but I've had issues only in some specific blocks, and not always...

I notice that when I start to get all this lag.. I change block, and most of the time, it fixes it.
It doesn't matter if the block is almost full or a lot of players around or anything...

Also, couple of minutes ago, I tried to play on my Vita..
First couple of login tries failed with the 249 error... But after about 3 ou 5 tries, I logged in, and I've been playing fine without lag...
I play on the Vita on and off, and I've been playing in it since almost the very beginning, so...

It's weird... You get all this lag and connection issues, fighting enemies and damage only showing up like 10 or 20 seconds later...
Then you change block, and all is well...

SteveCZ
Oct 16, 2017, 04:28 PM
I have 3 ISPs, 1 ISP is a broadband, and it has condition like MDashK (except the login problems) which usually end up having a packet loss.
1 other is my mobile carrier internet doing just fine. My saviour. :-D
The last one is a mobile wifi internet (supposedly pretty much the same as mobile internet) and it is doing just fine as well.

FireFox276
Oct 16, 2017, 05:40 PM
I'd like to add that I too am getting horrible lag. Based in UK with Virgin Media and has been happening since yesterday (Sunday). All equipment rebooted but still the same thing.

doomdragon83
Oct 16, 2017, 05:48 PM
I'm in NY and experiencing this too, I connect directly without vpn but I'm getting all of this lag. I haven't played in about a month or so but I doubt that has to do with anything.

AirinMikune
Oct 17, 2017, 04:14 AM
Well I can confirm this is happening to me as well, there are times it takes 10 sec to open my storage or transfer to ship.

It's maybe Sega testing their cloud thingy in preparation for the switch version.

Dragwind
Oct 17, 2017, 07:07 PM
This seems to be happening to a good chunk of players lately. I've seen some EQs and BQs go way out of sync because of it for the whole MPA.

KaizoKage
Oct 17, 2017, 08:25 PM
it seems this is happening to me too, something like 5 secs delay or more

Shirousagi
Oct 18, 2017, 06:03 AM
To confirm - does anyone experience this huge lag/delay when they use telepipe proxy? Seems like when I switch to proxy lags are gone, so there is some routing issue at some point in Japan probably?

MDashK
Oct 21, 2017, 04:34 AM
Am I the only one that's feeling that today this as gone to hell levels?
Like buying a drink and getting stuck in there, the quest starts but the drink loading is still stuck, not to mention the crazy lag between loadings?

Cyber Meteor
Oct 21, 2017, 04:41 AM
Many ppl atm got dc'ed or can't login atm, me too i lag super hard if i ever manage to login

EDIT: Everything got back to normal for me now

MDashK
Oct 21, 2017, 05:15 AM
Many ppl atm got dc'ed or can't login atm, me too i lag super hard if i ever manage to login

EDIT: Everything got back to normal for me now

Yeah, that probably won't last long....

I get into Ultimate quest, enter a warp... get stuck there... I still keep receiving the EXP from the defeated enemies.. See all damage around... Still stuck... And BAM, 630... How can it be 630, if I was receiving the EXP and seeing damage? Something's definitelly wrong with the damn network of the game...
Some IT tech must really have f*ck*d up some switch or something...

Kintama
Oct 21, 2017, 05:34 AM
Second 630, this game doesn't work today

Don-Quichotte
Oct 21, 2017, 05:36 AM
I got weird lags too and when it happened , I was able to see everyone moving/talking in real time while I couldn't and was getting infinite loading.
Did this happen to you guys as well ?

Shirousagi
Oct 21, 2017, 05:57 AM
Yep, managed to login but lags were too strong. Second time I couldn't even log into game.

And yes, past week there were instances when I saw everyone moving/talking, but was stuck in lag for several minutes until getting 630 error.

Cyber Meteor
Oct 21, 2017, 06:08 AM
EQ time : lag is back, got a 630 during ToT while doing dmg and such

Kintama
Oct 21, 2017, 06:17 AM
I'm trying to join an mpa but i've been in loading tunnel for 3mn

Hyri
Oct 21, 2017, 06:24 AM
I haven't had a problem up until today for some reason today was the day that pso2 just didn't wanna work right
I've had a slow load/lag on pso2.jp, pso2es, and pso2 so I don't know what happened but something is behaving weird.

I should note this all started Oct 20th for me.

blanc1990
Oct 21, 2017, 08:19 AM
the Lag Issues started already on last week Friday. mini Lag Issues (2 - 5 Sec once in 3 Min steps are normal for me idm)

My Lag Issues started from Last Friday (8 days now in total), Lags started slowly. 5 - 10 Sec delay of my DMG counted. Saw everyone else clearly moving, dealign DMG etc.
Just Mini lags at last Friday but now last 2 or 3 Days are clearly heavy Lags in PSO2. Last Profound Invasion i did was buggy too. Loser moved without attacking but in attack animation.

Make sure if you in an EQ/MPA check how long it takes to game regist your DMG as counted.

Europe France before someone asks

Kintama
Oct 21, 2017, 09:13 AM
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/295890205737615363/371297818503282688/unknown.png?width=1202&height=677
This game doesn't run

blanc1990
Oct 22, 2017, 04:50 AM
I guess still Lag Issues in PSO2?

Dragwind
Oct 23, 2017, 04:38 AM
I guess still Lag Issues in PSO2?

Not entirely sure, but I no longer seemed to have lag issues yesterday.

MDashK
Oct 23, 2017, 11:44 AM
Yeah, seems to be gone... Let's hope it keeps that way. =)

blanc1990
Oct 24, 2017, 06:01 AM
Lag are still existent. Hope they are gone after Maintaince.

Edit: Long Loading times. Seeing People Running/Talking in Real Time i jsut stay in lobby, cant move or use start menu. Its defenetive not gone yet

Editē: Lags over 2 Min, no 630 Meanwhile. Attacking Mobs and dmg gets counted after 1 min. Unplayable at this moment and even Japanese People have this Terrible Lag.

cheeto
Oct 24, 2017, 07:16 AM
I keep getting this lag randomly, matter of fact I have gotten a 630 about 10 times this morning, I currently cannot even play boosted PI, its awful, and every other game or service I use the internet for works perfect, streaming games, watching streams, playing other games, browsing the net, etc etc, speed test show really good time etc, but pso2 is like randomly running perfect and then laggy as can be, It's very frustrating.

East Coast United States here btw.

blanc1990
Oct 24, 2017, 07:51 AM
13th Disconnect in 2h meanwhile later. (Did Daily Craft and Yamigarasu Order so far. New record 2h for daily craft)

NightlightPro
Oct 24, 2017, 08:13 AM
same here, 630 madness. EU no proxy

blanc1990
Oct 24, 2017, 08:41 AM
>So now an Official Count of 22 Disconnects via 630. 3 Game restartes. and Lags above 1 Min long range. 2hours and 30 Minutes of Pure Pain of Lag Horror was enough for the Day. Sega has Server Issues. Tested it also with a Friend now. Kuron TA run. I Typed at Start "let me kill" and for him i still stay on Middle while i moved and try to kill mobs meanwhile. Saw mobs dying and he moving with my Friend Partner aswell! Its from Segas Side now!

NightlightPro
Oct 24, 2017, 08:43 AM
lol 630'd even on character/menu screen

https://i.imgur.com/jG7rXaS.jpg

edit: also getting error 249 or something like that

blanc1990
Oct 24, 2017, 08:48 AM
@NightlightPro 249 means Game thinks you still Logged in and dont let you in.

Don-Quichotte
Oct 24, 2017, 09:10 AM
Are you guys from europe ?

awcg
Oct 24, 2017, 09:16 AM
I just got 630 twice around ten minutes ago.

Are you guys from europe ?

I am.

NightlightPro
Oct 24, 2017, 09:34 AM
Same here. Now I'm getting an error when i'm trying to log-in

"Connection timed out" whatever that means

KuroNeko77
Oct 24, 2017, 09:37 AM
I managed to dodge the lag until now, but trying to log in for Profound Invasion earlier was a pain.

I got a 630 right at the character selection screen, another one trying to reach the team room, and yet another one when I tried picking a block.
The run itself was quite laggy as well, and I wonder how I managed to clear it without getting 630'd.

Also from Europe.

Don-Quichotte
Oct 24, 2017, 09:52 AM
So far I've only seen european people getting this lag.
also everyone else in my friendlist was fine except me (from europe)

blanc1990
Oct 24, 2017, 09:55 AM
@Don-Quichotte cheeto is from USA. Just saying. And some of my US friends having this Issues too. Isnt just Europe. Even JP complains on Twitter

Edit: we had this Heavy Lag Issues 1 Year ago aswell. US JP and EU had it too. Sega surely changed something.

Cadfael
Oct 24, 2017, 11:39 AM
I'm from the US, and I've been getting some pretty beefy lag. It was okay for a few days, but started again earlier to the point where I would be disconnected every time I tried to change blocks.

NightlightPro
Nov 8, 2017, 05:39 AM
is any1 getting 630's since today's update?

Hysteria1987
Nov 8, 2017, 11:09 PM
Had proper lag issues yesterday right after the server came back online - Australia.

More concerning to me, though, is the fact that I can't log in to the PSO2 website at all - I've never failed so many captchas in my life, and I'm sure I'm getting them right (even had a friend good at Japanese try a few with the same results - and logged off/back on the game to make sure I wasn't doing something dumb with username/passwords). Now I've got a webmoney code burning a hole in my pocket that I can't use at the moment :(

Anyone else having issues with the site too?

[EDIT]: I got through today... after a good few tries. The site lagged hard too, I was lucky to get through the whole process.

NightlightPro
Apr 5, 2018, 03:42 AM
any1 else from europe having trouble connecting?

pso2.jp aint even working

edit: nvm site is working now but still very laggy

Kinaya
Apr 5, 2018, 03:50 AM
any1 else from europe having trouble connecting?

pso2.jp aint even working

edit: nvm site is working now but still very laggy

Yeah, started with some small lags and ended up dc'ing 2 times and later couldn't even connect to any JP game for around 5-10min

silo1991
Apr 5, 2018, 09:49 AM
i notice the lag in mother EQ last week , i died suddenly without a sign of what the hell hit me , the cage kill me even if i was outside and DB transformation took forever to complete

Zulastar
Apr 5, 2018, 11:48 AM
Can't play any free triggers started by other players. Open window and immediately close it few times without a trigger on, then on next opening to find it already full and started... Or see it with ~/12, but while I click trough all joining shit it's anyways gives me a message about it's full.

Same shit with a players store. When I see a really good lot added just in the moment I open this Players store just to find out about it was bought out already.

Masu
Apr 5, 2018, 03:53 PM
Can't play any free triggers started by other players. Open window and immediately close it few times without a trigger on, then on next opening to find it already full and started... Or see it with ~/12, but while I click trough all joining shit it's anyways gives me a message about it's full.

Same shit with a players store. When I see a really good lot added just in the moment I open this Players store just to find out about it was bought out already.

This have nothing to do with lag but how borked the status update is imho. I mean you get exact same issue when trying to force your way in a block which is about to start to fill its premium space (speaking from a fremium pov here :D ). Only way to get an accurate view on situation is to close menu and start again...meanwhile, trigger pug queue got full or you lost your single chance to reach a block.