Oct 24, 2017, 10:15 AM
Stances unchained!
Faster actives!
DEX MAGs have a purpose!
Techer gets another buff!
Cruel Throw is slightly less garbage?

Anduril
Oct 24, 2017, 10:18 AM
Woooo! Now to use all my Excubes to lower my 110 R-ATK, 90 DEX down to be able to take full advantage of Braver mag.

final_attack
Oct 24, 2017, 10:27 AM
Stances unchained!
A free slot!!!!
Gonna be used for DarkBlast tho, no? '-')

SteveCZ
Oct 24, 2017, 10:46 AM
My dex mag can finally have a real full-time job.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 24, 2017, 01:11 PM
Stances unchained!
Faster actives!
DEX MAGs have a purpose!
Techer gets another buff!
Cruel Throw is slightly less garbage?

Well, guess I'll be that guy; source?

Sayara
Oct 24, 2017, 01:18 PM
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/oct-25th-2017-balance-changes/
changes!
sources!
information!
Pizza

Enforcer MKV
Oct 24, 2017, 01:20 PM
I could reeeeaally go for some pizza right now...

Zorak000
Oct 24, 2017, 02:32 PM
cruel throw might wind up being a staple PA for swords now that it actually works (and is apparently getting a 1.35x power boost)

the elemental weak hit thing really only helps it as a subclass, like compound techs for fo/te I suppose. that and I guess makes wand element change slightly less required but still super required for having only one wand (or a few wands that do different things) force and techer both need some serious skill tree reworks. force needs to have all 6 elemental masteries and perhaps some other adjustments so force can be a class that specializes in few elements and can ignore exploiting elemental weaknesses, techs would need to be re-adjusted so fire+dark+light isn't bar-none the best thing to build for such an idea, allowing techer's casting ability to focus on exploiting elemental weaknesses without having to specialize in any single one.

like maybe have force get a main-class skill that causes them to ignore elemental resistances and weaknesses altogether, and it gives minor power boost. then have techer get an main-class-only elemental weak hit Plus that does something a little extra on top of damage.

just sorta throwing ideas at the wall here myself

ZerotakerZX
Oct 24, 2017, 03:04 PM
Cruel throw? SO PAs are being rework again too?

Cyber Meteor
Oct 24, 2017, 03:28 PM
Is it the part2 of the balance update they talked about? The one which would have been based on player's feedback after the one of 9/27? or the part1 of balance update has been splitted in 2 parts and the real part2 will come in few months (since part 1 was supposed to be out on 10/25 instead of 9/27)? I mean, it feels pretty quick to get new balance update that was supposed to be based on player's feedback, so i'm not sure if it's still Part 1 or the Part2.........

Altiea
Oct 24, 2017, 04:37 PM
like maybe have force get a main-class skill that causes them to ignore elemental resistances and weaknesses altogether, and it gives minor power boost. then have techer get an main-class-only elemental weak hit Plus that does something a little extra on top of damage.

Funny you mention this; in Phantasy Star Nova, they had the pretty novel idea to arm Force with Skills that would inflict debuffs on enemies when you hit them with a melee attack that make them weak to an element; for example, you could equip a Skill that has a chance to make the target weak to Fire when you hit it with a melee attack. This made Element Weak Hit (and its Element Weak Strike and Element Weak Shoot counterparts) extremely potent because on mooks, you can just force the target to be weak to the element of your choice, then start hammering it with Techs.

starwind75043
Oct 24, 2017, 05:59 PM
Funny you mention this; in Phantasy Star Nova, they had the pretty novel idea to arm Force with Skills that would inflict debuffs on enemies when you hit them with a melee attack that make them weak to an element; for example, you could equip a Skill that has a chance to make the target weak to Fire when you hit it with a melee attack. This made Element Weak Hit (and its Element Weak Strike and Element Weak Shoot counterparts) extremely potent because on mooks, you can just force the target to be weak to the element of your choice, then start hammering it with Techs.

That's actually pretty neat they could probably bring something like this to the game by making it a ring.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 24, 2017, 06:22 PM
That's actually pretty neat they could probably bring something like this to the game by making it a ring.

There's a crapton of things in nova that would have made pso2 class design much less shit.

Great Pan
Oct 24, 2017, 06:54 PM
Pointless, still gonna be a energy shot-spamming Hero.

Altiea
Oct 24, 2017, 07:44 PM
There's a crapton of things in nova that would have made pso2 class design much less shit.

*cough* Skill Board

GHNeko
Oct 24, 2017, 09:27 PM
cant wait to not lose out in millions of damage just because i need to turn on 4 actives at once.

Zorak000
Oct 24, 2017, 09:44 PM
Cruel throw? SO PAs are being rework again too?

no they just forgot cruel throw existed in the last batch; this is the only PA getting anything done to it this update

MightyHarken
Oct 24, 2017, 09:57 PM
I wish they added a sort of finisher PA for sword users. Over End feels so useless at times, compared to nova strike or rising edge. Imagine having a charge PA for hunter that dishes out a single enemy power stab that hits for 7000% power and is spammable.

ZerotakerZX
Oct 24, 2017, 11:35 PM
no they just forgot cruel throw existed in the last batch; this is the only PA getting anything done to it this update

Oh, I can't see any info on it. power buff or something more intresting?

Nova is so good for a portable game, sometimes it even looks better than PSO2. Tri ace really should make their own MMO. I mean: they usually have good combat and graphx even with very limited hardware. Story often sucks, but that's not crucial for an online game.

Zorak000
Oct 24, 2017, 11:43 PM
Oh, I can't see any info on it. power buff or something more intresting?
they are making the light orb you grab when you hit something ungrabbable actually deal the full damage, instead of almost no damage at all

also according to swiki it's getting a 1.35x damage boost, I assume somebody reverse-engineered the numbers that popped up when they used it in the trailer.

that power boost will put it on par or better than most of sword's current single-target options I think

Cyclon
Oct 25, 2017, 12:05 AM
Woooo! Now to use all my Excubes to lower my 110 R-ATK, 90 DEX down to be able to take full advantage of Braver mag.
Alternatively, you give 5500 excubes to me, and I give you a couple bucks so you can grab a new mag.

I'm not really one to talk though, since I've been progressively fixing my old 120(or was it 130?) s-atk mag with excubes as well...

Enforcer MKV
Oct 25, 2017, 12:25 AM
Alternatively, you give 5500 excubes to me, and I give you a couple bucks so you can grab a new mag.

I'm not really one to talk though, since I've been progressively fixing my old 120(or was it 130?) s-atk mag with excubes as well...

Yeah, I've fixed En's mag and I'm currently working on fixing a second character's mag with Excubes. In most case, I don't really like giving Sega money anymore. >>;;;;

Also; stance now passives? Huh, neat!

ZerotakerZX
Oct 25, 2017, 12:27 AM
Yeah, I've fixed En's mag and I'm currently working on fixing a second character's mag with Excubes. In most case, I don't really like giving Sega money anymore. >>;;;;

Also; stance now passives? Huh, neat!Damn, ppl. Excubes are worth more than actual money, when we talking about proportions like this. I mean: to get cubes and money both require some amount of RL time.

Altiea
Oct 25, 2017, 01:49 AM
Full patch notes have been released, which means, of course, there's stuff they didn't tell us!

The FULL list of Active Skills getting their Cast animation sped up is:

War Cry
Massive Hunter
Limit Break
Rapid Shoot
Photon Blade Fever
Rapid Boost
Photon Flare
Freeze Ignition
Poison Ignition
PP Convert
Alter Ego

Terrence
Oct 25, 2017, 02:41 AM
People are still surprised SEGA don't give players all update information anymore ? Seeing how they all complain for EVERYTHING weeks/months before the release, surely this is the best thing to do ! :wacko:

Massive Hunter, Photon Blade F. and PP Convert are possibly the most useful changes. http://nibelungen.orgfree.com/sa2awesome.png

GHNeko
Oct 25, 2017, 03:18 AM
People are still surprised SEGA don't give players all update information anymore ? Seeing how they all complain for EVERYTHING weeks/months before the release, surely this is the best thing to do ! :wacko:

No. Showing a lack of transparency is not the best thing to do.

I don't know what world thinks this is okay.

Zephyrion
Oct 25, 2017, 04:28 AM
No. Showing a lack of transparency is not the best thing to do.

I don't know what world thinks this is okay.

I'd agree with you, but they clearly stated in the patch notes "and others" after the list of active they sped up. They probably weren't sure of whether they should speed up stuff like MH or PP convert, bu they did in the end. While it's a nice thing, it's not enough of a game-changer to be upset about it not being properly announced.

Atmius
Oct 25, 2017, 04:56 AM
As far as announcing things go, I'd actually rather they keep more things a secret rather than less. There's nothing to really be surprised about, or secret things to find when literally everything for upcoming months is show in advance.

Gaylar
Oct 25, 2017, 07:56 AM
Little to no chance of actually getting interrupted using Massive Hunter and War Cry, and now I can easily reap War Brave's benefits without needing to waste 3~4 seconds stuck in a silly animation lock.

Too bad they didn't just give us the instant cast a la Hero's version or whatever, but I guess that's a tiny part of the prices you pay playing a "basic" class :wacko:

Still, all these changes made me a very happy Hunter.

Selphea
Oct 25, 2017, 08:28 AM
They mentioned a while back that they were adding new skills weren't they? Looks like that'll be Part 3 somewhere in 2018

GHNeko
Oct 25, 2017, 04:51 PM
They mentioned a while back that they were adding new skills weren't they? Looks like that'll be Part 3 somewhere in 2018

As long as they're not main class only; I'll welcome them gladly.

final_attack
Oct 25, 2017, 08:20 PM
Not sure where to post this but apparently Avenger and Bluesy (weapons) have really powerful pots: 18% crit dmg + 70% CR (avenger) and 22% JA dmg 40% non JA PP recovery (bluesy), for ~150 less attack than their respective Gix counterparts at max grind

Standard PhotonSphere? :o Or does it need PhotonBooster / ArenaBooster?

escarlata
Oct 25, 2017, 08:21 PM
Standard PhotonSphere? :o Or does it need PhotonBooster / ArenaBooster?
Oh my bad, I misread swiki and by the time I realized my mistake and deleted my comment it was already quoted :/ Apparently swiki links 13 vers back to the original ver for some reason. And I was so hyped for good new weapons too...

GHNeko
Oct 25, 2017, 08:50 PM
Oh my bad, I misread swiki and by the time I realized my mistake and deleted my comment it was already quoted :/ Apparently swiki links 13 vers back to the original ver for some reason. And I was so hyped for good new weapons too...

Swiki shows both pot sets for both versions of the weapon.

The left side is original avenger, while the right side is NT.

NT pots arent listed on Swiki yet.

escarlata
Oct 25, 2017, 09:39 PM
Swiki shows both pot sets for both versions of the weapon.

The left side is original avenger, while the right side is NT.

NT pots arent listed on Swiki yet.
Yea somehow I conveniently forgot about that and proceeded to scroll down to the pot section. Right after I commented, I felt those may be too strong so then I checked again and :facepalm:

Anyway, they updated those, Avenger gets non-weak point dmg bonus (27%) and Bluesy gets 5% dmg per JG with a cap of 15%. Basically both are trash

Altiea
Oct 25, 2017, 09:54 PM
Yea somehow I conveniently forgot about that and proceeded to scroll down to the pot section. Right after I commented, I felt those may be too strong so then I checked again and :facepalm:

Anyway, they updated those, Avenger gets non-weak point dmg bonus (27%) and Bluesy gets 5% dmg per JG with a cap of 15%. Basically both are trash

Avenger's isn't that terrible; it's almost like Launcher Non-Weak Bonus, but for Rifle. Good against mobs. You can sub it along a main Rifle and hop between the two depending on what you're fighting.

Prestigious Protection is pretty meh, though.

final_attack
Oct 25, 2017, 10:13 PM

Ah, my bad ..... was away doing chores after replying ;w;