PDA

View Full Version : Dark Blast: OW THE EDGE

Altiea
Oct 25, 2017, 01:53 AM
Before you ask, YES THEY ADDED AN AUTOWORD SLOT.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 25, 2017, 02:02 AM
Mine will be...

I'M SO COOOOOOOOOOL

Totally original. Do not steal.

final_attack
Oct 25, 2017, 02:04 AM
Oh btw, did they list the LAs that can be used for transformation?
I want "/la cheers" :wacko:

Masu
Oct 25, 2017, 02:12 AM
Mine will be...

I'M SO COOOOOOOOOOL

Totally original. Do not steal.

Isn't it with this update we can block dodge autowords?:-D

ZerotakerZX
Oct 25, 2017, 03:14 AM
Did they added? Oh? They did? Kewl.

loafhero
Oct 25, 2017, 05:53 AM
It did pretty decently during the brand new EQ despite me having yet to pump in any EXP at the time. I can take out Golems faster than I normally do as a Hero. Gotta max out those skills to really see the full EDGE.

By the way, can the PA placement be changed or can it not be changed at all?

Kondibon
Oct 25, 2017, 06:24 AM
Music for your AMV needs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6CEjG-bCVM
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6CEjG-bCVM)

EDIT: Wait. I'm a moron. This is way more relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xti_6Bzpa8A

ZerotakerZX
Oct 25, 2017, 07:51 AM
Music for your AMV needs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6CEjG-bCVM
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6CEjG-bCVM)

EDIT: Wait. I'm a moron. This is way more relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xti_6Bzpa8A'Animal I have become' is better.

loafhero
Oct 25, 2017, 08:34 AM
Given the way the Dark Blast menu is designed and how we have to click the picture to complete the transformation, I'm more convinced that there will be new Dark Blast forms later updates.

Also, I like how a short tune version of Falz Hunar's theme plays as we transform. Reminds me a lot of post-Den-O Kamen Riders transformations of which catchy tunes always plays during transformations.

Kondibon
Oct 25, 2017, 08:37 AM
'Animal I have become' is better.Yeah but hero is already Dante, and Dark Blast is already Devil Trigger.

Terrence
Oct 25, 2017, 08:43 AM
I'm more convinced that there will be new Dark Blast forms later updates.
Also, I like how a short tune version of Falz Hunar's theme plays as we transform.More forms will be a thing for sure. I really think they'll add Dark Blast FUN/AC Scratch cosmetic items too. And yes, Falz Hunar short theme during our transformation is just epic !

Kondibon
Oct 25, 2017, 08:50 AM
I was worried this would get grindy, but got a little under 38k exp doing a single 11 risk SHAQ, so it's probably not gonna be that bad.

oratank
Oct 25, 2017, 08:53 AM
300k for one omega xh eq with75%

isCasted
Oct 25, 2017, 09:00 AM
Eh? XH EQ consistently gave me ~800k (75% EXP 100% Tri) per run, even if I don't use the form at all.
Some skills cost up to 7m EXP on the highest levels.

Terrence
Oct 25, 2017, 09:52 AM
Speaking of grindy things, I'm doing those Dark Blast related Collection Files (which apparently boost the DB jauge charge speed and DB form duration) but... Can someone explain me THIS ?

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://nibelungen.orgfree.com/pso2whymini.png (http://nibelungen.orgfree.com/pso2why.png)[/SPOILER-BOX]
Such a difference whereas I took them both at the same time... :(

final_attack
Oct 25, 2017, 09:55 AM
Speaking of grindy things, I'm doing those Dark Blast related Collection Files (which apparently boost the DB jauge charge speed and DB form duration) but... Can someone explain me THIS ?

Maybe some mobs inside the quest can help fill the gauge (Stina-NT and CrusadeLore-NT only shows the castle, right?)
Edit : I filled my CrusadeLore dropped before EQ (in one of the AQ I did before)

Anduril
Oct 25, 2017, 09:59 AM

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://nibelungen.orgfree.com/pso2whymini.png (http://nibelungen.orgfree.com/pso2why.png)
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Was that immediately after the EQ, and you had taken the file just before it? If that isn't the case, then did you fight any Gul Solda (The bird darkers with a broad sword)?

Geistritter
Oct 25, 2017, 11:24 AM
Here are the skill requirements that are still pending translation via the English patch:

Physical Dash - Transform during a Buster Quest
Punishment Short Charge - Hit any enemy with a fully-charged Punishment Knuckle 10 times
Ultimate Impact - Unlock and use Dark Wall once; Unlock and use Physical Dash 10 times

Violence Step gives a JA window after a Step.

Neith
Oct 25, 2017, 12:35 PM
Dark Blast is interesting but a little jarring when you transform with a female character and get the angry man voice :wacko:

I'm holding out for a Falz Angel inspired one, but it is a neat addition.

Masu
Oct 25, 2017, 12:45 PM
I'm still figuring the point of Dark Blast to be honest...Like, except for story plot, was it really necessary to be able to use it in other content? BQ EQ doesn't need it as it is not even more difficult than G3+ For now it's just all flash no substance to me /la shrug

Geistritter
Oct 25, 2017, 01:28 PM
Dark Blast is interesting but a little jarring when you transform with a female character and get the angry man voice :wacko:

I'm holding out for a Falz Angel inspired one, but it is a neat addition.

It seems odd that it's not just your character's voice distorted, but I suppose if the choice was between recycled existing lines, paying DOZENS OF ACTORS to come back and growl into their mics a lot, or just having one guy do everything, they thought the latter was the best compromise.

As for other forms, I'd bet on it; the fact that you select the form before use implies you'll have others to choose from, and it stands to reason it'll just be reskins of the other Hunar-types, although all of them were pretty much the same other than the original, come to think of it.

I'm still figuring the point of Dark Blast to be honest...Like, except for story plot, was it really necessary to be able to use it in other content? BQ EQ doesn't need it as it is not even more difficult than G3+ For now it's just all flash no substance to me /la shrug

Remember kids, no barf-inducing POWER OF DARKNEEEEEESS form can trump the apathetic contrarian routine in edginess.

Poyonche
Oct 25, 2017, 01:35 PM
I would have liked the voice to be Persona's. :c

Cyclon
Oct 25, 2017, 01:39 PM
This really feels like a point of no return gameplay-wise. And when you think about it, initially Hero was as well. Considering no new areas are planned during the entirety of EP5 afaik, I'm beginning to agree with people claiming Sega's initiating the wrapping up of PSO2 right now.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 25, 2017, 01:46 PM
This really feels like a point of no return gameplay-wise. And when you think about it, initially Hero was as well. Considering no new areas are planned during the entirety of EP5 afaik, I'm beginning to agree with people claiming Sega's initiating the wrapping up of PSO2 right now.
i called this sometime during Ep4, it was obvious but no one cared

Kintama
Oct 25, 2017, 01:51 PM
Okay not being able to keep your character voice during dark blast breaks the deal to me, dark blast doesn't feel like a transformation like Power Rangers, Manaketes in Fire Emblem, but like a character switch, like, you switch during battle from your character to Gettemhart, that's one more thing to add to the sega failure list to me.

When it comes to adding pointless features in games, little details are important otherwise the feature loses its appeal and point.

Terrence
Oct 25, 2017, 02:24 PM
i called this sometime during Ep4, it was obvious but no one caredHoly shit, Kril-sama warned us all and we didn't listen... SHAME ON US, POOR SINNERS !

-------------------------

It's true Dark Blast is far from mandatory at the moment but that doesn't mean it will never be useful. There were things that needed more attention indeed but... at least DB is rather fun to use even if we don't have neither our voice nor cosmetic/customization options for now. And I'm the one saying that whereas I have many gripes against it (I really HATE those awful horns on feet, for example).

TehCubey
Oct 25, 2017, 02:32 PM
Everything is proof that the game is ending soon if you want it to be. The tinfoil hat wouldn't lie to me!

BTW you can turn off Elder voice for dark blast.

Moffen
Oct 25, 2017, 02:32 PM
i think you can turn off dark blast voice in the basic settings anyway

Edit:yes,you can turn the voice off
Complaints are now invalidated lul

Loveless62
Oct 25, 2017, 03:12 PM
I think the voice that comes with Dark Blast is Gettenhart's voice, which makes sense from a story standpoint. I agree that it is jarring when transforming from a female character, and Sega should probably at least add a female version.

Or you can turn it off...

GHNeko
Oct 25, 2017, 04:59 PM
the only thing that really matters to me is that I dont have to worry about anga resisting my only weapon anymore EleGiggle

I'm free from the grasp of being punished for using a single weapon.

loafhero
Oct 25, 2017, 11:59 PM
Dark Blast being upgradeable at least gives something new to progress with.

It is weird that they didn't just stick with our character's voices with an added Dark Falz voice filter. Imagine how hilarious it would've been for a high-pitched little girl voice matched with the hulking Dark Blast beating the shit out of everything.

and it stands to reason it'll just be reskins of the other Hunar-types, although all of them were pretty much the same other than the original, come to think of it.

I don't think it fair to call its reskins. The Falz Hunar form doesn't just have different-looking body parts but most of its abilities are something the OG Falz Hunar has never shown before.

ZerotakerZX
Oct 26, 2017, 12:10 AM
Does anybody know if things like XP boosters affect Dark Blast XP during transformation?

Agastya
Oct 26, 2017, 01:14 AM
i guarantee you that if this was an ais summon with basically the same mechanics everybody would have loved it

ohpz
Oct 26, 2017, 01:37 AM
Does anybody know if things like XP boosters affect Dark Blast XP during transformation?

Dark Blast earns XP at 1/10th the rate you earn class XP at so yes boosters help. A quick example is Dark Blast earning about 477k~ XP from a Tokyo Bonus Key [Gold] with XP boosters running when your class gained 4.7m XP. You don't even have to transform to earn DB XP, only to unlock the top 5 skills that require you to kill enemies or use certain moves.

A few other things to note is it doesn't seem to earn XP until you hit the quest results screen on campship. So if you go do a quest like Bluesy's kill 50 darkers then abandon, your DB earned 0 XP (this may be wrong, i didn't test thoroughly - 1/10th of almost no XP from a situation like this is almost nothing anyway). It also doesn't seem to earn XP from client order turn-ins or XP tickets.

ZerotakerZX
Oct 26, 2017, 02:08 AM
Dark Blast earns XP at 1/10th the rate you earn class XP at so yes boosters help. A quick example is Dark Blast earning about 477k~ XP from a Tokyo Bonus Key [Gold] with XP boosters running when your class gained 4.7m XP. You don't even have to transform to earn DB XP, only to unlock the top 5 skills that require you to kill enemies or use certain moves.

A few other things to note is it doesn't seem to earn XP until you hit the quest results screen on campship. So if you go do a quest like Bluesy's kill 50 darkers then abandon, your DB earned 0 XP (this may be wrong, i didn't test thoroughly - 1/10th of almost no XP from a situation like this is almost nothing anyway). It also doesn't seem to earn XP from client order turn-ins or XP tickets.
Oh, you don't have to transform? That would mean Dark Blast is advancing constantly. Kinda handy.

Kondibon
Oct 26, 2017, 08:32 AM
Imagine how hilarious it would've been for a high-pitched little girl voice matched with the hulking Dark Blast beating the shit out of everything.
This is what I wanted

i guarantee you that if this was an ais summon with basically the same mechanics everybody would have loved itI don't see how that would change anything. Besides, the reciption seems neutral anyway. The only people I've seen react really negatively are people who don't like the aesthetic, but that's got nothing to do with the mechanics.

Dragwind
Oct 26, 2017, 09:59 AM
Early stages of Dark Blast are pretty underwhelming until you start leveling things up. I'm antsy to see what capped Dark Blast damage is like (going to guess somewhere along the lines of A.I.S.).

Kondibon
Oct 26, 2017, 10:03 AM
Fun fact (and by fun I mean pretty useless), if you use your PB and then transform it uses your transformed stats, so you can potentially get an S-atk PB running on 4.5k s-atk. Pretty sure no one uses PBs for damage though.

Altiea
Oct 26, 2017, 11:12 AM
Fun fact (and by fun I mean pretty useless), if you use your PB and then transform it uses your transformed stats, so you can potentially get an S-atk PB running on 4.5k s-atk. Pretty sure no one uses PBs for damage though.

Dark Blast Summoner with PB Advance?

Kondibon
Oct 26, 2017, 11:27 AM
Dark Blast Summoner with PB Advance?I tried it and it's funny, but there aren't any good PBs it works well with. I REALLY wish they would make Ilios PBs scale with your atk like other PBs. :/

Geistritter
Oct 26, 2017, 11:43 AM
I don't know how anyone has anything to complain about when you're able to Rider Kick evil fish into oblivion. People need to chill out and enjoy themselves.

Well, I guess complaining in itself is recreational to a lot of people, but come on man, you're a Henshin Superhero. Give me a cool photon scarf and this is the best update ever.

Altiea
Oct 26, 2017, 01:15 PM
For anyone who still has doubts about more Dark Blasts in the future, the Detonation series weapons' Potential explicitly specifies the "Elder" Dark Blast in its description.

Moffen
Oct 26, 2017, 02:21 PM
I tried it and it's funny, but there aren't any good PBs it works well with. I REALLY wish they would make Ilios PBs scale with your atk like other PBs. :/

What about that damn monkey PB that attacks alongside you?

Kondibon
Oct 26, 2017, 02:52 PM
What about that damn monkey PB that attacks alongside you?Those are the Ilios PBs I was talking about. They used to be the strongest PBs, but when that update went out that changed the old PBs to scale with your stats, that didn't happen with the Ilios PBs, so even if you have 4.5k atk it doesn't mean anything for them.

Cyclon
Oct 26, 2017, 02:55 PM
the reciption seems neutral anyway.
Well if we're being honest, neutral means good here, bad means neutral, and so on. So it's good.

Moffen
Oct 26, 2017, 05:29 PM
Guess I'll be seeing this a lot

https://i.imgur.com/ffQoaQT.jpg

KaizoKage
Oct 26, 2017, 05:36 PM
Guess I'll be seeing this a lot

https://i.imgur.com/ffQoaQT.jpg

My dream of 12 DB vs 1 Deus is coming to a reality

.....but the real question here, can a Dark Blast fit inside an A.I.S.?

Tyreek
Oct 26, 2017, 07:16 PM
My personal opinion on the matter, SEGA was being quite lazy, despite "ALL THIS WORK" they had planned, they couldn't bother with having a female voice for females? Not even a feminine model for Dark Blast, heck let's ignore models, it doesn't even have a feminine pose besides the transformation. It really makes me scratch my head how they thought that was ok. How awkward is it that my female character suddenly has Gettemhart voice? Well, it's good to know I can shut off that voice entirely. Execution was a bit half assed in the aesthetic department, but its good to know there's a sense everything else can be built from here.

But since its on my mind, let me call it now; what's to stop me from thinking there won't be additional voice tickets they'll sell for Dark Blasts later down the line?

Altiea
Oct 26, 2017, 07:58 PM
My personal opinion on the matter, SEGA was being quite lazy, despite "ALL THIS WORK" they had planned, they couldn't bother with having a female voice for females? Not even a feminine model for Dark Blast, heck let's ignore models, it doesn't even have a feminine pose besides the transformation. It really makes me scratch my head how they thought that was ok. How awkward is it that my female character suddenly has Gettemhart voice? Well, it's good to know I can shut off that voice entirely. Execution was a bit half assed in the aesthetic department, but its good to know there's a sense everything else can be built from here.

But since its on my mind, let me call it now; what's to stop me from thinking there won't be additional voice tickets they'll sell for Dark Blasts later down the line?

It makes sense in story, though. Dark Blast is literally Gettemhart giving you the power of Dark Falz Elder.

Geistritter
Oct 26, 2017, 08:50 PM
That's not a spoiler; he literally says "I am Elder" when you transform.

loafhero
Oct 26, 2017, 08:51 PM
For improvements, I really hope they speed up the transformation time in the future. Its a little frustrating to see hordes of enemies run by me, charging straight at a tower/buster pile unchallenged because my character takes too long showboating.

oratank
Oct 26, 2017, 08:59 PM
activate barrier then transform

Crayzus
Oct 27, 2017, 08:00 AM
So has anyone come up with a dps rotation for dark blast? I find that the combo that launches you into the air to be annoying because it takes forever to land. You are forced to use tyrant strike dive kick to land which is pretty slow. Infinity rush seems too imprecise and punishment knuckle is also awkward and slow. Everything on dark blast seems like a sloppy aoe attack which i'm guessing is intended. I can't say i'm a fan of it so far.

Suplin
Oct 27, 2017, 10:33 AM
I am going to be that one salty person and say that i would have preffered if those dark blast pa's were given to knuckles/jb instead.(that movable thousand flash/rider kick are dope)
i hope that having elder form does not block a future advanced class that uses either jb/fists from ever happening

Geistritter
Oct 27, 2017, 11:59 AM
i hope that having elder form does not block a future advanced class that uses either jb/fists from ever happening

I'm actually worried about this too, although I'd prefer they come up with new frameworks instead of repurposing existing weapons. It'd be fuckin' awesome if there was a martial artist kinda class that uses photons as ki. Maybe a class that uses a vehicle or other kinds of machines to fight full-time; make it transform into a giant arm cannon or something for a finisher!

Altiea
Oct 27, 2017, 02:07 PM
Side note, but I'm surprised I have yet to see any JoJo edits of Dark Blast using Infinity Rush.

Masu
Oct 27, 2017, 06:03 PM
So has anyone come up with a dps rotation for dark blast? I find that the combo that launches you into the air to be annoying because it takes forever to land. You are forced to use tyrant strike dive kick to land which is pretty slow. Infinity rush seems too imprecise and punishment knuckle is also awkward and slow. Everything on dark blast seems like a sloppy aoe attack which i'm guessing is intended. I can't say i'm a fan of it so far.

^ This ^. The guy is the size of rockbear and is filled with helium...
Technically I try to avoid using it because for current content it's cheat mode and for BQ it's useless/impractical. I do more damage spaming brightness end in middle of mobs :/

GHNeko
Oct 27, 2017, 07:32 PM
5th normal is supposed to bring you back down to the ground with a shit ton of damage.

Geistritter
Oct 27, 2017, 07:56 PM
His post reeked of "I'm basing my overall opinion on my own unfinished skillset" in general, although even I'll admit Dark Blast is pretty underwhelming out of the box, and thus doesn't make a good first impression from a damage perspective.

At any rate, its strength is primarily while you're being mobbed, and most of its attacks reflect that, including the combo finisher, but Punishment Knuckle does some good damage once you've got its damage up and its charge time down, and the Ora Ora Ora increases in power as it's held down. Ultimate Impact goes by the mobbing rule, but it'll still give you a few hundred thousand damage even when it doesn't hit a weak point, and is likely capable of hitting the damage cap at full damage potential otherwise.

As implied, Dark Blast's real weakness is that you need to invest awhile to get it to where it's worth using over what you would be doing anyway, but after a few million EXP it'll be able to pull its weight.

GHNeko
Oct 27, 2017, 07:59 PM
As implied, Dark Blast's real weakness is that you need to invest awhile to get it to where it's worth using over what you would be doing anyway, but after a few million EXP it'll be able to pull its weight.

can confirm. lost 8k dps switching to Dark Blast during the DPS check in deus.

was not pleased with results.

Geistritter
Oct 27, 2017, 08:05 PM
Its power curve is designed for players who aren't at the power ceiling, which is how you have to design it, to be fair, but yeah, it feels kinda shitty when you have to drop like, fifteen million EXP before it starts getting respectable to players who are there, and with the game drip-fed as it is, that's more people than it should be.

Hell, I was out for literally years until a couple of months ago, and even I have a tricked-out Qliphad Caliber.

Dualdiamond
Oct 27, 2017, 11:51 PM
So, is the gunslash the best Detonation weapon to have for dark blast, since it can be used on all classes both present and future? And do you have to have the weapon active as you transform, or can it just be sitting in your inventory?

Altiea
Oct 28, 2017, 12:28 AM
So, is the gunslash the best Detonation weapon to have for dark blast, since it can be used on all classes both present and future? And do you have to have the weapon active as you transform, or can it just be sitting in your inventory?

Not necessarily the best weapon. All of the weapons are usable to some degree on the classes they're compatible with, except the Double Saber with Bouncer, and that 17% damage bonus is no joke.

KazukiQZ
Oct 28, 2017, 03:50 AM
but Double Saber is Fighter's weapon, unless u mean Dual Blades lol (or Fighter class)

escarlata
Oct 28, 2017, 03:56 AM
but Double Saber is Fighter's weapon, unless u mean Dual Blades lol (or Fighter class)
Each of the deto weapons are usable by at least 1 other main class. DS is usable by bouncer as well so I believe thats what Altiea means by the DS being bad on bouncer

GHNeko
Oct 28, 2017, 03:57 AM

he's saying that the detonation series weapons are usuable with the secondary class that they can be used by, aside from DS as DS on Bo is not very useable.

NightlightPro
Oct 28, 2017, 03:59 AM
can't seem to activate dark blast on deus EQ

is the activation based on damage dealt?

GHNeko
Oct 28, 2017, 04:02 AM
can't seem to activate dark blast on deus EQ

is the activation based on damage dealt?
yeah. your DaB gauge goes up based on your damage dealt.

on deus XH it's not super easy to get it. I do feel like that if you're able to deal around 13-15mil damage in deus, you'll be able to get it by the time 5m dps check starts.

So if you can mob well, you'll get it earlier.

NightlightPro
Oct 28, 2017, 07:00 AM
yeah. your DaB gauge goes up based on your damage dealt.

on deus XH it's not super easy to get it. I do feel like that if you're able to deal around 13-15mil damage in deus, you'll be able to get it by the time 5m dps check starts.

So if you can mob well, you'll get it earlier.

I didn't manage to get DB even with the detonation sword pot @ lv 3

I should probably try as Fi then

Moffen
Oct 28, 2017, 07:59 AM
People should probably use the big AoE 1time nuke dark blast has.
Managed to get a deus run where i finished full atk hero sword finish on deus swipe,then when he collapsed i just used ultimate impact then straight into infinity rush until he died.
I was pretty happy with the damage but if you've got an amazing MPA anyway then you never get your dark blast in time since things go by way too quickly. (Unless you hero finish with the detonator sword,then you might just grasp it before you finish the quest)

Zorak000
Oct 28, 2017, 12:00 PM
yeah if you main hunter, hero, fighter, ranger, or techer, the detonation weapons are pretty great to use; especially since you keep the 17% damage even after using your dark blast. I dont know what a braver would want to do with a sword when it has katanas to use, same with bouncer, the doublesaber, and both of it's weapons, gu/ra is permadead after that last skill rebalance, and a wand brings nothing important to force and summoner.

NightlightPro
Oct 28, 2017, 12:51 PM
finally managed to get DB before the 3d part of Deus (the serpent heads part to be exact)

ArcaneTechs
Oct 28, 2017, 09:50 PM
I dont know what a braver would want to do with a sword when it has katanas to use
there are people who HU/BR still, idk why but its a thing...still

Masu
Oct 29, 2017, 12:02 AM
I dont know what a braver would want to do with a sword when it has katanas to use

Generic answer is : Anga resist. I let pass my chance to get the badge 2016 one because I wasn't playing Br/Hu as musch as I do actually, so the Detonation sword is very welcome.