PDA

View Full Version : So I logged back in PSO2 after 18 months...

the_importer_
Oct 28, 2017, 10:02 PM
Many changes since then and some questions with those:

1- Where the best place to learn about NT weapons?
2- SEGA has locked the level cap break behind a 13★ NT grind, how easy is it to get one of these anyway 0_o ???
3- Is my Austere Rod severally outdated now? If so, what should I look for now?
4- What about my crafted Saiki Set, is anything surpassing this now?
5- I switched to a UHD TV since then for my media PC which is also running on Windows 10 now. What cheap Nvidia card that's still on the market could I buy to keep max settings at 3840 x 2160? Screw that question, text and UI are too small, hurting my eyes, I'll stick to 1920 x 1080.

Anduril
Oct 28, 2017, 10:17 PM
2.The easiest thing to do is to grab an OT Tokyo weapon for the class you want (which you can currently grab from both Kasego Stones and the Yamato Collect File available from Pudding), and trade it in to Zeig along with 20 Ether Fuses (which you can get from the Yamato EQ on XH). As long as the OT Tokyo weapon you trade in is under Pot 3 +5, then you can use that for the level cap titles since those are automatically at +x/35 without needing to get multiple copies; if it is over Pot 3 +5, then it will already be at +35/35 and that won't get you the title, you need to grind it yourself.

4. Crafted Saiki is still usable, but the best sub full-12*combo is uncrafted Austere Arm+Rear and a 12* Leg. This has higher stats that Crafted Saiki, and lets you use two Left Rings.

5. Looking around, to get max settings at 3840x2160 resolution with at least 30fps, a GTX1050ti or GTX1060 might not be able to handle it (though given PSO2's graphics, there is a chance it might), so you might only have the choice of a 1070ti or 1080.

エリュシオン
Oct 29, 2017, 12:32 AM
1- NT weapons have a light blue border around the weapon image and the biggest thing that separates them from OT is the EXP bar. You just feed the weapon you want to grind other weapons. They introduced an EXP ability known as "Emper Embrace" which gives it 90+ EXP, this is what most people use when grinding weapons.
The normal cap of a weapon is usually 30+ (13☆ have the chance at dropping with an increase cap between 31-34) but, if you obtain multiple copies of the same weapon you can increase the cap by 1+ for an Over cap of 35+ (caps add up so for example if you have a weapon with 32 cap and another one with 33 cap it will add up to 35 cap). 35+ gives your weapon a "Special Ability Factor"(SAF) a SAF gives your weapon a 100% rate Ability, each weapon has a different ability.

3- Austere is alright, most 13*s still hold but if you're looking for the best, at the moment the Zeinesis(Qliphad) weapon series is the strongest. There is a Collection File right now up for them but they expire on the 31st so getting 3 copies of it through collection files in 2 days would require at least 15 Quest Triggers and 120 Star Gems to reset the file without the 2 day cool down.
This weapon series has 3 potentials. 1) 12% Dmg Boost + 10% HP Recovery in 30s intervals + 2% DMG boost to your party. 2) 10% Ability success rate. 3) 2x Abilities on the weapon (Ex: 100ATK on weapon = 200ATK) + 14% DMG boost. The 3rd potential requires 120 "Qliphad Fuses" (Drops from the raid boss) to unlock. You could save meseta by just trading in the Zeinesis and converting it into Qliphad which has the 3rd potential and the exchange carries over what was on the weapon so you keep the grind value,abilities,and cap limit.

I apologize if this feels clustered, feel free to ask for clarity.

Golgotha
Oct 29, 2017, 03:53 AM
1. The only real difference is that grinding doesn't have risks, but you have to unlock potentials before proceeding, and NT weapon has higher power base than OT getting improved by 30% total.
Like people said, feeding emper loots will result in around 150exp per fodder, but so are 12s weapons, which are abundant now from Buster quests. If youre short on lambdas, you might grind 12s first and then feed those to 13s. Meseta cost will be much higher, but you wont need as many lambda grinders.

Most 13s are getting collection files that allow pretty much guaranteed result. Even if youre late for one CF, theres always another up.
Advanced untek might result in higher cap already unlocked, so you are not always required to find 6 copies if you get something dropped. Theres a lot of cases where stuff has a better chance to drop now than OT 13s before, like in AQ for example, but since you already have Austere, it might not be very much needed.

They're planning to reintroduce ult naberius and lilipa series as NT soon, if Im not mistaken.

3. Buster quest weapon series have higher base attack and very accessible through CF (maybe just a few runs, required items drop faster than gauge completes). Although most of its potential only works in buster quest, but there will be mostly those type of quests in foreseeable future anyway.

4. You might want to look up at least one 12s unit, because they can hold a left ring inside. Its hard to recommend any of them, since they have a mean drop chance, and the ones available in the exchange require ungodly amounts of buster quest autism.

Naturally, most 12s unit sets have almost none set bonus, so collecting entire 12s set might not be advised unless you really need 3-4 left rings working at once.

the_importer_
Oct 29, 2017, 07:34 AM
Wow, things that changed. Thanks for the info guys, guess I have some reading to do on the old swiki regarding weapons and units then.

Great Pan
Oct 29, 2017, 07:10 PM
The game just went downhill, period.

the_importer_
Oct 29, 2017, 07:21 PM
The game just went downhill, period.

I'm assuming you've stopped playing?

Kondibon
Oct 29, 2017, 07:34 PM
I'm assuming you've stopped playing?Pan literally only shitposts.

Geistritter
Oct 29, 2017, 10:46 PM
You can get around the resolution issue by making use of the UI magnification feature in the options, I think, allowing you to keep the resolution without having to purchase cybernetic eye implants.

the_importer_
Oct 29, 2017, 10:48 PM
Pan literally only shitposts.

Not much of a hobby, but hey, who am I to judge?

Dugs
Oct 30, 2017, 12:59 AM
Well, considering you're someone who is coming back and looking actual legit advice, you have every right to judge.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 30, 2017, 01:18 AM
Hero Class dominates literally every other class just in case your wondering whats Meta atm, people are upset though about how Sega is going about balancing everything else

Dragwind
Oct 30, 2017, 02:46 AM
Hero Class dominates literally every other class just in case your wondering whats Meta atm, people are upset though about how Sega is going about balancing everything else

When Hero first came out I couldn't argue against that point at all. However since the recent changes (again) made to older classes, the playing field seems much more even overall now (sans a few classes that are still kind of lacking). I'm seeing a lot of other classes topping the charts again such as well geared Fis. Though I'd say a well skilled and geared Hero probably still owns the meta but by a smaller margin now in my opinion.

Hero is a solid choice if you're just coming back simply because of how easy the class is to play.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 30, 2017, 03:08 AM
When Hero first came out I couldn't argue against that point at all. However since the recent changes (again) made to older classes, the playing field seems much more even overall now (sans a few classes that are still kind of lacking). I'm seeing a lot of other classes topping the charts again such as well geared Fis. Though I'd say a well skilled and geared Hero probably still owns the meta but by a smaller margin now in my opinion.

Hero is a solid choice if you're just coming back simply because of how easy the class is to play.
giving knuckles a bump up didnt really help FI and theyve barely done much for the class which bothers me still.

Zephyrion
Oct 30, 2017, 04:39 AM
giving knuckles a bump up didnt really help FI and theyve barely done much for the class which bothers me still.

The change to normals and hitstop for both Daggers and DS made both weapons incredibly stronger, because every PA being like 20% faster effectively means 20% more damage. that + overall change to stances really bumped it up. sadly Knux has pretty much been left out, even with start of EP5 changes. So yeah only Knux didn't get "help"

In any case I agree with the fact a lot of classes actually come close, or even beat Hero in their own field. BR and FI can come close to Hero on both mobbing and bossing. GU can outdamage Hero on raid bosses if the conditions are right (provided you can read the flow of the fight and not screw up your chains + party member dependence), RA is an insanely good mobbing class on BQ, and so on. Other classes can do the work while not being on par with Hero's versatility. Only SU to me feels really lacking atm, and it's still not at unsalvageable levels.

So yeah balance has changed but you can pretty much play every old class here. A lot of people don't really realize how impactful some of the buffs turned out to be, because that'd mean stopping Hero and re-explore your old classes through. For someone that just came back, I'd just say play whatever you like atm, but all of this is only opinion, just saying before the squad of angry posters come and steer away from the subject at hand even more than it has already

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 30, 2017, 05:12 AM
Now we just need more content where this incredible player power feels justified.

GHNeko
Oct 30, 2017, 06:47 AM
Now we just need more content where this incredible player power feels justified.

What's wrong? You don't like arbitrarily putting restrictions on yourself by soloing MPA-tier content as a stand in for actual difficult and challenging content? :wacko:

the_importer_
Oct 30, 2017, 08:32 AM
Besides reducing SP requirements for some skills on trees, what have they done to improved for Fo and Te?

Zephyrion
Oct 30, 2017, 09:30 AM
TE : wand melee does a lot more damage, improved step + step attack and better PP recovery on wand normals
FO : Nerfed compound techs(same damage but they're now on 2 minutes cooldown after a cast : you can still charge them in the meantime but not usable until cooldown is over), but Rod Shoot + Rod normal PP recovery vastly improved. Also lots of techs and/or crafts saw significant buffs that made a lot of previously lackluster techs very strong.

the_importer_
Oct 30, 2017, 10:59 AM
TE : wand melee does a lot more damage, improved step + step attack and better PP recovery on wand normals
FO : Nerfed compound techs(same damage but they're now on 2 minutes cooldown after a cast : you can still charge them in the meantime but not usable until cooldown is over), but Rod Shoot + Rod normal PP recovery vastly improved. Also lots of techs and/or crafts saw significant buffs that made a lot of previously lackluster techs very strong.

Ya, I noticed the cooldown for the compound techs. So much for spamming them during huge mobs :(

Golgotha
Oct 31, 2017, 06:51 AM
Some techs got quite a power buff recently, so maybe force wouldnt use them only to charge compounds. I'm not exactly a champion of anything, but using almost any zonde stuff is now enjoyable and fairly efficient. Megid is quite sick as well.
More class buffs incoming in december, I think.

Zephyrion
Oct 31, 2017, 07:05 AM
Some techs got quite a power buff recently, so maybe force wouldnt use them only to charge compounds. I'm not exactly a champion of anything, but using almost any zonde stuff is now enjoyable and fairly efficient. Megid is quite sick as well.
More class buffs incoming in december, I think.

To add to that, I'd say FO is finally back to playing your class, and not compound racing like it ended up being. power creep + some weapon potentials made them far too easy to get. So now instead, you use techs that do very decent damage a vast majority of the time, and burst with your compounds when the situation calls for it, a trump card of sorts, if you like.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 31, 2017, 09:46 PM
the Cooldown on Compounds is still horrendous even with the other tech buffs it didnt make a massive change in the long run, 30-60's should have been the CD rate, 2mins seems just not needed. even on deus, its Gi Megid, Ragrants or Na Megid w/e still being the primary dps techs used

Masu
Nov 1, 2017, 12:45 AM
If only sega would be kind enough to allow step jump to work with mirage like it does for Heroe Talis...I still find Fo lacking dynamism in it's gameplay.