PDA

View Full Version : Fall Questionnaire

Xaelouse
Nov 12, 2017, 11:00 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/20651/

Mostly about combat balance and the current content.
I -strongly- urge you guys to actually answer in the fields if you don't like something about EP5 (if you're still around that is). Learn Japanese, consult with someone that's fluent in it, whatever.
Of course, answer this for free 40 sg.

Altiea
Nov 13, 2017, 12:15 AM
This is probably going to influence future balance patches. Just saying.

final_attack
Nov 13, 2017, 12:32 AM
I filled .... things about no CF for current Nab's Nemesis, ★14, units (hoping for CF implementation) :wacko:
Buster Medal only from Free Match .....
Hr's Tmg (PA and play) to Gu's Tmg pls :wacko:

I forgot the rest >_>

hopefully-not-too-butchered-for-them >_>

Spellbinder
Nov 13, 2017, 08:39 AM
It may also be worth noting that you'll only be prompted to answer detailed questions about a class if you selected 「よくプレイしている」(play often) on the question about how often do you play each class.

Shoterxx
Nov 13, 2017, 02:57 PM
All I ended up saying was that Bouncer needed a better skill tree. You can easily pass on fields, J Reversal and heal related, and max out both DB and JB and Elemental Stance. And then max out Step just because.

FantasyHeaven
Nov 13, 2017, 03:11 PM
I was filling a pointed essay about how balls techer is right now but I accidentally closed the page while looking up some japanese words so it's now forever lost in space
rip fellow techer fans, it's not like they would've done anything about it anyway.

Don-Quichotte
Nov 13, 2017, 03:42 PM
Can we say how BAD Battle Arena is in this Questionnaire ?

ArcaneTechs
Nov 13, 2017, 06:35 PM
-add the other 2 Advance Classes already
-add Beasts because Dark Blast is basically Nanoblasts
-XH all fields with relevant 13/14* drops

meh idk, game is lacking right now outside these boosts to old UQ's and AQ Rallies

Raujinn
Nov 13, 2017, 06:58 PM
Make War Cry/aggro skills not complete trash

War Cry probably should be the strongest one seeing as its primary function is to taunt and secondary is to boost attack/pp regen plus it costs 3 times as much as Victory Cry. Aggro is a secondary effect for Showtime, really.. like its a risk a Gunner is taking for more damage it probably shouldn't match the dedicated aggro skills in overall strength,

Selphea
Nov 14, 2017, 05:49 AM
Kinda bummed that if you only sometimes play a class they don't let you give your opinion - what if i only sometimes play it (after maxing it) because i have very strong opinions about it!

For the classes i did answer though:

Hero - Good at being user friendly and idiot proof, but mechanically shallow and attacks don't feel weighty
Force - better PP management than before but Fire/Ice/Lightning aren't very good on raid bosses. Content tends to heavily favor Fire and Light even though each element has a unique style.
Braver - Really like the buffs, attacks feel like they have weight and balanced vs bosses and mobs. Still, unattractive as a subclass. RATK build isn't very viable because it needs Gunslash for close combat, yet Gunslash shooting damage is far behind Fighter.
Bouncer - Like the aerial gameplay, but too darn many hoops to jump through like rainbow set, cooldowns, fields, shifta air, Gear gimmick. The Stances are really unintuitive and the Fields are just too much when the subpalette has techs and cooldowns. Sega pls fix.
Gunner - Come a long way since Ep3, like the effort:reward ratio. Don't like how it was gutted as a subclass, not even talking about Chain - even ZRA was gutted for point blank Gunslashing.

And then i was like, Ep5 is too concentrated. Only one adv class, only one Dark Blast, only one best in slot Cfile. Online games should be about variety and choice. I've been running the same TAXQ and Rodos for years - centralize the rewards like have a fixed pool of 5 mil meseta a week and players can choose how they want to earn it. Add 12* Diabo and Guranz units, update Challenge Mode and give people more routes to good gear in general.

They were pretty receptive to some of my requests last time, like mass tekking so hopefully some of my wishlist happens

Raujinn
Nov 14, 2017, 08:34 AM
I mean I can't even check the actual questionnaire out even if I did have enough Japanese proficiency to fill it out as their site keeps sending me around in a login loop.

Login -> gets to account page -> let's do the survey -> Please log in (??) -> gets to account page -> let's do the survey -> Please log in -> fuck it.

Selphea
Nov 14, 2017, 09:22 AM
I mean I can't even check the actual questionnaire out even if I did have enough Japanese proficiency to fill it out as their site keeps sending me around in a login loop.

Login -> gets to account page -> let's do the survey -> Please log in (??) -> gets to account page -> let's do the survey -> Please log in -> fuck it.

The link goes to the login page. The instructions say "click the link to log in, then click the 'enquete' button after logging in."

So the link you go to is: https://gw.sega.jp/gw/user/

And then you click the button for the window that says "『ファンタシースターオンライン2』に関するアンケートを実施しております。"

GHNeko
Nov 14, 2017, 06:15 PM
Asked them to buff FiBr and FiBo :wacko:

Hysteria1987
Nov 14, 2017, 08:58 PM
I whinged that it is too easy to get to be an OP hero, and that FO tech charge times really let them down in (particularly non-boss) MPAs. I also added that I'd like to see an option to reduce the sometimes overwhelming visual effects in game, so that when I'm playing FI or something I can actually tell what's happening to me/when to attack (I'm a bad FI :D).

They got two thumbs up from me on how Ult Nab looks at the moment though, I'd like the enemy stats to stay this way.

I'm kicking myself now that I didn't add that most enemies are too easy to defeat.

Flaoc
Nov 14, 2017, 09:59 PM
being unable to see doesnt make anyone bad.. its just design flaw in general. sega sure thinks it is ok for the effect reduction to still be blinding which is ridiculous. all enemies theoretically have tells for every attack they do, problem is that if you cant see for shit due to blinding effects or terrible field of view then what do they expect the player to do

Xaelouse
Nov 14, 2017, 11:30 PM
Basically I made comments about EPPR fully relying on element, Craft Mastery being worthless since weapon/unit crafting is discontinued, JBs Gear, Justice Crow, Heal Share, fields in general, and how there should be a party-only support skill that functions like that one Zeinesis pot. If the class has to jump through so many hoops just to perform worse than other classes in damage/speed/reach, then there should be some sort of benefit to it.
For Hero, I commented on the least used PAs on the class and made some suggestions that would hopefully make people consider those PAs more (for example, make wise hound last longer). Also commented on the useless weapon switch gimmick.

Didn't comment on what I feel about EP5. I still think it's too early for a proper judgment to me, and I'm sure the JP playerbase is bombing that anyway. Sega seem to be getting aware of how dull the content is, anyway.

Moffen
Nov 15, 2017, 02:15 PM
Also commented on the useless weapon switch gimmick..

>Useless weapon swap gimmick
How is seamlessly transitioning between different weapons a useless gimmick lmao

Raujinn
Nov 15, 2017, 04:15 PM
problem is that if you cant see for shit due to blinding effects or terrible field of view then what do they expect the player to do

Yo in addition to my concerns wrt aggro skills someone wanna suggest they expand camera options? Might be sweet to expand fov or just zoom out a little

EvilMag
Nov 15, 2017, 04:19 PM
If they wanna give me an easier time to see, give me an option to not show the other players damage numbers. (okay maybe only show your parties) That would really help.

Hysteria1987
Nov 15, 2017, 06:49 PM
being unable to see doesnt make anyone bad.. its just design flaw in general. sega sure thinks it is ok for the effect reduction to still be blinding which is ridiculous. all enemies theoretically have tells for every attack they do, problem is that if you cant see for shit due to blinding effects or terrible field of view then what do they expect the player to do

You're very right, but what I meant was more that I haven't mastered the JA timings for each attack without being able to see them yet, like I can do with FO- that's how all my FI buddies are getting by at the moment. I'm pretty new to FI, I've been basically FO non-stop since the open beta (minor exceptions to cap classes, though tbh I used all-class talises more than I'd care to admit for that).

With that said though, I've been finding ult nab to be awesome for learning classes- it's the first quest I've done in a really long time where I actually *feel* like a FO, or like a FI, rather than a generic damage deader-gotta-go-fast-just-to-get-a-hit-in sorta deal. I can play with a bit of nuance now :P

+1 on the camera zoom out ability idea though, that'd be great too.

Xaelouse
Nov 15, 2017, 08:38 PM
>Useless weapon swap gimmick
How is seamlessly transitioning between different weapons a useless gimmick lmao

Because you can just switch weapons via numpad, and chances are you have shortcut words tied to them. You can't change which PA switches to what weapon; the PA is probably something you don't want to use in that moment. Also the usefulness of the shitty attack after doing switching via PA is diminished when whatever you're using is most likely the dominant weapon for that situation anyway, usually Sword.

Altiea
Nov 15, 2017, 08:57 PM
Because you can just switch weapons via numpad, and chances are you have shortcut words tied to them. You can't change which PA switches to what weapon; the PA is probably something you don't want to use in that moment. Also the usefulness of the shitty attack after doing switching via PA is diminished when whatever you're using is most likely the dominant weapon for that situation anyway, usually Sword.

*raises hand*
I play on PS4 and Vita. What numpad?

ArcaneTechs
Nov 15, 2017, 11:47 PM
*raises hand*
I play on PS4 and Vita. What numpad?
D-Pad isnt hard to swap either

Altiea
Nov 16, 2017, 12:00 AM
D-Pad isnt hard to swap either

I know that, but it's not instant the same way numpad access is. You also can't swap and move without claw grip.

Kondibon
Nov 16, 2017, 03:50 AM
As someone who has a custom joy to key set up specifically for being able to switch between weapon palettes, I still think the PA swap is useful enough that I wouldn't want to see it changed, and don't actually see a reason to change it.

Moffen
Nov 16, 2017, 09:47 AM
D-pad swapping is actually cancer. Have to hit the down button 2 times just to cycle through weapons and even then it sometimes doesnt work,ive hit it 5 times before now without it coming up and i know its not a dpad problem on my controller because it works fine everywhere else.
Wish it was as fluid as cycling weapons in PSU.

ZerotakerZX
Nov 16, 2017, 01:05 PM
D-pad swapping is actually cancer. Have to hit the down button 2 times just to cycle through weapons and even then it sometimes doesnt work,ive hit it 5 times before now without it coming up and i know its not a dpad problem on my controller because it works fine everywhere else.
Wish it was as fluid as cycling weapons in PSU.

how was it in psu?

isCasted
Nov 16, 2017, 01:27 PM
You used d-pad while holding down a designated button, and weapon switching happened when you released that button.

Neither is actually good, though. They should've simply made weapon switch happen instantly when you press a d-pad button.

Altiea
Nov 16, 2017, 01:30 PM
You used d-pad while holding down a designated button, and weapon switching happened when you released that button.

Neither is actually good, though. They should've simply made weapon switch happen instantly when you press a d-pad button.

The problem there is that if you're lagging, you have to wait for each weapon to rotate through. Also, this can potentially mess up certain things like Nemesis-NT potential, which doesn't reset if you switch to another weapon with the same Potential and Potential level.

isCasted
Nov 16, 2017, 01:34 PM
They could make scrolling independent from actual weapon. Or, even better, they could make weapon switching not lag. Like, from the start. But asking SEGA to have basic competence is just too much...

Altiea
Nov 16, 2017, 01:38 PM
They could make scrolling independent from actual weapon. Or, even better, they could make weapon switching not lag. Like, from the start. But asking SEGA to have basic competence is just too much...

It lags because weapon switches are server-side, no?

Kondibon
Nov 16, 2017, 01:52 PM
Or, even better, they could make weapon switching not lag.Are you playing from outside of japan? Because that's really not something they can do anything about.

isCasted
Nov 16, 2017, 02:32 PM
It lags because weapon switches are server-side, no?
No shit, Sherlock.

Are you playing from outside of japan? Because that's really not something they can do anything about.
It's their game. They programmed it. A lot of things in the game are client-side, like movement, attacking, dodging, literally everything related to PP... Why are those client-side and weapon switching isn't? There's no logical consistency. In PSO1 tons of things were client-side, including weapon switching. It's not like it's done to prevent hacking or anything, infinite PP is a much more serious exploit. Hackers can do literally anything by faking packets, including spawning infinite mobs and dealing max damage (you know, things that are supposed to be server-side).

Of course, they may not be able to fix it now, after many years of burying it under lots of other code. What I'm saying is that it's illogical that it's the way it is now, and there was no reason to make it this way.

Kondibon
Nov 16, 2017, 05:21 PM
What I'm saying is that it's illogical that it's the way it is now, and there was no reason to make it this way.There's also no reason to fix it though. It doesn't impact japanese players was my point. I've seen videos of japanese players switching from daggers to knuckles in mid air and immediately attacking before they even started falling. It's not a priority.

EDIT: Basically, I don't see the point in complaining about a problem that only really exists for foreign players in a game from a country where no one cares about global networking for local products.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 16, 2017, 06:36 PM
There's also no reason to fix it though. It doesn't impact japanese players was my point. I've seen videos of japanese players switching from daggers to knuckles in mid air and immediately attacking before they even started falling. It's not a priority.

EDIT: Basically, I don't see the point in complaining about a problem that only really exists for foreign players in a game from a country where no one cares about global networking for local products.
triggered, gonna petition Sega to fix this or they wont get my business!!

echofaith
Nov 16, 2017, 07:57 PM
No shit, Sherlock.

It's their game. They programmed it. A lot of things in the game are client-side, like movement, attacking, dodging, literally everything related to PP... Why are those client-side and weapon switching isn't? There's no logical consistency. In PSO1 tons of things were client-side, including weapon switching. It's not like it's done to prevent hacking or anything, infinite PP is a much more serious exploit. Hackers can do literally anything by faking packets, including spawning infinite mobs and dealing max damage (you know, things that are supposed to be server-side).

Of course, they may not be able to fix it now, after many years of burying it under lots of other code. What I'm saying is that it's illogical that it's the way it is now, and there was no reason to make it this way.

I am no expert but since weapons change your stats(not just base but pp regen and such from pots), they would need to start storing your all your equiped gear(all 6 weapons) info locally in your PC. The thing is, that if they start storing too much stuff in your PC, it may end up laging more in general due all the extra info that must be downloaded.

Saffran
Nov 16, 2017, 10:19 PM
I simply pointed out that Hr was broken and that maps lacked a little few twists here and there...

Flaoc
Nov 17, 2017, 03:57 PM
for the dpad swaps.. set numpad commands somewhere on your pad via xpadder (or j2k if thats no longer blocked)

Kondibon
Nov 17, 2017, 06:09 PM
for the dpad swaps.. set numpad commands somewhere on your pad via xpadder (or j2k if thats no longer blocked)Joy to Key works again, it has for a while. I can't stand playing on a gamepad without some sort of way to use keyboard functions.