PDA

View Full Version : The most end game class combinations thus far?

Salavtore
Nov 13, 2017, 09:12 PM
Just curious, after a lot of casual play, i feel like i'm missing out on some over the top damage due to my class choices.

I'm aware HU/FI is probably the one most people will say, is there any others out there worth going for? FO/HU? Techer/HU? etc.

Is Braver still the top boss killer, while on topic.

Altiea
Nov 13, 2017, 09:22 PM
Pretty much most of the meta combos right now.

HU/FI: Bread and butter combo, strong striking damage and upkeep

FI/HU: DPS combo, stellar against bosses

RA/HU: Bread and butter combo; strong ranged damage and upkeep

GU/HU or GU/FI: Former has stellar boss burst damage and upkeep, latter sacrifices upkeep for even bigger burst damage and more IF0 shenanigans

FO/TE: Pretty much the only Tech combo worth playing.

TE/HU: Best with Form Scythe for max DPS. A Techer in general is good to have in MPAs, though.

BR/HU: Still as solid as it used to be, just bigger numbers. Bullet Bow is OP now, Katana still has Guren and Sakura 0, but now has extra mobility and a slightly more usable kit.

BO/HU: Still gaining traction in the current meta, but can reliably clear most current content at a comparable speed to most other meta combos. Still super niche, though.

SU/X: Maron. Maron everywhere. Also has Aero and Redran for bossing and mobbing, respectively.

Hero: Speaks for itself. Best "mobile" DPS, third-best "stunned" DPS, best attack speed, best flexibility, literally does everything just as good as, if not better than pretty much everything previously listed.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 13, 2017, 09:31 PM
Hero is literally top class right now, it is the current Meta followed by the other top DPS classes.

TehCubey
Nov 13, 2017, 10:06 PM
HU/FI: Bread and butter combo, strong striking damage and upkeep

RA/HU: Bread and butter combo; strong ranged damage and upkeep

FO/TE: Pretty much the only Tech combo worth playing.

BO/HU: Still gaining traction in the current meta, but can reliably clear most current content at a comparable speed to most other meta combos. Still super niche, though.

SU/X: Maron. Maron everywhere. Also has Aero and Redran for bossing and mobbing, respectively.

None of these are top meta at the moment. They are the meta combos for their respective main classes but they're way behind the rest power-wise.

Salavtore
Nov 13, 2017, 10:26 PM
So Hero is probably the one to go for above all?
Can someone explain to me how it works and on how to access it?

ashley50
Nov 13, 2017, 10:50 PM
https://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-hero-class-preview/

Salavtore
Nov 13, 2017, 11:23 PM
https://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-hero-class-preview/

Thank you very much.
The requirements are pretty high, but do-able.
Thank you everyone for your input, gives me an idea to at least be handy-dandy in emergency quests.

Flaoc
Nov 14, 2017, 01:55 AM
ra is honestly pretty strong right now but yea the rest are only meta for their own combos and one of the actual metas (gunner) is rather lackluster against mobs but fi,br,hero are good against mobs and bosses alike

Reilet
Nov 14, 2017, 02:57 AM
Gunner is the current king of bossing, but it's hard to perfect.
Hero is essentially the best at everything besides bossing assuming you never get reset.
Braver is Hero with no conditionals and possibly being better than Hero.
Fighter is like a slightly weaker Hero without a counter and pre-fire burst option as well as having extremely low hp.

And then there are the other classes who can hold their ground in content. There are too many bad bravers that make it seem like it's not top tier. Also guren sucks now. There's literally no reason to use it besides being lazy and maybe for mobbing.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 14, 2017, 05:45 AM
This is the current Meta last i checked (like a month ago with Meta class combo's), its most likely shuffled around with these classes only but Hero is #1 atm until well more "balances" etc

HR>GU>BR>FO>FI

Source? obviously JP swiki etc

Remz69
Nov 14, 2017, 06:54 AM
hero is still up there but it's good to keep in mind any one reset at any point and it's suddenly very very deep at the bottom
for the fortunate you have nemesis nt making resets a non issue though

Xaelouse
Nov 14, 2017, 10:01 AM
Even if you do suck at Hero at the beginning, it's better to re-learn the game thoroughly with it over classes like HU or BO. Yes, there's more consequence for getting hit too often, but the rewards for playing it well are far better in the end.

Also future content is being tailored to Hero at this time. It's a safe bet to play it.