PDA

View Full Version : Overall best unit sets so far?

Salavtore
Nov 13, 2017, 11:24 PM
What unit sets are preferred for each stat related to them? (Striking, ranged, tech)

Or any set that gives a hybrid stat allocation to all.

(Please let me know if i'm posting this in the wrong forum category)

TheIrregular
Nov 13, 2017, 11:56 PM
The only thing I know is that Izane is the best defensive set.

I use kaiser / theta and have no plans to change, except for the theta leg.

AerithCloud
Nov 14, 2017, 12:35 AM
qliphad of course

otakun
Nov 14, 2017, 01:20 AM
Shine Red Rear with Qilphad Arm and Leg I think are the best for attack stats.

Flaoc
Nov 14, 2017, 01:40 AM
best all around stats union/evleda
best def izane
best offense shine red qliph qliph

best i dont care about rings aus aus insert 12* leg here (technically best stats overall still but only get 1 ring on unit and 1 equipped)

Aexorcet
Nov 14, 2017, 09:26 AM
I still say Austere + 12 leg if you can give up rings. Nothing in the 12 unit set comes close PP wise except Qliphad, but that costs you HP. 12* units are pretty fairly balanced against themselves. Some are starting to fall behind like Mother units which I think are completely outclassed statwise by a few alternatives.

Izane is promoted a lot but I feel like it's overrated if I'm honest. HP affixes tend to give you a little more than PP ones and 450 HP by itself is overkill. It's good but I'd say it's niche.

Loveless62
Nov 14, 2017, 10:57 AM
best all around stats union/evleda
best def izane
best offense shine red qliph qliph

best i dont care about rings aus aus insert 12* leg here (technically best stats overall still but only get 1 ring on unit and 1 equipped)
I would put Weila above union/evleda for best all around stats in the rear slot. Weila beats union/evleda in all stats except HP (unless you count elemental resistances).

For offense in the arm slot, Fogalis beats Qliphad in terms of pp and R-atk, but you give up all else.

Otherwise, I agree.

Zorak000
Nov 14, 2017, 11:16 AM
I like the idea of Welia Board/Izane Arm/Clifford the big red leg myself. lots of atk, lots of def.

as for ring slotting, I gotta slot Air Reversal on any set of units I plan on using, I practically cannot live without it anymore. Step JA is pretty essential for Hunter, Fighter, Bouncer, Techer, and even Braver; since it frees up a few precious skill points for their already thinly stretched tree. Force and Techer oughta slot Tech Charge Parry so they can leave themselves some options on what to equip to their left ring slot; like if I am going into a quest that is 90% enemies weak to light, I kind of don't want to use my Wand Element Change ring! Force has a few different utility rings they can go for as well, I'll mention those later but Rod Shoot AMode can be useful in some situations, but since those situations are few and far between, I just keep it as a equippable option. I slot TMG Stance Bonus on gunner, but I equip Front S. Roll so I can sometimes turn it off, because I feel like it occasionally eats inputs that my brain intended to be as a side-roll. most of the ranger rings I can think of might be better off as stuff you can just swap out for on the fly, MAYBE slow dive roll if you are really having trouble avoiding damage. on Hunter, all three of the JG PA rings are very powerful; so it might be for the best to slot Hunter Gear Save if you think you need it. Hunter Gear Save is nice, but you kinda can live without it I suppose. Fighter is the original home of hot-swapping rings, not much I would really recommend to slot after air reversal and step JA. Braver doesn't really need to slot anything specific either; just hot-swap between kombat count up and bullet bow homing. Same goes for bouncer; DB Snatch and JB TAJA Short Charge are both good, but no need to slot either of them. Summoner and Hero both only really can get use out of Air Reversal, maybe Tech Charge Parry; Step JA is a strange case for Hero, since it only serves to let you Step Just Reload, but that's kind of a powerful thing to be able to do if you just use the instant +20pp you get from starting a just reload.

Generic Utility Rings:
Just Reversal Blast is interesting since hitting stuff with it recovers some PP too, but I don't consider this important enough to slot
Party of Toughness sounds fantastic even if you are only playing with one other person, but I wouldn't slot it if you like to go partyless often
I forget I have Step Jump even slotted on some of my sets most of the time, and I think some of it's usefulness has been diminished recently; though I could see it being very useful for launcher users dive-roll canceling out of Cosmos Breaker

sorry, kinda veered off on the topic of rings there a bit.

tldr: if you feel you can get away with Austere+12leg and only have air reversal or step JA slotted, more power to ya, but I think there are decent enough options these days that the utility could outweigh the raw stats from austere.
before anybody says "but air reversal is a crutch, just don't get hit" I will ask if you know of the concept of "taking damage to save time", or in this case, "taking damage to save DPS". Granted, for Hero this concept isn't too good if you are risking your hero boost in the process

Aexorcet
Nov 14, 2017, 11:35 AM
if you feel you can get away with Austere+12leg and only have air reversal or step JA slotted, more power to ya, but I think there are decent enough options these days that the utility could outweigh the raw stats from austere.
before anybody says "but air reversal is a crutch, just don't get hit" I will ask if you know of the concept of "taking damage to save time", or in this case, "taking damage to save DPS". Granted, for Hero this concept isn't too good if you are risking your hero boost in the process

Well there other ways to maintain DPS besides being knocked back and using air reversal. People aren't wrong to use it if it helps them, but it's just one option of many. I mainly play Force so Tech Parry is how I keep up DPS through attacks. The only other ring I use is Short Mirage which is what I actually have slotted on my leg unit because playing Force without it now feels horrible.

echofaith
Nov 14, 2017, 12:06 PM
A crafted Double set have a better HP/PP pool than Austere, at expenses of lower defenses(due to craft) and 60 atk loss. Is a very good alternative considering how cheap it is.

TheIrregular
Nov 14, 2017, 01:39 PM
Red shine rear + crafted double is very nice if you ask me.

Masu
Nov 14, 2017, 01:48 PM
I find Weila/Evleda+ Qliphad+ Izane/Zein the best/more relevantt 12* build for something balanced. These combo are what my S and R atk characters use. Can't live without step jump and air reversal. Add to this jumping dodge for Gu. Those 3 are super time savers and helps to play more agressivily due to less down time. Stuck with Austere + 12* legs for T atk tho :/

NightlightPro
Nov 15, 2017, 05:48 AM
for s-atk attack it would be like: red shine, deadleon arm, qliph leg

Arada
Nov 15, 2017, 08:37 AM
I don't really understand why People are recommanding Red/Shine. It's pretty trash. It has the biggest attack boost but it's not like 40 atk is going to matter more than 10+ PP and/or 100+HP.

Raujinn
Nov 15, 2017, 09:07 AM
I imagine because you can work towards it rather than depend on RNG.

final_attack
Nov 15, 2017, 09:18 AM
I don't really understand why People are recommanding Red/Shine. It's pretty trash. It has the biggest attack boost but it's not like 40 atk is going to matter more than 10+ PP and/or 100+HP.

Defense is pretty good (not too low) ...... 3% S/R/T Resist is good enough ....... You can also affix more HP / PP than attack (cheaper) on the unit itself, extra attack from base unit could cover atk loss in affix, so, about the same as other ★12 unit.

And, as above poster said, can be obtained without RNG. Took maybe 6 hours, I think? Obtainable in 1 day if Arena have players in it.

TheFanaticViper
Nov 15, 2017, 10:22 AM
Well like TheIrregular said, Rear Shine Red is nice with the Double set crafted

for PP : 120hp / 40pp / 80 atk
for HP : 320hp / 20pp / 80 atk

(i don't remember the bonus of the third special craft)

But i won't pick Rear Shine red in a full 12s set - except maybe for :

- Hero, because an all atk affix is a bit expensive
- TE/HU, who doesn't need a lot of HP and PP and have benefit of both s/t atk
- Qliphad users, the affix x2 on the weapon hide the lack of HP/PP of the rear, so why not

Zorak000
Nov 15, 2017, 01:12 PM
shine red's got good defensive stats, and it's a bit cheaper to affix on some extra HP and/or PP; if you think of the unit along the lines of "its got +40 all atk, but it trades it's hp+pp bonuses for a free not-apprentice-soul" granted the closest thing you can really get to covering hp and pp in a single slot would be Elegant Stamina; which has gotten a lot more expensive since hero came along.

anyway, it's nice to aim for a particular set, but ultimately you can only equip what you have in your inventory. stuff like shine red are more about being something you can actually work towards between deuses and other EQs

the buster medal eveldas are simply highway robbery

Salavtore
Nov 19, 2017, 09:54 PM
If i may ask, because its fairly tricky to look up this stuff with a google search.
Where can i obtain all these said units mentioned?
shines red, kaiser, izane, etc. all those that were mentioned in the post mostly.

TheIrregular
Nov 19, 2017, 10:30 PM
Kaiser set is just a common 11* drop from Deus ESC-A and can be bough from shop players for cheap. The same goes for its counterpart (Saiha set)
Shine Red is an rear only 12* unit that you buy with pvp coins.
Izane drops from Izane Kazuchi (the gold dog that sometimes appears on EQs).
Evleda is the buster quest set.
Zeinesis drops from Deus ESC-A and can be upgraded to Qliphad with Qliphad Fuses I guess (never bothered with this one, so I am not sure).

Kondibon
Nov 19, 2017, 10:32 PM
Kaiser set is just a common 11* drop from Deus ESC-A and can be bough from shop players for cheap. The same goes for its counterpart (Saiha set)Kaiser and Saiha also drop in high level bonus quests.

Salavtore
Nov 20, 2017, 12:50 PM
Once again, thank you for the information.
I'll go snag the kaiser set for now.

One more question, the polytan shop NPC's sell two units that are 400 dangeki coins each, do they have a set bonus? if it's decent, is it worth going for? I'm speaking as someone who is using the unit set bought with master craftsman seals and could painfully use anything better than it.

TheIrregular
Nov 20, 2017, 01:07 PM
Polyshop units are worse than the weapon badge units if you ask me.

If you don't need extra rings, just go kaiser / kaiser / saiha until you get something better.

This set will give you a total of 90 atk / 30pp / 150hp.

the_importer_
Nov 21, 2017, 01:45 PM
This is getting confusing, why are 90% of 12★ units pale against a crafted Saiki set? They give shitty buffs and shitty defence.

Aexorcet
Nov 21, 2017, 01:59 PM
Part of it is that Force doesn't need ring slots, so you're more likely to look at the raw stats which 12* don't necessarily have over 11*. It's intended that the advantage of 12* is rings and not stats. I don't know why Sega went this route, but I have no problem with it while 12* is untradeable.

I'd personally recommended going with a unit combo with one 12* unit over Saiki if you want to be optimal though. Tech Parry is a strong ring, and playing Force without Short Mirage feels absolutely terrible.

Salavtore
Nov 21, 2017, 02:04 PM
It's really hard to decide on rings.
But the step rings seem to be the most useful and popular?

Altiea
Nov 21, 2017, 02:15 PM
It's really hard to decide on rings.
But the step rings seem to be the most useful and popular?

It's mostly cause everyone plays a striking class. Step JA gives melee classes except Braver and sub-BR combos more offensive capabilities, and Step Jump gives all melee classes, Ranger, and Gunner improved mobility options by being able to go straight into a run after a dodge.

The other popular Ring is Air Reversal, for the record.

Salavtore
Nov 21, 2017, 02:40 PM
Can't go wrong there i guess.
It is annoying to dodge an attack but get hit by the next one.
(Especially by the flying based bosses)

the_importer_
Nov 21, 2017, 03:54 PM
Part of it is that Force doesn't need ring slots, so you're more likely to look at the raw stats which 12* don't necessarily have over 11*. It's intended that the advantage of 12* is rings and not stats. I don't know why Sega went this route, but I have no problem with it while 12* is untradeable.

I'd personally recommended going with a unit combo with one 12* unit over Saiki if you want to be optimal though. Tech Parry is a strong ring, and playing Force without Short Mirage feels absolutely terrible.

Had no issues playing without those for years. Personally, I prefer rings that save me time above anything else. Being able to S&H at 3 minute with a couple of hits instead of 6 charges each is much better, will be better with the Tech Charge JA change in December.