PDA

View Full Version : December 2nd Announcements

Altiea
Dec 2, 2017, 12:09 PM
Highlights from this month's ONE MORE!

-- Omnibus EP3 will have Quests that ban Scape/Half Dolls (like Phaleg). Clear om Normal to get a Title Reward that awards an Affix Success Rate +45 item.
-- Late December SU buffs:
--- All Attack Bonus 1/2 is now 115%
--- Point Assist recast time reduced
--- Sped up tracking for Pet normal attacks
-- Battle Arena: TMG Nerf (Sat Aim has reduced hitstop, second hit no longer staggers, PP regen stops during Stylish Roll)
-- New Battle Arena 12* Units (Similar to Shine Red/Blue)
-- Chronos Time Stone is indeed a Title Reward.
-- Weila Board Arm/Leg versions coming soon.
-- UQ Lillipa Revival will have Yamato 14*s

Renderless
Dec 2, 2017, 01:46 PM
-- Battle Arena: TMG Nerf (Sat Aim has reduced hitstop, second hit no longer staggers, PP regen stops during Stylish Roll)
Thank god. Finally. This was very much needed.

ZerotakerZX
Dec 2, 2017, 02:09 PM
Affix Success Rate +45 item.
WOH WOH WOH, EASY THERE, SEGA

Moffen
Dec 2, 2017, 02:11 PM
-- Weila Board Arm/Leg versions coming soon.

Does this cement the weila board as one of the best all around units for the rest of ep5 then?

Sirius-91
Dec 2, 2017, 02:50 PM
Does this cement the weila board as one of the best all around units for the rest of ep5 then?
SEGA's just reusing things again.
[SPOILER-BOX]
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/212907863310336000/386569536834633728/CWQ5HwBUYAAVLuI.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/212907863310336000/386578697521463306/CWQ5ID8UkAAen5Q.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/212907863310336000/386578697521463307/CWQ5Io7UwAASzGx.png
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Remz69
Dec 2, 2017, 03:19 PM

i certainly hope not, i'd like for 12* sets to finally be austere level stats

echofaith
Dec 2, 2017, 03:22 PM
Time to Husu again :p

Cyber Meteor
Dec 2, 2017, 04:06 PM
They also said the Val 13*s drop rate would be the same as current 14* :(

EDIT : to get the time stone chronos you need to +35 a Val weapon, so prepare your 100M meseta:D

ArcaneTechs
Dec 2, 2017, 04:09 PM
welp no dragon units then if theyre really gonna go with a full set of weila now, guess i cant throw my stash of them away yet

they can at least balance the other classes some more before touching that awful SU class

milranduil
Dec 2, 2017, 04:21 PM
They also said the Val 13*s drop rate would be the same as current 14* :(

EDIT : to get the time stone chronos you need to +35 a Val weapon, so prepare your 100M meseta:D

what the hell is the point of "welfare" 14* if they are just as rare as the better 14*s? sega please...

jooozek
Dec 2, 2017, 04:25 PM
i certainly hope not, i'd like for 12* sets to finally be austere level stats

rings >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> stats

Zorak000
Dec 2, 2017, 06:32 PM
Time to Husu again :p

shoot even ra/su, gu/su, and fi/su look interesting for content where you are fighting one enemy at a time

ArcaneTechs
Dec 2, 2017, 07:05 PM
shoot even ra/su, gu/su, and fi/su look interesting for content where you are fighting one enemy at a time
please stay out of UQ and keep your expert check box off, thank you

Kondibon
Dec 2, 2017, 07:32 PM
rings >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> statsThat depends on your class.

jooozek
Dec 2, 2017, 08:15 PM
That depends on your class.

on what class wouldnt you want minimum 2l rights?

Kondibon
Dec 2, 2017, 08:18 PM
on what class wouldnt you want minimum 2l rights? You don't need a full set of 12* units for 2 L/rings

jooozek
Dec 2, 2017, 08:20 PM
well then change the number to 3 then
with shit like step ja / air reversal / step jump / short mirage you cover already usually cover 2 rings once you get to use them and then come the class rings

Kondibon
Dec 2, 2017, 08:27 PM
well then change the number to 3 then
with shit like step ja / air reversal / step jump / short mirage you cover already usually cover 2 rings once you get to use them and then come the class ringsThat's why I said it depends on your class. I was specifically thinking of Fo and Hr.

jooozek
Dec 2, 2017, 08:38 PM
i dunno, tech c parry/rod shoot/air reversal seem amazing for force and party of toughness/air reversal/step jump for hero

Kondibon
Dec 2, 2017, 08:50 PM
i dunno, tech c parry/rod shoot/air reversal seem amazing for force and party of toughness/air reversal/step jump for heroAir reversal is over rated on classes that don't actually spend a lot of time in the air. and why would you take the rod shoot ring for anything other than soloing AQs? :wacko:

Party of toughness is nice, but it's by no means required, especially in cases where it isn't going to be enough to stop you from losing hero boost in one hit anyway.

It's not like I think12* units are bad, I just think there are enough cases where a player can get better mileage out of two austere and one 12* than trying to squeeze on more rings they might not actually need, that saying more rings are automatically better than stats isn't really true.

Atmius
Dec 2, 2017, 08:56 PM
I feel like they could've used the amdu/nab/lilipa ult quests as a permanent drop point for weila rear/arm/leg since they said arm/leg will be a thing, but they missed the opportunity for that I guess.

jooozek
Dec 2, 2017, 08:59 PM
air reversal is by no means overrated, it enables you to step/mirage out from a reversal if you are in the air, that way you adjust to jumping, that's a massive recovery from knockdowns and really, doubling/tripling/quadrupling PP regain from rod shoot isnt good enough for you?

Kondibon
Dec 2, 2017, 09:11 PM
air reversal is by no means overrated, it enables you to step/mirage out from a reversal if you are in the air, that way you adjust to jumping, that's a massive recovery from knockdownsOutside of specific circumstances, you don't spend that long in the air if you're knocked down from the ground anyway. I specifically said for classes that spend a lot of time on the ground.

and really, doubling/tripling/quadrupling PP regain from rod shoot isnt good enough for you?I'll just give you this one since Fo spends more time in melee range nowadays anyway. But that doesn't mean anything for boss EQs where you're only hitting one mob anyway.

You could easily just have both rings as rings and swap them depending on what you're doing. Air Reversal for bosses, and Rod shoot for mobbing.

Altiea
Dec 2, 2017, 10:45 PM
Thinking about it now, SU buffs will put TE/SU with R/Attack Advance over TE/BR in the damage multiplier department except when using a Normal on a weak point with Weak Stance on, but TE/SU has better techs to counter that.

SteveCZ
Dec 2, 2017, 11:07 PM
Air Reversal gives you close to 0 downtime to continue attacking by any chance you get hit, and helps gain control quickly before getting helplessly combo'd. It is not specific to a class, skill, or weapon, and it can help every class to maximize their DPS in their worst situations, which is perfect.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 2, 2017, 11:32 PM
Imagine getting sent flying so high and you're in the mercy of wasting a few seconds waiting to reach the ground to recover or not getting combo'd. The ring helps a lot, plus 0 downtime adds a lot of mobility.

Kondibon
Dec 2, 2017, 11:37 PM
Imagine getting sent flying so high and you're in the mercy of wasting a few seconds waiting to reach the ground to recover or not getting combo'd.What trash mobs do that on a regular basis without really obvious tells?

EDIT: I have no idea why none of you are bringing up the UQs since they're relevant right now, because I can totally see an argument for having both rings at once for that.

SteveCZ
Dec 3, 2017, 12:21 AM
Someone brought up the Air Reversal being overrated, so yeah, expect pso-world style off-topic replies/counter-opinions for one or few pages. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ZerotakerZX
Dec 3, 2017, 02:14 AM
Someone brought up the Air Reversal being overrated, so yeah, expect pso-world style off-topic replies/counter-opinions for one or few pages. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯topics are overrated.

milranduil
Dec 3, 2017, 03:54 AM
only one person mentioned short mirage. that's a min of 2 rings already. making mistakes against almost any boss, particularly in liliq UQ upcoming without air reversal spell certain death, so not having at least 3L for fo would be :gun:

Zephyrion
Dec 3, 2017, 05:27 AM
Thinking about it now, SU buffs will put TE/SU with R/Attack Advance over TE/BR in the damage multiplier department except when using a Normal on a weak point with Weak Stance on, but TE/SU has better techs to counter that.

TE/SU only beats TE/BR in weak stance wand mobbing, and it has been the weak point of TE/BR for a good while. TE/SU definitely has worse tech nuking (1.59 + ATK vs 1.63 for Braver sounds good on paper but point assist is unreliable for tech bossing in many scenarios and you effectively lose damage every time you rely on support fire. Additionally, point assist can't really be used in any mobbing scenario, be it techs or wand whacks, sooo drop that down to 1.38 quite a few times).

TE/BR these days only fit the raid boss niche since you absolutely need weak point wand whacking to edge out the other combos. and for mobbing + bossing scenarios like UQ, I'd much prefer working TE/FI since it has better mults overall compared to TE/SU. However, I do agree TE/SU will be really looking good just because the sheer utility it gives will finally be backed out by decent mults.

EDIT : Am I the only one that agrees with what Kondibon said ? Well I do think Air reversal, while being a very useful ring overall, is also somewhat overrated : big attacks that knock you away high up and give you enough time to react and then make use of air reversal are few and far between. Most attacks will send you fly for a little bit in which case you'll either recover while already near the ground, or use the normal just reversal. Additionally, some content in the game will make Air Reversal completely useless (most mobbing fests like yamato or BQ don't exactly knock you away that often ).

So yeah nice utility but I don't think that utility is enough in itself to make a *12 set compulsory, The ring that matters for *12 unit setups are the rings you can't do away with at any given time (best example is GU with TMG up, Front S-Roll and High Time keep, or at least the re-worked version of it)

Moffen
Dec 3, 2017, 08:34 AM
If I had a meseta every time one of those dumb minotaurs in BQ came out of nowhere and flipped me into the air,i'd be rich enough to buy a good portion of ship02s elegant powers.

Zulastar
Dec 3, 2017, 09:08 AM
EDIT : Am I the only one that agrees with what Kondibon said ? Well I do think Air reversal, while being a very useful ring overall, is also somewhat overrated : big attacks that knock you away high up and give you enough time to react and then make use of air reversal are few and far between. Most attacks will send you fly for a little bit in which case you'll either recover while already near the ground, or use the normal just reversal. Additionally, some content in the game will make Air Reversal completely useless (most mobbing fests like yamato or BQ don't exactly knock you away that often ).

Well about this part. It seems you didn't practice mid-air combat at all. Most PA's and combos exec faster mid-air you know?
And when you half-jump mid-air a single little scratch from a mob will let you exec Air Reversal immediately.
For a classes like BR with his J Reversal Cover it means continious healing and BO with J Reversal PP Gain - continious PP regen.

PS: I wish for a J Reversal Cover or J Reversal PP Gain Ring.

Zephyrion
Dec 3, 2017, 09:24 AM
Well about this part. It seems you didn't practice mid-air combat at all. Most PA's and combos exec faster mid-air you know?
And when you half-jump mid-air a single little scratch from a mob will let you exec Air Reversal immediately.
For a classes like BR with his J Reversal Cover it means continious healing and BO with J Reversal PP Gain - continious PP regen.

PS: I wish for a J Reversal Cover or J Reversal PP Gain Ring.

Those ring do exist already xD

Also I play lots of GU so I'm used to air combat... Unless game gives us mobs that can live through Massive Hunter or have enough vertical reach to challenge airborne fight, or gain an ability to go through the armor most PAs have, I don't see how you can get knocked up enough to have a constant use of air reversal, but that's just me. Again not saying you shouldn't use air reversal, just that I don't consider that much of a life-changer, even after trying it

Zulastar
Dec 3, 2017, 09:53 AM
Those ring do exist already xD
I meant I wish they were L not R...

I don't see how you can get knocked up enough to have a constant use of air reversal, but that's just me.
Every single scratch, esecially with a projectle will drop you to the ground. Press JUMP just in the moment when you got hit.

Aexorcet
Dec 3, 2017, 10:56 AM
only one person mentioned short mirage. that's a min of 2 rings already. making mistakes against almost any boss, particularly in liliq UQ upcoming without air reversal spell certain death, so not having at least 3L for fo would be :gun:

Isn't that a little exaggerated? I can't really recall this being the case anywhere. I've even solo'd Lillipa UQ. On occasion you'll be caught in a combo and die, but it's not a certainty. 2 rings is enough for Fo I feel. I could get by with 1, but there is no point to that.

echofaith
Dec 3, 2017, 01:04 PM
I also tend to keep it at 2 rings, at least when playing melee. Sidestep Jump ring is the most important for me in general, and then a more class focused ring depending on what I am playing. Only for fighter and hunter I feel I would need more slots because of their weapon based rings, but with hunter I dont see myself guarding as much because of Charge parry, and because outside of recent content, most stuff can be tanked during a super armor PA anyway :p

mr.chills
Dec 3, 2017, 02:19 PM
i can only speak for the case of fo with t-parry, short mirage and air reversal rings
been running boosted nab ult as fo/fi with those 3 and omg is it awesome and miles better than austere
i used to be of the austere camp and i think for the talis heavy players the benefits are less noticeable since you're not in melee, but for rod its amazing
it was actually milranduil who defended short mirage ring waay back when in some now forgotten thread, but i didnt listen then, now i know better, thanks!

getting knocked up and quickly recovering mid-air to then having a choice between: panic healing and still having air to glide away, mashing short mirage, throwing out normals for pp and ja, or starting another tech charge is the exact flexibility a caster in melee needs imo

or like say a small elephant charges at me and i dont have pp to nabarta0 or tech parry, so i lock-on and jump and short mirage through his charge which quickly puts me right at his back, proccing wise stance, i do a normal to get pp and make ja then jump and 160k barta to the back of his dome

at least for me the rod pp recovery along with crazy affixes like arks fever and timed ability hp bonuses more than make up for the loss of stats

id really like to see sega release a more definitive ring for fo to put an end to 11's something like: talis weakness convert that gives full 1.3 convert multiplier to all techs that match enemy weakness so we can just run 1 talis as long as we match tech color to enemy

jooozek
Dec 3, 2017, 03:21 PM
yes, short mirage is great but some people (not saying anyone here) still haven't moved past "hurr hurr just do a short jump and you have short mirage"

ArcaneTechs
Dec 3, 2017, 04:59 PM
yes, short mirage is great but some people (not saying anyone here) still haven't moved past "hurr hurr just do a short jump and you have short mirage"
but its true, do a short jump then bam, surely you know how to play your class properly and efficiently right?

also Aerial Reversal is a great ring, pretty much a must have at this point unless you like wasting time hitting the floor

milranduil
Dec 3, 2017, 05:10 PM
Isn't that a little exaggerated? I can't really recall this being the case anywhere. I've even solo'd Lillipa UQ. On occasion you'll be caught in a combo and die, but it's not a certainty. 2 rings is enough for Fo I feel. I could get by with 1, but there is no point to that.

Isn't that a little exaggerated?

On occasion you'll be caught in a combo and die
i believe you just both disagreed with me yet supported my point in 1 post.

Aexorcet
Dec 3, 2017, 05:55 PM
You said certain death. I'm saying you can die, but it's not certain.

morkie
Dec 4, 2017, 04:42 AM
is the drop rate of 13* val series are same with other 13*...i mean is it still standard drop rate.....

Reilet
Dec 4, 2017, 05:47 AM
Class rings > Step jump > step JA >>> air reversal

ArcaneTechs
Dec 4, 2017, 11:52 PM
bad be bad