View Full Version : Balance Patch 3: (Not) The Reckoning

Altiea
Dec 5, 2017, 04:36 PM
Part 1:
-- Force/Techer QoL Changes:
--- Added new Skill "Tech JA Addition"
--- Reduced SP Cost of Tech Charge Advance 2/Element Weak Hit
-- Gunner Buff:
--- High Time behavior change (Now based on % of HP lost during Showtime)
--- L/High Time Keep behavior change
-- Rifle Buff: Impact Slider Power UP

Part 2 (AKA "The Pet Patch"):
-- Gunner Buffs:
--- Grim Barrage now has vertical tracking
--- Shift Period: Range Buff
-- Dual Blades:
--- Shoot Photon Blades at 0 Gear
--- PAs have increased potency ar 0 Gear
-- SU Buffs:
--- All Attack Bonus 1/2: 110% -> 115%
--- Point Assist Recast Time Reduced
--- Melee Attacks for Pets: Improved Tracking Speed
--- Pet HP Increased
--- Increased Defense Candy Potency
--- Pet Normals: Increased Range
--- Viola: Viola Change DEF UP, PA Range UP
--- Maron Shield: Maron Damage Taken Reduced
--- Reduced Meseta needed for 13* Candy Compression
--- Reduced Synthesizer cost for Pancakes
--- Added 12* EXP Egg to Pet Goods Shop
-- Normal Attack Range Buff:
--- Sword (All Attacks)
--- Katana (3rd Normal)
--- Gunslash (1st, 2nd Normals)
--- Dual Blades (Step Attack, All Normals)
--- Wand (Step Attack)

Aexorcet
Dec 5, 2017, 04:43 PM
Grim Barrage will be interesting to try. Playing Gu ties my hands in knots, I wonder if I'll be able to drop Aerial Shooting from my main Palette. I still want PA's on the subpalette though.

Moffen
Dec 5, 2017, 05:12 PM
Part 1:
-- Force/Techer QoL Changes:
--- Added new Skill "Tech JA Addition"
--- Reduced SP Cost of Tech JA Advance 2/Element Weak Hit

I thought it was Tech Charge Advance 2 :0

Altiea
Dec 5, 2017, 05:15 PM
I thought it was Tech Charge Advance 2 :0

You're right, my bad. Was kinda in a rush, it's fixed now.

Flaoc
Dec 5, 2017, 05:29 PM
id ask why they dont put all the buffs in the same update but this is sega

wahahaha
Dec 5, 2017, 05:50 PM
Su buffs look like total garbage

Xaelouse
Dec 5, 2017, 06:11 PM
Well I'm glad they did one change i wanted (DB normal range), but it's not enough to make me jump back onto a shitty class.

Kondibon
Dec 5, 2017, 06:20 PM
id ask why they dont put all the buffs in the same update but this is segaI actually agree with doing it this way. It's better to do lots of small incremental balance tweaks than one big one. It only becomes a problem when the time between balance patches is too long, but once a monthish is better than GW2 right now, even if these are small. :P

EDIT: Oh wait, I missed the part about this being split. Yeah, I don't get that. >_>

Su buffs look like total garbageIncreasing attack range on stuff and how quickly pets track targets is a big deal.

GoldenFalcon
Dec 5, 2017, 06:32 PM
B-but the bullets from impact slider are being buffed, right?

Kondibon
Dec 5, 2017, 06:48 PM
B-but the bullets from impact slider are being buffed, right?

Impact slider has been buffed like 3 times already and has i-frames now. It's fine.

cheapgunner
Dec 5, 2017, 06:49 PM
And SEGA still refuses to make 13* Rappy pet as CF sheet. So the SU buffs mean f*** all to those who were unlucky to not get one. >.>;

GoldenFalcon
Dec 5, 2017, 06:49 PM
Impact slider has been buffed like 3 times already and has i-frames now. It's fine.
But the main site says

アサルトライフルPA「インパクトスライダー」において、射撃威力を上方修正します。

wahahaha
Dec 5, 2017, 07:01 PM
Increasing attack range on stuff and how quickly pets track targets is a big deal.
Its a big deal, but if DEF and HP buffs are bad (what im expecting) it will be useless.
Try the next buffed area (UQ riripa) with pets

Kondibon
Dec 5, 2017, 07:02 PM
And SEGA still refuses to make 13* Rappy pet as CF sheet. So the SU buffs mean f*** all to those who were unlucky to not get one. >.>;Rappy is terrible anyway.

But the main site says

アサルトライフルPA「インパクトスライダー」において、射撃威力を上方修正します。You sure that isn't from one of the earlier patches?

Its a big deal, but if DEF and HP buffs are bad (what im expecting) it will be useless.
Try the next buffed area (UQ riripa) with petsBut we don't know if the def and hp buffs are bad or not, and it's not like there's any other way to make pets more consistantly survivable in boosted quests.

Granted, I think the boosted quests are a dumb idea anyway.

GoldenFalcon
Dec 5, 2017, 07:05 PM
You sure that isn't from one of the earlier patches?
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20171206/10/

Altiea
Dec 5, 2017, 07:06 PM
You sure that isn't from one of the earlier patches?

No, he's correct. Impact Slider is getting buffed. I forgot to add that one; it's fixed now.

Kondibon
Dec 5, 2017, 07:06 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20171206/10/Well if it's there, then I guess it's there.

Moffen
Dec 5, 2017, 07:33 PM
the sword getting a range buff but not the partisan is pretty funny considering the partisans supposed to have long reach and the sword has long reach with S-bite anyway.
gdi sega.
Give me THRUST normals instead of rod smack 2.0 already :c

GoldenFalcon
Dec 5, 2017, 07:54 PM
the sword getting a range buff but not the partisan is pretty funny considering the partisans supposed to have long reach and the sword has long reach with S-bite anyway.
gdi sega.
L/A Partizan Attack incoming

final_attack
Dec 5, 2017, 08:05 PM
Hmm, would like to see how the HighTimeKeep change .......

Guess I'll have to wait until 2nd update to see if I can remove JumpingDodge on my leg unit for Gu :/

echofaith
Dec 5, 2017, 08:27 PM
gdi sega.

I am convinced sega doesnt want players to hit stuff with partizan regulars, but just use them as a fodder for the dance to gain pp back :p

reinforcers
Dec 6, 2017, 12:07 AM
I am convinced sega doesnt want players to hit stuff with partizan regulars, but just use them as a fodder for the dance to gain pp back :p

with the already buffed atk speed and later extra range no one gonna go partizan to do that again .... :-P

echofaith
Dec 6, 2017, 07:33 AM
They said they are raising partizan normal attack range? If so, I hope it is sac bite sword tier c:

Ceresa
Dec 6, 2017, 02:53 PM
Oh they snuck in the "fix" to hero boost, now resets when you start a new quest. Pretty shitty for TA, not much change for EM.

GoldenFalcon
Dec 6, 2017, 03:17 PM
Oh they snuck in the "fix" to hero boost, now resets when you start a new quest. Pretty shitty for TA, not much change for EM.
Before the update, it powered up in the camp ship too. Is that changed now?

milranduil
Dec 6, 2017, 03:22 PM
Before the update, it powered up in the camp ship too. Is that changed now?

no it didn't and still doesn't

Altiea
Dec 6, 2017, 11:24 PM
For anyone who wasn't keeping tabs, the effect of L/High Time Keep was changed so it now increases the amount of damage you can take during Showtime before High Time resets (+20% at Lv. 20), so it's actually a good Ring for Gunner now.

The base reset threshold for High Time is 20% of your HP in damage, just like Hero Boost, so taking L/High Time Keep doubles the buffer zone to 40%.

final_attack
Dec 6, 2017, 11:47 PM
For anyone who wasn't keeping tabs, the effect of L/High Time Keep was changed so it now increases the amount of damage you can take during Showtime before High Time resets (+20% at Lv. 20), so it's actually a good Ring for Gunner now.

The base reset threshold for High Time is 20% of your HP in damage, just like Hero Boost, so taking L/High Time Keep doubles the buffer zone to 40%.

Cool, thanks!
Guess I'll wait for next update to see if I can remove JumpingDodge on my unit and get HighTime instead .....

Altiea
Dec 20, 2017, 12:40 AM
The Pet Patch is here!

Clarifications on previously released information:

Adjusted Step Jump cancel timing for:
-- Sword
-- Wired Lance
-- Partizan
-- Twin Dagger
-- Double Saber
-- Knuckle
-- Gunslash
-- Katana
-- Bullet Bow
-- Wand
-- Dual Blades
-- Jet Boots
-- Sword (Hero)
-- TMG (Hero)
-- Talis (Hero)
-- Bare Hands

Adjusted Dive Roll cancel window for L/Step Jump:
-- Assault Rifle
-- TMGs
-- Launcher

Pets:
-- Maron Shield/Melon Shield: Reduce damage taken by Pet
-- Viola Slicer/Viola Stamp/Viola Pulsar: Attack Range UP
-- Viola (Transformed Mode): Defense UP
-- Candy Potency UP:
--- Last Minute Roll
--- Steadfast Roll
--- Support Roll
--- Invincible Roll
--- Bravado Roll
--- Finish Roll
--- Stamina Gummy
-- EXP Egg 6*/EXP Egg 12*: Added to Pet Goods Shop

Oh, and for those Gunners out there who weren't paying attention: High Time now has an animation when it activates and deactivates (added in the last patch); it looks like blue Hero Boost sparks.

And this is irrelevant to balance, but I don't know where to put it: Phantom Mother EQ is now in random rotation!

SteveCZ
Dec 20, 2017, 12:55 AM
Phantom Mother EQ is now in random rotation!

Rip..

ArcaneTechs
Dec 20, 2017, 01:03 AM
And this is irrelevant to balance, but I don't know where to put it: Phantom Mother EQ is now in random rotation!
good and bad based how other Eq's barely show up, this one is gonna get buried further down.

Altiea
Dec 20, 2017, 04:20 AM
Another miscellaneous update that's irrelevant to balance: You can now perform Desynthesis on 13* weapons. Doing so will yield 36 Gold-tier Crafting Items (63 on a Great Success).

Dark Mits
Dec 21, 2017, 10:50 AM
Another miscellaneous update that's irrelevant to balance: You can now perform Desynthesis on 13* weapons. Doing so will yield 36 Gold-tier Crafting Items (63 on a Great Success).Now we just need 5th-tier crafting material, because with this change we will be hitting over 20 stacks of Goldnias before the episode is over.

Saffran
Dec 24, 2017, 10:01 AM
Not necessarily, it takes a lot of time to get the 999 necessary materials to update to welfare 14 stars.