Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Oc0YKrPxDM&feature=youtu.be

Site
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20171206/

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 8, 2017, 07:05 AM
Best scratch of the year.

That is all that matters.

And absolutely nothing else in this update.

At all.

Kondibon
Dec 8, 2017, 07:14 AM
And absolutely nothing else in this update.

At all.Super special abilities seem like a big deal to me...

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 8, 2017, 07:16 AM
Super special abilities seem like a big deal to me...

Nothing.

SteveCZ
Dec 8, 2017, 07:17 AM
Nothing I want from this. Just wanna try the dragon.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 8, 2017, 07:41 AM
What's with the large set of dislikes?

Japanese audience is even harder to please somehow?

oratank
Dec 8, 2017, 07:45 AM
so nei black base is for rika :/

Kondibon
Dec 8, 2017, 07:48 AM
What's with the large set of dislikes?

Japanese audience is even harder to please somehow?

This seems to have been constantly happening lately. I think japanese players just REALLY hate episode 5. Like, the way western players hated episode 4.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 8, 2017, 09:28 AM
This seems to have been constantly happening lately. I think japanese players just REALLY hate episode 5. Like, the way western players hated episode 4.

Just weird. This seems to be one of the comparatively better updates, and it still gets shat on. Seems like a grudge to me.

EP4 was fairly consistent garbo across the board though.

final_attack
Dec 8, 2017, 09:30 AM
Hmm, I wonder about the new unit from Arena .... cost 15k (not fond with arena tho) o__________o I wonder if it's really good or not.

Translation help from the unit tips?
I think the lightning one 「Raiden」 : Atk / Dex / Thunder-resist (?)
Sakura (maybe, since it's shown on vid) 「Cherry」: Atk / HP / PP / Wind-resist (?)

ZerotakerZX
Dec 8, 2017, 09:46 AM
who those battle arena camos and weapons are pink? Pink is a girly color, not fierce color.

EvilMag
Dec 8, 2017, 10:24 AM
Hasn't been mentioned yet but

http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/i_measures_20171208/

They're removing the class cube requirement for Lv80?

ZerotakerZX
Dec 8, 2017, 11:00 AM
Hasn't been mentioned yet but

http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/i_measures_20171208/

They're removing the class cube requirement for Lv80?

They sure are, good riddance.

loafhero
Dec 8, 2017, 11:07 AM
I think japanese players just REALLY hate episode 5. Like, the way western players hated episode 4.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/500x/67661395/restored-balance-to-the-force-has-been.jpg

Moffen
Dec 8, 2017, 01:03 PM
>Class cube req gone
god bless.

Now pls remove subclass exp level cap

Altiea
Dec 8, 2017, 01:24 PM
Holy shit, 1 Photon Sphere = 1 12* EXP Egg? That makes leveling Pets insanely easy...

ZerotakerZX
Dec 8, 2017, 01:38 PM
Holy shit, 1 Photon Sphere = 1 12* EXP Egg? That makes leveling Pets insanely easy...

other way around would be nice too

NightfallG
Dec 9, 2017, 02:47 AM
I really wish the sword-n-board weapon had been an actual new weapon type and not just another AIS-esque mode.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 9, 2017, 03:00 AM
I really wish the sword-n-board weapon had been an actual new weapon type and not just another AIS-esque mode.

Yeah, now we're less likely to see it for a future class. Thanks SEGA.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 9, 2017, 05:34 AM
name new content in Ep5 that isnt Balance or Scratch related up until Dragon. TD 2.0 does not count as well, youll know why JP hate Ep5 so far and for why BQs are basically dead 95% of the time. 20min waits excluded. hate to be so negative about but Ep5 is Ultra Lackluster

ill wait

Cyber Meteor
Dec 9, 2017, 06:17 AM
Yeah, now we're less likely to see it for a future class. Thanks SEGA.

They already said there won't be new weapon type in the future and next class will be another advanced class (so reutilizing already existing weapon types)

Kondibon
Dec 9, 2017, 06:36 AM
ill waitWait for what? I don't think anyone disagrees with you.

Moffen
Dec 9, 2017, 06:39 AM
They already said there won't be new weapon type in the future and next class will be another advanced class (so reutilizing already existing weapon types)

Maybe we'll get another class trainer in ep6 inspired by the mc's efforts on omega who creates a class named Guardian that repurposes the wand to work like alis's sword,i dont know.
One can dream.

Madevil
Dec 9, 2017, 07:25 AM
Maybe we'll get another class trainer in ep6 inspired by the mc's efforts on omega who creates a class named Guardian that repurposes the wand to work like alis's sword,i dont know.
One can dream.

something familiar...

[SPOILER-BOX]
new class: archer?

https://i.imgur.com/b3Uxp1U.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 9, 2017, 09:01 AM
name new content in Ep5 that isnt Balance or Scratch related up until Dragon. TD 2.0 does not count as well, youll know why JP hate Ep5 so far and for why BQs are basically dead 95% of the time. 20min waits excluded. hate to be so negative about but Ep5 is Ultra Lackluster

ill wait

No one is refuting that. It's just that the vid got hella downvotes despite finally bringing something interesting, which makes my point; a bunch of players are holding a grudge, and taking it out on the dislike bar.

Sadness.

Moffen
Dec 9, 2017, 09:16 AM
No one is refuting that. It's just that the vid got hella downvotes despite finally bringing something interesting, which makes my point; a bunch of players are holding a grudge, and taking it out on the dislike bar.

Sadness.

Most are probably the SEA players who had their characters on SEA nuked

MikonX
Dec 9, 2017, 11:49 AM

Maybe they're downvoting the fact that they cheap'd the hell out on Rika/Fal's outfit? This is what it SHOULD look like:

Flaoc
Dec 9, 2017, 12:38 PM
all its been is balancing and updates.. still better than ep4 (rot in hell kimura)

ArcaneTechs
Dec 9, 2017, 01:47 PM

theyve been doing this since Ep4 though which I dont blame them, now its continuing since well none arent really happy with how the game is going. Its a lack of everything

Most are probably the SEA players who had their characters on SEA nuked
doubt

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 9, 2017, 03:24 PM
Maybe they're downvoting the fact that they cheap'd the hell out on Rika/Fal's outfit? This is what it SHOULD look like:

Your link-fu is weak!

Selphea
Dec 9, 2017, 04:02 PM
I'll be cautiously optimistic about the new raid, at least it's new... but there's a couple reasons to dislike it, like investing way too much resources into battle arena and the 13* / 14* mechanic for the dragon.

Compared to the start of Ep5 the lIke:dislike ratio has gotten a lot better though. At least it's over 50% likes now.

GoldenFalcon
Dec 9, 2017, 04:21 PM
B-but muh Guntecher!

oratank
Dec 9, 2017, 05:31 PM

Rika and her cat ear how they fucking miss that lol

FantasyHeaven
Dec 9, 2017, 05:38 PM
Looks like just another spectacle fight that they're indeed pouring too many resources into leaving the rest of the game barren.
And the japanese hate EP5 for the same reasons most people here are criticising it for, mainly hero and how it makes everything obsolete as well as the way sega has been handling all kinds of situations lately.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 9, 2017, 09:18 PM
The problem with this Raid:
-No CF series to work on outside drop only's
-Once you get the weapon you want dropped/bought from player shop then convert it into a 14*, why bother with the quest?
-Everyones playing HR sure but once everyone gets their 14* sword done, whats the point to the Raid?
-Unless those 14* weapons have a chance as well to drop without having to go through the conversion process, there seems to be no reason to run this
-ya sure new 14*'s outside Dragon specific ones, odds are you wont be getting one any time soon

this feels like they destroyed their own raid before its even going to release and even with the rematch, whats the incentive? so far nothings been shown to want to keep running this after you got your 14* wep

Altiea
Dec 9, 2017, 10:13 PM
The problem with this Raid:
-No CF series to work on outside drop only's
-Once you get the weapon you want dropped/bought from player shop then convert it into a 14*, why bother with the quest?
-Everyones playing HR sure but once everyone gets their 14* sword done, whats the point to the Raid?
-Unless those 14* weapons have a chance as well to drop without having to go through the conversion process, there seems to be no reason to run this
-ya sure new 14*'s outside Dragon specific ones, odds are you wont be getting one any time soon

this feels like they destroyed their own raid before its even going to release and even with the rematch, whats the incentive? so far nothings been shown to want to keep running this after you got your 14* wep

I don't see why Atra wouldn't drop from Dragon, it'd be kinda dumb if they didn't.

Also, why is no CF a problem? "No CF" was literally how this game was played for three and a half years.

You can keep playing the raid to get more Vals to drop and sell them for cash. I'm going to be "that guy who doesn't play Hr that much" and get Atra Jet Boots (shoot me), so getting Val Sword and selling that to people who like Hero might be a nice source of income.

Crayzus
Dec 10, 2017, 02:13 AM
I don't see why Atra wouldn't drop from Dragon, it'd be kinda dumb if they didn't.

Also, why is no CF a problem? "No CF" was literally how this game was played for three and a half years.

You can keep playing the raid to get more Vals to drop and sell them for cash. I'm going to be "that guy who doesn't play Hr that much" and get Atra Jet Boots (shoot me), so getting Val Sword and selling that to people who like Hero might be a nice source of income.

Just because something is old doesn't mean it's better. I think collection files make things more bearable. I wasn't around when everything was drop only but from what I can tell if it is anything like hoping for a random 13* or 14* drop currently it is going to suck. I guess the fact that you can buy and sell them is nice but who knows how it will end up in the long run.

blkbox11
Dec 10, 2017, 02:27 AM
Some 3 and a half years those were. Farming Anga endlessly and needing multiple copies for 60 element was probably some of the worst grind I've seen, and then there was trying to get 12 stars from EQ bosses in the previous years. CFs were a step forward from all that, but this EQ's drop-only model is clearly a step back.

I think those dislikes are actually warranted, at least this time. And this is coming from someone who thinks pso-w in general complains too much about a game that people outside of Japan aren't even supposed to be playing.

Altiea
Dec 10, 2017, 04:28 AM
Some 3 and a half years those were. Farming Anga endlessly and needing multiple copies for 60 element was probably some of the worst grind I've seen, and then there was trying to get 12 stars from EQ bosses in the previous years. CFs were a step forward from all that, but this EQ's drop-only model is clearly a step back.

What I meant was that no one seemed to mind drop only back then, since it's the same way with many other games that use randomly dropped loot, but ever since the advent of CF we've more or less come to... expect it at this point? I don't want to use the word, but the CF system has kinda spoiled us a bit. It more or less exists as a way to greatly incentivize running relevant content as much as possbile, but as soon as the CF goes away interest in said content bottoms out almost immediately because "muh ez 13*s" aren't there anymore.

Kondibon
Dec 10, 2017, 05:08 AM
What I meant was that no one seemed to mind drop only back thenPeople definitely did mind. That's why they added stone exchanges for it.

Atmius
Dec 10, 2017, 06:16 AM
The thing that excites me the most about this coming update is the "change default option for block selection", which is pretty sad.

NightlightPro
Dec 10, 2017, 06:40 AM
no info on 14* pot?

wondering if a zalure pot will make any difference

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 10, 2017, 07:01 AM
What I meant was that no one seemed to mind drop only back then

Are you nuts?

You haven't seen the poor bastards that kept count of their Anga kills in the thousands using overhead messages before Ares stones, and alternative 13*s became a thing?

Saying 'people didn't mind' is insane. Specifically when the power gap between 13*s and everything else made its debut.

I pretended 13*s didn't exist until Ideal came out since I could work for it. Like hell I was sitting in Ult Nab for days on end for a random Ares drop that was probably going to be a gunslash anyway (the first Ares I got to 60 by the time Ult lili came out was a gunslash btw).

Kondibon
Dec 10, 2017, 08:12 AM
I pretended 13*s didn't exist until Ideal came out since I could work for it.This is probably why it seemed like "people didn't mind". It wasn't that people didn't care they were drops, so much as, content wasn't balanced around them, so the people who didn't want to try and fitght rng just didn't bother.

Now that 13*s are standard, the idea that any going forward would be pure rng drops is kinda silly.

Zephyrion
Dec 10, 2017, 08:39 AM
I honestly don't care at all about *14, since it's not like the game is living up to the extra power it could give. My only hope is the Dragon fight is enthralling, spectacular and fun.
Also shop trade is supposed to replace the stone exchange, for the worse since weapon usage is not at all equal across the board (the price of Sword vs WL will be so hilarious)

blkbox11
Dec 10, 2017, 08:56 AM
I don't want to use the word, but the CF system has kinda spoiled us a bit. It more or less exists as a way to greatly incentivize running relevant content as much as possbile, but as soon as the CF goes away interest in said content bottoms out almost immediately because "muh ez 13*s" aren't there anymore.
CFs streamlined the grind and gave people a goal and a sense of progression, instead of constantly battling RNG - it's not like you didn't have to work for stuff that was obtainable via CFs, you just knew when you would get something. It's a lot like having regenerating health in most modern FPS and TPS, because people realized that having to savescum in those games was not fun.

I honestly don't understand why anyone would even defend the lack of CFs in this case when the system has become something PSO2 is known for. The fact that these weapons are up for trade is not much of a compromise, because the popular options are going to be extremely pricey.

It actually sounds to me like they're trying to get people to buy Premium again or something.

Xaelouse
Dec 10, 2017, 08:59 AM
Didn't people used to complain that Collect Files put a death timer on content? Either way, the Dragon isn't some seasonal so drop only is fine.

The current easy 13*s are more than enough for this game at the moment. So if the Dragon 13*/14s are just boring minimal damage increases without actually changing the gameplay of the class, then it's probably better to sell them and never buy at all. Super special abilities will be on future weapons anyway.

Kondibon
Dec 10, 2017, 09:16 AM
Didn't people used to complain that Collect Files put a death timer on content?Maybe? That's a pretty silly thing to say considering content dies after the new thing comes out anyway. And BQs died WITH CFs.

The only thing about CFs I don't like is that CFs for permanent content are still temporary.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 10, 2017, 06:49 PM

I consider CF to be welfare even though certain Raid Tier series became top for awhile and well Ama UQ but what I'm getting at is that others would want to work on something while completing the raid. Like a sub series for SAF material or something, this could have been the Ether Factor CF series or something. Honestly I dont care for CF's, I like drop only but you know how player bases are in any game is now a days.

Understandable if you get 13* drops to sell but there reaches a point where everyone gets what they need, 1 14* wep and well what? I guess ppl can farm to sell those but there reaches a point where no one wants them outside I suppose element fodder? idk it feels like they shot themselves in both feet

What I meant was that no one seemed to mind drop only back then, since it's the same way with many other games that use randomly dropped loot, but ever since the advent of CF we've more or less come to... expect it at this point? I don't want to use the word, but the CF system has kinda spoiled us a bit. It more or less exists as a way to greatly incentivize running relevant content as much as possbile, but as soon as the CF goes away interest in said content bottoms out almost immediately because "muh ez 13*s" aren't there anymore.
Casuals, its like this in any game, entitlement etc w/e you want its an expected thing in any game format to have something to "work" toward and be rewarded at the end and for it to be a constant thing. No different than and FPS game where 500 headshot for said weapon rewards you with a weapon camo.

I think those dislikes are actually warranted, at least this time. And this is coming from someone who thinks pso-w in general complains too much about a game that people outside of Japan aren't even supposed to be playing.
Sitting at 1937 anga kills from back in the day, sure some ppl have more than double but I liked/hated the grind but thats a given with grinding. Happy in the end though about it. I dont how JP players felt about it back then but it got a point where everyone just said screw actually running laps across the map, just spawn him and go from there.

People definitely did mind. That's why they added stone exchanges for it.
"You still play Pick up Stone Online 2? www"- one of my old JP friends before he got back into playing it again

Are you nuts?

You haven't seen the poor bastards that kept count of their Anga kills in the thousands using overhead messages before Ares stones, and alternative 13*s became a thing?

Saying 'people didn't mind' is insane. Specifically when the power gap between 13*s and everything else made its debut.

I pretended 13*s didn't exist until Ideal came out since I could work for it. Like hell I was sitting in Ult Nab for days on end for a random Ares drop that was probably going to be a gunslash anyway (the first Ares I got to 60 by the time Ult lili came out was a gunslash btw).
you probably spent as much time grinding Ideal as you could have put toward Are's and got what you needed but Are's/Ideal obselete now anyways

Kondibon
Dec 10, 2017, 06:59 PM
Can someone explain to me what the actual benefits of progression being tied to RNG drops is? Because I really don't get it. Like, I get the appeal of random drops in general, but this idea that anything that isn't random is for "entitled casuals" doesn't make any sense to me.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 10, 2017, 07:14 PM
you probably spent as much time grinding Ideal as you could have put toward Are's and got what you needed but Are's/Ideal obselete now anyways

Anga. Promised. Nothing. Just because I killed him 1999 times doesn't mean I'm any more entitled to a drop next kill.

Also, I already established that didn't happen; I got 2 gunslashes, and a dual blade via drops from Anga.

Aexorcet
Dec 10, 2017, 07:20 PM
I don't even support the idea of progression being built solely around gear. I play PSO2 for the gameplay, not the drops or CF's. At least CF's let me reliably equip multiple classes so I could focus on playing and enjoying them. On top of that it makes getting a variety of weapons more realistic which allows you to explore different ways of playing the game potentially. Grinding stuff when the drop rate is abysmal tends to lead to burn out and reduced play, at least for me. I'm finding Lillipa revival more enjoyable than Naberius since I'm not there for any reason except to fight stuff.

Bellion
Dec 10, 2017, 07:45 PM
Rares with abysmal drop rates that can be bought from or sold to another player? Perfect system in my book. This would actually encourage me to grind more because if I got an undesired 14*, I would be able to make a profit and earn my way to my desired 14*. I'd think that a 14* for 14* trade-in would be fine, I guess.

Rares with abysmal drop rates that can't be bought from or sold to another player? Change this please, thank you.

Rares with abysmal drop rates that significantly changes combat that can't be bought from or sold to another player? Why? Did any of the previous installments have this? I think abysmal drop rates are fine when rares can be bought or sold from another player. I doubt certain people that have 2 of the same 14* are making use of their spare. It would be great if they could "share" it.

From a casual that killed 4k+ Anga before Ares stones were implemented. An RNG grind shouldn't determine if one is casual or hardcore.

echofaith
Dec 10, 2017, 07:52 PM
Can someone explain to me what the actual benefits of progression being tied to RNG drops is? Because I really don't get it. Like, I get the appeal of random drops in general, but this idea that anything that isn't random is for "entitled casuals" doesn't make any sense to me.

Didnt you know? Only casuals have bad luck with RNG :p

But seriously, I find it weird that people want better geared people at PUGs, and yet they are in favor of making said gear even less accessible.

final_attack
Dec 10, 2017, 08:25 PM
Still, I personally would like having CF even if the item can be sold in player shops (with the item gotten from CF can't be sold / traded, only drops can be sold).
At least it will keep the price in check a bit on player shops (not too extreme for popular weapon) ._.

Kondibon
Dec 10, 2017, 08:49 PM
Rares with abysmal drop rates that can be bought from or sold to another player? Perfect system in my book.
I feel the same way. I admit I'm still not used to it though, which is why I keep forgetting. I agree with the rest too.

Basically as long as there's a way for an individual player to get around the RNG eventually if they don't get the thing for long enough I think it's fine.

Flaoc
Dec 10, 2017, 09:39 PM
it would be fine if it wasnt tied to shitty eq only (still wonder why the current 14* weps are untradable despite their abysmal rate)

Zorafim
Dec 10, 2017, 10:08 PM
Hey guys I was bored so I decided to check out General so what's been going on with the game?

Wait, did Sega just acknowledge that there are Phantasy Star games before PSO? Times have changed.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 10, 2017, 10:14 PM
you ever play any other RPG/MMO's aside PS series? and entitled casuals, i mean come on you havent seen how the trend in games/in real life now a days is? everyone gets a trophy bud, even you, you get a 14* for just logging in if that was the case

Hey guys I was bored so I decided to check out General so what's been going on with the game?

Wait, did Sega just acknowledge that there are Phantasy Star games before PSO? Times have changed.
nothings been going on with the game because Sega is slower than usual with content and still hiring people to work in this department

Crayzus
Dec 10, 2017, 10:25 PM
you ever play any other RPG/MMO's aside PS series? and entitled casuals, i mean come on you havent seen how the trend in games/in real life now a days is? everyone gets a trophy bud, even you, you get a 14* for just logging in if that was the case

The entire game is casual.

Kondibon
Dec 10, 2017, 11:23 PM
you ever play any other RPG/MMO's aside PS series?Yes I have, and pretty much any modern game worth its salt knows that balancing progress around incredibly tilted drop rates for the entire game doesn't fly. In a lot of MMOs super rare random drops are balanced either by being able to trade the items, or by making the items entirely optional with no effect on gameplay. In cases where something is untradable but only comes a drop it's usually not that rare in the first place.

and entitled casuals, i mean come on you havent seen how the trend in games/in real life now a days is? everyone gets a trophy bud, even you, you get a 14* for just logging in if that was the caseThe fact that you look at randomly getting something as a trophy or accomplishment doesn't make any sense to me. Unless you're also the kind of person who would argue that winning the lottery because they bought more tickets makes someone more "hardcore" at it than someone else. And I'm not saying people can't be entitled and childish about it, I'm just wondering why wanting something other than random chance to determine core progression is somehow entitled or "casual".

That said, I'm not against purely random drops being in the game for optional minmaxing or gimmick stuff, but in terms of just keeping your chin above the bar, no, absolutely not. You call it people acting entitled... but I'd argue that people ARE entitled to being able to equip their characters at the basic level of whatever the current power creep is it just by playing the game normally. Obviously, people shouldn't expect to just be allowed to jump into expert groups when they can't carry their own weight. I actually think your idea for locking gear for expert blocks isn't enough, but I'm going on a tangent.

Basically I think there should be a mix of raw drops, and easy to acquired baseline gear, and I'm not sure why you think only having random drops would be a good thing for anyone, or why having measurable progress on something is bad.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 11, 2017, 02:12 AM

I feel like many people here already know I came from WoW, and FF14 by now.

Comparing how PSO2 handles things to the aforementioned traditional MMORPGs is just a bad comparison in several ways.

FF14, and WoW (less so in Legion where the game went more in the direction of a Korean grinder for gear), what separated 'hardcore', from 'casuals' was the difficulty of the content you managed to do. Gear was a means to an end.

Not wanting to sit in Ult Nab before stones came out to kill possibly thousands of Angas for a weapon THAT ISN'T EVEN MY CHOICE IF IT EVER DROPS doesn't make me a casual. It makes me rational. Killing Anga thousands of times in a 12 person kill squad where I could just AFK doesn't make me hardcore. Doing self-imposed challenges like Ponthi does is a better representation of what 'hardcore' is, and should be.

I don't understand your fascination with defining 'casual' as your unwillingness to play a slot machine with poor chances.

isCasted
Dec 11, 2017, 03:08 AM
Random drops are not "rewarding". Word "rewarding" implies that you put in effort and succeed as a direct consequence of your effort. Random drops are not given to you because the game acknowledges your prowess, they're given to you for no reason whatsoever. It's like a form of preferential treatment, which is condescending in nature. It's even more annoying for PSO2, because you need 2-3 copies of things for them to be even usable, and in this case a single random drop is more like a form of tease.

"Everyone does it, therefore it's good" is also a shit argument, because it hinders innovation. Genre staples of all media change and evolve all the time for sake of making things more appealing or diverse. Calling yourself "hardcore" for enjoying a mild form of gambling in a game that, by the most part, appeals with its respect of merit and belittling others for preferring more fair systems is very much being entitled.

SteveCZ
Dec 11, 2017, 05:33 AM
CF is a good thing to happen to keep up in the game, and therefore makes drop-only weapons feel more as a reward. I think SEGA have done well on this.

But it won't be good if we have to choose between these two. CF-only is boring, and drop-only is/can be frustrating.

While I could agree that these weapons can be far better for the players when they're tradable, but I don't think that's what SEGA wants in terms of play time and profit, not to mention player security issues (stealing and stuff) they have to deal with. For example, letting a Player to get a 14* sword in a team when everyone knows he doesn't use it will motivate others who want it to keep playing; you know, the emotional swings. That's definitely what SEGA wants which apparently, from what I see, works until now.

echofaith
Dec 11, 2017, 02:03 PM
I think getting the wrong 14* will cause more frustration that hope for both parties because is essentially a "lucky moment" wasted. Cant recycle or trade or anything.
Not happy with the drop only thing, but if its tradeable, I guess is fine. Though after getting spoiled with CF and stones, I am not running RNG only content unless there is something else, like cubes. I rather just wait for the next CF content and use my ridr there.

Aexorcet
Dec 11, 2017, 02:28 PM
FF14, and WoW (less so in Legion where the game went more in the direction of a Korean grinder for gear), what separated 'hardcore', from 'casuals' was the difficulty of the content you managed to do. Gear was a means to an end.

Yeah this is something PSO2 is really missing. I've only been casually collecting new weapons for my main class since the difficulty of the game doesn't warrant increased attack, and many weapons become obsolete as soon as the next series comes along anyway. Sega did say that they were going to implement more difficult content, but they really are taking their time with that. If they gave us more to do they wouldn't need to push new overpowered weapons all the time as incentive to keep us playing.

the_importer_
Dec 11, 2017, 02:40 PM
I think getting the wrong 14* will cause more frustration that hope for both parties because is essentially a "lucky moment" wasted. Cant recycle or trade or anything.
Not happy with the drop only thing, but if its tradeable, I guess is fine. Though after getting spoiled with CF and stones, I am not running RNG only content unless there is something else, like cubes. I rather just wait for the next CF content and use my ridr there.

Ever since I came back, 13★ weapons have been dropping like rabbit shit, but nothing I ever need. There should be a way to trade that stuff like they did for Anga weapons where you get stones to buy one you actually need. That or lock rare drops to weapons for the main class you're using or something.

Moffen
Dec 11, 2017, 04:17 PM
Yeah this is something PSO2 is really missing. I've only been casually collecting new weapons for my main class since the difficulty of the game doesn't warrant increased attack, and many weapons become obsolete as soon as the next series comes along anyway. Sega did say that they were going to implement more difficult content, but they really are taking their time with that. If they gave us more to do they wouldn't need to push new overpowered weapons all the time as incentive to keep us playing.

Too bad SEGAs idea of difficult is just a few changes in HP and Damage Values

GoldenFalcon
Dec 11, 2017, 04:38 PM
Too bad SEGAs idea of difficult is just a few changes in HP and Damage Values
What else can they do?

Aexorcet
Dec 11, 2017, 04:57 PM
What else can they do?

One of the things I'd really like to see is more dynamic mobs. Quests like Dengeki and the first half of Deus just feel pointless when everything is Zondeeled into oblivion. Spread mobs out and have their AI keep them spread out so that grouping them takes effort on the part of players. Then give the mobs tools and strategies that allow them to fight back. Like we have those shield darkers and the teleporting scythe darkers. Instead of having them just attack randomly, let the shield ones attack first and actively try to block damage while the scythe ones teleport and gang up on players stunned by the shield enemies. If they don't want to go that far, more varied and random AI behavior would help. The problem with bigger stats is that player will just end up memorizing the patterns anyway. Boosted Elder/Loser was the best EQ in a long time, but the difference in MPA performance from the beginning of the week to the end was significant.

Shadowstarkirby
Dec 11, 2017, 05:51 PM

Really, dude? People are entitled because they don't want to spend hundreds of hours farming the same tired bosses/mobs with a minuscule chance to even get anything good, even less the one they want? Please. Not everyone has to enjoy farming endlessly the way you do, and the fact that you're abhorrent to the idea of there even being so much as an alternative to getting gear aside from doing repetitive shit and just blanket labeling anyone who chooses not to adhere to that method as a "casual", is laughably selfish. You're not "hardcore" just because you have more tolerance than others for some shit design choice, especially not in something as braindead easy as PSO2, lmao. If we can't have CF/stone exchanges, drop only stuff needs to be tradable on shop going forward.

Zulastar
Dec 11, 2017, 07:01 PM
This quarrel here is totally pointless. This whole game is just a fucking LOTTERY. Anytime when you play (which enter point on free MPA will you start, which mobs will appear, which emergencies you'll encounter.. e.t.c.) it's a fucking lottery. Even real money AC scratches. Got 14* - won jack pot.
I like this game 'cause of it's Beauty Salon, not much complicated gameplay and anime setting.
BUT I HATE LOTTERYS TO DEATH 'cause I have totally no luck in them.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 12, 2017, 02:05 AM
BUT I HATE LOTTERYS TO DEATH 'cause I have totally no luck in them.

To some people's standards, if you want some systems in place to award effort, and earn something in your time to mitigate how much of this game is a lottery, it makes you a casual.

Hell, I don't think I would have had a single 13* sword at 60 element if it weren't for stone trade-ins/CFs/COs, but apparently that makes me a casual by the aforementioned standard. Not the content I can/can't clear.

Altiea
Dec 12, 2017, 02:17 AM
I'm cautiously optimistic for Dual Blades; Immortal Dove seems to counterpart Partizan's Assault Buster by having width while grounded, as opposed to Partizan's long reach but terrible horizontal hitbox. However, it seems to be able to cast Photon Blades even without having access to Gear, which also gives it an emergency ranged defense option, something that sets it apart from other melee weapons. Will have to see it in practice to place a verdict.

Twin Daggers seems like Round 2 of the Gran Wave shenanigans; Symphonic Drive seems functionally similar to Gran Wave, but with shorter reach and faster execution. Its counter will probably be Partizan Guard.

We're losing all Rods for Talis' Fake Nagrants, so it better be good to compensate. Not having a wide berth of options in terms of Tech pressure is a double edged sword for pushing or gaining advantage. However, Talis seems to be able to use Fake Nagrants as an answer to close-range assaults; Rod could only do that with Megid by firing it at the ground and was pretty helpless otherwise, so Tech players having a defensive option is actually pretty cool.

Kondibon
Dec 12, 2017, 03:01 AM
We're losing all Rods for Talis' Fake Nagrants, so it better be good to compensate. Not having a wide berth of options in terms of Tech pressure is a double edged sword for pushing or gaining advantage. However, Talis seems to be able to use Fake Nagrants as an answer to close-range assaults; Rod could only do that with Megid by firing it at the ground and was pretty helpless otherwise, so Tech players having a defensive option is actually pretty cool.

I feel like I mised something. What's all this about?

Renderless
Dec 12, 2017, 03:03 AM
I feel like I mised something. What's all this about?

Battle Arena

Kondibon
Dec 12, 2017, 03:05 AM
Battle ArenaOh, ok.
I was confused because I thought the DB part was about the rest of the game.

Dark Mits
Dec 12, 2017, 03:29 AM
Spread mobs out and have their AI keep them spread out so that grouping them takes effort on the part of players.But this would bring the counterargument that players cannot use their abilities effectively and that they have to chase mobs around. I mean, you must have seen the complaints that mobs spawn sporadically in Free Exploration and that players have to go back and forth to get them.

Improving AI would bring a heavy hit to the performance of the servers, so that is also out of the question.

Bigger stats is the "go-to" way to bring challenge. Some enemies already have attacks that require reaction of less than 1 second from the player (and you still can't avoid it if you have just begun an uncancellable animation). The other way to bring challenge was unfortunately not welcome by the playerbase, because let's face it, people like facerolling stuff and don't want to have to think much or defend; I'm talking about 80% healing reduction. Oh, there was another "You didn't succeed" mechanism that Sega implemented: Defeat boss within 5 mins or it's a defeat. We also saw how that turned out.

The rating system for quests has possibly been the best way to handle effort/reward, but has been entirely neglected. Imagine if the S/A/B/C ranking system wasn't just "kill 20/10/5/1 mobs" but instead took into account total number of non-EC enemies killed, damage taken, crates opened, number of ECs participated in and completed successfully, % of map explored, possibly other factors too. And to make it worth, S rank could give additional rare item drops from the area boss, or exp tickets, or SG tickets (even if just 1), FUN points, or higher chance for Parallel Area.

Zulastar
Dec 12, 2017, 10:04 AM
To some people's standards, if you want some systems in place to award effort, and earn something in your time to mitigate how much of this game is a lottery, it makes you a casual.
Well. Then how can you explain that shit when I'm can't kill Arathorn Phemut for a complete bingo.
For two days in a row I'm attending ALL Christmas EQs in schedule and it JUST DON'T FUKING SPAWN!

Aexorcet
Dec 12, 2017, 10:19 AM
But this would bring the counterargument that players cannot use their abilities effectively and that they have to chase mobs around. I mean, you must have seen the complaints that mobs spawn sporadically in Free Exploration and that players have to go back and forth to get them.
I see that as an issue when mobs are just fodder for you to blow up. If they actually tried to fight, then I don't think it's a problem. In that case it would be more fun. My idea is intended for EQ style quests more than free explore by the way, so I'm assuming that you have 11 other players to work with.

Improving AI would bring a heavy hit to the performance of the servers, so that is also out of the question.
I'm not sure. It will probably depend on how its done. Like my idea behind the cooperating darkers could just be an aggro override. If the shield guys stun someone, that player is bumped to the top of the aggro list for the teleporters. Spacing can be controlled sort of like it is in TD/BQ, with mobs told to prefer specific locations.

Bigger stats is the "go-to" way to bring challenge. Some enemies already have attacks that require reaction of less than 1 second from the player (and you still can't avoid it if you have just begun an uncancellable animation). The other way to bring challenge was unfortunately not welcome by the playerbase, because let's face it, people like facerolling stuff and don't want to have to think much or defend; I'm talking about 80% healing reduction. Oh, there was another "You didn't succeed" mechanism that Sega implemented: Defeat boss within 5 mins or it's a defeat. We also saw how that turned out.
Maybe Sega should try a different approach, instead of giving everyone the same level of difficulty, make the high difficulty stuff optional. That way they don't have to cater to everyone. It seems to work to a degree with Deus rematch, Solo XQ, and Solo PD. Regular Deus and Odin LQ heal mechanics failed perhaps because they annoyed the more casual playerbase.

The rating system for quests has possibly been the best way to handle effort/reward, but has been entirely neglected. Imagine if the S/A/B/C ranking system wasn't just "kill 20/10/5/1 mobs" but instead took into account total number of non-EC enemies killed, damage taken, crates opened, number of ECs participated in and completed successfully, % of map explored, possibly other factors too. And to make it worth, S rank could give additional rare item drops from the area boss, or exp tickets, or SG tickets (even if just 1), FUN points, or higher chance for Parallel Area.

The problem here is that if nothing about enemies is changed, there will still be steamrolls. I try to avoid expert blocks just to stretch out quests a little, but the last few non expert Deus still felt like racing to get 1-2 hits in before Deus recoiled into cutscene armor. For free field, it's so quick to mindlessly destroy entire maps that I think I would still finish with S rank on average under your system unless the spawns were terrible. I do daily quests on SH/XH by default. Ecode tends to be "use Gigrants once or twice" unless it's a boss, then it's "use Barantsion and possibly some Ragrants". Some HP/attack buffs on the AI would help here (XH on all maps please), but even then most stuff is going to get stunned to death.

TheFanaticViper
Dec 12, 2017, 10:31 AM
Well. Then how can you explain that shit when I'm can't kill Arathorn Phemut for a complete bingo.
For two days in a row I'm attending ALL Christmas EQs in schedule and it JUST DON'T FUKING SPAWN!

lol i have the same problem! and Aratron in the story quest doesn't work because it's the real Aratron and not the phantom :argh:

Zulastar
Dec 12, 2017, 10:48 AM
lol i have the same problem! and Aratron in the story quest doesn't work because it's the real Aratron and not the phantom :argh:
And they gives me that bullshit about no lottery in this game...
SG scratch... I'm saving SG whole month to collect 800 of them and it gives me 4 shitty music discs, 2 pieces of shit that I can't use, 2 pieces of shit that I don't need and 2 items which I'm already have... and there's no lotterry. HELL NO!

Dark Mits
Dec 12, 2017, 11:23 AM
I see that as an issue when mobs are just fodder for you to blow up. If they actually tried to fight, then I don't think it's a problem. In that case it would be more fun. My idea is intended for EQ style quests more than free explore by the way, so I'm assuming that you have 11 other players to work with.I believe finding the golden spot between current XH (Tokyo and Vegas) and UQ enemy "annoyance" would be ideal for a possible XH ARKS/Free quest difficulty.
I'm not sure. It will probably depend on how its done. Like my idea behind the cooperating darkers could just be an aggro override. If the shield guys stun someone, that player is bumped to the top of the aggro list for the teleporters. Spacing can be controlled sort of like it is in TD/BQ, with mobs told to prefer specific locations.This is a great idea, but it would find more use in a role-based MMO. PSO2 players would simply instantly die if they got focused at once from more than 2-3 enemies of their level. This is because everyone* has equipped themselves for maximum damage and minimum resilience.

*'everyone' as a generalisation.
Maybe Sega should try a different approach, instead of giving everyone the same level of difficulty, make the high difficulty stuff optional. That way they don't have to cater to everyone. It seems to work to a degree with Deus rematch, Solo XQ, and Solo PD. Regular Deus and Odin LQ heal mechanics failed perhaps because they annoyed the more casual playerbase.But it is optional already. It's not mandatory to do highest level of quests. I wouldn't be surprised if 80/80s are running Featured Quests on Normal for even faster speedruns.
The problem here is that if nothing about enemies is changed, there will still be steamrolls. I try to avoid expert blocks just to stretch out quests a little, but the last few non expert Deus still felt like racing to get 1-2 hits in before Deus recoiled into cutscene armor. For free field, it's so quick to mindlessly destroy entire maps that I think I would still finish with S rank on average under your system unless the spawns were terrible. I do daily quests on SH/XH by default. Ecode tends to be "use Gigrants once or twice" unless it's a boss, then it's "use Barantsion and possibly some Ragrants". Some HP/attack buffs on the AI would help here (XH on all maps please), but even then most stuff is going to get stunned to death.Sega's events with increased HP and Atk for enemies are great ways to finally start paying attention to the screen, and to also "force" players to cooperate for bosses instead of soloing them.

Also regarding my system, my intent isn't to prohibit players from S-ranking. It's more to act as a timesink. Imagine if you needed 15-20mins to get S-rank for Daily FQ Free field instead of the current 3-5 mins. The exploration objectives also act as a way to make the player(s) try to pay attention to their surroundings (some boxes for example are semi-hidden) and to increase the chance of meeting others in your path.

Moffen
Dec 12, 2017, 11:23 AM
This thread is now a venting thread.

isCasted
Dec 12, 2017, 11:57 AM
Oh god, a discussion is happening! We cannot possibly allow THAT on a public forum!

Kondibon
Dec 12, 2017, 12:28 PM
Oh god, a discussion is happening! We cannot possibly allow THAT on a public forum!I all fairness the nuances of RNG drops, and enemy AI balance are pretty off topic.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 12, 2017, 01:17 PM
And they gives me that bullshit about no lottery in this game...
SG scratch... I'm saving SG whole month to collect 800 of them and it gives me 4 shitty music discs, 2 pieces of shit that I can't use, 2 pieces of shit that I don't need and 2 items which I'm already have... and there's no lotterry. HELL NO!

Didn't say all the RNG in this game would be mitigated.
I was just saying the CFs were a major necessary step in the right direction to cut back on the proportion of this game that is a lottery.

Totori
Dec 12, 2017, 05:07 PM
Some people like the fact that they can spend hours on end waisting their time away grinding to get current. I guess that's fun. CF is good in idea, but SEGA found a way to make it a bothersome process.You'll either play this game on SEGA's time, or you'll pray that you get random RNG drops. They really should make a more progressive way to get up to date items.

I know the CM stuff could use an NT version, would give them a reason to give it another mode, and still make that content relevant. The most is all dead, besides if you want to quickly get a few of the units. Hell let you trade in CM Points for the Grind extend to upgrade old weapons that you missed out on collecting to reach 35+ But nope.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 12, 2017, 05:23 PM
Some people like the fact that they can spend hours on end waisting their time away grinding to get current. I guess that's fun. CF is good in idea, but SEGA found a way to make it a bothersome process.You'll either play this game on SEGA's time, or you'll pray that you get random RNG drops. They really should make a more progressive way to get up to date items.

Yeah that honestly is still a problem. They still manage to make us play on their schedule with CFs, and expiration dates.

Hell let you trade in CM Points for the Grind extend to upgrade old weapons that you missed out on collecting to reach 35+ But nope.

Nah, son. Go grind 300 class cubes (of course I don't like it either).

wahahaha
Dec 12, 2017, 05:32 PM
Yeah that honestly is still a problem. They still manage to make us play on their schedule with CFs, and expiration dates.

They need to add all eqs to rotation and continue with the current system (CF for average ~ good gear, good to powerful drop only with some trade in like nemesis)
Speaking of nemesis trash, why sega didnt change the stone shop? it would have been easier to add NT versions to the stone shop and allowing zig to transform the old weapons we had.

Kondibon
Dec 12, 2017, 07:10 PM
They need to add all eqs to rotation
You realize there's a LOT of EQs right? Even if we only narrow it down to the profitable ones, or ones that have had CFs. That wouldn't actually solve the problem.

wahahaha
Dec 12, 2017, 08:01 PM
You realize there's a LOT of EQs right? Even if we only narrow it down to the profitable ones, or ones that have had CFs. That wouldn't actually solve the problem.
The problem of gearing? Buster quests. The problem of end-gear? The current system is garbage and should allow you to get materials like ares exchange, see nemesis issue. Having more varierty of EQs like Deus would encourage people to play more, sure some EQs need rework but thats a minor problem.
Currently there is no content that offers a challenge for an actual reward (Well, CM exists but it has been forgotten) Asking to be rewarded for easy content is just stupid.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 12, 2017, 08:09 PM
nice clean up mods

as i said before, casuals and what not

RadiantLegend
Dec 12, 2017, 08:20 PM
13* drop rate same as current 14*?
Ha, good luck getting one to sell.

Xaelouse
Dec 12, 2017, 08:51 PM
Is there a source for the drop rate? Like the moment it was stated on video. I don't see it anywhere in the usual places that covers pso2 station/arks live

wahahaha
Dec 12, 2017, 08:57 PM
Is there a source for the drop rate? Like the moment it was stated on video. I don't see it anywhere in the usual places that covers pso2 station/arks live

No such thing was mentioned, just shitposting

Moffen
Dec 12, 2017, 08:57 PM
nice clean up mods

Stay salty.

Crayzus
Dec 12, 2017, 09:07 PM
nice clean up mods

Kril the HARDCORE. No one can match their greatness.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 12, 2017, 10:54 PM
Stay salty.

Kril the HARDCORE. No one can match their greatness.
but im not though, you guys will be when your paying for your brand new 14* though :wacko:
I'm not hardcore or great either, i just started this game yesterday

Altiea
Dec 12, 2017, 11:48 PM
Good lord, has this thread devolved into slinging insults at each other? What happened to discussing things like sane people? Even the whole tangent about drop rates was better than this.

reinforcers
Dec 13, 2017, 12:02 AM
I think the updates going to be the start of *14 era though, next year, perhaps sega start it CF ....

ArcaneTechs
Dec 13, 2017, 12:57 AM
Good lord, has this thread devolved into slinging insults at each other? What happened to discussing things like sane people? Even the whole tangent about drop rates was better than this.
welcome to the ps community, its never changed all these years.

Altiea
Dec 13, 2017, 01:24 AM
welcome to the ps community, its never changed all these years.

Really? Cause as far as I can tell, people are sensible 95% of the time.

ZerotakerZX
Dec 13, 2017, 02:18 AM
Really? Cause as far as I can tell, people are sensible 95% of the time.
Ppl are too vulnerable to be sensible, and most of the internet is extremely insecure. The moment you touch someone's holy Grail, no matter how polite you were, you got yourself an enemy.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 13, 2017, 03:42 AM
Ppl are too vulnerable to be sensible, and most of the internet is extremely insecure. The moment you touch someone's holy Grail, no matter how polite you were, you got yourself an enemy.

Tumblr=fate/zero grail war?

SteveCZ
Dec 13, 2017, 04:13 AM
What is going on here. I thought the talk has been diverted to PvP stuff. :lol:

Altiea
Dec 13, 2017, 04:35 AM
What is going on here. I thought the talk has been diverted to PvP stuff. :lol:

Well, I gave my opinion on the new weapon rotation, but only like, four people care about PVP, so...

Aexorcet
Dec 13, 2017, 09:09 AM
I all fairness the nuances of RNG drops, and enemy AI balance are pretty off topic.

I guess they are. Should they be split into their own topics? I'm still a bit new to this forum.

lostinseganet
Dec 16, 2017, 03:45 PM
I disliked episode 5 alot when I first saw it, but I stated to wonder. Is this a retelling of Phantasy Star 1 for the sega gensis? That would be cool. Where is the CG Intro too :(. I LUV ma intros.

MikonX
Dec 17, 2017, 03:12 PM
I disliked episode 5 alot when I first saw it, but I stated to wonder. Is this a retelling of Phantasy Star 1 for the sega gensis? That would be cool. Where is the CG Intro too :(. I LUV ma intros.

CG intro for EP5 is already in the game.

And no, it's not a retelling of PS1 (which was on the Master System/MarkIII, not the Genesis) in any way shape, or form. Just features two characters from that game.

LinkEP
Dec 17, 2017, 11:31 PM
CG intro for EP5 is already in the game.

And no, it's not a retelling of PS1 (which was on the Master System/MarkIII, not the Genesis) in any way shape, or form. Just features two characters from that game.

Also, slight resemblance from Phantasy Star III for being medieval-focused and multiple kingdoms.

reinforcers
Dec 18, 2017, 03:50 AM
the only thing in my mind when watching new opening: since when Hero class can guard an incoming attack, that is a big lie .... (not the one when he got the shield but when the dragon kinda kick him away)

otakun
Dec 18, 2017, 04:57 AM
the only thing in my mind when watching new opening: since when Hero class can guard an incoming attack, that is a big lie .... (not the one when he got the shield but when the dragon kinda kick him away)

tech parry ring ;3

FantasyHeaven
Dec 18, 2017, 05:08 AM
Sword has a PA for that

Moffen
Dec 19, 2017, 01:12 PM

You can guard with weapon action charge 1 and 2 + Brightness end uncharged though .3.

pika2525
Dec 19, 2017, 05:18 PM
You can guard with weapon action charge 1 and 2 + Brightness end uncharged though .3.

Brightness End also has JG frames until a couple seconds after it's fully charged. It's actually quite bullshit, and probably the most reliable way of avoiding/negating damage in the game (although it's balanced out by the sheer DPS increase that Hero Counter gets you)

Anduril
Dec 19, 2017, 06:31 PM
Brightness End also has JG frames until a couple seconds after it's fully charged. It's actually quite bullshit, and probably the most reliable way of avoiding/negating damage in the game (although it's balanced out by the sheer DPS increase that Hero Counter gets you)
Funny thing related to this, during a BQ I got frozen by one of the Towers while I was charging Brightness End, and it locked me into a JG, so nothing could hit me the entire time I was frozen (the JG effect kept going off with each hit that was aimed at me).