PDA

View Full Version : Is there a list of locations for abilities anywhere? Also ability questions.

Salavtore
Dec 18, 2017, 12:52 AM
I want to crank out my +35;s to the max with abilities but finding the more endgame suitable ones (like apprentice is a popular one i guess) is getting tedious, because i just don't know where to look and i can't seem to find a list of them with locations anywhere.

Plus, on the topic of abilities, is apprentice really that good to go for? As far as damage goes, finding HP and PP ones is easier.

ZerotakerZX
Dec 18, 2017, 01:18 AM
Nobody actually is trying to find specific abilities to drop. Nobody. It's just too unreliable. If you need specific ability to affix somewhere just buy it. Market is full of good materials.
Of course you need money for it and one way of making money is to sell unwanted affix fodders to make funds for needed ones. Best place to farm those are EQs, AQs (for modulator), and EQs (for flict / alter affixes).
So best bet is to collect money, not affix fodder per se.

Kondibon
Dec 18, 2017, 01:21 AM
Nobody actually is trying to find specific abilities to drop.This explains why people buy easily farmable units for millions.

Silent_Flower
Dec 18, 2017, 08:58 AM
Most of the end game affixes are from eq or e trials. Apprentice is from Apprentice Mining Base EQ or Apprentice Doppelganger E-Trial (AQ or X-max 2017 are the more common ones), Modulator is from Clone (AQ, Darkers Nest), Persona [for Astral] is same as Apprentice except there is no eq, etc. I have most of the memorizes thou. ^^;

Aexorcet
Dec 18, 2017, 09:25 AM
If you want the absolute best affix possible, Astral Soul SAF is farmable next year. They'll also be adding Class S abilities, but these will only be useable on certain weapons. Like Zero said, I prefer to sell what I find to buy what I need rather than specifically hunt for drops.

I don't really like Apprentice as I find giving up PP hurts too much, all attack isn't useful for weapons anyway. I'd rather go for the UQ boss souls or [X] the Soul (35 attack + 3 PP).

Kondibon
Dec 18, 2017, 09:44 AM
I'd rather go for the UQ boss souls or [X] the Soul (35 attack + 3 PP).x the soul affixes are also way easier to farm yourself and less of a pain to apply.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 18, 2017, 04:01 PM
x the soul affixes are also way easier to farm yourself and less of a pain to apply.

B-b-b-but...!

The DEX!

the_importer_
Dec 18, 2017, 06:54 PM
This explains why people buy easily farmable units for millions.

Farming is still RNG, some people don't have the time and/or luck to do this.

Kondibon
Dec 18, 2017, 07:19 PM
Farming is still RNG, some people don't have the time and/or luck to do this.I get like 2 4/5s doom break/earth soul units average per Laplace kill, and it spawns constantly in tokyo. Getting boss soul units is easy if you actually break their parts. No one ever does because the only things breaks usually give you are unit drops, but if you want units with boss souls, that's the best way to get them.

Maybe I should blame my monkey king rod though.

EDIT: basically, I'm saying there's a lack of supply inflating common unit affix prices, that I believe is caused by people simply not picking stuff up.

the_importer_
Dec 18, 2017, 07:26 PM
I get like 2 4/5s doom break/earth soul units average per Laplace kill, and it spawns constantly in tokyo. Getting boss soul units is easy if you actually break their parts. No one ever does because the only things breaks usually give you are unit drops, but if you want units with boss souls, that's the best way to get them.

Maybe I should blame my monkey king rod though.

Your monkey rod has been rubbed many times for good luck cause mine gets me shit. I killed Nepto like 20 times to get a fucking 5 slot unit before giving up, buying 3 at 4 slots for 400k a pop and upsloting to 5 -_-

Now imagine my luck getting something like a 5 slot Alter Magia unit during Extreme Quests :(

Salavtore
Dec 18, 2017, 07:28 PM
Yea, i already dug myself a hole getting 5 slots, but i wanna get atleast 150+SA on my basilis sword before i apply the affixes i got so far.

Kondibon
Dec 18, 2017, 07:36 PM
Your monkey rod has been rubbed many times for good luck cause mine gets me shit. I killed Nepto like 20 times to get a fucking 5 slot unit before giving up, buying 3 at 4 slots for 400k a pop and upsloting to 5 -_-

Now imagine my luck getting something like a 5 slot Alter Magia unit during Extreme Quests :(Yeah I guess you're right.

doomdragon83
Dec 19, 2017, 03:22 PM
If you want the absolute best affix possible, Astral Soul SAF is farmable next year.

The Detonation weapons have Modulator SAF and can be worked on now which would be nice to add to that Astral Soul.