PDA

View Full Version : 16º PSO2 STATION!

Maulcun
Dec 18, 2017, 07:03 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/image/sysupload/element/info/20160915/pso2station.jpg

Date: January 16, 2018
Time: Time: 21:00 ~ 23:00 JST

Automatic conversion time : https://goo.gl/SJNR88

Official Link Nico Nico: http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv309793175
Fan Link YouTube 1 : Coming soon
Fan Link YouTube 2 : Coming soon
Fan Link Twitch 1 : https://go.twitch.tv/silentsakia/
Fan Link Twitch 2 : https://www.twitch.tv/arekore510
Fan Link Mixer 1: Coming soon
Fan Link Nico Nico 1: Coming soon
Fan Link Nico Nico 2 : Coming soon
Fan Link Facebook : Coming soon

Important Topics

Information about the February Updates.
Information about the Valentine's event.
More information on collaborations already revealed previously.
More information about Live Sympathy 2018.
Nobuo Tobita (CV: Gettemhart) will appear as a special guest.

--------------------- Recap-----------------------------

Video - Weapon Camos designed by the Arks Battle Tournament 2017
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14A0MR_jZbi--zxcm1ODR-lQH6FUivEdq/view

Video - Early February Update
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hlkD1bCOpmdOXM5yME5Y8_qy2X5RJkw7/view

Video - Late February Update
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UYciISyUnq9v6nmm6vscAd557y5DO854/view

Video - Scalp D x PSO2 Collaboration
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EV3way0MfQwj6-w3TRW56-me4XMnZJ_q/view

Video - Omega Falz Loser
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DYu31i-SZ66RbNqTDtm4zZL7Eet1-GCK/view

--------------------Fan site Recaps------------------------

Fan Site 1 - http://karen126.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-1089.html

Fan Site 2 - http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-16-recap/

Fan Site 3 - https://pso2roboarks.jp/station_16

Fan Site 4- https://pso2up.blogspot.com.br/2018/01/pso2-station-resumo.html

Altiea
Jan 15, 2018, 05:51 PM
Balance Patch 5 please?

NightlightPro
Jan 15, 2018, 06:06 PM
was about time.

wondering how good valentine eq 2018 is gonna be.. odin as a boss would be nice

the_importer_
Jan 16, 2018, 12:42 AM
NICO NICO NII!!

loafhero
Jan 16, 2018, 01:53 AM
Ha, Sympathy.

Kintama
Jan 16, 2018, 05:18 AM
Why tuesday though, ship 2's at work at this time.

Arada
Jan 16, 2018, 05:50 AM
Why tuesday though, ship 2's at work at this time.
Not like they care about non-japanese...

Altiea
Jan 16, 2018, 07:54 AM
Valentine's 2018 is... literally just a modified Valentie's 2017. Well, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, I suppose. Least we have BLACK EMPE

Arm/Hangbode is coming to the new LQ in February!

They... were NOT kidding about being able to customize your Dark Blast color. Now you can have Dark Blast in every color under the sun.

Force and Summoner are Step Jump compatible now, but who needs that when they cut off the endlag on Ilzonde?

I'm probably the only one excited for the Battle Arena X A Certain Magical Virtual-ON event.

Feed Chips to your Dark Blast!

PLEASE GIVE NESIS ARION IT'S BEEN THREE MONTHS

Kintama
Jan 16, 2018, 08:07 AM
So bq's an lq now.

oratank
Jan 16, 2018, 09:12 AM
finally DF ni~sama

Meteor Weapon
Jan 16, 2018, 09:13 AM
Omega Falz Loser

Around March or April I guess.

cheapgunner
Jan 16, 2018, 09:32 AM
Did the event just end? >.>;

Dark Mits
Jan 16, 2018, 10:07 AM
Noone's upset that titles and matterboard rewards from EP1-3 will be unaccessible in 2 months? I mean, I understand that the Omnibus storytelling style is a lot better and "modern", but at least incorporate all rewards and titles to it!

cheapgunner
Jan 16, 2018, 10:32 AM
Noone's upset that titles and matterboard rewards from EP1-3 will be unaccessible in 2 months? I mean, I understand that the Omnibus storytelling style is a lot better and "modern", but at least incorporate all rewards and titles to it!

Whelp, time to get busy!

aiMute
Jan 16, 2018, 10:53 AM
I am, also it's not better, it's more effective but less immersive, it lacks tons of chapter quests and choices related to them. Also s-rank exclusive friend partners.

Was it explained why this choice was made?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 16, 2018, 11:46 AM
I am, also it's not better, it's more effective but less immersive

Ah... no.

Matterboard utterly failed at immersion because many npc encounters and conversations already seemed disconnected, pointless, and random (some of those conversations actually were pointless, and were taken out in omnibus). Having a half-dozen arbitrary 'go fetch' objectives between each of them made the problem even worse since it not only took you out of the immersion, but the story was delivered as if it was a 5min episode of dragon ball z delivered daily with no recaps of what happened in the previous episode. The connections, hinting, and somewhat subtle foreshadowing will likely be forgotten by the time they're relevant in the next clip, or worse yet, 5 or more clips from then (hell, you probably won't even remember the foreshadowing happened at all by the time it's relevant).

My favorite example of this was the player's first meeting with Sara in Ep1 where she warns the player to wait a moment before moving on while playing the pronoun game as if the person doing the destruction ahead was freaking Voldemort. For years, I thought that was Maria. I did omnibus the other week and realized she was keeping an eye on Claris Claes for two reasons:
1- I did EP2
2- The scene where you first meet Claris Claes in EP1 was immediately available for viewing in omnibus after running into Sara.

In short, as a person who 100% finished all ep1-3 matterboards, I'm telling you it sucked. It was tedious. It utterly failed as an immersive story telling device in every way I could think of. The ONLY things that told a story competently were the quests themselves. Everything else felt disconnected (I don't even think 'disconnected' is a strong enough word to describe that mess). To be fair, this was at its worst with EP1.

Anduril
Jan 16, 2018, 11:54 AM
Also s-rank exclusive friend partners.
Which ones? I'm pretty sure that you unlock all the friend partners you would in the Matterboard via the Omnibus.

Maulcun
Jan 16, 2018, 12:00 PM
Videos have been added to the first page

aiMute
Jan 16, 2018, 12:26 PM
snip
I've 100% cleared 1-3 too and I don't agree with you, meeting NPCs in lobby as well as Matoi black hole was fun. The only thing it needed was to remove item nodes from it. Though level scaled mobs in omnibus were nice too. Also slow isn't bad, I liked it that way and for fast and impatient sega made omnibus.
Overall I wonder how new players view omnibus, do they feel like they were part of 1-3 events and the result was due to their hard work, or do they feel like watching TV where you play some episodes but otherwise feel disconnected from what happened there?

Which ones? I'm pretty sure that you unlock all the friend partners you would in the Matterboard via the Omnibus.
Yea, was wrong, I expected it not to be the case as there was no choice during tournament quest.

Meteor Weapon
Jan 16, 2018, 12:30 PM
My favorite example of this was the player's first meeting with Sara in Ep1 where she warns the player to wait a moment before moving on while playing the pronoun game as if the person doing the destruction ahead was freaking Voldemort. For years, I thought that was Maria. I did omnibus the other week and realized she was keeping an eye on Claris Claes for two reasons:
1- I did EP2
2- The scene where you first meet Claris Claes in EP1 was immediately available for viewing in omnibus after running into Sara.

Oh wow I thought I was the only one who thought it was Maria nuking stuff.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 16, 2018, 12:49 PM
I've 100% cleared 1-3 too and I don't agree with you, meeting NPCs in lobby as well as Matoi black hole was fun.

Running from point A to B in the lobby didn't add much to the experience except for being less tedious than specifically going into a quest I didn't want to do, and 3 loadscreens just to see Melphonsina suffering from battered wife syndrome.

The only thing it needed was to remove item nodes from it.

That's like... 80% of the reason why omnibus was a more immersive experience.

Though level scaled mobs in omnibus were nice too. Also slow isn't bad, I liked it that way and for fast and impatient sega made omnibus.

I never said speed was a problem. The disconnected events was the problem.

Overall I wonder how new players view omnibus, do they feel like they were part of 1-3 events and the result was due to their hard work, or do they feel like watching TV where you play some episodes but otherwise feel disconnected from what happened there?

At worst, new players wouldn't feel any more 'immersed' than we did doing matterboard.

Omnibus was like watching TV.

The original matter board was like watching watching TV in 5 second tidbits, then taking a forced break to kill a dozen monkeys, a dragon, and a few darkers on the side for drops to watch the next part. How would I get immersed into the program when I'm regularly taken out of the experience against my will to do chores?

Flatflyer
Jan 16, 2018, 03:12 PM
as someone who has only done Omnibus, My only issue with the Omnibus version of EP 1-3 is that it seems to cut out a lot of the "filler" quest content which I would have actually preferred they kept, just scaled up to 75.

Its very jarring going straight from fighting Hadred in the Urban area, then jumping right to fighting Hadred again for a second time somewhere completely different.

Also I dunno, having a few areas with a bunch of small mobs to run through before reaching the big event would probably build it up a bit more, but it feels like we're suddenly just tossed across the level a lot of the time.

Gwyndolin
Jan 16, 2018, 03:34 PM
I wonder if Omega Falz Loser is going to be something they connect to the new Falz form we'll be getting. I would love to have a Falz Angel form!

Anduril
Jan 16, 2018, 03:39 PM
as someone who has only done Omnibus, My only issue with the Omnibus version of EP 1-3 is that it seems to cut out a lot of the "filler" quest content which I would have actually preferred they kept, just scaled up to 75.

Its very jarring going straight from fighting Hadred in the Urban area, then jumping right to fighting Hadred again for a second time somewhere completely different.

Also I dunno, having a few areas with a bunch of small mobs to run through before reaching the big event would probably build it up a bit more, but it feels like we're suddenly just tossed across the level a lot of the time.

I agree; it feels like they cut a bit too much of the "Quest" part when they made Omnibus Quests.

silo1991
Jan 16, 2018, 03:41 PM
with the matter board change thats to bad because , the new players wouldnt be able to see the bad/alternative endings ( the sactum and quarry being a good examples for Ep2 ) . they should make an extra chapter called side routes for omnibus quest for being able to see those scenes .

omega loser is just a recolor not a little retouch in the siluette/form at least like omega hunar got

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 16, 2018, 04:42 PM
I agree; it feels like they cut a bit too much of the "Quest" part when they made Omnibus Quests.

That is the one thing they did do wrong; many of the quests were turned into just the boss room, and that's it.

Like I said, the best story delivery (comparatively speaking) was the quests themselves.

The unnecessary filler with many event tiles and doing the same quest 2 or more times can stay gone (Matoi viel is a permissible exception).

with the matter board change thats to bad because , the new players wouldnt be able to see the bad/alternative endings ( the sactum and quarry being a good examples for Ep2 )

The Matoi viel event, and maybe taking Sara along for the Arks battle championship (probably) was pretty much the only alternate endings that held any meaningful relevance.

Almost every other instance didn't further the narrative at all except remind the player you're a time traveler and you can change your decisions (eg: Fourier and the Lilipans. What was the point of doing it the first time, coming to the ruined scene late just to time travel later, come by earlier on the day of the event and see what happened? The only thing players got out of that extra scene was A: we're time travelers, B: there's alot of wreckage C: lilipans were scared of ARKS)

TehCubey
Jan 16, 2018, 04:52 PM
The problem with deleting ep 1-3 mode is that many cutscenes are missing from the omnibus. I'm not talking stuff like bad quest ends or alternate versions (Huey's ARKS challenge with anyone but Afin as a partner for example), though that too. Whole mini arcs are missing, such as Light admitting to spying on Aki and angsting about it but the latter acting like it's no big deal. Probably because these scenes weren't in matter boards, but rather showed up in the lobby if you got close to NPCs and a cutscene played.

It's not a very big thing, but it's still content that is being deleted for seemingly no good reason.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 16, 2018, 04:52 PM
ooooweeee Sega flexin that lazy muscle with that 2hrs in microsoft paint work on Omega Loser. Really nothing to look forward to the next few months

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 16, 2018, 05:07 PM
The problem with deleting ep 1-3 mode is that many cutscenes are missing from the omnibus. I'm not talking stuff like bad quest ends or alternate versions (Huey's ARKS challenge with anyone but Afin as a partner for example), though that too. Whole mini arcs are missing, such as Light admitting to spying on Aki and angsting about it but the latter acting like it's no big deal. Probably because these scenes weren't in matter boards, but rather showed up in the lobby if you got close to NPCs and a cutscene played.

It's not a very big thing, but it's still content that is being deleted for seemingly no good reason.

I think that scene was part of the matter board. There are some event tile scenes that weren't put into omnibus that would be nice to have thrown in somewhere to see some character interactions, like Azanami dragging Io around to advertise braver.

Anduril
Jan 16, 2018, 05:15 PM
Did they say they were getting rid of the Event Chronicle in MyRoom? If they aren't, at least those scenes will be preserved there.

Kondibon
Jan 16, 2018, 05:21 PM
I actually like the Loser fight, so having an excuse to do a suped up version of him is fine by me.

Cyber Meteor
Jan 16, 2018, 05:25 PM
Did they say they were getting rid of the Event Chronicle in MyRoom? If they aren't, at least those scenes will be preserved there.

Nothing was said about Event Chronicle so i guess it will stay there at least

Moffen
Jan 16, 2018, 05:30 PM
Do you guys think Omega Loser might drop an R-atk/T-atk reverie?
Will he still be able to be opened up via mirage?

Altiea
Jan 16, 2018, 05:31 PM
Do you guys think Omega Loser might drop an R-atk/T-atk reverie?
Will he still be able to be opened up via mirage?

It's still a bit too early to tell, but I'd personally say Loser Reverie would be T-ATK based.

What I'm really curious about is how we ended up in the Mothership again even though this is purportedly in Omega.

Kondibon
Jan 16, 2018, 05:41 PM
It's still a bit too early to tell, but I'd personally say Loser Reverie would be T-ATK based.

What I'm really curious about is how we ended up in the Mothership again even though this is purportedly in Omega.If you look at the background, it's a sky and clouds instead of water. The arena is probably like that because it's easier than making a new one, and lolphotons.

EDIT: Actually I went it watched the video instead of looking at screenshots, and there IS a water effect. But my point still stands. It could be in a lake or something.

TehCubey
Jan 16, 2018, 05:41 PM
I totally forgot about the Event Chronicle! I take back what I said then, I'm not bothered by the loss of ep 1-3 mode at all.

Zephyrion
Jan 16, 2018, 06:20 PM
ooooweeee Sega flexin that lazy muscle with that 2hrs in microsoft paint work on Omega Loser. Really nothing to look forward to the next few months

I mean, what did you expect, Omega Loser is following the EP4 trend of a revamp-ed fight after a new raid (revamp-ed PD happened roughly a few months after Yamato).

I also would save my bitching for when the fight is actually released. So far the new mechanics making Loser "stance" change mid-pattern could lead to really cool stuff. That and we don't know if Loser part-breaking puzzle will remain the same or not. All of this could potentially lead to a raid that is as enjoyable as re-worked PD was in its prime, so if anything, I'd rather look forward to it

the_importer_
Jan 16, 2018, 07:03 PM
http://i.memeful.com/memes/RokjV8B.jpg

Ezodagrom
Jan 16, 2018, 08:06 PM
That is the one thing they did do wrong; many of the quests were turned into just the boss room, and that's it.

Like I said, the best story delivery (comparatively speaking) was the quests themselves.

The unnecessary filler with many event tiles and doing the same quest 2 or more times can stay gone (Matoi viel is a permissible exception).

The Matoi viel event, and maybe taking Sara along for the Arks battle championship (probably) was pretty much the only alternate endings that held any meaningful relevance.
Matoi Viel's event is part of the ep3 omnibus anyway.

I actually like the Loser fight, so having an excuse to do a suped up version of him is fine by me.
Same here, for me Loser is probably still my favourite boss fight, so I'm actually looking forward to Omega Loser.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 16, 2018, 08:22 PM
I mean, what did you expect, Omega Loser is following the EP4 trend of a revamp-ed fight after a new raid (revamp-ed PD happened roughly a few months after Yamato).

I also would save my bitching for when the fight is actually released. So far the new mechanics making Loser "stance" change mid-pattern could lead to really cool stuff. That and we don't know if Loser part-breaking puzzle will remain the same or not. All of this could potentially lead to a raid that is as enjoyable as re-worked PD was in its prime, so if anything, I'd rather look forward to it

i dont expect much from Sega which is why i said what i said about Omega Luther and ya, for when the fight is here and shown off in the stream is kinda what im expecting to maybe complain about but idk how they would go about it but Luther is one of my favorite fights that i hope they actually put some effort into it but hurr its Sega.

Also 14*'s and maybe a new CF series to go with the Raid idk, they need to be good though.

So far its: Phantasy Star Online 2 Episode 5: Rebalance! cuz man its lacking content bad, feels like worse episode so far. Rebalance game while throwing scraps toward the players in between

Meteor Weapon
Jan 16, 2018, 08:58 PM
If you guys look closer enough instead of complaining it being simply recolor, Omega Loser's design is a little different than the old one.

You want bad rehash? Look at PSU, reskins all over the place even Dark Falz himself.

If you look at the background, it's a sky and clouds instead of water. The arena is probably like that because it's easier than making a new one, and lolphotons.

EDIT: Actually I went it watched the video instead of looking at screenshots, and there IS a water effect. But my point still stands. It could be in a lake or something.

"Regarding 星雲 on the Road Map
- Earlier roadmap showed those letters after January 2018
- Sakai teases us as it may be a metaphor, but it's still a secret"

Google translate reads it as Nebula, so probably a Nebula cloud somewhere deep inside the Swirl of Root/Akasha.

Zorak000
Jan 16, 2018, 10:36 PM
or it could just be a codename for the release of the Switch version, and they are just being coy for no reason

if there is any kind of plot twist that makes Omega look less like generic Isakai trash, they really shot themselves in the foot by waiting over half a year to get to it already. the enchanted forest was nice but my god the buster fields are just so uninteresting (and desaturated), and the next LQ somehow manages to make those look even -less- interesting than before!

anyway I, for one, am glad we are finally getting DA-Abberation full-falzes; about 2 episodes late to the party imo but better late than never

ArcaneTechs
Jan 16, 2018, 11:35 PM
If you guys look closer enough instead of complaining it being simply recolor, Omega Loser's design is a little different than the old one.

You want bad rehash? Look at PSU, reskins all over the place even Dark Falz himself.

I've been complaining about lazy reskins since PSU, people are just now hopping on the bandwagon for this sort of thing. Dulk Fakis ho ho Dulk Falz woah, nice work Sega. oh ya and De Rol Le 1st form Falz, it's a dam shame we didnt get an appropriate Falz form in PSU but instead people backed it up with its lore, which ya kinda makes sense but i refuse to believe Sega would go out of their way anyways.

I did watch the Luther vid they put out, I need to see it in its Rage mode, watching its passive made me think SH Luther we have right now with its long pauses and Sword twirl sheathe, super slow and boring. It only did one fast crazy attack, i need more!

https://twitter.com/_TUKA_/status/953270064270069760 luther vid

aiMute
Jan 17, 2018, 12:10 AM
Don't you need to switch to 1-3 mode to view 1-3 chronicle?

Anduril
Jan 17, 2018, 12:15 AM
Don't you need to switch to 1-3 mode to view 1-3 chronicle?

Nope. You can view it in any mode.

wefwq
Jan 17, 2018, 12:22 AM
Shame that they'll removing authentic way to experience the pain of EP1-3 that is matterboards node grinding.

aiMute
Jan 17, 2018, 04:23 AM
Nope. You can view it in any mode.

And I guess they unlock with omnibus? Still it'll most likely go to "missing content" as people won't specifically check for them and no one will want to watch same content twice. Let's just hope there'll be enough backlash from JP community so they either scrap that idea or update omnibus to contain all the scenes and quests.

Kondibon
Jan 17, 2018, 04:39 AM
And I guess they unlock with omnibus?There was an update that made them all automatically unlocked iirc.

NightfallG
Jan 17, 2018, 06:10 AM
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but are they making all the AC locked salon stuff cost SG now, thus invalidating the free salon pass items since it'll all be SG related instead of AC?

ArcaneTechs
Jan 17, 2018, 06:11 AM
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but are they making all the AC locked salon stuff cost SG now, thus invalidating the free salon pass items since it'll all be SG related instead of AC?
Makeover Pass-->Convert into 100SG-->Go to make over shop and do your thing-->pay 100SG to confirm your changes

the_importer_
Jan 17, 2018, 06:23 AM
Makeover Pass-->Convert into 100SG-->Go to make over shop and do your thing-->pay 100SG to confirm your changes

Wait is this true? Cause if it is, then I have over 40 of those passes.

otakun
Jan 17, 2018, 06:48 AM
Wait is this true? Cause if it is, then I have over 40 of those passes.

If true, I assume its normal makeover passes, not free ones.

the_importer_
Jan 17, 2018, 07:12 AM
If true, I assume its normal makeover passes, not free ones.

Aren't they the same thing?

otakun
Jan 17, 2018, 07:57 AM
Aren't they the same thing?

No, free ones are ones given for free during campaigns and login rewards which gives you a one and done deal. Normal ones bought with AC and once given out during a bingo afaik, give you an hour of time to change your look before it becomes set but I believe it only works like that if you're prem. Not 100% sure since I never used normal passes.

echofaith
Jan 17, 2018, 08:17 AM
I read a few months ago in this topic that AC makeover passes were "nerfed" and they dont give you the hour to redo changes anymore. Team mate also was complaining about it not long ago. Assuming the nerf is true, then both of them work the same now :(

Aexorcet
Jan 17, 2018, 09:14 AM
AC passes still give you an hour of changes, but I think you need to have premium for that to work. Not totally sure on the last point. They are one of the best items in the game, I recommend for April 1st and Halloween.

EDIT

I guess I should clarify that the AC passes I have were given out from Ep4 bingo and not purchased [recently]. If they were changed, maybe old passes from before the change kept their functionality (?) and new ones did not. I've never heard of a change to the AC passes until I read it in this thread though.

the_importer_
Jan 17, 2018, 09:49 AM
No, free ones are ones given for free during campaigns and login rewards which gives you a one and done deal. Normal ones bought with AC and once given out during a bingo afaik, give you an hour of time to change your look before it becomes set but I believe it only works like that if you're prem. Not 100% sure since I never used normal passes.

Well either way, they'll have to keep the free one usable, so it's all good for me then.

Anduril
Jan 17, 2018, 11:02 AM
I read a few months ago in this topic that AC makeover passes were "nerfed" and they dont give you the hour to redo changes anymore. Team mate also was complaining about it not long ago. Assuming the nerf is true, then both of them work the same now :(

The one hour grace period has always required both an AC purchased pass and active Premium to work.

Zorak000
Jan 17, 2018, 12:54 PM
I think the passes will still continue to work like normal, just that if you don't have any passes on you it'll hit you with the SG menu

anyway, lazy boss reskins is only really a complaint when they are trying to sell you a Dark Falz that is really just De Rol Le painted purple. this is basically just "ult loser", which just a new coat of paint seems perfectly acceptable to me.

that said; Daibo, Leon/Leone, Duvals also get a pass because there is no actual ult Vol Dragon, Banther/Banshee, and Mizer in their respective areas; since these -are- supposed to be their ult forms.

like, omega loser is kinda something I actually wanted to see? maybe it would have been something like "Dark Falz Loser Yuga" if it wasn't part of episode 5 here

tldr: I'd say you can't really call it a reskin in a PSU sense if this is literally the same boss, were you complaining about "super elder" and the buffed Profound Darkness when those were coming out too? or ult?

Zulastar
Jan 17, 2018, 01:24 PM
SEGA's long term plan to suck more players money by forced SG trading keep woking. SG playes can get trough ingame ways just to insignificant while there's more and more services they put on it. And 500AC for 120SG is just robbing off.

Ceresa
Jan 17, 2018, 01:40 PM
SEGA's long term plan to suck more players money by forced SG trading keep woking. SG playes can get trough ingame ways just to insignificant while there's more and more services they put on it. And 500AC for 120SG is just robbing off.

What? The new system is literally an improvement in every way.

It's 500 ac right now for an AC Este pass. It's 500 ac at the worst possible conversion rate for 100 SG. The real money cost is the same, the only thing that's changed is now you have an extra option that doesn't require money.

And since when is in-game SG not enough? Constant barrage of new titles and campaigns, or you can just buy costumes. Buy 10 costumes, throw them on alts, recycle or resell when done, probably cost you about a million meseta for 100 SG, roughly the same as a color change pass.

All that, assuming you even need the passes, they're pretty generous with the free ones.

echofaith
Jan 17, 2018, 02:01 PM
I didnt watch the stream, but I am hoping they dont remove the login bonus ones. They are good stuff.

Zorak000
Jan 17, 2018, 02:15 PM

oh so it'll be cheaper now, since the AC makeover pass is 500AC already, 100SG means you still have 20SG afterward; assuming somebody was using AC to get makeover passes already

EDIT:
I didnt watch the stream, but I am hoping they dont remove the login bonus ones. They are good stuff. yeah that's the only thing im worried about here

Zulastar
Jan 17, 2018, 02:26 PM
What? The new system is literally an improvement in every way.

It's 500 ac right now for an AC Este pass. It's 500 ac at the worst possible conversion rate for 100 SG. The real money cost is the same, the only thing that's changed is now you have an extra option that doesn't require money.

And since when is in-game SG not enough? Constant barrage of new titles and campaigns, or you can just buy costumes. Buy 10 costumes, throw them on alts, recycle or resell when done, probably cost you about a million meseta for 100 SG, roughly the same as a color change pass.

All that, assuming you even need the passes, they're pretty generous with the free ones.

Improvements you say...
Well I get 31 sg/day with 3 charas + weekly casino 10 SG and some with Buster Medals. It's barely enough for my triboost suppling. But casul player with one character can afford about 100SG/week and be happy about it.

And we have this fucking scratch which keep giving me only shit I don't need, can't use or already have. And I need 7 more items from it. Thanks god there's no CF, that need to be rushed, I don't rush lvlup pets or some other SG spendings 'cause they are just too expencive to buy them with AC.

BTW I have 60+ free salon passes and don't use them often. But if they suddenly become useless, it will be completely disaster.

oratank
Jan 17, 2018, 03:42 PM
Improvements you say...
Well I get 31 sg/day with 3 charas

what? gain sg per day how?

otakun
Jan 17, 2018, 03:43 PM

wear 3 SG having outfits everyday and 1 for logging into PSO2es.

Zulastar
Jan 17, 2018, 03:58 PM
oh so it'll be cheaper now, since the AC makeover pass is 500AC already, 100SG means you still have 20SG afterward; assuming somebody was using AC to get makeover passes already
You guys really don't get it. I mean overall SG usage increase while incoming stay same. And you forced to buy more with AC if you need it.

EDIT: yeah that's the only thing im worried about here
Everybody worried about that.

You showed who you are with just that single question.

Zephyrion
Jan 17, 2018, 04:24 PM
You guys really don't get it. I mean overall SG usage increase while incoming stay same. And you forced to buy more with AC if you need it.

Jee, no need to get all prickly, you should re-read what was said above about how it's likely to work
-Pass system will remain exactly the same. What that means is that before even dealing with what the change implies, you'll have to burn through the entirety of your passes first

-As Ceresa mentioned, if you DON'T have a pass, you'll have to pay 100SG for making your change instead of 500AC. However you can pay 500AC for 120SG, so if worst case scenario you have to pay AC to get your SG, it still amounts to less of an expense than it was before. And if you don't want to pay AC for the change, you're not forced to do so anymore. You can just patiently work with your SG income to eventually make the changes.

I really fail to see how this is not an improvement regarding makeover.

Kondibon
Jan 17, 2018, 04:45 PM
If you don't want to buy passes you can just wait for free ones like before. The SG change ONLY affects full passes, which, if you weren't willing to buy AC to get anyway, means nothing changes for you, except that you have the option of using SGs.

Enforcer MKV
Jan 17, 2018, 04:57 PM
If you don't want to buy passes you can just wait for free ones like before. The SG change ONLY affects full passes, which, if you weren't willing to buy AC to get anyway, means nothing changes for you, except that you have the option of using SGs.

I didn't watch the stream so this might have been talked about, but that's assuming they continue to give free passes. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they did once or twice, but I can't help but think they'll be phased out at some point after hearing this.

Kondibon
Jan 17, 2018, 05:02 PM
I didn't watch the stream so this might have been talked about, but that's assuming they continue to give free passes. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they did once or twice, but I can't help but think they'll be phased out at some point after hearing this.There's a difference between the way free passes and payed passes work though. Mainly that free passes don't allow that leway time to use them, leave the makeover and come back on the same pass, even if you have premium.

Enforcer MKV
Jan 17, 2018, 05:21 PM
There's a difference between the way free passes and payed passes work though. Mainly that free passes don't allow that leway time to use them, leave the makeover and come back on the same pass, even if you have premium.

True, but maybe, and this is most likely me just being incredibly cynical towards this game after by and large quitting [I say this but watch something drag me back in], but I wouldn't be surprised if Sega eventually did away with the passes entirely and made it only SG therefore potentially pushing people to spend money.

Of course, on the flip side part of me is actually happy about this change; it gives people another avenue to change things without spending money. Two sides and whatnot.

ZER0 DX
Jan 17, 2018, 06:46 PM
I think the passes will still continue to work like normal, just that if you don't have any passes on you it'll hit you with the SG menu

anyway, lazy boss reskins is only really a complaint when they are trying to sell you a Dark Falz that is really just De Rol Le painted purple. this is basically just "ult loser", which just a new coat of paint seems perfectly acceptable to me.

that said; Daibo, Leon/Leone, Duvals also get a pass because there is no actual ult Vol Dragon, Banther/Banshee, and Mizer in their respective areas; since these -are- supposed to be their ult forms.

like, omega loser is kinda something I actually wanted to see? maybe it would have been something like "Dark Falz Loser Yuga" if it wasn't part of episode 5 here

tldr: I'd say you can't really call it a reskin in a PSU sense if this is literally the same boss, were you complaining about "super elder" and the buffed Profound Darkness when those were coming out too? or ult?

I was thinking the exact same thing honestly. I consider this a throwback to "ultimate mode" reskins, the whole point was that it's supposed to be the exact same boss but stronger. People forget reskins have been a staple in RPG's since their inception. Turn a yellow bee enemy red and all of a sudden it's got a different name and capable of wiping your party. PSO1 lived off of this trope, we had like 12 base enemies tops and every other enemy in the game was just a remodel of them with mildly tweaked AI so they shot a tech or something instead. We all noticed, but no one really had any issue with it.

Plus it doesn't help too much that PSO2 is just running off of a modified PSU engine, so I have to say they're doing pretty good with a game that's technically 13 or more years old.

Kondibon
Jan 17, 2018, 07:57 PM
People forget reskins have been a staple in RPG's since their inception. I have absolutely no problem with reskins when they're logical, but I personally hate this excuse, especially when the devs have shown multiple times that they're fully capable of using an existing rig in ways that make the enemy behave differently. I'm fine with Loser though, I care more about changes to his move-set than making him look different since it's literally just loser again anyway.

Tyreek
Jan 17, 2018, 08:25 PM
So no Omega Angel. Bummer.

otakun
Jan 17, 2018, 08:29 PM
I have absolutely no problem with reskins when they're logical, but I personally hate this excuse, especially when the devs have shown multiple times that they're fully capable of using an existing rig in ways that make the enemy behave differently. I'm fine with Loser though, I care more about changes to his move-set than making him look different since it's literally just loser again anyway.

Yet, I haven't seen a single person complain the fact they use the same models with very little texture changes in a lot of their basewears which is how the game stays afloat to begin with but when they do the same to mobs then it's them being lazy. Just sayin'.

Altiea
Jan 17, 2018, 08:30 PM
Yet, I haven't seen a single person complain the fact they use the same models with very little texture changes in a lot of their basewears which is how the game stays afloat to begin with but when they do the same to mobs then it's them being lazy. Just sayin'.

Maybe cause it's not as easy to notice? Also, there's kind of a difference between cosmetics and stuff that people actually fight in the game.

Kondibon
Jan 17, 2018, 08:33 PM
Yet, I haven't seen a single person complain the fact they use the same models with very little texture changes in a lot of their basewears which is how the game stays afloat to begin with but when they do the same to mobs then it's them being lazy. Just sayin'.Do you mean innerwear? None of the base wears are the same model unless they're part of the same set... which is exactly my point about reskins being fine. Either way, the point of new outfits is new looks, that can be anything from simple texture changes, to entirely new outfits, whereas the point of new enemies is to provide new challenges and mechanics. You're comparing apples and oranges.

otakun
Jan 17, 2018, 09:54 PM
Do you mean innerwear? None of the base wears are the same model unless they're part of the same set... which is exactly my point about reskins being fine. Either way, the point of new outfits is new looks, that can be anything from simple texture changes, to entirely new outfits, whereas the point of new enemies is to provide new challenges and mechanics. You're comparing apples and oranges.

Well, you're pretty much proving my point. It's ok for them to be lazy on one end but not in another. Content is content whether you think one is different or not.

Altiea
Jan 17, 2018, 09:56 PM
Well, you're pretty much proving my point. It's ok for them to be lazy on one end but not in another. Content is content whether you think one is different or not.

That's like saying that we should be complaining about fashion the same way we complain about "new" enemies. While there is complaining in both areas, it's for different reasons.

otakun
Jan 17, 2018, 09:59 PM
That's like saying that we should be complaining about fashion the same way we complain about "new" enemies. While there is complaining in both areas, it's for different reasons.

The argument is about the devs being lazy ... how is it not the same argument?

Meteor Weapon
Jan 17, 2018, 10:03 PM
Clearer video of Omega Falz Loser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhHAZNxK1tE

Altiea
Jan 17, 2018, 10:11 PM
The argument is about the devs being lazy ... how is it not the same argument?

But Kondibon just stated that basewear models aren't recycled...

Kiboune
Jan 17, 2018, 10:11 PM
OMG Keyblade camo!! *_*

Kondibon
Jan 17, 2018, 10:21 PM
Well, you're pretty much proving my point. It's ok for them to be lazy on one end but not in another. Content is content whether you think one is different or not.I can't speak for everyone, but people complain about reskinned enemies because they function the same, not because they look the same. The exact same outfit in a different color has a lot more significance than the exact same enemy in a different color. How an outfit looks is the ENTIRE POINT of an outfit, how an enemy looks is mostly irrelevant to its mechanics.

Altiea
Jan 17, 2018, 10:33 PM
OMG Keyblade camo!! *_*

Wasn't Mesetan Crown already a thing in the Casino Coin Shop?

ZER0 DX
Jan 17, 2018, 10:44 PM
I'd like to mention I was blown away with the ability to change the color of the only outfit your character could ever have which was determined by your race and gender back in 2001. I'd say we have it pretty good now, but I know, apples and oranges etc.

otakun
Jan 17, 2018, 10:48 PM
I'd like to mention I was blown away with the ability to change the color of the only outfit your character could ever have which was determined by your race and gender back in 2001. I'd say we have it pretty good now, but I know, apples and oranges etc.

I agree we have it pretty good but people on PSOW always find a reason to complain.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 17, 2018, 11:51 PM
I agree we have it pretty good but people on PSOW always find a reason to complain.
literally any game community does this

Dark Mits
Jan 18, 2018, 04:46 AM
Plus it doesn't help too much that PSO2 is just running off of a modified PSU engine, so I have to say they're doing pretty good with a game that's technically 13 or more years old.PSO2 is built using Hedgehog Engine, not the PSU one.

On the topic of remodels: Why exactly are there complaints? Do you guys even notice the details and textures on most enemies when you kill them in 0.3sec? Or do you even care about their models? What you really want is something identifiable to the enemy that informs you about their (lack of) AI and moveset.

Sega paying more attention to Innerwear is logical... I mean, that's your character and lots of people identify themselves with them, roleplay and what not. Heck, some of you spend more time playing "Design your Sims character" than killing mobs.

Kondibon
Jan 18, 2018, 05:06 AM
PSO2 is built using Hedgehog Engine, not the PSU one.

On the topic of remodels: Why exactly are there complaints? Do you guys even notice the details and textures on most enemies when you kill them in 0.3sec? Or do you even care about their models? What you really want is something identifiable to the enemy that informs you about their (lack of) AI and moveset.

Sega paying more attention to Innerwear is logical... I mean, that's your character and lots of people identify themselves with them, roleplay and what not. Heck, some of you spend more time playing "Design your Sims character" than killing mobs.I think a couple of people made some offhanded comments about it, but it was mostly in regards to whether or not he's going to have new attacks or changes to mechanics, which he is.

ralf542
Jan 18, 2018, 05:18 AM
wear 3 SG having outfits everyday and 1 for logging into PSO2es.

You showed who you are with just that single question.
Let's say i'm a casul and don't have premium so can't really sell stuff. Right now one outfit(Normal/Body Part/[Ou]) costs ~400k, that means 1.2m/day for my 3 female characters. I get around 1m from XQ, ~1.5m from TACO and 600k from Yerkes, that's 3.1m/week/char. Of course I could buy 42 costumes for cheaper, but what if there aren't any cheap costumes in 2 weeks? Should I hoard stuff and buy like 200-300 stuff everytime there is a scratch revival? The supply isnt unlimited.

SG costumes for a week would cost 8.4m and my income would be 9.3m, this means that I spend almost all my money on 30SG.

Terrence
Jan 18, 2018, 06:08 AM
Right now one outfit(Normal/Body Part/[Ou]) costs ~400k, that means 1.2m/day for my 3 female characters (...)That's where you made a mistake. If you didn't want to buy AC and you didn't want to farm Mesetas to get costumes/outwears to gain SG, then you should have given a wee-wee to two of your characters. It would have been far less expensive that way.

GHNeko
Jan 18, 2018, 06:46 AM
fuck bitches get meseta Kappa

cheapgunner
Jan 18, 2018, 08:05 AM
I don't really care about reskins much, as I would rather care about whether or not we are getting quests above XH or not as I wait for stronger enemies. Usually stuff dies too quickly for me to even have much of a thought on their designs tbh.

Dark Mits
Jan 18, 2018, 08:31 AM
I don't really care about reskins much, as I would rather care about whether or not we are getting quests above XH or not as I wait for stronger enemies. Usually stuff dies too quickly for me to even have much of a thought on their designs tbh.Another interesting "behaviour" I noticed on myself:

At first I also wanted Forest XH, Caves XH etc (as well as every ARKS quest etc), because I found the SH versions too easy and quick. Then I realized that when Tokyo and Vegas are in rotation, I never run them on XH but instead on SH to get done with their COs. Isn't it likely that Sega have decided not to implement XH versions of current content exactly because they have noticed that players do not run XH as often? Is it possible that for us to have an incentive to run XH (or XXH or whatever comes next), they have to first implement sufficient rewards for us to entice us there? Maybe new Hans COs to kill 100 mobs of lvl80 in area X to earn 100k exp or smth, once per week.

Aexorcet
Jan 18, 2018, 09:16 AM
Another interesting "behaviour" I noticed on myself:

At first I also wanted Forest XH, Caves XH etc (as well as every ARKS quest etc), because I found the SH versions too easy and quick. Then I realized that when Tokyo and Vegas are in rotation, I never run them on XH but instead on SH to get done with their COs. Isn't it likely that Sega have decided not to implement XH versions of current content exactly because they have noticed that players do not run XH as often? Is it possible that for us to have an incentive to run XH (or XXH or whatever comes next), they have to first implement sufficient rewards for us to entice us there? Maybe new Hans COs to kill 100 mobs of lvl80 in area X to earn 100k exp or smth, once per week.

Give XH decent drop rates for useful items? I actually do the opposite of you though and run XH a lot already.

otakun
Jan 18, 2018, 09:50 AM
Let's say i'm a casul and don't have premium so can't really sell stuff. Right now one outfit(Normal/Body Part/[Ou]) costs ~400k, that means 1.2m/day for my 3 female characters. I get around 1m from XQ, ~1.5m from TACO and 600k from Yerkes, that's 3.1m/week/char. Of course I could buy 42 costumes for cheaper, but what if there aren't any cheap costumes in 2 weeks? Should I hoard stuff and buy like 200-300 stuff everytime there is a scratch revival? The supply isnt unlimited.

SG costumes for a week would cost 8.4m and my income would be 9.3m, this means that I spend almost all my money on 30SG.

1) your fault for making all female characters .
2) plenty of 200k outfits after scratches, if you need to hoard then hoard.
3) you can sell stuff, quit being lazy and buy FUN tickets.
4) 3 character for 7 days at 30 SGs a day is 210 SGs not 30.
5) If you can't handle doing it then don't do it and wait for your SGs from the heavens like most casuals.

wahahaha
Jan 18, 2018, 10:41 AM
-Do cm each week, get 30, 50 or 100 SG based on rank per CM per ship
-Farm PvP, 100 SG each week + bonus at the end of the month based on rank
-Do buster free (huge time usage) for extra 100 SG

Oh right, sega is way too greedy asking for 100sg.

isCasted
Jan 18, 2018, 11:01 AM
PSO2 is built using Hedgehog Engine, not the PSU one

Hedgehog Engine is a lighting engine. It's not even a full-fledged graphics engine (like HE2), just a very small part of it. Things like netcode, collision detection, sound design and virtually everything else have nothing to do with it.

Zorak000
Jan 18, 2018, 11:02 AM
if anything, this means people who were not buying the AC makeover passes will now be tempted to spend their SG on them; which I could see being an issue for f2p players since now it will be one more thing to potentially compete for their SG

echofaith
Jan 18, 2018, 11:37 AM
Another interesting "behaviour" I noticed on myself:

I am sure the biggest factor for people wanting XH in old Free fields are the level 71+ enemies for CF filling, more so than wanting more sturdy mobs. Ultimate have both damage sponges(even more so than regular XH) and more dangerous AI topped with big mobs, and yet no one bothers unless there is a reward. Some people even complained about the HP buff of Ulti and wanted them back to regular to make the grind more bearable.

I dont see them adding it because they seem to love to make content EQ based, and giving us a more reliable way that dont rely in their schedule is a no-no. Just look at The Form series. You could farm it from spammable Vegas XH, but spawn for boss was random. Solo XQ was also possible, but with a limit of 5 times a day not to mention it wasnt exactly a walk in the park.

But who knows, maybe they will revamp them same as they did with ultimate, and make bosses spawn randomly only in XH. Final room will have a Nyau or something :p

vantpers
Jan 18, 2018, 11:56 AM
Sure sure Sega can reskin Luther and add a few attacks and I will play this shitty EQ a lot. Too bad that 2 minutes in microsoft paint, probably some longer time animating and rewriting some AI doesn't add up to a lot of work for Sega. They did about as much with SH difficulty implementation alone. but that wasn't just one boss fight. You either make a bunch of new content or reskin a whole lot of old content, not pump out singular reskins over the span of months.

Suirano
Jan 18, 2018, 06:35 PM
I love Loser a lot but this could have just been an added thing to the already existing EQ instead of claiming it as something new. I do however find it interesting that they are doing this after they claimed that they wouldn't do anything new for Elder or Loser but I guess they did do that buffed PI. Either way, I love the Loser fight and I am fine with this Omega variant but I can understand the complaints about it.

Omega Apos Dorios tho? :V

Meteor Weapon
Jan 18, 2018, 11:51 PM
Wasnt Omega Loser was dataminded before Esca Falz Mama was a thing

Flatflyer
Jan 19, 2018, 02:31 PM
I mean on the whole complaint about reskinned loser, would you rather have a reworked version of an already good boss with a few new attacks/mechanics, or an entirely new, annoying and not very fun to fight boss cough cough Deus cough cough

kurokyosuke
Jan 19, 2018, 04:54 PM
I mean on the whole complaint about reskinned loser, would you rather have a reworked version of an already good boss with a few new attacks/mechanics, or an entirely new, annoying and not very fun to fight boss cough cough Deus cough cough

I always felt that Deus was actually just a poor man's PD.

NightlightPro
Jan 19, 2018, 06:07 PM
that's how it is going to be: omega pd, mother, deus..

and all i can think about omega profound darkness is = austere nt

Kintama
Jan 19, 2018, 06:07 PM
Deus is waaayyy too scripted to be fun after the first run, if anything, the whole fight feels like nothing but an interractive movie.

Altiea
Jan 19, 2018, 06:50 PM
I personally like fighting Deus, if only because it's one of the only raids where Chaining with GU is insanely easy.

Moffen
Jan 19, 2018, 07:50 PM
I personally like fighting Deus, if only because it's one of the only raids where Chaining with GU is insanely easy.

Wut
I almost quit over deus because i had nothing to chain
Id ge to a 20 chain in mpas and the core would kick me off,things would break,cutscenes would cut me off from my attacks,the deus humanoid forms would just warp away when i tried to bother with them.

Solo the raids fun as gu but definitely not as MPAs @_@

On another note,I hope they re-use the matterboard gold weapon sprite to differenciate between 7-9*s and 10-12*s by giving us a gold untekk box instead of a red one.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 19, 2018, 07:53 PM

considering how piss easy Deus is Raid/Solo non HR ill take a complete reworked Luther fight anyday

Altiea
Jan 19, 2018, 08:55 PM
Wut
I almost quit over deus because i had nothing to chain
Id ge to a 20 chain in mpas and the core would kick me off,things would break,cutscenes would cut me off from my attacks,the deus humanoid forms would just warp away when i tried to bother with them.

Solo the raids fun as gu but definitely not as MPAs @_@

On another note,I hope they re-use the matterboard gold weapon sprite to differenciate between 7-9*s and 10-12*s by giving us a gold untekk box instead of a red one.

You definitely have to run in a party for maximum Chain efficiency. I usually try to get into 4-person parties whenever Deus rolls around, which pretty much guarantees 100 Chain during every stun phase. Also, are you timing your Chains right? Knowing how much time you have until Deus boots you off the core is important for running it with GU. The only problem I have with Deus is him screwing up One More Time during phase transitions and forcing me to wait 45s for Showtime to come off cooldown.

I don't bother with Chain on Hunas and Angelus, they have too many moving parts to target for Chain to work right.