PDA

View Full Version : S-Class Special Abilities: Make Your Own Gear Edition

Altiea
Dec 20, 2017, 04:02 AM
S-Class Special Abilities, or Super Special Abilities (SSA for short) are new Potential-like Special Abilities that can be affixed to weapons. If you have a weapon that allows you to affix SSAs and a weapon at +35 that can be used as SSA fodder, then congrats, you're ready to affix SSAs! But keep in mind that you can only affix SSAs if the target weapon allows you to affix an SSA of the corresponding tier, and you can only affix one SSA per tier per weapon. However, just like SAFs, SSAs have base 100% chance to affix!

List of current SSAs:

S1:

光子縮減: Decrease PP consumption by 10%

S2:

輝流の撃: Increase active PP regen by 10%

S3:

時流活与: HP regenerates by 5% at regular intervals

S4:

瞬護輝与: Regenerate PP when performing a Just Guard
鋼の決意: Survive a fatal blow with 1 HP (once per Quest)
輝器応変: Reduce PP consumption based on maximum PP
正対の巧: Increase Crit Rate by 30% when striking an enemy's front in Brave Stance
鎌風重吹: Increase Kamaitachi duration by 4 seconds
賢勇両撃: Increase frontal attack damage by 15% while in Wise Stance
奪命の撃: Restore 1% of damage dealt as HP (30 HP max per hit)
刃機放縮: Decrease rate of Gear drain while in Katana Gear
変素応輪: Active Element of Weapon becomes that of the currently equipped "Guard" Skill Ring
静の胆力: After standing still for a certain period of time (1s), gain resistance to knockback and stagger
輝剰の罠: Increase Tactics Trap PP regen by 20%
鎖動強身: Become invincible for 5 seconds when activating Chain Trigger
迅弓の撃: Increase damage by 3% when equipped with a Bullet Bow while in Rapid Shoot
摂理洗練: Increase the potency of Element Conversion
回路輪転: Photon Flare Recast Time is reduced by 20%
短杖強打: Increase Wand normal attack performance (attack speed 1.1x)
支援限長: Shifta and Deband max duration becomes 120 seconds

Silent_Flower
Dec 20, 2017, 05:50 AM
There are more SSA than you have listed, Talis is S3: Radianting Grace: +17% pp regen

final_attack
Dec 20, 2017, 05:51 AM
Someone translate from the in-game text pls _(:3」

S1:
妙技の巧 - Critical Rate 15% (?)

S3:
妙撃の志 - Critical Damage Up 4% (?)
輝剰の撃 - APPR 20% (?)

escarlata
Dec 20, 2017, 06:01 AM
Swiki is updating so fast I cant keep up, but CAA time of edit:

S1:
光子縮減 PP消費量を10%軽減。10% PP cost reduction
光子縮減 PP消費量を7%軽減。7% PP cost reduction
輝勢の恵 PPの自然回復速度が20%上昇する。20% passive PP regen
妙技の巧 クリティカル率が15%上昇する。15% crit
妙撃の志 クリティカル時の与ダメージが4%上昇。4% crit dmg
剛撃の志 与ダメージが2%上昇。2% dmg

S2:
輝流の撃 攻撃時のPP回復量が15%上昇する。15% appr
時流活与 一定時間ごとにHPを60%回復する。60% hp at certain intervals
妙技の匠 クリティカル率が12%上昇する。12% crit rate
瞬撃繚乱 別のPAやテクニックをジャストアタックすると与ダメージが3%上昇。3% TAJA

S3:
時流活与 一定時間ごとにHPを5%回復する。5% HP recovery at certain intervals
時流活与 一定時間ごとにHPを40%回復する。40% HP recovery at certain intervals
輝剰の撃 攻撃時のPP回復量が20%上昇する。20% appr
輝勢の恵 PP自然回復速度が17%上昇する。17% passive PP recovery

S4:
no update so far other than the ones in the OP

Seems that some of the SSA may have a range of values in their respective slots

mr.chills
Dec 20, 2017, 06:50 AM
変素応輪: Active Element of Weapon becomes that of the currently equipped "Guard" Skill Ring

plz plz plz affect element convert!! plz...

should work for db's element stance tho right? atra db, 5-ring meta?

Altiea
Dec 20, 2017, 06:56 AM

plz plz plz affect element convert!! plz...

Issue there is that if you get that, you have to give up the S4 that actually boosts Element Convert. It's kind of a mixed bag.

escarlata
Dec 20, 2017, 08:07 AM
It seems that S4 abilities are tied to the respective Atra weapons (at least at the moment), in order of

瞬護輝与: Regenerate PP when performing a Just Guard Sword
鋼の決意: Survive a fatal blow with 1 HP (once per Quest) WL
輝器応変: Increase PP regen based on maximum PP Parti
正対の巧: Increase Crit Rate by 30% when striking an enemy's front in Brave Stance TD
鎌風重吹: Increase Kamaitachi duration by 4 seconds DS
賢勇両撃: Increase frontal attack damage by 15% while in Wise Stance Knux
奪命の撃: Restore 1% of damage dealt as HP (30 HP max per hit) GS
刃機放縮: Decrease rate of Gear drain while in Katana Gear Katana
変素応輪: Active Element of Weapon becomes that of the currently equipped "Guard" Skill Ring DB
静の胆力: After standing still for a certain period of time, gain resistance to knockback and stagger Rifle
輝剰の罠: Increase Tactics Trap PP regen by 20% Launcher
鎖動強身: Become invincible for 5 seconds when activating Chain Trigger TMG
迅弓の撃: Increase damage by 3% when equipped with a Bullet Bow while in Rapid Shoot Bow
摂理洗練: Increase the potency of Element Conversion Rod
回路輪転: Photon Flare Recast Time is reduced by 20% Talis
短杖強打: Increase Wand normal attack damage Wand
支援限長: Shifta and Deband max duration becomes 120 seconds JB

Because the respective Atra weapons (at the moment) are the only ones that can give S4 abilities, and they come with these by default, and you can only have one Atra. Maybe when there more S4 abilities you can start to mix and match but it doesn't seem to be the case now.
In other words, stuff like constant healing with sword or something other weapon/S4 combo is still just a dream.

mr.chills
Dec 20, 2017, 08:19 AM
makes sense, thanks a lot for the info!

this cements atra rifle as my choice for the time being, gonna punk stun-locking ass solo pd so much faster now 8-)

edit: seems like hero really gets shafted on s4's doesnt it? they all relate to base class abilities

Zulastar
Dec 20, 2017, 09:16 AM
I got it! I need 3 +35 Val with proper S1, S2, S3 and maybe something more affixed on them to get top affixes on my sword... crap.

SteveCZ
Dec 20, 2017, 09:46 AM
I got it! I need 3 +35 Val with proper S1, S2, S3 and maybe something more affixed on them to get top affixes on my sword... crap.

Gonna be a long, long day to deal with. :rant:

nguuuquaaa
Dec 20, 2017, 09:53 AM

Not really, you only need 1 +35 base sword. SSA is even better than Power I, it has 100% upslotting rate with 1 copy.
The only problem with it is how rare it is since it can only show up on Val.

mr.chills
Dec 20, 2017, 09:54 AM
bal/atrapot confirmed to have 10% power
did some damage calculator between atra rifle vs slave/nem:
http://4rt.info/psod/?b595u

used regular ra/hu multipliers, 10% ult buster in place of rare mastery, wb, headshot 2.0 multiplier and sharp shooter pa power
assumed to have 210 affix for nem/slave (35soul, 45shot6, 40elegant, 30ether, phrase.weak, 30mod, 30sent.trip)
assumed to have 150 affix for atra (35soul, 45shot6, 40elegant, 30ether, phrase.weak, s1 2%ssa(making pot~12.2%), s4 ssa)

-seems like you have to affix 2% damage s1 ssa to equal slave/nem power if your atra s4 ssa is not damage boosting
-if your atra s4 ssa is damage boosting (like dagger thru crit rate in brave or wand normal damage) then you can beat slave/nem power
-if you can benefit from s2 ssa taja damage and s3 ssa crit damage then you can beat slave/nem power
-seems that atra dagger stacking s1 2% ssa, s2 taja 3%, s3 crit 4% and s4 brave 30%crit proc(100% overall) gaps slave/nem the hardest
-otherwise its a toss-up between slave/nem shield benefits and ssa combinations

edit: changed wb to first hit since old wb of 2.55 is now 1.2 which is first hit. still cant proxy new weak hit advance and ss values but shouldn't affect the difference between the weapons

escarlata
Dec 20, 2017, 10:06 AM
bal/atrapot confirmed to have 10% power
did some damage calculator between atra rifle vs slave/nem:
http://4rt.info/psod/?b595u

used regular ra/hu multipliers, 10% ult buster in place of rare mastery, wb, headshot 2.0 multiplier and sharp shooter pa power
assumed to have 210 affix for nem/slave (35soul, 45shot6, 40elegant, 30ether, phrase.weak, 30mod, 30sent.trip)
assumed to have 150 affix for atra (35soul, 45shot6, 40elegant, 30ether, phrase.weak, s1 2%ssa(making pot~12.2%), s4 ssa)

-seems like you have to affix 2% damage s1 ssa to equal slave/nem power if your atra s4 ssa is not damage boosting
-if your atra s4 ssa is damage boosting (like dagger thru crit rate in brave or wand normal damage) then you can beat slave/nem power
-if you can benefit from s2 ssa taja damage and s3 ssa crit damage then you can beat slave/nem power
-seems that atra dagger stacking s1 2% ssa, s2 taja 3%, s3 crit 4% and s4 brave 30%crit proc(100% overall) gaps slave/nem the hardest
-otherwise its a toss-up between slave/nem shield benefits and ssa combinations

edit: changed wb to first hit since old wb of 2.55 is now 1.2 which is first hit. still cant proxy new weak hit advance and ss values but shouldn't affect the difference between the weapons
Technically you can set all class multipliers to 0 because they are constantly multiplicative anyway.
And so apparently Atra is underwhelming as expected.

CrossOmega
Dec 20, 2017, 10:16 AM
It seems that S4 abilities are tied to the respective Atra weapons (at least at the moment), in order of

Because the respective Atra weapons (at the moment) are the only ones that can give S4 abilities, and they come with these by default, and you can only have one Atra. Maybe when there more S4 abilities you can start to mix and match but it doesn't seem to be the case now.
In other words, stuff like constant healing with sword or something other weapon/S4 combo is still just a dream.

Maybe you can affix the current S4 of your atra equip before changing its weapon type?

mr.chills
Dec 20, 2017, 10:23 AM
Maybe you can affix the current S4 of your atra equip before changing its weapon type?

something is telling me zieg is gonna cock-block this by giving a different copy of the atra wep, but fingers crossed?

escarlata
Dec 20, 2017, 10:24 AM
That's a good point actually. Guess will have to wait for someone (willing to burn a full set of Golds and Saphards) to try if S4 overwrites or not. And something tells me after the Guld Milla incident of EP2, SEGA would probably do all they can to keep the GS S4 on a GS

Edit: I still dont understand the point of SSA. A lot of them seem to be functionally similar to SAFs, and this just adds an unnecessary layer of complexity to the game.

final_attack
Dec 20, 2017, 10:59 AM
Would be funny if S4 from Gunslash can be transferred to other weapon type ....... and then, Gunslash might become the most wanted Atra (to transfer S4 only) :wacko:

echofaith
Dec 20, 2017, 11:24 AM
That's a good point actually. Guess will have to wait for someone (willing to burn a full set of Golds and Saphards) to try if S4 overwrites or not. And something tells me after the Guld Milla incident of EP2, SEGA would probably do all they can to keep the GS S4 on a GS

Edit: I still dont understand the point of SSA. A lot of them seem to be functionally similar to SAFs, and this just adds an unnecessary layer of complexity to the game.

My guess is that they wanted a way to add a new pool of affixes asap, so instead of releasing separate lines of 13* with new SAF, they just added a new system. Ideally, it would had been better if they kept SAF to have only regular affixes, and this new system focusing in unique stuff, but too late for that now.

I am glad we got it though. I hate how you spend 3 affix slots on your weapon to get only 80 ish extra atk(which isnt that much after being fully buffed) because there wasnt anything better to get

Saffran
Dec 20, 2017, 11:42 AM
It probably can. There's a pic on twitter with a Sword with the s4 pot of Partizan. You can choose both s4 pots on the next affixing.
Unless it's a fake and my eyes are not opened properly, of course. I have no idea of how and why, I'm just reporting.
(https://pbs.twimg.com/ media/DRfBlazVwAAnDz2.jpg)

Zulastar
Dec 20, 2017, 11:47 AM
I hate how you spend 3 affix slots on your weapon to get only 80 ish extra atk
My dreams come true - I can pack mysef full pp restore.
Already got 輝勢の恵 PPの自然回復速度が20%上昇する。and 輝流の撃 攻撃時のPP回復量が15%上昇する。
Now will hunt for WL with 輝勢の恵 PP自然回復速度が17%上昇する。
Next will be Phrase Recovery. Strike and PP. Elder Reverie. And maybe Power VI

mr.chills
Dec 20, 2017, 11:56 AM
It probably can. There's a pic on twitter with a Sword with the s4 pot of Partizan. You can choose both s4 pots on the next affixing. Unless it's a fake and my eyes are not opened properly, of course. I have no idea of how and why, I'm just reporting.

wait how did the guy get an atra wep and a ssa from a different atra wep if you can only have one? do atra 14's also drop from dragon?

Zulastar
Dec 20, 2017, 12:15 PM
wait how did the guy get an atra wep and a ssa from a different atra wep if you can only have one? do atra 14's also drop from dragon?
No way it drop. It's some kind of bug in exchange system.

mr.chills
Dec 20, 2017, 01:10 PM
just realized that he could have started with pzan and then put pzan s4 on it then switched it to sword and it kept the pzan s4 on it
then he goes to reaffix it and it gives him the option of either one since it must be like fever in terms of transferring even after original is gone as long as you keep choosing it and dont lose it (like by unlucky upslot attempt)

so in effect you can still only have one s4 but by affixing original s4 to the final amount of slots then swapping to the new target weapon type you can effectively save the previous s4

so you can start with db for example then affix it to 7s and make sure its guard ring s4 transferred successfully then switch over to talis and keep guard ring s4 on talis

or even better you can start with rod, get the e.convert boosting s4 then swap it to talis and keep the nice e.convert s4
or best case you start with gs and get the healing s4 then make sure it the final amount of slots you want then swap to sword and finish with healing swerd:D

escarlata
Dec 20, 2017, 04:59 PM
To confirm this, someone has updated swiki with it

「アトラ」シリーズは「アトラシリーズの武器カテゴリ変更」を経由することで他の「アトラ」武器種のS4能 力を付けることが可能。
例えばソードのアトラファーダ?で特殊能力因子「瞬護輝与」を武器に付与。これを武器カテゴリ変更でワイヤ ードランスやパルチザンにすると「瞬護輝与」が付与されたアトラヴェイス?、アトラヴィクトが 出来上がる。
ただし「鎌風重吹」の「カマイタチ(ダブルセイバーギア)」、「短杖強打」の「ウォンド」指定など発動条件 が武器種に紐付けされた能力は引き継いでもその能力が機能しない。
また、武器カテゴリ変更に必要な交換素材(ゴード系武器素材*999,サファード*999)に も注意。

Rough translation:
Atra series can transfer their S4 to other Atra with the [Atra series weapon category exchange] option.
Example for...
Example against (in case of specific pots like DS and Wand)...
However, note you still need to pay the additional set of gold and saphard.

MightyHarken
Dec 20, 2017, 08:10 PM
静の胆力: After standing still for a certain period of time, gain resistance to knockback and stagger
I know what I'm getting for my ranger.

JaseZiD
Dec 20, 2017, 09:32 PM
anyone know this s4 how much increase dmg ?

diamondx
Dec 20, 2017, 10:07 PM
question, I was wondering does this combination stack, I have a atra sword with s3 40%hp restore virtals and a another val sword with s2 60%hp restore virtals does these stack, if i put them on my main 6 slot sword the atra sword everything is 6 slots. including the foldders?

Zulastar
Dec 20, 2017, 11:24 PM
question, I was wondering does this combination stack, I have a atra sword with s3 40%hp restore virtals and a another val sword with s2 60%hp restore virtals does these stack, if i put them on my main 6 slot sword the atra sword everything is 6 slots. including the foldders?

No they doesn't. I bet they have different proc times.

BTW I saw Player Shop recognize only 2 S1, 3 S2 and 3 S3 abilities and I wonder what it means...

Lyrise
Dec 21, 2017, 12:34 AM
S4:
輝器応変: Increase PP regen based on maximum PP

Going to correct this - This doesn't increase PP regen based on your max PP. This reduces your PP usage based on your max PP. (original text is : 最大PPに応じてPP効率が向上する。- PP efficiency)

The exact formula hasn't been worked out yet. Preliminary testing so far gets you about -10% at 200PP, but people seem to be getting mixed results (ranging from 9-12%) even when they all start at 200PP.

Edit: Figured it out - Formula is (Max PP -120) * 0.1%. It doesn't matter how you got the Max PP, even a photon drink will change your end result.

Altiea
Dec 21, 2017, 04:03 AM
anyone know this s4 how much increase dmg ?

Swiki says that the S-Class Ability boosts off-element conversion by +100%. This basically makes off-element conversion rate 50%, which turns your Atra into a knockoff Eternal Psycho Drive.

mr.chills
Dec 21, 2017, 05:56 AM
so this s4 makes atra rod count as 6 rods, finally!
you're getting the 50% from: 25% + 25%(100% of 25%)=50% right? which is the final value of on-element so yay!!

nice to have the option of converting the rod to talis and keeping the s4, giving you 6 talises worth of power if you got nem/cliff rods already
plus dat hot grimoire look

edit: actually i take it back the book is kinda ugly in actual screenshots, rod looks way cooler

also rifle s4 got confirmed to activate in 1 second making it exactly like ss, pretty cool!
i wonder if works like ss for backing yourself into a corner for continuous ea spam

Zulastar
Dec 21, 2017, 08:54 AM
Why there's no way to check weapon's S-Ability factor in Player's Shop before bying it. Damn.

FantasyHeaven
Dec 21, 2017, 10:17 AM
短杖強打: Increase Wand normal attack damage
fucking lmao, that's sega's go-to buff for everything wand isn't it
I can't be too sorry about this game dying when it's so clear the dev's don't give even the tiniest of a fuck.

Dark Mits
Dec 21, 2017, 10:48 AM
I can't be too sorry about this game dying when it's so clear the dev's don't give even the tiniest of a fuck.How else can they buff Techer without making it mandatory for mpas?

If they buffed Shifta, Deband, or Anti further, then groups without a Techer would be at a serious disadvantage compared to groups with one.

So the only way to make Techer more "viable" would be to increase their own performance without further enhancing group performance. If they did that by adding skills, we would be QQing that we have to give up other "crucial" skills to get the new ones. If they added Wand PAs we would be QQing that we would need even more ability slots on subpallettes (because the PAs would take the place of Techs from the wand). If they added more power to Techs from Techer we would be QQing that we have to play like a Force and that we didn't roll Techer for that. So the safest way to buff the class is to just increase base damage.

Zorak000
Dec 21, 2017, 11:14 AM
swiki's got the details on the s4 abilities it seems:
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?S%E7%B4%9A%E7%89%B9%E6%AE%8A%E8%83%BD%E5 %8A%9B

Moffen
Dec 21, 2017, 02:59 PM
Making a TMG affix for gunner is gonna be a nightmare when the gunslash is going to be the most wanted thing out of every val weapon there is oTL

IHeartRice
Dec 21, 2017, 05:36 PM
I can't be too sorry about this game dying when it's so clear the dev's don't give even the tiniest of a fuck.

Isn't that info wrong? I thought it was wand attack speed, not damage.

Altiea
Dec 21, 2017, 06:07 PM
Isn't that info wrong? I thought it was wand attack speed, not damage.

It is, swiki changed it.

Moffen
Dec 21, 2017, 11:00 PM
Is Sclass always 100% upslot regardless of slots?

Altiea
Dec 21, 2017, 11:32 PM
Is Sclass always 100% upslot regardless of slots?

Yes. S-Class Abilities aren't affected by upslot penalty.

milranduil
Dec 22, 2017, 01:44 AM
atra katana is everything i dreamed kazami would be. can't believe they fixed katana gear bug too at the same time. katana has been reborn

morkie
Dec 22, 2017, 04:29 AM
Yes. S-Class Abilities aren't affected by upslot penalty.

Great then, spamming into 8s is not a problem now....

oratank
Dec 22, 2017, 05:35 AM

you mean 4 slot S-class abilities are permanent abilities like old +35 special abilities

Lyrise
Dec 22, 2017, 08:50 AM

...But getting your fodder to 8s is still a problem.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 22, 2017, 03:05 PM
Edit: I think I understand this for the most part. One question though; Is it possible to have the S3 for crit damage on the Val gunslash, unlock its latent S1 through grinding, then upgrade it to Atra for the lifesteal S4 to end up with all 3 on the gunslash? Is that how this works?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 22, 2017, 06:12 PM
Also, what is the real value of a Val sword with S2 photon reduction on it? Couldn't someone just grind up a cheaper val that had that S2 on it, and transfer it to their sword, or no? Did I make a big mistake in selling it for ~70mil instead of something absurd like 200mil?

Or maybe it was actually worth... ~120mil since that would be the cost of grinding up a different weapon that had s2 photon reduction on it and putting it on the sword assuming you could do that?

milranduil
Dec 22, 2017, 06:26 PM
your first post is correct, yes.

s2 on sword would only be worth 90mil assuming they wanted the sword to use the sword (or its SAF), otherwise base s2 price.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 22, 2017, 06:56 PM
your first post is correct, yes.

s2 on sword would only be worth 90mil assuming they wanted the sword to use the sword (or its SAF), otherwise base s2 price.

Ah I think I misunderstood a rule;

If a weapon already has a random SSA affixed on it, you do not have to grind it to 35 to transfer it to something else, do you?

If that is the case, then I think I understand why the sword would actually be worth ~90mil.

Altiea
Dec 22, 2017, 07:02 PM
Ah I think I misunderstood a rule;

If a weapon already has a random SSA affixed on it, you do not have to grind it to 35 to transfer it to something else, do you?

If that is the case, then I think I understand why the sword would actually be worth ~90mil.

You do not, SSAs can be transferred by themselves.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 22, 2017, 07:04 PM
You do not, SSAs can be transferred by themselves.

Alright. That lesson cost me up to 20mil, but that's alright, thanks.

Zulastar
Dec 22, 2017, 07:35 PM
Alright. That lesson cost me up to 20mil, but that's alright, thanks.

You're lucky guy after all. And blessed with drop.
As for me - I've lost all my money in first place 'cause of tards who give us a lie about val droprates will be low as current 14*.
In second 'cause of no true info about S-abilities. It was about 150 mil.
And now I have no money at all, have no drops from dragon and can't upslot fodders even to 7s... I have no will to continue playng anymore. Just wanna drop.
SEGA's a fithy fucktards not givin' a chance to resell useless item bought for 40 mil by mistake... just to cruel.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 22, 2017, 07:55 PM
You're lucky guy after all. And blessed with drop.
As for me - I've lost all my money in first place 'cause of tards who give us a lie about val droprates will be low as current 14*.
In second 'cause of no true info about S-abilities. It was about 150 mil.
And now I have no money at all, have no drops from dragon and can't upslot fodders even to 7s... I have no will to continue playng anymore. Just wanna drop.
SEGA's a fithy fucktards not givin' a chance to resell useless item bought for 40 mil by mistake... just to cruel.

This luck with dragon drops is practically the only thing I was ever blessed with in PSO2 aside from the will to keep going. I'm no visophone master, and every affix session I had in recent memory doesn't go by without incident.

Doesn't cost you to keep trying. Our cubes and triboosts are pretty damn disposable. It's day 3, and prices are most likely to go down from here.Farm while the iron is hot.

It also helps that I pretty much resolved to only upgrading weapons at the end of the episode.

the_importer_
Dec 22, 2017, 11:56 PM
Wow so many questions regarding these.

1- The Val Rods are pretty expensive in the player shops, should I wait a bit for those to become more common and cheaper?
2- Looking at the S frames 1 to 3 on swiki, am I to assume that the first 2 abilities of each frame are for any weapons while the others are for the specific ones that I see?
3- Would I need to set frames 1 to 3 on a Val weapon before upgrading it to an Astral one or can these be affixed after?

SteveCZ
Dec 23, 2017, 01:10 AM
Wow so many questions regarding these...

1. I still think the price can still drop further. By the time people are finished doing their 14* rods, people would only aim for its SSA. 13* Rod's SSA is the same as the two others, which is Wand and Talis. Talis is the cheapest cause it drops more in total (by the record table). This will make the rod to be less in demand later, hence reduces the rod price.
2. If what you mean are the drop-only SSAs, yes, the drop-only SSA can be in any bal weapons.
3. I'm not sure what you're talking about setting frames, but as long as the weapon has the slots, you can always move it anywhere as long as it also has that slot. Add: Be careful that S4 is only available at 14*, so it might mess your affixes if you do affixing before that.

Terrence
Dec 23, 2017, 06:35 AM
Did anyone try the S4 短杖強打 (Increase Wand normal attack speed by 1.1) already ? I read on the JP Wiki it also reduced the hit stop by 100% so I was curious. I wanted to get information about the DB S4 too (in order to transfert it to another Atra) but I saw THIS (http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/i_measures_20171220_1/), so I think I will have to wait for this one.

Zephyrion
Dec 23, 2017, 08:40 AM
Did anyone try the S4 短杖強打 (Increase Wand normal attack speed by 1.1) already ? I read on the JP Wiki it also reduced the hit stop by 100% so I was curious. I wanted to get information about the DB S4 too (in order to transfert it to another Atra) but I saw THIS (http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/i_measures_20171220_1/), so I think I will have to wait for this one.

I tried and I wasn't really convinced
The difference is there but it's really faint as far as speed goes. Hitstop is already minimal so reduction is only felt about big packs, which generally die ina few swipes anyway. It's a-ok but there are other more significant S4 out there. Still probably the best wand but far too close to what Nemesis/Slave/Qliphad has to offer to my taste

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 23, 2017, 09:17 AM
I tried and I wasn't really convinced
The difference is there but it's really faint as far as speed goes. Hitstop is already minimal so reduction is only felt about big packs, which generally die ina few swipes anyway. It's a-ok but there are other more significant S4 out there. Still probably the best wand but far too close to what Nemesis/Slave/Qliphad has to offer to my taste

Form Scythe not relevant anymore?

the_importer_
Dec 23, 2017, 09:52 AM
1. I still think the price can still drop further. By the time people are finished doing their 14* rods, people would only aim for its SSA. 13* Rod's SSA is the same as the two others, which is Wand and Talis. Talis is the cheapest cause it drops more in total (by the record table). This will make the rod to be less in demand later, hence reduces the rod price.
2. If what you mean are the drop-only SSAs, yes, the drop-only SSA can be in any bal weapons.
3. I'm not sure what you're talking about setting frames, but as long as the weapon has the slots, you can always move it anywhere as long as it also has that slot. Add: Be careful that S4 is only available at 14*, so it might mess your affixes if you do affixing before that.

Ya, I guess I wasn't clear enough. Let me rephrase y last 2 questions into something a bit more simple, do I get to choose each of the 4 abilities during grinding or am I limited to follow this chart: https://tinyurl.com/y8wnb9rp

Moffen
Dec 23, 2017, 05:04 PM
If i get a T-atk weapon,upgrade it into an atra at +35,swap that atra into the Gs using goldnia then swap the gunslash into the tmg using goldest and obv stacks of saphard,thats easier than paying for the insane val gunslash price right?

I just want the hp steal oTL

Terrence
Dec 23, 2017, 05:29 PM
Nice idea, Moffen ! :eek: I hope somebody will test this soon. I will myself tomorrow if I find 5/6 M. Mesetas Val weapons. It would be cool. But would SEGA let us screw them this way ?

final_attack
Dec 23, 2017, 06:23 PM
If i get a T-atk weapon,upgrade it into an atra at +35,swap that atra into the Gs using goldnia then swap the gunslash into the tmg using goldest and obv stacks of saphard,thats easier than paying for the insane val gunslash price right?

I just want the hp steal oTL

Well, I if you only want the HP steal .....

Zephyrion
Dec 23, 2017, 06:23 PM
Form Scythe not relevant anymore?

nah it just slipped from my mind since I almost never play TE/HU. It's still very much a thing xD

Moffen
Dec 23, 2017, 06:54 PM
Yeah it worked,i slapped 2 cheap wands together,got the stone,exchanged the val wand for the atra wand then swapped the wand for the GS.
Only costed a fraction of what it was supposed to be.
I'll affix the GS as I would affix it if it was the TMG,then i'll convert it into the TMG.

Just wanted to throw the method out there for someone who wanted a much easier access upgraded val that was overly expensive due to its SSAF

Zephyrion
Dec 23, 2017, 07:47 PM
Nice idea, Moffen ! :eek: I hope somebody will test this soon. I will myself tomorrow if I find 5/6 M. Mesetas Val weapons. It would be cool. But would SEGA let us screw them this way ?

It works yeah, but big thing is you can't get Val +35 SAF from this (the +2% damage S1) It's still unique to GS, hence why it's so goddamn expensive

Zulastar
Dec 23, 2017, 07:48 PM
Well, I if you only want the HP steal .....

Why ppl so excited about that thing? It's so effective? There's no video how it works yet but imho much safer to tap uncharged megiverse and got immediately healed at full hp with one strike.

About Spear's S4 there's a question of it's effectiveness while max PP never goes past 155... so I wonder will JB's S4 work with Hero's sword?

final_attack
Dec 23, 2017, 08:07 PM
Why ppl so excited about that thing? It's so effective? There's no video how it works yet but imho much safer to tap uncharged megiverse and got immediately healed at full hp with one strike.

well, I think it's still depends on weapon type ..... for those with a bit lower damage but lots of hits (3k/hit for max heal) or good AoE, like Hr's Tmg or things like Hu's NovaStrike .... it'll recover a lot of HP quickly.

Or I guess, if you only took damage occasionally, having the S4 can also keep attacking without even stopping to cast non-charge Resta / Megiverse and still recover your HP.

I personally want it mainly for Gu tho. Having life steal means I can tank things (Some of Gu's important PAs kind of wind-up type(? 50% or more of it's damage is at the end of animation) ..... so, might need to tank things).
Mine's also low PP build, so, not having to cast recovery tech and just keep attacking is nice, I guess will run 110 PP should units like Izane with higher attack appears. Currently 123 from Qliph arm bonus only
Still waiting MaxGrind 34 Gunslash at 20m-ish

Moffen
Dec 23, 2017, 08:09 PM
It works yeah, but big thing is you can't get Val +35 SAF from this (the +2% damage S1) It's still unique to GS, hence why it's so goddamn expensive

Y̶o̶u̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶p̶,̶a̶f̶f̶i̶x̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶e̶l̶f̶,̶u̶p̶g̶r̶a̶d̶e̶,̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶1̶4̶*̶ ̶S̶A̶F̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶f̶f̶i̶x̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l̶,̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶y̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶1̶0̶0̶%̶ ̶d̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶o̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶w̶e̶a̶p̶o̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶k̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶S̶a̶d̶l̶y̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶2̶%̶ ̶d̶m̶g̶ ̶S̶A̶F̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶v̶a̶l̶ ̶w̶e̶p̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶I̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶d̶u̶m̶b̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶L̶O̶L̶.̶ ̶S̶i̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶e̶.̶

Edit: Didnt realise the 2% damage was also exclusive to the gunslash but id rather save a bunch of money than a very minor damage boost considering i'd have to swap out an attack affix of 30 or greater for it.
Either way im satisfied now,i thought it was a global val weapon SAF that boosted damage by 2% but its just GS

cheapgunner
Dec 25, 2017, 12:52 AM
I have to ask: Are SSAs only found on val weps in Crimson EQ right?

Altiea
Dec 25, 2017, 12:57 AM
I have to ask: Are SSAs only found on val weps in Crimson EQ right?

Currently, yes. SSAs can be found randomly affixed on Val weapons dropped in Dragon, or as SAFs. However, the New Year's LQ will have the upgraded Japanese-style 13* weapons as drops, which will also support SSAs.

Terrence
Dec 25, 2017, 04:43 PM
It works yeah, but big thing is you can't get Val +35 SAF from this (the +2% damage S1) It's still unique to GS, hence why it's so goddamn expensiveThanks for the information, Zeph.

I was excited about it for my Wand but as Final_Attack said, it depends on the weapon you plan to use. By the way, since I'm currently hesitating between Atra Sword and Atra Wand, which S4 SSA would you pick for a sword (HEro type) ? In order to max the damage, I wanted to take 変素応輪 (active element of weapon becomes that of the currently equipped "Guard" Skill Ring) once it's fixed. Do you think it's worth trying ?

Zephyrion
Dec 25, 2017, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the information, Zeph.

I was excited about it for my Wand but as Final_Attack said, it depends on the weapon you plan to use. By the way, since I'm currently hesitating between Atra Sword and Atra Wand, which S4 SSA would you pick for a sword (HEro type) ? In order to max the damage, I wanted to take 変素応輪 (active element of weapon becomes that of the currently equipped "Guard" Skill Ring) once it's fixed. Do you think it's worth trying ?

sadly, not really, since it will eat the slot that you use for P-Keeper Ring, and the 3% it gives is superior to the extra 20% from element matching ATK bonus alone.

Terrence
Dec 25, 2017, 05:21 PM
Really ? Thanks again for the explanation. Then maybe I will pick the HP steal for the sword (if I choose it over the Wand).

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 25, 2017, 05:24 PM
Really ? Thanks again for the explanation. Then maybe I will pick the HP steal for the sword (if I choose it over the Wand).

The gunslash is 40mil for a reason.

Actually, 2 reasons.

Terrence
Dec 25, 2017, 06:47 PM
First reason - Isn't it a bad one since we can bypass the direct purchase of those GS ?
Second reason - Would you mind explaining (or will you keep on speaking in riddles) ?

Flaoc
Dec 25, 2017, 07:48 PM
the 2nd reason will not let you bypass buying the gunslash.. its +35 saf is the S1 2% damage SSA

Zulastar
Dec 25, 2017, 08:20 PM
the 2nd reason will not let you bypass buying the gunslash.. its +35 saf is the S1 2% damage SSA

I saw them only +34 Cap on sale, so you'll definitely need another one unless you have +1 Grind Cap stored.

As for me with Atra sword aviable I'll make it into analog of 14* Astra (PP regen-specified). So I gave up on Gunsalsh S1 over 20% PP regen.
And now I have problem of choosing S4 too, finding useful 4 of them: Wired Lance (Extra Savior), Partisan (PP regen), Gunslash (HP stealing) and Jet Boots (120 second buffs).
About Jet Boots S4 there's no info at all about how it works with other weapons and Adrenalin ring. I'm don't use buffs in combat now 'cause of low duration time and lack of PP, but I think Jet Boots S4 give me aviability to use them somehow. Or I just need to forget this bullshit and choose HP regen like most people do... I dunno. Anyways I need one more fodder to 7s. Damn.

Moffen
Dec 25, 2017, 08:33 PM
Anyways I need one more fodder to 7s. Damn.

how hellishly awful is it getting fodders into 7s?
I know its gonna take a lot of cubes and 40%s but have you screamed at god and the rest of the world after you've failed yet? Need to do it myself and im honestly dreading it.

Zulastar
Dec 25, 2017, 08:41 PM
I know its gonna take a lot of cubes and 40%s but have you screamed at god and the rest of the world after you've failed yet? Need to do it myself and im honestly dreading it.

I really dunno. Upslot Val with only 1 S-Ability is a real hell so I just gave up after 8 tries and buy another one with proper slots already.
Today I've got real lucky and upslot Orbit just with one try. Seikaiser's next and I feel it won't be that easy so I'm gonna live in Solo PD...

Masu
Dec 25, 2017, 09:45 PM
On boost week (10%) it's totally doable otherwise you really have to rely on your sole luck.

I really dunno. Upslot Val with only 1 S-Ability is a real hell so I just gave up after 8 tries and buy another one with proper slots already.
Today I've got real lucky and upslot Orbit just with one try. Seikaiser's next and I feel it won't be that easy so I'm gonna live in Solo PD...

Yeah, I don't know why but when it comes to upslot stat VI SAF weaps, strangely it is an hell to do vs other weapons #suspiscious

Isn't there an affix boost week coming? At loading screen you see Dudu and a 1...which I guess is january 1st?. Got my Atra rod and did a (derp) 6s affix (because fuck dammit I know I should never affix when sleepy >:v ). So ima wait for it to go 7slots...maybe 8 if my balls are big enough around this time xD

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 25, 2017, 10:53 PM
First reason - Isn't it a bad one since we can bypass the direct purchase of those GS ?
Second reason - Would you mind explaining (or will you keep on speaking in riddles) ?

Val ars has an exclusive +2% damage boost as it's S1 through SAF.
The second reason is the HP steal S4 it gets when it's upgraded to Atra.

Luckily, the price has been dropping for days since I imagine trying to sell them in pairs isn't easy.

Zulastar
Dec 26, 2017, 02:57 AM
Isn't there an affix boost week coming? At loading screen you see Dudu and a 1...which I guess is january 1st?.

I don't know Japanese and never pay attention to loading screens banners unless there's a cute girl on it.
But yes, that's a good news.
Anyways there's just too long to wait and I can farm enough Excubes to some tries before it starts.

Well I prefer to follow the proverb: “It's better to regret what you have done than what you haven't.”

Masu
Dec 26, 2017, 03:08 AM
I don't know Japanese and never pay attention to loading screens banners unless there's a cute girl on it.
But yes, that's a good news.
Anyways there's just too long to wait and I can farm enough Excubes to some tries before it starts.

Well I prefer to follow the proverb: “It's better to regret what you have done than what you haven't.”

Which ones? The drawn.jpg or the shamelesly photoshooped?:-D

About not waiting for boost week I prefer that one "Better safe than sorry" :oops:

SteveCZ
Dec 26, 2017, 03:08 AM
Off topic

never pay attention to loading screens banners unless there's a cute girl on it.

How amazing the banners they can make, eh. 8-)

bankcute
Dec 26, 2017, 04:17 AM
at the moment, How I can find all name of S-Class Special Abilities in English compare to Japanese ?
such as S1 Will full steel strike , S4 Killing shot
I don't know this name in japanese

Altiea
Dec 26, 2017, 04:38 AM
at the moment, How I can find all name of S-Class Special Abilities in English compare to Japanese ?
such as S1 Will full steel strike , S4 Killing shot
I don't know this name in japanese

https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/S-Class_Special_Ability

This page has a list of the currently known SSAs, with most of their names in Japanese and in English. The list is still WIP (S4 abilities still aren't done yet), but give it a bit of time.

escarlata
Dec 26, 2017, 05:29 AM
Someone did a wand attack speed comparison
https://mobile.twitter.com/TiLLFRaN/status/943893922211815424

Madevil
Dec 26, 2017, 07:02 PM
https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/S-Class_Special_Ability

This page has a list of the currently known SSAs, with most of their names in Japanese and in English. The list is still WIP (S4 abilities still aren't done yet), but give it a bit of time.

is part of this list come from data mining?? because abilities like S2:剛乱活与 or S2:災転輝与 doesn't seems currently available?

wahahaha
Dec 26, 2017, 07:35 PM
is part of this list come from data mining?? because abilities like S2:剛乱活与 or S2:災転輝与 doesn't seems currently available?

Omega LQ series and possible dragon rematch sockets

Atmius
Dec 26, 2017, 09:16 PM
I'm still quite tempted to call bullshit on this s2: S2:剛乱活与 / S2:Sturdy Recovery / Restores HP equal to 1% of damage dealt. (Max: 300) - simply because it's 10x the s4 of the gunslash, and s4 is more 'restricted' than s2 is.

milranduil
Dec 26, 2017, 09:32 PM
I'm still quite tempted to call bullshit on this s2: S2:剛乱活与 / S2:Sturdy Recovery / Restores HP equal to 1% of damage dealt. (Max: 300) - simply because it's 10x the s4 of the gunslash, and s4 is more 'restricted' than s2 is.

probably a typo in the data that will be corrected once it's actually released.

Atmius
Dec 26, 2017, 10:18 PM
Seems like the most likely result, because if it isn't, that's completely absurd tier and this is where sega would go "sorry that affects game balance we're changing/nerfing/removing it because everybody is using it and nobody is ever dying".

Altiea
Dec 27, 2017, 12:57 AM
Well, they finally figured out what "PP efficiency" means on S4:輝器応変. As previously stated, the formula for calculating the effect of the SSA is (Base PP - 120) * 0.1 = x%, where x is the percent total of the effect of the SSA; so if you have 200 PP, the SSA's effect is 8%. However, when they mean PP efficiency, they mean PP recovery and cost reduction; the SSA boosts the effects of active/passive PP regen and reduces the cost of PAs/Techs. So having 200 PP gives you +8% Active/Passive PP Regen and -8% PP cost reduction.

final_attack
Dec 27, 2017, 03:30 AM
Well, they finally figured out what "PP efficiency" means on S4:輝器応変. As previously stated, the formula for calculating the effect of the SSA is (Base PP - 120) * 0.1 = x%, where x is the percent total of the effect of the SSA; so if you have 200 PP, the SSA's effect is 8%. However, when they mean PP efficiency, they mean PP recovery and cost reduction; the SSA boosts the effects of active/passive PP regen and reduces the cost of PAs/Techs. So having 200 PP gives you +8% Active/Passive PP Regen and -8% PP cost reduction.

Just asking .... does it mention negative value? I meant, it's " Base - 120 " ..... so, less than 120 will get negative? ._.

Altiea
Dec 27, 2017, 03:32 AM
Just asking .... does it mention negative value? I meant, it's " Base - 120 " ..... so, less than 120 will get negative? ._.

I'm pretty sure it should bottom out at 0. Why would they design an SSA that negatively impacts you?

Masu
Dec 27, 2017, 03:39 AM
I just want confirmation. The Launcher/TMG/Rifle S1:光子縮減 Reduce PP consumption by 7%. is granted once +35 right?

Altiea
Dec 27, 2017, 03:43 AM
I just want confirmation. The Launcher/TMG/Rifle S1:光子縮減 Reduce PP consumption by 7%. is granted once +35 right?

It's the SAF. Once the weapon is at +35, you need to affix the SSA to the weapon.

final_attack
Dec 27, 2017, 03:46 AM
I'm pretty sure it should bottom out at 0. Why would they design an SSA that negatively impacts you?

Well, along the lines of "pick another if your PP is ~120" .... haha ^^;

Masu
Dec 27, 2017, 03:50 AM
It's the SAF. Once the weapon is at +35, you need to affix the SSA to the weapon.

Dang am sorry I'm kinda hijacking the topic but it work like SAF right? Which means I can add it to my Atra (which don't have an S1 affixed on it right now)?
I just want to be really sure before throwing money :o

Edit:

Yup, works exactly like every other SAF, except it isn't affected by upslot.
Ok, thanks a lot :>

Altiea
Dec 27, 2017, 03:51 AM
Dang am sorry I'm kinda hijacking the topic but it work like SAF right? Which means I can add it to my Atra (which don't have an S1 affixed on it right now)?

Yup, works exactly like every other SAF, except it isn't affected by upslot.

Madevil
Dec 27, 2017, 05:24 AM

because of un-careful design might happen
back in July in another mobile game, which released a new weapon equipment that can deduct enemy damage dealt on your character, but there was another existing armor had similar ability, and combined those 2 resulted into a negative value, so the mob hits actually heal you character... of course they fixed it after a short period

TakemiShinnosuke
Dec 27, 2017, 08:57 AM
I just got the new 14* with S rank abilities blank... how else can I insert one in??

Read the above the but still confused

Can anyone explain ?? isit the same as the regular affix style where if I have 8 slots i also need another 8 slots to insert it?? or is there a new rule... confused

[spoiler-box]https://i.imgur.com/bdo1uBo.png[/spoiler-box]

Zulastar
Dec 27, 2017, 09:26 AM
I just got the new 14* with S rank abilities blank... how else can I insert one in??
There's 2 types of new S-Abilities: special factor only and random drop. First ones aviable only when you +35 certain Val weapon it ability belongs. Second can be on any Val and can be freely bought from player store, there's no need to +35 weapon with them only transfer if number of slots allow it. S4 is only on Atra and if you want any other one you'll need do some exchanges trough Jig.
You can set 1 ability of each type so choose and go ahead.

UPD: Bought S3 妙撃の志 (4% crit dmg) just for 2 mils. Only Gunslash price stop me from going full mult build now.

TakemiShinnosuke
Dec 27, 2017, 09:36 AM
There's 2 types of new S-Abilities: special factor only and random drop. First ones aviable only when you +35 certain Val weapon it ability belongs. Second can be on any Val and can be freely bought from player store, there's no need to +35 weapon with them only transfer if number of slots allow it. S4 is only on Atra and if you want any other one you'll need do some exchanges trough Jig.
You can set 1 ability of each type so choose and go ahead.

with what you are saying I gather the following.

Find a weapon in player shop with an existing S ability or +35 the weapon my self to unlock the S ability.

regardless of slots I can just slot it in right?? so 14* is now an 8slot. I can find or buy another say 4 slot for example with the S ability and still equip it on.. thus saying that S abilties does not follow the normal affixing rule..

Am I right ??

Zulastar
Dec 27, 2017, 09:48 AM
Find a weapon in player shop with an existing S ability or +35 the weapon my self to unlock the S ability.
Right. http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?S級特殊能力 you can see specified weapon types with S-abilities.

so 14* is now an 8slot. I can find or buy another say 4 slot for example with the S ability and still equip it on.
Nope. You'll need 8 slot fodders only.

S abilties does not follow the normal affixing rule..
They only goes 100% transfer when you upslot. I saw yours 14* is a TMG and it's S4 doesn't fit for a Hero class. So you'll need to choose S4 you want from list. Get Atra with it. Affix it with S4 and others. Change it back to TMG. Or just give it up and go without S4 'cause it takes just too much money for 1 (if you'll just retrieve stone) or 2 (if you'll change your Atra to Gunglash first) more stacks Gold and Saphard.

TakemiShinnosuke
Dec 27, 2017, 09:54 AM
Still do not get it

Nope. You'll need 8 slot fodders only. <--- so if I do this and and affix the Super ability on a 8 slot

will it become a 1s or will it become 8s +1 super

Zulastar
Dec 27, 2017, 09:56 AM
Still do not get it

Nope. You'll need 8 slot fodders only. <--- so if I do this and and affix the Super ability on a 8 slot

will it become a 1s or will it become 8s +1 super

Still 8s. Any S-Ability takes 1 common slot.

TakemiShinnosuke
Dec 27, 2017, 09:57 AM
so meaning adding a super will not affect the regular yeah 8s then... and it will add a 1 super.. thats neat.. thanks
( I hope I am right lol )

Zulastar
Dec 27, 2017, 10:10 AM
https://i.imgur.com/WR1ScpL.jpg
This is blank sword I'm using now. After final affixing it will be 7s:
S4 奪命の撃
S3 Radiating Grace
S2 迅弓の撃
S1 Radiating Grace
Phrase restore
Noble Power
Power VI

TakemiShinnosuke
Dec 27, 2017, 10:31 AM
so you have to give up a few slots lol... so what gives add Super's but remove common's... WHAT?

and what if the commons give as much as +100 atk .. so it may reduce to 50 because slots are taken up by Super's -_-

Zulastar
Dec 27, 2017, 10:43 AM
so you have to give up a few slots lol... so what gives add Super's but remove common's... WHAT?

and what if the commons give as much as +100 atk .. so it may reduce to 50 because slots are taken up by Super's -_-

Top S-abilities build gives +2% Dmg (S1 Gunslash Pot so most expensive part 'cause of their prices) and +4% crit dmg (Random S3 about 20-30 mil unless you can snatch it from a nub). You can add Phrase weak to it (+2% elemental weakness dmg). So these 50-100 atk is nothing.

Masu
Dec 27, 2017, 10:49 AM

While classic affixing is mostely tied to a single weapon, you have to keep in mind those S abilities will be still useful for upcoming weapons as they will be effortlesly transferable.

TakemiShinnosuke
Dec 28, 2017, 07:59 AM
Eh quick question on uplslotting.

classic affixing upsoltting brings your percent down but this is regular.. but what if you upslot with an S abiltiy??

Aexorcet
Dec 28, 2017, 08:06 AM
Eh quick question on uplslotting.

classic affixing upsoltting brings your percent down but this is regular.. but what if you upslot with an S abiltiy??

From what I know, S ability is always 100%, even when upslotting. With 4 S abilities, your chance to successfully go from 7 to 8 on a given attempt is about 40% (with boosters and boost week) compared to 16% with only old abilities. This sort of offsets the issue of competing for slots since if you use S abilities, upslotting is easier.

TakemiShinnosuke
Dec 28, 2017, 08:54 AM
From what I know, S ability is always 100%, even when upslotting. With 4 S abilities, your chance to successfully go from 7 to 8 on a given attempt is about 40% (with boosters and boost week) compared to 16% with only old abilities. This sort of offsets the issue of competing for slots since if you use S abilities, upslotting is easier.

So with this note, if I appraise my item using the question mark and out comes an S ability I might be lucky because its now part of the RNG roll now right

GoldenFalcon
Dec 28, 2017, 04:05 PM
So with this note, if I appraise my item using the question mark and out comes an S ability I might be lucky because its now part of the RNG roll now right

"I might be lucky"
Yes?

There's no such thing as being 'part of the RNG roll', I don't know what you think makes it different than it dropping identified with the S-ability

morkie
Dec 29, 2017, 08:52 AM
guys, if you have both S3 abilities, can be choose one of S3 or can be both select S3 for affix?

SteveCZ
Dec 29, 2017, 08:56 AM
guys, if you have both S3 abilities, can be choose one of S3 or can be both select S3 for affix?

Only one.

morkie
Dec 29, 2017, 09:48 AM
ahh okies

Aexorcet
Dec 29, 2017, 11:15 AM

I haven't messed with them yet, but as far as I know if you appraise and get an S ability you'll be able to keep it with 100% chance whenever you affix the weapon, even when upslotting.

TakemiShinnosuke
Dec 30, 2017, 10:06 AM
I haven't messed with them yet, but as far as I know if you appraise and get an S ability you'll be able to keep it with 100% chance whenever you affix the weapon, even when upslotting.

Great news... I have tried the S3 20% pp on recovery on attack for tmg as a hero. So far I cannot seem to find or notice any thing on the PP recovery.

Any news that certain S ability do not work for or with Hero in general??

Kondibon
Dec 30, 2017, 10:20 AM
Great news... I have tried the S3 20% pp on recovery on attack for tmg as a hero. So far I cannot seem to find or notice any thing on the PP recovery.
That's because it's a 20% increase to the attack pp recovery... TMGs don't recover pp from normal attacks as a hero.

Lyrise
Dec 30, 2017, 10:22 AM
PP recovery on attack doesn't work for TMG on hero, as heroes have 0 PP recovery on TMG attack (+20% on 0 is still 0). Basically you've just made a TMG that works fine on a gunner, but not for a hero. For hero you want natural PP regeneration abilities.

TakemiShinnosuke
Dec 30, 2017, 10:29 AM
PP recovery on attack doesn't work for TMG on hero, as heroes have 0 PP recovery on TMG attack (+20% on 0 is still 0). Basically you've just made a TMG that works fine on a gunner, but not for a hero. For hero you want natural PP regeneration abilities.

oh... damm lol... stupid me then...
but wait isit not that just reload is better than trying to upgarde natural pp recover as from the hero skill tree passive its not more than 5 or was it 10 ??

Altiea
Dec 30, 2017, 10:38 AM
oh... damm lol... stupid me then...
but wait isit not that just reload is better than trying to upgarde natural pp recover as from the hero skill tree passive its not more than 5 or was it 10 ??

Reload/Just Reload is affected by changes to natural PP regeneration. It has nothing to do with attacking.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 6, 2018, 03:17 AM
how do I get the 14* Gunsalash S4 when I have the 14* TMG equipped??

Altiea
Jan 6, 2018, 03:21 AM
how do I get the 14* Gunsalash S4 when I have the 14* TMG equipped??

Turn the TMGs into a Gunslash via Zieg's Change Atra Weapon Category, affix the SAF, then turn them back into TMGs.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 6, 2018, 05:04 AM
Thank you very much Altiea.. it works..

AirinMikune
Jan 6, 2018, 08:29 AM
I am on the last part of making my Atra (my +32 Fornis Sword is long due for an upgrade)

I am thinking building around spamming vapor bullets non stop, it cost 20 pp and you can follow it up with a weapon action to recover 10 pp making it cost 10 pp per rotation for a good chunk of damage.

S1 Radiating Grace - PP Regen 20%
S2 PP Recover when Attack 17%
S3 PP Recover when Attack 20%
S4 ??
Phase Response 5% PP recover when attack

So my question is, does those PP recover when attack stack on itself? Additive or muliplicative?

How about the S4 Slot? Should I go with GS life steal or Partizan PP recovery? (I have around 220 PP)

Inputs is really appreciated as I have everything lined up and just needs to decide on S4

LancerFate
Jan 7, 2018, 12:58 AM
I am on the last part of making my Atra (my +32 Fornis Sword is long due for an upgrade)

I am thinking building around spamming vapor bullets non stop, it cost 20 pp and you can follow it up with a weapon action to recover 10 pp making it cost 10 pp per rotation for a good chunk of damage.

S4 ??
Phase Response 5% PP recover when attack

So my question is, does those PP recover when attack stack on itself? Additive or muliplicative?

How about the S4 Slot? Should I go with GS life steal or Partizan PP recovery? (I have around 220 PP)

Inputs is really appreciated as I have everything lined up and just needs to decide on S4

The same kind of effect is calculated by multiplication, S1 PPR i think useless for Hero, go with GS yeah SAF S1 2% dmg and SAF S4 life steal, but this way you should get Val GS +35 affix SAF S1 2% dmg on it, change to Atra GS make final affix with SAF S4 and after switch to sword.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 7, 2018, 11:02 AM

If you're vapor spamming, your natural regen isn't happening.
If you're using your weapon action, natural regen isn't happening.

Sword PP recovery on attack is garbage. This is maybe 1PP extra per hit. Maybe 2 assuming this even works on sword's second stage weapon action

See above. Get 4% bonus crit damage instead. It makes weak point crit skill even better.

S4 ??

Lifesteal.

Honestly, building around this gimmick seems silly. It's good when getting close isn't a good idea, but otherwise, why don't you just vapor->vapor->3rd normal, and follow with weapon action, effectively covering the cost of every other vapor like you wanted while doing better dps?

Sandmind
Jan 10, 2018, 07:12 AM
Looking right now on Swiki with google translate, we got a list of the new SSA from the LQ.

S1:輝充の志
S1: Shimizu's desire
When the PP is 40% or more, the applied damage increases by 3%.

S2:剛乱活与
S2: Sturdy activation
Absorbs 1% of applied damage as a HP with constant probability. (Upper limit 300)

S3:剛撃の志
S3: ambition of ambush
Increased damage increased by 2%.

The 2nd new S3 drop from the LQ's Trigger version only
S3:活実の志
S3: Aspiration of Activity
When HP is over 80%, the damage damage increases by 3%.

From the wording, the new S2 lifesteal is a random proc. All in all, I'm not surprised most of those are damage increase (heck, GS should start dropping in value now), Sega know how to play their playerbase with carrot and stick at this point. :wacko: As a FO main myself, I think I will stick with dual pp regen SSA on my rod for now and see how this stuff evolve.

echofaith
Jan 10, 2018, 08:08 AM
Small boosts, so I guess I will wait a few more months before upgrading my gear. Unless these drops super often and are very cheap, but I doubt thats the case.

GreenArcher
Jan 10, 2018, 08:51 AM
To expand on what Sandmind posted: these are the new SSA available in the LQ

S1:輝充の志
S1: Shimizu's desire
When the PP is 40% or more, the applied damage increases by 3%.

S2:剛乱活与
S2: Sturdy activation
Absorbs 1% of applied damage as a HP with constant probability. (Upper limit 300)

S3:剛撃の志
S3: ambition of ambush
Increased damage increased by 2%.

And then these are the new SSA available only in the trigger version

S1: Increased damage increased by 4% and damage was also increased by 8%. (do 4% more damage, receive 8% more damage from enemies)
S2: When you receive damage 15% of PP is recovered.
S3: When HP is over 80%, the damage damage increases by 3%.

So with the new trigger version S1 and S3 we can get 17% damage boost on val/atra weapons. Or 16% if you don't want to take 8% increased damage from enemies. Neat.

GoldenFalcon
Jan 10, 2018, 09:38 AM
The hp steal S2 with Atra Rifle's S4 is looking good now

echofaith
Jan 10, 2018, 09:58 AM
Apparently Val drop from LQ too. I wonder if the new line is also tradeable. I may consider making a cheap SSA weapon if thats the case.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 10, 2018, 10:39 AM
I really just want a copy of nemesis NT shielding potential, or a hero boost speed up from the demonia weapons as an S ability.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 10, 2018, 11:58 AM
1. eh was looking the swiki and was wondering is this correct ?? if it is I will go and get the materials for the switch

and given the updated list.. i assume more are coming ??

[spoiler-box]https://i.imgur.com/le1dZnv.png[/spoiler-box]

Sandmind
Jan 10, 2018, 01:10 PM
1. eh was looking the swiki and was wondering is this correct ?? if it is I will go and get the materials for the switch

and given the updated list.. i assume more are coming ??

[spoiler-box]https://i.imgur.com/le1dZnv.png[/spoiler-box]

I had to double check, but this is the SAF for those 3 val weapon, same as when the EQ 1st released. If you're asking about the SAF for the newest 13* serie, then they are listed as StatV for those I checked.

Madevil
Jan 10, 2018, 09:37 PM
S2:剛乱活与 behaves more like 弧月蝕, which is proc by a very low chance, so it works better with multiple hits PAs
but this kind of PAs don't do much damage per hit, with 1% leeching hardly meet the 300hp limit

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 11, 2018, 12:12 AM
S2:剛乱活与 behaves more like 弧月蝕, which is proc by a very low chance, so it works better with multiple hits PAs
but this kind of PAs don't do much damage per hit, with 1% leeching hardly meet the 300hp limit

So it's as shit as I assumed it was.

Typical vapor bullet would be ~10k a hit 6 times.

If it triggers once, that is ~100hp healed. Twice is ~200hp healed.

Compare that to the S4 from atra gunslash, you get 30 x 6 every time for a total of 180hp.

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 20, 2018, 05:26 AM
Eh Hero's tails would be recover PP on attack right ??

Asellus
Jan 20, 2018, 11:13 AM
So many brave souls will affix for double-edge sword, so many brave souls will get wiped by Atrum. Rest in peace brave souls, rest in peace.

wahahaha
Jan 20, 2018, 12:21 PM
So many brave souls will affix for double-edge sword, so many brave souls will get wiped by Atrum. Rest in peace brave souls, rest in peace.

So many brave souls will use automate, so many brave souls will iron will atrum. Long live brave souls, long live

Eh Hero's tails would be recover PP on attack right ??

Yes

Moffen
Jan 20, 2018, 03:08 PM

either something double ticks me for 700 atk or it double ticks me for 756
Either way i will likely die :^T

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 20, 2018, 04:09 PM
So many brave souls will use automate, so many brave souls will iron will atrum. Long live brave souls, long live

I'm just avoiding that one because I don't feel like making Hero boost any easier to lose.

wahahaha
Jan 20, 2018, 04:42 PM
I'm just avoiding that one because I don't feel like making Hero boost any easier to lose.

You would need to spend for sure extra points on flash guard for hero in order to negate the effects

GHNeko
Jan 20, 2018, 07:08 PM
or you can just not get hit by JGing and stepping everything :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

edit: just in case you think im actually being serious here are more wackos :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

TakemiShinnosuke
Jan 27, 2018, 10:44 PM
does anyone lnows how this works.. can someone explain please

S4: 摂理洗練 --- エレメントコンバージョンが強化される。

So this works like the bouncer's elemental change??

So if I add this to any other weapon the TMG.. any effect ??

Altiea
Jan 28, 2018, 02:36 AM
does anyone lnows how this works.. can someone explain please

S4: 摂理洗練 --- エレメントコンバージョンが強化される。

So this works like the bouncer's elemental change??

So if I add this to any other weapon the TMG.. any effect ??

It absolutely does not work with TMGs. The effect is for Force's Element Conversion Skill; the SSA's effect boosts the potency of off-element conversion to 50%.

Altrius Véurr
Jan 29, 2018, 08:42 AM
Does anyone know hows S2: Sturdy Recovery work? I get that it's up to 300HP (1% of damage), but is it something similar to Vampiric Blade, or does it have intervals between each hit? Is the 60% recovery at 40 seconds interval a better option?

My intention is to make a Val Weiss (I like Hero Will, and I intend for it to be used for all-classes and the current S4s are either class-specific or totally redundant) and switch it over to sword after I atra'ed and affixed it.

S1: 20% PP recovery (natural)
S2: Sturdy Recovery or Flowing Exhilaration
S3: 20% attack PP recovery
S4: Hero Will (not sure what the name is).

S5: Sentence Arma or Power IV (or Power VI, from Nox and Seikaiser respectively)
S6: Astral Soul (maybe, maybe not, can't seem to find the motivation to keep grinding this days)

That's my plan basically, I plan for a 6s Atra (since my blood and wallet is too thin for a 7s...well, mostly because I don't feel like affixing SSA fodders to 7s in order to change my SSAs when new SSAs appears).

Madevil
Jan 29, 2018, 09:24 AM
Does anyone know hows S2: Sturdy Recovery work? I get that it's up to 300HP (1% of damage), but is it something similar to Vampiric Blade, or does it have intervals between each hit? Is the 60% recovery at 40 seconds interval a better option?

My intention is to make a Val Weiss (I like Hero Will, and I intend for it to be used for all-classes and the current S4s are either class-specific or totally redundant) and switch it over to sword after I atra'ed and affixed it.

S5: Sentence Arma or Power IV (or Power VI, from Nox and Seikaiser respectively)
S6: Astral Soul (maybe, maybe not, can't seem to find the motivation to keep grinding this days)

That's my plan basically, I plan for a 6s Atra (since my blood and wallet is too thin for a 7s...well, mostly because I don't feel like affixing SSA fodders to 7s in order to change my SSAs when new SSAs appears).

it's similar to "crescent moon", only proc on very low chance... and that's why the price in AH so cheap
if you're looking for HP leeching, use the S4 from Gunslash

Altrius Véurr
Jan 29, 2018, 10:24 AM
it's similar to "crescent moon", only proc on very low chance... and that's why the price in AH so cheap
if you're looking for HP leeching, use the S4 from Gunslash

Right then, thanks! I suppose I should look into better S2s as well, or just keep to Flowing Exhilaration...the prices are pretty steep now and I just spammed 3 mil on a Light Val Ars...and I still need another one.

Altiea
Feb 20, 2018, 11:49 PM
2/21 SSA Update:

-- S1:瞬連の志 (S1:Immediate Intent): Gain a damage boost when performing multiple JAs in succession (3% max) (Compare to Fury S Combo)
-- S1:滅域輝与 (S1:Brilliant Ruin): Recover X PP when an enemy dies near you (Compare to Killing Bonus/Evleda)
-- S2:時流の恵 (S2:Flowing Grace): Recover 10 PP every 4 seconds (Compare to Dual Bird)

wefwq
Feb 21, 2018, 12:05 AM

I tried sturdy recovery before, it's prox rate is very low.
You may sweep entire wave of enemies and still didn't get any heal out of it, it's worthless and waste of slot.

Silent_Flower
Feb 21, 2018, 12:46 AM
This is the reason I didn't affix my Atra... New S-Class keeps on coming every month and it contains an affix that I think is better than the one I would have chosen...

ralf542
Feb 21, 2018, 04:12 AM
2/21 SSA Update:

-- S1:瞬連の志 (S1:Immediate Intent): Gain a damage boost when performing multiple JAs in succession (3% max) (Compare to Fury S Combo)
Do you need to JA multiple times for the 3%(like 0.5% or 1%/JA)?

GHNeko
Feb 21, 2018, 04:42 AM
Do you need to JA multiple times for the 3%(like 0.5% or 1%/JA)?

Probably 1% per JA.

kurokyosuke
Feb 27, 2018, 01:21 PM
The S3 ability that boosts damage when HP is above 80%... does that work the same as Perfect Keeper where if you activate PP Convert, it counts 80% of your reduced max HP instead of your actual max?

pika2525
Feb 28, 2018, 11:58 PM
The S3 ability that boosts damage when HP is above 80%... does that work the same as Perfect Keeper where if you activate PP Convert, it counts 80% of your reduced max HP instead of your actual max?

Generally speaking, yes, that's how those work. Anything that requires you to be above X% HP (Perfect Keeper, several potentials e.g. Elysion's hidden pot and the Daggers of Serafi-NT's pot) will scale down with Limit Break and PPC, while anything that requires you to be below X% HP (Slayers etc) will not.