PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Castle Crusher (impressions)

ArcaneTechs
Dec 20, 2017, 05:36 AM
what did you guys think of it? very basic straightforward, they could have done a whole lot more with this but i didnt find it amazing really. 7/10.maybe a few more runs of this will change my mind.

Gaylar
Dec 20, 2017, 05:40 AM
my only thoughts:

proper sword and shield class when

doomdragon83
Dec 20, 2017, 05:43 AM
Long fight was long, people die when they compete for swords, boss gets kinda obnoxious towards the end. At least he isn't spamming stun like no tomorrow so that's good. Only 1 clear allowed, I need more runs to understand how to get better.

Kintama
Dec 20, 2017, 05:53 AM
The boss fights back, which is a good thing, now if it could mpa wipe it would be amazing...

Masu
Dec 20, 2017, 06:01 AM
One word: Boring

Altiea
Dec 20, 2017, 06:05 AM
It's kinda... heavily reliant on the Laconium Sword? You're basically doing nothing if you don't have a Laconium Sword until a weak point opens. Not that that's that bad, since the Sword is pretty fun to mess around with, but anyone who doesn't have it spends the fight just doing chip damage and waiting for the people with the Swords to do their thing.

The finale where everyone gets Swords is pretty nifty, though.

loafhero
Dec 20, 2017, 06:07 AM
Only done the first one but one thing I love most about the new raid is that there aren't any awkward loading screen transitions like EP4's raids.

Boss is ridiculously tanky and its aggression and attacks remind me a lot of Falke Leone and Vlima Leopard which made for a surprisingly challenging fight. Unless I was doing something wrong, I do find that the fight drags on a little too long. The blue weakspots took a while to spawn.

Xaelouse
Dec 20, 2017, 06:12 AM
It's a decent boss. I feel that he's too passive at the phase before turrets and his flashiest attacks aren't threatening at all.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 20, 2017, 06:32 AM
It's kinda... heavily reliant on the Laconium Sword? You're basically doing nothing if you don't have a Laconium Sword until a weak point opens. Not that that's that bad, since the Sword is pretty fun to mess around with, but anyone who doesn't have it spends the fight just doing chip damage and waiting for the people with the Swords to do their thing.

The finale where everyone gets Swords is pretty nifty, though.

The breakables take reduced damage from everything. Alisa's sword just lets you hound the weak points much easier.

Hr pew pew palm blast is very serviceable.

In a way, it's like Alisa's sword is there for the crazy people that aren't playing Hr...

Vatallus
Dec 20, 2017, 06:40 AM
The charge PA on Alisa's sword is actually needed to break the weakpoints open. Fully charge the sword PA, smack a glowing weakpoint and instantly break it open so everyone else can start doing damage.

Short version is if you get 3 people on a sword that have no clue what they are doing, you're going to have a very long fight.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 20, 2017, 06:50 AM
The charge PA on Alisa's sword is actually needed to break the weakpoints open. Fully charge the sword PA, smack a glowing weakpoint and instantly break it open so everyone else can start doing damage.

Short version is if you get 3 people on a sword that have no clue what they are doing, you're going to have a very long fight.

No wai!

ralf542
Dec 20, 2017, 06:59 AM
TFW you guard with RB and PA with Y for 2-3 years and Knight mode is Y = Guard, RB = PA.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 20, 2017, 07:18 AM
I haven't played Br in such a long time i keep forgetting I have a guard with Alisa's sword. It's sort of funny.

doomdragon83
Dec 20, 2017, 07:23 AM
Things went much smoother now that people got a run under their belt. 15 minutes this time, hopefully that can get pushed down to like 10 or less.

AlphaBlob
Dec 20, 2017, 07:29 AM
Second run did a lot better, still feels like you're fighting the camera the entire time though

SteveCZ
Dec 20, 2017, 07:32 AM
I like the sword and shield. I like the ending music.

As for the battle I feel like fighting those castles, it's just this one doesn't stuck at one point.

millefeuille
Dec 20, 2017, 07:39 AM
Had a rare instance where the very first run of an EQ was a few minutes faster than the second run.

Probably more clueless people that time than the former. :(

loafhero
Dec 20, 2017, 08:02 AM

Derp lol. I didn't know it was chargeable. Good to know.

Ryna
Dec 20, 2017, 10:02 AM
The fight doesn't seem to be too hard. There were a few times where the Dragon was annoying with its constant repositioning.

It seems like there is going to be a lot of luck involved in getting enough of the correct Val series drops for the trade-in.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 20, 2017, 10:04 AM
The fight doesn't seem to be too hard. There were a few times where the Dragon was annoying with its constant repositioning.

It seems like there is going to be a lot of luck involved in getting enough of the correct Val series drops for the trade-in.

I just want the drops for munny right now.

Aside from rending scales, Hrs with swords > Plot sword. Nerf us all to the ground, SEGA.

Neith
Dec 20, 2017, 10:05 AM
Only done it once but it seemed pretty simple. Fairly obvious tells for many of its attacks. The fire breath can be nasty but he doesn't seem that threatening overall. The 'Mega Flare' he does is a joke and is really easy to prevent.

The final part where it sets the castle on fire is pretty interesting but again it never really feels like much of a threat. The Laconium sword is an interesting part of the quest but I generally let other people use it until the end (where everyone gets one).

Pretty cool fight overall but as with most of the raid bosses it's easy.

SteveCZ
Dec 20, 2017, 10:07 AM
I just want the drops for munny right now.

I guess I'll take the same path.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 20, 2017, 10:25 AM

see i tried this full charge attack on the Orange wp's and even non wp limbs, it never changed blue so i dont understand this outside doing 200k per full charge. i just spammed sword hits and charges when i could so i dont know what i was doing wrong or what, it felt like the Blue aura on parts came on its own idk

also managed 3 Dragon runs, gonna be fun time alright

isCasted
Dec 20, 2017, 10:35 AM
Camera issues absolutely ruin this EQ for me. It could have been a great fight, but they had to make the dragon so huge that camera spazzes out every second at the later phases. All attacks are well-telegraphed, but it doesn't matter, because you can't see shit anyway.

escarlata
Dec 20, 2017, 10:40 AM
see i tried this full charge attack on the Orange wp's and even non wp limbs, it never changed blue so i dont understand this outside doing 200k per full charge. i just spammed sword hits and charges when i could so i dont know what i was doing wrong or what, it felt like the Blue aura on parts came on its own idk

also managed 3 Dragon runs, gonna be fun time alright

You are supposed to smack the blue parts with that to make it orange.

the_importer_
Dec 20, 2017, 10:49 AM
Only one thing matters when it comes to EQ: Time+Effort Vs Cube drops. For a 1 run PITA EQ, I expect 30 to 40 Cubes.

Zulastar
Dec 20, 2017, 10:55 AM
gonna be fun time alright
My first impressions:
1 Filthy trash. It doesn't need here. Wanna just skip.
2 Wow. Something new after static shit-bosses with one spot to attack.
3 Too easy to dodge attacks even with my lags. Only in first run I've lost Hero Will, in second one even while half of mpa was dead it was untoched.
4 Pew-pew pause.
5 Relaxed people awaits a bit of hardcore. Noobs will be victims here.
6 Drop. Already? Wanna one more run...

First my run was almost ideal, just a few accidental mpa death doesn't count. But second one got too much noobs and second part got twice longer 'cause of half mpa was permanently dead. I HATE NOOBS. I wish expert requirements will get harder soon.

FantasyHeaven
Dec 20, 2017, 11:28 AM
Same as with the previous movie probably won't even do it cause what's the point
I hope everyone's happy with this because it's all there is going to be for the next half year.

NightlightPro
Dec 20, 2017, 01:19 PM
too short, no fun, need at least 2 tries in my opinion
or change to 1/8 mpa maybe? or a buff?
idk

GoldenFalcon
Dec 20, 2017, 01:32 PM
I just want to know the latents on the drop 14*'s

Moffen
Dec 20, 2017, 03:59 PM
I just want to know the latents on the drop 14*'s

Just a flat 10% damage boost with whatever super special abilities you wanna throw on the thing.

GoldenFalcon
Dec 20, 2017, 05:43 PM
Just a flat 10% damage boost with whatever super special abilities you wanna throw on the thing.

No I mean the ones that drop as 14*, not the Val series

ArcaneTechs
Dec 20, 2017, 05:45 PM
Starting to get around 7mins per run, its just idk for a Raid that celebrates PSO's 30th Anniversary today, this felt like it didnt do it any justice. It's rushed, it lacks uniqueness, it's literally "too fast". I would rather they do a Raid that can take idk 20mins but keep you on your feet and entertained rather than just another "lets get it over with" kind of thing.

I cant even word how i properly feel about the Raid, its stuck as a 7/10 for me, could have done so much more

You are supposed to smack the blue parts with that to make it orange.
ya i did that instead on my other runs, I didnt watch the streams or anything, went in blind as usual to try and enjoy this more.

Hysteria1987
Dec 20, 2017, 05:52 PM
Full disclosure - only done the one run so far, in fact it was the very first run so absolutely nobody knew what they were doing. Took maybe 20-25 mins.

With that said... can't say I enjoyed it. He spent an awful lot of time flapping around out of range of everything except the cannons when compared to being down on the ground and fightable. It kind of also feels like you need to be hero for this - I did this as FO, which is notoriously slow, meaning I didn't get a chance to play with the laconium sword when it was worth having one (I got one when he was flying! Couldn't do a thing with it though). The way that dragon moves, it was somewhat difficult at times to land a solid blow.

It also means for a good chunk of the EQ I'd get set up, which can be a bit slow as FO (aka throw my Talis to a good spot before charging a tech), then have to dodge a falling meteor, then get set up again, dodge another one, get set up, dodge twice because he's using a giant one now, etc. Hero might be able to dodge the big one easy enough - they could certainly dodge the smaller ones faster than I can.

Treesus and Mother I certainly find more fun, but like I said, it was only the first run. I'm a bit skeptical now, but I expect my opinion to change a bit after a few more goes.

Ransu
Dec 20, 2017, 06:05 PM
First blind run for me took about 20 mins and now on my most recent one it has been 13 mins so I suppose people are slowly getting it.

I played as Bouncer and it is pretty entertaining with the Photon Blade buffs and PB Homing along with Break Stance. However, I wish the dragon didn't spend all that time away while we brainlessly shoot at it with the cannons. Otherwise most of the fight is fun to me. Didn't really use the Laconium Sword much until the end but it is also pretty fun to mess around with.

Loveless62
Dec 21, 2017, 12:45 PM

14* Atra has the same potential as 13* Val.

jooozek
Dec 21, 2017, 12:58 PM
ran once, died once due poor visiblity on the flames phase when the dragon peaks from the walls, boring, don't care about the poopy 14* or the meseta from selling them on player shops - time for another vacation

Zorak000
Dec 21, 2017, 01:29 PM
14* Atra has the same potential as 13* Val.

no they mean the 14* partisan/knuckle/tmg/boots that drop

Altiea
Dec 21, 2017, 01:49 PM

Dual Bird: Regenerate PP if you dodge an attack with Stylish Roll or Step

Gear Experience: Drop a giant gold fist on enemies when you dodge an attack with Sway

Gilde Girola: Guarding restores PP, and if you have full Partizan Gear, you will not consume Partizan Gear while in midair

Gilles Weihen: Boost the power of Elemental Burst and automatically activate Burst when you use a PA

Flaoc
Dec 21, 2017, 02:21 PM
val tmg with radiating grace s1 and s3 and orbit saf is 47% reload with percents that high its 50 pp on a tap and 155pp in nearly 2 seconds flat

Kondibon
Dec 21, 2017, 02:37 PM
Gilde Girola: Guarding restores PP, and if you have full Partizan Gear, you will not consume Partizan Gear while in midair He's going to love this.

GoldenFalcon
Dec 21, 2017, 03:25 PM
Completely changes how partizan plays.

Would like to know if the PP part of the latent means that spinning the spear is a reload, or if it's another hunter pp guard skill

echofaith
Dec 21, 2017, 03:48 PM
Considering partizan PAs used in air tend to have better super armor frames, this sounds like a very good deal. Too bad the chances to loot one are non existent.

Altiea
Dec 21, 2017, 04:17 PM
Swiki is also saying that Gilde's Potential gives a +9% damage boost on top of the Gear save Pot.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 21, 2017, 04:30 PM
Gilles Weihen: Boost the power of Elemental Burst and automatically activate Burst when you use a PA

This seems like this would be fun playing hybrid Bo/Fi

echofaith
Dec 21, 2017, 10:13 PM
Just did my first run. Annoying EQ, but got a sword. Proceed to check prices and then set on shop and it sold immediately :p

morkie
Dec 22, 2017, 04:33 AM
getting motion sickness of these dragon movement

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 22, 2017, 06:58 AM
I've never made money so fast (because I'm a filthy peasant).

Sold two swords and a wand in two days xD.

Xaelouse
Dec 22, 2017, 08:48 AM
Bless this EQ. They should design bosses around Hero more if this is the result.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 22, 2017, 09:50 AM
Got a Bow and TMG at the same time.

Droprate so stronk.

So much free money.

SteveCZ
Dec 22, 2017, 10:12 AM
I haven't got a single thing. :-(

ratatosk
Dec 22, 2017, 11:37 AM
Don't worry friendo neither did i

FantasyHeaven
Dec 22, 2017, 12:59 PM
I decided to fight this camera once and hats off to the sega it was really fucking hard, that red mob on the side couldn't do anything though even though I got hit by literally everything it didn't matter because damage is fuck all meaningless in this game even more so as a hero with instant heal to full button from any range.
It just makes me wonder why they pour all the money into these fights and then you can't even see the boss 99% of the time. There is no excuse for the complete lack of a zoom button 5 years in.

Those Gold Experiences sound kind of fun though, not that I'll ever get them but that's why it would be fun if I ever did. This is the reason why collection files and assembly line pots are fundamentally wrong.

Zulastar
Dec 22, 2017, 02:05 PM
I haven't got a single thing. :-(

Don't worry friendo neither did i

I've just realise about lottery in this game got a high quality level promotion.
If you're lucky you can earn extra mil's of meseta without any costs and effort.

Altiea
Dec 22, 2017, 02:13 PM
Completely changes how partizan plays.

Would like to know if the PP part of the latent means that spinning the spear is a reload, or if it's another hunter pp guard skill

According to a comment on Swiki, it's basically Reload for Partizan (you get immensely boosted PP regen while holding the Guard button). Oh, and it regenerates PP faster than Orbit.

Hilariously, if it works the way I think it does, you can tack Phrase Recovery on it for even more shenanigans.

ratatosk
Dec 22, 2017, 02:51 PM
And if you are prem

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 22, 2017, 03:02 PM
I've just realise about lottery in this game got a high quality level promotion.
If you're lucky you can earn extra mil's of meseta without any costs and effort.

I made between 60-70mil off of this so far.

ratatosk
Dec 22, 2017, 03:43 PM
I made between 60-70mil off of this so far.

Can i borrow your luck for awhile so i can get some vals and earn money too please?

echofaith
Dec 22, 2017, 04:09 PM
Honestly, aside from the Rod being a poor mans replacement for EPD, these doesnt feel that much better than current 13*, so I dont feel inclined to max one(especially considering the cost). And thats good for me. Is very likely they will add more of these S class stuff, but right now I will just treat it as an easy income method :D

Zephyrion
Dec 22, 2017, 04:18 PM
Honestly, aside from the Rod being a poor mans replacement for EPD, these doesnt feel that much better than current 13*, so I dont feel inclined to max one(especially considering the cost). And thats good for me. Is very likely they will add more of these S class stuff, but right now I will just treat it as an easy income method :D

It's funny how people forget the damn rifle though xD. Katana and Gunslash S4 are also very good
Also the good thing about those is you can actually tailor the price you pay for your needs. If you want the best weapon, you can go ham on super special abilities and the likes. If not you can simply settle for a very classic affix and focus on making the most of any of the good S4 around there

Cadfael
Dec 22, 2017, 04:58 PM
Originally, I wasn't a fan at all of the new EQ, but after running it a few times now that people have gotten a little better at knowing what to do with the swords, I'm still not all that much of a fan. Spending about 50% of the fight chasing after the stupid dragon is not necessarily the way to create fun content, especially since the fight is (theoretically) supposed to be geared towards Heroes.

echofaith
Dec 22, 2017, 05:08 PM
I did in fact forget about the rifle yes. That would be me go to pot for melee, but the being stand still part kinda bothers me. Aside from very specific cases, PA super armor seems to suffice. I think I enjoy not being kbed mostly from stray attacks than from actual PA chaining.

What I dont see much appeal in, is the hp drain. It capping at 30 hp seems like a big turn off. Almost all classes not named Force and Hero get automate for mindless steamrolling anyway, and in some cases the hp regen ring is also a choice if you want to save on mates or just fix chip damage. I am not saying is bad at all, but I just dont see why is so popular(I think GS is the most expensive of all Vals by far) with the current stuff we have available

Moffen
Dec 22, 2017, 05:16 PM
I did in fact forget about the rifle yes. That would be me go to pot for melee, but the being stand still part kinda bothers me. Aside from very specific cases, PA super armor seems to suffice. I think I enjoy not being kbed mostly from stray attacks than from actual PA chaining.

What I dont see much appeal in, is the hp drain. It capping at 30 hp seems like a big turn off. Almost all classes not named Force and Hero get automate for mindless steamrolling anyway, and in some cases the hp regen ring is also a choice if you want to save on mates or just fix chip damage. I am not saying is bad at all, but I just dont see why is so popular(I think GS is the most expensive of all Vals by far) with the current stuff we have available

I need it for gunner because it helps me maintain perfect keeper and lets me sub Fi instead of Hu..
also screw this EQs point system.
Some guy started the EQ before everyone was at the teleporter and by the time i got in,i only got to see the last few mobs.
Got a C rank,even though i did the most damage on the dragon.

What a massive waste of time.

Altiea
Dec 22, 2017, 05:17 PM

Multi-hit attacks. Strike Gust Type-0, pretty much all Double Saber and Twin Dagger attacks, Twin Machineguns (Gunner or Hero), even Techs, that's 30 HP per hit you're draining. You can bump your HP up to full in seconds just by sustaining your DPS.

HP Restorate, conversely, doesn't tick right away; you have to wait a few seconds for it to proc, at which point you may get whacked by another attack, which will set you back even further. Automate only procs at half HP; if you're just above the limit, nothing short of Iron Will will save you if you eat a kill shot that does more than half health. Fighter doesn't take Automate anyways because in LB, the threshold for Automate is too high, so it's a waste of Skill Points. Plus, even for Automate users, as long as you aren't in an environment where taking a single hit will proc Automate, the 1% lifedrain means you'll be chewing through your Mates at a much slower rate than if you weren't taking the 1% lifedrain.

Also, I think you're... kinda missing the point of the Rifle SSA? Why would you stick it on a melee weapon? You're moving practically all the time as melee, so it would barely activate at all. And as you said, PAs give enough Super Armor anyway, so it'd be a waste to put such a good SSA on a weapon that can almost never make use of it or benefit from it.

Tymek
Dec 22, 2017, 05:23 PM
Boy, this EQ is...weird. I don't understand the purpose of Laconium Sword, or why people are fighting over it. It's significantly weaker than your regular equipment.

Altiea
Dec 22, 2017, 05:25 PM
Boy, this EQ is...weird. I don't understand the purpose of Laconium Sword, or why people are fighting over it. It's significantly weaker than your regular equipment.

You're supposed to break the glowing blue weak points with it. Also, it's more powerful than your regular equipment for some regular classes, Hero (and certain other classes, provided optimal gear and circumstance) can compete with the Sword just fine, except where weak point breaks are concerned. For example, as RA/HU, I pretty much need the Sword to see reasonable DPS unless the Dragon is standing perfectly still, in which case Sat Cannon will out-DPS the Sword.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 22, 2017, 05:27 PM
13* drop count now at 6. This is my 3rd sword.

This is my first weapon drop that has an SSA already on it: S2: photon reduction. all other weapons with that already on it are almost 70mil. I don't know enough about these SSAs and the value of em, but would this really sell?

Zephyrion
Dec 22, 2017, 05:30 PM
You're supposed to break the glowing blue weak points with it. Also, it's more powerful than your regular equipment for regular classes, Hero can compete with the Sword just fine, except where weak point breaks are concerned.

I kind of not agree with that, several classes can do much better than what Laconium Sword has to offer, provided they're geared properly. It's still a great help as far as utility and mobility are concerned, or if your class is severely impaired by Dragon's hyperactivity

Altiea
Dec 22, 2017, 05:30 PM
I kind of not agree with that, several classes can do much better than what Laconium Sword has to offer, provided they're geared properly. It's still a great help as far as utility and mobility are concerned, or if your class is severely impaired by Dragon's hyperactivity

I understand that, that's why I edited my response.

Zephyrion
Dec 22, 2017, 05:36 PM
I understand that, that's why I edited my response.

Yeah, sorry, posted before your edit, so didn't see. Also had a few runs with RA and I can say RA performs reasonably well, but you'll have to use different PAs than usual. Slider 0 is an obvious answer, but Homing Emission 0 is a great answer both to dragon's mobility and is great DPS if you're properly spaced. It has always been a key PA for bursting on small and mobile weakpoints. Satcan is only saved for specific stuns and phases there

Ceresa
Dec 22, 2017, 05:40 PM
13* drop count now at 6. This is my 3rd sword.

This is my first weapon drop that has an SSA already on it: S2: photon reduction. all other weapons with that already on it are almost 70mil. I don't know enough about these SSAs and the value of em, but would this really sell?

I don't know about 70 but it just might. The only real S2 competition is 12% crit rate, and 10% pp reduction is just a great value for one measly affix slot. That SSA is also only available as a drop. Yesterday when I was spam searching after a dragon for one, I saw the cheapest at 70m, then 50m, then 8m (poor guy didn't even check affixes I guess). After I bought the 8m I kept checking for a while and the 50 was gone a few minutes later. Would assume it sold.

ratatosk
Dec 22, 2017, 05:42 PM
Damn dragon keeps jumping out of my pets range so i rely on the sword for my damage most times when maron isent up (And sometimes Redran if the poor deary could survive more than 2 hits

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 22, 2017, 05:53 PM
I don't know about 70 but it just might. The only real S2 competition is 12% crit rate, and 10% pp reduction is just a great value for one measly affix slot. That SSA is also only available as a drop. Yesterday when I was spam searching after a dragon for one, I saw the cheapest at 70m, then 50m, then 8m (poor guy didn't even check affixes I guess). After I bought the 8m I kept checking for a while and the 50 was gone a few minutes later. Would assume it sold.

Yeah it just sold for almost 70mil.

Christ this EQ just put 135mil into my pocket in 3 days.

Also, yeah you're right. I've been reading the constantly updating page in engrish on Swiki. It kind of is the only S2 worth a slot.

Altiea
Dec 22, 2017, 06:11 PM
At any rate, I guess the game really doesn't want to help me out with my money predicament; I'm dirt poor, yet I haven't seen a single 13* yet.

echofaith
Dec 22, 2017, 06:18 PM
Multi-hit attacks. Strike Gust Type-0, pretty much all Double Saber and Twin Dagger attacks, Twin Machineguns (Gunner or Hero), even Techs, that's 30 HP per hit you're draining. You can bump your HP up to full in seconds just by sustaining your DPS.

HP Restorate, conversely, doesn't tick right away; you have to wait a few seconds for it to proc, at which point you may get whacked by another attack, which will set you back even further. Automate only procs at half HP; if you're just above the limit, nothing short of Iron Will will save you if you eat a kill shot that does more than half health. Fighter doesn't take Automate anyways because in LB, the threshold for Automate is too high, so it's a waste of Skill Points. Plus, even for Automate users, as long as you aren't in an environment where taking a single hit will proc Automate, the 1% lifedrain means you'll be chewing through your Mates at a much slower rate than if you weren't taking the 1% lifedrain.

Also, I think you're... kinda missing the point of the Rifle SSA? Why would you stick it on a melee weapon? You're moving practically all the time as melee, so it would barely activate at all. And as you said, PAs give enough Super Armor anyway, so it'd be a waste to put such a good SSA on a weapon that can almost never make use of it or benefit from it.

Fair points for gun usage and perfect keeper, but I would argue as a hero you should be avoiding damage in first place, so resta should should suffice when you do. Automate being useless while using LB would mean the HP drain would be as bad, assuming you meant 1 HKOs.

I admit having your HP just above the 50% treshold is a problem, but from personal experience, most of the time if the 1st hit didnt trigger automate, then you will more likely survive the next hit without dying. I also consider you shouldnt be getting hit that often to reach these situations and hp regen would be enough to cover you, but I will concede that using this SSA does allow more aggressive playing when you reach these situations. In the case of Force though, I consider using uncharged resta better than relying in the 30 HP per hit from regular techs in a case of an emergency.

Melee was my personal choice mostly because of PA chaining problems, but for Techs you get Tech Parry(and now first blood), and for ranged classes you should be far away and avoid most of the fire, so I feel melee struggles the most with KB.

Edit: mixed up terms between rings/affix/skills/ssa

ratatosk
Dec 22, 2017, 06:19 PM
At any rate, I guess the game really doesn't want to help me out with my money predicament; I'm dirt poor, yet I haven't seen a single 13* yet.

Dont worry friendo just keep using 250 rare boosters and 100 tri boosts and you'll find one in no time. I got one this last run :D. Just borrow Maninblues luck

nguuuquaaa
Dec 22, 2017, 06:23 PM
Dont worry friendo just keep using 250 rare boosters and 100 tri boosts and you'll find one in no time. I got one this last run :D. Just borrow Maninblues luck

You know I never went in dragon EQ without 250+100 but haven't gotten any 13* from it either.
Fuck droprate.

milranduil
Dec 22, 2017, 06:29 PM
i've only gotten 1 13* and it was 8s bow with nothing on it, barely sold for 8.5m. as if mod farm wasn't all rng for money, this is 100x that.

Altiea
Dec 22, 2017, 06:34 PM
Fair points for gun usage and perfect keeper, but I would argue as a hero you should be avoiding damage in first place, so resta should should suffice when you do. Automate being useless while using LB would mean the HP drain would be as bad, assuming you meant 1 HKOs.

I admit having your HP just above the 50% treshold is a problem, but from personal experience, most of the time if the 1st hit didnt trigger automate, then you will more likely survive the next hit without dying. I also consider you shouldnt be getting hit that often to reach these situations and hp regen would be enough to cover you, but I will concede that using this ring does allow more aggressive playing when you reach these situations. In the case of Force though, I consider using uncharged resta better than relying in the 30 HP per hit from regular techs in a case of an emergency.

Melee was my personal choice mostly because of PA chaining problems, but for Techs you get Tech Parry(and now first blood), and for ranged classes you should be far away and avoid most of the fire, so I feel melee struggles the most with KB.

The point about not taking Automate for FI is that you either die in one shot, or you run out of resources first because you're losing a Mate with every hit you eat. The latter case is where the 1% lifedrain shines, because it gives you near-indefinite sustain in LB without needing to stop and Mate up or risk a faceplant. In the former case, you'd probably need to be pretty godly with FI weapons to not get hit, otherwise you're either gambling with the Iron Will 75% proc rate or just not popping LB at all. That being said, since FI doesn't typically take Automate, having the 1% lifesteal is also good for FI outside of LB, since it gives them a way to heal off hits without needing to rely on a limited stock of Mates.

It's really not about whether or not you can survive a second hit that puts you below half, it's more about conserving Mates for those harder hits that don't chip away at your HP and just take big chunks. It's like, would you rather take a hit that puts you near half, then burn a Mate healing off a second hit, or take a hit that puts you near half, then just heal it off by attacking so you won't have to eat that Mate?

Ranger can't always stay out of the line of fire even in optimal environments, considering how a lot of raid bosses like to use AOEs, which is why the Rifle SSA exists explicitly for them (and even has the same trigger conditions as Standing Snipe).

Zephyrion
Dec 22, 2017, 06:45 PM

The S4 for Rifle is only really useful for Rifle and for Ranger, mainly because most of raids or aggressive bosses will simply knock the shit out of you even if you don't have aggro, because of the wide AoE they get. The fact that the biggest multiplier for RA is Standing Snipe, and that that said multiplier requires you to stand still for extended periods of time means you will have to forsake Standing Snipe to simply dodge and use other PAs. That S4 being on Rifle simply means you will never be interrupted while trying to set Standing Snipe, which covers for the cooldown of Massive Hunter for HU sub, and actually open up possibilities for other subs. Losing automate can definitely be detrimental but you at least got the Massive Hunter part covered by the SSA.

echofaith
Dec 22, 2017, 09:39 PM
The point about not taking Automate for FI is that you either die in one shot, or you run out of resources first because you're losing a Mate with every hit you eat. The latter case is where the 1% lifedrain shines, because it gives you near-indefinite sustain in LB without needing to stop and Mate up or risk a faceplant. In the former case, you'd probably need to be pretty godly with FI weapons to not get hit, otherwise you're either gambling with the Iron Will 75% proc rate or just not popping LB at all. That being said, since FI doesn't typically take Automate, having the 1% lifesteal is also good for FI outside of LB, since it gives them a way to heal off hits without needing to rely on a limited stock of Mates.

It's really not about whether or not you can survive a second hit that puts you below half, it's more about conserving Mates for those harder hits that don't chip away at your HP and just take big chunks. It's like, would you rather take a hit that puts you near half, then burn a Mate healing off a second hit, or take a hit that puts you near half, then just heal it off by attacking so you won't have to eat that Mate?

Ranger can't always stay out of the line of fire even in optimal environments, considering how a lot of raid bosses like to use AOEs, which is why the Rifle SSA exists explicitly for them (and even has the same trigger conditions as Standing Snipe).

With recent content being damage buffed, it seems more likely to get 1HKO during LB than living with little HP. And even in the latter case, dimates may still be used based in your HP range, granting 20 free hits during LB, which should suffice for most missions. Also, in those cases automate could work as a 100% iron will so long you havent run out yet, while hp drain still needs you to land enough hits to cover the next attack in case you get comboed(but to be fair, automate working VS combos also relies in latency). I definitely see the big deal of hp drain as fighter though, because of the mate usage skyrocketing during LB. Just dont see very viable to ignore automate altogether for it.

I agree with the KB SSA working best for ranger. I wanted a total KB inmunity for melee which is why this SSA was the only other one I cared beside Rod one, but overall I dont really consider it a game changer.

ratatosk
Dec 22, 2017, 10:00 PM
You know I never went in dragon EQ without 250+100 but haven't gotten any 13* from it either.
Fuck droprate.

I think the point where you're almost guaranteed a rare is at 600% rare boost and one cannot manually go that high except with a quest rare boost up

Zulastar
Dec 23, 2017, 12:00 AM
almost guaranteed

Nothing's guaranted 'cause it's a fucking lottery game. Like you get 90% and more affix failures...

the_importer_
Dec 23, 2017, 12:19 AM
I think the point where you're almost guaranteed a rare is at 600% rare boost and one cannot manually go that high except with a quest rare boost up

I may be wrong about this, but: 300% boost drop item (AC) + 150% Triboost + 10% Concert boost + 50% Daily Triboost + 20k Premium drink + Placebo Stick = close enough to 600%

ratatosk
Dec 23, 2017, 09:10 AM
I may be wrong about this, but: 300% boost drop item (AC) + 150% Triboost (AC) + 10% Concert boost + 50% Daily Triboost + 20k Premium drink + Placebo Stick = close enough to 600%

I did'nt actually know there was a 300% rare boost in ac shop

the_importer_
Dec 23, 2017, 09:29 AM
I did'nt actually know there was a 300% rare boost in ac shop

Yup, 1000 AC for a pack of 3 and they last 1 hour each. Mind you, I was wrong about the 150% Triboost, it's not with AC (it exists, just don't recall how you get it).

final_attack
Dec 23, 2017, 10:18 AM
Yup, 1000 AC for a pack of 3 and they last 1 hour each. Mind you, I was wrong about the 150% Triboost, it's not with AC (it exists, just don't recall how you get it).

The one from expired SG tickets? 40 scratch that nets you anything you want, but, if the ticket expires, it can be changed to TriBoost ..... if I remember it right tho.

Cyber Meteor
Dec 23, 2017, 01:16 PM
The one from expired SG tickets? 40 scratch that nets you anything you want, but, if the ticket expires, it can be changed to TriBoost ..... if I remember it right tho.

No that's for the "EX" 150% triboost (which can be used on top a 150% tri) , a normal 150% triboost costs 5 SG badges or 2 Ragol Memory

echofaith
Dec 23, 2017, 02:36 PM
Thank god you can check for SSA like affixes. Got a wire lance and I was about to to set it for regular price, but the SSA it had costs way more.

Saffran
Dec 24, 2017, 10:25 AM
TBH it felt to me that the costume boost and the party boost were way more efficient than the constant 425% (250+125+50) I slap on when I go into an EQ where I actually 'want' something. Too bad there's none during that EQ.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 24, 2017, 10:52 AM
Do atra weapons ever drop already upgraded, or no?

echofaith
Dec 24, 2017, 11:06 AM
Wiki didnt list them as drop from that quest when I checked, only the other 14* that are drop only. So it seems is currently possible to have only 1 Atra a time.

Raujinn
Dec 24, 2017, 06:12 PM
Whole lot of nothing here. I also didn't get a single Bullet Kunai since it came out so when they said they'd have the drop-rate of those I was dreading this!

Zulastar
Dec 24, 2017, 07:16 PM
Whole lot of nothing here. I also didn't get a single Bullet Kunai since it came out so when they said they'd have the drop-rate of those I was dreading this!

I have same situation with Weila Board. IT. JUST. DON'T. DROP. Fucking lottery game...

Altiea
Dec 25, 2017, 01:58 AM
Hooray, I pleaded to RNGesus to give me a Christmas present and a Val Rifle dropped. Better than nothing, in my opinion.

Dual Bird is essentially a skill-based PP battery. When you dodge an attack, you get back 30 PP, and as long as you don't get hit (which resets the Pot) you'll constantly regen 10 PP every 2 seconds, even when your natural PP regen stops, such as during PAs or when you have the weapon out as Hero.

GoldenFalcon
Dec 25, 2017, 02:12 AM
Dual Bird is essentially a skill-based PP battery. When you dodge an attack, you get back 30 PP, and as long as you don't get hit (which resets the Pot) you'll constantly regen 10 PP every 2 seconds, even when your natural PP regen stops, such as during PAs or when you have the weapon out as Hero.

So if Hero dodges and then maintains good play (pot and hero boost) they'd be able to spend a lot more time autoattacking and TAJA Hero Gauge upping

I underestimated this

Altiea
Dec 25, 2017, 02:47 AM
So if Hero dodges and then maintains good play (pot and hero boost) they'd be able to spend a lot more time autoattacking and TAJA Hero Gauge upping

I underestimated this

It also lets Gunner maintain offensive pressure by ensuring that you're never out of PP while the boss is trying to kill you. It also helps refund the cost of PAs that you're forced to cancel into S Roll or Step.

reinforcers
Dec 26, 2017, 01:13 AM
thank god for the developers made the dragon without single-target-box again, I was skeptic at first after Mother and Deus. I wish dragon also can drop Jupiter Tullus but I don't think it was possible

silo1991
Dec 26, 2017, 01:55 AM
i fii finally played the quest and all i can say is : its just good , i could be better , maybe more phases in which he summons minions and we have to kill them to be able to fight the dragon again ( he is flying while we fight the minions giving assist to them ) also more phases with the turrets ( ii liked those turrets i hope these can be implemented in more stuff)

the fact of how to get the weapons and also the way to grind these is actually new , i hope sega release weapons that require the crafting crystals (naberius , lilipa )

i played as a teacher and other one as fighter and i didnt have trouble with the camera like you guys mention , and the only tip i can give is leave the head for the last and bring good armors with all resist 2 at least , seriusly i was a te/fo and everybody was dying in one shot , i was hit many times and died once because i got hit by 3 attacks almost at the same time

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 26, 2017, 09:06 AM
Their planned buff to Fo is looking poorly timed. Killsquads of ilbarta Fo on the dragon is like the second coming of the original PD days.

Loveless62
Dec 26, 2017, 02:48 PM
Do atra weapons ever drop already upgraded, or no?
There are no Atra weapons listed on the item drop quest record. It either can't happen, or it is extremely rare (even more rare than the non-Atra 14*s that drop there).

Wiki didnt list them as drop from that quest when I checked, only the other 14* that are drop only. So it seems is currently possible to have only 1 Atra a time.
It remains to be seen whether Atra will drop on Dragon rematch coming later.

Madevil
Dec 26, 2017, 04:50 PM
There are no Atra weapons listed on the item drop quest record. It either can't happen, or it is extremely rare (even more rare than the non-Atra 14*s that drop there).
It remains to be seen whether Atra will drop on Dragon rematch coming later.

don't think Atra would be able to drop even in the black dragon rematch
$EGA mentioned in livestream it only can be exchanged, and the required stone is a title reward which meant to limit Atra by one per account
but... somewhere they also said it might be more stones available through later events or titles

GoldenFalcon
Dec 26, 2017, 04:57 PM
don't think Atra would be able to drop even in the black dragon rematch
$EGA mentioned in livestream it only can be exchanged, and the required stone is a title reward which meant to limit Atra by one per account
but... somewhere they also said it might be more stones available through later events or titles

Defeat Black Evil Dragon with an Atra equipped
1 more stone

Masu
Dec 26, 2017, 05:26 PM
... somewhere they also said it might be more stones available through later events or titles

May you be right. I was torn between katana and rod. Finally chosed the later, but damn the katana s4 is just awesome too QQ

ArcaneTechs
Dec 26, 2017, 09:28 PM
Defeat Black Evil Dragon with an Atra equipped
1 more stone
they havent even said how you would go about getting another yet in the last interview so we're at their beck and call for the alt method. not that this doesnt sound too farfetched but for some reason others may not have their Atra by now and this likely wont be the way to get it

Stormwalker
Dec 28, 2017, 01:06 AM
i fii finally played the quest and all i can say is : its just good , i could be better , maybe more phases in which he summons minions and we have to kill them to be able to fight the dragon again ( he is flying while we fight the minions giving assist to them ) also more phases with the turrets ( ii liked those turrets i hope these can be implemented in more stuff)

the fact of how to get the weapons and also the way to grind these is actually new , i hope sega release weapons that require the crafting crystals (naberius , lilipa )

i played as a teacher and other one as fighter and i didnt have trouble with the camera like you guys mention , and the only tip i can give is leave the head for the last and bring good armors with all resist 2 at least , seriusly i was a te/fo and everybody was dying in one shot , i was hit many times and died once because i got hit by 3 attacks almost at the same time

I'm glad someone likes it, because I've run it twice on GU/HU and it's been an exercise in frustration.

I really hate quests where I spend more time chasing the boss around than I do actually dealing damage, and that's how it's been for this one so far. Unless I get one of the gimmick swords, and then its mobility is so ridiculously good that suddenly I have no problems staying on-target at all. As GU, though, it seems like every time I get in melee range of a weak point, he either moves or does that spread of AoE's that pushes everyone away from him - and if I try to Grim Barrage toward him during that spread, I hit an invisible wall. Similarly if he jumps and turns around so the weakpoint I was approaching is now on the opposite corner, Grim Barrage won't go underneath him - it's like his hitbox extends farther down than his body and I can't move through it.

So far, I haven't found a good way to get to weakpoints quickly as they are exposed, and that's making it hard to deal reasonable damage at all. I ended up resorting to Chain Trigger/Elder Rebellion the second time after about halfway through the fight because at least that way I could hurt him some.

the_importer_
Dec 28, 2017, 01:47 AM
Their planned buff to Fo is looking poorly timed. Killsquads of ilbarta Fo on the dragon is like the second coming of the original PD days.

IMPO, Forces should be the most powerful class. A class should either fast, powerful or durable. Forces are far from durable and since techs need to be charged to be efficient, they're not fast either.

Aexorcet
Dec 28, 2017, 06:01 AM
IMPO, Forces should be the most powerful class. A class should either fast, powerful or durable. Forces are far from durable and since techs need to be charged to be efficient, they're not fast either.

I don't know. Fo is really hard to kill unless you're one shot, and you can attack from almost anywhere. I never understood why other classes have more weakpoint focused skills when some Techs allow you to hit a specific point from anywhere as long as you're close enough to your target. Tech charging isn't that bad either since you have concentrated techs, charge escape, tech parry, and usually enough time for multiple casts against bosses.

the_importer_
Dec 28, 2017, 10:28 AM
I don't know. Fo is really hard to kill unless you're one shot, and you can attack from almost anywhere. I never understood why other classes have more weakpoint focused skills when some Techs allow you to hit a specific point from anywhere as long as you're close enough to your target. Tech charging isn't that bad either since you have concentrated techs, charge escape, tech parry, and usually enough time for multiple casts against bosses.

Ya, we might as well have 1 HP cause a 1 hit kill is what gets us half the time, the other half is because of dizziness and getting hit while trying to snap out of it. Forces are good for bosses, but in the party, they suck for mobs, mainly because by the time they charge their techs other classes have taken down the mobs before a 2nd charge.

As for tech crafting, well power and speed are often opposites, you need to sacrifice one for the other. Concentrated techs remove in average 40% of the charge time, so there's still waiting time and it's not as fast as doing a PA which don't need an charge time to be at full strength,

echofaith
Dec 28, 2017, 11:02 AM
Problem I had with Force wasnt much about living, but to play properly(do good dps). Back then ragrants was the universal DPS tech for bosses, so it was either deal with melee range, or talis repositioning. Mirage was awesome for surviving, but it being so long also meant DPS plumetting each time you dodged. Short mirage fixed that problem at expenses of making you closer to a melee in the dodging department, but without the tanking sub to mitigate potential deaths from mistakes. Tech Parry helps a lot of course, but there is still no safety net. Didnt help that Barantsion was also the go to DPS comp.

I havent played Force since latest revamps, but from what I read ilgrants can replace ragrants for bossing in most cases, and comps having a cooldown should mean less reliance on them. And apparently most elements got buffed, so there is more versatility overall. Coupled with the poor man EPD we got recently and the first blood JA skill, I think there is no better time to start maining Force again.

NightlightPro
Dec 28, 2017, 04:45 PM
i've been enjoying this eq as a katana braver, it does quite fine tbh

LancerFate
Dec 28, 2017, 04:57 PM
I wonder if SU have GS droprate bonus ? all classes can use it but only SU don't have any class specific weapon in drop list.

ratatosk
Dec 28, 2017, 05:44 PM
I think we do I've gotten 3 in all the runs ive done ( They are one of the most expensive Vals and are pretty rare apparently) and 1 WL, Rifle, And bow (Though if i could get a fricking 13 star jinga instead of 13 star popples that'd be nice. I need my dear tank at a higher level)

echofaith
Dec 28, 2017, 09:21 PM
Just got an elveda from eq. Didnt know these dropped here. Guess my salt levels will just keep rising :c

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 28, 2017, 09:35 PM
The only thing that rises my salt levels are MPAs that take ~20 minutes to kill the dragon after a whole damn week of this.

It's amazing how all the people who grab the sword can't use the damn thing to break scales quickly either.

Expert matching requirements aren't demanding enough.

People need to get their shit together because the dragon should be dead in within 12 minutes. Not ~20. This is the second time I've had an 18 minute boost run out as we get to last phase in the last two days.

ratatosk
Dec 28, 2017, 09:58 PM
Just got an elveda from eq. Didnt know these dropped here. Guess my salt levels will just keep rising :c

I mean why not everyone needs a evelda when vals are out there :D atleast we can get the units from it too. Plus the dragon counts as a castle on the file

The only thing that rises my salt levels are MPAs that take ~20 minutes to kill the dragon after a whole damn week of this.

It's amazing how all the people who grab the sword can't use the damn thing to break scales quickly either.

People need to get their shit together because the dragon should be dead in within 12 minutes. Not ~20. This is the second time I've had an 18 minute boost run out as we get to last phase in the last two days.

I agree i usually have to jack a sword from someone and break the scales because of that reason but i don't mind the dragon taking too long, I wouldn't know anything bout expert matching and why not just take more boost into the fight if you run out? You can buy 250 boosts with excubes which you get plenty of from the fight itself with 10-11 star weapons. (Might just be me because i never have anything else to do with my life sooooo)

Anduril
Dec 28, 2017, 10:05 PM

Yeah, I had a run where the same three people kept rushing the Sword, and two of them never even bothered to do the charged PA. Add to that people who don't ditch the Sword to get a cannon, and because of three idiots doing that we didn't end up destroying the meteor in time, so we had to contend with having no scales lit, and half of the party attacking different spots instead of focus firing a single area. Luckily I had fully loaded myself with 2 hours of boosts, but Jesus, was that run a mess. They really need to add a non-skippable tutorial video for the Sword so that people know what you need to do with them.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 28, 2017, 10:11 PM

if pub isnt managing at least 8mins per run its instant shit for me but i agree, week has gone by, everyone (the 99%) have done it at least once and should know what to do by now expert block or not.

anyways after a week of running this, my only gripes are now:

1. People grabbing sword and not charge swinging Blue Aura parts, wasting everyones time until they time out or "die" with sword for someone who knows what to do to come and take care of it.

2. ABSOLUTELY shit hitboxes, this boss is so full of them that I've never been more annoyed than ever compared to any other boss in the game. Hr counter Flamethrow, get hit anyways

3. The bosses constant repositioning across the map followed by several JAMADA! into flamethrower combo etc and again, hit boxes

4. Being point blank on bosses foot at the start of the fight and still getting hit by its flamethrower attack for some reason (hitbox again)

5. People seem to be lazy for some reason the past few days and ignoring sword and waiting on someone else to do it for them, kinda weird

iunno gripes, Raid still 7/10 but over the past week its just something else i tell you what

the_importer_
Dec 28, 2017, 10:15 PM
Yeah, I had a run where the same three people kept rushing the Sword, and two of them never even bothered to do the charged PA. Add to that people who don't ditch the Sword to get a cannon, and because of three idiots doing that we didn't end up destroying the meteor in time, so we had to contend with having no scales lit, and half of the party attacking different spots instead of focus firing a single area. Luckily I had fully loaded myself with 2 hours of boosts, but Jesus, was that run a mess. They really need to add a non-skippable tutorial video for the Sword so that people know what you need to do with them.

You guys think you have it bad, I keep landing with people who can't learn the fucking patter of this cookie cutter boss and keep dying. Now I'm not saying that I don't die one or twice during this fight (ironically by trying to heal, boost and revive people), but some die every 2 minutes and they empty out everyone's moon atomizers in the process.

Moffen
Dec 28, 2017, 10:31 PM
You guys think you have it bad, I keep landing with people who can't learn the fucking patter of this cookie cutter boss and keep dying. Now I'm not saying that I don't die one or twice during this fight (ironically by trying to heal, boost and revive people), but some die every 2 minutes and they empty out everyone's moon atomizers in the process.

every 2mins for a boss that takes 8mins at most isnt really bad lmao.
Maybe if they fixed the stupid infinite frontal AoE attack range this boss has,people would die less. I teleported to the top of the map with the talis and the backflip from the dragon which splits the ground STILL hit me.

SteveCZ
Dec 28, 2017, 10:52 PM
I have nothing much to complain about the boss. It's 2nd best after loser to me.

And the drops are amazing. :beer:

the_importer_
Dec 28, 2017, 10:55 PM
every 2mins for a boss that takes 8mins at most isnt really bad lmao.
Maybe if they fixed the stupid infinite frontal AoE attack range this boss has,people would die less. I teleported to the top of the map with the talis and the backflip from the dragon which splits the ground STILL hit me.

8 minutes lol, make it more like 18, and that's on a good run. I make it a habit to wait for what's her name to say finish it off before using my drop boosts so that they don't go to waste. I can't comment on using the swords since my Ice techs do the job when it comes to damage, but ya, I've seen idiots running around with swords when it was cannon time.

SteveCZ
Dec 28, 2017, 10:59 PM
Speaking of pug run time, the slowest run I have is 11 minutes, the fastest is around 7 minutes, average is 9 minutes. So I really have no idea what happened on an MPA that lasts more than 13 minutes.

Still hoping to jump into a pug that can skip phase 2 though. The only best I had is when I broke the last wing, but the dragon was already high in the air, which people already preferred to go to the cannon, and have the wing breaks during its airtime (before the giant meteor).

Stormwalker
Dec 28, 2017, 11:20 PM
Ran it on FI today, and it was the complete opposite of my experience on GU. I had no problems at all getting to boss weakpoints with Raging Waltz and even just using TD Air Chase normal spam if need be. I felt like I was able to do solid damage. I had no problems getting swords (possibly because others realized they didn't know what to do with it and just left it for those who did?) when there were weak points to break... and when there weren't, I had no problems at all doing damage with my twin daggers.

I don't know why I'm having so much trouble with it on GU? Maybe there's something about it that just causes problems for Grim Barrage?

final_attack
Dec 29, 2017, 12:09 AM
I don't know why I'm having so much trouble with it on GU? Maybe there's something about it that just causes problems for Grim Barrage?

Maybe because the boss just kind of changing position too much?
Well, still RNG depends on what moves the AI decided.

I did have the case of multiple vertical Tail Swipes (the "Jamada" thingy) and stepping a lot before, resulting in reliance to ElderRebellion instead. Not to mention if it's in the middle of Chain Finish, some big portion of damage from Elder can still get negated depending on which part get Chained once it moved (rear leg and tail mostly).

You can reduce the chance of ChainFinish missing by aiming for the head every time, once it's available ..... tho not sure on how (some person in) the mpa will react (since you're not helping breaking the leg / tail part for stun) ....

I felt going melee PA like normal is just annoying for this one ;w;
Maybe due the boss moving a lot, and Gu's short range PA kinda need the boss to stand still (big / giant chunk of damage on later part for some main PA).
It indeed resulting in lower DPS due to Elder usage, but on the other hand, you might get high count of Chain most of the time.

Not to mention the boss can also create some kind of wall (the one that make fireball fell around it), making it impossible to get ChainFinish at melee range.

I guess I'll try going Gu again after I made Timed again for arm unit (only arm unit is swapped for Hr / Gu in my case) o_o

Altiea
Dec 29, 2017, 12:16 AM
I like to refer to it as the "Rathian back flip", personally. Also, those rocks have uncanny homing.

Stormwalker
Dec 29, 2017, 01:13 AM
Also, those rocks have uncanny homing.

I've noticed that. Very aggravating when you're trying to maintain Perfect Keeper/HIgh Time. Didn't really have a problem with them on FI, though I had to be somewhat mindful of them when I was using Limit Break!

Dark Mits
Dec 29, 2017, 02:21 AM
With the exception of the boss moving and rotating too frequently, and the overall EQ being too short to even listen to the entire BGM once, it's quite fun. Lots of phases, people who know what to do can shine and people who do not know or are just there for fun can sit back and tunnel vision.

Masu
Dec 29, 2017, 04:04 AM
Am starting to get the thing I guess, despite the aforementioned aberration . Flame throw which hits you while you're technically in a safe spot...and the stupid hit boxes. Strangely enough I finished to mainly use Talis over other Hr weapons.
Also about blue sword and meteor phase. You can go tps and shoot at meteors, also you can use shield if missing one. Something you can't do when using canon :v Another good side using sword over canon for this phase is you can instant start to charge sword to crush wings asap.

About Evleda drops in this EQ I guess it's a d*ck move from sega to troll drop table. Those things should remain in BQ and nowhere else but nooooooo:rant:

NightlightPro
Dec 29, 2017, 05:44 PM
people running eq even on 8/12 mpa now and that took us about 21 mins but it was totally worth it coz i got 2 val drops

call that luck..

GoldenFalcon
Dec 30, 2017, 12:11 AM
people running eq even on 8/12 mpa now and that took us about 21 mins but it was totally worth it coz i got 2 val drops

call that luck..

inb4 someone solos dragon and gets like 8 val drops

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 30, 2017, 12:36 PM

call that luck..

Ive had 2 instances of double Val drops so far.

My Val count is currently at 14 total.

My deal with the devil aside, anyone try using Hr's talis warp against dragon? I get the feeling he covers too much ground, and will break the link most times.

Dragwind
Dec 30, 2017, 05:19 PM
I think it's a pretty fun EQ even though I've barely had any Val drops so far unlike some people :roll: [spoiler-box]*cough cough* Maninbluejumpsuit *cough cough*[/spoiler-box]

Zulastar
Dec 30, 2017, 06:12 PM
I think it's a pretty fun EQ even though I've barely had any Val drops so far unlike some people :roll: [spoiler-box]*cough cough* Maninbluejumpsuit *cough cough*[/spoiler-box]

Although this is my favorite game I REALLY HATE this fucking LOTTERY part 'cause it's totally unfair.

Masu
Dec 30, 2017, 10:12 PM

You won't make friends teasing this way :D

My deal with the devil aside, anyone try using Hr's talis warp against dragon? I get the feeling he covers too much ground, and will break the link most times.

I do use talis a lot and yep it's super borked. It's why I mostly chase head because when you get used to it's pattern it becomes easy to go very high above, meanwhile I build my gauge while people get stomped *ebil laugh* and then release Hero finish when stuned. I 'm not sure it's the best strat to go but I still experiment and so far it seems not bad :wacko:

ratatosk
Dec 30, 2017, 10:45 PM

What class do you use geez

SteveCZ
Dec 30, 2017, 10:50 PM

14 val drops announcement until today can make this topic derailed you know. :lol: jk

The head itself isn't as safe as on the ground. It also went too far away. half the way to chase the dragon I'm already ready to perform vapor from distance, so switching from talis (to sword) also takes quite a time. But it's always nice to try something new, I haven't really explore talis much in this eq other than gear building.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 31, 2017, 12:13 AM
Although this is my favorite game I REALLY HATE this fucking LOTTERY part 'cause it's totally unfair.
you can literally buy any of the 13* drops from the player shop and theyre all already dirt cheap, they only cost more for the SSA's cuz RNG baby, deal with it :wacko:

oh and thanks dragon for skipping a head damage phase then forcing us to attack legs to get you into Last Phase Inferno flight

GoldenFalcon
Dec 31, 2017, 12:15 AM
Yeah, rarely he goes a phase without any blue/orange areas, it's funny

ArcaneTechs
Dec 31, 2017, 12:39 AM
Yeah, rarely he goes a phase without any blue/orange areas, it's funny
we broke his tail and as he was going down, got back up mid animation with new wp breaks immediately forcing us to break those parts and dmg him until last phase instead of us doing enough damage to force him into last phase extending the fight another 2mins

Zulastar
Dec 31, 2017, 05:25 AM
you can literally buy any of the 13* drops from the player shop and theyre all already dirt cheap, they only cost more for the SSA's cuz RNG baby, deal with it :wacko:

Well I've attended ALL dragon fights that was at schedule except the very first one and got only 4 or 5 drops. And someone attend less and got 3 times more. Nuff said...

oratank
Dec 31, 2017, 08:20 AM
life is unfair get use to it

the_importer_
Dec 31, 2017, 01:57 PM
Well I've attended ALL dragon fights that was at schedule except the very first one and got only 4 or 5 drops. And someone attend less and got 3 times more. Nuff said...

So far, I got a drop half the time. Do you use all the boost that you can: 10% Concert Tri (if there is one), 250% Rare, 125% Tri, 50% Daily, 20K Premium Drink, 40% Tri in party of 4, Placebo Stick?

Zulastar
Dec 31, 2017, 04:08 PM
So far, I got a drop half the time. Do you use all the boost that you can: 10% Concert Tri (if there is one), 250% Rare, 125% Tri, 50% Daily, 20K Premium Drink, 40% Tri in party of 4, Placebo Stick?
All of them. At least 100% Tri instesad of 125% 'cause I'm always lack of SG (Darn this scratch 30 tries and I've got only Mothers[Ou] v2 among all things in list I need). And I'm not possible to find myself a party sometimes.

Ryna
Dec 31, 2017, 04:19 PM

That is a good description of my experience so far. I've only missed a couple of EQ runs so far and don't have much to show for it. A couple of Wands, a Sword, and a TMG.

I'm running every possible boost, but haven't been blessed by RNG. It can be very frustrating at times.

Zulastar
Dec 31, 2017, 04:48 PM
That is a good description of my experience so far. I've only missed a couple of EQ runs so far and don't have much to show for it. A couple of Wands, a Sword, and a TMG.

I'm running every possible boost, but haven't been blessed by RNG. It can be very frustrating at times.
Yep I remember it now. Wand was sold for 10 mils, 2 swords for 7 mils each and a spear for 4.5 mil thats all my incoming from almost 40 dragon runs.

Stormwalker
Jan 1, 2018, 11:23 PM
This game hates me. 10 runs, all with colossal amounts of rare boost (250% or 300% rare booster, 100 or 150% tribooster, plus daily boost, plus event boosts) zero 13* drops. And no 12* units, either.

A friend who has run it several times less than me has gotten two already.

Altiea
Jan 1, 2018, 11:45 PM
It's funny, luck was shitting on me yesterday with Scratches (no Annette from New Years esScratch and I had the misfortune to pull male CAST parts from Lucky Bag, of all things). Then I run Dragon 12 hours later and get double Val drops (Rifle and Wand). The RNG works in mysterious ways.

Dark Mits
Jan 2, 2018, 01:54 AM
If I'm not mistaken then, the reward from Red Dragon is not a 13* weapon, but millions of meseta. So people are just unlucky because others get millions of it from the boss, and others get squat.

SteveCZ
Jan 2, 2018, 02:27 AM
This is a happy $$$ EQ. :D

ZER0 DX
Jan 2, 2018, 02:50 AM
This game hates me. 10 runs, all with colossal amounts of rare boost (250% or 300% rare booster, 100 or 150% tribooster, plus daily boost, plus event boosts) zero 13* drops. And no 12* units, either.

A friend who has run it several times less than me has gotten two already.

Same deal here, I'm at 12 runs full boost every time with 800k meseta to my name and not a single 13* drop from the dragon, but I hop in Ult Lillipa and get a Slave NT Double Saber in less than 2 minutes. RNG is weird.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 2, 2018, 08:23 AM
Did SEGA make any mention about the readjustment of expert requirements actually needing something challenging? It's getting old being stuck with 'expert' players in 20 min runs where the air phase goes on twice, and the MPA fails the meteor after 2 weeks.

GoldenFalcon
Jan 2, 2018, 08:25 AM
Did SEGA make any mention about the readjustment of expert requirements actually needing something challenging? It's getting old being stuck with 'expert' players in 20 min runs where the air phase goes on twice, and the MPA fails the meteor after 2 weeks.

I was just in an Expert run where noobs hogged the swords when the dragon landed from the meteor destruction

The wing stayed blue

Zulastar
Jan 2, 2018, 09:35 AM

I've always mention this for a long time. Expert reqs must be progressive and updating with every new content and rebalance. But now they inexcusably low.

And removing Expert blocks was a really bad move. If there's many of non-expert in block, number of expert MPAs will decrease and there will be a higher chance to get in MPA with lack of people.

SteveCZ
Jan 2, 2018, 10:56 AM
The dragon flying twice on phase 2 is extremely bad already on "expert" mpa, and I only get that once this week. Until today I never, ever, get into an MPA where they fail the meteor, so ... I don't know what to say really. I'm started to get curious on what it looks like when they fail the meteor though. :lol:

GoldenFalcon
Jan 2, 2018, 11:15 AM
The dragon flying twice on phase 2 is extremely bad already on "expert" mpa, and I only get that once this week. Until today I never, ever, get into an MPA where they fail the meteor, so ... I don't know what to say really. I'm started to get curious on what it looks like when they fail the meteor though. :lol:

It runs into the stage and does damage to the whole platform like 5 times in quick succession or something

Not quick enough though. Hero can just spam the dodge key and avoid all 5 hits with no timing involved

Zulastar
Jan 2, 2018, 12:43 PM
Just now some these "expert" pugs fail my Deus rematch. It was on 11 channel. Nuff said...

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 2, 2018, 12:50 PM

It one-shots a bunch of people, and when the dragon lands for next phase, it will not have any blue parts to hit with Alisa's sword. The MPA has to waste a bunch of time beating on a damage-resistant dragon until blue parts come back up, easily causing ~20 minute runs.

Ceresa
Jan 2, 2018, 01:06 PM
Expert requirements scheduled to be revised in April.

So the terrible players that don't understand part breaking, meteor breaking, or just surviving on the regular dragon will get 2-3 months to cause the rematch version to fail for anyone not in a premade.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 2, 2018, 02:22 PM
Expert requirements scheduled to be revised in April.

So the terrible players that don't understand part breaking, meteor breaking, or just surviving on the regular dragon will get 2-3 months to cause the rematch version to fail for anyone not in a premade.

Pugging rematch looked like a big no-no since last week.

About stupid meteor fails, I noticed something someone did to me last run that could actually screw the whole MPA if too many people do the same shit (which is probably what caused the giant meteor fail my last run);

-me, and the person in the cannon in front of me got hit off our cannons by a small meteor.
-normally, it's w/e. I air reversal, step foward, get back in my own cannon.
-what this clown did instead of stepping forward back into his own cannon, he jacked mine since he was knocked backwards making mine closer to him, leaving me wasting precious seconds looking for the next nearest free cannon or sword.

For the love of god, do not do this shit. Get back in your own cannon.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 2, 2018, 06:04 PM
only had one pug destroy both wings in one downing/getting up, best mpa ever, 4:47. miss these guys. overall only had 2 bad runs, just RNG/lack of DPS and sword scrubs not charging wps forcing us to wait for CD on them and picking up the slack.

i await the new Expert Blocks Reqs and the casual anger from it bb

Stormwalker
Jan 2, 2018, 11:27 PM
Same deal here, I'm at 12 runs full boost every time with 800k meseta to my name and not a single 13* drop from the dragon, but I hop in Ult Lillipa and get a Slave NT Double Saber in less than 2 minutes. RNG is weird.

Yeah, I'm at 12 runs now - I've gotten pretty good at running it on GU now. But I still have yet to get anything decent (which is to say a 12* unit or 13* or 14* weapon) from this.

LancerFate
Jan 2, 2018, 11:31 PM
Running this EQ with SU specifically, got 3 GS so far selling it around 35-40m like cookies.
UPDATE: 6 GS xD (end of record).

ArcaneTechs
Jan 3, 2018, 01:49 AM
Running this EQ with SU specifically, got 3 GS so far selling it around 35-40m like cookies.
I heard Rappy Egg drops from this, you get any? how many? just wanna run it once get the egg and swap back to HR

ratatosk
Jan 3, 2018, 02:57 AM
I heard Rappy Egg drops from this, you get any? how many? just wanna run it once get the egg and swap back to HR

You have a better chance getting it from god eq ive gotten two rappy eggs so far from it and no rappy from dragon. Though if u like gunslashes summoner on dragon will get u alot since it seems to have a boosted chance of showing for summoners with no val takt

SteveCZ
Jan 3, 2018, 03:32 AM
It runs into the stage and does damage to the whole platform like 5 times in quick succession or something

Not quick enough though. Hero can just spam the dodge key and avoid all 5 hits with no timing involved

It one-shots a bunch of people, and when the dragon lands for next phase, it will not have any blue parts to hit with Alisa's sword. The MPA has to waste a bunch of time beating on a damage-resistant dragon until blue parts come back up, easily causing ~20 minute runs.

Wow that's really bad. I hope I won't bump into one of these MPAs and I hope my presence can keep avoiding this. :-)

LancerFate
Jan 3, 2018, 04:09 AM

I don't have Rappy on my SU, so it can take a long time, depends on your luck ofc.

nguuuquaaa
Jan 3, 2018, 04:25 AM

I did get one Rappy egg (and one goddamn Aero for no reason), no Val GS tho.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 3, 2018, 06:32 AM
You have a better chance getting it from god eq ive gotten two rappy eggs so far from it and no rappy from dragon. Though if u like gunslashes summoner on dragon will get u alot since it seems to have a boosted chance of showing for summoners with no val takt

I did get one Rappy egg (and one goddamn Aero for no reason), no Val GS tho.
ah thanks guys, may run it next few dragon eq's and see how that goes, if not, just give up on it until a CF or some boosted seasonal event for it releases

Zulastar
Jan 4, 2018, 08:34 AM
Not a single one 13* during boost(!) week. Every time I try to pray at shop area I got a knock down with a misfortune-4.
This game really hates me.

Akero
Jan 4, 2018, 10:46 AM
Many Dragon runs later, I've come to the realization that the only exciting part about this EQ is the chance to make meseta with the 13* and random SSA drops.

ratatosk
Jan 4, 2018, 11:12 AM
Many Dragon runs later, I've come to the realization that the only exciting part about this EQ is the chance to make meseta with the 13* and random SSA drops.

doing as a SU makes it better since you have (seemingly) a boosted chance to get gunslashes which go for about the most and you dont need to buy a val for yourself :D

ArcaneTechs
Jan 4, 2018, 06:29 PM
which is basically what i boiled down this Raid quest into when it was announced. Most people have their welfare 14* by now, the only reason to do it is for the valuable SSA's and chance at 14*'s. Otherwise if you cant be bothered with it anymore, skip it

GoldenFalcon
Jan 4, 2018, 06:59 PM
which is basically what i boiled down this Raid quest into when it was announced. Most people have their welfare 14* by now, the only reason to do it is for the valuable SSA's and chance at 14*'s. Otherwise if you cant be bothered with it anymore, skip it

Nah, run it as summoner and sell Val GS

But seriously, I want the 14* partizan so bad

aiMute
Jan 4, 2018, 07:22 PM
Ran about half of total dragon EQs with (mostly) Ra or Gu and got zero drops so far. What am I doing wrong? And why does this boss fight suck so much, why can't the stupid lizard stay on spot for more than a few seconds or not sidestep 2-3 max shooting distances away using attacks with retarded hitboxes/animation?!

First sega adds collection files to move away from RNG then they make top weapons tradeable and RNG based. Fucking KMR.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 4, 2018, 08:00 PM
Nah, run it as summoner and sell Val GS

But seriously, I want the 14* partizan so bad
why, why even quote me? lol thats basically what i meant

Ran about half of total dragon EQs with (mostly) Ra or Gu and got zero drops so far. What am I doing wrong? And why does this boss fight suck so much, why can't the stupid lizard stay on spot for more than a few seconds or not sidestep 2-3 max shooting distances away using attacks with retarded hitboxes/animation?!

First sega adds collection files to move away from RNG then they make top weapons tradeable and RNG based. Fucking KMR.

Some of us already discussed this but a lot of classes are gonna have a hard time (that arent HR) struggling to keep up with the boss moving constantly and across the map.

First of all, none of the Val/Atra are remotely top tier because of other BETTER 14*'s that have been out forever just stupid hard to get. If you grinded for a Nem/Slave weapon, thats literally all you need, you dont need to bother with Atra unless you want to because its hardly a power jump. And if you really wanted a Atra by now, theyre all so dam cheap you can buy what you need from the player shop, grind it to +35, go convert, bam 14*

Crayzus
Jan 4, 2018, 09:28 PM
I stopped going out of my way to run it altogether. I won't wake up early or stay up late to run it. One 13* after15 runs killed any excitement for me.

SteveCZ
Jan 4, 2018, 10:18 PM
why can't the stupid lizard stay on spot for more than a few seconds or not sidestep 2-3 max shooting distances away using attacks with retarded hitboxes/animation?!

Every few moves (probably 10+ moves), if the parts don't break yet (after breaking the seal), it will "take a break" for a while for as long as when it gets stunned.

Stormwalker
Jan 4, 2018, 11:21 PM
why, why even quote me? lol thats basically what i meant

Some of us already discussed this but a lot of classes are gonna have a hard time (that arent HR) struggling to keep up with the boss moving constantly and across the map.

First of all, none of the Val/Atra are remotely top tier because of other BETTER 14*'s that have been out forever just stupid hard to get. If you grinded for a Nem/Slave weapon, thats literally all you need, you dont need to bother with Atra unless you want to because its hardly a power jump. And if you really wanted a Atra by now, theyre all so dam cheap you can buy what you need from the player shop, grind it to +35, go convert, bam 14*

There are no other 14* twin daggers, and with the S4 30% crit from front in Brave Stance (thus providing 100% crit for FI/HU), Atra is pretty much top tier. Maybe it's the only one that is, I don't know enough about other class weapons to say. At any rate, after 13 runs with no drop (of any Val weapon, or any other 13* or 14* or even a 12* unit!) I finally got fed up and bought mine.

It would be nice if I could get one as a drop to recoup some of my investment, though.

aiMute
Jan 4, 2018, 11:36 PM
You. Give. Me. Meseta. Then we talk.

Every few moves (probably 10+ moves), if the parts don't break yet (after breaking the seal), it will "take a break" for a while for as long as when it gets stunned.
It doesn't make it less retarded.

Zulastar
Jan 5, 2018, 12:18 AM
It doesn't make it less retarded.
You seems didn't experienced camera madness for locked on legs melee classes while dragon moves.

SteveCZ
Jan 5, 2018, 12:54 AM
To be honest you can predict where it goes though. Like for example, that "jamada" thing has two moves; single roll where it flies somewhere to the opposite (it turns almost 180 degrees from what it is facing, so get further when the weakspot is on its tail), and double roll where it will go back to its current position.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 5, 2018, 01:08 AM
There are no other 14* twin daggers, and with the S4 30% crit from front in Brave Stance (thus providing 100% crit for FI/HU), Atra is pretty much top tier. Maybe it's the only one that is, I don't know enough about other class weapons to say. At any rate, after 13 runs with no drop (of any Val weapon, or any other 13* or 14* or even a 12* unit!) I finally got fed up and bought mine.

It would be nice if I could get one as a drop to recoup some of my investment, though.
Val Daggers on S2 are at 2mill each, just need to grind which i assume you've seasonals to save on Empe etc from there, its buying certain SSA's which can kick up the price (which ill look those up later for specifically a TD build).

I also should have said not top tier for weapon types that may or may not have a 14* which ya, I can agree, Atra TD's would win but not by a huge margin from what I've seen.

aiMute
Jan 5, 2018, 03:33 AM
You seems didn't experienced camera madness for locked on legs melee classes while dragon moves.
Why make that assumption? You know, Gu...

To be honest you can predict where it goes though. Like for example, that "jamada" thing has two moves; single roll where it flies somewhere to the opposite (it turns almost 180 degrees from what it is facing, so get further when the weakspot is on its tail), and double roll where it will go back to its current position.
Predict? Just how? All I see is giant lizard leg that vanishes into air with debris flying around, I can't see the dragon let alone where it moves after tailflip.

nguuuquaaa
Jan 5, 2018, 03:38 AM

Try SU.

Zephyrion
Jan 5, 2018, 05:35 AM

Well rather than rage at the dragon for being a cunt (and he kinda is for ranged) I find it's a better idea to find solutions

-GU chaining dragon feels mostly like Diabo or center phase for Mother. Here, you want to take your time building the chain. While the dragon is a clusterfuck of attacks, his flip only happens every once in a while, so when building chain you should purposedly have it at low count BEFORE he does it or else you might lose your chain to RNG flying away
Once this move is done you just up chain and went for one of the patterns that will let you have a full finish (Fire breath is one, repelling attack with meteors falling still lets you have access to tail, fireball that he spits towards the ground still lets you access his back legs and tail). Not to mention the stun that happens after he used several patterns, or the stun after breaking either tail our double legs. You just have to be very opportunistic and flexible, and just that will let you have lots of juicy chains. You'll probably lose one or two to stupid patterns but remember every class gets cucked in a way or another by this soo it's ok.

-RA is just Para Slider and HE type 0 when he is in range, and some Rodeo Drive 0 to get back in the fray when needed. interesting tidbit is that all legs can take up to 3 hits of EA, head can get 4, and tail lets you get all 5. You actually have a few windows to attempt those on some patterns.

It's just a few examples, but given all the shittposting going around, I'd rather stay positive in stead of giving them incentive to grace us with their wonderful trolls

SteveCZ
Jan 5, 2018, 05:44 AM
Predict? Just how? All I see is giant lizard leg that vanishes into air with debris flying around, I can't see the dragon let alone where it moves after tailflip.

Please read my post again, carefully, then try it, then get back here to validate.

ratatosk
Jan 5, 2018, 08:18 AM
if you have multiple characters on the same ship just run extreme quest client orders and TA client orders from klotho. Depending on the weapon you want you should be able to buy the val you want if not be close to buying the one you want. Ex quests give quite abit of money even without the CO

aiMute
Jan 5, 2018, 12:35 PM
Well rather than rage at the dragon for being a cunt (and he kinda is for ranged) I find it's a better idea to find solutions
No, no, yes, my point is that lizard is uncooperative, it's not the problem to kills it as it dies eventually, it's the fight itself being completely unenjoyable. The whole bossfight is centered around the idea that it's a big dragon moving around whose legs you scratch until it drops you the big crystal of no loot. With Hr (aka the only class that matters as was shown by sega in the new opening) it's not that much of a problem as it can control movement during his good dash PA z-aim, has quick start and PAs so it doesn't lose damage, but drop any of that and you get probems:
No dash PA like Gu after clutch patch? Enjoy being slow and doing little damage/watching your time-buffed CT dropping after random crap like 2 jamadas in row, or dragon sidestepping non-stop.
No turn control in dash PA? Extra time wasted to move around front legs to tail and hind legs.
Slow start on PAs? Enjoy losing damage due to movement or hit all aoe attack. Add to that that if you don't have decent units you might die before you get out of attack animation of PA that you shot as soon as you saw dragon doing it's attack hoping to avoid it in time...
EA can hit it like a truck, CT is made exactly for small windows of engagement but it's still a shitty boss design by "Hr or gtfo" KMR/sega of ep5.

Actually there's one thing I want to test and that is how much agro The sward holds and how much that stupid lizard will jump around if you tank it in front because I saw it doing cemiricle attack when I went hurrdurr with sward after it's head and I was the only one in front doing negligible damage. Also sometimes it goes full retard and jumps around so much you can barely get close to it before it jumps away. So IF there's a pattern to it, I want to know it.

if you have multiple characters on the same ship just run extreme quest client orders and TA client orders from klotho. Depending on the weapon you want you should be able to buy the val you want if not be close to buying the one you want. Ex quests give quite abit of money even without the CO
Why do you assume I don't know that? You see, the whole reason with meseta and drops is that if you have no luck you get 0 meseta (and even less potential meseta per cube as you want vrao) and have to spend quite bit (which means time investment in other ways of earning it while getting enough for fashion from scratches) to get 14* with something other than just S4 and 10% pot, with at least some luck it's easy 10-20m of exchange money you use to get weapon you need instead of one that got dropped and you don't use, with good luck it's 40m+ which is considerable amount of meseta that you can't just neglect with something (guess which adjective goes here) like "run tacos and XQs for month duh".
So I will ask you the same question - how about you give me meseta if you think that RNG drop/trade system of 14* is good enough? It's easy to get it after all, right?

ratatosk
Jan 5, 2018, 02:00 PM
Why do you assume I don't know that? You see, the whole reason with meseta and drops is that if you have no luck you get 0 meseta (and even less potential meseta per cube as you want vrao) and have to spend quite bit (which means time investment in other ways of earning it while getting enough for fashion from scratches) to get 14* with something other than just S4 and 10% pot, with at least some luck it's easy 10-20m of exchange money you use to get weapon you need instead of one that got dropped and you don't use, with good luck it's 40m+ which is considerable amount of meseta that you can't just neglect with something (guess which adjective goes here) like "run tacos and XQs for month duh".
So I will ask you the same question - how about you give me meseta if you think that RNG drop/trade system of 14* is good enough? It's easy to get it after all, right?

Im not assuming you didn't know that im just giving a suggestion for another way to get the meseta to buy a Val for the mean time. Sometimes we have to make the choice of fashion or gearing up our characters. If you want fashion dont worry about getting the weapon so much if you want a val withhold from buying fashion items until you get obtain one. Running TACO's on all characters and XQ's on all characters will net you the val you want (Unless it gunslash since those go for 30mil). And are you on ship 9 i can give you the meseta you need to get the val you want to use. I've had good luck when running as a summoner so i can help you get a val of your choice

echofaith
Jan 5, 2018, 02:01 PM
Doing XQs and tacos alone should be around 6m ish if you do it with all 3 chars a week. If you need more income, you have dailies which can average at 200k a day per char. I forgot the number of quest Freezer at franca cafe gives, but it should be enough for another 2m weekly if you do it with all 3 chars. Doing all these for a month should give you around 45-50m with minimal RNG influence.

If thats not enough to cover your needs, you can still farm stuff like alter/flicts, modulators, stuff for factors(latale demon soul, Vega soul and crap) or even rings. Bossing EQ for cubes, and seasonals for emper embraces will further your meseta income. While these are all RNG reliant, you will be more likely to get a 14* drop, than not getting gain from these.

ratatosk
Jan 5, 2018, 02:03 PM
Doing XQs and tacos alone should be around 6m ish if you do it with all 3 chars a week. If you need more income, you have dailies which can average at 200k a day per char. I forgot the number of quest Freezer at franca cafe gives, but it should be enough for another 2m weekly if you do it with all 3 chars.

I didn't even know about freezer till now :O

Ryna
Jan 5, 2018, 03:04 PM
Folks, let's try to be respectful and keep the discussion related to Crimson Castle Crusher. Start a new thread if you want to talk about or ask questions about raising meseta.

On the subject of Castle Crimson Crusher, I'm not going out of my way to run it anymore. I've been having terrible luck with drops even running all boosters and eventually just resorted to buying all of the needed weapons. It was a bit expensive, but I think it was worth it.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 5, 2018, 03:52 PM
Doing XQs and tacos alone should be around 6m ish if you do it with all 3 chars a week. If you need more income, you have dailies which can average at 200k a day per char. I forgot the number of quest Freezer at franca cafe gives, but it should be enough for another 2m weekly if you do it with all 3 chars. Doing all these for a month should give you around 45-50m with minimal RNG influence.

Freezer?

Folks, let's try to be respectful and keep the discussion related to Crimson Castle Crusher. Start a new thread if you want to talk about or ask questions about raising meseta.

On the subject of Castle Crimson Crusher, I'm not going out of my way to run it anymore. I've been having terrible luck with drops even running all boosters and eventually just resorted to buying all of the needed weapons. It was a bit expensive, but I think it was worth it.

I would have waited til rematch personally. The autumn weapons + rematch will just be more sources of S weapons, likely dropping prices along the way.

echofaith
Jan 5, 2018, 03:57 PM
The guy that gives you the 100k meseta CO that ask for gathering items. He looks like a butler with glasses, forgot his name. I am almost sure his VA is same as Freezer though U:

LordKaiser
Jan 5, 2018, 04:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=&v=uDXbyYt3rOc

Sums the EQ pretty well lol.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 5, 2018, 09:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=&v=uDXbyYt3rOc

Sums the EQ pretty well lol.

i like this, needs more JAMADA! though and homing random projectiles and more camera spins

GoldenFalcon
Jan 5, 2018, 09:13 PM
I recently had a run where nobody went for the swords for the chest breaking

final_attack
Jan 5, 2018, 09:59 PM
I recently had a run where nobody went for the swords for the chest breaking

Maybe the mpa are confident, strong enough, and gonna let people who is not strong enough get the sword ...... except everyone in the mpa are confident, strong enough, and gonna let people who is not strong enough to get the sword :wacko:

Eh ... I generally don't get the sword too '-')
Unless it's been a while the blue light appears ^^;

oratank
Jan 5, 2018, 10:21 PM
pick the sword break the blue spot and drop it :p

ArcaneTechs
Jan 5, 2018, 11:33 PM
pick the sword break the blue spot and drop it :p
your right about that part in terms of DPS

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 6, 2018, 01:46 AM
Maybe the mpa are confident, strong enough, and gonna let people who is not strong enough get the sword ...... except everyone in the mpa are confident, strong enough, and gonna let people who is not strong enough to get the sword :wacko:

Eh ... I generally don't get the sword too '-')
Unless it's been a while the blue light appears ^^;

Thanks to parsing, I know most randoms will be below me.
I pick up the sword anyway because of that stupid, unearned confidence from many people I've been seeing up to the 2nd week.
My damage doesn't matter if for example people can't get a wing broken before the dragon takes to the air because someone fails at exposing it in under 2 seconds.

Zulastar
Jan 6, 2018, 12:14 PM
10 runs without a drop. Just a triboost wasting. Fuck this RNG.

doomdragon83
Jan 6, 2018, 12:32 PM
I finally get a Val weapon and not just 1 but 2 of them at one time.
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/wXmOh1h.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
2nd one is 26% lightning 4s, neither of them have any S1/S2/S3 abilities though. :(

aiMute
Jan 6, 2018, 12:56 PM
Please read my post again, carefully, then try it, then get back here to validate.
Okay, I checked again, what's there even to predict? You see the variation by the time it's too late to react and you can't even attempt to intercept because doing so means losing as much as gaining in case of double flip. Thus it's back to what people usually do - evade/block attack on the spot and chase if it moved away.

Loveless62
Jan 8, 2018, 12:14 PM
The guy that gives you the 100k meseta CO that ask for gathering items. He looks like a butler with glasses, forgot his name. I am almost sure his VA is same as Freezer though U:
Yerkes is the NPC's name.

Halaniwa
Jan 10, 2018, 09:39 PM
Haha Sega Steal Dragons Dogma
Idea LOL SOOO LAME EVEN THE HEART WEAKSPOT IS IN THE SAME SPOT LOL!!

Kondibon
Jan 10, 2018, 09:44 PM
Haha Sega Steal Dragons Dogma
Idea LOL SOOO LAME EVEN THE HEART WEAKSPOT IS IN THE SAME SPOT LOL!!

Dragons having a weakspot on their chest is a really old trope. Smaug had one, but there's probably even older examples. Making it orange and glowing just fits with the aesthetic. It's not like Dragon's Dogma invented dragon fights.

Halaniwa
Jan 10, 2018, 09:45 PM
The Dragons look exactly the same In my opinion. Except Grigori is the size of a mountain.

Kondibon
Jan 10, 2018, 09:50 PM
The Dragons look exactly the same In my opinion.They're both generic fantasy dragons, of course they look the same.

[spoiler-box]https://img00.deviantart.net/0119/i/2017/309/7/c/red_dragon_by_manzanedo-dbssb1s.jpg
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/forgottenrealms/images/8/84/Monster_Manual_5e_-_Dragon%2C_Red_-_p97.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20141112085614
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/bc/98/5b/bc985bfa680e194ef26c15b50422d0c1--fire-dragon-dragon-art.jpg
http://www.hdwallpaperup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Red-Dragon.jpg[/spoiler-box]

oratank
Jan 13, 2018, 10:03 AM
They're both generic fantasy dragons, of course they look the same.

[spoiler-box]https://img00.deviantart.net/0119/i/2017/309/7/c/red_dragon_by_manzanedo-dbssb1s.jpg
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/forgottenrealms/images/8/84/Monster_Manual_5e_-_Dragon%2C_Red_-_p97.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20141112085614
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/bc/98/5b/bc985bfa680e194ef26c15b50422d0c1--fire-dragon-dragon-art.jpg
http://www.hdwallpaperup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Red-Dragon.jpg[/spoiler-box]

sega have many stupid awesome dragon in panzer dragoon but it was sakai dragon fetish who like a generic fantasy dragon and they want to make it look like the one the the old game

Meteor Weapon
Jan 13, 2018, 08:30 PM
Sakai was the one who designed Panzer Dragoon dragons lol

You know the more i think about it, the more out of place it would be if Erythron Dragon was designed with a futuristic alien like features. Considering the setting is high fantasy, Eryhthron Dragon's look is fine as it is.