PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA FreeStyle: It's pretty much ReShade, but it's a driver thing now.

Shoterxx
Jan 9, 2018, 05:33 PM
Saw this getting released, and decided to drop it here.

Some copy-pasta:

NVIDIA Freestyle: Customize Your Game’s Appearance In Real-Time
Customize Your Gameplay with NVIDIA Freestyle

Today, we’re unveiling NVIDIA Freestyle, a way for you to personally customize a game’s appearance through the application of real-time post-processing filters. With Freestyle’s options you can be more creative with your games, adding a retro war-themed filter for your favorite FPS, for example, or enhancing color and contrast to make a game look more photorealistic. Or maybe you’re color-blind, like me, and want to make a style that makes it easier to differentiate between colors and see key features.

You can even use night mode, which reduces the amount of blue light emitted, so you can get to sleep easier after a night of gaming.

All of Freestyle’s functions are easily applied through an in-game overlay, accessed by pressing “Alt+F3” in supported titles. There are 15 available filters, 38 different settings, and many possible combinations, enabling you to create a truly unique look for your gameplay with just a few clicks.[/SPOILER-BOX]

So yeah, it's ReShade, and ReShade's devs also participated in it apparently.

Requirements:
- Driver version 390.65 or above;
- Geforce [S]Telemetry Experience 3.12 or above;
- NVIDIA Profile Inspector 2.1.3.10 or above.

Using it:
After installing all that stuff above, use Profile Inspector, select game <whatever> (in this case, "Phantasy Star Online 2"), and under "Other", set flag "Ansel for freestyle mode" to 0x00000004. Different flags have different behaviors, I think. I haven't really tested much, need time, don't have it.
Make sure the Geforce Telemetry overlay is working with PSO2.
Use Alt+Z (or Alt+F3) in-game.

Known Issues:
- Depth of Field becomes broken when you log in. I think this is intended, as to prevent exploiting in certain scenarios.
- Same happens in certain games during loading, but I'm pretty sure this one is a bug.
- PSO2, like a lot of games, has inverted depth.

So, yeah, have a go at it.

final_attack
Jan 9, 2018, 06:49 PM
Thanks, will try it later (´ω`)
I thought it's only available for officially supported games (those that listed)

otakun
Jan 9, 2018, 06:54 PM
Thanks, will try it later (´ω`)
I thought it's only available for officially supported games (those that listed)

PSO2 is on the list.

final_attack
Jan 9, 2018, 07:04 PM
PSO2 is on the list.

Um ... I meant, officially listed one (https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/freestyle-games/) ^^;

final_attack
Jan 10, 2018, 03:28 AM
Tried the Nvidia Freestyle. haven't fiddle much with it .... just a quick look.

Some SS here (https://imgur.com/a/cWQIq)

They have group of effects / enhancement (got sliders on them).

jooozek
Jan 10, 2018, 07:04 AM
- Geforce Telemetry Experience 3.12 or above;
haha yeah no fuck off novidia

Dark Mits
Jan 10, 2018, 09:05 AM
Stupid question I guess, but it won't work with Radeon, right?

Touka
Jan 10, 2018, 02:12 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Stupid question I guess, but it won't work with Radeon, right?
Nvidia only afaik.

Maulcun
Jan 10, 2018, 02:44 PM
I liked ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDSg0wPc7pk&feature=youtu.be

GHNeko
Jan 10, 2018, 07:43 PM

yeah same

fuck that and fuck nvidia

Mattykins
Jan 10, 2018, 09:07 PM
Had me until Geforce Experience

rip

Masu
Jan 10, 2018, 09:15 PM
This may help (?) https://github.com/NateShoffner/Disable-Nvidia-Telemetry

Madevil
Jan 11, 2018, 02:47 AM
wow.. this is quite amazing~~ seems I can ditch sweetfx now
it still needs some improvement, such as setting import/export/copy, and auto-load the profile when the game start

Shoterxx
Jan 11, 2018, 06:32 AM
This may help (?) https://github.com/NateShoffner/Disable-Nvidia-Telemetry

That does not remove it entirely, just the most obvious ones.

abidias
Jan 11, 2018, 11:15 AM
How is the performance?

Shoterxx
Jan 12, 2018, 09:08 AM
How is the performance?

Negligible impact outside of Depth of field, I think. Then again, the effect roster is somewhat short, and unlike ReShade/SweetFX, it's probably optimized to run in a single pass, which greatly reduces impact.

Tippo
Mar 1, 2018, 08:06 PM
Hey guys~

NVIDIA FreeStyle suddenly stopped working for me. Heard it was because of new Nvidia 391.01 driver update so I rolled my driver back to 390.77 but it still doesn't work.

Can anyone confirm if NVIDIA FreeStyle is still working for your game?

Thanks~

final_attack
Mar 1, 2018, 08:13 PM
The option to change the flag in Inspector is gone on my part (resulting NVIDIA Freestyle to be disabled in PSO2) ......

Haven't tried other game tho (uninstalled Warframe just before driver update), so, can't test it.

Tippo
Mar 1, 2018, 08:23 PM
The option to change the flag in Inspector is gone on my part (resulting NVIDIA Freestyle to be disabled in PSO2) ......

Haven't tried other game tho (uninstalled Warframe just before driver update), so, can't test it.

Yeah it was the same with me, apparently it was due to the new Nvidia 391.01 driver update but after I rolled the driver back to 390.77 the option to change the flag in Inspector came back but Freestyle still didn't work :-?

Anyone else can get it to work?

Shoterxx
Mar 3, 2018, 10:17 AM
Not official, but apparently they don't want it to work on games outside their current roster. I haven't updated on mine yet, but that might be it.

final_attack
Mar 3, 2018, 11:12 AM
Ah, too bad then .... oh well ;w;
Only managed to play a bit these days, so, I guess, should be all right for now.

Would like to use one if it's possible tho _(:3」

sakare
Jun 23, 2018, 02:58 AM
Here (http://www.mediafire.com/file/0kjei418a08x12y/Nvidia%20Freestyle.rar) the files you need to, if u still want to use it. You are not allowed to update it . Since the updates removed the features.

p.s includes Nvidia Driver 390.65, GeForce_Experience_v3.12.0.79 and nvidiaProfileInspector 2.1.3.10