PDA

View Full Version : BEQ: whats the trend with using DB on Castle at the final phase?

ArcaneTechs
Jan 22, 2018, 07:50 PM
I've noticed the past couple of weeks for whatever reason amongst everyone when rushing the Castle for the final part of BEQ that for some reason around 4-6 people will go DB instead of using them throughout the EQ. I dont understand, once his arm is down and even breaking his arm wp's he's easy to kill, whats the deal on this? I don't even notice a speed increase for this either

Moffen
Jan 22, 2018, 08:42 PM
People dont like waiting for the other side to kill the mobs for the gates to drop,and sprinting there as db is faster than spamming PAs.
Idk,I pop mine right on second hunar phase.

Zulastar
Jan 22, 2018, 09:44 PM
Well it's same question about tower on sides set defence with two shields. It's totally useless 'cause mobs spawn and go diagonally bypassing both of them.
PPL in PUGs just don't understand about 7 plasmacasters is better than these doube shields. They can end any defence phase except the last one in mere 40 seconds. Yep they must be defenced hard and used before they go wasted by mobs. But with DB's support it's easy to do so. And in the last attack I always do a few shots on upper towers if some charges left. It;s much better than wasting DB on it. 10 minutes run isn't a dream with these nuances.

As for me I use my DB right after Buster phase in order to kill castles core fast and do some damage to it's sword(Lanzer)/Cannons(Dohr) or just to kill Hunar's arms. But there's nubs who use their DB's at Buster phase, which lasting time doesn't affected by mobs killing speed. Only Buster pile's life matter.

Casuls must play with casuls and don't even touch Expert Matching option.

milranduil
Jan 22, 2018, 11:20 PM
Well it's same question about tower on sides set defence with two shields. It's totally useless 'cause mobs spawn and go diagonally bypassing both of them.
PPL in PUGs just don't understand about 7 plasmacasters is better than these doube shields. They can end any defence phase except the last one in mere 40 seconds. Yep they must be defenced hard and used before they go wasted by mobs. But with DB's support it's easy to do so. And in the last attack I always do a few shots on upper towers if some charges left. It;s much better than wasting DB on it. 10 minutes run isn't a dream with these nuances.

As for me I use my DB right after Buster phase in order to kill castles core fast and do some damage to it's sword(Lanzer)/Cannons(Dohr) or just to kill Hunar's arms. But there's nubs who use their DB's at Buster phase, which lasting time doesn't affected by mobs killing speed. Only Buster pile's life matter.

Casuls must play with casuls and don't even touch Expert Matching option.

actually, using DB at buster phase is the most useful if you want exp, which was basically the whole point of BEQ for a while for dark blast EXP. it runs for the same amount of time every run, so buster phase is easiest to exploit for as much exp as possible in a given run, not to mention things all spawned lined up for easy punishment knuckle/impact.

Zulastar
Jan 22, 2018, 11:38 PM
actually, using DB at buster phase is the most useful if you want exp

Place few more tousands of DB exp over MPA result... egoistic asshole's action. And I'm already fully cleared DB's tree without these dirty moves.

Atmius
Jan 23, 2018, 12:21 AM
You only get 2 runs of beq on a single ship anyway, so taking longer is ultimately irrelevant.

milranduil
Jan 23, 2018, 12:45 AM
Place few more tousands of DB exp over MPA result... egoistic asshole's action. And I'm already fully cleared DB's tree without these dirty moves.

uh what? entire MPA's were doing this and getting 4mil DB exp per run. what mpa result? do you need DB for towers to not take damage or something????

starwind75043
Jan 23, 2018, 01:17 AM
I have no problem with that. People seem to struggle to kill that Resta ogre so I have no issues with that saving it if you're on that side

I actually have a bigger problem with people not using the defensive weapons and screens

Dark Mits
Jan 23, 2018, 03:04 AM
Using Dark Blast at final assault a few seconds before the end reminds me of the dude at "Who wants to be a millionaire" who used his lifeline at the final question to inform his parents that he won.

Serious answer: Because people want to get more DB exp, or because that's when they got it ready, or because they don't care. In the end the mpa is a success anyway. People who complain about "casuls" should maybe form closed circles of Expert players and not expect that every single other pug plays at exactly 100% of theoretical maximum efficiency all the time.

And as Starwind says, having all those defensive/offensive/teleportation options and not using them is way more detrimental to the success of the group than not using Dark Blast at the "proper" time. As is staying afk and not collecting mana because said player wants to facebook those 20 seconds.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 23, 2018, 04:07 AM
You only get 2 runs of beq on a single ship anyway, so taking longer is ultimately irrelevant.
i multiship so speed is kinda of thing i need but not attainable on Ship 2 for w/e reason so i cant get my 4 runs in like i do on other ships

but thats not the point this thread, casual vs expert, i was genuinely curious as to why bother at the very end when its just a walk in the park.

i choose Balance type on my tower anyways, works fine since i stick to one tower (well on S2) so getting up to tower via teleporter is more convienient then using DB or being mid battlefield then pa traveling

TehCubey
Jan 23, 2018, 05:09 AM
What's that about exp? You people do know that you get the same amount of dark blast experience no matter when you use it, or in fact whether you used it at at all, right? As long as it's unlocked.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 23, 2018, 06:04 AM
What's that about exp? You people do know that you get the same amount of dark blast experience no matter when you use it, or in fact whether you used it at at all, right? As long as it's unlocked.
you only need to worry about being in DB for meeting the mob/PA Req's for unlocking the other skills, outside that you dont need DB. You know this but maybe others dont for w/e reason

Kondibon
Jan 23, 2018, 07:47 AM
you only need to worry about being in DB for meeting the mob/PA Req's for unlocking the other skills, outside that you dont need DB. You know this but maybe others dont for w/e reasonI think it's more about killing more mobs, since the spawns during the buster phase don't stop until the busters break the walls, whereas the mobs during the defense phase can usually be wiped out before the time is up, even without DB.

EDIT: Derp, I misread. If people are using it at the laat bit then it's probably because they just don't know the best time to use it, or were saving it for problems that never happened, and there's not really any point holding on to it anymore when the quest is basically over.

Loveless62
Jan 23, 2018, 12:40 PM
If you are in a pug and not sure if it will succeed, probably the best time to use DB on is on the final defense phase, since that is when the towers tend to take the most damage.

I don't see why you would use DB on either attack phase, as performance on these phases is barely critical for the success of the MPA. Performance is much more critical on Defense phases and Buster phases. Defense phases are when the towers are at the most risk for taking damage, and Buster phases are important so that you don't have extra Defense phases.

Zephyrion
Jan 23, 2018, 12:57 PM
If you are in a pug and not sure if it will succeed, probably the best time to use DB on is on the final defense phase, since that is when the towers tend to take the most damage.

I don't see why you would use DB on either attack phase, as performance on these phases is barely critical for the success of the MPA. Performance is much more critical on Defense phases and Buster phases. Defense phases are when the towers are at the most risk for taking damage, and Buster phases are important so that you don't have extra Defense phases.

Well if you're a bit observative, it's pretty easy to decide :

-If group struggles on first defense phase and/or doesn't clear everything before timeout, you might want to save your DaB for defense phase.
- If your group breezes through it, might as well pop DaB on buster to get as many enemies to spawn as possible, both for exp and tiny Evleda drop increase chances.

LordKaiser
Jan 23, 2018, 02:16 PM
If the run is doing perfectly fine and players kill everything extremely fast, why use DB before the very end? If the MPA struggles then of course you should use it and it's usually during the 1 of the defense phases. Also if you are assigned a base and it's on the corner please leave it on defense and the middle ones on charge cannons. Those cannons do decent amount of damage to clear up entire mobs. (If your MPA is weak)

Loveless62
Jan 23, 2018, 04:46 PM
Well if you're a bit observative, it's pretty easy to decide :

-If group struggles on first defense phase and/or doesn't clear everything before timeout, you might want to save your DaB for defense phase.
- If your group breezes through it, might as well pop DaB on buster to get as many enemies to spawn as possible,
Actually, if your MPA is really good, and you really want to milk the EQ, you should let buster piles die so that one of the barriers remain unbroken. Then you can have extra defense and buster phases on purpose and get a lot more exp. Just be careful not to run out of time or make it difficult to start the second run on time.

It is obviously not easy to convince a pug to do this, or to allow a buster pile to die "by accident" when randoms will rush in to help a struggling buster pile. And this definitely not ideal for multi-shippers.

both for exp and tiny Evleda drop increase chances.
I assume you mean Demonia (or Evleda units?).

Evleda weapon drops LUL.

Zephyrion
Jan 23, 2018, 05:18 PM
Actually, if your MPA is really good, and you really want to milk the EQ, you should let buster piles die so that one of the barriers remain unbroken. Then you can have extra defense and buster phases on purpose and get a lot more exp. Just be careful not to run out of time or make it difficult to start the second run on time.

It is obviously not easy to convince a pug to do this, or to allow a buster pile to die "by accident" when randoms will rush in to help a struggling buster pile. And this definitely not ideal for multi-shippers.

I assume you mean Demonia (or Evleda units?).

Evleda weapon drops LUL.

I mean Evleda weapons xD. horrible weapons but great fodders for element or SAF xD

Raujinn
Jan 23, 2018, 05:26 PM
Because that way you actually get to hit the castle in the face instead of watching the Heroes zoom up and just instagib it with finish.

Also because I can actually hit its wrists with Blast where I cant with Hunter.

Zephyrion
Jan 23, 2018, 05:29 PM
Because that way you actually get to hit the castle in the face instead of watching the Heroes zoom up and just instagib it with finish.

Actually, both Graptor and Skewer type 0 can reach arms, even from afar, so it's a really nice way to deal with them. I pretty much only see FI and Katana-only Braver struggles on arms, since every other class should have a way or several ways of dealing with them

Raujinn
Jan 23, 2018, 05:36 PM
I mean landing graptor on fast moving targets like that is a kind of expensive game.. the projectile isnt that good.

Zephyrion
Jan 23, 2018, 05:57 PM
I mean landing graptor on fast moving targets like that is a kind of expensive game.. the projectile isnt that good.

Can agree with that for sure, but it's still something you got for dealing with those arms, unlike FI, condemned to flail around until arm does a pattern where you can actually reach the arm xD

Great Pan
Jan 23, 2018, 06:59 PM
Pfft, DB is for the weak.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 23, 2018, 08:50 PM
Pfft, DB is for the weak.
you'd be surprised but thats granted you got the essentials maxed

you hit him for like 3's then everyone swarms and its instantly over

Raujinn
Jan 23, 2018, 09:15 PM
Yeah but if I hit it in that 3s that's contributing more than not hitting it!

ArcaneTechs
Jan 23, 2018, 09:26 PM
Yeah but if I hit it in that 3s that's contributing more than not hitting it!
sarcasm but really pointless to waste it for the sole purpose of attacking castle with DB, hell i pull out LR stick and Zanverse because of how fast it dies thats if i can even get to it before the others do

Akero
Jan 24, 2018, 05:35 AM
I do it for the satisfaction of using DB's kamehameha on the castle's core. :D :D :D

NightlightPro
Jan 24, 2018, 05:39 AM
the same question why do ppl use DB on LQ to kill omega hunar

ArcaneTechs
Jan 24, 2018, 06:56 AM
its ok to do it but i guess some ppl think it'll do a lot? idk I genuiely try to shoo people away so i can solo him but i tend to grab his attention away from towers etc and kill him fast enough that the DB guy will either run off or stick to it for w/e reason. 30-40's to solo him isn't bad just i guess ppl feel one mini boss is a massive threat compared to a bunch mobs that are charging the towers we're suppose to protect

Dark Mits
Jan 24, 2018, 07:38 AM
the same question why do ppl use DB on LQ to kill omega hunarWhat else is there to use it on? Rarely do people have it charged for Arms. Using it on Wolgahda is waste of DB. Even Rigshrayda barely lasts longer than 30sec in a non-Expert setting with non-Hero lvl75s.

oratank
Jan 24, 2018, 08:37 AM
Well it's same question about tower on sides set defence with two shields. It's totally useless 'cause mobs spawn and go diagonally bypassing both of them..

most useful situation is to prevent a school of fish on the last wave in the first phase they will stuck at the 2nd barrier all of them. on the other wave some may by pass it

milranduil
Jan 24, 2018, 08:42 AM
its ok to do it but i guess some ppl think it'll do a lot? idk I genuiely try to shoo people away so i can solo him but i tend to grab his attention away from towers etc and kill him fast enough that the DB guy will either run off or stick to it for w/e reason. 30-40's to solo him isn't bad just i guess ppl feel one mini boss is a massive threat compared to a bunch mobs that are charging the towers we're suppose to protect

he said LQ

because 10 infinity rush with a te using zanverse kills him in like 10-15 seconds tops. it's also good for clearing all the adds very quickly with punishment knuckle + impact.

Saffran
Jan 24, 2018, 09:34 AM
And for the love of god, press *and hold* your Photon Blast when you enter the last room, we ALL have the same idea, but some people want to use their PB in the room and not in the doorway...

Aexorcet
Jan 24, 2018, 09:46 AM
And for the love of god, press *and hold* your Photon Blast when you enter the last room, we ALL have the same idea, but some people want to use their PB in the room and not in the doorway...

Ketos Proi is better off staggered. Everyone should use 1 by 1 and stick close to the group to provide like a solid minute of super PP regen. You could probably say the same for Julius Nifta. I hate getting caught in a PB chain, because it means at least one PB is getting wasted, also people like to hold it for too long in my opinion.

AnikaSteinberg
Jan 24, 2018, 11:21 AM
Whats the trend with using DB on Castle at the final phase?

Simple. My class is far, far more efficient at insta-smacking mobs to death, compared to the wide AoE jump-kicking, Darkness Wall aggroing, ora ora ora-ing hyper running Ultimate Impact machine.

(and no, Asagiri is still markedly faster than Physical Dash so movement speed isn't really an issue)

That being said, I do use DB frequently at the final mob wave phase rather than the actual final part of the attack phase, if either my Compound gauge or my PB gauge are not filled.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 24, 2018, 04:03 PM
he said LQ
oh my bad, even then i still pull aggro and let the others take care of the mob while me and 2 other ppl maybe handle hunar there too

Whats the trend with using DB on Castle at the final phase?

Simple. My class is far, far more efficient at insta-smacking mobs to death, compared to the wide AoE jump-kicking, Darkness Wall aggroing, ora ora ora-ing hyper running Ultimate Impact machine.

(and no, Asagiri is still markedly faster than Physical Dash so movement speed isn't really an issue)

That being said, I do use DB frequently at the final mob wave phase rather than the actual final part of the attack phase, if either my Compound gauge or my PB gauge are not filled.
playing BR on BEQ kinda bad even then, i was talking about very final attack phase, not final wave since most or others do it there too

Flaoc
Jan 24, 2018, 06:13 PM
im more worried about the last moment db people using ult impact on the head instead of the arms.. literally pointless at that point

Saffran
Jan 25, 2018, 08:03 AM
Who doesn't like seeing a slo-mo kamehameha to the head? C'mon.