PDA

View Full Version : PSA: JB Gear / Wand E Change Stealth Buff

Altiea
Jan 24, 2018, 02:29 AM
Jet Boots Gear and L/Wand Elemental Change is now compatible with the following Skills/Potentials:

-- Elemental Conversion
-- Elemental PP Restorate Field
-- R/EPPR Field
-- Ancient Oath
-- Discerning Eye
-- New Type Oath
-- Attribute Tracking - Fire/Lightning
-- Attribute Tracking - Fire/Wind

Kondibon
Jan 24, 2018, 02:44 AM
I didn't even know element PP field didn't work with them. That's nice.

Tyroki
Jan 24, 2018, 03:02 AM
How IS Fo/Bo anyway?

DavidAG
Jan 24, 2018, 03:10 AM
And still cant use zanverse/zondeel/megiverse without changing element...? Ugh

Kondibon
Jan 24, 2018, 03:14 AM
How IS Fo/Bo anyway?Pretty sure Fo/Su would just be better all around.

EDIT: The elemental conversion change is honestly the least useful thing on this list.

Altiea
Jan 24, 2018, 03:17 AM
How IS Fo/Bo anyway?

FO/BO is pretty janky, as far as I can tell... You give up a lot of versatility from having TE sub (meaning you aren't doing jack squat with Wind/Light/Dark Techs) as well as the Shifta/Deband bonuses, and you trade a lot of natural PP regen for active PP regen instead. Its multis are also straight up outclassed by FO/FI, and getting any mileage out of the sub outside of Elemental Stance requires tracking down a hard-to-acquire weapon from another game (Placis Arion) that is largely outclassed by your main weapons. However, having said weapon comes with its own benefits, such as being universally compatible with both Elemental Stance and Element Conversion (after the buff), being able to infinitely sustain Shifta and Deband, being able to fast-cast Zanverse, having access to Rapid Boost to halve Tech cast times, and having access to L/JBTASC to halve them again (effectively reducing cast times to 1/4).

TL;DR: You give up too much to get back too little.

Arakasa
Jan 24, 2018, 03:19 AM
so would this mean that using the wand element ring would let you get the benefits of the fornis wand pot regardless of element of the weapon? (providing of course youve charged a tech to get the want to the proper element matching the elemental weakness of the enemy of course)

Altiea
Jan 24, 2018, 03:19 AM
so would this mean that using the wand element ring would let you get the benefits of the fornis wand pot regardless of element of the weapon? (providing of course youve charged a tech to get the want to the proper element matching the elemental weakness of the enemy of course)

That's exactly what it means.

Arakasa
Jan 24, 2018, 03:21 AM
That's exactly what it means.

dangit,and after all that effort i went through to get 4 different element fornis wands :U oh well,guess ill have a +35 one for sure now at least after combining them

Tyroki
Jan 24, 2018, 03:28 AM
FO/BO is pretty janky, as far as I can tell... You give up a lot of versatility from having TE sub (meaning you aren't doing jack squat with Wind/Light/Dark Techs) as well as the Shifta/Deband bonuses, and you trade a lot of natural PP regen for active PP regen instead. Its multis are also straight up outclassed by FO/FI, and getting any mileage out of the sub outside of Elemental Stance requires tracking down a hard-to-acquire weapon from another game (Placis Arion) that is largely outclassed by your main weapons. However, having said weapon comes with its own benefits, such as being universally compatible with both Elemental Stance and Element Conversion (after the buff), being able to infinitely sustain Shifta and Deband, being able to fast-cast Zanverse, having access to Rapid Boost to halve Tech cast times, and having access to L/JBTASC to halve them again (effectively reducing cast times to 1/4).

TL;DR: You give up too much to get back too little.

Read the whole thing. Thanks for the overview.
Interesting. Force is my main, so I'll keep it as Fo/Te.
But I didn't know Rapid Boost halved tech cast times. And that ring...
WELP! Guess I'm about to have a LOT more fun with my Bo/Fi :D

I've been wanting to essentially chaingun techs for a looong time.

ZerotakerZX
Jan 24, 2018, 03:32 AM
They weren't before? Damn Sega

Terrence
Jan 24, 2018, 06:15 AM
It can be used anyway but it's a source of DPS loss indeed . It's quite annoying, so is the fact the changes made today to BOuncer's Skills won't make TE/BO more viable (and God knows I'd like it to be a thing with Heal Share + a 14✩ S4: 奪命の撃 Wand). And we're still waiting for the S4: 変素応輪 to be fixed.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 24, 2018, 06:53 AM
ive been wanting this since BO release, i dont understand why it hasnt happened already

DavidAG
Jan 24, 2018, 10:39 AM
It can be used anyway but it's a source of DPS loss indeed . It's quite annoying, so is the fact the changes made today to BOuncer's Skills won't make TE/BO more viable (and God knows I'd like it to be a thing with Heal Share + a 14✩ S4: 奪命の撃 Wand). And we're still waiting for the S4: 変素応輪 to be fixed.

Well heal share ring exists and its effect at +20 is exactly the same as the Bo skill, so you can make that happen already with any Te.

But I dont want Te/Bo to be a thing because of that, I want it to be a thing because jetboots + techs is a fun thing, also Bo has the best synergy for Techer with elemental related stuff, fields and mag

Zorak000
Jan 24, 2018, 01:43 PM
And we're still waiting for the S4: 変素応輪 to be fixed.

http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/i_measures_20171220_1/ it sounds like they fixed it