Maulcun
Jan 26, 2018, 09:56 AM
Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqxFzCMB0aQ&feature=youtu.be

Site
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20180110/

FantasyHeaven
Jan 26, 2018, 04:04 PM
I like how they can't make the buster quest seem even remotely different or interesting even in these commercials.

Crayzus
Jan 26, 2018, 06:12 PM
ZZZ...same old boring stuff more power creep weapons. More boring cosmetics. They are running out of ideas.

Kintama
Jan 27, 2018, 03:53 AM
MHW and granblue fantasy will hit this game hard...

Tyroki
Jan 27, 2018, 04:39 AM
Why would an android game hit this game hard?

(And yes, I know you can play it via browser.)

Monster Hunter Worlds is aimed more at the western market. No one is sure how it will go down in Japan.

final_attack
Jan 27, 2018, 04:46 AM
Monster Hunter Worlds is aimed more at the western market. No one is sure how it will go down in Japan.

Well, my Twitter's feed kinda filled with MHW (mostly JP friends and acquaintance) .... so, I think it's doing very good out there .....

on topic .... hmm, that Furu(?)'s clothes seems nice. Not a fan of frilly clothes, but that skirt + shoes combo seems nice (using current jacket).
And hopefully that Weila-Arm can drop easy. Well, leaning toward Izane due to more HP, but will see.

Kintama
Jan 27, 2018, 04:56 AM

(And yes, I know you can play it via browser.)

I meant the upcoming PS4 (and eventually PC too) Granblue Fantasy

Tyroki
Jan 27, 2018, 05:07 PM
I meant the upcoming PS4 (and eventually PC too) Granblue Fantasy

Release date when!?

GHNeko
Jan 27, 2018, 06:01 PM
"PSO2 is dead"

"They're running out of ideas"

"(X Game) will kill PSO2"

"Nothing intersting in this update except maybe fashion."

"When will they release PSO3?"

"(Current Episode) will still suck."

"This isn't real content. Give us real content!"

"I miss (Older Episode)"

"More Phasion????"

"Wow they're reusing (Existing Content)? How typical."

"Guess I'm not coming back to PSO2."

"Guess it's time for me to quit PSO2."

"Give me (desirable weapon/content) already Sega!"

"Anime fans will eat this up of course. No content for non-anime fans."

"Give us hard content already sega. I'm tired of content made for casuals!"

"This content is made for you. I know how bad you are. I've seen the parses."

"This Phasion doesn't even look good..."

"Oh wow this Phasion looks really good!"

"No good cast parts..."

"I wonder how much the Phasion will sell for..."

"Anyone datamine the potentials on the new weapons yet?"

"No they havnt the update isnt even on their servers yet."

"Anyone datamine the potentials on the new weapons yet?"

"What do the japanese think about this update on twitter. Google Translate isn't working for me."

"Watch them break the game again and cause more bugs on release lol"

"Let's make a petition to get Sega to release this to the west!"

"Great. More content for (X Class) or (Y Class) to dominate!"

"(Current Episode) [killed/is killing] PSO2."

Altiea
Jan 27, 2018, 06:05 PM
snip

It's a shame that this is what the Western PSO2 community actually looks like these days.

Zysets
Jan 27, 2018, 06:07 PM
"Something something PSO2 killed Phantasy Star" :wacko:

Kintama
Jan 27, 2018, 07:07 PM
"Something something PSO2 killed Phantasy Star" :wacko:

Oh it's absolutely dead and burried, pso2 has barely anything to do with the IP anymore, as the episodes are first and foremost based on anime tropes analysis, leading to ep4 based on vrmmo animes (sword art, log horizon...), and ep5 based on the isekai genre (konosuba, re:zero...)

They went as low as to prostitute the IP for anime enthusiasts be it only to glance at, so yeah regardless of revenue it's been pretty dead for a while.

otakun
Jan 27, 2018, 07:09 PM
It's a shame that this is what the Western PSO2 community actually looks like these days.

It looks like people with opinions and comments about the content of a game ... oh god what horror ... /sarcasm.

Dark Mits
Jan 27, 2018, 07:11 PM
WHat GHNeko typed is not exclusive to PSO2. I'd say it's the situation that dominates every single forum of every single online game in existence.

Altiea
Jan 27, 2018, 08:04 PM
It looks like people with opinions and comments about the content of a game ... oh god what horror ... /sarcasm.

I'm not saying that opinions and comments are bad, it's when you just throw out negative comments without reasonably substantiating them that it's bad.

I'm kinda just sick and tired of the negativity in general, too. It seems like the people like myself who actually enjoy updates are a minority these days. Or I just don't get out enough, I dunno.

GHNeko
Jan 27, 2018, 08:43 PM
WHat GHNeko typed is not exclusive to PSO2. I'd say it's the situation that dominates every single forum of every single online game in existence.

You're not wrong, but you generally dont see such a heavy skew of negativity in online game forums.

There is generally much more balance between hopeless negativity and mindless optimism. :wacko:

The only places that have this level of negativity towards online games are typically found on /v/ and /vg/ lmao

Selphea
Jan 27, 2018, 10:46 PM

Google Granblue Re:Link

I'm more hyped for Code Vein though

As for PSO2, nice update I guess, I'll go back to it... sometime this year or something.

TehCubey
Jan 27, 2018, 11:17 PM
very long post

Beautiful. 10/10.

ep4 based on vrmmo animes (sword art, log horizon...), and ep5 based on the isekai genre (konosuba, re:zero...)

Wut? Did you watch at least an episode of any of these shows or are you just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks?

ArcaneTechs
Jan 28, 2018, 07:29 AM
long posto
i like this post very much

NightlightPro
Jan 28, 2018, 09:05 AM
why can't they just add Odin as a miniboss in the seasonal eqs?

jooozek
Jan 28, 2018, 09:42 AM
the only thing that can save this game is a mario collab with a bowser LQ

ArcaneTechs
Jan 29, 2018, 03:57 PM
why can't they just add Odin as a miniboss in the seasonal eqs?

Odin is like Cougar NX and Knight, theyre gear/drops are irrelevant and boring. Not only that Sega is lazy anyways so if they cant have a loot pool update then dont bother adding them since they just waste time

Flatflyer
Jan 29, 2018, 05:30 PM
bit dissapointed that the valentines EQ seems to be nearly exactly the same as last year except for two or three different bosses.

new BQ event thing seems fun, killing a ton of enemies without having to worry about towers sounds fun.

glad theyre changing it so non-XH difficulties can fill in CFs too, 13*'s being completely locked to XH kinda sucks and I feel like it makes a lot of people lose interest cause all they can see is a massive grind before they can get any of the "cool" gear, so its a welcome change to me.

Zulastar
Jan 29, 2018, 06:22 PM
bit dissapointed that the valentines EQ seems to be nearly exactly the same as last year except for two or three different bosses.
Same chocolate asshole again... Well White day EQ's much worse and we'll see it in near future too.

new BQ event thing seems fun, killing a ton of enemies without having to worry about towers sounds fun.
It could be fun if it were random generated obstacle course with mob packs popping up here and there while dragon flew around and throw his fireballs from the air.

Altiea
Jan 29, 2018, 07:14 PM
If anything, it's a chance for that underrated Challenge Quest soundtrack to show up again.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 29, 2018, 11:01 PM
Any mined icons around? I'm more interested in the next cuent-based recolors than this stuff.

TheFanaticViper
Jan 30, 2018, 05:46 AM
If anything, it's a chance for that underrated Challenge Quest soundtrack to show up again.

Basically my main motivation to run this quest last year lol
Also i want the come back of the hilarious song "Aka chan wa doko kara kuru no" for the white day :D

Xaelouse
Feb 2, 2018, 06:36 PM
The game isn't dead, but it's hardly worth playing at the moment. Can't believe they even call this "content"

Although the game is usually stale around this time of the year. Well, they didn't want people to stay on PSO2 all the time, so they're doing a good job encouraging people to play other things (with gameplay worth talking about)

Moffen
Feb 2, 2018, 07:47 PM
The game isn't dead, but it's hardly worth playing at the moment. Can't believe they even call this "content"

This
This is whats prompted me to save up for a PS4 and MHW
Dragon being useful died on LQ arrival since all the Val weapons drop there too and any chance of a time stone chronos is near as impossible as any other 14*
My incentive to play is dead.

Tymek
Feb 10, 2018, 08:14 PM
This
This is whats prompted me to save up for a PS4 and MHW
Dragon being useful died on LQ arrival since all the Val weapons drop there too and any chance of a time stone chronos is near as impossible as any other 14*
My incentive to play is dead.

You saved up for a PS4 because you lost interest in PSO2?

Meteor Weapon
Feb 11, 2018, 05:27 AM

Well I guess it's still a reason whether it makes sense or not to other people.

Moffen
Feb 11, 2018, 11:54 PM

Funnily enough,yes. Originally i wanted it to play the Yakuza games and Persona Q but seeing as its going to be forever since MHW is released on PC,its worth getting a PS4 now that theres actually more than 2 games i want to play on the thing.