PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into the game after 2.5 years...

manthisis
Jan 30, 2018, 03:28 PM
Hey guys, is there some form of a guide or resource I could look at to help me get back into this game after being gone for so long? When I left the game I was a ~lvl70 Gu/Hu, and I had +10 Helen Trager, which were very good at the time. I'm going to guess, like most MMO's, that the gear that was phenomenal a long time ago is now obsolete.

Is there a place to look at where I can find out how to get the best gear, which PA's are the best at the moment, and other general knowledge so I don't walk around like a lost puppy trying to figure out what's changed?

Loveless62
Jan 30, 2018, 03:47 PM
The best PAs are:

Brightness End
Vapor Bullet
Rising Slash
Flash Trick

Aexorcet
Jan 30, 2018, 04:05 PM
Welcome back. The old weapons in the game have been replaced with NT weapons in general. You upgrade with other weapons used as fodder to a maximum of +30. Potentials are unlocked every 10 levels. You can level past 30 to 35 by using added copies of your weapon. Beyond more attack, +35 unlocks your weapon's SAF (Special Ability Factor) which is a special 100% base chance affix that can be very powerful.

Your first steps in returning would be to get to level 75 and get a +35 NT 13*. This will give you a current weapon and help unlock level 80. Some current weapons are:

Atra 14* series > buy Val series from player shop, upgrade to +35 and unlock a stone that will turn Val into Atra. Atra is all about S abilities, which are special affixes. Read up on this a little to work out exactly how you want to proceed with this weapon. Easiest endgame weapon to get at the moment and still very strong.

Qliphad 13* series > Very strong collection file related weapon, but the collection file is expired. Collection Files (CF's) basically give you weapons for filling certain enemies. You can get them from Pudding, next to Koffie. This weapon also requires Qliphad fuses to use, which drop exclusively from Deus EQ's (oldish content now).

Nemesis and Slave NT 13* series > Drop only weapons from Naberius and Lillipa UQ respectively. Very strong, but terrible drop rates. You also have to have one OT version of the weapon type that you actually want to use to realistically complete the weapon.

Ray and Union 13* series > Only really mentioned because they are 2018 badge weapons now. Used to be near top tier, but fell to power creep. Get 400 badges to get a usable 30 NT cap, 60 element weapon. 2400 badges for +35, which gives you free Astral Soul SAF. Union is the upgrade of Ray requiring Union boosters. More hassle and less power than Atra, really only good for the SAF now.

PA wise, Ra is still using End Attract and Sat Cannon. Parallel Slider 0 is a staple of Ra now, allowing decent damage while keeping mobile and giving you more opportunities to activate Standing Snipe. Sneak Shooter got iframes, Diffuse Shell got a big power buff. Launchers got huge attack buffs in terms of normal damage and PP recovery. PA damage also went up and Divine Launcher 0 is amazing for mobbing. Rodeo Drive 0 is one of the best movement PA's.

manthisis
Jan 30, 2018, 04:33 PM
Welcome back. The old weapons in the game have been replaced with NT weapons in general. You upgrade with other weapons used as fodder to a maximum of +30. Potentials are unlocked every 10 levels. You can level past 30 to 35 by using added copies of your weapon. Beyond more attack, +35 unlocks your weapon's SAF (Special Ability Factor) which is a special 100% base chance affix that can be very powerful.

Your first steps in returning would be to get to level 75 and get a +35 NT 13*. This will give you a current weapon and help unlock level 80. Some current weapons are:

Atra 14* series > buy Val series from player shop, upgrade to +35 and unlock a stone that will turn Val into Atra. Atra is all about S abilities, which are special affixes. Read up on this a little to work out exactly how you want to proceed with this weapon. Easiest endgame weapon to get at the moment and still very strong.

Qliphad 13* series > Very strong collection file related weapon, but the collection file is expired. Collection Files (CF's) basically give you weapons for filling certain enemies. You can get them from Pudding, next to Koffie. This weapon also requires Qliphad fuses to use, which drop exclusively from Deus EQ's (oldish content now).

Nemesis and Slave NT 13* series > Drop only weapons from Naberius and Lillipa UQ respectively. Very strong, but terrible drop rates. You also have to have one OT version of the weapon type that you actually want to use to realistically complete the weapon.

Ray and Union 13* series > Only really mentioned because they are 2018 badge weapons now. Used to be near top tier, but fell to power creep. Get 400 badges to get a usable 30 NT cap, 60 element weapon. 2400 badges for +35, which gives you free Astral Soul SAF. Union is the upgrade of Ray requiring Union boosters. More hassle and less power than Atra, really only good for the SAF now.

PA wise, Ra is still using End Attract and Sat Cannon. Parallel Slider 0 is a staple of Ra now, allowing decent damage while keeping mobile and giving you more opportunities to activate Standing Snipe. Sneak Shooter got iframes, Diffuse Shell got a big power buff. Launchers got huge attack buffs in terms of normal damage and PP recovery. PA damage also went up and Divine Launcher 0 is amazing for mobbing. Rodeo Drive 0 is one of the best movement PA's.

Thanks for your reply! I accidently made a typo in the original post, I'm actually a Gu/Hu. Do you know the best/easiest endgame TMGs for me to get?

It's a lot to take in, being that a considerable amount of the game has been overhauled. I don't even know where to begin farming, or what CO's/EQs to do. I don't even know what badges, SAF, stones, etc. are.

Aexorcet
Jan 30, 2018, 04:55 PM
Thanks for your reply! I accidently made a typo in the original post, I'm actually a Gu/Hu. Do you know the best/easiest endgame TMGs for me to get?
The weapons list is essentially the same for all classes. Top weapons don't really have individual class specific potentials anymore. We've been getting weapons series with the same potential for all classes. S abilities (for Atra) are sort of an exception to this but you can trade S abilities between weapon types. There are special drop only 14* weapons that have ultra low drop rates but they aren't really farmable.

It's a lot to take in, being that a considerable amount of the game has been overhauled. I don't even know where to begin farming, or what CO's/EQs to do. I don't even know what badges, SAF, stones, etc. are.
Yeah there is a lot to catch up with, and I'm certainly forgetting some things. At the moment the current EQ's are Crimson Castle Crusher (boss fight - drops Val series), Endless Belligerence (Buster Quest EQ, a variation on the older Tower Defense quests, lots of XP for leveling), and Creator Phantom (boss fight, Qliphad weapons, but getting outdated). We also have EQ triggers that you can buy with Star Gems, a new currency added a couple of years ago that you can get from daily login bonus, wearing certain outfits, or buying with AC. EQ triggers let you start an EQ whenever you want and they include older EQ's that are rare or out of rotation. They're sold in the Treasure Shop next to the campship. The ones available to buy change randomly.

As far as what you should be doing besides focusing on the EQ's I mentioned above, collecting 2018 badges through the current Limited Quest is a good idea. It will also help you get familiar with some Episode 5 enemies. Also check the daily quest counter on the left side of the main lobby by the campship for high paying quests/CO's and featured quests. FQ's give you an item in a box at the end if you A or S rank them. The items have a chance to be Bonus Quest keys, which unlock super high XP quests (especially Tokyo Silver/Gold and Rappy F). You'll need to do some of the intro Episode 4 quests to unlock this. Playing intro Episode 5 quests will unlock Buster Quests, which you can grind for Buster Medals to use at the BQ shop in the shop area 2nd floor.

Klotho's Time Attacks are still popular for money, but the format was changed.

manthisis
Jan 30, 2018, 08:45 PM
The weapons list is essentially the same for all classes. Top weapons don't really have individual class specific potentials anymore. We've been getting weapons series with the same potential for all classes. S abilities (for Atra) are sort of an exception to this but you can trade S abilities between weapon types. There are special drop only 14* weapons that have ultra low drop rates but they aren't really farmable.

Yeah there is a lot to catch up with, and I'm certainly forgetting some things. At the moment the current EQ's are Crimson Castle Crusher (boss fight - drops Val series), Endless Belligerence (Buster Quest EQ, a variation on the older Tower Defense quests, lots of XP for leveling), and Creator Phantom (boss fight, Qliphad weapons, but getting outdated). We also have EQ triggers that you can buy with Star Gems, a new currency added a couple of years ago that you can get from daily login bonus, wearing certain outfits, or buying with AC. EQ triggers let you start an EQ whenever you want and they include older EQ's that are rare or out of rotation. They're sold in the Treasure Shop next to the campship. The ones available to buy change randomly.

As far as what you should be doing besides focusing on the EQ's I mentioned above, collecting 2018 badges through the current Limited Quest is a good idea. It will also help you get familiar with some Episode 5 enemies. Also check the daily quest counter on the left side of the main lobby by the campship for high paying quests/CO's and featured quests. FQ's give you an item in a box at the end if you A or S rank them. The items have a chance to be Bonus Quest keys, which unlock super high XP quests (especially Tokyo Silver/Gold and Rappy F). You'll need to do some of the intro Episode 4 quests to unlock this. Playing intro Episode 5 quests will unlock Buster Quests, which you can grind for Buster Medals to use at the BQ shop in the shop area 2nd floor.

Klotho's Time Attacks are still popular for money, but the format was changed.

Thank you so much for all your help. One more thing... Approximately how much meseta do you think I'll need to +35 a 14* TMG?

Electrochemist
Jan 30, 2018, 09:48 PM
Thank you so much for all your help. One more thing... Approximately how much meseta do you think I'll need to +35 a 14* TMG?

If you buy the fodder from other people it costs around 8-10m. (Ship 2 prices)

Altrius Véurr
Jan 30, 2018, 09:55 PM
This is a guide for +35'ing any 13* weapon

https://puu.sh/tbzxV/32dc94d602.png

This is a guide for SSAs which Val weapons uses

https://www.bumped.org/psublog/episode-5-s-class-abilities/

Aexorcet
Jan 31, 2018, 11:48 AM

I've been saving 12*'s that are 25-30 grinded for a long time. I just use them to grind 13*+ weapons, so I don't really know the total cost. 25-30 12*'s usually go for 2-3 million each and you'll need 3-4 to grind a 13* completely from 0. That agrees with Electrochemist's 8-10 million estimate.

Halaniwa
Jan 31, 2018, 02:15 PM
You leaving i'm quitting. They just put Renjishi wig back on the market destroying the Uniqueness of my Juniper.
Good riddance (4 yr veteran)

DavidAG
Jan 31, 2018, 03:44 PM
Dont you worry, I dont think anyone uses that hairstyle

Flaoc
Jan 31, 2018, 03:46 PM
(4 yr veteran of b1 aka not really a veteran)

fixed that for you

Halaniwa
Jan 31, 2018, 05:02 PM
fixed that for you

care to prove me wrong? No? okay bye bye *blocks*

Flaoc
Jan 31, 2018, 06:49 PM
yea ok.. sure i bet you are such a veteran with that 20 ele basilis unaffixed ungrinded with bad units yea sure gj

nobody will miss you for being a special snowflake who gets carried in every quest they do

ArcaneTechs
Jan 31, 2018, 07:40 PM
You leaving i'm quitting. They just put Renjishi wig back on the market destroying the Uniqueness of my Juniper.
Good riddance (4 yr veteran)
quitting because someone else is using your hairstyle/accessory? what a dark time in PSO2 it is

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 31, 2018, 08:01 PM
care to prove me wrong? No? okay bye bye *blocks*

ayyy lmao

Electrochemist
Feb 1, 2018, 06:35 AM
quitting because someone else is using your hairstyle/accessory? what a dark time in PSO2 it is

I don't think they have anything to worry about.
I know it's all subjective and such but you could argue that particular hairstyle is one of the worst along with onion hair, I don't think anybody is going to wear it legitimately.

GHNeko
Feb 1, 2018, 07:11 AM
hey guys what's going on in this thr---

ok bye

ArcaneTechs
Feb 1, 2018, 08:16 PM
I don't think they have anything to worry about.
I know it's all subjective and such but you could argue that particular hairstyle is one of the worst along with onion hair, I don't think anybody is going to wear it legitimately.
its a bad hairstyle no one asked for along with skinhead and corn rows that 99% of the player base never uses

pika2525
Feb 2, 2018, 04:03 AM
its a bad hairstyle no one asked for along with skinhead and corn rows that 99% of the player base never uses

The worst part is that unlike the Skinhead it's too horrible for even the intentionally bad characters to use. It's just that ugly.

Electrochemist
Feb 2, 2018, 04:14 AM
The worst part is that unlike the Skinhead it's too horrible for even the intentionally bad characters to use. It's just that ugly.

The only place I could see it working is if you were trying to badly cosplay a late 70s to 80s glam rock group.

thehondachef
Feb 2, 2018, 11:24 AM
Juniper quitting?

....Well, shit. What're we going to do now? She was such an important and central part of the community, and brightened everyone's day when she walked into the lobby. And her character designs were so varied and inspired. Truly, a heavy loss.

jesus jimen
Feb 16, 2018, 01:41 PM
bro to me It take much more time will see me travel to Mexico because my father works a lot and travels and other times we have to travel and move with him and this time it was not the exception I was around three years and I'm hardly going back , the only thing that stayed me was that I half learned Spanish puedo decir burrito XD and i was en un curso robotica (https://criptogen.com/curso-robotica-educativa-docentes/) so im back finally :)

ArcaneTechs
Feb 16, 2018, 02:50 PM
bro to me It take much more time will see me travel to Mexico because my father works a lot and travels and other times we have to travel and move with him and this time it was not the exception I was around three years and I'm hardly going back , the only thing that stayed me was that I half learned Spanish puedo decir burrito XD and i was en un curso robotica (https://criptogen.com/curso-robotica-educativa-docentes/) so im back finally :)

bro you arent even a real person my friendo, copy pasta botto. necros incoming