PDA

View Full Version : February 3rd Announcements

Altiea
Feb 3, 2018, 07:08 PM
Not covering what we already know...

MAG Evo. Device/Love Empe Rappy
-- Drops from Love Empe Rappy in Valentine's 2018.

Pink Rappy Suit Mini
-- Similar drop rate to the special Camos (Coat Edge, Coat Doublis, etc.)
-- Can be sold.

New S-Class Special Abilities
-- S2: Immediate Profusion (3% TAJA)
-- S2: Spirit Response (Increase PP regen while sheathed)

All Candy Remover
-- Cost of All Candy Remover will be lowered in the future.

WAND PHOTON ARTS!?
-- A Photon Art for Wands will be added in the future(!)

New Techs
-- Three new Techs will be added in the future. These will be Compounds, but operate differently from the existing Compounds.

Battle Arena Collab
-- You can continue flying with Ride Slasher by holding the PA button.
-- Normal Battle Arena BGM will be replaced by Virtual-ON music.

14* Drops
-- 14* drop rate will be reevaluated in the far future.

Atra
-- Around 20,000 Atra weapons have been exchanged for.
-- Swords are the most exchanged, followed by Gunslashes. Wand is also up there due to TE being in high demand.

Kazuchi Raid (Bonus Quest)
-- Has two Tagami and three Izane. Good for money and Izane Units.

Expert
-- Expert requirements will be updated late March (another XQ will be added to the req, for starters)

Atrum
-- Initial clear rate was 60%, lower than Deus Rematch release.
-- Grade doesn't affect drops in rematch.
-- No plans to nerf it for now, despite player request.

Redran
-- Should be easier to get Redran Eggs during Easter.

Moffen
Feb 3, 2018, 07:16 PM
"Similar drop rate to the special Camos (Coat Edge, Coat Doublis, etc.)"
Guess im kissing that goodbye before it even arrives ;w;
the 14* drop rate reevaluation and wand PA have me really hyped though.It'll be nice to have a 000000.2% chance at the thing i want rather than a 000000.05%

Altiea
Feb 3, 2018, 07:23 PM
Added the part I skipped about All Candy Removers, the new Wand PA, and Techs.

Zorak000
Feb 3, 2018, 07:25 PM
bumped is saying they said the new techs are indeed compounds, but will "work differently" from the ones we got now

Kondibon
Feb 3, 2018, 07:32 PM
Watch the new techs, and wand PAs just be for the next advanced class. :wacko:

Zulastar
Feb 3, 2018, 07:34 PM
-> WAND PHOTON ARTS!?
-- A Photon Art for Wands will be added in the future(!)

I suppose it will be used for next advanced class.

-> Expert
-- Expert requirements will be updated late March (another XQ will be added to the req, for starters)

Just can't wait for this one.

SteveCZ
Feb 3, 2018, 10:00 PM
Wand PA
finally
Wand PA
about
Wand PA
time
Wand PA
they
Wand PA
care
Wand PA

the_importer_
Feb 3, 2018, 10:52 PM
Only about 20 000 Atra weapons in player's hands, why? There's never been powerful weapons that could be so easily acquired in the game before this, what's stopping people? For about 10m, you can buy 2 Val weapons, merge them, grind that weapon to 35, get your Time Stone, buy the material from player shops, get your Atra weapon and affix it decently.

Zorak000
Feb 3, 2018, 10:59 PM
I think it's a bit early for them to be saying anything about episode 6, so I think we will get the wand pa for techer

GHNeko
Feb 3, 2018, 11:00 PM
Kreygasm IT WAS ALWAYS FATED Kreygasm NOW TE MAINS ARE ELATED Kreygasm FOR HOW WE HAVE WAITED Kreygasm FOR A PA THAT'S WAND-RELATED Kreygasm

Dark Mits
Feb 3, 2018, 11:07 PM
Only about 20 000 Atra weapons in player's hands, why? There's never been powerful weapons that could be so easily acquired in the game before this, what's stopping people? For about 10m, you can buy 2 Val weapons, merge them, grind that weapon to 35, get your Time Stone, buy the material from player shops, get your Atra weapon and affix it decently.Don't forget, quite a lot of players do not care about stats or defeating hard content.

final_attack
Feb 3, 2018, 11:09 PM
Oh btw, no news about other weapon's new PA or Type0 one? Since I barely use any class that didn't use Tmg ;w;

Zorak000
Feb 3, 2018, 11:19 PM
Only about 20 000 Atra weapons in player's hands, why? There's never been powerful weapons that could be so easily acquired in the game before this, what's stopping people? For about 10m, you can buy 2 Val weapons, merge them, grind that weapon to 35, get your Time Stone, buy the material from player shops, get your Atra weapon and affix it decently.

this reminds me of that picture of somebody with a 22% lightning atra rod with the partisan's S4 super ability on it

Silent_Flower
Feb 3, 2018, 11:19 PM

Personally, I already have a +230 sword, + 185 tmg, +220 talis qliphad set, I find it hard to justify to invest into Atra when there could be a new s class ability that would further boost the viability of it. Once affix, it would be expensive to re-affix because I would need another 8 slot saf astral soul and create ether factor again.

SteveCZ
Feb 3, 2018, 11:46 PM
Same reason here regarding to Atra, not because of the affixing being expensive though, but it's just not worth it to pay for everything new that comes out. The cycle is just too fast to affix something good unless Atra is what you've been waiting for since Gix or even worse, Austere.

Not that I know the future, but looking at current pace, I just feel Atra would be replaced by something new in just a few months as a weapon, though it will live for its S-Abilities to use, just like SAFs to make previous weapons to not become entirely worthless when new, better weapons come out.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 3, 2018, 11:46 PM

Because I have an affixed qliphad and fornis sword.

I'm waiting for a weapon at the end of this episode you know will be better than Atra.

ZER0 DX
Feb 4, 2018, 12:00 AM
Calling it now, we'll be getting Omega Austere NT by the end of the episode.

the_importer_
Feb 4, 2018, 12:13 AM
this reminds me of that picture of somebody with a 22% lightning atra rod with the partisan's S4 super ability on it

I don't see why my post would remind you of that, but anyway, the other points to my reply seem to be valid ones. Austere were the weapons to have when I left back in May 2016 and it looks like they remained that way for a little while longer. When I came back in the end of October however, they were a bit obsolete. The Basilis Enad I got during the Polytan EQ was nice to hold me over, but the Atra Rod (with S4) is pretty much the best weapon a Fo/Te could want outside of the mythical Eternal Psycho Drive.

Altiea
Feb 4, 2018, 12:15 AM
I don't see why my post would remind you of that, but anyway, the other points to my reply seem to be valid ones. Austere were the weapons to have when I left back in May 2016 and it looks like they remained that way for a little while longer. When I came back in the end of October however, they were a bit obsolete. The Basilis Enad I got during the Polytan EQ was nice to hold me over, but the Atra Rod (with S4) is pretty much the best weapon a Fo/Te could want outside of the mythical Eternal Psycho Drive.

Atra Rod is a pretty big exception because it solves a major problem with FO/TE as far as gearing is concerned. For most other classes, the upgrade to Atra isn't necessary if you have any of the endgame weapons (Qli, Nem-NT, Slave-NT) because they don't get anything out of it except a little more damage.

the_importer_
Feb 4, 2018, 12:18 AM
Atra Rod is a pretty big exception because it solves a major problem with FO/TE as far as gearing is concerned. For most other classes, the upgrade to Atra isn't necessary if you have any of the endgame weapons (Qli, Nem-NT, Slave-NT) because they don't get anything out of it except a little more damage.

Well if I'm being honest, I didn't really bother checking out the other S4 abilities. Guess they don't bring that much new to the table then.

ZER0 DX
Feb 4, 2018, 12:40 AM
Atra DB is another good exception just due to it's S4 ability. They're definitely worth the upgrade if the Atra either does something that offers a really good QoL adjustment to the class (and I'd say not needing a rainbow set of 14* DB's is a pretty nice one) or severely outclasses anything else like the Rod.

Flaoc
Feb 4, 2018, 12:46 AM
katana s4 quite literally is build-a-kazami

Moffen
Feb 4, 2018, 01:42 AM
Never losing perfect keeper because of lifesteal S4 was enough for me to retire my qliphad tmgs in exhange for those dwarven looking Atra tmgs ♡_♡)7

TakemiShinnosuke
Feb 4, 2018, 03:46 AM
Don't forget, quite a lot of players do not care about stats or defeating hard content.

Well there are filithy casuals and you have the "soul" hardcore type players who pour hours into stuff

i

Zephyrion
Feb 4, 2018, 05:24 AM
A lot of S4 are really good, be it QoL, utility, or synergizing with class
Rod, Gunslash and DB have been mentioned, but there are a few other noteworthy S4

-Boots : 120 seconds of shifta/deband on yourself. pretty nice four yourself and others, especially if your rainbow DB is covered. Adrenaline/Adrenaline ring can push it not very far from TE duration boost-wise, and we all know how important shifta/deband upkeep can be for BO. If you don't want to spend millions on your Atra, you can just affix S4 on itself and leave Atra as a buff station.

-Wand : Atra Wand is still the best whacking tool out there, and unlike Form also provides decent teching on top. Just that will make it hard to significantly power creep in the future, since we all know how Form remained undefeated for so long

-Bow : same reasoning, 3% on rapid shoot combined with CURRENT SSAs can give you a damage pot going over 20% for at least 3/4 of the time if you got Raikou. Just the existence of Photon reduction and added normal PP recovery on their own can make for some very nice added utility, since bow is pretty fond of those

-Rifle : impervious to flinch/launch when standing still. RA absolutely adores this one, because no, Massive Hunter is not enough in most raids, especially when your biggest multiplier and key PAs require you to stand still. Can literally change your playstyle and sub options.

That makes a handful of very solid ones already (could have added others since most of the S4 can see some decent niche uses, but had to choose personal winners). I can understand waiting for better SSAs, but I'd still argue that some Atra really just notably power crept some of the existing weapons. It just goes unnoticed because Hero doesn't really benefit from any S4 that is not GS one (and even this one is still arguably worth the trouble).

Electrochemist
Feb 4, 2018, 07:27 AM
Honestly, when will we find out more information on the Wand PA(s?)?

Because as a *wand boop* Techer main I'm literally so so so stoked about this news, I don't know if that PA is going to be useful for wand smacking purposes but it perhaps opens the window to more wand PAs which is fucking epic.

otakun
Feb 4, 2018, 07:36 AM
Honestly, when will we find out more information on the Wand PA(s?)?

Because as a *wand boop* Techer main I'm literally so so so stoked about this news, I don't know if that PA is going to be useful for wand smacking purposes but it perhaps opens the window to more wand PAs which is fucking epic.

It clearly says we will find out "in the future". If you need more details then that I hope you have someone who can see the future on retainer.

Electrochemist
Feb 4, 2018, 07:41 AM
It clearly says we will find out "in the future". If you need more details then that I hope you have someone who can see the future on retainer.

I wish I could see into the future.
:'(

cheapgunner
Feb 4, 2018, 11:46 AM
Wait, you can get more than 1 atra wep?

Anduril
Feb 4, 2018, 12:05 PM
Wait, you can get more than 1 atra wep?

You can get more Chronos Stones as a ridiculously rare drop from the Dragon rematch.

Moffen
Feb 4, 2018, 01:34 PM
New S-Class Special AbilitiesS2: Immediate Profusion (3% TAJA)

I just realised this was an S2,which justifies my constant astral/shoot vi 8s attempts.
4% damage from doublee edged sword,3 % damage from immediate profusion,4% damage from crit strike SSA and lifesteal S4.

With atras base 10% damage modifier and those SSAs being 11% together,thats 21% damage multi in total.
Thats insane aaaaa

milranduil
Feb 4, 2018, 01:38 PM
I just realised this was an S2,which justifies my constant astral/shoot vi 8s attempts.
4% damage from doublee edged sword,3 % damage from immediate profusion,4% damage from crit strike SSA and lifesteal S4.

With atras base 10% damage modifier and those SSAs being 11% together,thats 21% damage multi in total.
Thats insane aaaaa
keep in mind they are all multipliers, so it comes out to 22.5% in the end.

LordKaiser
Feb 4, 2018, 03:50 PM
Calling it now, we'll be getting Omega Austere NT by the end of the episode.It would be fair if they do that.

the_importer_
Feb 4, 2018, 04:01 PM
It would be fair if they do that.

As long as it's not a random drops like the Ult weapons and that we get to have scheduled PD EQ again, I'm all for it.

Loveless62
Feb 5, 2018, 11:27 AM
As long as it's not a random drops like the Ult weapons and that we get to have scheduled PD EQ again, I'm all for it.
I am pretty sure you will need to fight Omega PD for that, seeing where things are going.

LordKaiser
Feb 5, 2018, 12:38 PM

Should be a upgrade for Austere that likely may use newer materials that are not released yet. May be new types of Fuses or something.

ZER0 DX
Feb 5, 2018, 05:32 PM
I still have mine maxed out, so wouldn't mind if it just requires trading in the old one and an equivalent "fuse." I figure they still have the austere exchange items in the current badge shop for a reason.

RadiantLegend
Feb 5, 2018, 08:37 PM
I just want Austere NT daggers. I love those things too much.

Gaylar
Feb 5, 2018, 09:15 PM
There are purple Invade/Austere recolors still in the files yeah? I swear I remember them being mined months, if not a good year or so ago. Unless I'm imagining things

Maybe that'll be an upgrade- or maybe they'll throw them into es :wacko:

At this point I honestly wish I could just turn my damn Austere into a camo, rather than having it sit and rot in my inventory/storage. But an actual upgrade toward the end of this ep would be nice too.

Zorak000
Feb 5, 2018, 10:48 PM
I never saw a third invade/austere color. and believe you me I've looked at that old icon sheet WAY too much than I really should have (from episode 4 launch, it spoiled the FFXIV collab, you can also find stuff like gix, basilis, and some of the fornis weapons in it)

wahahaha
Feb 5, 2018, 11:29 PM
I never saw a third invade/austere color. and believe you me I've looked at that old icon sheet WAY too much than I really should have (from episode 4 launch, it spoiled the FFXIV collab, you can also find stuff like gix, basilis, and some of the fornis weapons in it)

Just like this guy said, no such thing was shown before.
https://puu.sh/zhEhF/e28b88fb2d.png

Some scrapped designs (Gix rear) and colour variations.

Zorak000
Feb 6, 2018, 12:54 AM
that's a basilis rear unit

there's also magatsu Evil weapons for all of the weapon types they dont cover already, ideal recolors, and a whole lot more, but honestly, I dont think there's much left we can gleam from that sheet other than "almost everything has 2 additional recolors, except invade/austere, fornis, and ideal (ideal has one recolor)"

Moffen
Feb 7, 2018, 06:22 PM
When are the new S-class abilities arriving?
I thought they'd be on the new tactio weapons but thats something else entirely oTL

Zephyrion
Feb 7, 2018, 06:26 PM
When are the new S-class abilities arriving?
I thought they'd be on the new tactio weapons but thats something else entirely oTL

Deadlion drops Val weapons and those have the SSAs you're looking for

Zorak000
Feb 7, 2018, 09:02 PM
deadlion seems to be only dropping the val gunslash; at least in terms of val weapons

Gaylar
Feb 9, 2018, 10:40 PM
that's a basilis rear unit

there's also magatsu Evil weapons for all of the weapon types they dont cover already, ideal recolors, and a whole lot more, but honestly, I dont think there's much left we can gleam from that sheet other than "almost everything has 2 additional recolors, except invade/austere, fornis, and ideal (ideal has one recolor)"

Well RIP, I could have sworn I saw something; though I suppose it would have been more discussed if it had actually existed, I'm likely remembering a previous mine on some other recolors. Bummer.

Zulastar
Feb 10, 2018, 11:51 PM
Ship 2 B-11 Erythorn "Expert" run.
https://i.imgur.com/JK0xfv9.jpg

We really need Expert requirements update ASAP, March is too late...

otakun
Feb 10, 2018, 11:55 PM

Based on because you out DPS'd your MPA once? Not really an alarm worthy point.

Zulastar
Feb 11, 2018, 12:11 AM
Based on because you out DPS'd your MPA once? Not really an alarm worthy point.

I'm just tired of running in same noobs in MPAs over and over again. I have 3500 atk and my gear is really oudated (solo PD release affixes) and do much better than this bunch of a slack. And they are expert...

otakun
Feb 11, 2018, 12:36 AM
I'm just tired of running in same noobs in MPAs over and over again. I have 3500 atk and my gear is really oudated (solo PD release affixes) and do much better than this bunch of a slack. And they are expert...

I can understand the frustration but there are tons of factors that could explain lack of DPS while still being an expert. One huge factor would clearly be as you even said, Slacking. There is no need for these people to put much effort into it as there is only one run which can easily be done slacking in 15 mins. Asking for 12 people to push to do their best in this kinda situation is asking a lot imo. Don't forget you're playing a game. Being an expert at the game doesn't mean they wont slack off especially when the situation doesn't call for it.

Also, its not like PSO2 doesn't give you the tools to avoid teaming with slackers but that requires too much effort, right? Asking for 12 people you KNOW will pull their weight constantly during a lull period of the game is a bit much in my experience.

Zysets
Feb 11, 2018, 03:55 AM
You realize that publically posting people's names and shaming them for game performance is exactly why Sega decided to make using parsing software a bannable offense, right? It's kind of a shitty thing to do.

TehCubey
Feb 11, 2018, 04:26 AM

Two things. First: like Zysets said, don't post peoples' names with parses attached. At least censor them out. It's public shaming which is shitty, it may get your ass banned if Sega notices (they usually don't give a crap, but if someone links this image and reports it to them, the proof will be right here), and worst case scenario, it may cause them to crack down on the parser.

Second, half the MPA was within 85-100% of your DPS. If they suck, so do you.

FantasyHeaven
Feb 11, 2018, 04:32 AM
Wand PAs are you serious?
There's no way they won't fuck it up in some manner
On the off chance that it's actually worthwhile I'll convert my 14* to wand without looking back

otakun
Feb 11, 2018, 04:34 AM
Two things. First: like Zysets said, don't post peoples' names with parses attached. At least censor them out. It's public shaming which is shitty, it may get your ass banned if Sega notices (they usually don't give a crap, but if someone links this image and reports it to them, the proof will be right here), and worst case scenario, it may cause them to crack down on the parser.

Second, half the MPA was within 85-100% of your DPS. If they suck, so do you.

Not to deter the convo too far, but think if you're against the shaming of names you shouldn't quote it which involves reposting it. Also, pretty sure he is only refering to the bottom 4-5 people, not the whole group.

Wand PAs are you serious?
There's no way they won't fuck it up in some manner
On the off chance that it's actually worthwhile I'll convert my 14* to wand without looking back

As a techer main seeing the current techer buffs, I aint getting my hopes up it will be worth converting for.

TehCubey
Feb 11, 2018, 04:36 AM
Fair point. Edited out. Also the bottom DPS often includes a Techer or two or people who are still learning the fight. It's just something that happens. Judging by the parse's time, the whole fight (mobs + dragon) took about 10, maybe 11 minutes. Not spectacular but it's not horrible so I dunno why he's complaining.

Zulastar
Feb 11, 2018, 07:37 AM
I dunno why he's complaining.

I'm complaining about same bodies go in replays and do same things which dragging normal people down and make them to fail.

Zephyrion
Feb 11, 2018, 09:14 AM
I'm complaining about same bodies go in replays and do same things which dragging normal people down and make them to fail.

Same old, same old. If you don't like being with randoms, then go alone or in organized settings. The moment you decide to go pug, you just cope with whatever happens to you, because there's not much else you can do anyway.
Besides, complaining on a forum about it will have no impact whatsoever. You can vent off however you want but this is not the place or thread where you do this anyway soooo

Sooo, yeah let's get back to topic, compound change, Pet buffs and wand PAs feels like Tech classes are getting some love again. me likey !

ArcaneTechs
Feb 11, 2018, 06:33 PM
point is people wont improve, stuck in their ways, casuals (duh the boogeyman!), do org runs! (cuz there wont be the few that are acting the same as pug) etc I mean people get mad when weapons are drop only i mean if that isnt casual "muh rng!" etc etc

same ol song and dance except people dont get good at the song and dance

Altrius Véurr
Feb 11, 2018, 08:54 PM

point is people wont improve, stuck in their ways, casuals (duh the boogeyman!), do org runs! (cuz there wont be the few that are acting the same as pug) etc I mean people get mad when weapons are drop only i mean if that isnt casual "muh rng!" etc etc

same ol song and dance except people dont get good at the song and dance

As mentioned, PSO2 is generally considered to be a game for the so-called filthy casuals, those who did not want, nor have time to invest in PSO2, and those of a certain age demographics. If you honestly do not like to deal with this, then get an organised group, join a team, get a party of whatever. Play with the people who you know are "hard-core" and don't freaking post the parse without censoring the names, because such reasons is not going to do you anything good if someone linked it to SEGA, and have it banned.

SEGA have the ability to create something that will prevent the parse from working, and this is something they didn't bother to as long as the privacy of the players are kept a secret. DPS-shamers and whatever, please remember that PSO2 is a game created for "casuals" as SEGA had put it, if you don't like it, get organised parties, if you are still complaining and insist on shaming the players without having the decency of censoring the names, start worrying that people might link this post to SEGA, because I assure you that this kind of forums for PSO2 and such (which can be google'd), is something that is known in the community even if they are from Japan (and I assure you that many would not hesitate to do such a thing once they see how you didn't even bother to censor the names).

As mentioned before, a good half of your MPA's DPS is within 85% to 100% of yours, and a ten minutes run is considered by all to be acceptable. Note that there are /support/ class players like Techers who generally /do not/ top DPS, and if your complaints is about /them/ being useless, then you can jolly say goodbye to having a good and fast run.

As Otakun mentioned, Dragon is /not/ at all a hard EQ, heck, there is little to no chance of people failing the Dragon EQ, and regardless of he/she being expert, the fact that the EQ is something passable even when they are slacking off is common knowledge. Just because they are /experts/ doesn't mean that they have to be excellent, for one, said expert could be experimenting or unlocking a new class to lvl 80, which they did not devote as much time too. Asking for a PuG of 12 to push to be their best in a EQ that can be passed even when slacking (and is, in my opinion, a pretty redundant and boring EQ - which is also the general opinion of quite a few people I know) is too much.

As mentioned, get an organised party, and a full team of MPA comprising of fellow "non-slackers" if you want.

/Censor/ the freaking parse for goodness sake, there is something call decency and privacy, and there is also an incident known as "SEGA-smacking-down-on-overparse-users". I have no doubt that SEGA is capable of utterly destroying and preventing the OverParse from working, they have the mind, the talent, and the money to make such a software.

If you continue to use multi-block matching during EQs, not getting your own organised group of like-minded players and expect a full MPA of people pushing to do their best, getting angry if they /don't/ then well...your problem.

And also, once again, I shall reiterate - censor your parse if you want to complain. Or better yet, don't complain at all. After all, if you continue to use multi-block matching, not getting a team of organised players to do the EQs then well...it's your own fault now. A group of organised players isn't that hard especially if you join an active team that advertised themselves as "hard-core".

LordKaiser
Feb 11, 2018, 09:11 PM
I'll be honest, I think that Aida should had dropped the support of parse plugin from the Tweaker. he/she din't did it to not be a downer but still.

Altrius Véurr
Feb 11, 2018, 09:25 PM
I'll be honest, I think that Aida should had dropped the support of parse plugin from the Tweaker. he/she din't did it to not be a downer but still.

To be honest, SEGA doesn't actually care if people use OverParse, in fact, the reason why they started cracking down on Parse users is because many of them are DPS-shaming, and not bothering to censor the players name. It is a bannable offense, but as long as no one try to upload it in public sites, upload without censoring and etc., SEGA would just look the other way. After all, SEGA have the capabilities to /create/ a software that blocks Parse entirely, they simply didn't bother. But I would not doubt that they /would/ if they see a revival of DPS-shamers and whatnot.

TehCubey
Feb 11, 2018, 09:51 PM

Nah. Due to PSO2's nature as an action RPG instead of a standard MMO with the tank-healer-dps roles and heavy focus on mechanics during boss battles, it's very hard to tell if you're doing well. This includes gear - two people with the exact same build and equipment can perform on vastly different levels depending whether they know what they're doing or not.

Because of that, in this game a parser is almost mandatory if you want to better yourself - see how well you fare during quests, and check the progress you've been making. Too many people think they're hot shit just because their affixes are good, but running an EQ with a parse active would be a rude awakening to them.

'Sides, if tweaker stops supporting the parser, that's just one more reason to stop using the tweaker.

Dark Mits
Feb 12, 2018, 01:25 AM
I'll be honest, I think that Aida should had dropped the support of parse plugin from the Tweaker. he/she din't did it to not be a downer but still.Do not blame the tool for the actions of its users. Prohibiting parse because people use it to name and shame isn't far off from asking to prohibit chatting because some people may use it to harass others.

snipped to save spaceIt's the opposite actually. Because the game is action and not traditional role-based rpg, a parser will not provide that much useful information on how to improve oneself, since pulling out huge numbers is less dependent on equipment and raw stats and more dependent on being able to avoid enemy attacks, reducing time doing non-dps actions (catch up to enemy, heal, etc), and being able to select the correct target swiftly. A parser will still provide information on how to improve yourself, but the benefit is miniscule compared to the rest.

TehCubey
Feb 12, 2018, 02:46 AM
It's the opposite actually. Because the game is action and not traditional role-based rpg, a parser will not provide that much useful information on how to improve oneself, since pulling out huge numbers is less dependent on equipment and raw stats and more dependent on being able to avoid enemy attacks, reducing time doing non-dps actions (catch up to enemy, heal, etc), and being able to select the correct target swiftly. A parser will still provide information on how to improve yourself, but the benefit is miniscule compared to the rest.

That's false. Your performance being less dependant on equipment and stats makes the parser more useful, not less. In a normal MMO where your performance is heavily gear-based, there's an easy way to judge if you're good or not - by your stats/item level. That, or by failing your role as a tank/healer/dps or failing the boss's specific mechanics, but if that happens then it's very easy to notice that you screwed up, so you know what you did wrong and how to improve on it.

In PSO2 there is no easy way. Also let's say I want to try out different rotations - PA combinations, or if you're a hero, whether it's better to switch weapons around or to stick to one, etc. Theorycrafting can only get you so far, but how can you judge what works better in practice? You need to parse. Sticking to one thing and not going past it because "that works good enough for me" is how we get so many rising slash holders.

Dark Mits
Feb 12, 2018, 04:24 AM
That's false. Your performance being less dependant on equipment and stats makes the parser more useful, not less. In a normal MMO where your performance is heavily gear-based, there's an easy way to judge if you're good or not - by your stats/item level. That, or by failing your role as a tank/healer/dps or failing the boss's specific mechanics, but if that happens then it's very easy to notice that you screwed up, so you know what you did wrong and how to improve on it.

In PSO2 there is no easy way. Also let's say I want to try out different rotations - PA combinations, or if you're a hero, whether it's better to switch weapons around or to stick to one, etc. Theorycrafting can only get you so far, but how can you judge what works better in practice? You need to parse. Sticking to one thing and not going past it because "that works good enough for me" is how we get so many rising slash holders.But you just explained why a parse isn't ideal for judging performance.

In traditional role-based rpgs, the parse will show you info like up damage per ability, uptime of (dot) abilities on boss, etc, which can only have meaning if there is no fight downtime. In action games, the majority of damage does NOT come from using the strongest ability currently not on cooldown, but from minimizing downtime. No amount of parsing will help someone who is bad at gap closing or avoiding enemy attacks become better.

TehCubey
Feb 12, 2018, 07:08 AM
You have a very inflexible view of what a parser can or can't be used for.

Aexorcet
Feb 12, 2018, 09:38 AM
In action games, the majority of damage does NOT come from using the strongest ability currently not on cooldown, but from minimizing downtime.

You're right to an extent, but if you break the gameplay down you'll probably find portions of it that just amount to maximizing DPS. Something like Deus core, or when Dragon's head comes down. One of the biggest problems that I faced when I branched off to other classes was trying to figure out how much damage I was actually doing. There is no good way to find out in game (*) and the rapid multi hit nature of certain attacks makes even getting a damage estimate pretty hard. Having parse information would have saved me from using a lot of sub optimal PA's.

* I've started going into Facility, waiting for a ship Ecode to pop up, and then attack the power source with only one shield generator down for a minute of 2. Super inconvenient, but I guess it's the best you can do without a parser.

Zulastar
Feb 12, 2018, 10:53 AM
That's false. Your performance being less dependant on equipment and stats makes the parser more useful, not less.
I run today's 12 ppl dragon without rematch with my 2nd character and saw a guy there with Weila/205 atk on each unit. He done a same damage as me while I'm geared at full Qliphad with cheapest affixes to 100 atk on them.
Well I dream about same equipment but can't afford it mostly 'cause I can't get myself a Weila and do proper affixes due to luck lacking. If I had these I could increase my performance by 1.5-2 times and always have top places or just solo EQ and never complain about someones weakness.
But I continue to do so because I depend of other player's performance and I'm hurt to see this situation.

Kondibon
Feb 12, 2018, 11:11 AM
If I had these I could increase my performance by 1.5-2 timesIncreasing your atk by 300 isn't going to improve your dps by 1.5-2x...

LordKaiser
Feb 12, 2018, 11:12 AM
Yeah, yeah I see you guys like the parse tool, As long as the Tweaker is not in danger then I don't care, I don't like SEGA to implement stuff against the tweaker to just block the OP tool. It haven't happened yet on these years thought , just keep it to yourself.

Zulastar
Feb 12, 2018, 01:34 PM
Increasing your atk by 300 isn't going to improve your dps by 1.5-2x...

Then how can you explain exact that level of difference between my numbers and these which I saw at solo Atrum run videos? That's not PA dmg increasing drink 'cause common attack and sword weapon action (uncharged like ~3000 vs ~5000 per hit) dmg's bigger too.

Yeah, yeah I see you guys like the parse tool,
I don't like it and a month ago I didn't had it at all.
When I palyed World of Warcraft dps parsing was a mandatory there. Then was Tera with same problems.
I feel much better in Blade and Soul which don't have or need that 'cause there is a simple rule: do or die.
And here I was forced (by users of that forum BTW) to use parsing tool again...
When my result depend on other's performance I want to know about who spoils everything.

Loveless62
Feb 12, 2018, 04:47 PM
Then how can you explain exact that level of difference between my numbers and these which I saw at solo Atrum run videos? That's not PA dmg increasing drink 'cause common attack and sword weapon action (uncharged like ~3000 vs ~5000 per hit) dmg's bigger too.
Would weak hit bonus drink work better for this fight?

Try making sure you have all of the buffs:

Meat Stir Fry
Shortcake/Meat Ration (conflicts with triboost donut)
Maximized Omega Timed Abilities (70 atk?)
Team Tree Attack bonus
Drink (Weak Hit?)

Someone help if I am forgetting any.

Also never lose Hero Boost.

Aexorcet
Feb 12, 2018, 05:11 PM
Try making sure you have all of the buffs:

Meat Stir Fry
Shortcake/Meat Ration (conflicts with triboost donut)
Maximized Omega Timed Abilities (70 atk?)
Team Tree Attack bonus
Drink (Weak Hit?)

Someone help if I am forgetting any.

I don't have a precise list, but from my rough math the difference between being well equipped with Shifta Drink vs well equipped with Team Tree + TA + buffs and damage/weakpoint drink varies from 20% to 30% more damage.

Golgotha
Feb 13, 2018, 03:47 AM
This all could be real dandy if improving in dragon could lead to anything but saving few minutes of waiting until atrum.
Nonexperts clear dragon all the same, you could affix veila shmeila 500 atk, gap close faster, what gives.

Its designed to provide excrutiating diminishing returns to any extra effort you put in the game, you get less and less for more time and effort invested.

Game rules don't endorse gearing up above certain point for anything but self imposed challenge. I'd understand if you had to get your humble outdated 3500 stats to gods know what amount you find decent, – to be able to hurt some titanium eldritch dragons of lvl190 in full party that give more unique stuff, and people without ultra instinct weapons wouldnt be able to scratch them or die from some random burning status or couldnt move fast enough compared to them, add your version there.
But you don't, you have a red dragon in five difficulties and also a sixth black one, out of which only two matter anything at all (you can just buy val and other materials), and I would even argue about utility of clearing the black one, since its sprinkle of sub10star cubes is hardly more rewarding than uploading solo clear or showing that dragon parse with you leading it. I mean, what would you do in that quest without parse, hey.

Dark Mits
Feb 13, 2018, 06:12 AM
Snip to save spaceDon't forget the players who multiship. 1min difference could mean an extra run or being on time for Atrum.

The fact about diminishing returns is actually sign of good game design. If rewards increased lineraly based on effort/result, then pro players would be demolishing content within the same day it came out and there would be nothing to do until the next update, and the gap between pro and casuals in equipment would be simply impossible to bridge in future updates.

The 6th difficulty's purpose is moreso about bragging rights, and to also have a chance at an ultra rare item (in this case second Time Chronos Stone or what it's called). We can argue that the chance to get is too low for any grinding to be meaningful, but the point holds: it's a reward currently unobtainable by any other means in the game.

Arada
Feb 13, 2018, 07:37 AM
But since the drop rate is too absurdly low, even veterans like me do not treat it as a possible reward.
Technically, I'm not running the dragon because the EQ is very boring and because there's nothing to gain (no 14* don't exist, it's all Luck bases, not merit-based).

ArcaneTechs
Feb 13, 2018, 12:13 PM
Increasing your atk by 300 isn't going to improve your dps by 1.5-2x...

but 300 atk is a pretty big difference

Zorak000
Feb 13, 2018, 12:26 PM
im stocking up on 5+ slot omega reveries, then merging them together with mutation IIs to affix stuff later with ares+omega+mutation II and two other things depending on what character the unit is for

though right now I got way too many omega reverie units and not enough mutaiton II units

Zulastar
Feb 14, 2018, 10:09 AM
im stocking up on 5+ slot omega reveries, then merging them together with mutation IIs to affix stuff later with ares+omega+mutation II and two other things depending on what character the unit is for

though right now I got way too many omega reverie units and not enough mutaiton II units

I got 2 character's storages filled with 6s Deus factor, Omega reverie and Mutation II units... but I don't want to spend these to common Izane or Elveda, but I can't get myself Weila neither body, nor arms...

Golgotha
Feb 15, 2018, 05:52 AM
The fact about diminishing returns is actually sign of good game design. If rewards increased lineraly based on effort/result, then pro players would be demolishing content within the same day it came out and there would be nothing to do until the next update, and the gap between pro and casuals in equipment would be simply impossible to bridge in future updates.

I agree, it would be a good game design, but in our case grinding is still linear, it just that any upgrade is a one step procedure cutting off utility of an item that was required. So that if you decide to grind further, it would be less rewarding, not because you get less but because you simply don't get anything else. It just turns into piles of stuff you don't need anymore, even if it was produced by scheduled limited to one run quests that often also have to use CF to facilitate catastrophically low rates of rare weapons, which player might not even need more than once but still wants to get some.
That also wouldn't be nearly as noticeable if we weren't stuck in 2015 where you also looked for 13s in extra hard. That is, they are careful with rewards because they have to shuffle items around to provide an extremely calculated and restricted progression where you first get 13s, then some NT version, then also a hp leech one and an upgrade of an old 13s, then also one that can have SSA on it, etc.

I mean its quite convenient to have challenge quests that only serve to sort players by how fast they multiship farming quests. But then this parser talk is actually about one sort of dragon farmers looking down on another sort of dragon farmers.

It gets gradually more hilarious, because I believe that they would have to do many many expert blocks and conditions to separate these lvl 20 players from those lvl 20 players too, if someone really smart didn't lay out progression for the next 20 levels and introduced difficulties that could make it potentially easier to tell if you are a big enough boy to run this lvl40 quest instead of having to run parser extreme quest first to find that out.