PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on new Menacing Castle Limited Quest?

MasterGunz2345
Feb 8, 2018, 01:09 AM
Already I miss the Enchanted Forest/Beckoning Woods LQ lol this new LQ is meh to me since it feels like Buster Quests just shortened/butchered due to no towers to defend, can be completed within five minutes or more, less enemies compared to Enchanted Forests, no alternate routes leading to either gold tagami or joker, etc. The only purpose I see in doing this LQ is for the 12* arm unit but other than that, I really wish they kept the Enchanted Forest LQ. Least we got triggers for them but still, I hate this new LQ feels lackluster compared to Enchanted Forest. What are your thoughts on this new LQ though?

Sirius-91
Feb 8, 2018, 01:10 AM
I hate it, it's so easy to do, not as fun as the Beckoning Woods.

MasterGunz2345
Feb 8, 2018, 01:12 AM
I hate it, it's so easy to do, not as fun as the Beckoning Woods.

My thoughts exactly. Really missing the beautiful scenery of the Enchanted Forest on top of the PSO jungle music they used D:

Altiea
Feb 8, 2018, 02:09 AM
It's fast Badge grinding. 20 Badges per run on XH, but significantly faster due to the straightforwardness of the Quest. Beckoning Woods is much better aesthetically, creatively, and loot-wise, but Castle is awesome for fast Badges.

doomdragon83
Feb 8, 2018, 02:51 AM
It's fast Badge grinding. 20 Badges per run on XH, but significantly faster due to the straightforwardness of the Quest. Beckoning Woods is much better aesthetically, creatively, and loot-wise, but Castle is awesome for fast Badges.
I agree with this, this is better for badges and Val weapons drop here too. As for exp, BW was better as far as I can tell.
Too bad MC doesn't count as a buster quest.

Meteor Weapon
Feb 8, 2018, 04:05 AM
BQ was already a mess from the start, an LQ that's based on it isn't gonna make it better aesthetically or gameplay wise.

Dark Mits
Feb 8, 2018, 04:06 AM
To chime in, there is also no sense of exploring or dungeon-crawling, like there was with Enchanted Forest. It feels like that Kuron time attack: typical arcade "put together in a hurry" quest to satisfy players who want rewards and do not care about gameplay.

Surprisingly, I have seen more people die than what I used to see in Enchanted Forest. Maybe because of the general gung-ho mentality.

-=EDIT=-
Now if they put more walls to create a mazelike layout that required 15-20mins to reach Ghasud, that would make it more interesting.

Altiea
Feb 8, 2018, 04:24 AM
To chime in, there is also no sense of exploring or dungeon-crawling, like there was with Enchanted Forest. It feels like that Kuron time attack: typical arcade "put together in a hurry" quest to satisfy players who want rewards and do not care about gameplay.

Surprisingly, I have seen more people die than what I used to see in Enchanted Forest. Maybe because of the general gung-ho mentality.

-=EDIT=-
Now if they put more walls to create a mazelike layout that required 15-20mins to reach Ghasud, that would make it more interesting.

Interesting, sure, but it wouldn't be more fun to play, necessarily. Not to mention it'd make it far worse for Badge grinding assuming the same rates.

Dark Mits
Feb 8, 2018, 04:37 AM
Interesting, sure, but it wouldn't be more fun to play, necessarily. Not to mention it'd make it far worse for Badge grinding assuming the same rates.Rewards can always be adjusted for a quest's duration/difficulty. A 5min quest that gives 20 badges is nearly the same as a 20min quest that gives 80. The main difference being that if you have to leave during a quest, the "cost" is greater for the longer quest, as well as the fact that it is more likely to have "thinner" groups for longer quests.

-=EDIT=-
Let's not forget that reward is the main drive behind player activity in online games. It's the reason why people cared to do Elder+Loser with 500% extra hp, which led to some runs exceeding 30mins.

Altiea
Feb 8, 2018, 04:48 AM
Rewards can always be adjusted for a quest's duration/difficulty. A 5min quest that gives 20 badges is nearly the same as a 20min quest that gives 80. The main difference being that if you have to leave during a quest, the "cost" is greater for the longer quest, as well as the fact that it is more likely to have "thinner" groups for longer quests.

-=EDIT=-
Let's not forget that reward is the main drive behind player activity in online games. It's the reason why people cared to do Elder+Loser with 500% extra hp, which led to some runs exceeding 30mins.

Runs exceeding 30 minutes are straight up bad runs, but I get your point. Part of the incentive of running Elder + Loser was also because them not dying in 5 minutes also made them far more fun to fight, so it wasn't totally reward based, although rewards were a large part of it.

The reason I made the badge argument is because Beckoning Woods gives the exact same Badge rate for a Quest that's at least 50% longer than Castle, which makes Castle just straight up better for Badges.

Electrochemist
Feb 8, 2018, 06:46 AM
I really enjoyed Beckoning Woods but I ran it ALOT so it's nice to see something different. However, it does feel a bit too straightforward... nothing special or different about it, and EXP is about half as good.

If you ask me, the best LQ we've ever had was the Odin one. That was really really fun and I miss it so much.

Masu
Feb 8, 2018, 07:26 AM
It could have been nice but the rushrushRUSH is killing it for me. Also it's infuriating to be caught by stunlock while markers don't even show up. I guess it's my web but GRRRRRR. To finish if people could think just few seconds and realize than splitting in groups for handling mobs pack would be way more efficient than following each other . 4 in center and 2 for each side would be nice...

Edit: Odin LQ was a very fun one. +1

Aexorcet
Feb 8, 2018, 09:05 AM
I actually didn't like the Enchanted Forest very much, part of that is because I want a few thousand badges and I was grinding it like mad, but it didn't really feel like anything special either. Stuff spawned and then usually died quickly and then you moved on to the next spawn. The fight with Omega Hunar at the end could be fun, but that wasn't the majority of the quest. I also don't like some of the spawn tactics used by the AI, where they appear behind you and attack you while you're blind sided. I know that's basically how the game has been forever, but the Minotaurs and Luda Sorcerer reskins are really good at making it annoying.

Menacing Castle isn't great either but I think I'm liking it more than I did Forest. I'll have to see if that's still true in a week. Opposite of Forest though, it ends on a low note. BQ castle fights are terrible, and the run up the arm at the end to kill the core still feels as hollow as ever. It will also be exactly the same every single time.

Arada
Feb 8, 2018, 09:28 AM
This LQ is the pinacle of non-creativity from Sega.

Masu
Feb 8, 2018, 10:07 AM
*snip* I know that's basically how the game has been forever, but the Minotaurs and Luda Sorcerer reskins are really good at making it annoying.*snip*

Errrr but it's even worse with castle...That's mostly why I said it would be nice if people split in groups, mostly to intercept the sorcerer which are a lot more annoying in Castle LQ imho.

I bet you're wrong...or at least it's a temporary pinacle :rolleyes:

Arada
Feb 8, 2018, 10:37 AM
Yeah, it might be temporary. Sega never fails to impress on that part.
But really, really? A fucking corridor? -_-

silo1991
Feb 8, 2018, 11:09 AM

i expected something like this in EP4 .

my main complain about this LQ is : it doesnt count as a BQ , another thing i notice the castle is more agresive in that LQ

also i want to see new aquatic darkers like stingrays , octopus or squids, sharks , starfish ,and sea shells

TehCubey
Feb 8, 2018, 04:28 PM
i expected something like this in EP4 .

Lol.

Ep 4 haters really are desperate to create a narrative where the episode was literally the worst thing that happened to PSO2. Even though ep 5 has been total dreck so far in terms of creativity, plot, and quest design, it's always "not as bad as ep 4", "the game is still recovering from ep 4", etc etc.

The power of denial is a powerful one indeed.

manthisis
Feb 8, 2018, 05:41 PM
The last LQ gave phenomenal exp to the point that i could max out a character in two days. This one doesn't have any exp boosts.

Will the EXP boosts ever happen? Is this still the best way to level or is there another way?

Flatflyer
Feb 8, 2018, 05:49 PM
I like the fact this quest gives you a constant slew of large groups of aggressive mobs to fend off, feels a lot less boring than forest was with 40% of its spawns being "orc that throws barrels in a direction and just stands there"

visually forest was much more interesting though, I'll give it that.

if anything this LQ just really makes me want sega to make an actual "Colosseum" mission where the party has to fend off constantly spawning in waves of mobs (like kuron TA), no moon atomizers, your party just has to survive as long as they can and the farther you get, the better the drops.

millefeuille
Feb 8, 2018, 07:50 PM
https://i.imgur.com/fHS1q1e.gif

Meteor Weapon
Feb 8, 2018, 10:55 PM
Lol.

Ep 4 haters really are desperate to create a narrative where the episode was literally the worst thing that happened to PSO2. Even though ep 5 has been total dreck so far in terms of creativity, plot, and quest design, it's always "not as bad as ep 4", "the game is still recovering from ep 4", etc etc.

EP4 presented more new stuff to do and fixes that should have been done for a long time I'll give it that. Plot wise, EP5 turned into a "I don't really care anymore do whatever" kind of thing because they rushed the hell out of the story. And I hated BQ with passion because of how screwed up the multi party system they did from my first impression.

aiMute
Feb 8, 2018, 11:46 PM
Anyone got arm?

Lol.

Wow, someone actually liked ep4 with sHitsugi and Co! I guess KMR efforts at shitting up everything so people like his animey entry episode were at least 1 person successful,w

Meteor Weapon
Feb 9, 2018, 12:00 AM
Foreigners don't take EP4's story very well, JP's are...fine with it i guess.

Altiea
Feb 9, 2018, 12:22 AM
Anyone got arm?

Wow, someone actually liked ep4 with sHitsugi and Co! I guess KMR efforts at shitting up everything so people like his animey entry episode were at least 1 person successful,w

I think you missed the point completely. He's not saying that EP4 is good, he's saying that people are grasping at straws trying to insinuate that EP5 is any better than EP4.

Flaoc
Feb 9, 2018, 01:20 AM
well.. ep5 made the classes play better so thats a + over ep4 (granted launch ep5 is what made them decide they need to make everything else play good.. release hero was a meme)

pkemr4
Feb 9, 2018, 01:39 AM
not being able to see the stun line makes this LQ quite annoying when your screen is filled with mobs + red hue

ArcaneTechs
Feb 9, 2018, 02:30 AM
if forest LQ didnt take 10-20mins a run id be all for it still but i prefer this way more

rawwk
Feb 9, 2018, 02:35 AM
This one will prolly give good exp if it gets boosted like the previous one. I'll prolly do it if it does get boosted to level my other classes, but right now I'm good since I already got the arm in my 3rd run...

Dark Mits
Feb 9, 2018, 02:53 AM
Every episode has its ups and downs. EP5 is VERY lacklaster (sp?) on the content side, which was a surprise considering the fact that EP4 was heavily criticised for providing way too little new content. Not only that, but it also introduced the highest (relative) player power creep the game has had, and this works against bridging the gap between casuals/experts/pros/sparse players/etc, as well as introduces problems when trying to design new content that "fits everyone".

Let's not turn this into another EP4 vs EP5 topic.

aiMute
Feb 9, 2018, 04:32 AM
I think you missed the point completely. He's not saying that EP4 is good, he's saying that people are grasping at straws trying to insinuate that EP5 is any better than EP4.
Ah, my bad.

well.. ep5 made the classes play better so thats a + over ep4 (granted launch ep5 is what made them decide they need to make everything else play good.. release hero was a meme)
I actually preferred end of ep4 balance, except PP part. Too much turbo mode that desn't keep fit in with pso2 dynamic.

which was a surprise considering the fact that EP4 was heavily criticised for providing way too little new content.
Wanted to write a lot but, yea, not the thread, not same shit again, so will just say that KMR is greedy little bitch as usual.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 9, 2018, 05:07 AM
Every episode has its ups and downs. EP5 is VERY lacklaster (sp?) on the content side, which was a surprise considering the fact that EP4 was heavily criticised for providing way too little new content. Not only that, but it also introduced the highest (relative) player power creep the game has had, and this works against bridging the gap between casuals/experts/pros/sparse players/etc, as well as introduces problems when trying to design new content that "fits everyone".

Let's not turn this into another EP4 vs EP5 topic.
in terms if content i guess (id say overall), Ep4/5 are flatout bad no matter whos behind it

Saffran
Feb 9, 2018, 07:13 AM
It's a bit too straightforward. Beckoning Woods was too (oh, an enchanted forest where you will lose yourself because it's so eerie - except you just need to go forward and kill shit and you will, in fact, never get lost) but at least it had a tiny bit of variation.
This one only has one enemy that may or may not spawn. It's basically buster quest without busters and phases and whatnots.
Go home, you're drunk. Like, seriously.

LordKaiser
Feb 9, 2018, 10:00 AM
This LQ is crap compared to the forest... At least Forest had enough enemies for everyone to gain DB but this one have just a few enemies that are easily cleared out.

Dark Mits
Feb 9, 2018, 11:54 AM
This LQ is crap compared to the forest... At least Forest had enough enemies for everyone to gain DB but this one have just a few enemies that are easily cleared out.When damage output is low, everyone will get DB during the 2 Resta Golems...

ArcaneTechs
Feb 9, 2018, 04:40 PM
This LQ is crap compared to the forest... At least Forest had enough enemies for everyone to gain DB but this one have just a few enemies that are easily cleared out.
stop being bad, you dont even need DB to clear this LQ either especially when people are still using it right on castle arms instead of sooner still just like BEQ

LordKaiser
Feb 9, 2018, 06:35 PM
stop being bad, you dont even need DB to clear this LQ either especially when people are still using it right on castle arms instead of sooner still just like BEQI don't need DB to clear it, it's easy enough as it is. I just wanted it to last a bit longer.

Stormwalker
Feb 9, 2018, 10:18 PM
This LQ is sleep-inducing boring. Especially if you have a competent techer who Zondeels all the packs together so they get instakilled, as we did in the run I was just in. Oh, sure, the rewards are great, but rewards do not equal fun. I'd rather go solo a fun quest for crap rewards than grind out easy badges, and as soon as I finish my bingo card that's what I'm going to do.

Of course, finishing my bingo card may require waiting for Endless Belligerence to show up since queuing for BQ at the moment appears to be futile.

I'd much rather have just kept the forest. That was actually pretty fun.

Zorak000
Feb 9, 2018, 10:40 PM
on the other hand; you could probably farm up enough Hang Bodes to make Astral Soul with a decent number of slots, and possibly a Sentence ability too :v

Moffen
Feb 10, 2018, 03:10 AM
I'd much rather have just kept the forest. That was actually pretty fun.

Its still there,but in trigger form. The trigger drops quite frequently,ive amassed 14 of them in total from the new LQ alone.
So,its something at least.

NightlightPro
Feb 10, 2018, 04:56 AM
the camera is so glitchy on this 1

Zephyrion
Feb 10, 2018, 05:28 AM
Of course, finishing my bingo card may require waiting for Endless Belligerence to show up since queuing for BQ at the moment appears to be futile.

If you don't want to wait you can play/replay story BQ solo. if you go alone, towers and piles are so tanky it's literally impossible to fail. Only issue is that dealing with castle phase actually is a bit slow but nothing too bad if you are Hero Gunner or any other class with a ready burst for it

Saffran
Feb 10, 2018, 07:29 AM
>if you go alone, towers and piles are so tanky it's literally impossible to fail
Is this sarcasm or was it changed at some point? I remember trying and failing the mission within one minute.

Poyonche
Feb 10, 2018, 08:11 AM
>if you go alone, towers and piles are so tanky it's literally impossible to fail
Is this sarcasm or was it changed at some point? I remember trying and failing the mission within one minute.

It was changed at some point. Now Towers and Piles HP scales of players number.