PDA

View Full Version : ENGAGE THE RIDEROIDS for Mother Boost!

Altiea
Feb 20, 2018, 09:51 PM
Racing the Phantom Mother (2/21~3/7)

Enemy: HP +100%, ATK +100%
Rare Drop Rate/EXP +150%!
Astra Weapon/Unit Drop Rate UP!

Added to Drop Table:
-- Deus/Yamato 14* weapons!
-- Conqueror's Crest! (Used to purchase 14* weapons)
-- Special Camos! (*Coat Doublis)
-- Val Ars! This Val Ars possesses a brand new Super Special Ability that can only be acquired from this Emergency Quest!

Added to Drop Table: (2/21~2/28 )
-- Slave-NT Series

Added to Drop Table: (2/28~3/7)
-- Nemesis-NT Series

Kintama
Feb 21, 2018, 02:16 AM
More like afk for one minute on every run

ArcaneTechs
Feb 21, 2018, 02:26 AM
Added to Drop Table: (2/21~2/28 )
-- Slave-NT Series

Added to Drop Table: (2/28~3/7)
-- Nemesis-NT Series
the more and more the keep pulling this bs like the Weila Arm, the more and more i feel compelled to skip gimmicky crap like this the next time they do it because they'll just make it easier to obtain it again than waste time and farm it the first time around with lower rates. theyve pulled this so many times throughout the years i wish i didnt fall for it

Dark Mits
Feb 21, 2018, 03:09 AM
the more and more the keep pulling this bs like the Weila Arm, the more and more i feel compelled to skip gimmicky crap like this the next time they do it because they'll just make it easier to obtain it again than waste time and farm it the first time around with lower rates. theyve pulled this so many times throughout the years i wish i didnt fall for itThis is pretty much typical across the board, not just for PSO2. What was once rare becomes common with updates. I burnt out of WoW due to that. My advice is to just stop farming rng content and just make do with whatever has 100% drop chance, like CFs. It's not like Slave/Nemesis-NT or 14*s are mandatory to clear content. If you get a rare item as a surprise, all the better.

Shinamori
Feb 21, 2018, 05:10 AM
So, there was a HP boost, right? Sure didn't feel like it.

final_attack
Feb 21, 2018, 05:12 AM
1 ........ Conqueror Crest when the quest's done ._.
Need 500 to get ☆14・・・And another 2500 to max grind it .....

Anyone got more than 1? It seems it can drop 2 piece .....
still extremely far to get max grind 35 ._.

Altiea
Feb 21, 2018, 05:24 AM
It's currently being assumed that the 30 cap is an oversight.

final_attack
Feb 21, 2018, 05:30 AM
It's currently being assumed that the 30 cap is an oversight.

Well, hopefully it's an oversight.
That 3,000 piece is very extreme to get max grind.
Even at 500 .... if people are busy and can only do 1-2 EQ per day (if possible), it might be months to get 1 ....

I'll just hope all ☆14 will be listed on Zieg's (the same day it's implemented for newer one) ._.

Masu
Feb 21, 2018, 05:31 AM
1 ........ Conqueror Crest when the quest's done ._.
Need 500 to get ☆14・・・And another 2500 to max grind it .....

Anyone got more than 1?
Same here
On the bright side just pick up those crest and forget about it...How many runs did you make in the hope to get a random drop? Now at least we get something which concretely help to get closer of this goal even if it will be slooooooow as fuck. Jupiter tullus: WANT.

Also the eq didn't felt any different until the last part where you get ohko for I don't know which reason (had 1.8k hp)...My DB got rekt in 2 hits before I had the chnce to press heal button...That's where I totally see Bo/Hu is safer to play than Bo/Fi :D

echofaith
Feb 21, 2018, 05:37 AM
Welp, no partizan yet. By the time they add the spear, or by the time I even get enough crests, chances are a better line will already be out. The bright side of this is that I can keep skiping EQs without much loss :p

Suirano
Feb 21, 2018, 05:54 AM
The final part felt like the only change. Seemed a bit longer to beat her in that phase and everything she did hurt. I noticed the Elder hand hit really hard to in the first half though.

catwat
Feb 21, 2018, 06:13 AM
Even at 500 .... if people are busy and can only do 1-2 EQ per day (if possible), it might be months to get 1 ....

I'll just hope all ☆14 will be listed on Zieg's (the same day it's implemented for newer one) ._.

It's going to be +35. A while ago i exchanged a tokyo weapon for Shoot VI SAF fodder and it also came +35 right away. The preview in exchange just always shows grind max 30 which is misleading.

final_attack
Feb 21, 2018, 06:21 AM
It's going to be +35. A while ago i exchanged a tokyo weapon for Shoot VI SAF fodder and it also came +35 right away. The preview in exchange just always shows grind max 30 which is misleading.

Ah, good to know then ....
Thanks!

Edit : it seems it might take me 6 months to get that ..... if no EQ missed, assuming only get 1 crest per run. I heard it can go up to 3 per run (but it can also 0) ......
Well, will be cut down from campaign rewards too.

Altiea
Feb 21, 2018, 06:45 AM
Ah, good to know then ....
Thanks!

Edit : it seems it might take me 6 months to get that ..... if no EQ missed, assuming only get 1 crest per run. I heard it can go up to 3 per run (but it can also 0) ......
Well, will be cut down from campaign rewards too.

Don't forget that you can get them from Solo XQ 3 as Title Rewards (one clear Title per class).

final_attack
Feb 21, 2018, 06:51 AM
Yea, will have to wait too.
Hoping for all kind of ☆14is available in Zieg in the future (including all newly implemented one, not just select old) while waiting for the crest to pile up.

Altiea
Feb 21, 2018, 06:58 AM
Mother now has enough HP to last a few more minutes and drag out cube phase, and hits hard enough to one-shot glass cannons. Otherwise basically the same fight.

On the upside, they weren't joking around about that Astra drop rate boost. Had an Astra Bow, Astra Rear, and Astra Leg drop on me all at the same time during my first run.

the_importer_
Feb 21, 2018, 07:16 AM

Hopefully, someone will be able to confirm if this is the case for these 14☆ weapons soon enough.

Spellbinder
Feb 21, 2018, 11:18 AM
Anyone have luck with Nemesis drops? I wasn't able to make it today. :(

Loveless62
Feb 21, 2018, 02:26 PM
Lavis Cannon rainbow pallete, here I come!

Even if the max grind for the 14☆s are somehow only +30, don't forget that there are other options for raising the max grind, such as purchasing the +1s that come from battle arena. You can also purchase weapon specific +1s at the class cube exchange shop (from the recycle guy). As extremely unpleasant as the grind for 1500 class cubes would be to finish the +35 grind maximum ^^;, I am willing to bet it would be faster than farming 2500 extra crests.

Also, all of those 14☆s are still plenty good when only ground to +30. As long as you have the weapon element at 60 and the level 3 potential, the weapon will still have almost all of its power.

What you did with the Tokyo weapon at Zieg was an UPGRADE, not a purchase of a new weapon (like one of the 14☆s). I am afraid that this does not actually indicate if a purchased 14☆s will come out with +35 maximum grind, as it is a separate type of shop interaction.

milranduil
Feb 21, 2018, 02:45 PM
something to also keep in mind is all of the zieg trade-ins only show the item you're getting. no affix, no slot number, no element, no %. it's possible the 14* may still be 35cap due to bad coding on the display window, but it's likely that we are in fact getting 30cap. hope you have class cubes/a LOT of meseta.

while it does suck assuming its 30cap only, the actual difference is pretty small, 5% of the weapon's +0 attack which, in most cases, is <2% damage difference. abi4 sucks anyway.

GreenArcher
Feb 21, 2018, 03:12 PM
Do the Conqueror Crest drop from triggers?

the_importer_
Feb 21, 2018, 03:17 PM
What you did with the Tokyo weapon at Zieg was an UPGRADE, not a purchase of a new weapon (like one of the 14☆s). I am afraid that this does not actually indicate if a purchased 14☆s will come out with +35 maximum grind, as it is a separate type of shop interaction.

Makes more sense. I'm personally not gonna make a fuss over getting an Eternal Psycho Drive. Sure it's better than my Atra Zemus, but not enough to go crazy by collecting that many crests.

Altiea
Feb 21, 2018, 03:25 PM
Makes more sense. I'm personally not gonna make a fuss over getting an Eternal Psycho Drive. Sure it's better than my Atra Zemus, but not enough to go crazy by collecting that many crests.

I was gonna say "get EPD and turn your Atra into a Talis", then I remembered that you hate Talis. So...

Terrence
Feb 21, 2018, 04:52 PM
What you did with the Tokyo weapon at Zieg was an UPGRADE, not a purchase of a new weapon (like one of the 14☆s). I am afraid that this does not actually indicate if a purchased 14☆s will come out with +35 maximum grind, as it is a separate type of shop interaction.Indeed. What they were saying on JP sites, HERE (http://blog.livedoor.jp/menuguildsystem/archives/1070150724.html) for example, is that the +30 is not a mistake, it's totally real. But since this is the first time we'll have to work on the overgrind of 14☆ weapons from +30 to +35 ourselves, nothing says the process will be the same as it has been until now for other weapons. -HOPE-

the_importer_
Feb 21, 2018, 05:59 PM
I was gonna say "get EPD and turn your Atra into a Talis", then I remembered that you hate Talis. So...

If one at +35 would drop after an EQ, I would convert my Atra rod to a wand for my Te/Hu, my full elemental set of submit moon is starting to show it's age.

Tunga
Feb 21, 2018, 06:18 PM
But since this is the first time we'll have to work on the overgrind of 14☆ weapons from +30 to +35

All that work for what? 3-5% dmg at most? People making a fuss over nothing.

Geistritter
Feb 21, 2018, 06:22 PM
3-5% damage is a big deal to some people. It's not insignificant just because it's insignificant to you.

Dark Mits
Feb 21, 2018, 06:31 PM
+30 also means that you don't get free 100% Ability IV affix, correct?

Altiea
Feb 21, 2018, 06:47 PM

Right. That's pretty much the only thing you're missing out on besides the extra 5% ATK.

echofaith
Feb 21, 2018, 07:13 PM
I only take upgrading seriously when it means at least 15% DPS increase from what I have. In the case of the level cap being 30, it would bother me because of my OCD, but the damage difference wont shave more than maybe a few seconds if at all when soloing crap. Even less noticeable in MPA

ArcaneTechs
Feb 21, 2018, 10:27 PM
All that work for what? 3-5% dmg at most? People making a fuss over nothing.
when youre casual and that the fact that these are some of the best weapons in the game now available by collecting items, 5% dmg increase means nothing to you. it means a lot to people who actually care about the dmg increase because that 5% is pretty hefty

obviously no +35, no SAF

Cyber Meteor
Feb 21, 2018, 10:49 PM
First boosted Mother, last boosted Mother for me, bye i'm done with her! :D

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/Si3VFve.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

On a side note i was planning on using 500 crests to get it, guess i can go for Akatsuki instead ;-)

the_importer_
Feb 21, 2018, 11:37 PM
First boosted Mother, last boosted Mother for me, bye i'm done with her! :D

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/Si3VFve.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

On a side note i was planning on using 500 crests to get it, guess i can go for Akatsuki instead ;-)

Mother Factor!!! All I got was shitty 13★ Gunslash :(

Altiea
Feb 21, 2018, 11:38 PM
Mother Factor!!! All I got was shitty 13★ Gunslash :(

What Gunslash, specifically?

the_importer_
Feb 21, 2018, 11:39 PM
What Gunslash, specifically?

Astra Diffie

Tunga
Feb 22, 2018, 12:02 AM
when youre casual and that the fact that these are some of the best weapons in the game now available by collecting items, 5% dmg increase means nothing to you. it means a lot to people who actually care about the dmg increase because that 5% is pretty hefty

Yeeeaaah buddy those damn muh filthy casuals that don't want to grind a ridiculous amount of time for a hefty 5% boost. /s Like what would a 3-5% boost do to a weapon that already obliterates anything that crosses its way? need to give me a good reason why because by the time you get one at +35 ill have 5 different 14*s to show my e-peen around with.

wahahaha
Feb 22, 2018, 12:11 AM
Oh man that filthy tact, i'll leech if i dont have it maxed. God damn you SEGA for giving us weapons like this!

ArcaneTechs
Feb 22, 2018, 12:42 AM
Yeeeaaah buddy those damn muh filthy casuals that don't want to grind a ridiculous amount of time for a hefty 5% boost. /s Like what would a 3-5% boost do to a weapon that already obliterates anything that crosses its way? need to give me a good reason why because by the time you get one at +35 ill have 5 different 14*s to show my e-peen around with.
youre +30 Akatsuki sword versus my +35 for a DPS test, the fact that I know you wont go out of your way to at least 200 much less 240 it like i would. Its all for outputting more dmg in general, we all know any non hardcore would get at least one and be done with it and possibly a 2nd one down the road over time versus actually grinding for another.

I mean realistically if youre playing Hero, the Demonia series and i guess Elder Omega are all that matter to you, I guess Akatsuki too iunno

what im getting at is, if you want max dmg output +35 it otherwise ya, settle for +30 if you dont want to grind it out (casual or w/e we're looking at youre average player here) but we also dont know if the weapon will still be +30 or not on exchange since no one has 500 yet and unless Sega themselves said it (which im unaware) then shit, go for what you want

Tunga
Feb 22, 2018, 01:47 AM
settle for +30 if you dont want to grind it out (casual or w/e we're looking at youre average player here)
Exactly these +30 participation award 14*s are more than capable of decimating 99% of the content. Perfect for the casual dressup my loli/waifu/trap avgpso2joe (thats still going to get steamrolled, 14* or not). Now If you got targeted by the sega drip feeder... :wacko:

wefwq
Feb 22, 2018, 02:55 AM
It's not like people who don't care about damage will care enough to mindlessly running every single raid quests to collect item for free *14.
And they will still have garbage units or just die a lot anyway.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 22, 2018, 03:43 AM
Exactly these +30 participation award 14*s are more than capable of decimating 99% of the content. Perfect for the casual dressup my loli/waifu/trap avgpso2joe (thats still going to get steamrolled, 14* or not). Now If you got targeted by the sega drip feeder... :wacko:

you proved my point

NightlightPro
Feb 22, 2018, 05:54 AM
a free ★14 with no SAF and grind cap +30 is better than nothing i guess

free stuff is free stuff, y'know

GHNeko
Feb 22, 2018, 06:01 AM

NO! IT'S MY 14★ AND I WANT IT +35 NOW!

Moffen
Feb 22, 2018, 06:03 AM

Except its not free.
Its not even welfare.
Its 500 crests that drop 1-2 at a time per campaign mother and dragon EQ
500 crests for a weapon thats at +30 grind cap.
It took 120 qliphad fuses to turn a zein into a qliphad weapon,or get its potent,thats not free,its hard work and it means persistantly doing EQ after EQ.
Prior to that,you had to grind out the zein sheets or hope for a drop to get it to +35,or you hoped for a qliphad drop you could turn into a zein with the qliphad potential.

Theres nothing free about these 14*S
Its like saying something on the player shop is free because you can buy it,it doesnt make any sense.
If you grinded out 500 of these crests,you fully deserve the full power from those weapons,regardless of whether its only 5%. People grinding for these do it because they want the damage,that 5% is important.

I've sunk nearly 10k hours into this game,doing as many EQs as I can,when i can and Ive never ever had a 14* drop. (Note: I got my first ares drop during the nab UQ revival campaign and i farmed nab and lilipa for months when each arrived and never got a thing then either)
Its nice to be able to earn it,but not at this pitiful rate.
You might as well just pray for the drop anyway.

NightlightPro
Feb 22, 2018, 06:16 AM
Except its not free.
Its not even welfare.
Its 500 crests that drop 1-2 at a time per campaign mother and dragon EQ
500 crests for a weapon thats at +30 grind cap.
It took 120 qliphad fuses to turn a zein into a qliphad weapon,or get its potent,thats not free,its hard work and it means persistantly doing EQ after EQ.
Prior to that,you had to grind out the zein sheets or hope for a drop to get it to +35,or you hoped for a qliphad drop you could turn into a zein with the qliphad potential.

Theres nothing free about these 14*S
Its like saying something on the player shop is free because you can buy it,it doesnt make any sense.
If you grinded out 500 of these crests,you fully deserve the full power from those weapons,regardless of whether its only 5%. People grinding for these do it because they want the damage,that 5% is important.

I've sunk nearly 10k hours into this game,doing as many EQs as I can,when i can and Ive never ever had a 14* drop. (Note: I got my first ares drop during the nab UQ revival campaign and i farmed nab and lilipa for months when each arrived and never got a thing then either)
Its nice to be able to earn it,but not at this pitiful rate.
You might as well just pray for the drop anyway.

yeah but ★14 drop rate is ridiculous. You have more chance farming CC's for like 7-8 months instead of getting one yourself
edit: probably 6-7 months at best i think

Altiea
Feb 22, 2018, 06:48 AM
"Grind 500 Crests" isn't a totally accurate statement, since they give them out for doing other things. Hell, we're literally getting 50 Crests free for doing menial and simple in-game tasks, which is 10% of the grind already.

GHNeko
Feb 22, 2018, 07:04 AM
"Grind 500 Crests" isn't a totally accurate statement, since they give them out for doing other things. Hell, we're literally getting 50 Crests free for doing menial and simple in-game tasks, which is 10% of the grind already.

i mean not to be a dick or anything

but the drops are locked behind EQs and new XQs (which will certainty have a clear limit)

even though you're getting 10% for free (if you jump through all the hoops)

that's still 450 crests

that's

still

a lot lol

10% aint shit

Zero641
Feb 22, 2018, 08:57 AM
I doubt they will actually be +30 only. Wasn't it the case with the earth series upgrade it showed +30 max grind but when you actually got it, it came +35-able. It would be too much of a grind otherwise. (Of course maybe sega wants it to be a hell of a grind.. but i hope not!)

Loveless62
Feb 22, 2018, 10:53 AM
If somehow I finished collecting 1000 crests, I would likely spend the second 500 crests on a separate 14* weapon than the one I purchased with the first 500. I would find other means to push the max grind to +35 (in parallel).

Keep in mind that, as others have mentioned, this will take months to do, and, by the time it is done, there is no telling what other weapons Sega will released. There may be better things to spend the effort on by then.

but the drops are locked behind EQs and new XQs (which will certainty have a clear limit)

that's still 450 crests

that's

still

a lot lol

10% aint shit
I doubt the current crest campaign will be the last one.

It is also likely that Dragon EQ triggers will be released. This will help quicken the grind for many, especially for those who organize trigger parties.

Sega may also make crests drop from other EQs (definitely not guaranteed though).

It is possible that some enthusiastic players will use multi-ship and character transfer shenanigans to get to 500 even faster (like some did with Austere), although I suspect the past lessons learned with where Austere is now would make it less likely.

Tunga
Feb 22, 2018, 11:06 AM

that's still 450 crests

that's

still

a lot lol

Theres still potential for more campaings for these things to ease it. But who knows when sega :wacko:

10% aint shit

Havent you been paying attention? 10% is a gargantuan boost.

jooozek
Feb 22, 2018, 12:40 PM
no hero weapons = garbage i don't care about :wacko:

Zephyrion
Feb 22, 2018, 01:27 PM
First thing we'll have to see if they do end up being grind cap 30 in the first place since both Nemesis exchange and Earth exchange indicate grind cap 30 despite them coming at +35. To add to that it's the very first iteration of a weapon not requiring a base weapon, so we're not even sure of anything. (the site linked by Terrence only said it's LIKELY they'll end up +30, so nothing certain)

bottom line is stop freaking out about something we'll only find out once we do get the 500 crests or SEGA comes up and clearly says what's up

Additionally I consider this *14 "grind" very similar to Austere/Qliphad which makes sense since some of those are pretty OP. You don't have to force anything and can just slowly build it through titles reward and raids here and there. When you think about it *14 grind will probably be a lot more easy-going than getting either two damn Austere or grind their element back when they came out.

Tymek
Feb 22, 2018, 02:24 PM
Do we know the new SUPER SPECIAL ABILITY yet?

Altiea
Feb 22, 2018, 03:51 PM
Do we know the new SUPER SPECIAL ABILITY yet?

It's S2:Flowing Grace (Restore 10PP every 4 seconds). SSAs from Dragon can also drop, too.

NightlightPro
Feb 23, 2018, 05:21 PM
not even a single 13★ from buffed mother.. RNGcursed :wat

Zulastar
Feb 23, 2018, 05:29 PM
not even a single 13★ from buffed mother.. RNGcursed :wat

Well I got only 1 13* from last LQ, no Weila arms, no 13* from Valentines EQ, 1 13* from buffed Elder/Looser and here is total zero too.

What I'm doing wrong?

Suirano
Feb 23, 2018, 05:39 PM
Got Slave NT Knuckles from this mother. Drop rate does seem a bit higher for Astra as I got a unit and a TD from Mother as well.

Kintama
Feb 23, 2018, 06:07 PM
Just got my first run because Europe is fucked when it comes to eq schedule and wow, boosted or not this goes down wayyyyyyyyy too fast, super disappointed.

Altiea
Feb 23, 2018, 11:20 PM
The RNG seems to be broken for me. Since Mother Boost started I've gotten like, 9 13* weapons, and four of those came from a single run.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 24, 2018, 04:23 PM
another campaign where 14* drops "increase" but still dont get one, man, the bait is too good sometimes

Moffen
Feb 24, 2018, 04:32 PM
another campaign where 14* drops "increase" but still dont get one, man, the bait is too good sometimes

I feel you man. Im running this in hopes of a Quelle windia or some slave weapons,But i'll settle for just about anything since you actually get rainbow tier drops from finishing this most of the time.

Edit: Nevermind,I can no longer relate. Dragon gave me the 14* partisan.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 24, 2018, 06:13 PM
I feel you man. Im running this in hopes of a Quelle windia or some slave weapons,But i'll settle for just about anything since you actually get rainbow tier drops from finishing this most of the time.

Edit: Nevermind,I can no longer relate. Dragon gave me the 14* partisan.
ech i starting running rematch this week again, about to drop it since no drops so far and mother is just idk i just dont get the point of this boost campaign when they schedule it so few amount of times

Tunga
Feb 24, 2018, 06:47 PM

I'll let you touch my epd if you like ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), might be contaigious with casulitis tho.

Moffen
Feb 24, 2018, 06:53 PM
ech i starting running rematch this week again, about to drop it since no drops so far and mother is just idk i just dont get the point of this boost campaign when they schedule it so few amount of times

Id chance it.
Looked at the drop tables and the current 14*s,besides demonias,are in the 120+s drop rates.
Demonias still at its regular rate from what im seeing,the numbers havent changed much there.
Log on,do the quest,log off.
Thats all im doing for now :T

ArcaneTechs
Feb 25, 2018, 03:35 PM
I'll let you touch my epd if you like ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), might be contaigious with casulitis tho.
probably not even Light ele 240/20, wouldnt even look in your direction friendo

Id chance it.
Looked at the drop tables and the current 14*s,besides demonias,are in the 120+s drop rates.
Demonias still at its regular rate from what im seeing,the numbers havent changed much there.
Log on,do the quest,log off.
Thats all im doing for now :T
essentially what im doing but with all the Choco and Dragon im uhh not even bothering for the time being. wasting on an hour on dragon each time is becoming less motivating to keep running it again with no drops occuring

Tunga
Feb 26, 2018, 02:33 AM
probably not even Light ele
>worrying about element on a epd

You're right about the atk tho, 130/8 all for around 2.7M and noble taking 2m out of that. Nice, cheap and ready for the salt mines :wacko:

ArcaneTechs
Feb 26, 2018, 03:31 AM
>worrying about element on a epd

You're right about the atk tho, 130/8 all for around 2.7M and noble taking 2m out of that. Nice, cheap and ready for the salt mines :wacko:
[insert elitist comment that triggers casuals here]

DavidAG
Feb 26, 2018, 05:44 AM
[insert any comment at all so Kril gets triggered]

ArcaneTechs
Feb 26, 2018, 11:33 AM
[insert any comment at all so Kril gets triggered]

bad builds, playstyles and affixes are the only things that trigger me friendo. which probably means im in a constant triggered state but little do you know my B list is always constantly growing and updating (i exaggerate though)

the_importer_
Feb 26, 2018, 12:03 PM
bad builds, playstyles and affixes are the only things that trigger me friendo. which probably means im in a constant triggered state but little do you know my B list is always constantly growing and updating (i exaggerate though)

Good news my friendo, if this is what triggers you in life, your life if great.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 26, 2018, 12:09 PM
Good news my friendo, if this is what triggers you in life, your life if great.

i see you didnt take the laet part of my post serious not friendo

the_importer_
Feb 26, 2018, 01:03 PM
i see you didnt take the laet part of my post serious not friendo

Don't think anyone here take most people seriously if I'm being quite honest.

the_importer_
Feb 26, 2018, 11:32 PM
So in that last Mother EQ, I had

-Party Triboost 40%
-Daily Triboost 50%
-2018 Triboost 50%
-125% Triboost
-EQ 150% Rare Drop Boost
-300% Rare Drop Boost (ya, I used AC, got a problem with that?)
-Premium drink 15%
-Placebo Stick 10%

And I'll I got was a 13★ Double Saber and for the 3rd time, that infernal 13★ Gunslash. So did SEGA increase the drops of 14★ weapon from impossible to nearly impossible?

Oh ya, and the icing on the cake, 1 single crest, fuck RNG -_-

GHNeko
Feb 26, 2018, 11:43 PM

http://puu.sh/zwzpw/f1260b50df.jpg

http://puu.sh/zwzqp/4896b5e42d.jpg

:wacko:

Aexorcet
Feb 26, 2018, 11:51 PM
And I'll I got was a 13★ Double Saber and for the 3rd time, that infernal 13★ Gunslash. So did SEGA increase the drops of 14★ weapon from impossible to nearly impossible?

I'm trying to get the 13's to drop but I can't even manage that. Nearly impossible for 14's sounds about right.

Flatflyer
Feb 27, 2018, 01:37 AM
got 1 13* my first run, 2 13* the second run, then zero for the next 2 runs I did (all with tri 125+RDR 250+daily boost+doughnut+premium drink)

oh well, good thing I dont really care much for any 14*s until they come out with a WL one.

jooozek
Feb 27, 2018, 04:00 AM

waaaaaowwwwwwww is this the elusive red mage build? :wacko:

Zephyrion
Feb 27, 2018, 05:56 AM

It's not like BR/SU isn't meta, people should consider its high single target potential (same mults as HU sub roughly), stronger counters (since unlike HU sub, you can apply all mults to counters) easy access to shifta (without having to use shiftaride or lose katana gear), de facto making it a very solid option against raids, and otherwise decent everywhere else.

I guess SU meme sub status even post-buff will never change.

Spellbinder
Feb 27, 2018, 09:33 AM
So in that last Mother EQ, I had

-Party Triboost 40%
-Daily Triboost 50%
-2018 Triboost 50%
-125% Triboost
-EQ 150% Rare Drop Boost
-300% Rare Drop Boost (ya, I used AC, got a problem with that?)
-Premium drink 15%
-Placebo Stick 10%

Oh ya, and the icing on the cake, 1 single crest, fuck RNG -_-

I'm impressed you got two. After participating in about 5 emergency quests and at least 5 trigger parties for Mother, I only have one 13★ bouncer boots for my troubles.

Am I a pleb for wishing they'd stick with collect files and trade-ins? I'd gladly grind out 100 Mother triggers if it meant I was certain to get what I was after by the end of it. RNG is a cruel mistress...

Tunga
Feb 27, 2018, 11:12 AM

Easy there friendo, you might give him a heart attack or something :lol:

Kondibon
Feb 27, 2018, 11:23 AM
It's not like BR/SU isn't meta, people should consider its high single target potential (same mults as HU sub roughly), stronger counters (since unlike HU sub, you can apply all mults to counters) easy access to shifta (without having to use shiftaride or lose katana gear), de facto making it a very solid option against raids, and otherwise decent everywhere else.

I guess SU meme sub status even post-buff will never change.Yeah, but the highs aren't as high so it's automatically shit. :wacko:

ArcaneTechs
Feb 27, 2018, 11:57 AM

well aware you purposely pursue bad combos so im decentized to your posts man.. i mean if you want to lose a massive of pet dmg as br/su thats fine ww you already know tho

Kondibon
Feb 27, 2018, 01:13 PM
well aware you purposely pursue bad combos so im decentized to your posts man.. i mean if you want to lose a massive of pet dmg as br/su thats fine ww you already know thoPretty sure he uses Katana for that, not pets.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 27, 2018, 03:42 PM
Pretty sure he uses Katana for that, not pets.

read the last 4 words of my post again

Flatflyer
Feb 27, 2018, 04:05 PM
Am I a pleb for wishing they'd stick with collect files and trade-ins? I'd gladly grind out 100 Mother triggers if it meant I was certain to get what I was after by the end of it. RNG is a cruel mistress...
I mean thats kinda what theyre doing with the crests, isnt it?

Zephyrion
Feb 27, 2018, 05:30 PM
Yeah, but the highs aren't as high so it's automatically shit. :wacko:

Dunno if it is an ironical answer but oh well. I'd certainly give it a good try on raids that give you tons of counter opportunities like PD or deus. The damage is almost the same as HU sub except counters get a whopping 40% extra mults and free shifta upkeep. Sure you lose massive hunter healing guard and possibly automate (and if you did skill those, SU sub damage comes on top because there's no way you can skill fury and those without forsaking S-ATK), but you have HP restore, HP high up and resta/megiverse for survivability. Point assist clunkiness and mobbing issues definitely prevent SU from being a real go-to for everything, but anywhere those issues aren't too big it just does its job

The class combo highs are definitely there. Just because they are situational doesn't mean they're not applicable for some things. a meme build, to me is a build where main and sub don't have any synergy going on (something like say HU/FO these days, farewell Lindcray) BR definitely has a very decent synergy going with SU sub.

Loveless62
Feb 27, 2018, 05:36 PM

Yup. It's just that the number of EQs/triggers to run is 250-500 (depending on badge drops), not 100.

Also, those need to be run before the end of the campaign on 3/7.

Zephyrion
Feb 27, 2018, 05:59 PM
Yup. It's just that the number of EQs/triggers to run is 250-500 (depending on badge drops), not 100.

Also, those need to be run before the end of the campaign on 3/7.

the campaign only deals with mother : Dragon will still give them, and future EQs will likely give them too.

GHNeko
Feb 27, 2018, 07:08 PM

I guess SU meme sub status even post-buff will never change.

BrSu isn't meta. It's off-meta :wacko:

It's a solid option in raids on paper, but there are a handful of issues with the class that drag it down a bit that a lot of people may not be aware of.

That being said, I was mostly posting my brsu palette as a joke. :wacko:

also ponthi uses FoSu in Dragon to great effect, so it's not like there aren't high level players who think of Su sub as meme status.

Pretty sure anyone who does the numbers and has experience with su sub builds are aware that it's just not meme status.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 27, 2018, 07:18 PM
also ponthi uses FoSu in Dragon to great effect, so it's not like there aren't high level players who think of Su sub as meme status.

Pretty sure anyone who does the numbers and has experience with su sub builds are aware that it's just not meme status.
ponthi did it, must be ok for everyone to do it despite not actually being at his play level

Spellbinder
Feb 27, 2018, 07:50 PM

Yes, this is true, but I was mostly referring to certain 13 star weapons like nemesis and slave (sorry for not mentioning them explicitly). As someone who plays summoner exclusively, you can imagine my disappointment when I managed to get 10 slave weapons back in December yet was unable to trade them in for a tact. Now they just sit in my storage box, laughing at me...

GHNeko
Feb 27, 2018, 08:07 PM
ponthi did it, must be ok for everyone to do it despite not actually being at his play level

nigga

you know exactly what i said so don't be dumb and perceive it as anything else other than

"there are people who are at a high skill level who realize that su sub is not just a meme and it has value, especially if you look at the numbers."

and

"there is even an example of someone at a high skill level who is using su sub well."

because that is all i said and what you're saying sounds ???????

anyone who isnt at least near their skill level shouldn't play these combos that involve su sub.

Altiea
Feb 27, 2018, 09:43 PM
I honestly hate these "off-meta combos are trash" sentiments. It's like, "creativity isn't allowed, you should play X or else you're dead weight". I'd prefer an "innocent until proven guilty" approach to off-meta; unless you have absolutely solid proof that an off-meta combo is garbage (BO/BR memes), you can't call it garbage.

SU sub numbers don't lie, either. With Point Assist and Pet Elemental Weak Hit active, that's universal 1.75x against whatever you're targeting; Fury Tree on Striking multis caps at 1.76x, and SU gets All ATK Up 1/2 to make up the lost 1% and then some.

Silent_Flower
Feb 27, 2018, 10:54 PM
So... What are your guys spoils from the first week of boosts?

I gotten Astra Rod, a few Astra Units, 2 Val gs with S3: Offensive Intent (6 and 7 slots) and few others Astra weapons, but I couldn't even care about them and actually broke down the units into Silver pieces.

Altiea
Feb 27, 2018, 11:32 PM
So... What are your guys spoils from the first week of boosts?

I gotten Astra Rod, a few Astra Units, 2 Val gs with S3: Offensive Intent (6 and 7 slots) and few others Astra weapons, but I couldn't even care about them and actually broke down the units into Silver pieces.

I got like, five Astra Units or something. Something to the tune of 10 or so 13* drops; most of it was Astra junk, but I got two Val Ars and one Slave-NT Katana, so that's nice.

Kondibon
Feb 27, 2018, 11:34 PM
Dunno if it is an ironical answer but oh well.It's 100% ironic. That's why I used the whacko. Su is a fine as a sub.

Dark Mits
Feb 28, 2018, 01:37 AM
Meta discussion only has meaning when going after personal or world records. Trying to push meta in a casual game is like discussing about proper aerodynamics when you want to go biking on a weekend afternoon with your son.

At the same time, in a mpa, too much of PSO2's total damage comes from player knowledge of how abilities work and where enemies spawn and behave, and not from 186 skill points. You can give the current best dps spec and equipment to a player who logs in once per day for a FQ and possible EQ, and a random Te/Gu build with points in T-Def and R-Def and a random non-grinded Emperor Axeon to the best player in the world; the latter will massively crush the former's performance.

As for spoils this week... Just one Astra rear unit and a Val gunslash. 5 or 6 participations for Mother EQ (so not hardcore farming), and every run with RDR+250%, Tri +50 or +100, Team RDR and group RDR. Nothing else.

Tunga
Feb 28, 2018, 01:46 AM
Trying to push meta in a casual game .

This is that one thing the pso2 community obsesses too much over.

the_importer_
Feb 28, 2018, 01:53 AM
This is that one thing the pso2 community obsesses too much over.

Everything in life is about balance. In the case of PSO2, you can't expect to enter an EQ on XH with un-grinded and un-affixed gear, no tree multipliers and expect to be able to hold your own and not be a burden to anyone just like you can't be anal and spend 50m affixing a single unit just to get an extra 30 ATK when we all know that it's not gonna change much in the long run.

GHNeko
Feb 28, 2018, 03:44 AM
People push meta so that their time isnt wasted. :wacko:

Nothing like people who dont know what they're doing wasting your own personal efforts.

Dark Mits
Feb 28, 2018, 03:54 AM
People push meta so that their time isnt wasted. :wacko:

Nothing like people who dont know what they're doing wasting your own personal efforts.Nothing wrong with wanting to get done quickly and optimally. It becomes wrong (at least in my opinion) when a player demands that others play according to their own standards, and also have the game automatically not only "weed out" those who do not meet those standards, but outright deny access content (not through failure but through denying entry) and rewards, because "they do not deserve them".

This may sound extreme, but I have personally seen the above opinion expressed in forums for WoW, Rift, and Dungeons&Dragons Online, when I used to play those.

GHNeko
Feb 28, 2018, 04:25 AM
Nothing wrong with wanting to get done quickly and optimally. It becomes wrong (at least in my opinion) when a player demands that others play according to their own standards, and also have the game automatically not only "weed out" those who do not meet those standards, but outright deny access content (not through failure but through denying entry) and rewards, because "they do not deserve them".

This may sound extreme, but I have personally seen the above opinion expressed in forums for WoW, Rift, and Dungeons&Dragons Online, when I used to play those.

oh yeah fair enough then.

game aint that serious that you actively force players to play according to your standards :wacko:

Altiea
Feb 28, 2018, 08:11 AM
Everything in life is about balance. In the case of PSO2, you can't expect to enter an EQ on XH with un-grinded and un-affixed gear, no tree multipliers and expect to be able to hold your own and not be a burden to anyone just like you can't be anal and spend 50m affixing a single unit just to get an extra 30 ATK when we all know that it's not gonna change much in the long run.

That's not meta, though. That has to do with learning and becoming acclimated with the core gameplay mechanics, which, bizarrely, seems to be rather difficult for a distressingly high number of players (which is why Expert exists).

the_importer_
Feb 28, 2018, 09:35 AM
That's not meta, though. That has to do with learning and becoming acclimated with the core gameplay mechanics, which, bizarrely, seems to be rather difficult for a distressingly high number of players (which is why Expert exists).

Seriously doubt that many people have issues with JA, weak points, breakable parts and other basic stuff like that.

echofaith
Feb 28, 2018, 12:03 PM
I think he meant stuff like learning enemy pattern and PP management. Aside of that, there is also the lack of motivation to get better. Most important EQs can be only be run once or twice, so time isnt a factor aside from buffs duration. And seeing as you can just buff at the end for most of them, is even less of a problem. I for sure dont bother to do the extra mile unless I feel the MPA in general is taking too long, and I am sure is the same for many players.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 28, 2018, 02:02 PM

nigga

you know exactly what i said so don't be dumb and perceive it as anything else other than

"there are people who are at a high skill level who realize that su sub is not just a meme and it has value, especially if you look at the numbers."

and

"there is even an example of someone at a high skill level who is using su sub well."

because that is all i said and what you're saying sounds ???????

anyone who isnt at least near their skill level shouldn't play these combos that involve su sub.
jebaited bruh, mods warned you about that word in the past too

pika2525
Feb 28, 2018, 02:43 PM
It becomes wrong (at least in my opinion) when a player demands that others play according to their own standards, and also have the game automatically not only "weed out" those who do not meet those standards, but outright deny access content (not through failure but through denying entry) and rewards, because "they do not deserve them".

I mean in fairness, I just want people to put in some minimal effort... The amount of people I see who can't even be bothered to put 60atk affixes on their weapons and units, even in Expert, is way too high...

Saffran
Feb 28, 2018, 02:54 PM
I'm not sure how much I care about the power boosts on units. I know full well that *that*'s what will make the difference but I'm more concerned about how you play. I'd rather carry a player that knows what he's doing than play with a powerhouse that dies at every mistake.
Ed: But of course the irony is that the powerhouses must have the knowledge and funds to actually get they tryhard equipment so they necessarily know what they're doing.

GHNeko
Feb 28, 2018, 06:22 PM
jebaited bruh, mods warned you about that word in the past too

NotLikeThis

I cant tell with you sometimes because you generally sound like that usually LMAO.

I'll hold this L.

pika2525
Feb 28, 2018, 11:50 PM
But of course the irony is that the powerhouses must have the knowledge and funds to actually get they tryhard equipment so they necessarily know what they're doing.

Idunno man. The amount of times I've seen people with 150+atk units die repeatedly, or just not do much damage, is waaayyy higher than it should be.

Electrochemist
Mar 1, 2018, 03:54 AM
Idunno man. The amount of times I've seen people with 150+atk units die repeatedly, or just not do much damage, is waaayyy higher than it should be.

I think it goes deeper than this too and I like to think about the individual, personally.

For example, I could have had like 10 brilliant Atrum dragon runs where I out perform and that one or so runs that I may perform badly at. And if I was with randoms, they would all probably think I suck, right? But just because I fail once, or had a bad day, doesn't mean I'm not good at the game.

When I was manager of a team long ago and I played with the same people day in day out you begin to notice that literally no-one can keep that standard up. It always differs. Good players have had their bad runs. Bad players do have good runs but it's not as often.

I have to as well talk about the lag and desync on the game too because I suffer from this which sometimes causes an attack to just hit me out of nowhere, it is not very often but I'd say once every 3 EQs which can sometimes cause me to die. (I notice this desyncing way more in battle arena but thats what I get for playing a game that is localised in japan but residing in the UK).

Also you have to take into account that there are people who just don't give a fuck. I have a friend of 5 years who literally just wants to rising slash everything and when I tried to show him other ways he said it wasn't fun for him and didn't work for him and just went back to doing what he wants. I did try but at the end of the day you have to respect that because I'm sure when he comes home from work all he wants to do is have fun. I mean it's not truly hurting anyone, it is just a game and not even a PvP one, it's PvE focused. You are all working towards the one goal of bringing down a boss or bosses.

I don't know I always feel like, if you have a problem with carrying people, just play with the people you trust, people who take the game seriously and see numbers competitively, because when you match publicly (EVEN in Expert) you will find players with varying gear, varying motives, or both. (OR you could nicely try to educate some people about how to reach their higher dps potential or how and when to dodge, what PAs give iframes etc etc.)

It would be cool if you had to maybe do a training quest that really tested your game mechanic knowledge to get into expert (or perhaps fight Phaleg because that's genuinely a good example of an 'elite player' though it is also possible to cheese: afk summoner, hero tali teleport etc) it is a tough balance tbh.

Masu
Mar 1, 2018, 09:46 AM
*snip*
OMG it can't be. Someone gifted with empathy and tolerance spotted.:beer:

Tunga
Mar 1, 2018, 01:53 PM
I did try but at the end of the day you have to respect that because I'm sure when he comes home from work all he wants to do is have fun.

The problem with this is that i and many other people also want to come home from a hards day of work and would prefer not to take 2-3x as long to finish a quest. Is our way of fun not worth any respect? Its a conflict of interest.

Electrochemist
Mar 1, 2018, 02:09 PM
The problem with this is that i and many other people also want to come home from a hards day of work and would prefer not to take 2-3x as long to finish a quest. Is our way of fun not worth any respect? Its a conflict of interest.

This is where you team up with people you know who have the same ethos as you, that's how you solve that issue.

the_importer_
Mar 1, 2018, 04:14 PM
This is where you team up with people you know who have the same ethos as you, that's how you solve that issue.

Indeed, when you play with pugs, you have accepted the fact that people will most likely NOT play the way you want.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 1, 2018, 07:41 PM
NotLikeThis

I cant tell with you sometimes because you generally sound like that usually LMAO.

I'll hold this L.

:3

anyways boost still lies to me, astra sword so far, its like i have to buy ac to please the gods

Tunga
Mar 1, 2018, 09:01 PM
So in short your answer is no.

Indeed, when you play with pugs, you have accepted the fact that people will most likely NOT play the way you want.
Sega has been giving less incentive for people to make organized runs and organized runs are not available 24/7. You will eventually be forced to pug.

Electrochemist
Mar 1, 2018, 09:42 PM
So in short your answer is no.

Sega has been giving less incentive for people to make organized runs and organized runs are not available 24/7. You will eventually be forced to pug.

It's more that you sound like you don't have much respect for yourself and your own enjoyment of the game, rather than my respect for you.
If you play with pugs and have expectations of how it should be then it is you with the high standards set of individuals you don't know. So when you get dissapointed or frustrated then yes it is literally your fault. It's not like people go into EQs expecting you to carry them, it's your choice to matchmake with randoms.

I'm sorry but you're literally not forced to do anything. If it bothers you that much and you "can't find a dedicated team", don't do the EQ. There's a difference between taking the whole allotted time to do an EQ (which barely happens btw, most people are competant enough.) and failing it. Failing sucks but unless you're doing Atrum that literally never happens in pugs. What are you so desperate to finish an EQ so quickly for anyway like whats the rush? (curious)

Btw the incentive of organised runs is literally that of: not being partied with people with differing skillsets and/or desires for their gameplay experience.

Terrence
Mar 1, 2018, 09:48 PM
It is worth all the respect, of course. As is the way of fun of people often called 'casuals' on this site. But an interesting thing to note is that if those casuals rarely come here to criticize the way of playing and enjoying the game of the elite ones, the opposite is daily bread (often with extreme vehemence and condescension). So, I really wonder who are the most disrespectful gamers. The candid ones or the lesson-givers. :wacko:

Tunga
Mar 2, 2018, 12:15 AM
-snip-
Btw the incentive of organised runs is literally that of: not being partied with people with differing skillsets and/or desires for their gameplay experience.
I have no idea where you're getting this "high standard" thing from. Asking for a decent (not world record) pug runs in an expert environment is nowhere near high standard. And nope the main incentive from organizing runs was to maximize gains the rest followed naturally. But sega started placing run limits in eqs, nerfing/banning certain combos, everyone gets a participation award, etc. So now you're just weeding out leechers (organized has casuals too ya know), speedkilling and that's it (in eq content).

Also this this is going off the thread topic so i'm stopping after this post.

GHNeko
Mar 2, 2018, 12:33 AM
TL;DR - Serious players are expected to section themselves off, even with expert matchmaking despite the fact that expert was intended for the more serious players, and casuals shouldn't section themselves off and not expert matchmaking.

SeemsGood :wacko:

Kondibon
Mar 2, 2018, 12:51 AM
TL;DR - Serious players are expected to section themselves off, even with expert matchmaking despite the fact that expert was intended for the more serious players, and casuals shouldn't section themselves off and not expert matchmaking.

SeemsGood :wacko:Basically yeah. "Expert" doesn't mean much. Like, I get the feeling but this whole situation is on Sega, not the players, so it seems logical to take the path of least resistance and just not even bother complaining about what other players do in pugs until Sega actually makes a match making system that groups players based on actual ability to clear specific content, not just whoever cheesed some XQ bosses.

Dark Mits
Mar 2, 2018, 01:53 AM
There are some misunderstandings here from both sides.

The higher requirements you have for something, the harder it is to find people who meet them. Moreso in an environment where you could simulate player performance with a bell curve.
- Wanting people to have +200atk affixes on every single unit is a requirement which narrows down what you would consider acceptable.
- Wanting people to have <5ms latency to server for better performance is a requirement which narrows it down again
- Wanting people who will always play at 95% of their peak performance at all times is a requirement which narrows it down again

The more criteria you want others to meet, the harder it is to find them, moreso in a random environment. This is why some of us here tell you to go for premade groups.

The best analogy I can think of is with rolling dice to determine starting stats when creating a D&D character. If you want your character to have 15 and above in all 6 stats, you can be damn sure you will get that like once per billion rolls, and every other dice roll will be "shit".

I understand that what you want is to make sure that Sega does this automatically for you. And it did initially. Expert mode just became easier and easier to achieve because of power creep. This doesn't mean that slackers joined Expert mode. It means that players whose performances were not above the cutoff point initially, suddenly met the requirement because their power increased, which is why Expert reqs will be revised. But at the same time your power also increased proportionally.

Player performance is a bell curve. Expert matchmaking doesn't mean that every player in this mode should have at all times performance which is better than 95% of the total playerbase. It simply means that the bell curve of player performances in Expert mode is shifted more to the "better" side. This also means that it is entirely possible to have people who have not yet managed to meet Expert criteria, but who outright decimate performances of people who have met them.

And finally, don't think that every non-Expert player wants and expects to be carried by better players. Some of us are not interested only in loot, and we do not keep track of our RDR and Triboost timers down to the second, but we do want to feel that we contributed to the group's success. I have personally abandoned mpas where the group is mostly lvl80 Heroes, exactly because I want to feel that I was there doing stuff and not just along for the ride.

Also GHNeko, noone said that Casuals shouldn't section themselves off. It's just that Casuals do not care about it.Relevant clip (https://youtu.be/LlOSdRMSG_k?t=41s)

Altiea
Mar 2, 2018, 03:28 AM
Maaaan, Mother won't even drop anything on PSO2 Day. That's rotten luck.

GHNeko
Mar 2, 2018, 04:19 AM
Also GHNeko, noone said that Casuals shouldn't section themselves off. It's just that Casuals do not care about it.Relevant clip (https://youtu.be/LlOSdRMSG_k?t=41s)

*nods* You're right more or less.

The problem is that when serious players complain that casuals don't section themselves off and/or dont respect expert matchmaking, people tend to call them elitists, say its just a game, say its not that serious, tell them to section themselves off (while never agreeing or saying that casuals should do the same) and just go "well that's just the way it is. Things will always be the same."

Serious players know well that how casuals are. They're usually just venting when they complain because their run didnt go well. :wacko:

Rarely do serious players who complain are met with agreement aside from similarly minded people. They're just like told off all the time.

Vatallus
Mar 2, 2018, 04:47 AM
All I've dropped so far is two 13* disappointments.

Electrochemist
Mar 2, 2018, 05:57 AM
*snip*

I couldn't have said it better myself tbh.

Spellbinder
Mar 2, 2018, 05:59 AM
I finally have three Nemesis weapons. Now I can trade them for─ Wait, nevermind. Summoner can't trade for their Nemesis weapon... orz

NightlightPro
Mar 2, 2018, 11:07 AM
You can be as high geared as you like but you gonna still ba bad in the game if you're lacking skills...

I have seen some players with low/med-end affixes doing much better than high-end ones

PSO2 players tree ??? (in order):

Pro player>Average player>Casual player>Newbie player

Not that PSO2 requires skills to be played but at least know how to play properly.

Dodging, guarding and all of that.

milranduil
Mar 2, 2018, 01:58 PM
You can be as high geared as you like but you gonna still ba bad in the game if you're lacking skills...

I have seen some players with low/med-end affixes doing much better than high-end ones

this is my opinion as well. i care way more about game sense and adaptation than affixes. that doesn't go so far to say that i wouldn't give a friend a hard time for playing with unaffixed units, especially in 2018. that's just unacceptable. there is a lot of gray area where i'm okay with people as long as they are truthfully trying.

that being said, in dragon, techers who don't sword, and anyone who uses sword and doesn't use charge to break...
[spoiler-box]
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/013/005/3mLydMU.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

the_importer_
Mar 2, 2018, 02:47 PM

PSO2 players tree ??? (in order):

Pro player>Average player>Casual player>Newbie player

Not that PSO2 requires skills to be played but at least know how to play properly.

Dodging, guarding and all of that.

PSO2 is primarily an action game, having the reflexes to dodge or jump at the right time, knowing how to JA properly, being able to manage many keys/buttons and use them at the proper time are all things that a gamer who's not use to play action games will be able to master quickly. A gamer who's use to playing strategy and sim games could properly master character building, grinding and affixing, but could suck balls when the time comes to actually playing the game, missing his attacks and dying all the time.

EDIT: Also, can we agree that the biggest n00bs are the ones Lv75+ who still haven't realized that having a bunch of chat commands with Cut-in Displays that are popping in your face every 10 seconds when trying to fight a boss in an EQ? We didn't have too many of those on ship 06, but Ship 02 is full of these idiots, I got over 10 people on my blacklist just because of this. Don't get e wrong, it's not harmful to have those when you start or end the quest, hell I even have one when I die just as an extra notice that a moon is required, but anything beyond that is just plain distracting and annoying.

Altiea
Mar 28, 2018, 01:29 AM
Mother Boost returns! Commence the RNG salt!

ArcaneTechs
Mar 28, 2018, 01:30 AM
i wanted to take the week off this game, guess its pulling me right back in (even though solo XQ is addicting right now)

Loveless62
Mar 28, 2018, 07:00 AM
Is there any word if this week's boost applies to Mother triggers as well? Bumped doesn't mention it.

i wanted to take the week off this game, guess its pulling me right back in (even though solo XQ is addicting right now)
It looks like there will be a weekly campaign boost in PSO2 for the foreseeable future, since we have had one a week for a while. Will there ever be a good time to take a break? Maybe if RQ boost comes back. :-D

NightlightPro
Mar 28, 2018, 07:33 AM
boosted mother but no increased 14★ drop rate? *cough*

XrosBlader821
Mar 28, 2018, 07:50 AM
Is there any word if this week's boost applies to Mother triggers as well? Bumped doesn't mention it.

The Increased RDR and stuff applies to triggers but not the additional drops like crests and 13* 14* that aren't part of Mother EQ

Loveless62
Mar 28, 2018, 09:45 AM
The Increased RDR and stuff applies to triggers but not the additional drops like crests and 13* 14* that aren't part of Mother EQ
OK, thanks! So it's just like the last Mother EQ boost.

the_importer_
Mar 28, 2018, 09:53 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd9BP2PkVMQ

Tunga
Mar 28, 2018, 11:39 PM

Breaks are for casuls :wacko:

pika2525
Mar 29, 2018, 12:19 AM
Finally got to attend a boosted Mother...

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/SofAbkP.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Electrochemist
Mar 29, 2018, 05:42 AM
Also, can we agree that the biggest n00bs are the ones Lv75+ who still haven't realized that having a bunch of chat commands with Cut-in Displays that are popping in your face every 10 seconds when trying to fight a boss in an EQ? We didn't have too many of those on ship 06, but Ship 02 is full of these idiots, I got over 10 people on my blacklist just because of this. Don't get e wrong, it's not harmful to have those when you start or end the quest, hell I even have one when I die just as an extra notice that a moon is required, but anything beyond that is just plain distracting and annoying.

I've had people tell me I'm ruining their fun for calling them out on their autowords lmao

the_importer_
Mar 29, 2018, 09:58 AM
I've had people tell me I'm ruining their fun for calling them out on their autowords lmao

Tell them to form a party with their own kind and ask them if they're still having fun guessing where the dragon is located behind a screen full of fucking bubbles.

XrosBlader821
Mar 29, 2018, 10:56 AM
Tell them to form a party with their own kind and ask them if they're still having fun guessing where the dragon is located behind a screen full of fucking bubbles.

What do you mean? This looks very playable! /s

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZYVCYzVAAMlnig.jpg:large

Tbh what annoys me more is the stupid E-Trial Animation that covers the entire screen.

Loveless62
Mar 29, 2018, 11:49 AM
I would be honored to die to cubes alongside the b1 (b7?) auto-word gods.

"I got a rare! *WEE-WOO* I got a rare! *WEE-WOO* I got a rare! *WEE-WOO* I got a rare! *WEE-WOO* I got a rare! *WEE-WOO* I got a rare! *WEE-WOO*..."

Anduril
Mar 29, 2018, 12:07 PM
Just in case you guys didn't know, you can disable other people's autowords from the menu:
https://i.imgur.com/wHg4X9j.png
And further down, you can outright disable Symbol Art.

XrosBlader821
Mar 29, 2018, 01:08 PM
Just in case you guys didn't know, you can disable other people's autowords from the menu:
https://i.imgur.com/wHg4X9j.png

I'm pretty sure most of us are aware but the problem is that the useful autowords like "On Incapacitation" shares the same tab as the spammy "Collect a rare Item" and "On Attack / PA / Technique".

HardBoiledPapa
Mar 29, 2018, 01:20 PM
I'm pretty sure most of us are aware but the problem is that the useful autowords like "On Incapacitation" shares the same tab as the spammy "Collect a rare Item" and "On Attack / PA / Technique".

Then look at the radar or if you have moons on your sub palette then it'll light up whenever someones down.

Electrochemist
Mar 29, 2018, 04:21 PM
Tbh what annoys me more is the stupid E-Trial Animation that covers the entire screen.

oh MY god YES!, every time I do the fucking new XQ it always shows up at the worst moment while fighting deus hunar, it's the most infuriating thing imo.

Loveless62
Mar 29, 2018, 05:36 PM

That's no fun.

Then look at the radar or if you have moons on your sub palette then it'll light up whenever someones down.
The Moon Atomizer button only lights up if the dead person is within Moon Atomizer range. The arena of most boss EQs, including Mother, are wide enough for people to be out of range, and, while some bosses won't have people spread out, Mother certainly does just because of how the fight goes,

Also, I don't see myself checking the minimap for the dead that often.

the_importer_
Mar 29, 2018, 05:39 PM
Seriously, people who are that high in terms of level and still use the pop-ups for every move they make is reminds me of PC users today that still keep the sound effects in Windows.

Kondibon
Mar 29, 2018, 05:53 PM
reminds me of PC users today that still keep the sound effects in Windows.
What's wrong with keeping the sound effects in windows?

the_importer_
Mar 29, 2018, 06:17 PM
What's wrong with keeping the sound effects in windows?

You try troubleshooting people's software remotely using your headset and endure the variety of Windows sound effects :(

doomdragon83
Mar 29, 2018, 07:56 PM

That Arks mod program got rid of that and prevented the minimap from changing when a e-trial happens (finally an option in game now). Aside from that, the screen wide banner that shows up immediately after the e-trial animation that tells you what to do also is annoying; it can block the lower part of the map if you brought it up, which is dumb.

Tymek
Apr 1, 2018, 09:38 AM
Is it true that this does not apply to Mother Triggers?

Zorak000
Apr 1, 2018, 10:43 AM
the raw boosts apply to triggers, but not the augmented drop tables

ArcaneTechs
Apr 4, 2018, 01:53 AM
i ran every mother, 4 runs each EQ, no 14*. Quality boost week, I got Sega'c again!

oratank
Apr 4, 2018, 02:08 AM
anybody got 14*katana from ultimate map?

XrosBlader821
Apr 4, 2018, 01:03 PM
I got the 14* Katana last week but not from Mother EQ
I did get however like 12 13* drops so there is that